Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3858061 times)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #32400 on: July 21, 2019, 07:49:56 PM »
Why isn't Jack Black canceled anyway for making a movie with Kevin Hart?

let's do this

https://oracleofbacon.org/movielinks.php

Uncle

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #32401 on: July 21, 2019, 07:57:03 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #32402 on: July 21, 2019, 08:01:07 PM »
oh dear this just isn't going to work out i don't think

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32403 on: July 21, 2019, 08:01:17 PM »
the #2s there are more interesting than the main ones

Ron Jeremy?  Eli Wallach?

Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #32404 on: July 21, 2019, 08:02:09 PM »

:putin

benjipwns

« Reply #32405 on: July 21, 2019, 08:04:02 PM »
OH SHIT THE WHOLE MCU IS DOOMED

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #32406 on: July 21, 2019, 08:08:25 PM »

It's all starting to make sense
每天生气

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #32407 on: July 21, 2019, 08:11:23 PM »
What's the score from benji to AnarCat tho.

benjipwns

« Reply #32408 on: July 21, 2019, 08:11:38 PM »
Trump played himself in just enough movies over enough decades to be like two steps from nearly everyone :trumps

benjipwns

« Reply #32409 on: July 21, 2019, 08:13:16 PM »
he was in an episode of NightMan :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #32410 on: July 21, 2019, 08:14:06 PM »
Johnny Domino is a well-known San Franciscan jazz musician who is accidentally struck by a lightning bolt in a freak cable-car accident. The strike allows him to telepathically recognize evil but robs him of the ability to sleep. Although Night Man has no other superhuman powers of his own, he owns a special bulletproof bodysuit that gives him several abilities, including flight, holographic camouflage-style invisibility and advanced sight functions through the round red lens over his left eye including the ability to see in the dark and fire a laser beam.
you may know the series NightMan from when it crossed over with MANIMAL

benjipwns

« Reply #32411 on: July 21, 2019, 08:16:36 PM »

:thinking

i may just spend the rest of my life judging everything by how far/close it is to MANIMAL

:omg
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 08:25:34 PM by benjipwns »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #32412 on: July 21, 2019, 08:25:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/attack-on-titan-has-characters-analogous-to-the-jewish-and-that-annoys-me-massive-manga-spoilers.24832/

This one always bothered me. Attack on Titan is essentially about the self-perpetuating cyclical nature of violence and how war ignores the sanctity of human life. If you think it's trying to make some political attack about the Jews, you've gotta be messed up in the head.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #32413 on: July 21, 2019, 08:32:54 PM »
Oh Jesus. Pass the barf bag

" I consider Tyler more of a big brother to me"

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/hey-evillore.1493857/#post-254916106

:girlaff

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #32414 on: July 21, 2019, 08:44:34 PM »
That was not a cringe I wanted

Jansen

« Reply #32415 on: July 21, 2019, 08:49:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/leftist-animes.130379/
The anime fandom is known to be full of nazis, so lets post here animes that have a leftist PoV/message to break this image and to serve as a recomendation to anyone that doesnt want to watch animes that normalize slavery or opression.

Here's 2(3) popular animes:

Fullmetal alchemist

Why? Both the old and New series have a very direct and open message against fascism, where one of the good guys wants to democratize the country, there's even a movie that Hitler appears and he's arrested.

One Piece

Why? The anime shows the exploitation of poor and opressed people, slavery, tyrany etc... And the heroes fights against that.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-nerd-culture-so-tone-deaf.130377/
We all know about the bigotry in nerd culture and one of the things that surprises me to why it is a thing is because much of the media sends messages that are literally the opposite of that. I mean, X-men is about fighting discrimination and so many of these shows/heroes preach the message of fighting for what's right or not judging people based on who they are. So I'm just baffled to why so many people in nerd culture don't emulate the values of the shows/people they admire

HOLY SHIT THEY MADE JARMEL A MOD LMAO

Boredfrom

« Reply #32416 on: July 21, 2019, 08:51:12 PM »
Is there actual animes that downplay slavery, or is this another reee fantasy like the supposed endless amount of games that illustrate rape? Or when posters claim that they protected their totally real minority and female friends at some convention from an onslaught of harassers.

