Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1833705 times)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #1561 on: September 29, 2021, 11:41:07 PM »
Wait till Era learns that Gabby Petito was an anti-masker/ vaxxer.

They will celebrate her death and call swamp boy a hero.

Considering where she's from I wouldn't be all that surprised.
^_^

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #1562 on: September 30, 2021, 02:26:19 AM »
This is nothing specific to LeBron but the "did my own research" line is just kind of off-putting to me.

And Black people in America need to do a bit more due diligence than others. Black people in America get to be a little bit more suspect than other people. A Black person being hesitant isn't the same as the horse paste drinking motherfuckers that say they're doing their own research.

And he got the vaccine. So who gives a fuck? Why is it off-putting when he did what he needed to and said it out loud?

User Banned (3 Weeks): Dismissing concerns of medical racism, previous ban for blaming racism on alcohol over multiple posts

It's how I feel. Sorry it bothers you.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lebron-james-confirmed-he-is-fully-vaccinated.492816/page-6#post-74304597

Mostima

« Reply #1563 on: September 30, 2021, 02:33:45 AM »
They went from grave dancing on people who were vaccine hesitant, to now praising it because a black man is doing it. Grow a backbone and stick with at least one belief for once. Might help with mods having to lock every other thread and dishing out mass-bans if people there could figure out what stance they're even suppose to have.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1564 on: September 30, 2021, 03:53:44 AM »
Quote from: Excel Spreadsheet
If I had one criticism it would be that it's completely unrealistic to portray the gaming community as a heartwarming wholesome place full of sincerity.

Almost took me right out but then I let myself just enjoy a piece of happy fiction

:gamergate

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #1565 on: September 30, 2021, 05:10:05 AM »
If I had one criticism it would be that it's completely unrealistic to portray the gaming community as a heartwarming wholesome place full of sincerity.

Almost took me right out but then I let myself just enjoy a piece of happy fiction

Speaking of unrealistic...

Since its founding in late 2017, ResetEra has been an inviting bonfire at the crossroads of the gaming industry.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1566 on: September 30, 2021, 05:47:50 AM »
Replace "an inviting bonfire" with "a disgusting trashfire" and it'd be correct.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #1567 on: September 30, 2021, 06:36:46 AM »
I feel sorry for Slayven's parents. Imagine having to check your 40 yr old son's internet history every day, just to make sure he's not being groomed again.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #1569 on: September 30, 2021, 07:55:33 AM »
Remember when Era was supposed to be an oasis of reason and critical thinking, a safe place where industry insiders, devs, and gamers could hang out and discuss things like adults?

:girlaff :girlaff :girlaff :crowdlaff :crowdlaff :crowdlaff :era :era :era

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bloomberg-at-least-11-studios-are-in-possession-of-nintendos-4k-development-kit-for-the-switch-update-nintendo-says-not-true.493452/page-17#post-74361996

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1570 on: September 30, 2021, 07:59:07 AM »

I 100% believe that literally every online community incelchief has become involved with has devolved into snide, sarcastic, passive aggressive posts targeting other members, actively hostile responses to opinions by reducing them to the most uncharitable and absurd extreme interpretations, and vindictive and malicious abuse of any moderation systems to silence viewpoints that incelchief was not intellectually capable of debating.

whatever the common factor is it_is_a_mystery.gif

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #1571 on: September 30, 2021, 09:06:48 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2021-ot-3-rage-against-the-manchin.463401/page-163#post-74356899

Quote from: Iorek Byrnison
Quote from: aftunnels
I would take a random person off the street over the current Democratic leadership to “fight the fight”.
Surejan.gif

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2021-ot-3-rage-against-the-manchin.463401/page-163#post-74357622

User Banned (1 Week) and Permanently Threadbanned: Trolling, account in junior phase
Quote from: aftunnels
Quote from: Iorek Byrnison
Why are you getting so snippy? I'm just saying what the current state is. Who are you trying to argue with? What's your realistic solution?
Surejan.gif
OBE

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1572 on: September 30, 2021, 10:19:32 AM »
Remember when Era was supposed to be an oasis of reason and critical thinking, a safe place where industry insiders, devs, and gamers could hang out and discuss things like adults?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bloomberg-at-least-11-studios-are-in-possession-of-nintendos-4k-development-kit-for-the-switch-update-nintendo-says-not-true.493452/page-17#post-74361996

i dunno why anyone would think the 2017 neogaf userbase moving from one site to another would be that much different, the only thing that changed is the moderation somehow got much much worse :trumps
(ice)

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #1573 on: September 30, 2021, 11:03:12 AM »
B-Derps
Guys, it's a reporter who is citing at least 11 different
sources. Eleven.

