Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3811941 times)

nudemacusers

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #32460 on: July 22, 2019, 07:27:10 AM »
o fuck it's tabris

Quote from: tabris
So my girlfriend is a hoarder and I'm trying to break her of the condition because I'm a minimalist.

Her complex comes from her parents - she feels guilt throwing things away because it made her realize she didn't need to buy it in the first place - or that it could still be used someday.

Like weird things - her place has a corner just for boxes and bags from shopping or things she bought...

and I'm like "babe why do you need those?" "for when I move again" and I was like - just recycle those and buy recycled cardboard boxes from a moving store when you move again. You're saving like $10 to $20 by keeping a corner of bags and boxes. She's moving in slowly into my place so she's still keeping it for that, but huge hoarder signs. I think she's slowly getting that she can't be a hoarder at my place.

because I'm a minimalist

:dayum

try to change your so's personality instead of just respecting who she is

maybe allow her the right to change you into a maximalist
Nah fuck that everyone should be a minimalist
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

BisMarckie

« Reply #32461 on: July 22, 2019, 07:28:48 AM »
I am a maximalist when it comes to dicks. :drool

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #32462 on: July 22, 2019, 07:38:25 AM »
o fuck it's tabris

So my girlfriend is a hoarder and I'm trying to break her of the condition because I'm a minimalist.

Her complex comes from her parents - she feels guilt throwing things away because it made her realize she didn't need to buy it in the first place - or that it could still be used someday.

Like weird things - her place has a corner just for boxes and bags from shopping or things she bought...

and I'm like "babe why do you need those?" "for when I move again" and I was like - just recycle those and buy recycled cardboard boxes from a moving store when you move again. You're saving like $10 to $20 by keeping a corner of bags and boxes. She's moving in slowly into my place so she's still keeping it for that, but huge hoarder signs. I think she's slowly getting that she can't be a hoarder at my place.

because I'm a minimalist

Nah fuck that everyone should be a minimalist

Of course an organized little cool young dude slut like you would say that

nudemacusers

« Reply #32463 on: July 22, 2019, 07:48:42 AM »
I’m not little 😫

I think I’ve also aged out of being a cool young dude but will defer to expert opinion  :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #32465 on: July 22, 2019, 08:16:40 AM »
o fuck it's tabris

because I'm a minimalist

Oh no Tabris, she might even want to put some actual edible food into your fridge.

Whatever will you do you fucking dipshit moron who unironically thinks American Psycho is a how-to guide for the modern man?
Spud

jorma

« Reply #32466 on: July 22, 2019, 08:32:27 AM »
Quote from: Dyle, post: 22963094, member: 2904
What is it about this dumb game that makes me tear up all the time? I can't cry for actual emotional problems but then I see some cute squids or listen to one of the songs and I can't stop myself.

Can squids even cry? Does the water content of their tears burn their skin or does it not effect them like that?

I don't know if squidgirls start to cry when James unzips his pants, or if James unzips when he hears them cry. But i do know that squidgirls can cry, and cry and cry.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #32467 on: July 22, 2019, 08:40:30 AM »
JAMES COSBY INNOCENT !!
Margs

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #32468 on: July 22, 2019, 08:41:39 AM »
o fuck it's tabris

because I'm a minimalist

Oh no Tabris, she might even want to put some actual edible food into your fridge.

Whatever will you do you fucking dipshit moron who unironically thinks American Psycho is a how-to guide for the modern man?

Tabris is a national treasure.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #32469 on: July 22, 2019, 08:50:54 AM »
Thankfully he's Canadian.

The only reason he's a "minimalist" is because he has no taste in anything and is boring as fuck.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32471 on: July 22, 2019, 08:55:43 AM »
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32472 on: July 22, 2019, 08:56:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/collecting-hoarding.130361/page-2#post-22958543

:hhh

:jared

At first I was like "OK, he has a lot of shit, but it IS well-organized.  What's the problem?"  Then I looked again at those figures.
:yikes 
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #32473 on: July 22, 2019, 08:57:50 AM »
when you got even bork yikesing your collection of weeb trash then you've really crossed a line :lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32474 on: July 22, 2019, 08:59:27 AM »
ὕβρις

