Author Topic: Is the world burning?  (Read 244793 times)

BisMarckie

Re: Is the world burning?
« Reply #1200 on: June 01, 2020, 05:10:56 PM »
Zwarte lives matter.  :doge

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #1201 on: June 01, 2020, 05:18:27 PM »
I guess, in a way, Trump was right when he said that these riots are an international embarrassment of the US
每天生气

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1202 on: June 01, 2020, 05:20:52 PM »
Pig I went to school with posted this:

Any non-MAGA information on this?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1203 on: June 01, 2020, 05:23:29 PM »
https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1267556566594719744

What's up with these old ass very dangerous laws.
Presidents should clean up their laws when they leave office lol

"Well guys, we have some GOOD news and we have some BAD news"
"The GOOD news is, we're leaving this shithole after nearly 20 years of fighting"
"The BAD news is we're shipping out immediately to New York, Michigan and other places"

"Excuse me sir, I live in Texas"

"Well son, that's the BAD news. We've been reassigned to fight and kill communist terrorists on US soil that have infiltrated over 50 cities"
"I'm well aware most of you have PTSD, a bad heroin addiction, depression and other mental issues so this mission like our mission in Afghanistan will be a great success"

"Sir... I'd rather not fight in the US"

"Well in that case you can join up with Sergeant Bradley and patrol Syrian oil fields with the Russians"
"Look son, I ain't gonna lie to you this mission ain't gonna be easy. Everyone wears a mask, so lord knows what you're shooting at"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 05:33:35 PM by Nintex »
🤴

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1204 on: June 01, 2020, 05:28:03 PM »

What's up with these old ass very dangerous laws.
Presidents should clean up their laws when they leave office lol

...Yeah, good luck with that. I think a lot of military folks would balk.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1205 on: June 01, 2020, 05:37:50 PM »
So, I don't understand how McAtee died. Every article I read paints a different picture. Was he in the lot too or what he in his shop and got hit by a stray bullet? Not that it makes a difference, just want to be clear on what happened.

It's kind of like we would know if they had their body cams turned on.

Himu

« Reply #1207 on: June 01, 2020, 05:39:14 PM »

Governors often prefer the National Guard forces in these cases because they can legally perform law enforcement duties in the U.S., whereas troops on active duty cannot or they violate the Posse Comitatus Act, a 1878 law that prohibits the government from using military forces to act as a police force within U.S. borders.

Does that not actively contradict the existence of the Insurrection Act?
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #1208 on: June 01, 2020, 05:44:13 PM »
Apparently Obama wrote a medium post... going to check it out in a bit
每天生气

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1209 on: June 01, 2020, 05:44:20 PM »
©@©™

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #1210 on: June 01, 2020, 05:48:54 PM »
Apparently Obama wrote a medium post... going to check it out in a bit

Hillary deleted her post by mistake :ohyou :rodney

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1211 on: June 01, 2020, 05:50:04 PM »
Hilarious how much these dudes get paid for platitudes

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/1267561036531429376

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/1267562892024442882

Nothing anyone has said on any of this is anything but a platitude at this point. 

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #1212 on: June 01, 2020, 05:55:27 PM »
https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/1267562892024442882
it really hit me yesterday after the portland protest fizzled out that all of these liberal would-be leaders have no idea what political power is, how to get it, or how to enforce demands. the only thing the demonstrations have affected, and will affect in their current form, is public opinion (for the better, and that’s good! but only to a point). the grievances we’ve voiced itt over a lack of organization still hold good, but there’s also a lack of awareness, or maybe an unwillingness to admit, that politics is about coercion

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1213 on: June 01, 2020, 06:01:04 PM »
Florida Police Man: "You all have guns, why not use them?"
https://twitter.com/FOX13News/status/1267539936401592320
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1214 on: June 01, 2020, 06:01:18 PM »
it really hit me yesterday after the portland protest fizzled out that all of these liberal would-be leaders have no idea what political power is, how to get it, or how to enforce demands. the only thing the demonstrations have affected, and will affect in their current form, is public opinion (for the better, and that’s good! but only to a point). the grievances we’ve voiced itt over a lack of organization still hold good, but there’s also a lack of awareness, or maybe an unwillingness to admit, that politics is about coercion

elaborate

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1216 on: June 01, 2020, 06:06:19 PM »

Nothing anyone has said on any of this is anything but a platitude at this point.