Employees at 11 game companies said their teams were in possession of Nintendo's 4K development kit for the Switch.

This is a lot of fucking sources. A lot.

This isn't some random twitter or forum leaker with a crappy track record, we shouldn't be acting like they are. This is a reporter with sources, a lot of them. Unless every single person they've talked to is straight up lying to them--which would be straight up insane and cause for their editor to have a long talk with them about how they do their job--there's something out there.

Dudes gotta stop putting actual reporters on the same level as twitter and forum leakers. Dudes on twitter or at random fansites or blogs are not the same as reporters working at reputable outlets. Stop acting like it's all the same shit because it ain't.

Title change

[Bloomberg]: At least 11 studios are in possession of Nintendo's 4K Development Kit for the Switch. (Update: Nintendo says not true)

:show

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1574 on: September 30, 2021, 11:11:24 AM »

i dunno why anyone would think the 2017 neogaf userbase moving from one site to another would be that much different, the only thing that changed is the moderation somehow got much much worse :trumps

True... like, bishoptl was an asshole but at least his bans were (for the most part) justified iirc.
^_^

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1575 on: September 30, 2021, 11:32:17 AM »
they have taken besadas taking this shit way too serious and :lore's thin skinned styles, combined them and cranked it up even more :teehee
(ice)

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #1576 on: September 30, 2021, 11:49:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thoughts-on-mk11-designs-for-female-characters.491880/#post-74128908
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thoughts-on-mk11-designs-for-female-characters.491880/#post-74129346

User Banned (Permanent): Drive-by trolling. Prior ban for trolling. Account in junior phase. Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account.
Quote from: ivalice
They're fine. Cis men on here will probably shout over women to tell you otherwise though. That's how they police women's bodies, because they see the usual methods as belonging to the Other Politics Team.
:hesright :salute
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 12:06:06 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #1577 on: September 30, 2021, 11:53:47 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-general-discussion-ot27-the-hunt-for-dread-october-support-afghan-women.489427/page-135#post-74376870

User banned (permanent): Troll account
Quote from: Peaty Condor
So fellas, when are we gonna start supporting Afghan women in here? Anybody able to get their hands on a C-17 yet?
:salute :rofl
OBE

Kurt Russell

« Reply #1578 on: September 30, 2021, 12:12:01 PM »
User Banned (Permanent): Drive-by trolling. Prior ban for trolling. Account in junior phase. Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account.

:drudge :drudge :drudge

How on earth are they identifying alt-accounts? Because if it's tracking / cookies / IP address, unless that is mentioned in their privacy policy with an appropriate basis for processing that's a violation of the GDPR all day and all night (with all the financial penalties that would incur).

True... like, bishoptl was an asshole but at least his bans were (for the most part) justified iirc.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :show :brock :mueller :ahnuld2 :goldberg :crowdlaff :woody :neogaf :heh  :rofl :rofl :rofl
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 12:16:08 PM by Kurt Russell »
woke

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1579 on: September 30, 2021, 12:22:45 PM »
I mean. If climate shit gets slashed then what’s the fucking point. Jesus. It’s now or never
oh no why won't anyone think about the children weather :shaking
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1580 on: September 30, 2021, 12:24:53 PM »
Bill Gates owns the weather weapons Joe :info
(ice)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1581 on: September 30, 2021, 12:37:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/david-jaffe-makes-bizarre-threat-to-sony-in-new-video-following-twisted-metal-snub-i-know-where-the-bodies-are-buried-you-should-have-called.493752/page-2#post-74380086

Quote from: 19thCenturyFox, post: 74380086, member: 24113
Is it too out there to think that all of the major publishers - like most big corporations - likely had people killed and that there may be lists of those individuals that might get causally compared in board rooms as some sort of a sick competition and that perhaps David Jaffe got hold of one of these lists?

