Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 918309 times)

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #2760 on: July 24, 2016, 12:51:22 PM »
Took 200 mg of modafinil just now.  I guess I didn't want to sleep tonight  :-\
🍆🍆

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #2761 on: July 24, 2016, 02:04:40 PM »
edit: wrong thread
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 02:22:46 PM by Pallando »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2762 on: July 24, 2016, 02:34:52 PM »
Got my depth oral coming up.  Working hard so I don't make a fool of myself.

Precede to make gay jokes. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2763 on: July 26, 2016, 02:21:24 PM »
Trying to learn the harmonica and I can't figure out how to suck the 2 hole. 

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2764 on: July 26, 2016, 04:19:18 PM »
You only tongue that one.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2765 on: July 29, 2016, 05:30:30 AM »
Mosquito

Fly swatter

I think I found the problem, ma'am.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Killing mosquitos yourself is a PITA. Buy some repellent product to burn, plug or skinrub.
[close]
ὕβρις

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #2766 on: July 29, 2016, 07:34:46 AM »
ffs... there's a mosquito in my bedroom. I got a clear shot at taking him out... TWICE... but I went at it with a floppy fly swatter. Missed twice. What is the point of a fly swatter if it's so damn floppy and shit? I can't move fast enough with it. I opted to try to murder it with my hands so I can move faster, but now I can't find it anymore. fml

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2767 on: July 29, 2016, 09:22:53 AM »
Oh, don't worry about finding it, the piece of shit is guaranteed to buzz near your ear. :maf

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2768 on: July 29, 2016, 12:22:17 PM »
ffs... there's a mosquito in my bedroom. I got a clear shot at taking him out... TWICE... but I went at it with a floppy fly swatter. Missed twice. What is the point of a fly swatter if it's so damn floppy and shit? I can't move fast enough with it. I opted to try to murder it with my hands so I can move faster, but now I can't find it anymore. fml

Buy a bug-zapper lamp preferably with black-light fluorescent so you can just leave it on at night, or a swatter with a battery-powered zapper. They'll zap the damned things on contact.

I used to think I hated flies because maggots are gross and flies want to micro-barf on my food. After 17 years total in Japan, I know that mosquitoes are tiny little antichrists which must be destroyed en masse.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2769 on: July 29, 2016, 03:20:52 PM »
oh man this is just great... for some reason my hearing is weird today and I hear very slight buzzing in my right ear :doge
The mosquito is trapped in your ear canal.  I hope it doesn't die in there and cause an infection.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2770 on: July 29, 2016, 03:43:34 PM »
Ive actually had the same thing after fighting musquitos a few times, their sound stays in the ear

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2771 on: July 29, 2016, 03:43:51 PM »
oh man this is just great... for some reason my hearing is weird today and I hear very slight buzzing in my right ear :doge
The mosquito is trapped in your ear canal.  I hope it doesn't die in there and cause an infection.

or lay eggs

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #2772 on: July 29, 2016, 08:42:31 PM »
there isn't a single good app out there on Android that will let me edit the id3 tags of multiple files and because of this i am filled with the deepest darkest glenn shinobiish rage. every dickbag that puts an id3 editor on the app store but doesn't include this simple feature - i hope you die a painful humiliating death

FUCK
pcp

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2773 on: July 30, 2016, 01:46:34 PM »
Last night I had a terrible nightmare that I posted something stupid on reddit and everyone hated me.

Also I'm sick and have a fever and diarrhea.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2774 on: July 30, 2016, 03:12:38 PM »
Less exposure to other people's germs.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2775 on: July 30, 2016, 05:54:13 PM »
Briefly in the USA, decided to use my US Amazon Prime sub to watch some streaming videos. App gives me streaming errors, tells me to "check back later."

Load Pandora for the first time in ages, since it doesn't stream internationally. Audio ads after every two songs, visual ads obscure the cover art constantly, and it's asking me to try a free trial which enables the subscription function, so I'll pay money if I forget to turn it off after a week.

Can't wait for Immortan Trump to start the guzzoline brushfire which will bring America back to Greatness™.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #2776 on: July 30, 2016, 10:06:11 PM »
Went to load up a new xbox live gold code and had to hassle xbox customer support since they apparently put a hold on your account if an old credit card expires.