it's not always slavery

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/terra-formars-manga-about-human-looking-cockroaches-is-getting-a-live-action-movie.989003/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/attack-on-titan-has-characters-analogous-to-the-jewish-and-that-annoys-me-massive-manga-spoilers.24832/

Being fair, almost everyone was shitting on Itwasmeantobe19 after the last season aired (because everyone now could see the context of these spoilers), curiously he was nowhere to be seen in the season OT

Jansen

« Reply #32417 on: July 21, 2019, 08:55:32 PM »

Snoopycat_

« Reply #32418 on: July 21, 2019, 09:11:18 PM »
How long until Imarox becomes an admin

benjipwns

« Reply #32419 on: July 21, 2019, 09:41:31 PM »
i uh have been advised er i mean would like to state solely of my own accord for the purposes of the record that the Mod Admiral is definitely not ever consulted on staff hiring/firing/promotion decisions at all ever never ever, only on the hypothetical individual actioning of posts/threads/users hypothetically

benjipwns

« Reply #32420 on: July 21, 2019, 10:04:31 PM »
Don't make threads with inflammatory framing.
Locked.

But other thread is still open:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-nerd-culture-so-tone-deaf.130377/post-22953777
Until the advent of Gamergate I kind of assumed that nerds were more progressive on the whole, even the ones who were Republican/Tory/what have you by identification would at least have the common cause of growing up knowing what it was like to be an outsider. To that end, the progressive side of nerd culture is super-progressive, but the reactionary elements were frightening to behold.

It feels to me like a more mainstream version of incel culture. While they lack the aggressive self-loathing and defeatism of incels, it comes from the same ideas, growing up nerdy you can be denied what you're told by society is normal and expected; sexual intimacy, social clout, the feeling of belonging that comes from playing high school sports, but instead of looking at it and finding common cause with other marginalized peoples, you get into a crab bucket mentality and decide to step on those people to claim your shred of "normalcy."

It comes from low self-esteem and the hardships that can come from identifying with a counterculture, but then in pointing that anger at the wrong targets.
Boom, this is it. So many nerds seem to out the breaks on emotional development during their mid teens and just never catch up.
And because they tend to shut themselves off they lack any sense of perspective and replace real life experiences with pop culture stereotypes, the best example being "chads" and "stacies"
It’s weird because I remember most people on the internet in 2000-2006 I interacted with that were nerds were progressive. It was progressive to like drugs, watch anime, and be indifferent to people’s race/orientation. It felt like the people on the internet were well-read, reading and debating news outside of TV and could acquire information easily compared to the people offline who didn’t know what memes, 4chan and YTMND even were let alone how to scour sources on the internet.

Suddenly the internet now feels like a horribly alt-right place filled with everyone’s mom and grandma on Facebook consuming false media and sound bites, and it feels ironic considering where it came from.
Quote from: Nepenthe
It's basic in-group/out-group dynamics. Many people saw nerd culture as an escape from social ostracization and bullying through the 80s and 90s, forming (what appeared to be) an insular community of like-minded individuals who could share and appreciate something special. When nerd properties began having mainstream appeal and success on television and film, these same nerds saw expanded audiences as basically invaders, people who didn't belong who were now mucking up the dynamic and trying to take over. The fact that many of these properties are about overcoming adversity and living up to ideals of goodness is completely irrelevant because it was never entirely about the moral lessons of the works. It was about having a shiny toy and thinking those bullying sjws who- in their minds- never liked the toy in the first place (we did) are trying to take it away from them.
Quote from: astro
Exactly this. It's all over gaming side and it's weak af.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #32421 on: July 21, 2019, 10:23:27 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ny-gaf-wtf-is-going-in-with-the-sky-right-now.1493947/

ITT basement dwellers see a sunset for the first time?  :doge
Fish<

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #32422 on: July 21, 2019, 11:42:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/leftist-animes.130379/
The anime fandom is known to be full of nazis, so lets post here animes that have a leftist PoV/message to break this image and to serve as a recomendation to anyone that doesnt want to watch animes that normalize slavery or opression.

Here's 2(3) popular animes:

Fullmetal alchemist

Why? Both the old and New series have a very direct and open message against fascism, where one of the good guys wants to democratize the country, there's even a movie that Hitler appears and he's arrested.

