Author Topic: Pallando will return in "Never Say Never Again"  (Read 1242390 times)

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #1200 on: November 30, 2011, 01:22:39 PM »
That was painful to read.
AMC

Mupepe

• Icon
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #1201 on: November 30, 2011, 01:27:57 PM »
I guess we'll agree to disagree. Personally I like just getting to know a girl, doing things, getting comfortable around each other...then if anything happens I have already laid the proper groundwork. I used the car analogy already but dating might as well be farming, truth be told. You plant the seed and watch things grow. Too much water, too early of a kiss, and things die or get awkward.

I'm at a point with my girlfriend that we're just compatible. We're completely comfortable around each other and hang out all the time, although not enough to push things/get tired of each other.
That doesn't seem... normal.  Whatever works for you personally though.  And things probably don't awkward or die because of an early kiss, they probably get awkward or die because I think you're making too much out of these things.  Every girl or relationship is different and moves at a different pace.  Some girls get fucked on the first night and others get a kiss good night.  Don't be afraid of moving early in the relationship.  It's called passion, son.  Girls like it.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1202 on: November 30, 2011, 01:58:34 PM »
Yeah, I've had first dates where I ended the night with anything from a 5 minute makeout to a Drinky-patented sidehug. I feel that you should at least try to kiss the girls by dates 2 or 3, since I found that if I don't, the girls would lose interest and things would die down. Even with the more conservative girls (hell, me and jesus freak were on her couch making out on date 2... sadly it didn't get much farther than that :( ).
^_^

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #1203 on: November 30, 2011, 02:02:51 PM »
I used the car analogy already but dating might as well be farming, truth be told.

newsfeed.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1204 on: November 30, 2011, 02:14:41 PM »
Asian girls aren't real people though, so it's cool
fat

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1205 on: November 30, 2011, 02:58:45 PM »
i was forced into being the "take it slow" guy with my current girl.  skyped for about 5 months after I met her (she lives in euroland) before the first kiss.  it sucked at first, but it really helped me make sure I was getting into something good.  Built up a lot of trust and horniness over that time.  The talks were getting ridiculous, like 5, 6 hours, but going by like a minute. 

but hey, now i'm getting weed and anal for christmas, so what can i say?  (just joking around...i'm getting other, more normal stuff too and there's a lot more to it than that.) 

of course, until next summer we're gonna be doing small visits with about 2 months in between each one, so I'm not quite out of the woods yet.  Doesn't feel like a drag at all though and we're both very confident in things working out.  I kinda like not having to see her all the time and she likes taking it slow too, since we both had some shitstorm "would rather be alone forever" relationships before meeting each other. 

If it doesn't, oh well, at least it was interesting. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 03:00:43 PM by Don Flamenco »

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1206 on: November 30, 2011, 03:06:31 PM »
Yeah but that's not normal

it's not like you had the option of trying to kiss her on your second skype date
AMC

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1207 on: November 30, 2011, 03:08:52 PM »
yeah and that's not how it would've gone down, had she lived here. 

But we could've given each other a hot, sexy, masturbation slideshow   :-*

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1208 on: November 30, 2011, 03:10:12 PM »
Guys, I wasn't kidding. I literally shook my girlfriend's hand on the second date.
zzzzz

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1209 on: November 30, 2011, 03:18:17 PM »
The gamer chick was weird, she only dated girls in the past and "was trying guys out" now... she lives in an apartment with a dude who pays for it completely... no job, dropped out of college b/c she was addicted to FF11... yeah, no.

:lol
©@©™

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1210 on: November 30, 2011, 03:26:04 PM »
Guys, I wasn't kidding. I literally shook my girlfriend's hand on the second date.
:(

In high school after one of my first dates the girl asked if she could come back to my house (hint #1) and while we were on my bed watching tv she asked for a backrub (hint #2).  Then when I walked her to her car she kept stalling and telling me she didn't want to go home (hint #3) so what did I do?  I gave her a kiss on the cheek and sent her home.  I wasn't a virgin but I was still an idiot when it came to male to female relations and picking up signals.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
She called me about an hour later and told me her parents weren't going to be home that night.  I went over and fucked her silly until we fell asleep around 6am.  I got that hint!
[close]

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1211 on: November 30, 2011, 03:41:53 PM »
:(

