Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 918111 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #4680 on: November 25, 2017, 11:00:33 PM »
what the fuck is capicola

Sounds like some shit Tony Soprano would eat

Capicola?  He's that dude who directed the Godfather, come on man.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
:heyman
[close]
ど助平

Corporal

« Reply #4681 on: November 25, 2017, 11:25:59 PM »
It's five in the morning, I just woke up and for some reason I have a strong desire to eat mulberries.

The fuck, brain. :-\

Or is that stomach.  >:(
!list

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4682 on: November 26, 2017, 01:25:10 AM »
Had to poke a hole into the lid of a jam jar to open it. :stahp

skullstorm

« Reply #4683 on: November 26, 2017, 06:52:41 AM »
A hole in the lid? The hell man, use a spoon handle to get some air in or something  :wtf

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4684 on: November 26, 2017, 07:27:35 AM »
Hot water and a kitchen towel is great for lids.

skullstorm

« Reply #4685 on: November 26, 2017, 08:13:15 AM »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4686 on: November 26, 2017, 10:35:15 AM »
use your non-dominate hand on the lid of jars, holding the jar with your dominate hand obviously

just a little trick i had installed at the factory

Corporal

« Reply #4687 on: November 26, 2017, 11:03:00 AM »
I'm still part of the "turn upside down and give a couple of smacks" faction. It works all the time, most of the time.
oh shit

i need to go to the supermarket to get anti-headache medicine
Bah, go and buy your drugs at a pharmacy like the distinguished gentlebeing that you are. Don't mingle with the dirty plebs at some grimy super market.  >:(
!list

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4688 on: November 26, 2017, 12:36:33 PM »
use your non-dominate hand on the lid of jars, holding the jar with your dominate hand obviously

just a little trick i had installed at the factory
I shall call it the lefty loosey.

I'm still part of the "turn upside down and give a couple of smacks" faction. It works all the time, most of the time.
This is the only trick I knew of until now, but it did absolutely nothing.

Next time the universe tries to withhold blended plums from me I'll try some of these others.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4689 on: November 26, 2017, 10:44:06 PM »
Switch fell and it killed one of the joycons. There goes another $80 :goty
que

Corporal

« Reply #4690 on: November 26, 2017, 11:44:05 PM »
Aw man. That sucks.

Uh... Well, look at the bright side, you could have chunked the main unit. Thankfully you had an ablative Joycon.

!list

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4691 on: November 27, 2017, 10:05:10 AM »
Aw man. That sucks.

Uh... Well, look at the bright side, you could have chunked the main unit. Thankfully you had an ablative Joycon.

I enjoyed your phrasing.

El Babua

« Reply #4692 on: November 27, 2017, 12:22:53 PM »
Bashed my finger a week and a half ago and the brown spot under my nail has turned super black.  :doge

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4693 on: November 27, 2017, 12:51:35 PM »
Necrotic.   Time to chew off your finger.   

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4694 on: November 27, 2017, 01:55:53 PM »
Do a timelapse of it growing out.

Corporal

« Reply #4695 on: November 27, 2017, 02:02:27 PM »
I just bought Skyrim for the Switch.

The problem: I loathed Oblivion. Like, really did not like it. At all. Felt like pulling teeth. And the enemy scaling was ass unless you levelled with it in mind. Plus, the character editor.

Skyrim was only 38 Eurobucks though. That's like 35% off.

