Author Topic: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.  (Read 2084350 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.
« Reply #2280 on: April 18, 2011, 12:53:32 AM »

etiolate

« Reply #2281 on: April 18, 2011, 01:55:05 AM »
Gonna watch it later then. Love the skeazy sidekick.

Himu

« Reply #2282 on: April 18, 2011, 02:02:48 AM »
getting information from teenage girls by promising weed and sex is the greatest thing i've seen on cable television in a while
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2283 on: April 21, 2011, 01:05:27 PM »
DAVID LYNCH IS AMAZING IN TWIN PEAKS
nat

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #2284 on: April 21, 2011, 06:39:51 PM »
This wee is awesome!

Friday: new Fringe
Saturday: Doctor Who!
Sunday: Game of Thrones and Treme

:rock
Drunk

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2285 on: April 21, 2011, 07:31:35 PM »
This wee is awesome!

Friday: new Fringe
Saturday: Doctor Who!
Sunday: Game of Thrones and Treme

:rock

:teehee

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #2286 on: April 22, 2011, 04:53:21 PM »
Magnificent episode of Community last night :bow2
___

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2287 on: April 22, 2011, 09:08:05 PM »
Apparently Paul Reisers show was canceled after just two episodes
:9

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2288 on: April 22, 2011, 09:09:52 PM »
Who?

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2289 on: April 22, 2011, 09:14:30 PM »

Was the show that was placed in the 8:30 spot on Thursday nights on NBC. It was basically a PG version of Curb your Enthusiasm. You may remember Reiser from Mad About You back in the mid 90s?

Diunx

« Reply #2290 on: April 22, 2011, 09:17:44 PM »
Mad About You was cool, this show looked like crap who wants to see a pg version of curb?
Drunk

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2291 on: April 22, 2011, 09:23:19 PM »
Never heard of Mad About You

ohhh he was in Aliens. Is he popular or something?

Polari

• Hello darkness my old friend I come to talk to you again
« Reply #2292 on: April 23, 2011, 02:25:06 AM »
Never heard of Mad About You

Mad About You was pretty shitty but inexplicably popular 90s sitcom with him and Helen Hunt, who come to think of it, you've probably never heard of either. I feel old.

I've been binging on The Boondocks while sick in bed.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2293 on: April 23, 2011, 02:51:06 AM »
Helen Hunt was in Jurassic Park. Even I know that

Diunx

« Reply #2294 on: April 23, 2011, 03:58:41 AM »
I'm pretty sure she wasn't.
Drunk

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #2295 on: April 23, 2011, 11:27:47 AM »
did anyone catch Talking Funny on hbo last night? it's basically Ricky Gervais, Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rick, and Louis CK sitting around talking about comedy for an hour. it was pretty entertaining with plenty of laugh out loud moments. most of which where centered around Louis CK unsurprisingly. The only thing i don't know is if this is a one shot or it's gonna be a continues series.
nat

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2296 on: April 23, 2011, 02:30:50 PM »
I wanted to watch it but Fringe was on. I hope they air an encore at some point.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2297 on: April 24, 2011, 02:33:54 AM »
Just saw the 4th ep of The Sopranos, and finally it seems to "click." Kinda uneven episode at times, but it finally set up an interesting storyline...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
...with the shrewd transfer of power on Tony's part, and his son realizing what the family business really is.
[close]

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2298 on: April 25, 2011, 03:06:24 PM »
Watching the first Season of Curb your Enthusiasm and oh man, the episode where the blind man has Larry and Richard move around shit is the funniest thing I've seen come from TV.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2299 on: April 25, 2011, 03:13:01 PM »
Sopranos gets better and better :bow

What a shame I know how the damn thing ends, thanks to literally EVERYONE on television spoiling that shit. From weather men to fucking Charles Barkley during NBA games, I couldn't escape people's complaints after that episode aired.

Himu

« Reply #2300 on: April 25, 2011, 03:14:50 PM »
gonna watch curb and sopranoes this summer too.

we should all do a watch along :heartbeat
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2301 on: April 25, 2011, 03:50:52 PM »
Sopranos peaks with Season 3 but is still an amazing show.  It does take a few episodes to find its footing when you start, but it's nonstop after that.  Such a great fucking show.  I've been rewatching it for the last week or two.  I'm on the last episode of season 3 (watching it right now) and I'm still amazed at how good it is.