In high school after one of my first dates the girl asked if she could come back to my house (hint #1) and while we were on my bed watching tv she asked for a backrub (hint #2).  Then when I walked her to her car she kept stalling and telling me she didn't want to go home (hint #3) so what did I do?  I gave her a kiss on the cheek and sent her home.  I wasn't a virgin but I was still an idiot when it came to male to female relations and picking up signals.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
She called me about an hour later and told me her parents weren't going to be home that night.  I went over and fucked her silly until we fell asleep around 6am.  I got that hint!
[close]

Well, she's my girlfriend now thankfully. Rather than being completely turned away by my obliviousness she found it cute and called me on it. *shrug*
zzzzz

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1212 on: November 30, 2011, 03:45:19 PM »
I hung out with this Kiwi chick in Cairo. We went all over the city and saw lots of cool shit. Back in the hostel, she asked if I would give her a backrub. Things might have gone well if an old dude hadn't checked in right then.
You should have told the old dude to get some lotion and help out

Well, she's my girlfriend now thankfully. Rather than being completely turned away by my obliviousness she found it cute and called me on it. *shrug*
that's good.  i think most women in their 20's would be frustrated more than anything.

« Reply #1213 on: November 30, 2011, 03:54:19 PM »
I hung out with this Kiwi chick in Cairo. We went all over the city and saw lots of cool shit. Back in the hostel, she asked if I would give her a backrub. Things might have gone well if an old dude hadn't checked in right then.

That's why you man up and get a hotel room. Hostels are for dirty poors.
野球

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1214 on: November 30, 2011, 03:55:22 PM »

Really? Sounds like things were about to get even better at that point!  :P
^_^

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1215 on: November 30, 2011, 04:56:59 PM »
You should have told the old dude to get some lotion and help out

that's good.  i think most women in their 20's would be frustrated more than anything.

I wouldn't get away with this shit if I weren't such a stud. 8)
zzzzz

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1216 on: November 30, 2011, 05:01:35 PM »

I shook my best female friend's hand after her sweet 16 party. Then I shook her dad's hand. He likes me to this day

Bebpo

« Reply #1217 on: November 30, 2011, 05:04:18 PM »
The gamer chick was weird, she only dated girls in the past and "was trying guys out" now... she lives in an apartment with a dude who pays for it completely... no job, dropped out of college b/c she was addicted to FF11... yeah, no.

Sounds awesome to me except the lives in an apartment with a guy who is paying for her rent because that sounds like she's giving him favors or he wants some and that's only going to cause problems down the line.

« Reply #1218 on: November 30, 2011, 05:30:08 PM »
None of that sounds awesome.
野球

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1219 on: November 30, 2011, 07:53:49 PM »

I shook my best female friend's hand after her sweet 16 party. Then I shook her dad's hand. He likes me to this day

did either of them suck your dick?  no?  then you lost

someday you'll escape from mom's shadow, just not yet
pcp

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1220 on: December 01, 2011, 10:20:15 AM »
 :lol :lol PD

fomalhaut

« Reply #1221 on: December 01, 2011, 10:27:12 AM »
this thread has me  :lol

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1222 on: December 01, 2011, 10:49:06 AM »
If you need any more proof that women are devious and pieces of shit

Poor tiesto : (

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-11-29/news/30453560_1_match-com-roommates-japanese-restaurant
fat

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1223 on: December 01, 2011, 11:01:27 AM »
None of that sounds awesome.

"gamer" weighs in that heavily I guess. 

hate to generalize, but the gamer girls I've met in real life have either been really ugly or completely fucking self-absorbed in their identity, annoying me to death within 5 minutes of talking...like an extroverted asperger's case.  the good ones must be super rare.

then there's the weird gamestop clerk that I was nice to in order to get her to take back my opened 3DS (buyer's remorse), who remembered my voice 5 months later when I called to see if they had used 3DS' for my nephew, called me by my name, then grilled me about looking for another 3DS...all after me only saying "do you guys have used 3DS systems in stock?"  after her speech, I managed to say "um...don't do that" before hanging up :lol

« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:03:02 AM by Don Flamenco »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1224 on: December 01, 2011, 11:10:04 AM »
Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks.
©@©™

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1225 on: December 01, 2011, 11:50:33 AM »
I've never met a cool full on gamer chick.  I'm sure they exist.  But the ones I've met have been ugly, crazy or both.  The best ones I've found are the ones that I turned on to games after we met. 

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1226 on: December 01, 2011, 11:50:48 AM »

That's why you man up and get a hotel room. Hostels are for dirty poors.

