Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 918286 times)

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #3360 on: January 16, 2017, 08:07:37 PM »
I think I would piss in my shower before I pissed in my sink. :doge
WDW

Tasty

« Reply #3361 on: January 16, 2017, 08:12:02 PM »
I think I would piss in my shower before I pissed in my sink. :doge

Exactly.

Tasty

« Reply #3362 on: January 16, 2017, 08:24:57 PM »
I stopped doing that four or so years ago when I noticed yellow beads forming on the low parts of my bathroom walls from the coagulated condensation. :kobeyuck

Not like I did it much before that either. Zero tolerance these days.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #3363 on: January 17, 2017, 12:30:42 AM »
Well I had today off and I've never pissed in a sink or drank German wine. Instead I had near-Michelin® food and then took a nice long nap with my gf, then we were mid-amorous activities when her shih tzu jumped right between us and kept trying to smell my crotchal region. He was adamant about it and I had to zip up and she was laughing at my sexual assault. :'(

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #3364 on: January 17, 2017, 12:35:25 AM »
I stopped doing that four or so years ago when I noticed yellow beads forming on the low parts of my bathroom walls from the coagulated condensation. :kobeyuck

Not like I did it much before that either. Zero tolerance these days.

You weren't aiming straight for the drain?  :doge

G The Resurrected

« Reply #3365 on: January 17, 2017, 01:55:21 AM »
I got a car  :(

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3366 on: January 17, 2017, 02:41:15 AM »
Worked overtime through the weekend, midnight each night, Fri/Sat/Sun, and my Monday deliverable was based on a deprecated design document.  :-\

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3367 on: January 17, 2017, 12:24:11 PM »
That sucks Chrono. I just had someone do this not too long ago, but it was his fault. I was like "Did you not read the design spec?", "Uh, yeah I did. Version 10 duh!", "Umm.we're on version 12 now and you're on an email announcing it a few days ago."

My inconvenience, An illness is going through the family. Started with the youngest, then moved to my wife and the rest of the kids. Luckily we know its about a 24ish hour bug. But it sucks as, one by one everyone gets taken out for a day and it also sucks to sit and wonder "am I next?" I got work to do.
que

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3368 on: January 17, 2017, 01:17:21 PM »
Another tire exploded on me today  :lol

The pot holes in Michigan are terrible. One destroyed my dad's car last year and a few months ago a friend of mine almost got into a huge accident after one fucked up his car's alignment. The constant hits have caused my tires to lose more air than normal, and this morning I realized I was nearly flat in one tire. I figured I could get to Belle Tire before work and top it off with some free air...nope. Foggy as fuck, drove over what seemed like a normal pot hole and my tire blew. Kept driving until I got there, as people stared. Luckily it was early enough so that there wasn't a line and I only was there 30-40 minutes.

Having to listen to Fox News spew bullshit about race/John Lewis/Trump with me being the only black person in the building
:whew

« Reply #3369 on: January 17, 2017, 01:19:15 PM »
PD, why not get one of these? You can't properly inflate your tires to the right PSI after driving on them anyway.

https://www.amazon.com/LifeLine-AAA-300-Volt-Compressor/dp/B000SL4AA2

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3370 on: January 17, 2017, 01:21:43 PM »
I ordered one this morning while at Bell Tire. Should have done it earlier.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3371 on: January 17, 2017, 03:42:05 PM »
I ordered one this morning while at Bell Tire.

Talk about living mas!
©@©™

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #3372 on: January 18, 2017, 09:06:26 AM »
Had a rather disturbing and vivid dream last night in which I received a face and eye transplant.

People in my dream kept on mentioning the ghastly post surgery scars on the back of my head.  :doge

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3373 on: January 18, 2017, 09:15:59 AM »
I haven't had a dream in ages.

I'm dead on the inside.
I only remember mine when I turn around to sleep for another two hours.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3374 on: January 18, 2017, 09:21:19 AM »
I had a dream about Magic the Gathering last night.
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #3375 on: January 18, 2017, 10:06:23 AM »
I had a dream that my doctor was also a piano teacher.

Music's the only medicine I need, baby.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3376 on: January 18, 2017, 03:58:14 PM »
Getting addicted to a clicker game again

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3377 on: January 18, 2017, 06:05:26 PM »
That sucks Chrono. I just had someone do this not too long ago, but it was his fault. I was like "Did you not read the design spec?", "Uh, yeah I did. Version 10 duh!", "Umm.we're on version 12 now and you're on an email announcing it a few days ago."