I don't mind if you say them. I just wish I was paid a lot more to say absolutely nothing of value. :wow

:lol I literally had the sentence 'We should strive to have a society where we all are highly paid for our platitudes' but deleted it cause it didn't jive with the first sentence.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1217 on: June 01, 2020, 06:13:33 PM »
I've been watching some minneapolis streams by this guy Max Chillin, it hasn't been one of the bigger or better streams or anything, but he lives up to his name

I know this is what streaming's about anyway but feeling like you're there with him for the ride

he was pretty demoralized at the end of his stream 2 days ago, seeing the unity cracking as protesters started to fight each other, and he did another short stream yesterday out surveying the damage in the morning

talked about in the stream that his roommate where he had been living discovered that he was streaming, and kicked him out of the house immediately (citing covid worry), forcing him to stop the stream to pack his entire life into his car

at the end of the stream revealed that his mom had been murdered 11 months ago
 :fbm

there is no point to this post.  he didn't offer a donation link or anything, he's just some guy out there
Uncle

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1218 on: June 01, 2020, 06:13:56 PM »
But in seriousness, I have not seen a single actionable plan about how to achieve police reform, except for maybe reinstating Obama's demilitarization stuff.  It's crazy how everyone in the media can simultaneously agree that racism is bad and structural but don't engage with the question of how to change that.   And in an election year, you think that would be the first thing that happens.  Shame the Dem primaries finished when they did. 

shosta

« Reply #1219 on: June 01, 2020, 06:20:55 PM »
每天生气

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1220 on: June 01, 2020, 06:21:09 PM »
Trump is making a statement apparently within the hour, and it's from the lawn and not the oval office so expect him to get wild

it would be doubly fucked if he invoked martial law because in many places the protests are starting fizzle out as they do, people only have so much stamina

some cities are just gearing up but they too will have their crest and fall, it's going to burn itself out without need for too much intervention...unless he pours gas on it
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1221 on: June 01, 2020, 06:23:52 PM »
Barr is already in place in front of the protesters

🤴

Himu

« Reply #1222 on: June 01, 2020, 06:25:30 PM »
Trump is making a statement apparently within the hour, and it's from the lawn and not the oval office so expect him to get wild

Haha WHAT
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1223 on: June 01, 2020, 06:27:56 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/WFPLNews/status/1267560783422074882

:lol dude was retiring in a month and gets to keep his pension. 

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1224 on: June 01, 2020, 06:28:30 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1225 on: June 01, 2020, 06:28:34 PM »
🤴

shosta

« Reply #1226 on: June 01, 2020, 06:30:27 PM »
I have a suspicion that Andy Beshear is one of those governors that a lot of cops would love to make disappear so it doesn't matter what he says or tries to do, it's a functionally rogue institution.
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1228 on: June 01, 2020, 06:36:43 PM »

elaborate

:horsefucker
Margs

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1230 on: June 01, 2020, 06:40:39 PM »
🤴

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1231 on: June 01, 2020, 06:45:09 PM »
Call them pigs and beat them. But please do not fat shame.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1232 on: June 01, 2020, 06:47:12 PM »
Barr told Trump to bring down the hammer.

Now the police shot tear gas into the crowds in front at the White House as Trump is giving his law and order speech.

Absolute chaos.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #1233 on: June 01, 2020, 06:48:16 PM »
Trump's speech is horrific.
IYKYK

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1234 on: June 01, 2020, 06:51:40 PM »
that speech hahahahahahhahaha  :lol

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #1236 on: June 01, 2020, 06:51:52 PM »
elaborate
protestors outnumbered the police ~10:1 last night in downtown portland. after a couple hours of the most peaceful demonstration as you could reasonably expect, police announced that the protest had become unlawful because someone had lobbed a projectile at them. a handful of people from the crowd, who i can only assume were organizers, started addressing the crowd, assuring them that select leaders of the demonstration were in ‘negotiations’ with the police and that the protest would continue if they moved off of the streets into a nearby park. they did, then the police kettled them, dispersing the 9/10 of the crowd who were there just to demonstrate, and the rest of the night was a cat and mouse game between the police, who had deliberately escalated the situation, and the remaining part of the crowd who were down to buck. the protest organizers meanwhile got a photo-op with the police chief (or whoever) for their social media, while hewing to the police party line that the protest had been ruined by a handful of bad apples in the crowd. no mention of the behavior of the portland police department, no mention of the demands that had animated the protest, most notably, demilitarization of law enforcement -presumably something that would have been ‘negotiated’.

they willingly gave up the only kind of leverage they had -their numbers- in the hopes that good faith dialogue would get the police to take off their riot gear. how are you gonna negotiate if you don’t have any leverage? they arent occupying key spaces of the city, they arent shutting anything down. they largely cant because covid already did. their only plan of action is documenting getting rocked in the face by a gas canister and hoping that enough voting people will see that and think it’s fucked up.

maybe it’s because a lot of these protestors are kids and are naive about what the police want and how they operate, and about how peaceful a group of 10000 pissed off people can reasonably be, idk. whatever it is, it plays into getting rhetorically outflanked by the people you’re protesting. and then pundits like klein can spectacularly misread the room by thinking that the axis and the allies are actually the same people because they’re both at war and ‘feed off each other’.