You can get a private in a hostel too.

Thats what I did when I met a lady friend just spend two days fucking :)

2009  :'(

Inspector Thatcher

« Reply #1227 on: December 01, 2011, 10:46:02 PM »
I'll never understand the gamer girl obsession. My girlfriend likes to play Bioshock and is looking forward to the next Max Payne? pshhhh I'd rather have a chick who can give a mean bj.
:o

*puts down xbox controller*

Tell me more, you oracle you.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #1228 on: December 01, 2011, 10:54:28 PM »
For the most part, a serious relationship means giving up a lot of gaming time. The dream is that a gamer girl will require minimal maintenance, allow the guy to continue playing games all the time, AND give mean BJs on demand in between Skyrim sessions.

It's a pretty dismal dream that I'd imagine is very rarely realized, even. My younger brother is crazy about this shit - will ignore girls who rank the Final Fantasies and Zeldas in the wrong order, for example. I have tried and failed to get him to think out that box a little but no luck yet.
vjj

« Reply #1229 on: December 01, 2011, 11:14:09 PM »
My wife will play Katamari, Bubble Bobble and Rock Band from time to time, but other than that she doesn't give a shit about gaming whatsoever.
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1230 on: December 01, 2011, 11:39:53 PM »
My wife will play Katamari, Bubble Bobble and Rock Band from time to time, but other than that she doesn't give a shit about gaming whatsoever.

How can you possibly relate to her, given the value and importance of gaming, something that defines you as a human being?!?!!

/gaf

cool breeze

« Reply #1231 on: December 01, 2011, 11:39:54 PM »
I find people who're genuinely clueless about games to be more attractive or something.  I dunno.  Anytime I talk about games it's like  ":ninja - I might have heard about that axeblocks thing."  Because of how much I know compared to anyone else.  If I didn't filter myself it's all "OH FUCK SON XBOX LOOP 2 MEGAFLOPPZ CUNMCUMMM."  I post here and on gaf as a release for this meganerd shit.  So when someone doesn't know/care, it can continue to be my thing; my dark secret hobby :shh

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1232 on: December 01, 2011, 11:50:26 PM »
Samesies. No one knows I'm as hardcore as I am.
zzzzz

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1233 on: December 01, 2011, 11:59:36 PM »

yup. my wife plays titan quest and the diablo titles, and every other game might as well not exist. i vastly prefer it that way.
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1234 on: December 02, 2011, 12:01:13 AM »
I've never met a cool full on gamer chick.  I'm sure they exist.  But the ones I've met have been ugly, crazy or both.  The best ones I've found are the ones that I turned on to games after we met. 

i know quite a few attractive -- some extremely so -- gamer chicas. you know what? they annoy me just like their male hardcore gamer counterparts. adult conversational repertoires, please!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 12:02:58 AM by Van Cruncheon »
duc

« Reply #1235 on: December 02, 2011, 12:37:53 AM »

How can you possibly relate to her, given the value and importance of gaming, something that defines you as a human being?!?!!

/gaf

Seriously, if you didn't know me online, you'd probably not guess that I'm a huge fan of games and giant robots. It doesn't define me nor do I desire to push it on anyone.
野球

etiolate

« Reply #1236 on: December 02, 2011, 12:51:06 AM »
that is until you build that gundam in your front yard

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1237 on: December 02, 2011, 12:55:12 AM »
I never understood the argument. I'm a big fantasy nerd, I'm a bigger StarCraft nerd. I may plan my nap schedules so I can stay up and watch people play a videogame professionally at 5AM on weekends, but that doesn't define me as a person or have any hold over my everyday interactions. It's just something...I do.

If a girl finds my hobbies to be odd...eh; in no way will it effect any personal relationship I have now or in the future. To be perfectly honest I can see why someone would find it odd. I think the ability to view things from another person's perspective is a rare trait amongst nerds.

« Reply #1238 on: December 02, 2011, 12:56:47 AM »
I know my wife doesn't find my hobbies interesting, but it's never mattered. They're my hobbies, I don't expect anyone else to like them. It's kind of nice that way, to be honest.

We do share a love of film, music and literature, though. Awfully nice to have someone who wants to see the same movies and go to the same concerts that I do.

that is until you build that gundam in your front yard

Quiet you!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 12:58:22 AM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

cool breeze

« Reply #1239 on: December 02, 2011, 01:14:53 AM »
basically, find a woman who likes Dragula and Adventures in Babysitting?