My inconvenience, An illness is going through the family. Started with the youngest, then moved to my wife and the rest of the kids. Luckily we know its about a 24ish hour bug. But it sucks as, one by one everyone gets taken out for a day and it also sucks to sit and wonder "am I next?" I got work to do.

Dodge that virus!

I managed to get all of the fixes in against the newest design document in one more 12 hour day, so it all works out.  The feedback the following day was pure amazement, and the little praise monkey that lives inside my head was very happy. There are days I want to beat the shit out of that praise monkey.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3378 on: January 21, 2017, 12:38:39 AM »
It's midnight and the person in front of me at Taco Bell just ordered $30 worth of food. Just get half dozen $1 items like normal midnight Taco Bell diner, you fucks.
©@©™

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #3379 on: January 21, 2017, 12:53:52 AM »
Tfw you've strapped on your smartwool socks and winter boots but then get an itch on the side of your foot  :brazilcry

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3380 on: January 25, 2017, 12:57:56 AM »
So the virus finally caught me.

To make it better this conversation happened today, "hey puppy, this is Kelly. Kelly this is puppy. He's the guy everyone goes to for relationship advice"
(Please keep in mind I have a fever of 102 and have been working so I wasn't as bright as I should have been)
Kelly says, "so my husband just came out as bi. I want to be supportive but I'm a little hurt"
Like a genius I replied, "well, just because he's attracted to women doesn't mean he'll cheat."
"I AM a woman!'
"Oh....."

To be fair, she was a very manly woman. I just thought she was his husband.
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3381 on: January 25, 2017, 02:13:22 AM »
So the virus finally caught me.

To make it better this conversation happened today, "hey puppy, this is Kelly. Kelly this is puppy. He's the guy everyone goes to for relationship advice"
(Please keep in mind I have a fever of 102 and have been working so I wasn't as bright as I should have been)
Kelly says, "so my husband just came out as bi. I want to be supportive but I'm a little hurt"
Like a genius I replied, "well, just because he's attracted to women doesn't mean he'll cheat."
"I AM a woman!'
"Oh....."

To be fair, she was a very manly woman. I just thought she was his husband.

TRIUMPH thread is thataway
:ufup

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #3382 on: January 25, 2017, 03:04:58 AM »
Mom is coming over today to stay for a few days, need to clean the entire house, but I really wanted to play Ryse and apply for jobs  :'(

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3383 on: January 25, 2017, 08:09:34 AM »
Ryse is pretty damn good.  Do that instead.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3384 on: January 25, 2017, 10:32:52 PM »
Holy fuck. I can't even. My wife's uncle just posted something to the family group on facebook about how the true mission behind CERN is to open an alternate dimension so they can unleash SATAN upon the world! Is there nothing these people will NOT believe? Other than Obama created jobs and largely did a fair job as president? It seems NOTHING is too unbelievably silly for these people.  I posted about how now we know it's Satan that creates mass. Hopefully I'll get kicked out of the group even better, maybe someone will think "he's right, that's silly."
que

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3385 on: January 26, 2017, 08:28:01 AM »
Was expecting my Surface Pro to be delivered today but woke up this morning to find a big ass yellow "DELAYED" on the UPS tracking page.  I paid for expedited shipping so I could get it this week and now it looks like it will be delivered Monday... the same delivery date if they had gone USPS non expedited shipping.   :doge

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #3386 on: January 26, 2017, 09:26:06 AM »
Holy fuck. I can't even. My wife's uncle just posted something to the family group on facebook about how the true mission behind CERN is to open an alternate dimension so they can unleash SATAN upon the world! Is there nothing these people will NOT believe? Other than Obama created jobs and largely did a fair job as president? It seems NOTHING is too unbelievably silly for these people.  I posted about how now we know it's Satan that creates mass. Hopefully I'll get kicked out of the group even better, maybe someone will think "he's right, that's silly."

Tell him some dude on the internet says to lay off the jesus and smoke more weed.
©ZH

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3387 on: January 26, 2017, 07:33:41 PM »

The aunt I'd mentioned earlier, the one who went Full Trump prior to the election has started posting just about any Fake News site she can find with the most insane, unbelievable shit. These fake news sites have people chasing their own tails in apoplectic fits. She says, "How can Obama explain this?!" and "I'd like to know how this is possible."