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32475 on: July 22, 2019, 09:01:14 AM »
o fuck it's tabris

because I'm a minimalist

I respect Tabris being a minimalist -although it's funny, dude likes to act like he's the master of interior design when he has fucking nothing in his place- but trying to push this on others...lol.  Reminds of when he posted about how everyone should live in the same size and type of apartment he does and didn't get why anyone would be opposed to doing so.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #32476 on: July 22, 2019, 09:05:12 AM »
I just remember he posted a pic of his fridge and it was like 500 cans of sparkling water and nothing else :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32477 on: July 22, 2019, 09:07:23 AM »
Are those idiots really equating collecting to hoarding?  I guess Jay Leno is a huge hoarder what with all those classic cars in his garage.  :doge

I just remember he posted a pic of his fridge and it was like 500 cans of sparkling water and nothing else :lol

Do all those sparkling waters spark joy? :thinking  Is he truly happy with all that club soda?  :hmm
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #32478 on: July 22, 2019, 09:09:40 AM »
He should just get a sodastream instead of being a can hoarder :doge

marrec

« Reply #32479 on: July 22, 2019, 09:25:12 AM »
Thankfully he's Canadian.

The only reason he's a "minimalist" is because he has no taste in anything and is boring as fuck.

Legit minimalism is just a front for people who otherwise cannot find a single spark of imagination for interior decorating.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32480 on: July 22, 2019, 09:28:48 AM »
brutalism  :lawd
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #32481 on: July 22, 2019, 09:42:47 AM »
Thread powered by Duracell™ :

https://www.resetera.com/threads/daisy-ridley-discusses-vicious-fan-entitlement-social-media-god-complexes-and-rude-fan-behavior.129680/post-22963822

I guess cheebo is running this one into the ground after getting blown the fuck out in the RLM thread for outright saying he'd rather global multinationals committing human rights abuses than YTers earning ad revenue

SmokyDave

« Reply #32482 on: July 22, 2019, 09:51:56 AM »
Cracks me up that on 'sit down and listen / believe women' resetera, the following isn't bannable:

"Never trust American white women, especially blondes, natural or otherwise."

Are they gaslighting me and they're actually another one of those altgate-misogynotoxic gaming communities?

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #32483 on: July 22, 2019, 10:03:52 AM »
White women are below white men but above black men on the hierarchy of oppression. I hope this answers your question.
Oi Oi

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32484 on: July 22, 2019, 10:04:11 AM »
Cracks me up that on 'sit down and listen / believe women' resetera, the following isn't bannable:

Are they gaslighting me and they're actually another one of those altgate-misogynotoxic gaming communities?

Amazingly no one has even quoted it yet to disagree.
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #32485 on: July 22, 2019, 10:16:24 AM »

Amazingly no one has even quoted it yet to disagree.

Most of the userbase are wise to

by now, and given people openly talking about how fun ban baiting is over the last few days...

marrec

« Reply #32486 on: July 22, 2019, 10:29:05 AM »
Kim Kardabitch doing foreign policy.

Gaf or Ree?

Hard to tell!

Horseshoe theory is real?

No, ERA is just really stupid..

SmokyDave

« Reply #32487 on: July 22, 2019, 10:51:20 AM »

I do wonder if that would get "actioned" if reported; sometimes those threads are just like-minded circle jerks and nobody will report shit.
Aye, could well be, although that in itself ought to be surprising. I think we'll find out now that it's been noticed by a couple of posters, even if they only seem to take issue with the hair colour.

Oooh, they are a funny bunch.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #32488 on: July 22, 2019, 10:53:54 AM »
You've gotta laugh at all the little fucking babies coming in here and defending PDP. You've barely left your mother's teats, and you're coming in here and telling me how to think? Oh and the previously banned members new accounts, alts, trolls and Neoprick Nazis - I see you too.

It's okay to grow up and move on. You liked an infantile right wing YouTube influencer boosted by a shitty machine learning algorithm (designed to make maximum ad profit for Google and fuck the consequences - which they are and were very much aware of) cause he screamed and acted like you even if he was just putting it on once he and his handlers saw how much money there was to be made. You were children, but it's time to move on. I used to love Jim'll Fix It when I was kid - funnily enough I don't have an issue shitting on the grave of Jimmy Saville now. I can admit that things that I liked in the past are now not acceptable and never were. By coming here and defending PDP as adults you are only doing one thing - showing your fucking ass.