Himu

« Reply #2302 on: April 25, 2011, 04:13:52 PM »
watch The Wire
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #2303 on: April 25, 2011, 04:48:13 PM »
The Sopranos was a great show and yes the first 3 seasons are noticeably better than the later stuff but even during the later seasons it had some great episodes.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2304 on: April 25, 2011, 04:53:16 PM »
For me the Sopranos lost a lot of what made it special after the third season.  Too much had happened and it started to become harder and harder to take seriously.  The performances didn't suffer, it just felt like the show could have wrapped up a lot quicker.
It does get ridiculous as they keep trying to one up.  Certain characters grow stale (meadow, although i tired of her by the 2nd and third season).  still a great show by any means, just not AS awesome as it was before. 

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2305 on: April 25, 2011, 05:21:37 PM »

Was the show that was placed in the 8:30 spot on Thursday nights on NBC. It was basically a PG version of Curb your Enthusiasm. You may remember Reiser from Mad About You back in the mid 90s?

:lol  Who the hell thought making a PG version of Curb was a good idea?
🍆🍆

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2306 on: April 25, 2011, 07:21:49 PM »
Just finished Season 1 of Curb. The made up story about Larry's Uncle molesting him and how that ended up :lol

:lol  Who the hell thought making a PG version of Curb was a good idea?

Apparently Reiser wasn't too happy about NBC giving him short notice too. But yeah, it was as awful as it sounds. And Reiser trying to play the role of some sort of Larry David in his own way wasn't working out too well either. The awkwardness is there but I mean its Paul fucking Reiser.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 07:23:35 PM by BlueTsunami »

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #2307 on: April 25, 2011, 11:16:14 PM »
Just a few more episodes of Smallville left and then I can be done with this train-wreck of a show.  I hate it that I'm a comic fan enough to want to watch the thing through, and the fact that they've strung me along for ten fucking seasons...
WTF

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2308 on: April 26, 2011, 05:33:46 AM »
Boy was I excited when i saw David Duchovny's name in credits for this episode of Twin Peaks

boy was i

:rofl

Yeah... Man, I'm dying, just remembering his character interacting with Dale Cooper.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2309 on: April 26, 2011, 08:28:38 AM »
Just a few more episodes of Smallville left and then I can be done with this train-wreck of a show.  I hate it that I'm a comic fan enough to want to watch the thing through, and the fact that they've strung me along for ten fucking seasons...
hahaha

i stopped in season 5.  but Friday the wife and I watched the latest episode.  Man, nothing has changed with that damn show.  I bet they still use amnesia as a plot device like it's going out of style too.  Ugh.  The last episode I remember watching and actually liking was the one where Lana dies, then he goes back in time and instead his Dad dies.  I clapped.  I hated his dad.

Diunx

« Reply #2310 on: April 26, 2011, 01:44:30 PM »
Have they showed Darkseid or Doomsday?
Drunk

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2311 on: April 26, 2011, 03:00:11 PM »
The running gag on Curb about George being an idiot (and the character seemingly being modeled after Larry, so he identifies with him) is so good

« Reply #2312 on: April 26, 2011, 03:07:56 PM »
hahaha

i stopped in season 5.  but Friday the wife and I watched the latest episode.  Man, nothing has changed with that damn show.  I bet they still use amnesia as a plot device like it's going out of style too.  Ugh.  The last episode I remember watching and actually liking was the one where Lana dies, then he goes back in time and instead his Dad dies.  I clapped.  I hated his dad.

Is he Superman yet? I remember watching the pilot back in the day and thinking it was X-files in high school with a bit of the Superman mythos thrown in.
野球

Stoney Mason

« Reply #2313 on: April 26, 2011, 03:43:14 PM »
The running gag on Curb about George being an idiot (and the character seemingly being modeled after Larry, so he identifies with him) is so good

Well that part is true.

The joke is Larry being offended when Jason Alexander keeps pointing it out.