One Piece

Why? The anime shows the exploitation of poor and opressed people, slavery, tyrany etc... And the heroes fights against that.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-nerd-culture-so-tone-deaf.130377/
We all know about the bigotry in nerd culture and one of the things that surprises me to why it is a thing is because much of the media sends messages that are literally the opposite of that. I mean, X-men is about fighting discrimination and so many of these shows/heroes preach the message of fighting for what's right or not judging people based on who they are. So I'm just baffled to why so many people in nerd culture don't emulate the values of the shows/people they admire

HOLY SHIT THEY MADE JARMEL A MOD LMAO

Quote from: Crossing Eden
Because critical thinking is the scariest possible concept to a tone deaf nerd. We live in the era where some people literally are ridiculous enough to believe that James Bond and Metal gear aren't inherently political.

The person that literally thinks Goldeneye 64 is political solely because it has Russian's in it and Resident Evil is because there is a corporation and underground lab.
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #32423 on: July 21, 2019, 11:47:58 PM »

I'm just baffled to why so many people in nerd culture don't emulate the values of the shows/people they admire

sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #32424 on: July 21, 2019, 11:54:07 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pennsylvanias-women-for-trump-rally-see-if-you-can-spot-the-unifying-factor.130398/post-22957921
Nostalgia for the Confederacy and white supremacy were largely kept alive post Civil War by the United Daughters of the Confederacy. Never trust American white women, especially blondes, natural or otherwise.

:money
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #32425 on: July 21, 2019, 11:58:37 PM »
Just think. Many of these ladies find him attractive and/or charismatic, or at the very least have some weird deep seated daddy issues in their worship of him.
I could see one asian woman in that crowd.
And if you look closely she's probably only there cause her husband brought her there.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 12:04:16 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #32426 on: July 21, 2019, 11:59:04 PM »
I cant see how anyone can stand by a literal piece of shit. Have they even seen interviews of this fucker?

benjipwns

« Reply #32427 on: July 22, 2019, 12:01:20 AM »
lmao at Shy pushing his non-American anger over that womens protest photo STILL to this day

benjipwns

« Reply #32428 on: July 22, 2019, 12:03:07 AM »
Because critical thinking is the scariest possible concept to a tone deaf nerd. We live in the era where some people literally are ridiculous enough to believe that James Bond and Metal gear aren't inherently political.

The person that literally thinks Goldeneye 64 is political solely because it has Russian's in it and Resident Evil is because there is a corporation and underground lab.
You say that, but consider this from the women for Trump thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/pennsylvanias-women-for-trump-rally-see-if-you-can-spot-the-unifying-factor.130398/post-22956581
It's weird that being a republican is like literally being a sith lord. These people always look genuinely evil

clothedmacuser

« Reply #32429 on: July 22, 2019, 12:43:20 AM »

You say that, but consider this from the women for Trump thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/pennsylvanias-women-for-trump-rally-see-if-you-can-spot-the-unifying-factor.130398/post-22956581
It's weird that being a republican is like literally being a sith lord. These people always look genuinely evil

sigh

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #32430 on: July 22, 2019, 01:00:39 AM »
anything worth reading happen over the weekend? i was kinda drunk 2/3 of the time so I didnt read shit

clothedmacuser

sigh

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #32432 on: July 22, 2019, 02:06:01 AM »
I'm so so sorry

clothedmacuser

« Reply #32433 on: July 22, 2019, 02:26:29 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pennsylvanias-women-for-trump-rally-see-if-you-can-spot-the-unifying-factor.130398/post-22959343

See, these women were nazis 90 years ago.  Clearly white womens are the same. 

No commentary added or even needed. 

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Fuck it, it was a picture of hitler saying "don't you wish your GF was sexy like mine furh or something.  I don't know!. 

Youf fucking pervs.  You pieces of shit.  Enjoy fuck nkuts.

:nsfw

Very  :nsfw  :nsfw  :nsfw
[close]

Jesus christ, linking images works about as well as time stamps here. I'm gonna take my wrench to this.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 04:10:31 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

Boredfrom

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32436 on: July 22, 2019, 02:57:38 AM »
Anyway, I was watching a bunch of stuff about Sonic the Hedgehog today, and it got me thinking...
:yikes
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #32437 on: July 22, 2019, 03:00:00 AM »
Everyone over the age of 12 who is into Sonic should be on a watchlist tbh.

