Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 - We're finally Next-Gen!  (Read 163352 times)

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 - "2077" Refers To The Number of Bugs
« Reply #1380 on: December 14, 2020, 04:40:43 PM »
so far i have just been mucking around with side content. haven't had a lot of time to play, only just started the heist. paid back viktor, and love just running round the city lootin' and shootin'. also got through that maelstrom event without aggroing them (paid 'em off out of my own pocket because fuck meredith/corpo trash).

i had a heap of cash after getting into crafting. i didn't focus on it especially, but i read that those vending machines that sell stuff for $10 (not the fiver ones) give you a positive return if you buy the cans, deconstruct them and craft guns to resell from them if you've got the right perks, so every time i happen to see those machines while running around I buy em out, then go craft a bunch of weapons and resell. definitely adds up and my crafting skill is p high because of it. tech weapons seem pretty shite atm, but i am heavily invested in that so i'll see where it goes, engineering (mainly crafting grenades to bomb groups to oblivion) and a few stealth attribute perks (extra crit/faster movement while crouched etc). basically only invested in the tech attribute so far with intelligence and cool being medium. body and reflexes still at minimum.
◕‿◕

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1381 on: December 14, 2020, 06:03:48 PM »
I’ve heard the side jobs are some of the best content in the game but nearly everyone I’ve had so far has been do activity x times trash with a couple of actual story focused ones thrown in :hmph

Sorry losers, but I’ve been spoiled by yakuza like a dragon pissing hot content all over my face at every turn, it makes this game come across as ubitrash in comparison :rash
I had a friend over this weekend and showed him the game.

I didn't want to do anything spoilerific so I just did some side missions.
Usually those were shoot outs or something.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lo and behold, I arrive at this dumpster motel and some guy comes running out without pants.
Talking about how his dick got stuck in a Terminator X5 or something like that. Had to drive him over to the doctor to save his junk while he was crying and moaning in my car.
[close]

:dead

Next I did find a shoot bang mission. Anyway my breh really wants to play this but he only has an Xbox One. So I told him to wait for a bit  :doge
🤴

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1382 on: December 14, 2020, 07:21:38 PM »
Guess who just commuted a hate crime?

ME
[close]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1383 on: December 14, 2020, 11:53:41 PM »
dog

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1384 on: December 15, 2020, 01:51:07 AM »
Any thoughts on which arm implant to use?

My play style is all over the place. I basically use all weapon types, stealth, and hacking depending on my mood  :lol though intelligence and cool are my highest attributes.

I heard the arm cannon is borderline broken  :thinking
Margs

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1385 on: December 15, 2020, 02:08:22 AM »
I thought you’d be an expert in this field :doge
(ice)

Coax

« Reply #1386 on: December 15, 2020, 02:20:48 AM »
Motorcycles are the shit in this game. Speeding through the rainy, raytraced night streets in search of new clothes, while making sliding sharp turns---half the time since the nav map barely gives you notice at these speeds and half for the cool factor :jawalrus :aah

https://a.uguu.se/zQimdQFV.mp4

BIONIC

« Reply #1387 on: December 15, 2020, 02:48:48 AM »
I thought you’d be an expert in this field :doge

I’m feeling very unsafe about my identity right now  :jeanluc
Margs

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

BIONIC

« Reply #1389 on: December 15, 2020, 03:16:20 AM »
So apparently according to the investor conference call, they didn’t have a proper QA team for this game. They just had the devs test iterative builds while working from home  :titus
Margs

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1390 on: December 15, 2020, 03:33:37 AM »
I’ve heard the side jobs are some of the best content in the game but nearly everyone I’ve had so far has been do activity x times trash with a couple of actual story focused ones thrown in :hmph

Sorry losers, but I’ve been spoiled by yakuza like a dragon pissing hot content all over my face at every turn, it makes this game come across as ubitrash in comparison :rash
The Taxi collection quest is one of the best checklist sidequests I've seen in a game.

:drudge Easter Egg Spoiler :drudge
It even has a Portal easter egg segment that isn't embarassing trash.
[close]
He calls you back after that, so if you haven't seen that yet, don't read the spoiler.
You get a choice to either reset Delemain or merge him with his 'children'. You need 10 Int to merge them, but my V only had 7.  :notlikethis
[close]

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1391 on: December 15, 2020, 03:35:22 AM »
So apparently according to the investor conference call, they didn’t have a proper QA team for this game. They just had the devs test iterative builds while working from home  :titus

Wtf
What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1392 on: December 15, 2020, 03:35:56 AM »
Motorcycles are the shit in this game. Speeding through the rainy, raytraced night streets in search of new clothes, while making sliding sharp turns---half the time since the nav map barely gives you notice at these speeds and half for the cool factor :jawalrus :aah

https://a.uguu.se/zQimdQFV.mp4
Wakako sells a Akira bike lookalike. I'm set for the rest of the game.

