Author Topic: Pallando will return in "Never Say Never Again"  (Read 1242365 times)

Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #1680 on: February 03, 2012, 11:22:56 AM »
Yeah, my friend's an idiot who is dating a 46 year old girl (he's 31) so I don't know why he is telling me to do that... I'm just gonna hang in there, just chalk things up to not having chemistry with the girls and not that there is anything wrong with me. I've been getting much more confident lately and stuff like this threatens to tear me down... Maybe I need to join some outdoors-related groups, or volunteer things, or something.

One thing I've learned from OKcupid is that it's just a numbers game. Don't take things personally you know? Just be happy to be meeting new girls and eventually one will come along.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #1681 on: February 03, 2012, 11:50:22 AM »
My wife isn't into gaming/giant robots/beer, but she also doesn't care that I'm into them as long as they don't get out of hand (time, money, etc.).
Same here.  My wife is nerdy as shit about her own stuff.  Comic books, some manga, shows, etc.  But she gives me free reign over my gaming hobbies, my gun and car tweaking and my movie obsession.  She is also very supportive about it and never tells me "I'm not going to that" so I'm very thankful. 

And honestly I like that I can have my own interests without having to share it all with her.  I like that she is very neutral about it.  She doesn't hate it and she doesn't try to always be involved in it.  All I ask is that she listens to me when I am all excited and babbling about something.  So I'm good

Same with my wife and I too.  She doesn't give a shit about video games (Dance Central being the exception), but has no problem with me playing them.  She pretty much just likes being in the same room with me and will watch stuff on TV or on her laptop while I play games.  My hobby has never gotten in the way of our relationship...there's no way I would have married someone who had a problem it.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1682 on: February 03, 2012, 01:00:40 PM »
Girl I just got back with was really fucking hot. Here's crossing my fingers she's interested!

Txted her last nite with "Hey, I had a great time meeting you the other day". She responded with "Hey, I had a great time too! But I think we are better off as friends."

:'(

This sucks... the only girl on the horizon is a rather plain one who never went to college. Tried talking to some girls last nite at the open DJ night thing I went to but most were either too young or obviously not interested. My friend said if I really want a gf I should lower my standards, but I'm past the stage in my life where I think I have to. Just gotta keep my head up high...

You'll find one dude, don't drop your standards.  Just keep at it!

I probably have the standards thing myself tbh, I'm really picky and I keep trying to date model looking girls and scarlett johanson look-a-likes and they're never interested.  I think of myself as a hot guy in his prime who can get any woman he wants, but I might be overrating myself.  When I watch movies and tv and everyone is gorgeous it makes me not want to settle for less.  Media influence blah. 

But yeah, it's just a numbers game with online dating and might take a while.  I've been doing the first date thing with about 1 girl a week and no luck so far.  Then again I've been using the site for about 5 years now and have never found a long lasting relationship from it.  Meanwhile most people I know who've used online dating have found their wives/fiances/gfs within 6-12 months of signing up. 

« Reply #1683 on: February 03, 2012, 01:11:06 PM »
Girl I just got back with was really fucking hot. Here's crossing my fingers she's interested!

Txted her last nite with "Hey, I had a great time meeting you the other day". She responded with "Hey, I had a great time too! But I think we are better off as friends."

:'(

This sucks... the only girl on the horizon is a rather plain one who never went to college. Tried talking to some girls last nite at the open DJ night thing I went to but most were either too young or obviously not interested. My friend said if I really want a gf I should lower my standards, but I'm past the stage in my life where I think I have to. Just gotta keep my head up high...

You'll find one dude, don't drop your standards.  Just keep at it!

I probably have the standards thing myself tbh, I'm really picky and I keep trying to date model looking girls and scarlett johanson look-a-likes and they're never interested.  I think of myself as a hot guy in his prime who can get any woman he wants, but I might be overrating myself.  When I watch movies and tv and everyone is gorgeous it makes me not want to settle for less.  Media influence blah. 

But yeah, it's just a numbers game with online dating and might take a while.  I've been doing the first date thing with about 1 girl a week and no luck so far.  Then again I've been using the site for about 5 years now and have never found a long lasting relationship from it.  Meanwhile most people I know who've used online dating have found their wives/fiances/gfs within 6-12 months of signing up.