Bebpo

« Reply #1240 on: December 02, 2011, 03:37:22 AM »
For the most part, a serious relationship means giving up a lot of gaming time. The dream is that a gamer girl will require minimal maintenance, allow the guy to continue playing games all the time, AND give mean BJs on demand in between Skyrim sessions.

It's a pretty dismal dream that I'd imagine is very rarely realized, even. My younger brother is crazy about this shit - will ignore girls who rank the Final Fantasies and Zeldas in the wrong order, for example. I have tried and failed to get him to think out that box a little but no luck yet.

I think it's more the idea (whether it exists of not) that you can find someone who would enjoy playing games together; like how you can enjoy watching movies together.  Instead of playing games being regulated to this "my hobby thing" which is only done on "my hobby time" and not during "relationship bonding time".  I have plenty of "relationship bonding time" with my guy friends while playing games, I'm sure it can be done in a dating relationship as well.

I tried to get a girl to play Williams Pinball Hall of Fame with me.  I mean who the fuck hates on the best pinball game ever made.  It's fun for everyone!  I wanted to share the awesomeness of the game with her.  She was like "ehh, videogame zzzz"

This is why a girl with some slight interest in videogames gets a lot of plus points in the pros/cons analysis of date or dump.

It's also stupid how society is like "Hey mr. hetrosexual guy, it's cool to find a girl you can go to movies together with, go to concerts together with, listen to music together with, etc.... but gaming?  That's man-time baby!  you don't do that with a girl".  Games are still scene as outcasts of entertainment fields, which is silly since they are like THE NUMBER ONE MONEY MAKING FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT ENJOYED BY AMERICANS at the moment.

tl dr; Mr & Mrs Gundam should be able to play split-screen Gundam Versus Extreme against each other for fun this weekend.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:42:59 AM by Bebpo »

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #1241 on: December 02, 2011, 06:50:36 AM »
Oh, if only I could find a girl who works out with kettlebells, so I could spend EVEN MORE OF MY LIFE WITH HER. BONDING. 

Yeah ok, I'd probably like it if my wife wasn't so derisory about games but really, she'd be derisory about anything I spent an irrational amount of time and money on to no material end. Comics, fitness, cooking, basketball, whatever i'm into, she's against on the fundamental principle that it is not productive for her. It's a very mercenary attitude on her part, but one I understand completely and have immense amounts of fun trying to defuse and circumvent. This provides me with endless challenge because she is fundamentally correct and I cannot possibly justify spending the amount of time, money and effort on the above as I do. I am of course derisory about all her hobbies, while still encouraging to do them all so we get out of each other's face once in a while. This is how marriage works, really.
vjj

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1242 on: December 02, 2011, 07:58:02 AM »
In the end its all about love and having an open mind, take things as they come.and dont get stuck up on how things should be according to others, movies etc.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other
« Reply #1243 on: December 02, 2011, 08:50:39 AM »

I think it's more the idea (whether it exists of not) that you can find someone who would enjoy playing games together; like how you can enjoy watching movies together.  Instead of playing games being regulated to this "my hobby thing" which is only done on "my hobby time" and not during "relationship bonding time".  I have plenty of "relationship bonding time" with my guy friends while playing games, I'm sure it can be done in a dating relationship as well.

I tried to get a girl to play Williams Pinball Hall of Fame with me.  I mean who the fuck hates on the best pinball game ever made.  It's fun for everyone!  I wanted to share the awesomeness of the game with her.  She was like "ehh, videogame zzzz"

This is why a girl with some slight interest in videogames gets a lot of plus points in the pros/cons analysis of date or dump.

It's also stupid how society is like "Hey mr. hetrosexual guy, it's cool to find a girl you can go to movies together with, go to concerts together with, listen to music together with, etc.... but gaming?  That's man-time baby!  you don't do that with a girl".  Games are still scene as outcasts of entertainment fields, which is silly since they are like THE NUMBER ONE MONEY MAKING FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT ENJOYED BY AMERICANS at the moment.

tl dr; Mr & Mrs Gundam should be able to play split-screen Gundam Versus Extreme against each other for fun this weekend.

