Author Topic: Pallando will return in "Never Say Never Again"  (Read 1242348 times)

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #1620 on: December 31, 2011, 04:14:52 AM »
Speaking of siblings, my sisters and I are best friends with each other.  Sure, we argue, fight, and get stupid with each other, but we have way more fun and laughter together than ill feelings.  I'd even wager that my sister Betsy is my best friend in my life.  Always open to talk, always makes me laugh, and is much like me.  Gives me girl advice as well.

This opens the floor for all the sister and incest jokes.
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #1621 on: December 31, 2011, 04:51:54 AM »
boom!
püp

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1622 on: December 31, 2011, 10:41:54 AM »
11 aunts and uncles on my mothers side. My childhood was awesome because of it. Just having another sibling feels kind of sparse having grown up with so many cousins (and we've all grown apart now that we're older). I can't imagine how it would feel to be an only child, there are times where I don't want all of the attention of my parents on me.
:9

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1623 on: December 31, 2011, 12:10:02 PM »
My mother has 24 brothers and sisters. Poor catholics in Ireland who don't subscribe to birth control, and my granddad married 3 times due to terminal wife failure. Many of those kids went on to have families in the 6-10 range 'cause why not, still nothin' compared to what mum and dad had to deal with. They all get along famously. No-one knows exactly how many cousins I have, but it's comfortably over 300 'cause my dad had a huge family as well (9 kids).  I have 3 brothers and sisters and everyone thinks that's on the small side.

On the other hand, my wife's extended family is tiny. My daughter has almost nobody. The main motivation I have to go back to the UK is just so she can experience the fun of being part of a huge extended family. I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have 'cause I just thought that shit was normal.
:o :o :o

Damn, thought things were going well with this one girl (the one I mentioned earlier, who actually seemed to be somewhat normal)... but I just got ditched for a 3rd date. We were supposed to go out today, and she txts me this morning saying her friend called her up last nite in tears because she's undergoing a lot of stress, so she was gonna go spend time with her friend. I txted her back saying "That's OK, hopefully everything is OK with your friend. We can get together sometime next week." And then she was just like "thanks for being understanding". I think that one is done, and it's a shame too.

Went out with a girl yesterday, it seemed to go OK, even though she was a bit on the heavier side... txted her asking if she wanted to go out again but she said she is gonna be busy the next few weeks.

Fuck.  :'(
What?! Why? It doesn't sound like a ditch, it sounds like she's being there for a friend. Sorry, what am I missing here?

Girls' excuses to not hang out have gotten a lot craftier lately...

but we'll see. I'll shoot her a text and try following up with her today.
^_^

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1624 on: December 31, 2011, 01:04:50 PM »
I'd give her a couple days; you don't want to sound desperate. And when you text, ask how her friend is doing first

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #1625 on: January 01, 2012, 07:29:04 PM »
To start the new year right, with the requisite angst and whining, it was very clarifying a year or so ago when I realized that the real reason I've never had a RELATIONSHIP had very little to do with looks, personality, insufficient confidence or aggression, being socially or interpersonally inept (which I sometimes am, but I can actually be pretty socially perceptive and effective, in my peculiar way, when I care to be and bother putting effort into it), or anything of the sort, but is almost entirely about extreme emotional laziness. Right now I have a nice long email in my inbox from a close friend I haven't seen in a year and really want to see again (not necessarily a "RELATIONSHIP" interest, but just representative of how I treat all my emotionally charged personal relationships, lowercase or uppercase), and I'm vacillating on whether to bother replying or not. It just seems like a lot of mental energy to expend when I could just spend more time feeling sorry for myself or writing stiltedly arch forum posts instead. If I do reply it'll probably be like a month later.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 07:30:49 PM by recursivelyenumerable »
QED

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1626 on: January 01, 2012, 07:36:07 PM »
"Hey Yazeed! I know we've been hanging out for the last 5 months, but I've decided I'm tired of playing games and want to be your GF 3 days before you leave!"