TV is not real life, man! But you know that.

It could be a standards issue. Do whatever you want, but don't rule it out.
野球

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1684 on: February 03, 2012, 01:27:00 PM »
My wife isn't into gaming/giant robots/beer, but she also doesn't care that I'm into them as long as they don't get out of hand (time, money, etc.).
Same here.  My wife is nerdy as shit about her own stuff.  Comic books, some manga, shows, etc.  But she gives me free reign over my gaming hobbies, my gun and car tweaking and my movie obsession.  She is also very supportive about it and never tells me "I'm not going to that" so I'm very thankful. 

And honestly I like that I can have my own interests without having to share it all with her.  I like that she is very neutral about it.  She doesn't hate it and she doesn't try to always be involved in it.  All I ask is that she listens to me when I am all excited and babbling about something.  So I'm good

Same with my wife and I too.  She doesn't give a shit about video games (Dance Central being the exception), but has no problem with me playing them.  She pretty much just likes being in the same room with me and will watch stuff on TV or on her laptop while I play games.  My hobby has never gotten in the way of our relationship...there's no way I would have married someone who had a problem it.
Yep.  I learned from my shotgun wedding that you need someone who is at least indifferent to your hobbies.  I'm not giving up harmless things I enjoy for someone else.  Sorry.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1685 on: February 05, 2012, 01:19:54 PM »
Are they coming over shortly?  What's going on?

One of my friends had to leave his fiance in Japan and come back to the US alone and sort out all the green card stuff and get a place to live.  Took a little time, but she's over here now and they went and got married like the week after she got here in a court house without telling anyone for like $30 to speed things along on making her a citizen.  Then they told everyone and are having a replacement wedding in the summer, so it all worked out.

Wish the best for you and your family.
They've got school and work to wrap up, which will be finishing in March. The semester starts anew in April; they'll probably stay in school right up until the move, which first requires me to land a job. Hopefully that'll be soon, KNOCK WOOD (taps crotch).

Tomorrow will make 3 weeks in the USA. Missing my wife and kids pretty badly.

You've got a care package in the mail. Last part of it took way longer than I thought.  >:(

Thanks! I won't report you as delinquent to the Secret Santa organizer. Oh... wait...

Srsly though, I am looking forward to it! Thanks!

« Reply #1686 on: February 05, 2012, 01:29:07 PM »
I made part of it, and it took longer than I thought.
野球

Skidmark

« Reply #1687 on: February 05, 2012, 02:19:01 PM »
I got drunk with a couple of friends a couple of days ago and when we went back home I made a move on my friend, she is also my classmate. We fucked . The next day she told me that i could sleep over at her place some night too if i wanted to. Yesterday I was at her place with some of my friends and some of her friends, when they all left I fucked her into next evening just like last time except this time we were a little more touchy touchy and talked a bit too.

She asked me a couple of times what I was after and I kept saying something in the lines of I do not know and let's not over think it now.
She has told me a couple of times that ''We will see each other at school again, you know?'' like she is worried about it getting complicated or something. I have heard  that one shouldn't have sex with friends, classmates, co-workers and so on. I have never done this before.

Is there anything that I should watch out for? is there a typical way those kind of things end? any such experiences here on the bore?

« Reply #1688 on: February 05, 2012, 02:20:14 PM »
Be 100% honest with her.
野球

Skidmark

« Reply #1689 on: February 05, 2012, 02:25:37 PM »
Be 100% honest with her.
I like hanging out with both in front of my friends and when in private with her alone. I just do not think I can commit to her really.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1690 on: February 05, 2012, 03:42:12 PM »
How it typically ends?  Not good.  Unless you're in a 2011 Hollywood romcom.

Edit: non smart ass response.  It usually ends with one person wanting a real relationship and the other one doesn't. 

Skidmark

« Reply #1691 on: February 05, 2012, 03:50:54 PM »
Why not?
Whatever it is, it is not a superiority thing. I just had a bad relationship and it got really ugly towards the end. As of lately I have been working on myself and got quite busy with it and it is just not where I have been seeing myself heading. I mean, she owns a house and she is only 23 years old, perfect settle down material. It's probably that I started enjoying being single lately. I do not know what it is really. I just want to be single but still want to have sex and intimacy if that makes sense? I do not know.