Imagine if a girl you had chemistry with dumped you because you weren't excited to attend her knitting circle once a week.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1244 on: December 02, 2011, 08:59:55 AM »

It's also easy to find a girl who has other hobbies so you don't have to give up gaming time... I am one of those people that needs his "me time", but I've had some reasonably successful relationships with non gamers who have other hobbies they keep busy with (i.e. reading). I don't go out of my way to seek gamer girls, though a number of them tend to like me. The only dealbreaker is if the girl is actively turned off by my hobbies. I definitely appreciate it when a girl at least feigns interest in stuff I like, too (more so music than games).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:10:35 AM by tiesto »
^_^

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
« Reply #1245 on: December 02, 2011, 09:18:14 AM »
I need some "me time" too, so I combine it with gaming. My girl knows and respects that, even though she would rather spend that time together.
brb

Cheebo

« Reply #1246 on: December 02, 2011, 09:24:24 AM »
Like Mupepe I have never met a gamer girl who wasn't crazy and/or ugly. It's not worth it. And I will never get the obsession a lot of geeks have in finding. The only game my girlfriend ever plays is The Sims. Fine with me. I play Skyrim when she is off doing her own thing.
₩‰\

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #1247 on: December 02, 2011, 09:37:50 AM »

I find people who're genuinely clueless about games to be more attractive or something.  I dunno.  Anytime I talk about games it's like  ":ninja - I might have heard about that axeblocks thing."  Because of how much I know compared to anyone else.  If I didn't filter myself it's all "OH FUCK SON XBOX LOOP 2 MEGAFLOPPZ CUNMCUMMM."  I post here and on gaf as a release for this meganerd shit.  So when someone doesn't know/care, it can continue to be my thing; my dark secret hobby :shh

Samesies. No one knows I'm as hardcore as I am.

/gaf

Seriously, if you didn't know me online, you'd probably not guess that I'm a huge fan of games and giant robots. It doesn't define me nor do I desire to push it on anyone.

oh man, me too @ all of that.  so we're all semi-closeted nerds who are somewhat interested in the idea of taking women's gamer virginity...I'm not sure if that one is in the DSM yet or not  :-\   I mean, the jig is up when I bring them to my place-- gotta explain why I have two PS3s.  But I'm cool about it, not all in their face and overexcited talking about games.  I frame it as "I'm saving money by having a modded ps3, so I have money for more important things."  Works every time.  I spend money on my girls, so they know it's not just me being a cheap ass.

but when I actually think about getting a girl into gaming, the reality doesn't seem that great.  I've always liked single player games. Fighting games are my only MP games and it's not like they'll ever catch up with me on that, considering I have a 20 year head start.  It would suck if they always wanted to play and I had to let them win and all that.  BUT there are girls who like to watch me play and that's actually fun...they're asking questions and cheering me on and stuff...that sounds so incredibly sad when I write it out :lol

It's also easy to find a girl who has other hobbies so you don't have to give up gaming time... I am one of those people that needs his "me time", but I've had some reasonably successful relationships with non gamers who have other hobbies they keep busy with (i.e. reading). I don't go out of my way to seek gamer girls, though a number of them tend to like me. The only dealbreaker is if the girl is actively turned off by my hobbies. I definitely appreciate it when a girl at least feigns interest in stuff I like, too (more so music than games).

yep-- the optimal thing is to find someone who can at least respect the fact that you have this hobby and has her own, so you can both do your own thing at times. 

either way, you aren't gonna be able to man-cave/poop-sock epic RPGs all the time when you're taken, but I cringe when I see people say "I've got a girlfriend now, so I don't get to play games anymore."  Or even people who have a wife and kids-- if you love a hobby and have found the right girl, it should be able to survive that transition in some form, eh? 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:39:52 AM by Don Flamenco »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1248 on: December 02, 2011, 09:58:20 AM »
I'm single and can't even manage to find time to catass epic RPGs anymore   :'(

Can't wait for Christmas break, I've got 2 weeks off and will be playing Xenoblade all throughout.
^_^

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1249 on: December 02, 2011, 10:43:07 AM »

i know quite a few attractive -- some extremely so -- gamer chicas. you know what? they annoy me just like their male hardcore gamer counterparts. adult conversational repertoires, please!
That's another reason I've never been interested in finding a gamer girl.  I rarely post in our own gaming forum because "gaming talk" annoys me.  It's a mirror of political talk but about something far less important.  I just want to enjoy my hobby, not argue about which pixels are rendered better.  Being able to discuss real life experiences in a manner not reminiscent of an aspergers sufferer is far more important on my proverbial SO checklist.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #1250 on: December 02, 2011, 11:25:31 AM »
Much like Don Flaminco's lady friends I like to watch rather than play when it comes to certain types of games. japanese rpgs or adventure/puzzle games for instance, which are often popular among gamergrrlz. But I don't really need a girlfriend to do this with, as my flatmates, friends and my brothers all play games.