:-\

you known what to do

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1627 on: January 01, 2012, 08:33:17 PM »
To start the new year right, with the requisite angst and whining, it was very clarifying a year or so ago when I realized that the real reason I've never had a RELATIONSHIP had very little to do with looks, personality, insufficient confidence or aggression, being socially or interpersonally inept (which I sometimes am, but I can actually be pretty socially perceptive and effective, in my peculiar way, when I care to be and bother putting effort into it), or anything of the sort, but is almost entirely about extreme emotional laziness. Right now I have a nice long email in my inbox from a close friend I haven't seen in a year and really want to see again (not necessarily a "RELATIONSHIP" interest, but just representative of how I treat all my emotionally charged personal relationships, lowercase or uppercase), and I'm vacillating on whether to bother replying or not. It just seems like a lot of mental energy to expend when I could just spend more time feeling sorry for myself or writing stiltedly arch forum posts instead. If I do reply it'll probably be like a month later.

you didn't strike me as particularly socially maladroit in any way that would be offputting. also let's get lunch soon, i keep forgetting
duc

ZephyrFate

« Reply #1628 on: January 09, 2012, 12:53:14 PM »
My ex-boyfriend gave me an STI. WOOOOOOOOOOOOW. I'm furious AND disgusted.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1629 on: January 09, 2012, 01:37:49 PM »
What's an STI?

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1631 on: January 09, 2012, 01:46:53 PM »
lol calling it an STI instead of STD
AMC

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1632 on: January 09, 2012, 01:47:33 PM »
It's less typing and clicking just to ask on the forum and come back when someone's answered.

ZephyrFate

« Reply #1633 on: January 09, 2012, 02:02:28 PM »
that's what the doctor calls it so that's what im calling it

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1634 on: January 09, 2012, 02:03:45 PM »
so don't keep us in the dark.  What'd you catch?

Himu

« Reply #1635 on: January 09, 2012, 02:04:18 PM »
what'd you get
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1636 on: January 09, 2012, 02:06:45 PM »
that's what the doctor calls it so that's what im calling it

damn, owned by doctors trying to make shit sound better. hope it can be cleared up
AMC

ZephyrFate

« Reply #1637 on: January 09, 2012, 02:12:45 PM »
chlamydia

but I just took the one dose needed to kill it so this shit is done with

« Reply #1638 on: January 09, 2012, 02:48:42 PM »

That's been a common term for quite a while now.
野球

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1639 on: January 09, 2012, 09:01:54 PM »
What's an STI?

It was initiated in the Reagan era: Strategic Terror Initiative

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1640 on: January 09, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
Sadly, the real cool girl I met from OKCupid that I went out with a few times got a job offer in DC, so she said she didn't want to lead me on and that I was a nice person and all that... it sucks, but at least she was upfront. Nobody interesting has been biting lately, either... I have a date with an Indian girl but after doing some FB stalking, yeah definitely 'angle' shots on her profile  :-\

Still nothing compared to Zephyr. Ouch, dude. Hope everything is OK.
^_^

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1641 on: January 09, 2012, 09:15:53 PM »
I've never heard of an Indian chick dating outside her race, at least not here

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1642 on: January 09, 2012, 09:35:01 PM »

I'm a white guy who loves curry and is a software engineer, you do the math  :P
^_^

« Reply #1643 on: January 09, 2012, 09:40:43 PM »

It's pretty common in Seattle.
野球

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1644 on: January 09, 2012, 09:49:06 PM »

I've dated an Indian chick, although I guess I am kinda brown, just the other type of brown.
AMC

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1645 on: January 12, 2012, 11:00:59 PM »
Been emailing back and forth with this Chinese girl from (surprise) Queens, she's a Harvard Law graduate... even though I'm probably the only weeaboo in existence without a case of yellow fever... she's without a doubt very good looking! Crossing my fingers on this one...
^_^

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1646 on: January 13, 2012, 07:09:31 PM »
Been emailing back and forth with this Chinese girl from (surprise) Queens, she's a Harvard Law graduate... even though I'm probably the only weeaboo in existence without a case of yellow fever... she's without a doubt very good looking! Crossing my fingers on this one...