Don't you fucking numbnuts realize that PDP is a corporation? A company that exists purely to make money. PDP didn't want to make shootings about him? Fuck off - the corporation of PDP wanted to wait as long as possible to say anything as it was clearly seen as damaging to potential profits. Right wing cultists are easily freed of their money if you tactically support them - PDP Corp knows this.

Grow up and see the mistakes of your youth, or if you're from the other group I have a warning from the future. The good people of the world will again take up arms to remove evil, as has happened in the past.

I have especially loved those - you don't know what a Nazi is - posts. Hey, try telling an asylum seeker who's drinking from toilets - whose child is missing - most likely in a cage, or possibly dead - that ICE aren't fucking Nazis. Try telling the victims of Right Wing terrorists, that the guy spouting PDPisms before he murdered them isn't a Nazi.

And to Jack Black - you can do much better than this. You don't fucking need PDP Corp to make a shit ton of money for charity, You are bigger than them. PDP Corp wants to associate themselves with a genuine talent to signal boost their shitty brand. Do the right thing Jack, before it's too late.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-jack-black-jablinski-games-doing-a-charity-stream-with-pewdiepie.130312/post-22962769

:badass

marrec

« Reply #32489 on: July 22, 2019, 10:56:43 AM »
Try telling an asylum seeker that the guy who makes YouTube videos and has said problematic things a few times in his past isn't a Nazi!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

jorma

« Reply #32491 on: July 22, 2019, 10:58:45 AM »

I do wonder if that would get "actioned" if reported; sometimes those threads are just like-minded circle jerks and nobody will report shit.

i've been banned for reporting posts like that, and that was way back on a slightly less crazy ree 

also, this is on the site where "he wasn't advocating killing ALL babies, just white babies" is acceptable discourse  :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #32492 on: July 22, 2019, 10:58:56 AM »
You've gotta laugh at all the little fucking babies coming in here and defending PDP. You've barely left your mother's teats, and you're coming in here and telling me how to think? Oh and the previously banned members new accounts, alts, trolls and Neoprick Nazis - I see you too.

It's okay to grow up and move on. You liked an infantile right wing YouTube influencer boosted by a shitty machine learning algorithm (designed to make maximum ad profit for Google and fuck the consequences - which they are and were very much aware of) cause he screamed and acted like you even if he was just putting it on once he and his handlers saw how much money there was to be made. You were children, but it's time to move on. I used to love Jim'll Fix It when I was kid - funnily enough I don't have an issue shitting on the grave of Jimmy Saville now. I can admit that things that I liked in the past are now not acceptable and never were. By coming here and defending PDP as adults you are only doing one thing - showing your fucking ass.

Don't you fucking numbnuts realize that PDP is a corporation? A company that exists purely to make money. PDP didn't want to make shootings about him? Fuck off - the corporation of PDP wanted to wait as long as possible to say anything as it was clearly seen as damaging to potential profits. Right wing cultists are easily freed of their money if you tactically support them - PDP Corp knows this.

Grow up and see the mistakes of your youth, or if you're from the other group I have a warning from the future. The good people of the world will again take up arms to remove evil, as has happened in the past.

I have especially loved those - you don't know what a Nazi is - posts. Hey, try telling an asylum seeker who's drinking from toilets - whose child is missing - most likely in a cage, or possibly dead - that ICE aren't fucking Nazis. Try telling the victims of Right Wing terrorists, that the guy spouting PDPisms before he murdered them isn't a Nazi.

And to Jack Black - you can do much better than this. You don't fucking need PDP Corp to make a shit ton of money for charity, You are bigger than them. PDP Corp wants to associate themselves with a genuine talent to signal boost their shitty brand. Do the right thing Jack, before it's too late.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-jack-black-jablinski-games-doing-a-charity-stream-with-pewdiepie.130312/post-22962769

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #32494 on: July 22, 2019, 11:01:38 AM »

Hasn't that guy been a joke poster for 10+ years, since the early GAF days?

they're both joke posters, but astrolads shtick was deliberate

jorma

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #32496 on: July 22, 2019, 11:21:02 AM »
Kim Kardabitch doing foreign policy.