Coax

« Reply #1393 on: December 15, 2020, 03:43:35 AM »
Wakako sells a Akira bike lookalike.

I'm driving it in the video :P

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #1394 on: December 15, 2020, 04:11:17 AM »
Finally got to the title card. Shit is opening up. All I wanna fuckin do is play this game brehs

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1395 on: December 15, 2020, 05:06:32 AM »
Wakako sells a Akira bike lookalike.

I'm driving it in the video :P
:dead

I only drive in first-person, didn't recognize it.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1396 on: December 15, 2020, 07:45:58 AM »
Do you get to a point when you’re earning fat stacks? I can’t be arsed to cheese out monies via the vending exploit but want to buy some hot cybernetics and whips :stahp
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1397 on: December 15, 2020, 07:47:59 AM »
Ive been doing almost all of the gigs and sidequests as much as possible, selling the shit gear.

I paid off Victors debt and rn have about 30k.
What

BIONIC

« Reply #1398 on: December 15, 2020, 07:54:43 AM »
I just dismantle everything. Fuck going out of the way to access points.

If you have high enough intelligence, you can buy the perk that gives extra money from hacking access points. I get like 1000-1400 per, and it piles up quick.
Margs

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1399 on: December 15, 2020, 08:10:07 AM »
What is all this whining online about CDPR wanting to maliciously 'hide' the true state of the ps4 and xbox versions because they didnt send out review versions of those platforms

like lmao when has a developer EVER sent out a worse or inferior version to press when they could just as well send the best version?
What

Coax

« Reply #1400 on: December 15, 2020, 08:48:48 AM »
Gig: Many Ways to Skin a Cat has some fun gameplay for those taking a stealth approach. A micro heist side quest with good use of the space and multiple routes. Hope they pepper in more of these.

Do you get to a point when you’re earning fat stacks? I can’t be arsed to cheese out monies via the vending exploit but want to buy some hot cybernetics and whips :stahp

There's another benefit to all the uncommon/common components you get from disassembling all that stuff: you can upgrade your clothing's armor stats. So if you've found some combo you like you can stick with it instead of worrying as time goes on that they're too low stat.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 10:29:00 AM by Coax »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1401 on: December 15, 2020, 10:41:02 AM »
I got my first legendary gear last night from fighting a boss, a legendary shoes and also a gun
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1402 on: December 15, 2020, 11:21:10 AM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1403 on: December 15, 2020, 03:20:49 PM »

Fucking.

Dope.
What

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1404 on: December 15, 2020, 04:31:46 PM »

That is pretty amazing actually. The marketing team must have been shitting bricks every time they demoed the game.

This also reinforces my belief to wait 6 months after a big CDPR game launches before jumping in.

naff

« Reply #1405 on: December 15, 2020, 04:33:40 PM »
i need receipts, there's no way they don't have a QA team. what. lmao. as an sre that is insane to me  :lol
◕‿◕

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1406 on: December 15, 2020, 04:41:15 PM »
QA has been a real struggle during covid, hasnt it? I can totally believe that they never got a proper QA up and running.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1407 on: December 15, 2020, 05:01:30 PM »
This game becomes 100% better with a bike and it is already the best

🤴

BIONIC

« Reply #1408 on: December 15, 2020, 05:06:50 PM »
i need receipts, there's no way they don't have a QA team. what. lmao. as an sre that is insane to me  :lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/kdemr1/cd_projekt_red_emergency_board_call_recording/

One of the comments posted a summary. Dude could be full of shit, I dunno.

“ They also state earlier in the call there was limited QA testing done on the game, it was all done "in house" and no experienced third party contractors were used. CDPR employees played iterative builds of the game in their homes due to the pandemic and that's how they tested the game. They say there wasn't much attention put on the last generation console versions of the game. (you know, the consoles the game was originally made for before the delays)”
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1409 on: December 15, 2020, 05:10:43 PM »

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/kdemr1/cd_projekt_red_emergency_board_call_recording/

One of the comments posted a summary. Dude could be full of shit, I dunno.