BIONIC

« Reply #32438 on: July 22, 2019, 03:09:14 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/collecting-hoarding.130361/

:shaking “My Amiibo collection is high art, mom!” :shaking
Margs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32439 on: July 22, 2019, 03:13:18 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/collecting-hoarding.130361/

:shaking “My Amiibo collection is high art, mom!” :shaking

It's not hoarding, it's an archive for preservation.
ὕβρις

jorma

« Reply #32440 on: July 22, 2019, 03:18:43 AM »
gonna say there's bigger problems with this company than the male gaze: https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/ZigZaGame-Reviews-E2233997.htm
Negative Outlook
I worked at ZigZaGame for more than a year

Pros

They can communicate in English in Japanese company

Cons

1. Unprofessional in giving feedback and overall management 2. No contract, no guarantee and starts blaming you for their unprofessional mistakes 3. Without contract, they will whine and threat about suing you afterward even though those aren't your mistakes. 4. Never have consistency in feedback. 5. If you quit their company, get ready to forget about the last work's payment because they will cancel, run away and don't pay your payment after you finished their orders
Doesn't Recommend
I worked at ZigZaGame full-time for less than a year

Pros

I found no pros for working at the company.

Cons

Many. I don't wish to say publicly.
Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
I worked at ZigZaGame full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people working in the lower level positions of the company. Able to used English in office, which is rare in Japan. People are passionate about their jobs.

Cons

The direction of the company is vague at best. Employees are handled poorly by upper management, in particular with regards to HR decisions such as hiring, terminating, reviewing and so on. Very little feedback or guidance is given to people in key positions. Micromanagement of tasks by upper management is tedious and counterproductive. Attitude from CEO is borderline hostile to many employees.

Advice to Management

Focus on trying to build up the core of solid workers and less on marketing income. Treat people with respect and care and they will deliver a much better product.
Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
I have been working at ZigZaGame full-time for more than a year

Pros

The individuals there are great people. The location is good since it isn't too central but close to Shinagawa. Not a suits-required place. Technically counts as a games company so you can get your industry experience.

Cons

The expected overtime is ridiculous. If you don't work overtime the management tells you that you aren't committed. If you work overtime you are still hugely underappreciated. The salary is stupidly low. A lot of what they promise in the interviews (bonuses, raises, game nights) are just pretty words. No help towards rent or company housing. No yearly performance review. No company parties or nights out. Everything you send on the company chat is monitored. Voicing your opinion is highly frowned upon. Unethical advertising of their games. There is a general feeling of "if I do this I might get fired", even regarding simple matters. Everyone feels on edge.
Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
I worked at ZigZaGame full-time for less than a year

Pros

Many nice low-level workers Support for foreign workers Visa support

Cons

Overtime expectations are absurd. At times, I would receive "urgent" emails from coworkers at 3am, with frustrated followup messages at 7am if I hadn't replied, despite my shift starting at 9am. Some employees would sleep in the lobby overnights. Expectations didn't match interview statements. Company said that they value work-life balance and making sure everyone worked as close to 40 hours as possible. However, reviews would have you unfairly compare yourself to employees working 80-100 hour weeks. Inexperienced management. Most of the managers have very limited experience with video games development, and none on the scale they're trying to work on. This leads to massive over-budgeting and schedules that are more than a year off. This responsibility is hoisted onto the staff, who have little to no creative say. The pay is remarkably low to start, and does not increase. Promised raise and bonus schedules were not adhered to except for the absolute highest end workers. Employees who questioned management practices in perfectly professional manners were publicly berated and insulted in front of their peers using aggressive and profane language. Many of the things expected of their content creators run directly contradictory to established game industry practices. So in many ways, you'll be learning bad practices which need to be "unlearned" in other offices. Office culture involves dating between superiors and direct subordinates.

:lol
They better hope this company don't find out about Games Workshop, because if they do they're gonna start paying their weeb "english speaking" employees with loot crates instead of real money.

Snoopycat_

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32442 on: July 22, 2019, 04:41:09 AM »
I don't have any money... I don't have a girlfriend... What I have is a very particular set of skills. I will cancel you, I will cancel your YouTube channel, I will cancel your family, I will cancel your dog. #FullPokedexNow
ὕβρις

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #32443 on: July 22, 2019, 04:51:53 AM »

:lol
They better hope this company don't find out about Games Workshop, because if they do they're gonna start paying their weeb "english speaking" employees with loot crates instead of real money.