Should we really dismiss this right away?

:what
Margs

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1582 on: September 30, 2021, 12:50:22 PM »
jim Ryan and Mark cerny out here snatching lives like they're Clinton's :ohhh

guessing that harcore Sony pony mod must be busy, the post has been up nearly 8 hours and no ban :titus
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1583 on: September 30, 2021, 12:53:32 PM »
I love Twisted Metal, I love God of War, but what the hell has happened to Jaffe?
Literally nothing, he didn't change. The industry and culture did.

If you want sex minigames, swearing, gore and big guns on cars you call Jaffe.
If you want some cookie cutter trimmed down censored reboot with purple haired characters in the 'spirit' of an old franchise you don't.
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1584 on: September 30, 2021, 12:56:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/david-jaffe-makes-bizarre-threat-to-sony-in-new-video-following-twisted-metal-snub-i-know-where-the-bodies-are-buried-you-should-have-called.493752/page-2#post-74380086

Is it too out there to think that all of the major publishers - like most big corporations - likely had people killed and that there may be lists of those individuals that might get causally compared in board rooms as some sort of a sick competition and that perhaps David Jaffe got hold of one of these lists?

Apparently, yakuza sent by one big game corp kidnapped a dev's sister to prevent him from defecting to Nintendo:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/11/rumour_leading_japanese_game_company_kidnapped_devs_sister_to_stop_them_from_working_with_nintendo
^_^

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1585 on: September 30, 2021, 01:01:11 PM »
SEGA does what Nintendon't  ;)
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1586 on: September 30, 2021, 01:03:15 PM »
nintendo just kills you for leaving  :)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #1587 on: September 30, 2021, 01:03:32 PM »

I can't work out what part of this if this guy really believes what he's saying is funnier :rofl

"But he said he knew where bodies were buried...?"
            /
 :steel

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #1588 on: September 30, 2021, 01:04:32 PM »
 :lol

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1589 on: September 30, 2021, 01:06:52 PM »
RIP Gumpei
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1590 on: September 30, 2021, 01:19:49 PM »
yamauchi da gawd  :rejoice

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1591 on: September 30, 2021, 01:19:53 PM »
So when is Nintendo going to kidnap Jason Schreier and tell him to STFU? :rash
🤴

Hap Shaughnessy

Re: Official Off-site Discussion and Women Appreciation Thread |OT| #girlpower
« Reply #1592 on: September 30, 2021, 02:05:08 PM »
The worst part about my overlong post earlier is that I included all that bullshit and left out this post:
Quote from: Colonel Mustard
User banned (duration tbd by admin review): Hostility and attacking the community. Prior ban for the exact same behaviour
The bore is completely right about this place

User Banned (Permanent): Hostility and attacking the community. Prior ban for the exact same behaviour and numerous other infractions for hostility.
OBE

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1593 on: September 30, 2021, 02:13:46 PM »
 :salute
🤴

Hap Shaughnessy

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #1594 on: September 30, 2021, 02:20:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-48#post-73872622

Quote from:  Kirbivore
So like the police? I guess that may be an unfair comparison when difference is that mods don't get paid, and therefore don't have paid leave.

:dead

User banned (1 month): Highly inappropriate comparison to police brutality

I don't remember these bans either:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-46#post-73871029
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-43#post-73866181

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-50#post-73979878
Quote from: Nepenthe
lack of mod activity

You mean while people were looking. It seems as if mods went back later and tied up some loose ends.
OBE

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1595 on: September 30, 2021, 03:08:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-48#post-73872622

Quote from:  Kirbivore
So like the police? I guess that may be an unfair comparison when difference is that mods don't get paid, and therefore don't have paid leave.

:dead

User banned (1 month): Highly inappropriate comparison to police brutality

I don't remember these bans either:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-46#post-73871029
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-43#post-73866181

https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-50#post-73979878
Quote from: Nepenthe
lack of mod activity

You mean while people were looking. It seems as if mods went back later and tied up some loose ends.
So, like the police?
Spud

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #1596 on: September 30, 2021, 03:26:06 PM »
User banned (1 month): Inflammatory comparison making light of bigotry
Quote from: Death Penalty
The cvxfreak thing has big Black Chamber voluntarily accepting his ban energy.