Gaf or Ree?

Hard to tell!

If it was Neo Reich there'd be phrenology or a Stone Toss comic.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #32497 on: July 22, 2019, 11:36:30 AM »
reddit support fellow alt right sales insiders. They love fake news did he self promote on /R/the_donald
 :journo

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32498 on: July 22, 2019, 11:41:54 AM »
Oh and the previously banned members new accounts, alts, trolls and Neoprick Nazis - I see you too.

Hallucinations. Sad.

Go home, renege PDP and be a family man ! :salute
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #32499 on: July 22, 2019, 11:43:26 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-critique-of-red-letter-media%E2%80%99s-bigoted-content-see-staff-post.129228/post-22966230
Quote from: Finale Fireworker
I figured I'd post my personal experience with RLM content here. I've never talked about it before, but I used to love the Harry S. Plinkett reviews. Like, a lot. I guess it's going to read kind of bloggy. Sorry about that. It's probably not that interesting.

I was in my mid-to-late teens when the original Plinkett reviews of the prequel trilogy came out. They were unlike anything else on the internet at the time and I thought they were truly sensational. I came across the Phantom Menace review shortly after its first release and was part of the crowd that clamored for them to "do the other movies" in between each review. I rewatched them pretty regularly. Every time I met someone who liked Star Wars but hadn't seen them we would make an evening out of watching them. I've seen the Plinkett prequel reviews more times each than I have seen any of the actual Star Wars films. Although I am part of the group that have "revisited the prequels" with some positivity my experience with them is still very largely defined by the RLM Plinkett videos.

As the Plinkett series went on and started to have an actual narrative behind the reviews I thought it was amazing experimental film-making and a seminal internet experience. I watched the Baby's Day Out and the Avatar reviews like once a month. I thought they were really funny, but more importantly, I found them extremely validating. Having a multi-hour analysis dedicated to something you largely agree with was a thrilling self-indulgent exercise. I didn't love these videos just because I thought they were funny and unique. I loved them because I thought they were right. I agreed with them. They weren't just funny to me, they were validating.

I never really got in to the actual personalities behind the show. I never watched the "real" reviews like the Half in the Bag. I was only in it for the Plinkett stuff. In a weird way those Plinkett reviews are part of why I loved Star Wars. Even though they were exceedingly negative and comedic, relating to the brand over how much I hated parts of it was really cathartic. That negativity was how I expressed my enthusiasm. While I definitely do not hold those videos in the same reverence that I did as a teenager, they definitely got me started on approaching things critically and trying to explain why I liked (or didn't like) something instead of just treating my opinion like its own absolute. They are juvenile, but so was I, and they were a great place to start at my age.

What changed how I felt about all of it was the Plinkett review of The Force Awakens, which prompted a great deal of self-reflection on my part. I still very vividly remember what got me reflecting on things. It was from an AV Club article linking the review. I was able to find it.

For those not in the know, Harry S. Plinkett is a movie-reviewing character created by RLM’s Mike Stoklasa. The character is often described as ”psychotic” and simultaneously embodies the best and worst qualities of online film reviewers. He’s able to offer thoughtful insights into the inherent flaws of mass-marketed genre pictures, while still maintaining his image as a hateful pizza-roll eating slob— albeit a self-aware one. Plinkett’s reviews of the Star Wars prequels became wildly popular a few years back, so people have eagerly awaited his take on Force Awakens.
When I read this, I thought it was spot-on. Harry S. Plinkett was always a post-modern Comic Book Guy to me. The Comic Book Guy in The Simpsons was an obvious archetype for the super-nerd who felt they were the authority on everything they loved. They spoke about their interests with pretentious exactitude and the audience was never meant to relate to this parody archetype. Comic Book Guy was funny, familiar, and common, but he was not portrayed as right.

Harry S. Plinkett was interesting to me because it cranked up the intensity to an almost Troma-level absurdity but he was also often right. What made him so captivating wasn't just the character, it's that you were meant to find what he was saying interesting, insightful, and even correct. You were supposed to relate to his criticism and beliefs even though you laughed at his character. I loved Harry S. Plinkett because I agreed with him. He said what I felt. The satire element wasn't only that he was extreme and perverse - it's that he gave good criticism too.