... Why can't I resist rebates and "hot deals". :-\

A "hot deal" on a Bethesda game no less - seriously, what poor impulse control.  ::)
!list

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4696 on: November 27, 2017, 02:20:25 PM »
I wasn't a fan of Oblivion. I think Skyrim did a lot of fix some of the issues. I think it's a better game. It might not be as much a struggle as you think.
que

El Babua

« Reply #4697 on: November 27, 2017, 08:34:04 PM »
For all the flack (well deserved) of Oblivion's world being generic medieval fantasy land, level scaling and blatant copy/paste design, it still had way better quests and characters than Skyrim - which took a really cool environment and made it everyone and thing in it as mundane as possible.

hampster

« Reply #4698 on: November 27, 2017, 08:45:37 PM »
All the PUBG streamers switched to barefoot (quieter?) and it makes me uncomfortable. All that broken glass and stuff :(
Zzz

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #4699 on: November 28, 2017, 04:23:23 PM »
I'm having Pho for the first time and I'm really indifferent about it.  :-\ The meat is too chewy and sliced too big.  I'm sure every place does it different. I really wanted to like it more.

This would be much better as a chicken soup.
©ZH

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4700 on: November 28, 2017, 05:03:52 PM »
I'm listening to a new recording of Beethoven and the conductor is James Gaffigan. I misread it as "Jim Gaffigan". Now while I'm listening to Beethoven I hear his voice saying "I'd really like a pop tart right now. Pop taaaart!"
que

Corporal

« Reply #4701 on: November 29, 2017, 01:13:28 PM »
I'm having Pho for the first time and I'm really indifferent about it.  :-\ The meat is too chewy and sliced too big.
That's bad Pho.

Good Pho is Pho-king amazing.

And no, I'm not sorry for using that terrible pun.
!list

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4702 on: November 29, 2017, 05:51:08 PM »
Homemade? From 2 years ago?

Burn your place down.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4703 on: November 29, 2017, 07:12:39 PM »
I had an ulcer in the back on my throat [on my uvula!] for about the past week. It made my throat constantly burn and then hurt like fire whenever I swallowed food or drank anything that wasn't lukewarm water. Went to the clinic about it after a few days and the lady was like "Yep, that's an ulcer, antibiotics won't help but here's some anyway" and then she sent me away, didn't even give me any opioids or anything. I'm mostly over it now, but I've still got a lingering cough and nasal congestion [presumably unrelated], but that's at least something I can deal with.
dog

Raist

« Reply #4704 on: November 29, 2017, 07:15:24 PM »
antibiotics won't help but here's some anyway

:picard

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4705 on: November 29, 2017, 07:37:53 PM »
I had an ulcer in the back on my throat [on my uvula!] for about the past week. It made my throat constantly burn and then hurt like fire whenever I swallowed food or drank anything that wasn't lukewarm water. Went to the clinic about it after a few days and the lady was like "Yep, that's an ulcer, antibiotics won't help but here's some anyway" and then she sent me away, didn't even give me any opioids or anything. I'm mostly over it now, but I've still got a lingering cough and nasal congestion [presumably unrelated], but that's at least something I can deal with.
Dude, I used to get that every late fall. I HATED it. There's NOTHING you can do for it other than just wait. I'm sorry man. Hang in there. It sucks.
que

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #4706 on: November 29, 2017, 07:43:07 PM »
I get those all the time.

Actually, I have some right now.  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4707 on: November 29, 2017, 10:31:25 PM »
WARNING: Nerd-ranting about getting a stupid video game:

Resident Evil Revelations for Switch must be the rarest game released this year, because I had the hardest time getting a copy.  The copy I was supposed to get from Amazon got to their local distribution depot yesterday at 3 AM with a scheduled release day delivery.  It never came and just sat in the warehouse.  This morning the tracking status said it was out for delivery.  I got another package from the same distribution depot and carrier this afternoon, but no game package.  The status then changed to "A carrier delay has occurred."