Had a small get-together for my little brother's 9th birthday and the planning was a total shit show with the divorce and everything. It still came together but ended up resulting in several hours outside in the 80 degree sun. Not a real struggle because I guess I felt only momentarily guilty for shouting at people.

Now I have to harness enough liquids and caffeine to go out to a hookah bar. I'm probably going to fall asleep there.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #2777 on: July 31, 2016, 11:13:17 AM »
Trying to fix my brother's laptop (HP Pavilion). The keyboard isn't working. I've tried every tip I could find, make sure sticky keys weren't on etc. I randomly decided to hold down a bunch of keys last night and the keyboard started working...but an hour later it stopped working. Now when I hold down some keys (alt, ctrl, end, fn, arrows, etc) I get it to type for a second, or try to open an app, before the keyboard becomes unresponsive again.

Any ideas?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2778 on: July 31, 2016, 11:55:01 AM »
More than likely that's what he'll have to do. But still...

I turned on filter keys and while the keyboard still doesn't work, I hear the filter key sound every time I press a key. Really seems like it isn't broken but I can't figure it out.

edit: turned on "Turn On Bounce Keys" and the keyboard works, but very slowly.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2779 on: July 31, 2016, 11:59:21 AM »
Trying to fix my brother's laptop (HP Pavilion). The keyboard isn't working. I've tried every tip I could find, make sure sticky keys weren't on etc. I randomly decided to hold down a bunch of keys last night and the keyboard started working...but an hour later it stopped working. Now when I hold down some keys (alt, ctrl, end, fn, arrows, etc) I get it to type for a second, or try to open an app, before the keyboard becomes unresponsive again.

Any ideas?

Yeah, I dunno man. Have you tried uninstalling keyboard drivers from Device Manager?
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2780 on: July 31, 2016, 12:08:48 PM »
Yea no luck there. Right now I have the keyboard working with Filter Keys w/Bounce Keys. I can type normally with it, but if you hit the same key twice there's a delay lol.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2781 on: July 31, 2016, 12:19:02 PM »
Fixed it. Turned Filter Keys on, Bounce Keys on, then turned Filter Keys off. Increased the cursor blink rate and now it's working like normal.

Dunno what the fuck happened but I'll take the W

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #2782 on: July 31, 2016, 12:32:58 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

This gif perfectly encompasses Drake's career.

Not really, at all. Drake would be the one scoring after stealing another dude's ball.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #2783 on: July 31, 2016, 11:08:33 PM »
Couldn't find my wine opener so had to push the cork into the bottle

Then had to drink the whole bottle. Rough life
dur

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #2784 on: August 01, 2016, 04:00:41 AM »
The musquito larve in your ear are eating their way into your brain

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2785 on: August 01, 2016, 05:43:59 AM »
Local gas equipment maintenance agency cannot be reached for they receive "too many calls". A simple busy signal would have been quicker and simpler then.
Been holding the line over 20mn at the employement agency.

Fuck automated phone services.
ὕβρις

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2786 on: August 02, 2016, 12:31:49 AM »
Car was all paid off but really running on its last few legs. Gotta do emissions and I know it wont pass. Was planning on getting a new car next January looks like I gotta do that now instead of paying $500 for an old clunker that I'd use for like 4 months. :goty
que

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #2787 on: August 02, 2016, 02:39:52 AM »
How will you sell the car without passing smog? A car that just works and isn't something exotic with crazy maintenance costs will fetch at least a couple grand. The best deal might be to sell it to an autoshop.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2788 on: August 02, 2016, 07:55:38 AM »
Not willing for fork over an extra few bucks for someone to pass emissions for you?

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2789 on: August 02, 2016, 12:33:17 PM »
It's really on its last few miles. At this point any money spent on maintaining it is a loss.
I'd pay the extra to have someone pass it, but I'm California. They'd get more jail time than most rapists.
que

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2790 on: August 02, 2016, 12:54:40 PM »
Fucking Commiefornia

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2791 on: August 03, 2016, 06:55:30 PM »
Had a guy who looks to me as a mentor call me up a few months ago wanting some job advice. He was working for consulting firm but didn't like it. And really he wasn't cut out for it. So we spend hours talking and I was like "Dude you gotta be prepared to be unemployed for up to 6 months or so with your skill set and your geographical location. You'll find something but not right away. But it's probably for the best, you're not really up for the consulting game right now. Settle down into a job where you're comfortable. You'll do better." Four months later I get a call from this guy saying "My old company asked if I could come back. What do you think?" I told him if he didn't like it before why would he consider again? He said it had been four months without anything and he wanted to give it one more shot. I told him "You gotta be ready to put in a year at least. You come back and leave again it'll impact your career negatively. Don't bother going back unless you can give them a good year."