I think not having the fever is going to work to your advantage over your unfortunate weaboo brethren.

Bebpo

« Reply #1647 on: January 29, 2012, 06:37:12 PM »
I've noticed that ironically the only type of girl that I can't even get anything started with is the gamer girl.

It's weird, because with normal girls, I have a pretty high percent turnover with getting dialogue going with girls I'm interested in.  I'd say probably 75% success rate.  Maybe slightly higher.  But I have 0% with gamer girls.  Every girl who would actually have something in common with me, aka. watches anime/reads manga/plays videogames and I'm talking about the same ones that I watch/read/play so we'd actually have stuff in common to talk about; or works in the game industry and plays games, goes to cons; all these girls NEVER respond back to me.  No matter how good/bad looking they are.  It's so weird.  Maybe I just don't fit the profile of the type of guy gamer girls are looking for.  small, skinny, bearded serious business man with a sense of humor; dunno.

So instead I keep going on dates with normal girls who are cool and interesting and have normal lives and it's really great.  But I'd love to go on a date with just 1 person that I could talk to like the people on this forum about games/movies/anime etc... just to see how it plays out for curiousity's sake. 

Tiesto, how do you approach initial contact with gamer girls?  Do you mention games in your initial message?  I generally don't and just treat them as any other normal girl.  But it doesn't work.  I also think a problem I have is that I try to hard with their initial messages to be clever and great because I want to break this streak of 0% and finally meet someone with a shared interest.  Whereas with normal girls I don't overthink and don't try to hard and it's usually successful. 

Anyhow, I haven't posted in a while, but things have been really good.  Not settled down in any relationships (some possibilities exist though), but could see myself in one during 2012.  Depends on how things go.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1648 on: January 29, 2012, 09:37:12 PM »
Bebs, I just am like "I noticed you enjoy playing video games... I like a lot of retro/classic games myself. What are some of your favorites?", but of course I will ask them about other things in their profile too.

Going out with some girl on Tuesday to my favorite local pub... she seems pretty nice, the perfect combination of younger but with her shit together... but she's a bit too "Long Island" so I don't know how much we'll have in common. Other than that, there are a few girls I'm emailing with, making some plans soon... haven't been out on a date since the year started because I've been so busy with other social events.

Went to Bell Blvd with some friends after Korean BBQ, hit on a few groups of girls with my friend Andy (a Jewish lawyer too, bebs!), none of em really seemed that interested, since there was like a big group of girls and they were obviously there for a party and more interested in talking to us just to fuck around. One girl kept introducing me as her bf, and then she said that she didn't even go to school nor had a job. So I'm like "what do you do all day, sit at home and play video games?" and she's like "Yeah, I can probably kick your ass at Call of Duty". I'm like ***BAIL OUT***

A cute 26 year old girl emailed me today, saying how she read my profile and thinks I sound like one of the most normal guys on the site... (even after pics of me cosplaying and mentioning MLP in my shows) btw she has an 8 year old. 26, with an 8 year old. Make like Atari and do the math :P
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:41:45 PM by tiesto »
^_^

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1649 on: January 30, 2012, 05:59:06 PM »
gamer girls don't want gamer boyfriends. they can usually have any ol' gamer dork they want, which makes mister OMG I LOVE FINARU FANTASY-DESU the LEAST appealing man on earf. thus validated, they look for dudes ABOVE that level, physically AND socially. every time you moon over them, they think "hm, maybe i COULD do better!"

on top of that, most folks seek complementary mates, unless they have dependency/validation issues.

i work with a lot of gamer girls, and their bfs/spouses are never particularly big into video games or nerd media overall -- they're usually really into niche athletic things (skiing) and the outdoors, or are musicians. they're also usually better looking than you'd think a nerd chick could score, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 06:06:40 PM by Van Cruncheon »
duc

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1650 on: January 30, 2012, 06:28:15 PM »
Niche athlete things like...motorcycles?

they're also usually better looking than you'd think a nerd chick could score

:smug mm hmmmmm

« Reply #1651 on: January 30, 2012, 08:37:08 PM »
I don't think I could have ever dated a "game/anime" girl. Just because I like those things doesn't mean I want my partner to as well.
野球