It's not. Sit down. Have an alka-seltzer.

In the end, I chose to stop following her, because riding range on someone who's actively seeking the crazy in all the areas crazy isn't even happening? It's well beyond my capacity.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3388 on: January 26, 2017, 08:41:07 PM »

The aunt I'd mentioned earlier, the one who went Full Trump prior to the election has started posting just about any Fake News site she can find with the most insane, unbelievable shit. These fake news sites have people chasing their own tails in apoplectic fits. She says, "How can Obama explain this?!" and "I'd like to know how this is possible."

I've always gotten the idea that people who believe in all kinds of crazy shit are dealing with something in their personal lives, something emotionally distressing, that makes them cling to shit like that. The crazy shit they post is a manifestation of their mental perturbations.

Yeah, last year she lost a number of people. At her age, that's sadly the norm, but I imagine it's no less distressing. If it feels like the world is collapsing, additional pattern matching becomes easier. Of course, assuming Trump would fix all the things he said he would, one might as well just go to church and pray; at the very least, it would be less destructive.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #3389 on: January 28, 2017, 08:37:14 PM »
Lost my wine opener. Youtube tricks didn't help.

Now I guess I'll just have to push the cork in and drink the bottle tonight
dur

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3390 on: January 28, 2017, 08:47:52 PM »
My local liquor store didn't have Oban, and I retreated to a fresh bottle of Laphroaig, only to realize I don't like it as much as Oban.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3391 on: January 28, 2017, 09:05:17 PM »

Jelly?

That's just my home collection too

Struggle: I can't buy a bottle of ardbeg uigeadail here :(

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3392 on: January 28, 2017, 09:15:38 PM »
Yeah, jelly. Nice collection!

I've only got the Oban and the Laphroaig Quarter Cask; it was the same price as the 10 year for some reason. I'm going to get a couple rye whiskies to accompany them.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3393 on: January 28, 2017, 09:16:08 PM »
FWIW, I think Uigeadail is what I had at a local whisky bar last week. It was good, but pricey.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3394 on: January 28, 2017, 09:25:07 PM »
QC is 10$ cheaper than the 10 here and I like it a lot better.  The Cairdeas 16 is better than QC though. 

I don't actually like rye, which seems treasonous. 

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3395 on: January 29, 2017, 02:30:36 AM »
I had a super weird Bore dream, and now I feel weird browsing here.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3396 on: January 29, 2017, 02:45:55 AM »
QC is 10$ cheaper than the 10 here and I like it a lot better.  The Cairdeas 16 is better than QC though. 

I don't actually like rye, which seems treasonous.

Yeah, the Cairdeas is pretty great. I had some of by BIL's when in California over the break. He has a nice collection. It's all good, but I think it would take me a few years to get bored of Oban.

I'm having more Laphroaig QC today and enjoying it.

HIGH FIVE (don't put me in your murder rape dungeon)
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Only the rape dungeon; I promise to act scared so you can stay hard.
Apparently Laphroaig makes me dark.
[close]
[close]

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #3397 on: January 30, 2017, 01:03:29 PM »

Was there any butt stuff, butt? :shaq
©ZH

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3398 on: January 30, 2017, 04:57:57 PM »
Ordered a bunch of stuff from Amazon recently.

-One game was used.  The description said "like new."  I get it and sure enough, it looks great.  Fantastic condition.  Somebody slapped a sticker on the case, however, so I go to peel it off and it leaves residue.  I take out the insert and notice that they've also cut out part of the UPC.   :-\  So back it goes.  Ordered a new copy instead.  Was only $10 more anyway.

-Another game was the PAL version.   :lol  This was from a seller's storefront, and they say they only give back 85% on returns for unwanted items.  Fuck that...not my fault they didn't put a proper description.   :doge

-Finally, and much more importantly, I saw some bracelets I thought my wife would like and ordered them for her birthday.  Got them today and they look like cheap shit.  In fact, doing a search for similar products shows me ones that are in fact on sale cheap.  So back this shit goes, too.  :dizzy

I told my wife about it and she was like "I wouldn't want that anyway."
:dead

It wasn't too expensive as far as jewelry goes-- only $100.  She said that she'd rather just go eat at a nice place instead.   :lol
ど助平

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #3399 on: January 30, 2017, 05:28:25 PM »
Fell asleep earlier for 3 hours, and now won't be able to sleep at a decent time.  :stahp

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3400 on: January 30, 2017, 05:33:35 PM »

-One game was used.  The description said "like new."  I get it and sure enough, it looks great.  Fantastic condition.  Somebody slapped a sticker on the case, however, so I go to peel it off and it leaves residue.  I take out the insert and notice that they've also cut out part of the UPC.   :-\  So back it goes.  Ordered a new copy instead.  Was only $10 more anyway.