Got a call this morning from the guy telling me that after 6 weeks he's quitting again because he doesn't like it. :comeon
que

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2792 on: August 03, 2016, 07:06:43 PM »
Had a guy who looks to me as a mentor call me up a few months ago wanting some job advice. He was working for consulting firm but didn't like it. And really he wasn't cut out for it. So we spend hours talking and I was like "Dude you gotta be prepared to be unemployed for up to 6 months or so with your skill set and your geographical location. You'll find something but not right away. But it's probably for the best, you're not really up for the consulting game right now. Settle down into a job where you're comfortable. You'll do better." Four months later I get a call from this guy saying "My old company asked if I could come back. What do you think?" I told him if he didn't like it before why would he consider again? He said it had been four months without anything and he wanted to give it one more shot. I told him "You gotta be ready to put in a year at least. You come back and leave again it'll impact your career negatively. Don't bother going back unless you can give them a good year."

Got a call this morning from the guy telling me that after 6 weeks he's quitting again because he doesn't like it. :comeon

Apparently he doesn't look up to you too much.  :hitler
©@©™

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2793 on: August 03, 2016, 09:24:06 PM »
I admit that I smile when I give good advice when people ask for it, they ignore it, and they totally get burned :doge

Some people are the type that got to find that shit out on their own, which I can respect in a way.
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2794 on: August 03, 2016, 09:28:29 PM »
I know that feel. I've thought about quitting for awhile, living off investments/saving for a year, traveling etc. But I know I'm not going to pull the trigger.

pick a career you actually like, brehs. Don't just pick something because the money is nice or you know you'll get employed.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2795 on: August 04, 2016, 11:14:56 AM »
Couldn't get to sleep till 4am. fuck.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2796 on: August 04, 2016, 02:18:22 PM »
Regular, or cruncher?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #2797 on: August 04, 2016, 03:44:21 PM »
Been in high-desert here in Idaho for the better part of two weeks. Whatever my nose had been tolerating until now, well, it gave up. Today my nose is egesting viscous fluids that look like leftovers from a John Carpenter movie. :yuck

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2798 on: August 04, 2016, 04:46:12 PM »
Regular, or cruncher?

cruncher? :doge

regular I guess

I like them more than regular Snickers.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2799 on: August 04, 2016, 04:53:25 PM »
Ate five snickers bars in one sitting

Felt bad... about the fact that I didn't buy more candy bars :doge

Later today I did the walk of shame back to my supermarket to buy more... and saw those motherfuckers were out of stock!! :rofl

Well they probably had some in the back that they forgot to put on the shelf but I'd feel like to much of a druggie to ask them if they had any more (Image removed from quote.) so I bought alternatives

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2800 on: August 04, 2016, 05:04:00 PM »
Dufus is a dufus when he's hungry. 

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2801 on: August 04, 2016, 05:42:45 PM »
So long as you lose all those calories you only have to worry about your teeth.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2802 on: August 06, 2016, 11:08:42 AM »
So yesterday I broke down and bought that car. Then while I was there my phone bit it. So a new car and a new phone in one day. :goty
que

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2803 on: August 06, 2016, 12:30:33 PM »
So yesterday I broke down and bought that car. Then while I was there my phone bit it. So a new car and a new phone in one day. :goty