My wife went out with a friend this evening, so I went out to get some food.  Was right near a Best Buy and decided to just pop in there, get the game, and return the Amazon copy when it arrives.  Checked their stock on their website and it said it was available.  I walk around their game section and don't see it.  Someone asks if I need help, and I would describe his appearance and speech patterns as "lazy Napoleon Dynamite."  Napoleon offers to go look in the cages they keep new stock in, but can't find it.  He then asks me "if it is available on the digital store."  I'm not sure what he means and say yes, it's on your website.  But he was instead telling me to just go and buy it digitally instead off the eShop.  :lol  He goes and says he's going to check some more and I see him just sort of walking around aimlessly.  He returns and says "it's new, so it's probably in the front."  Uh...where...?  Aaaand he's gone.  I walk around and find some other new-ish games in another area, but no Resident Evil.  Well, that was 20 minutes wasted.  Hey, the mall is across the street.

It takes another 20 minutes to get across the road because of the wall of traffic.  No lie.  Some asshole drives up and blocks the intersection, visibly mouthing "I don't give a fuck" over and over again while bobbing his head to music.  He looks like B0bby R0berts with his facial hair and kangol.   :lol

Asshole finally moves and traffic flows again.  Takes a while to find parking and then I go inside to Gamestop.  The guy at the counter tells me that "Resident Evil isn't out yet, man.  It comes out on December 5th" and starts walking away.  I guess he thinks I mean RE7 Gold for some reason.  I did say Revelations on Switch.  I tell him it came out Tuesday and he sighs and goes to the back room, emerging with a copy.  So sorry to make you work...?  Purchase it and leave the store just in time to hear someone walk in and start asking what happened to the Wii U and explain why it is so much better than the Switch.  Man, I don't miss those retail days one bit.   Grab some crap in the food court, and leave.  But we're not done yet!  I was able to get out to this area of town in just a few minutes, despite all the traffic, but going home is a nightmare of rush hour assholes doing their best to cause near accidents.  I finally get home and eat.

Then I get a notification that the Amazon package has been delivered.  LOL, of course it was after I went out to buy a copy.  :lol :doge  Except it wasn't.  Double-checked again.  Nope...nothing outside.

Get on Amazon CS chat and tell them what happened.  I get a rep who doesn't appear to be able to speak English very well so I tried calling them.  I get transferred to the Amazon logistics people and checking it further, the delivery driver first marked it with "A carrier delay has occurred" (again), but then several minutes later marked it as "Delivered today - Your package was delivered per the instructions. "  I guess the instructions were not to actually deliver it and keep it or something?  Gonna give it one more day, but something's up with this package.  The Logistics rep even mentioned that it seemed suspicious and may have been lost or stolen.  Why would anyone working as a delivery driver for these guys lie about a delivery?  It's supposedly pretty well known that Amazon is super strict and will fire anyone on the spot who marks a package as delivered and then gets a complaint that the package was not received.  A lot of the stuff I get even has a photo included to prove that they left it at the door for this reason.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 10:39:55 PM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4708 on: November 30, 2017, 12:06:54 AM »
I could pretend I read all that, but I'd rather use this hard-G GIF:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:heartbeat sorry you had a hard time finding your game. I would bet money that your old nemesis, JEANS LADY is behind it somehow.
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4709 on: November 30, 2017, 12:14:20 AM »
I would bet money that your old nemesis, JEANS LADY is behind it somehow.

THE MEMORIES

I got spoiled is all- from working at home so much and forgetting how shitty things are around town during rush hour, plus how bad retail can be.  Amazon letting me down though is :stahp
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4710 on: November 30, 2017, 12:22:02 AM »
'Tis the season for shipping shenanigans, after all.  I have a package from a Japanese store that has been sitting somewhere in Tokyo since 11/18.  Two more orders from the same store, placed after that, already made it to the States.  Fun times.
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4711 on: November 30, 2017, 12:34:30 AM »
That delivery driver is going to be fingering your tight asshole in the near future while repeatedly whispering in your ear, "Your package has arrived per the instructions"

Tasty

« Reply #4712 on: November 30, 2017, 03:55:30 PM »
Meanwhile, at Tasty's work:

"Oh hey the new RE game is out."