OptimoPeach

« Reply #2314 on: April 26, 2011, 10:52:38 PM »
Wow S2 of Twin Peaks is trash. I'm done
hi5

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2315 on: April 27, 2011, 12:10:15 PM »
hahaha

Is he Superman yet? I remember watching the pilot back in the day and thinking it was X-files in high school with a bit of the Superman mythos thrown in.
He's The Blur.  He has a red suit and he's got the S.  He works at the Daily Planet with Lois, and she knows who he is.  It seems to be more of a superhero show now, but you're definitely right about how it used to be.  It was a monster of the week episode that furthered the superman mythos a fraction of a centimeter at a time.  In Season 5 when I stopped watching he had learned how to fly and found his fortress of solitude.  I don't know how far they've gone with it now. 

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2316 on: April 27, 2011, 12:12:19 PM »
I just watched episode 1 of season 2 and it was pretty good.  Does it really get bad?

Also, I figured out what really bugs me about season 4 of the sopranos.  There are filler episodes.  Seasons 1-3 don't have straight up filler episodes, but in Season 4 there's the Columbus Day episode and it's a terrible episode.  The plot is stupid.  It has nothing to do with the overall arc.  when a season is only 12 or 13 episodes, you don't have time for filler!

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #2317 on: April 27, 2011, 12:21:48 PM »

I really liked the guy they had to play his dad.  And they've stopped with the amnesia thing for the time being.

Have they showed Darkseid or Doomsday?

They've had both of them.  And they both just kind of "fizzled" out of the picture.  Darkseid was dumb, but Doomsday had some real potential.

He's The Blur.  He has a red suit and he's got the S.  He works at the Daily Planet with Lois, and she knows who he is.  It seems to be more of a superhero show now, but you're definitely right about how it used to be.  It was a monster of the week episode that furthered the superman mythos a fraction of a centimeter at a time.  In Season 5 when I stopped watching he had learned how to fly and found his fortress of solitude.  I don't know how far they've gone with it now. 

The "suit" he wears right now is a pair of blue pants (they could be jeans) and a red leather jacket that has the "S" embroidered on it.  He hasn't officially learned how to fly yet, unless he's around certain kinds of Kryponite.  They're edging towards him being Superman now.  In this last episode he met Booster Gold who gave him the tip to pick a name that was a little more "Super".

He won't don the name, the suit, or fly until the last episode, more than likely.  This is because Tom Welling (Exec Producer and plays Clark Kent) is honoring the "No Flights, No Tights" rule that the original producers set up for the show because they didn't want to make it a show about Superman, as much as they wanted it to be about Clark Kent. 
WTF

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2318 on: April 27, 2011, 12:31:27 PM »
I thought in the episode where his Dad dies he's flying with Lana.  Didn't notice the suit too much.  I only saw it for a few seconds and just the red top part with the S in the booster gold episode.  I'll end up watching Seasons 6 and on eventually.  mainly because I invested years into the show and even though I didn't bother to keep up with it, I still want to know how it all goes.  And it's an enjoyable show if you look past issues that are normal for supernatural and low budget shows.

« Reply #2319 on: April 27, 2011, 04:21:05 PM »
I still wish we would've got the Bruce Wayne show instead.
野球

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #2320 on: April 27, 2011, 07:05:23 PM »

And not get Batman Begins or TDK?  No thanks. 

Unless you just really liked Jack Nicholson acting like the Joker acting like Jack Nicholson, and Arnold Schwarzenegger doing whatever the fuck he was doing in that last one...
WTF

« Reply #2321 on: April 27, 2011, 07:11:38 PM »

And not get Batman Begins or TDK?  No thanks. 

Unless you just really liked Jack Nicholson acting like the Joker acting like Jack Nicholson, and Arnold Schwarzenegger doing whatever the fuck he was doing in that last one...

In my world both would co-exist. Although, a world without obnoxious Nolan fanboys would be beautiful.
野球

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2322 on: April 28, 2011, 11:39:36 AM »
Watching the final episode of Season 4 of the Sopranos and it's a lot greater than I remembered.  Season 4 as a whole is kinda ehh compared to the first 3,  but ideally, I would have liked the show to end with Season 4.  I think it would have been a better end than dragging it on for 2 and a half more seasons.  Granted, the actual shots should not be the end, the but the arc of the season/show should end on that note especially since
spoiler (click to show/hide)
it basically ends the same way (everything going back to status quo) except with a lot of dead characters and tony and carmela getting back together.