Those minority spending habits coming through
:lawd

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2804 on: August 12, 2016, 10:51:48 AM »
God I hate molly coddling in corporate environments. Such a waste of time. After 6 separate meetings I get called into yet another meeting with this team to try and convince them about all the benefits of getting off their 20 year old platform I get called into another meeting with 14 people so a director can hem and haw about how they don't feel there they need to move because they're not getting enough bells and whistles. After 2 hours of this I snapped and was like "Why are we even here? This is stupid. That platform is 20 years old, you wouldn't even use a phone that is more than 3 years old but your business is running on something that is 20. It's all on unsupported software that no one even knows anymore, so if it goes down there's going to be smoking crater. That's the backup plan. If that system goes down for 3 days you WILL be on the national news. Do you want to be stuck holding that bill when the media comes to your CEO and asks why you were on 20 year old platform and your answer is going to be that you didn't get enough bells and whistles? If you do, that's fine. Just sign a paper saying so and we're done. If not, then come up with a reasonable alternative plan, knowing that it's taken 2 years to come up with this one, or pay the money for this one. We've had 6 meetings on this. Either way, stop wasting your company's money on this and decide"

They agreed  :jawalrus

Now just meetings with 8 more directors like this one :brazilcry

Really this company messaged this wrong from the beginning. Instead of being like "If you'd please we'd like to get our critical systems updated so we're not so much at risk. If you have the time and money we'd appreciate it. Pretty please." They should've been like "These systems are a risk to our critical company processes and need to be updated. Please put the money up to update these. If you don't please send an email to me and the CIO detailing you're taking responsibility if the system comes down." Really a simple problem to fix. But everyone's so scared of everyone's toes that they're just paralyzed.
que

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #2805 on: August 12, 2016, 11:10:15 AM »
One thing I love about my company is how no one is married to our systems or processes.  I've never ran into a situation where selling them on a reasonable alternative is a brick wall.  They are generally very receptive to well thought out improvements. 

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #2806 on: August 12, 2016, 11:38:43 AM »
250 grams sugar is about 7 cans of coca cola

That's fucking scary. Soda is demonic, friends.

I should mention that when I went to get candy I also bought a ton of vegetables. Gonna make some vegetable stock tomorrow, and some rice salad.

I'm 140 pounds atm, fyi :hitler

Damn you're surely in the normal bmi range. With how you talk about yourself sometimes I thought you were more like 240.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2807 on: August 12, 2016, 12:46:44 PM »
Ya I assume Dufus is a fatty too. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2808 on: August 12, 2016, 12:47:05 PM »
Also that assumption is staying contrary to evidence. 

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2809 on: August 12, 2016, 02:53:35 PM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2810 on: August 12, 2016, 03:43:32 PM »
Clean ass
©@©™

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2811 on: August 13, 2016, 01:34:46 PM »
Great. Now you'll be a strong self-hating machine.
que

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2812 on: August 13, 2016, 02:19:29 PM »
Great. Now you'll be a strong self-hating machine.

Guess I truly will be the real life Gutts.
I got your back breh

spoiler (click to show/hide)
pause
[close]

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #2813 on: August 13, 2016, 03:07:00 PM »
if only I can get a black girlfriend like Caska.

This might be the most :expert sentence ever uttered on the Bore

Sigh and you were doing so good Dufus.

Sign here for your L

:foxx
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 03:34:23 PM by Am_I_Anonymous »
YMMV

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #2814 on: August 13, 2016, 05:58:05 PM »

I should mention that when I went to get candy I also bought a ton of vegetables. Gonna make some vegetable stock tomorrow, and some rice salad.

Damn you're surely in the normal bmi range. With how you talk about yourself sometimes I thought you were more like 240.

I'm 240 :-\
UK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2815 on: August 13, 2016, 06:34:08 PM »
hahahahahahaa

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2816 on: August 13, 2016, 06:37:35 PM »
:lol

I'm laughing at him laughing at you T, not just straight up laughing at you.  That would be rude.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #2817 on: August 13, 2016, 07:17:40 PM »

I'm 240 :-\

pssh yeah but you only keep a dad-bod because you know that's what MILFs like.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2818 on: August 13, 2016, 07:55:55 PM »
I'm not just straight up laughing at you either, faT234. I'm laughing because you turned out to be just as much of a fatass as brawn thought you were.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #2819 on: August 13, 2016, 08:21:03 PM »
filler, just shaddup. I'm gonna guess you haven't been here for long enough to understand the respect we have for a man like Thor. I don't care if a guy is slightly overweight, there's no reason to want to pile on him unless you were like a self-hating former chubby guy.

I also have no idea what your name was before or how long you've been here. Are you cormac?