*buys via eShop website*

*downloads automatically to his Switch at home*

*Tasty comes home*

*removes pants*

*plays game*

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4713 on: November 30, 2017, 04:35:06 PM »
^ Wrong thread?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4714 on: November 30, 2017, 05:05:53 PM »
I think that was in response to Dosukebe
每天生气

Raist

« Reply #4715 on: November 30, 2017, 05:41:48 PM »
God I love 15h-long work days.

S'up.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4716 on: November 30, 2017, 06:14:26 PM »
That delivery driver is going to be fingering your tight asshole in the near future while repeatedly whispering in your ear, "Your package has arrived per the instructions"

Dude, this is the minor inconveniences thread...not the "share your triumph of the day" thread.
 :tauntaun

remove your pants to play a game on the switch brehs

Who doesn't?
 :letsfukk
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4717 on: November 30, 2017, 06:19:21 PM »
Still didn't get the package today.  Called the AMZL delivery people and spoke to a nice lady who was experiencing issues with their system and verbally telling me how nothing was working.  I heard "COME ON!  COME ONNNNNN!!!!!" for like 15 minutes.  Finally she tells me that they will refund the items, but after explaining that I want one of them and if I get a refund, it's going to cost twice the price because it was purchased on sale and that's not cool.

I'm told they'll put a note on my account and discount will applied when I re-purchase it...except Amazon is now all sold out.  Only third party sellers are on there.  I ask if they'll give me a credit to make up for the difference and am told no.  I ask to talk to someone else and after being placed on hold, am told "my supervisor just checked and they just gave the package to a carrier and it's on its way now to you." 

On its way now at 6:00 PM at night?  I also ask how I can track it, since it shows as delivered, and am told "refresh your device."  Of course doing this does nothing.
:gurl

If it comes, great.  I think I was basically just given a reason to end the call though.  :lol
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4718 on: November 30, 2017, 07:04:08 PM »
My 12-year-old son borrows my earphones all the time. I have more than I need, I buy them habitually, no, I don't know why. But having earphones with a mic is critical for my work. I phone conference just about every day. I have only ONE working phone headset, and I've told him he can't borrow those.

He borrows them anyway, and then I can't find them, and end up plugging my fucking Playstation earpiece into my phone so I can voice conference.

I recently learned that Apple makes a Lightning connector EarPod, and I really like Apple's open-ear design and sound quality. My son is mainly using my old iPhone 4, which is the old style connection.

I buy them because my son will have no impetus to borrow them.

Within two hours, my wife borrows them.

:-\

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4719 on: November 30, 2017, 07:45:03 PM »
Yup, got the run-around from AMZL shipping.  Called regular Amazon customer service and the guy was like "WTF?  Of course you can order another copy and we'll cover the difference to make it up to you.  Here's your refunds and we'll give you a $15 credit once the order ships." 

Why was that so hard for everyone else I spoke with to do?
 :idont

Amazon CS = awesome, AMZL shipping service = lying, scummy bastards.  I guess this isn't resolved yet either...because who is probably going to be shipping the replacement copy?  AMZL.
:neogaf
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 07:52:14 PM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4720 on: November 30, 2017, 08:11:48 PM »
Meanwhile, at Tasty's work:

"Oh hey the new RE game is out."

*buys via eShop website*

*downloads automatically to his Switch at home*

*Tasty comes home*

*removes pants*

*plays game*

Eh, could have happened with anything ordered online.  Didn't have to be a video game.
:idont
ど助平

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4721 on: November 30, 2017, 09:00:45 PM »
Was jerkin it with the blinds open and the neighbors saw.

Wait, does this go in struggles or triumphs?
每天生气

Corporal

« Reply #4722 on: November 30, 2017, 11:59:15 PM »
Double whammy. Triple, if it bothers y'all that I'm not quoting the post in question.

I posted what I wanted to post in here, in the game discussion thread. This post.

So mispost, original slight inconvenience, and forcing others to waste a click or be bothered that a post that is referenced is not quoted. All in one post. Quality inconvenience.