-Another game was the PAL version.   :lol  This was from a seller's storefront, and they say they only give back 85% on returns for unwanted items.  Fuck that...not my fault they didn't put a proper description.   :doge

-Finally, and much more importantly, I saw some bracelets I thought my wife would like and ordered them for her birthday.  Got them today and they look like cheap shit.  In fact, doing a search for similar products shows me ones that are in fact on sale cheap.  So back this shit goes, too.  :dizzy

It wasn't too expensive as far as jewelry goes-- only $100.  She said that she'd rather just go eat at a nice place instead.   :lol

taco bell will make everything right
©@©™

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #3401 on: January 30, 2017, 05:39:07 PM »
Who was fellating who? That's what I would like to know. :doge

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
« Reply #3402 on: January 31, 2017, 05:40:07 AM »

I gave up on buying jewelry I'm not specifically instructed to buy. It's too expensive versus the chance that I choose anything she likes.
brb

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3403 on: January 31, 2017, 09:03:20 AM »

I gave up on buying jewelry I'm not specifically instructed to buy. It's too expensive versus the chance that I choose anything she likes.

Yeah.  She appreciated the thought but really didn't care.  She actually wants a picture frame made to fit a large jigsaw puzzle she got a while back, so...OK.  Will see if someone sells puzzle-sized frames online.
ど助平

PlayDat

« Reply #3404 on: February 01, 2017, 07:00:22 PM »
The new Youtube design broke one of my favorite extensions.

Ratings Preview's been updated in the past so I have a feeling a fix is on the way.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3405 on: February 01, 2017, 07:59:58 PM »
My sister-in-law gave me more shit again.  My wife's birthday is tomorrow so she called her to give birthday wishes.  She likes to put the phone in front of her baby while she talks, so I was in the background being goofy with my hand.  At some point she just goes off for no reason (I hadn't said a word the entire call) and starts telling me SHINE SHINE SHINE SHINE DEBU SHINE SHINE SHINE, so I flipped her off and she lost it.  :lol  My wife said she was saying I started it.   :doge

Still having problems with this one.  I've been having a back and forth with the seller, who keeps claiming that they labeled it as PAL and the box art is the PAL version.  I took a screenshot of the Amazon listing and showed them that it does not display this and they did not say "PAL" anywhere.  Just region-free.  :lol

So I opened a claim with Amazon.  Meanwhile I ordered another copy of the game from another seller.  Hope this isn't the same thing again.  The game in question is Yakuza 4 and I keep seeing PAL and Japanese copies everywhere for sale.
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3406 on: February 01, 2017, 09:34:28 PM »
Your SIL is a piece of work. Hope you guys don't let it affect you.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #3407 on: February 01, 2017, 10:01:52 PM »
SHINE SHINE SHINE SHINE DEBU SHINE SHINE SHINE

Gonna use this
rub

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3408 on: February 01, 2017, 10:19:31 PM »
Japan is really sensitive on the "die!" and "I'm gonna kill you" stuff. In the USA, friends would say it casually to each other, but here people get upset, so no-one does it. Bork's SIL is wayyyyyy beyond the fucking pale in this insult.

edit:
:expert
[close]

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3409 on: February 01, 2017, 11:40:52 PM »
Japan is really sensitive on the "die!" and "I'm gonna kill you" stuff. In the USA, friends would say it casually to each other, but here people get upset, so no-one does it. Bork's SIL is wayyyyyy beyond the fucking pale in this insult.

edit:
:expert
[close]

She may have just shot herself in the foot.
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3410 on: February 02, 2017, 07:02:41 AM »
My male cat decided he liked to chew and cut USB sized cable  :-\
Lost 2 headphones, 1 charger, 2 USB cable and just changed the keyboard and mouse for wireless.
ὕβρις

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #3411 on: February 02, 2017, 05:10:00 PM »
post pic kitteh pls
reckt

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3412 on: February 03, 2017, 07:36:47 AM »
Your SIL is a piece of work. Hope you guys don't let it affect you.