I think they should have made it a two hour episode, tying up the things with carmine and with some more bloodshed and let carmelas and tony's relationship fall apart like it had been slowly doing for the previous 50 episodes.
[close]

Not to mention, i think it would be a great opportunity to end the show with one of the best performances its ever had (Carmella's).  When I originally saw the episode in high school, I remember thinking how awesome Tony was and how I thought Carmella is a bitch.  But man, she gives a great performance and makes you really feel for her.  Did she win an emmy for season 4?  she should have.  Whitecaps is definitely one of my favorite episodes of the series. 

« Reply #2323 on: April 28, 2011, 06:49:32 PM »
I've been watching Archer on Netflix...

I don't know why I didn't watch this when it started on FX, it's brilliant.
野球

OptimoPeach

« Reply #2324 on: April 28, 2011, 08:58:44 PM »
I just watched episode 1 of season 2 and it was pretty good.  Does it really get bad?
I even thought the first episode of the season was pretty bad, so maybe just ignore me lol. But yeah, there is a very specific point where it went from "ehh I'm not feeling this like I was" to just straight up "WELP, nothing more to see here" for me

Don't want to understate how much I enjoyed S1, though! Glad it ended up on Netflix
hi5

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #2325 on: April 28, 2011, 09:05:44 PM »
I've been watching Archer on Netflix...

I don't know why I didn't watch this when it started on FX, it's brilliant.

I'm pretty new to the show too. I luv it soooo much.
___

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2326 on: April 28, 2011, 10:50:14 PM »
Anyone else wanna' titty bang Wanda Sykes? Anybody? Anybody?...

:-\

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2327 on: April 28, 2011, 11:00:27 PM »
two days ago: a girl talked to me and I blew her off :rock
yesterday: this cheeseburger singer is fine
today: anyone else into ugly lesbians?

when will this downward spiral end

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2328 on: April 28, 2011, 11:20:09 PM »
:lol FUCK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #2329 on: April 29, 2011, 12:12:16 AM »
:rofl
AMC

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2330 on: April 29, 2011, 10:30:18 PM »
Sopranos S1 :bow

Started out slow but eventually it got on a roll and never stopped. Would have liked more development of some of the supporting characters, like Tony's capos outside of Christopher; I'd imagine we'll get more in S2.

Diunx

« Reply #2331 on: April 30, 2011, 11:15:19 AM »
HOLY FUCK FRINGE! :bow2
Drunk

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2332 on: May 01, 2011, 12:17:26 AM »
Finished Season 4 of Curb, its amazing how its been going strong so far for 4 seasons. Amazing end to the season too.

Beezy

« Reply #2333 on: May 01, 2011, 01:02:27 AM »
Started Sons of Anarchy on Friday and now I'm 9 episodes in. Why doesn't anyone talk about this show? It's so fun to watch.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #2334 on: May 01, 2011, 01:04:44 AM »
Started Sons of Anarchy on Friday and now I'm 9 episodes in. Why doesn't anyone talk about this show? It's so fun to watch.

I think its been mentioned before. I know some people really like it. I haven't watched it yet because bikers don't seem that interesting to me as a subject but nearly everyone who watches it has good things to say about it.

And Ron Perlman tends to make anything awesome.

Beezy

« Reply #2335 on: May 01, 2011, 01:13:06 AM »

I think its been mentioned before. I know some people really like it. I haven't watched it yet because bikers don't seem that interesting to me as a subject but nearly everyone who watches it has good things to say about it.

And Ron Perlman tends to make anything awesome.
Same reason why I held off for so long, but it's really good.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2336 on: May 01, 2011, 10:22:05 AM »
HOLY FUCK FRINGE! :bow2

Just caught up. I agree. John Noble is so good. Same with Anna Torv.

I sure hope the writers don't screw this up. They're already veering dangerously into "oh, c'mon" territory.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2337 on: May 01, 2011, 10:22:53 AM »

It gets silly. It never really manages to be as sinister and fear-inducing as season 1. The movie does though.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2338 on: May 02, 2011, 04:07:17 PM »

It gets silly. It never really manages to be as sinister and fear-inducing as season 1. The movie does though.
Yeah, I watched a few episodes over the weekend.  It's not quite the same, still enjoyable so far though. 

Man, some of the episodes of Sopranos Season 5 are pretty bad.  Good ord.  They're just boring and don't really go anywhere. 

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #2339 on: May 02, 2011, 04:13:46 PM »

I do! sometimes.
AMC