Tonight, and tonight only,  I'm the king of inconveniences.
!list

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4723 on: December 01, 2017, 04:15:45 PM »
The doorbell just rung and nobody was there- opened the door and I see a car driving off...it's the fucking package containing Resident Evil and Kingdom Hearts.  LMAO. 
:neogaf

Am reaching out to Amazon to return them and get them to re-charge me for the money they refunded.
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4724 on: December 01, 2017, 05:04:31 PM »
Kitty had a seizure today 😢

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4725 on: December 01, 2017, 05:20:19 PM »
:( Sorry to hear that. I assume you are taking her to the vet but when my childhood cat started having seizures we figured out it was kitty diabetes and he still lived for a long time after that with treatment. Hopefully it turns out okay.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4726 on: December 01, 2017, 05:51:52 PM »
It’s a known issue, we had him ran through all sorts of tests, they think it’s neurological so there’s not much to do. It happens once every couple months or so, usually when he’s sleeping

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4727 on: December 01, 2017, 09:34:58 PM »
Youtube's recommendation algorithm sucks ass.
I watched ONE MGS V video and now my entire recommended section is MGS videos.
que

Raist

« Reply #4728 on: December 02, 2017, 05:06:02 AM »

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #4729 on: December 02, 2017, 09:23:24 AM »

There's times I hate it, but then there's times I'm doing deep dives on a particular subject and I love it.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4730 on: December 02, 2017, 11:43:57 AM »

There's times I hate it, but then there's times I'm doing deep dives on a particular subject and I love it.

Like when you find one 70's Italian porno and then suddenly it's all 70's Italian pornos.
©@©™

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4731 on: December 02, 2017, 08:43:45 PM »
Want chicken strips but Popeyes is closed :(
serge

Valkyrie

• Good Christian

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #4734 on: December 03, 2017, 10:54:56 AM »
Yeah, because I'm so conflicted about the show.

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #4735 on: December 03, 2017, 12:38:03 PM »
I still got to watch the last episode of season 2, so I can't rightly judge if another season is good thing or not. But then again, I had my doubts if a second season was a wise decision and I was proven wrong.

The novelty that made season 1 special is mostly gone tho...

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #4736 on: December 04, 2017, 04:15:20 PM »
I bought a pair of nice leather boots online a few days ago. I got them over the weekend and tried them on at home and even walked with them around inside for a time. I had no problems then, but today at work they started making fucking squeaking sounds and they won't stop no matter where I am, in my office, on the street, or back home  >:(

I think it's the sole that produces those squeaks but I don't know what to do. I really like those boots but I guess the sensible thing to do is, to just clean them up and return them  :-\

Corporal

« Reply #4737 on: December 05, 2017, 09:31:52 AM »
A videogame I enjoy immensely despite its flaws is getting ravaged on- and offline. Some people are genuinely angry at some design decisions.

If I was younger, it'd be time to lube up and enter the fray over at /r/etc to smite the nonbelievers with 4chan memes.

Not feeling it, though. Playing the game in question is more fulfilling. I'm still mildly inconvenienced by people being so immensely and aggressively annoyed at things I enjoy. Like, chillax, peeps. It's just a game.  8)
!list

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #4738 on: December 05, 2017, 10:23:14 AM »
Y you not sayin the game?

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4739 on: December 05, 2017, 10:26:25 AM »
A videogame I enjoy immensely despite its flaws is getting ravaged on- and offline. Some people are genuinely angry at some design decisions.

If I was younger, it'd be time to lube up and enter the fray over at /r/etc to smite the nonbelievers with 4chan memes.

Not feeling it, though. Playing the game in question is more fulfilling. I'm still mildly inconvenienced by people being so immensely and aggressively annoyed at things I enjoy. Like, chillax, peeps. It's just a game.  8)

So which waifu with the humongous tits is yours?
serge