This meant Harry S. Plinkett wasn't just a satirical construct, he was a reflection of the viewer. Of me, even, which I was perfectly fine with. I thought it was good to portray such intense fan criticism with a self-deprecating tilt. Like, maybe we're all super in to what we love and have a lot to say about it, but what makes us different from that guy? Besides bestiality and murder, of course.

Then I watched the new video.

I haven't rewatched it since, so my memory is fuzzy, but there were several instances I remember as really uncomfortable. I remember him referring to the Star Trek movies and dropping a trans slur. I remember a diversion where he says he is "triggered" by the use of the phrase "mumbo-jumbo" and then goes on a fake tirade about how racist it is. This stuff sucked but I put off my response until the end of the video. And then it ended with a diversity rant... a long diversity rant. And this was really hard for me to parse. Because Plinkett was supposed to be a gross old murderer who said and did suspect things but ultimately said things I agreed with. His criticism was the selling point of the series. But this wasn't Plinkett saying what I was thinking. This was Plinkett making fun of me. This wasn't me relating to the Plinkett character in a tongue-in-cheek way, this was the Plinkett character making me the enemy.

And that was tough.

I thought back to the AV Club description of the Plinkett character from before I watched the video:

The character is often described as ”psychotic” and simultaneously embodies the best and worst qualities of online film reviewers. He’s able to offer thoughtful insights into the inherent flaws of mass-marketed genre pictures, while still maintaining his image as a hateful pizza-roll eating slob— albeit a self-aware one.
After watching the Force Awakens review, I didn't think this was true anymore. Instead of being a subversive construct that peddled legitimate and insightful film criticism under the veneer of a cranked-up Comic Book Guy, he'd become something totally different. The Plinkett character was definitely a hateful slob, but he wasn't self-aware anymore. He was, unironically, the kind of character he was supposed to be parodying. I liked the Plinkett character because it took my grievances with fandom and Star Wars movies and it put them in to words. It made them funny and far-reaching and somewhat smart. But Plinkett wasn't legitimizing my armchair criticism of Star Wars movies anymore. Now he was legitimizing ideas that hurt me. That part wasn't about Star Wars. That part was about me.

I just stopped watching after that and left any interest I had in their stuff behind. I was never really in to the RLM brand itself. I'm not on a first name basis with anybody. I don't know who anybody is or what they actually believe. But I know that I used to be really in to some of their content and felt really let down and targeted by that inclusivity rant. It made me rethink the whole series of reviews, and the entire character, and I felt completely alienated by something I used to really like. There have always been people who hated the Plinkett reviews and thought they were damaging to Star Wars discourse. I never gave any credence to that and still don't. I don't think saying "Phantom Menace doesn't have a main character" is damaging to Star Wars discourse. I don't think the super-flawed "how many things can you say about this character?" sequence hurts anybody. You can disagree with the method or the meaning but it's not damaging, I don't think.

But ranting about inclusivity and downplaying the significance it has, especially on young people, does hurt the discourse. It does hurt people. Because, just like I used to, there are people who watch the Plinkett reviews and laugh their ass off and think "this guy gets it!" I feel like the review for The Force Awakens validates the wrong kind of people and the wrong kind of criticism. That comes at my expense.

People can take what they want from this sort of content and maybe they can more easily separate out what they agree with and what they don't. But I really hate when people respond to these criticisms with claims of satire. Satire is not a shield. It's not a magic word that means you can say whatever you want without scrutiny. The whole point of satire, the very crux of its use, is to impart a political message. Including this section as a bullet point in a long review of Star Wars and the state of the brand isn't satirizing anything. It's airing a grievance. There is no way to delegitimize this part of the critique because the review presents it as legitimate.

I think continuing the Plinkett character in 2016 was a mistake. Star Wars discourse was extremely different after The Force Awakens and a character like Plinkett ceases to be subversive in an era where racists and misogynists reign social media with transparent fervor. Plinkett does not embody "the best and worst" qualities of anything anymore. It's just the worst.