Is there anything I should watch out for or something?

Bebpo

« Reply #1692 on: February 05, 2012, 09:58:20 PM »
Had a couple of dates this weekend where both girls were happy with the first date and wanted a follow up date.  Definitely feeling more confident now that I'm getting used to talking to women casually and comfortably, just being myself.  :rock
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:05:51 AM by Bebpo »

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #1693 on: February 06, 2012, 12:18:07 AM »
yeah, I've come to accept that I'll probably be alone forever and am pretty happy & content with it now tbh. finally got my stupid OCR classifier exercise working! :rock

I like women, and hanging out with them, but being on the hunt for a "relationship" is just bad news.
QED

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1694 on: February 06, 2012, 02:12:53 AM »
I made part of it, and it took longer than I thought.
I am hype. Unless it is a 27 ft. long peristaltic movement.

« Reply #1695 on: February 09, 2012, 08:21:23 AM »
I just had a really vivid dream of my ex and I arguing for hours. Shit, she cant even let me sleep in peace.

Bebpo

« Reply #1696 on: February 13, 2012, 02:50:07 AM »
Had an adventure first date.  2 day straight concert/beaches/mini-golf/baking/movies/making out/sexing/etc..etc..

Was fun!  Also, might be done with gaming for a while if this keeps up.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:51:54 AM by Bebpo »

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #1697 on: February 13, 2012, 04:17:45 AM »
Moving somewhere where I can finally start meeting girls again. Thank god. I've been over my ex more than long enough to get back into the saddle!
zzzzz

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #1698 on: February 13, 2012, 04:43:54 PM »
Had an adventure first date.  2 day straight concert/beaches/mini-golf/baking/movies/making out/sexing/etc..etc..

Was fun!  Also, might be done with gaming for a while if this keeps up.

our bebpo is growing up
AMC

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1699 on: February 13, 2012, 05:16:08 PM »
Asian girl from Harvard wants me to go out with her to Queens tomorrow... aka V-Day... not sure if I'm ready to do all that V-day crap for a second date, not sure what kinda expectations she has or whatnot.
^_^

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1700 on: February 13, 2012, 05:39:08 PM »
Just take her straight to the church.

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #1701 on: February 13, 2012, 05:42:57 PM »
I think my tastes are changing from dating people I have a lot in common with to wanting to date people I don't have anything in common with.

Or more accurately: bone.

HLR

Bebpo

« Reply #1702 on: February 13, 2012, 05:48:06 PM »
I never have anything in common with anyone so I don't really have a choice  :lol  I'm into pretty damn niche stuff even within niche hobbies.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
except for people here.  Good thing I don't want to bone any of you.

Except Spencer & Brandnew  :-*
[close]

« Reply #1703 on: February 13, 2012, 06:02:42 PM »
Asian girl from Harvard wants me to go out with her to Queens tomorrow... aka V-Day... not sure if I'm ready to do all that V-day crap for a second date, not sure what kinda expectations she has or whatnot.

She pays on Valentines Day. You pay on White Day.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Break up with her before White Day.
[close]
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #1704 on: February 13, 2012, 08:02:09 PM »
If you start to date someone like 2 days prior to valentines day, you get a free pass and don't have to do anything for it, right? 

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1705 on: February 13, 2012, 08:26:51 PM »
At least get some flowers, she'll expect something

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #1706 on: February 13, 2012, 08:45:36 PM »
If you start to date someone like 2 days prior to valentines day, you get a free pass and don't have to do anything for it, right?

Lol, wish that was the case. If you want to make it to day three, do something. Even if it is small, and even if it is unexpected.

HLR

Inspector Thatcher

« Reply #1707 on: February 13, 2012, 08:46:33 PM »

You don't have to spend oodles of money, but you should "do" something.  Plan an inexpensive but thoughtful date.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1708 on: February 13, 2012, 08:47:42 PM »
the crappiest chocolates you can find. a zero bar or something.

Bebpo

« Reply #1709 on: February 13, 2012, 08:54:52 PM »
She lives like 2 hours away and I don't have a physical address for her so I can't give/send flowers/chocolates anything.  Also doesn't have a phone so no calling.