“ They also state earlier in the call there was limited QA testing done on the game, it was all done "in house" and no experienced third party contractors were used. CDPR employees played iterative builds of the game in their homes due to the pandemic and that's how they tested the game. They say there wasn't much attention put on the last generation console versions of the game. (you know, the consoles the game was originally made for before the delays)”
I hear over at CDPR they use Xbox One and PS4 systems as door stops, vomit buckets, piss bottles, trash cans and ash trays :rash
This game was always made for PC :salute
🤴

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #1410 on: December 15, 2020, 06:22:09 PM »
No one told me the combat in this game would actually be fun, the guns have great sfx and vfx  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1411 on: December 15, 2020, 07:15:01 PM »
No one told me the combat in this game would actually be fun, the guns have great sfx and vfx  :doge
yeah combat is great, those subtle free-form gun movements when turning corners really make you feel like John Wick. But blades are very fun to use as well, especially Katana's.
I've seldom played an RPG with such a great battle system. Mass Effect and Deus Ex had 'great combat for an RPG'. Cyberpunk might as well be an action game and I'm only scratching the surface of the cybernetic implants and perks
:whew

🤴

naff

« Reply #1412 on: December 15, 2020, 07:19:53 PM »
makes me kinda wish i put more points into combat abilities. as it is i just wreck shit with nades or stealth kills, well i do use guns, but always in combination with a stream of nades. nades are OP
◕‿◕

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1413 on: December 15, 2020, 07:26:52 PM »
makes me kinda wish i put more points into combat abilities. as it is i just wreck shit with nades or stealth kills, well i do use guns, but always in combination with a stream of nades. nades are OP
I always forget I have nades but I find it a very challenging game still, especially when it comes to some of the side content.
Not yet at a point where I can walk into a bar and wreck shit without some sort of plan but getting there.

Also I keep missing my turns because the city looks so damn good. Now that the other areas are opened up this is on a whole new level with all this verticality.
You see like 6 highways stacked on top a eachother in the middle of the city and go like: "Yup, there must be a route there :thinking"

Today I did a stroll through the city and stumbled into a giant zen garden where I met a monk who gave me a meditation braindance.
[close]

A lot of conspiracies and misinformation have started hitting Reddit and ResetEra lol. People are now claiming that Keanu convinced them to give him a bigger role as late as 2019 which meant they had to rush and rework the story and the rest of the game.
The timeline they've gobbled together from vague statements about the development progression makes no sense at all. What is clear though is that a lot of elements in this game that people expected to be elaborate gameplay systems are window dressing and not the focus of what CDPR wanted to do.
But because they have put perhaps a bit too much effort into them you might get the feeling that they were supposed to be more important. The cops for example, cop chases are pretty much nonexistent as is driving AI.
The presence of police seems to be implemented as another mission obstacle like in Deus Ex or Assassins Creed rather than a 'cops vs. robbers' gameplay loop like GTA that can stand on its own.

I expect that down the line CP2077 will be a vastly different game as it is today as there are some great ideas being cooked up by the community that should be quite easy to implement with future DLC's with the building blocks already there.
Not sure what people remembered from Witcher 3 but that game was much the same. The locales were padded with NPC's that played no significant role to create atmosphere but weren't given elaborate AI's.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 08:00:03 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1414 on: December 15, 2020, 11:25:06 PM »

dog

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1415 on: December 15, 2020, 11:58:52 PM »

kings   :rejoice

Coax

« Reply #1416 on: December 16, 2020, 01:22:39 AM »
Reflecting on Giantbomb's earlier impressions I posted about it's surprising/puzzling how different my impressions have been with v1.04, released just a couple days after release. No spoilers here btw but is kinda wall of text-y.

- Gerstmann said he found firearm combat to be the most effective and hacking and stealth to be useless so he was changing to invest in the Body attribute as a result. I'll have to assume this was since he played on normal difficulty since on hard difficulty stealth and hacking are both effective and frequently the only way to successfully engage with some scenarios without getting killed in seconds. Also Body doesn't contain all the useful weapon/related perks. That's not to say if you're smart about it in various scenarios you can't just use weapons but if you're in an environment with less cover and the enemies hit hard you're likely to get fucked.

- Sidequests were critiqued for being all filler no killer essentially. He might have been further in than I am so perhaps the quality is more mixed later (though IIRC he's wasn't too far into Act 2?), but so far I'd say there's a decent blend of some thoughtful sidequests, a few meatier ones, along with a healthy amount of encapsulated sidequests that are like stealth challenges (eg: the 'Gig' variety). During Act 1 however I'll admit I was concerned at the lack of these but Act 2 is much better in that regard. I will say that the style of sidequests is generally nothing like TW3's more personal, backstory-based approach and more focused on stealth-action gameplay itself (which thankfully is solid), although I've encountered one sidequest that was in that vein.