And that makes me think back on how much I used to enjoy the content and how many people I initiated in to the character. I still can't think of pizza rolls without thinking of Plinkett. I still sometimes say "if you want to tell jokes, go to the circus." I still sometimes say "you might not have noticed, but your brain did." Stuff from Plinkett content that has been hard-coded in to my brain from all the times I watched the videos and shared them with others.

I wonder: did I change or did the content change? Did the Plinkett character become different or simply more of what it always was?

Anyway, I've never watched anything else from the site and am not very familiar with any of their modern or non-character content. I don't have any personal grievance with the site or the content beyond condemning the above and being disappointed by something I used to really like. From what one of my friends told me, their contemporary content is still very largely based on validating the existing feelings of their audience. So it probably isn't for me.

That's my sad story about how I used to like some funny internet videos and now I don't. Much ado about nothing, I suppose. But nice to talk about at least once.

Edit: Fixed some early-morning typos.

:mike :crazy

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #32500 on: July 22, 2019, 11:48:02 AM »
Sorry about that. It's probably not that interesting.

early cue to stop reading

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #32501 on: July 22, 2019, 11:48:50 AM »
2000 word load of wet verbal diarrhea about a fucking YouTube channel.

:snoop

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32502 on: July 22, 2019, 11:49:45 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-critique-of-red-letter-media%E2%80%99s-bigoted-content-see-staff-post.129228/post-22966230
Quote from: Finale Fireworker
That's my sad story about how I used to like some funny internet videos and now I don't. Much ado about nothing, I suppose. But nice to talk about at least once.

:mike :crazy

Great post and thanks for sharing it. This is a really good post. Thanks for sharing. I feel much the same way.
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #32503 on: July 22, 2019, 11:53:42 AM »
2000 word load of wet verbal diarrhea about a fucking YouTube channel.

:snoop

FACT CHECK: There are only 1873 words.

I accept less than that for academic papers.  :doge

paprikastaude

« Reply #32504 on: July 22, 2019, 11:54:17 AM »
Treat jokes about a hollow children's movie as if you had just consumed holocaust denying media, brehs.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 12:10:22 PM by Spieler1 »

nudemacusers

« Reply #32505 on: July 22, 2019, 11:55:41 AM »
Sorry about that. It's probably not that interesting.

early cue to stop reading
Tbh you have to give credit when the tldr is at the beginning vs the end.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #32506 on: July 22, 2019, 11:58:00 AM »
isn't the joke of Plinkett that only fat, loser slobs who are addicted to pizza rolls and have the mentality of serial killers give enough of a fuck about star wars/pop culture movies to make/watch 3 hour reviews of said movies? sounds like it hit a little close to home for Firewanker.

BisMarckie

« Reply #32507 on: July 22, 2019, 11:58:03 AM »
Speaking of walls of boring text:

Where's Pogi?

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #32508 on: July 22, 2019, 12:00:24 PM »
It's a Magnum Dopus

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #32509 on: July 22, 2019, 12:00:44 PM »
the clip in the plinkett ghostbusters review of pacino singing about coffee in a dunkin donuts really fucked me up tho. i could probably write 2000 words just on how depressed that one clip made me.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #32510 on: July 22, 2019, 12:01:48 PM »
Oh, and remember when PDP, the man with the largest subscriber base on YouTube, uploaded a video where he got Ben Shapiro, the man who would eventually go on to have the most viewed Twitter profile by the Quebec Mosque shooter, to "rate memes" or whatever?

Yeah, just innocent Twitter follows.

I honestly can't work out if these fucks are deliberately playing intellectual 3 card monty, moving the cards around so you don't see them vanish the fucking logical chain, or if they've been duped by someone else and are too stupid to see it.

Because "he's bad because someone who reads his work did bad things" is on the same level as accusing J.D Salinger of responsibility for assassinations

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32511 on: July 22, 2019, 12:05:09 PM »
https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/1153308304715714560

Not surprised it's from here:
https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/07/thor-love-and-thunder-will-see-natalie-portman-become-female-thor-just-like-in-the-comics/89152/

This is the kind of news that strips the threads away from the very fabric of your soul.

:lol :rofl

Story details weren’t made available other than that Portman would be the “first-ever female Thor”, which still doesn’t make sense given that Thor is his name… not a title.