Will send a nice e-mail, anything more would be stupidly overboard and probably fucking creepy at this point since it's so early in.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1710 on: February 13, 2012, 08:59:50 PM »
yeah, maybe just a jokey e-card or some shit but no more than that
pcp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1711 on: February 13, 2012, 09:00:11 PM »
At least get some flowers, she'll expect something

lolol fuck that. that reeks of Jamesfrom818. "hey well since we went to the movies i bought you some flowers. you know, valentines day. heh, heh"
fat

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1712 on: February 13, 2012, 09:04:50 PM »
Give her a "1 Free Blowjob" Card that she can use anytime she wants to give you a bj.
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1713 on: February 13, 2012, 09:07:44 PM »
She lives like 2 hours away and I don't have a physical address for her so I can't give/send flowers/chocolates anything.  Also doesn't have a phone so no calling.

Will send a nice e-mail, anything more would be stupidly overboard and probably fucking creepy at this point since it's so early in.

oh well in that case fuck it

« Reply #1714 on: February 13, 2012, 09:13:04 PM »
I just got back from Whole Foods. HOLY SHIT DUDES EVERYWHERE. Buying up flowers, cookies, chocolates, wine, etc.
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1715 on: February 13, 2012, 09:14:36 PM »
guess they've never heard of Wal Mart

« Reply #1716 on: February 13, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
No Wal-Marts in Seattle.

Thank God.
野球

cool breeze

« Reply #1717 on: February 13, 2012, 09:55:51 PM »
whole foods and trader joes are always crowded unless you go midday.  it gets ten times worse when anything happens.  literally anything.  a little bit of snow = stock up for nuclear winter.

« Reply #1718 on: February 13, 2012, 11:20:12 PM »
Our Whole Foods isn't too bad unless it's after 6pm.
野球

« Reply #1719 on: February 14, 2012, 07:52:45 AM »
Who else is getting some v-day action tonight? It's been almost two weeks for me between classes, work and us being sick.

:hyper

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1720 on: February 14, 2012, 10:19:45 AM »
Also doesn't have a phone so no calling.

:wtf
My thoughts exactly.  Bebpo needs to explain.  Is she 15?  Was her phone taken because she's grounded?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1721 on: February 14, 2012, 11:03:09 AM »
Who else is getting some v-day action tonight? It's been almost two weeks for me between classes, work and us being sick.

:rofl
fat

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1722 on: February 14, 2012, 11:36:01 AM »
Jesus.  It's been almost two weeks and you're not married, FoC?  Bail the fuck out.  I'd divorce my wife now if she made me wait two weeks.  Two weeks.  YOU'RE INSANE

Himu

« Reply #1723 on: February 14, 2012, 11:37:40 AM »
Dude said he was busy. It's not like he's getting DENIED action, he just can't afford between being busy and being sick.
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1724 on: February 14, 2012, 11:40:15 AM »
Pfft.  Still not healthy.  When it starts coming up on a few days you go out of your way to make it happen.  Pfft.  Two weeks? 

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
« Reply #1725 on: February 14, 2012, 01:21:04 PM »

... and you bought that? jesus.
zzz

« Reply #1726 on: February 14, 2012, 01:22:37 PM »
No nookie for me tonight.

Or the next 4-6 weeks. No worries.
野球

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1727 on: February 14, 2012, 01:24:47 PM »
No nookie for me tonight.

Or the next 4-6 weeks. No worries.
see?  now you have an excuse. 

:lol FoC :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #1728 on: February 14, 2012, 02:30:54 PM »
lots of people don't have phones these days

like bag-ladies

and magoose and diunx's families

My clients who don't have cellphones tend to be the happiest people I ever meet.  They don't want all the distractions and people being able to get a hold of them at any minute in their life.  They find life a lot more relaxing and enjoyable.

It's a lifestyle choice. 

Bebpo

« Reply #1729 on: February 15, 2012, 04:35:14 PM »
Last girl I went on a date wtih is reaaaaally really into me.  Like "you make me nervous/I need to see you/I want you here right now."  I'm feeling a bit of it myself.  I think we might make a good pair.  The only problem is that sometimes if you start out relationships from crazy passion, 3-6 months down the line when it's died down you're like...uh, why did we go out again?  At least that's what happened last time I was in a relationship longer than 3 weeks.