If I got to cherry pick every aspect of a potential partner I would much rather they had a productive hobby like dancing, knitting or something.

« Reply #1251 on: December 02, 2011, 11:26:57 AM »
My wife is a hardcore Steven Sondheim fangirl and loves Broadway musicals in general. We've all got our nerdy obsessions.
野球

« Reply #1252 on: December 02, 2011, 12:34:41 PM »
My friends are into boardgames. A few play some PC games (Civ, Left 4 Dead, etc.), but we never talk about it.
野球

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1253 on: December 02, 2011, 01:37:09 PM »
That's another reason I've never been interested in finding a gamer girl.  I rarely post in our own gaming forum because "gaming talk" annoys me.  It's a mirror of political talk but about something far less important.  I just want to enjoy my hobby, not argue about which pixels are rendered better.  Being able to discuss real life experiences in a manner not reminiscent of an aspergers sufferer is far more important on my proverbial SO checklist.

But like politics, it really depends on the people you talk about games with. 99% of my friends aren't hardcore gamers and the ones who are don't talk about it much, and when we do its just discussing if whichever game is good or not to try out. So just recommendations. Y'all get all my nerdy game talk, well you guys and GAF to a lesser extent.
Eh.  I don't like to talk about either IRL.  The only time I usually talk about games is when a friend and I are having a gaming session or something.  My wife's cousin is the type of guy who loves to talk about games everywhere.  On his 18th birthday we took him to a club.  All he wanted to do was talk about games.  At a fucking club.  And he's the one who begged us to take him clubbing.  I didn't want to be there and I sure as shit didn't want to be there talking about games. 

Very few people I know IRL can talk about games on a normal level without going fanboy insane and even with those people we usually have better things to talk about.  It just usually doesn't come up.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1254 on: December 02, 2011, 01:46:48 PM »
I don't really like talking about games IRL that much, I have one friend who has similar tastes in games as me and we play a lot of fighters together, that's about it. I wish I had some friends more into board/video games though, most of my friends are of the 'sit around and drink' variety. Which isn't a bad thing but it gets kinda boring, especially when you're approaching 30.
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #1255 on: December 02, 2011, 02:29:54 PM »
I talk about games irl, and movies, and music, and food, and politics.  What else are you supposed to talk about with people?  I'm not really into small talk, myself.

« Reply #1256 on: December 02, 2011, 02:32:37 PM »
I don't really like talking about games IRL that much, I have one friend who has similar tastes in games as me and we play a lot of fighters together, that's about it. I wish I had some friends more into board/video games though, most of my friends are of the 'sit around and drink' variety. Which isn't a bad thing but it gets kinda boring, especially when you're approaching 30.

My friends and I talk about beer a whole lot, but that's because we're really into craft and have started brewing our own the past six months. We're also big board game players. Lots of Cataan, Carcassione, Zombies, etc. We've even made a few games and tweek them from time to time.
野球

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1257 on: December 02, 2011, 02:35:24 PM »
My friends and I talk about SPORTS

*slams beer*
AMC

« Reply #1258 on: December 02, 2011, 02:36:47 PM »
My friends and I talk about SPORTS

*slams beer*

We tend to talk more about screwing each other over in Fantasy Football more than actual sports, but yeah, sports as well. We also tailgate a lot for University of Washington and Seahawks games.
野球

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1259 on: December 02, 2011, 02:41:10 PM »
I talk about games irl, and movies, and music, and food, and politics.  What else are you supposed to talk about with people?  I'm not really into small talk, myself.
There are plenty of other things to talk about.  I don't mind most subjects but I only mentioned games and politics because they both tend to be extremely polarizing.  It's just that one is a really stupid subject to get into a heated debate about.  My friends and I talk about movies, food, cars, relationships, what's generally going on in our life, gardening, home improvement, etc.  Basically any of the dozens of subjects that have to do with my life.  I just usually find there are far better things I want to discuss other than speculating about the Xbox 720 and what games will be localized.  usually when games come up it's nostalgic conversations about how obsessed we were when we were younger.