If you were as big of a comic nerd as you claim to be, you'd know that this is explained by the inscription on the hammer stating that "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."
:expert :ufup
ど助平

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #32512 on: July 22, 2019, 12:06:34 PM »
This is a good post. However, I will say that Plinkett has always had this problem, it's just not as obvious until the viewer is able to examine the content under a different lense.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-critique-of-red-letter-media%E2%80%99s-bigoted-content-see-staff-post.129228/post-22968182

"If you rewatch the plinkett reviews you'll notice a subtle hint of non-pc humor."

Did these idiots never get the joke?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

nudemacusers

« Reply #32514 on: July 22, 2019, 12:07:25 PM »
Holy fuck that article is hilarious

and included blatant agitprop such as Jane sharing an interracial kiss with Falcon after beating up some “racist” agitators.

But it didn’t end there… Jane ended up sleeping with the Falcon later on.
Heavens! I’m catching the vapors!
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32515 on: July 22, 2019, 12:10:16 PM »
This is a good post. However, I will say that Plinkett has always had this problem, it's just not as obvious until the viewer is able to examine the content under a different lense.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-critique-of-red-letter-media%E2%80%99s-bigoted-content-see-staff-post.129228/post-22968182

"If you rewatch the plinkett reviews you'll notice a subtle hint of non-pc humor."

Did these idiots never get the joke?

No.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32516 on: July 22, 2019, 12:13:07 PM »
Thor: Love and Thunder will release into theaters on November 5th, 2021, where you can kiss one of the last masculine, straight white male leads goodbye.

Brilliant satire... I hope.
ὕβρις

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32517 on: July 22, 2019, 12:14:08 PM »
Holy fuck that article is hilarious

and included blatant agitprop such as Jane sharing an interracial kiss with Falcon after beating up some “racist” agitators.

But it didn’t end there… Jane ended up sleeping with the Falcon later on.
Heavens! I’m catching the vapors!

I wouldn't even equate this comic storyline with being "woke" like some of the other stuff Marvel tried and failed with a few years ago, like Mockingbird:

Marvel was definitely going for a diversity push and changing up character roles, but anyone with half a brain knew that these weren't going to be permanent changes.  Jane Foster was Thor and then Thor himself stayed around using the name "Odinson" and doing his own things in other comics.  They even gave the character a finite life because she was dying from cancer and every time she changed into Thor, it undid whatever treatment she got.  That's gonna be pretty heavy if this is what the movie storyline adapts.  The character then died after one final transformation, Thor was back to Thor, and they brought her back again as a Valkyrie.  HMM I WONDER IF THE MOVIE WILL DO SOMETHING SIMILAR :thinking  OH NO LET'S RAGE OVER CHRIS HELMSWORTH'S CHARACTER WHO WILL NOT ONLY BE IN THE NEXT THOR BUT ALSO IN GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY THOSE DRATTED WIMMENZ TAKING AWAY ROLES AGAIN :punch
 :picard
ど助平

Leadbelly

« Reply #32518 on: July 22, 2019, 12:23:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pennsylvanias-women-for-trump-rally-see-if-you-can-spot-the-unifying-factor.130398/post-22959343

See, these women were nazis 90 years ago.  Clearly white womens are the same. 
(Image removed from quote.)

No commentary added or even needed. 

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Fuck it, it was a picture of hitler saying "don't you wish your GF was sexy like mine furh or something.  I don't know!. 

Youf fucking pervs.  You pieces of shit.  Enjoy fuck nkuts.

:nsfw

Very  :nsfw  :nsfw  :nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Jesus christ, linking images works about as well as time stamps here. I'm gonna take my wrench to this.

lol

I was reading the article, and for the life of me, I couldn't spot what the unifying factor was. And it seems reading the comments that the answer is, they're all white. Is that all it was? Okay. Is it even worth making a thread about?

I don't much doubt that more white women voted for Trump than other races. That said, Pennsylvania is 81% white so even if it was a women for Obama rally, the chances that the majority of women would be white is quite high.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #32519 on: July 22, 2019, 12:25:28 PM »

I bet you this dude keeps refreshing the thread to see how many "amens!" and "this" he's getting.

:lol