Himu

« Reply #1237 on: June 01, 2020, 06:51:56 PM »
This did not make me feel better at all.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1238 on: June 01, 2020, 06:53:25 PM »
Who was saying Trump would bend? Nah Trump is horrible.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1239 on: June 01, 2020, 06:53:41 PM »
When the curfew we pew pew
🤴

Himu

« Reply #1240 on: June 01, 2020, 06:53:58 PM »
I have never thought the dark thoughts towards another person the way I do the president
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1241 on: June 01, 2020, 06:57:28 PM »
🤴

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1242 on: June 01, 2020, 06:58:24 PM »
Jesus fucking Christ

This country is over
püp

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1243 on: June 01, 2020, 06:59:15 PM »
Trump was trying to thread the needle earlier because his base is lunatic racists but he has actual delusions of winning over some black voters, hence "these riots are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd" or whatever. "Actually the blacks like me" has been part of his schtick the last four years.

When shit got bumpy he was always going to revert back to this.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1244 on: June 01, 2020, 07:00:36 PM »
Like this post if you'd like me to write to my representatives to send you guys Peace Keepers. 

shosta

« Reply #1245 on: June 01, 2020, 07:02:34 PM »
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Boredfrom

« Reply #1247 on: June 01, 2020, 07:04:19 PM »
Trump was trying to thread the needle earlier because his base is lunatic racists but he has actual delusions of winning over some black voters, hence "these riots are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd" or whatever. "Actually the blacks like me" has been part of his schtick the last four years.

When shit got bumpy he was always going to revert back to this.

I got the feeling he truly believes he is not a racist piece of shit. His cognitive disassociations are something to behold.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1248 on: June 01, 2020, 07:05:12 PM »
https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1267591908425072640

Seems like he still has the backing of the GOP after
*checks notes*
Declaring war on the United States
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #1249 on: June 01, 2020, 07:05:44 PM »
Trump really can't help himself. :lol

It's not like he couild have said or done anything significant(at least not credibly), but to double down on faux strongman talk is just :neogaf

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #1250 on: June 01, 2020, 07:07:13 PM »
I have a suspicion that Andy Beshear is one of those governors that a lot of cops would love to make disappear so it doesn't matter what he says or tries to do, it's a functionally rogue institution.

Beshear was the former state AG before he became governor, is from a Kentucky political family and his politics skew moderate.

shosta

« Reply #1251 on: June 01, 2020, 07:07:42 PM »
Seeing a lot of the liberal media act extremely confused about what's going on and I'm just sitting here laughing and thinking about something someone once told me years ago, which was that the people who can't see the country for what it is will be very surprised, and the people who can see it will be dead
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1253 on: June 01, 2020, 07:08:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1267592880077578241

Tear gassing a bunch of protesters so the leader can take a walk  :doge
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #1254 on: June 01, 2020, 07:09:21 PM »
Trump really can't help himself. :lol

It's not like he couild have said or done anything significant(at least not credibly), but to double down on faux strongman talk is just :neogaf

Is the only shtick he has. The guy is one trick pony that depends entirely of his enablers safe guarding him.

shosta

« Reply #1255 on: June 01, 2020, 07:10:38 PM »
It's really like a third world country dictatorship.
fascism was invented in the first world though
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #1256 on: June 01, 2020, 07:11:47 PM »
Born too late to see the Roman Empire crumble, born too early to see the fall of capitalism, born just in time to see America's fash mask drop. :vr

Boredfrom

« Reply #1257 on: June 01, 2020, 07:11:49 PM »
It's really like a third world country dictatorship.
fascism was invented in the first world though

But this kind of incompetent fascism was perfected in the third world.

shosta

« Reply #1258 on: June 01, 2020, 07:12:28 PM »
trump having unhinged police goons bash peaceful protesters and journalists so he can walk to a church and pretend he's religious is absolutely iconic, I'm probably never going to forget that
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1259 on: June 01, 2020, 07:16:19 PM »

🤴