« Reply #1652 on: January 30, 2012, 08:40:52 PM »
I went on a "gamer" date with a chick from OKCupid that was part of the local anime club, served in the marines for 8 years (she was 28) and was planning on reenlisting. She also dressed up and acted at the local renaissance festival. Sweet girl but yeah not really my type.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1653 on: January 30, 2012, 08:48:04 PM »
8 years in the marines? She must have had a killer body

Robo

« Reply #1654 on: January 30, 2012, 09:02:42 PM »
I learned a valuable lesson today: always cancel first dates if even remotely sick.  It's very difficult to be charming when you can't hear yourself speak through inches of solid mucus build-up.  :thumbsup

Could've totally pulled it off on the second one though.
obo

« Reply #1655 on: January 30, 2012, 09:40:56 PM »
You should never go on a first date unless you are feeling 100%

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1656 on: January 30, 2012, 09:51:22 PM »
gamer girls don't want gamer boyfriends. they can usually have any ol' gamer dork they want, which makes mister OMG I LOVE FINARU FANTASY-DESU the LEAST appealing man on earf. thus validated, they look for dudes ABOVE that level, physically AND socially. every time you moon over them, they think "hm, maybe i COULD do better!"

on top of that, most folks seek complementary mates, unless they have dependency/validation issues.

i work with a lot of gamer girls, and their bfs/spouses are never particularly big into video games or nerd media overall -- they're usually really into niche athletic things (skiing) and the outdoors, or are musicians. they're also usually better looking than you'd think a nerd chick could score, in my opinion.

Hmm, I have dated some gamer girls and am friends with quite a few - and these girls all want to date (or are currently with) gamer dudes. I don't really care whether or not a girl is into games, as long as she doesn't mind that I'm into them. I do like it when girls at least make an attempt to feign an interest in my hobbies... Was pissed that my last girlfriend didn't even want one of my DJ mixes!!!   :maf
^_^

« Reply #1657 on: January 31, 2012, 12:29:58 AM »
My wife isn't into gaming/giant robots/beer, but she also doesn't care that I'm into them as long as they don't get out of hand (time, money, etc.).
野球

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1658 on: January 31, 2012, 09:55:49 AM »
My wife isn't into gaming/giant robots/beer, but she also doesn't care that I'm into them as long as they don't get out of hand (time, money, etc.).
Same here.  My wife is nerdy as shit about her own stuff.  Comic books, some manga, shows, etc.  But she gives me free reign over my gaming hobbies, my gun and car tweaking and my movie obsession.  She is also very supportive about it and never tells me "I'm not going to that" so I'm very thankful. 

And honestly I like that I can have my own interests without having to share it all with her.  I like that she is very neutral about it.  She doesn't hate it and she doesn't try to always be involved in it.  All I ask is that she listens to me when I am all excited and babbling about something.  So I'm good
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 09:57:41 AM by Mupepe »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1659 on: January 31, 2012, 11:08:56 PM »
Girl I just got back with was really fucking hot. Here's crossing my fingers she's interested!
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #1660 on: February 01, 2012, 12:23:16 AM »
Awesome.  Hope it goes well Tiesto!

The non-Japanese girls on OKC who are into Japanese culture and have the Japanese girl photo look and answer the question "do you want your baby to be the same ethnicity as you?" with a "NO" creep the fuck out of me.  I'm so glad that was a Japanese major in college before otaku culture took off.  No creepy "I want Japanese babies" girls in my class.  Everyone was pretty down to earth and cool.  At most we talked a little about manga and FFVIII.

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #1661 on: February 01, 2012, 06:05:23 PM »
I'm finally single for the first time in like three years.  Guess I may have to start dating again at some point.

HLR

etiolate

« Reply #1662 on: February 01, 2012, 09:55:48 PM »
From my internet research, it seems a lot of nerd girls are into imagining fictional male characters flirting and making out wit each other.