I notice that my relationships always tend to be passion based though because I meet people through the internet in this awkward form of meeting and then we meet up and if we both find each other attractive enough, one thing leads to another by the night; then days go by and we miss it and we meet up again and repeat.  I think to start a relationship on friendship and getting along I'd need to meet someone through some other means where I get to know them first, then ask them to a date, or I need to stop being so fucking horny on my first dates.  Being decently attractive + good at "things" + very horny is a bad bad combination for regular relationships, though probably good for one night stands but I'm not interested in the latter.

Oh well, just rambling a bit.  Going to see her again this weekend and maybe spend the whole weekend living together again.  Will see where it goes from there.   

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1730 on: February 15, 2012, 05:19:55 PM »
You read into this crap way too much.  There's nothing wrong with starting out passionately.  Trying to start out as friends with people is generally what fails.  But who cares either way?  Do what you do and you'll eventually find someone that you work with.  Relationships starting out passionately and fizzling after a while is normal.  It's not an exception for you or anyone else.  That's what most relationships do.  When you find someone special then you'll want to be with them even after that first excitement wears off.  It has nothing to do with you being good at anything or how you appear physically.  The same thing happens to everyone.

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
« Reply #1731 on: February 15, 2012, 06:00:57 PM »
One of the best unknown dating tips I have gone across for ages is on the first date, you will both be pretty nervous, and nerves make adrenaline, and adrenaline reacts strongly with drink, so be insistent in buying the girl lots of booze, and insist firmly that she drinks them all, preferably hard and fast. While she does so, stare at her in an intense manner, chicks love guys who are intense.
:{]

« Reply #1732 on: February 15, 2012, 06:15:18 PM »
Jesus Christ Bebpo.  JESUS CHRIST

cosigned.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #1733 on: February 15, 2012, 06:36:21 PM »

???

*edit: Ok, I'm going to guess this has to do with the off-hand "live together for weekend" comment.  Which normally is really weird and rushing things on the 2nd date.  However, this girl has no car or mode of transportation and lives 2 hours away.  So once we meet up, we're going to be spending pretty much every minute together until I drive her back.  No real way of getting around that.  It's a bit of a weird situation but I'm doing the best I can with it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 07:05:04 PM by Bebpo »

« Reply #1734 on: February 15, 2012, 09:50:27 PM »

Why would you date someone with no car and 2 hours away. That's a lot of work dude.

Himu

« Reply #1735 on: February 15, 2012, 09:51:34 PM »
Seriously. I Don't get it. Just go to the supermarket or barnes and noble and ask a chick out. Or hell, one of your clients (not sure of the legality of this). Fuck.

Why do you torture yourself with online dating?
IYKYK

« Reply #1736 on: February 15, 2012, 09:54:49 PM »
There is nothing wrong with online dating. I've met lots of cool chicks through OKcupid. It's great way to weed out peeps that are creepy or not interested.

« Reply #1737 on: February 15, 2012, 11:20:31 PM »

???

*edit: Ok, I'm going to guess this has to do with the off-hand "live together for weekend" comment.  Which normally is really weird and rushing things on the 2nd date.  However, this girl has no car or mode of transportation and lives 2 hours away.  So once we meet up, we're going to be spending pretty much every minute together until I drive her back.  No real way of getting around that.  It's a bit of a weird situation but I'm doing the best I can with it.

My co-sign has to more with you reading into things way too much. Things always start out passionately, that's the "euphoric bubble" of dating. When reality sinks in and you still want to be with her is the real indicator of "is this working?"
野球

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1738 on: February 15, 2012, 11:22:58 PM »

???

Dude, just relax and roll with it! Have some fun, and quit over-thinking it.

I am a classic over-thinker. It serves no end.

Bebpo

« Reply #1739 on: February 15, 2012, 11:47:38 PM »
Yeah, she has a home phone and is getting a cellphone eventually because her work requires it.  She just moved into the area so she's staying at a relatives and doesn't have a phone of her own right now.

And no, she's not 15!  She's 30, like me :)

Yeah, I over think things.  Oh well, it happens.  Time to have fun!