Wait until they find out it used to be called Games Concentration Camp.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #32444 on: July 22, 2019, 04:53:30 AM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.
you going to blow his/her brains out otherwise?
This derail is so awesome :lol
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #32445 on: July 22, 2019, 04:58:12 AM »
Everyone over the age of 12 who is into Sonic should be on a watchlist tbh.
you can watch me any day baby  :-*

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32446 on: July 22, 2019, 04:59:20 AM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32447 on: July 22, 2019, 05:42:03 AM »
Paging JCHandsom  :drudge

https://www.resetera.com/threads/as-it-happened-many-times-i-accidentally-catched-a-glimpse-of-the-big-bang-theory-and-i-cant-understand-what-is-up-with-this-show.130427/

Big Bang Salt never disappoint too.

It definitely does feel like a collection of "that's what nerds do" scenes by people who probably picked on nerds in high school to begin with. I'm almost surprised there's relationships involved considering nerds are single, ugly, degenerate and so on according to such people.

:crybaby
ὕβρις

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #32448 on: July 22, 2019, 06:10:48 AM »
prof beef after killing a minority has moved onto a teenage girl as his next boss huh?

This dude is so strong :stahp just when you think reset finds the bedrock they manage to use their diamond Pickaxe and get lower.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #32449 on: July 22, 2019, 06:26:50 AM »
lmao at Shy pushing his non-American anger over that womens protest photo STILL to this day

Shy really does have a very specific pathology bone to pick with white women, doesn't he?

also:
The New Zealand shooter was right.

newsfeed?

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #32450 on: July 22, 2019, 06:28:23 AM »
Weaponizing the christ church shooter to cause a divide? Well that's exactly what they wanted....

How dumb can these people get?

Shia destoryed.

BIONIC

« Reply #32451 on: July 22, 2019, 06:42:14 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-posted-a-splatoon-splatfest-celebration-video.130429/

Quote from: foxuzamaki, post: 22961003, member: 3066
This is similar to the splashback video that they did for splatoon 1, but may be even more of a tearjerker

:doge

:pika
[close]
Margs

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #32452 on: July 22, 2019, 06:43:41 AM »

Shy really does have a very specific pathology bone to pick with white women, doesn't he?

also:
The New Zealand shooter was right.

newsfeed?

You know, these women may be a bunch of racist god-fearing rubes, but at least they care enough to vote, unlike some

BIONIC

Margs

Ghoul

« Reply #32455 on: July 22, 2019, 07:11:15 AM »
very problematic figures there chief.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #32456 on: July 22, 2019, 07:16:51 AM »
o fuck it's tabris

Quote from: tabris
So my girlfriend is a hoarder and I'm trying to break her of the condition because I'm a minimalist.

Her complex comes from her parents - she feels guilt throwing things away because it made her realize she didn't need to buy it in the first place - or that it could still be used someday.

Like weird things - her place has a corner just for boxes and bags from shopping or things she bought...

and I'm like "babe why do you need those?" "for when I move again" and I was like - just recycle those and buy recycled cardboard boxes from a moving store when you move again. You're saving like $10 to $20 by keeping a corner of bags and boxes. She's moving in slowly into my place so she's still keeping it for that, but huge hoarder signs. I think she's slowly getting that she can't be a hoarder at my place.

because I'm a minimalist

:dayum

try to change your so's personality instead of just respecting who she is

maybe allow her the right to change you into a maximalist
Uncle

BIONIC

« Reply #32457 on: July 22, 2019, 07:19:53 AM »
Quote from: Dyle, post: 22963094, member: 2904
What is it about this dumb game that makes me tear up all the time? I can't cry for actual emotional problems but then I see some cute squids or listen to one of the songs and I can't stop myself.

Can squids even cry? Does the water content of their tears burn their skin or does it not effect them like that?
Margs

BisMarckie

« Reply #32458 on: July 22, 2019, 07:24:54 AM »
RIP branduil :tocry

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #32459 on: July 22, 2019, 07:25:15 AM »
yeah, fucking tabris railing against conspicuous consumption...?
:confused