- They found it to be so buggy to the point where Gestmann felt they needed a month of fixes. Admittedly they were playing a quasi-day 0 patch by the end and many others have made videos of bugs/glitches but I began on v1.04 and can count on one hand the amount of observable bugs I've discovered and they're all minor except one which might be considered moderate. Only had two crashes and both were in Act 1. I began TW3 after a few weeks worth of patches at release and that had more bugs than this. I'm stunned how smoothly the experience has been after all the buzz about bugs (not to mention if they didn't have a QA team, like wow). Perhaps my hardware setup is just brute forcing through the issues :doge
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 01:27:50 AM by Coax »

thetylerrob

« Reply #1417 on: December 16, 2020, 04:23:47 AM »
Stop giving Giant Bomb views please, it’s 2020 man you can do better. The reason none of his critique is lining is because he’s hyperbolic about everything and nobody else on that site cares to argue with him.

Coax

« Reply #1418 on: December 16, 2020, 04:38:22 AM »
lmao there's a Microsoft Clippy styled weapon :dead

Stop giving Giant Bomb views please, it’s 2020 man you can do better. The reason none of his critique is lining is because he’s hyperbolic about everything and nobody else on that site cares to argue with him.

Eh, I'm not a GB watcher but Jeff's livestream impressions were linked from a Reddit topic and I was interested in different points of view post-embargo. Wasn't aware that's how Jeff critiques things or goes unchallenged but it's something I'll keep it in mind.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1419 on: December 16, 2020, 09:27:40 AM »
I think Jeff is cool

But I also think his opinion on games is shit sometimes
What

Hamarr

« Reply #1420 on: December 16, 2020, 09:53:16 AM »
I haven’t run into too many bugs on the one X, but did have my first crash last night.  I also had some glitches during a conversation while my character was sitting.  The character I was talking to was glitching from sitting to standing to kind of squatting on a chair.

I keep going back and forth on the gun combat.  One session it feels great, and then the next it feels really sloppy and awkward.  I think that might be more my gun choice and myself rather than the game.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1421 on: December 16, 2020, 10:10:19 AM »
One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of Sony fanboys are anti-Cyberpunk because they can't stand anyone but Sony Worldwide Studios getting any attention or praise.

I'd hope that someone like Jeff is more professional than that, but he certainly has been getting accused of being a Sony fanboy.

A lot of it is probably just what patch level he played at.

lol last time I heard him say anything about Sony games he wasn’t a fan of them at all, especially of last of us, so it would be strange if he’s changed his tune since then
(ice)

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #1422 on: December 16, 2020, 10:22:15 AM »
Sometimes his mind is already made up.

Sometimes he joins in the zeitgeist of the dismissal of a game.
rub

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1423 on: December 16, 2020, 10:34:41 AM »
One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of Sony fanboys are anti-Cyberpunk because they can't stand anyone but Sony Worldwide Studios getting any attention or praise.

I'd hope that someone like Jeff is more professional than that, but he certainly has been getting accused of being a Sony fanboy.

A lot of it is probably just what patch level he played at.

lol last time I heard him say anything about Sony games he wasn’t a fan of them at all, especially of last of us, so it would be strange if he’s changed his tune since then

Yeah I don't pay attention enough to declare those accusations as having merit;  but I've seen the accusations.

Either way I just wanted to LOL about Sony fanboys, because they were having a fit over CyperPunk up until it's release, and now a lot of them are cheering how bad it runs.

I think the fanboy beef can be traced back to witcher 3 getting more shine in game of the year awards than bloodborne :girlaff
(ice)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1424 on: December 16, 2020, 10:50:33 AM »

My department cut back after corona hit and a big chunk of the QA team was the first to go. Probably the same for a lot of other tech companies.
^_^

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #1425 on: December 16, 2020, 10:54:50 AM »
Games Jeff enjoys:
Tony Hawk
Call of Duty
Random retro games
Maybe a rhythm game or two
Fighting games
Random indie games of varying quality

What Jeff doesn't enjoy:
Anything else

I respect his perspective and him creating something of his own after the journalism/media part of the industry shitcanned him. He has charisma and a very calming demeanor.