Bebpo

« Reply #1663 on: February 01, 2012, 11:55:40 PM »
I can do that

Robo

« Reply #1664 on: February 01, 2012, 11:59:33 PM »
I'll do anything for my Gamestop princess.
obo

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1665 on: February 02, 2012, 02:14:00 AM »
Tomorrow will make 3 weeks in the USA. Missing my wife and kids pretty badly.

Bebpo

« Reply #1666 on: February 02, 2012, 03:41:24 AM »
Are they coming over shortly?  What's going on?

One of my friends had to leave his fiance in Japan and come back to the US alone and sort out all the green card stuff and get a place to live.  Took a little time, but she's over here now and they went and got married like the week after she got here in a court house without telling anyone for like $30 to speed things along on making her a citizen.  Then they told everyone and are having a replacement wedding in the summer, so it all worked out.

Wish the best for you and your family.

Himu

« Reply #1667 on: February 02, 2012, 04:27:00 AM »
Anyone ever have fart contests with their wives/husbands/gfs/bfs?
IYKYK

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1668 on: February 02, 2012, 09:11:06 AM »
You make me miss her too.  :(

I feel for you bro. Hang in there.
©ZH

« Reply #1669 on: February 02, 2012, 06:31:22 PM »

You've got a care package in the mail. Last part of it took way longer than I thought.  >:(
野球

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #1670 on: February 02, 2012, 07:59:05 PM »
I'll do anything for my Gamestop princess.

I work with two female employees, both of which I think hate me because I do my job better than they do.
HLR

« Reply #1671 on: February 03, 2012, 08:59:56 AM »
So here I am at the clinic waiting to get tested for STDs. Great way to start Friday.

So I just had a q-tip stuck up my dick.

Preliminary results came back negative. Whew. I have to call back in a week.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:21:00 AM by FlameofCallandorReturns »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1672 on: February 03, 2012, 10:25:36 AM »
Girl I just got back with was really fucking hot. Here's crossing my fingers she's interested!

Txted her last nite with "Hey, I had a great time meeting you the other day". She responded with "Hey, I had a great time too! But I think we are better off as friends."

:'(

This sucks... the only girl on the horizon is a rather plain one who never went to college. Tried talking to some girls last nite at the open DJ night thing I went to but most were either too young or obviously not interested. My friend said if I really want a gf I should lower my standards, but I'm past the stage in my life where I think I have to. Just gotta keep my head up high...
^_^

« Reply #1673 on: February 03, 2012, 10:33:01 AM »
At least she was upfront with you though.

Also dude, dont lower your standards. Unless you're a freak or something.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:35:06 AM by FlameofCallandorReturns »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1674 on: February 03, 2012, 10:41:48 AM »
You don't seem to have freakishly high standards or anything.  You seem to just want stable normal chicks which isn't too much to ask.  They're hard to find on their own but to find one you actually click with is even harder. 

Lowering your standards won't make you happy.  Just keep looking

« Reply #1675 on: February 03, 2012, 10:48:59 AM »
Hardly. The girl I have been seeing called me last night saying she had a UTI. She hasn't had sex on over a year and was thinking it was an STI. Kind of freaked me out since I've only ever been with 3 people. If I had or do (fuck I dont even want to thin about it) then it would pretty much confirm my ex cheated on me.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1676 on: February 03, 2012, 10:57:55 AM »
Damn.  Wasn't Zephyr infected less than a month ago too?  Zephyr's ex had another man... named FoC.

« Reply #1677 on: February 03, 2012, 10:59:13 AM »
I'm clean... Hopefully.

Also, I've had no symptoms at all. I only went in because of my girl's UTI.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1678 on: February 03, 2012, 11:18:36 AM »
Yeah, my friend's an idiot who is dating a 46 year old girl (he's 31) so I don't know why he is telling me to do that... I'm just gonna hang in there, just chalk things up to not having chemistry with the girls and not that there is anything wrong with me. I've been getting much more confident lately and stuff like this threatens to tear me down... Maybe I need to join some outdoors-related groups, or volunteer things, or something.
^_^

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1679 on: February 03, 2012, 11:20:36 AM »
Go shoot some guns :drool