Makes me incredibly glad that I live on the other side of the world.  :lol

I feel bad for her husband though.  The kid, too.  I can't see that marriage as having happened for any reason apart from him knocking her up.  She was acting like a completely different person in front of him and his family and then treating her own family members like dirt when they weren't around.  I doubt she'll be able to keep up the act forever and when the real crazy-psycho comes out (if it hasn't already), it's not gonna pretty.  Won't surprise me in the slightest if a divorce happens later on.  Come to think of it, she acted like that in front of me and when my parents came to visit when I was living over there and didn't turn into crazy bitch in front of me for a few months.  :doge 

The worst thing I ever saw was her kicking the door open to her parents' house, demanding money, and then going into their bedroom and just wrecking shit until they finally gave it to her.  She then turned around slammed the door and left.  She drove like one hour each way, during the middle of the week, to do this.  Then there was last year, when we went over there for the wedding.  She told my wife not to come after my wife said she was feeling a little sick after the flight, which pissed my wife off like crazy.  We were largely ignored at the ceremony.  My favorite part was that everyone's seats at the reception had little cards with their names and notes on the back of them with a personal message from the bride or groom.  Everyone got one except for myself and her parents.  I think my wife, too.  Forget me...I just couldn't believe that she treated her parents like shit like this.  Completely snubbed them.  Then later on I see her mom writing thank you notes for her daughter for presents she received and getting ready to go deliver them all over the prefecture to people.  I couldn't believe that they were going to do this.  I was told that if her parents didn't do it, she never would.

They spoiled her like crazy as a child and this is the result.  My wife likes to tell me that during high school, her sister would make her dad drive her to school every day.  Note that this was a school in town, and if you're familiar with Japan, you know that kids walk or bike to school.  Not her.  Probably needs to see a therapist or whatever and get on some meds, but I doubt it will ever happen.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 07:51:36 AM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3413 on: February 03, 2017, 08:51:17 PM »
^ She sounds like a fucking spoiled brat.

Do you and your wife not live together btw? Not prying, just curious because of how you worded things.

Anyway, speaking of Japanese family: My FIL is kinda crazy too. He owns his own business up in Akita (where my husband is from) so he keeps acting like he's hot shit, and I really despise how he treats his son. He'll not only belittle him, but he'll step on him too. And there usually just aren't any reasons for it. Whenever he comes to Tokyo for business, he never asks to meet his granddaughter. She's 1,5 years and he only met her once. He only wants to go drinking with my husband. And when they're outside, he'll just sit for hours and tell his son how great of a man he (himself) is and how much he has accomplished. So naturally my husband feels mentally drained and down when he comes home. My husband's half-sister once told me her dad is forcing her to go to dentist school, and she reeeeeally doesn't want to be a dentist, but she's too afraid to say anything, so she's just going with it.

Let it be known that my husband's other sister has been avoiding their dad for maybe 15 years, because he would give her massive panic attacks with his behavior. Also, he doesn't care to visit any of his grandchildren. Either way, we're better off without him. I'm glad he lives half a country away. lol

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3414 on: February 03, 2017, 09:13:23 PM »
Sorry to hear that, butt.

You guys are making me feel really, really lucky.

Also, I thought butt was a dude. I mean, butt could still be a dude except there's no legal same-sex marriage (edit: in Japan).

This hole I'm digging for myself seems to be getting deeper.

I think Bork's SIL needs mental help, and her family needs to stop enabling her abhorrent behavior.

:oldmanshoutsatcloud.gif
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 11:10:47 PM by chronovore »

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3415 on: February 03, 2017, 10:56:19 PM »
I could be many things, I'm very flexible and open-minded. :-* (edit: why isn't the only cute emoji working)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3416 on: February 04, 2017, 12:04:39 AM »
You may have accidentally checked "Don't use smileys" below the text area.

Shuri

« Reply #3417 on: February 04, 2017, 09:48:01 AM »
I wake up, have breakfast, decide i'm in the mood for some music. I walk to my music setup.. And hear random burst of statics coming out from my speakers.

Of course, it turns out that the left speaker is dead  :doge

:snoop fucking AudioEngine A5+ setup died.

at least there's a 3 years warranty, but its going to be a bitch to get fixed here in Montreal

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3418 on: February 04, 2017, 11:30:01 AM »
post pic kitteh pls

Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 11:36:42 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #3419 on: February 04, 2017, 11:53:16 AM »
Look at these awesome cats I found just waiting to be claimed as mine!

rub