But his ability to critique games isn't that great. He also very much seems to be the type of person that bails out of something if it doesn't instantly grab him. He doesn't give second chances or wait for a game to click.
OH!

BIONIC

« Reply #1426 on: December 16, 2020, 12:04:15 PM »
He’s also fat.
Margs

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1427 on: December 16, 2020, 12:24:44 PM »
yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1428 on: December 16, 2020, 12:52:15 PM »
What I'm mostly seeing is reviewers (and Jeff Grubb is another Jeff doing this) Trying to distance themselves from the PR hype machine that they created to avoid angry mobs.
They are now accusing CDPR of lying to people and not delivering the product that was promised. He also alleged that review scores are inflated because the press had to rush through the game and didn't have time to test everything and they expected a day 1 patch to fix everything etc.

Of course CDPR showed their game in the best possible light but I don't get the feeling that they lied about what Cyberpunk is or was going to be.
They were pretty open about their development difficulties regarding COVID-19 and on PC, Xbox One X/S, PS5 and I would argue on Xbox One X the game performs well.
The game certainly has its share of issues as a result of the challenges CDPR faced getting it out the door but I don't think it's fair to say that CDPR could not deliver on their vision of the game.
In the end some things come together different than people might've expected but that's mostly on how the media portrayed the game and less about what CDPR showed before release.
Not to mention it was the the decision of the journo's themselves to speed run through intro and a slap 10/10 or 9/10 on it as soon as possible.

🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1429 on: December 16, 2020, 12:58:03 PM »
The game runs in an unacceptable state on base consoles, CDPR deserves some shit for that, but i have no sympathy for someone, in 2020, still preordering games for absolutely no good reason.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1430 on: December 16, 2020, 01:03:17 PM »
Im at least glad we are all enjoying at least, even the console peasants among us 🤷🏼‍♂️🙏
What

El Babua

« Reply #1431 on: December 16, 2020, 01:05:11 PM »
Every system aside from the quests in this game is trash. Driving, loot, shooting, stealth are all half-baked if not outright unacceptable in a 2020 AAA game.

This is the most fanboyish I've seen anyone on the forum be for an unfinished product lmao

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1432 on: December 16, 2020, 01:08:31 PM »
Every system aside from the quests in this game is trash. Driving, loot, shooting, stealth are all half-baked if not outright unacceptable in a 2020 AAA game.

This is the most fanboyish I've seen anyone on the forum be for an unfinished product lmao
It's AAA Eurojank  :vr
🤴

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1433 on: December 16, 2020, 01:08:33 PM »
More like Cyberpunk 2007 amirite

thetylerrob

« Reply #1434 on: December 16, 2020, 01:09:22 PM »
You on console though? I'm really enjoying all of those systems except for the driving, which I didn't notice until people complained and I started paying attention to it.

El Babua

« Reply #1435 on: December 16, 2020, 01:13:46 PM »
Playing on PC. 6700k/2080/GSync

I actually don't mind the driving mechanics. The AI (or lack thereof) is concerning. It feels like I have to constantly walk on eggshells right now to preserve my immersion. Which is something I never had to think about with Witcher 3 at launch.

I can see what this game is trying to be and I will get to enjoy it in a couple months when they finally get it to 1.0 :rejoice

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1436 on: December 16, 2020, 01:28:55 PM »
There's really not any game reviewer I listen to for their opinions. I just watch gameplay videos and then buy stuff I think looks good
dog

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1437 on: December 16, 2020, 01:40:27 PM »
There's really not any game reviewer I listen to for their opinions. I just watch gameplay videos and then buy stuff I think looks good
Any non exclusively technical review, is no better than "guy on a forum" post.

naff

« Reply #1438 on: December 16, 2020, 02:05:26 PM »
I read Tom Chicks review the other day and it was p funny. I often find Tom a bit crazy but I like how his reviews actually contain so much intensity and flavour, more like film critique which often varies wildly, whereas there's always this kinda strange homogenised consensus in game reviews (lest you deny devs their mc average bonus and frustrate the hordes of Gamers with a capital G?).

◕‿◕

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1439 on: December 16, 2020, 02:08:57 PM »
I remember way back when we were always waiting for Jim Sterling and Tom Chick reviews to fuck up the perfect metacritic the snoyboys and Nintendies were creaming their pants about.
You could always count on those two to not just unveil a smug Gerstmann or Edge 7/10 or 8/10 but to drop a flaming 4/10 or 5/10 turd on the latest 'perfect' game.
🤴