"Inflammatory" at the point basically just means "makes the staff uncomfortable or like they should do some introspection."

(also I thought part of the whole thing was cvx making fun of Chris' posts being hard to understand and someone said English wasn't his native language so... wouldn't that also be bigotry)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #1597 on: September 30, 2021, 03:31:08 PM »
What ever happened to kirblar
:O

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1598 on: September 30, 2021, 03:39:23 PM »
So, like the police?

just sprinkle a lil' crack on 'em
Uncle

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1599 on: September 30, 2021, 03:40:49 PM »

Mandark posts in the discord these days
Margs

james

« Reply #1600 on: September 30, 2021, 03:54:32 PM »

No, Im serious.

We go way back in poligaf.

I'd love to reconnect with the guy and remind him how much of a piece of shit he is.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #1601 on: September 30, 2021, 04:13:02 PM »

whats a discord

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1602 on: September 30, 2021, 04:15:15 PM »
what's a mandark ???

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1603 on: September 30, 2021, 04:19:50 PM »

Mandark used to stink it up in the IRC back in the day, Discord is only his natural habitat
fat

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #1604 on: September 30, 2021, 04:42:25 PM »
I just watched Monster's four-hour conference call. That was all kinds of... something.

No wonder reports take so long to get actioned :titus

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1605 on: September 30, 2021, 05:15:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-general-discussion-ot27-the-hunt-for-dread-october-support-afghan-women.489427/page-135#post-74376870

So fellas, when are we gonna start supporting Afghan women in here? Anybody able to get their hands on a C-17 yet?

Not even a single mention of an Afghan charity in the actual OP of the thread. This really has to be the most hollow virtue signaling there is

Hap Shaughnessy

OBE

NekoFever

« Reply #1607 on: September 30, 2021, 05:18:28 PM »

Not even a single mention of Afghanistan in the actual OP of the thread. This really has to be the most hollow virtue signaling there is

They took out the copypasta in the OP saying how it’s definitely not empty virtue signalling.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1608 on: September 30, 2021, 05:23:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bloomberg-at-least-11-studios-are-in-possession-of-nintendos-4k-development-kit-for-the-switch-update-nintendo-says-not-true.493452/page-17#post-74361819

???

Bloomberg is a professional news outlet that has to follow standard journalistic practices
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol                                                :rofl

james

« Reply #1609 on: September 30, 2021, 05:31:08 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-intercept-time%E2%80%99s-up-said-it-could-not-fund-a-metoo-allegation-against-joe-biden-citing-its-nonprofit-status-and-his-presidential-run.177121/#post-30211172

User Banned (Permanent): Deflecting from sexual harassment allegations, multiple prior severe bans across multiple topics.

Beautiful ban message.

But where is he now? Did he get radicalized

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #1610 on: September 30, 2021, 05:32:55 PM »
I vaguely remember someone saying he was posting on the neolib subreddit.

james

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1612 on: September 30, 2021, 07:02:39 PM »
B-Derps
Guys, it's a reporter who is citing at least 11 different
sources. Eleven.

Employees at 11 game companies said their teams were in possession of Nintendo's 4K development kit for the Switch.

This is a lot of fucking sources. A lot.

This isn't some random twitter or forum leaker with a crappy track record, we shouldn't be acting like they are. This is a reporter with sources, a lot of them. Unless every single person they've talked to is straight up lying to them--which would be straight up insane and cause for their editor to have a long talk with them about how they do their job--there's something out there.

Dudes gotta stop putting actual reporters on the same level as twitter and forum leakers. Dudes on twitter or at random fansites or blogs are not the same as reporters working at reputable outlets. Stop acting like it's all the same shit because it ain't.

Title change

[Bloomberg]: At least 11 studios are in possession of Nintendo's 4K Development Kit for the Switch. (Update: Nintendo says not true)
Maybe B-Dubs will now learn that a journalist saying they have a bunch of anonymous sources doesn't mean they actually have 11 independent sources. Eleven. A lot of fucking sources. A lot.

Oop, nevermind, he's still going:
Dude has 11 different companies saying they have dev kits. The odds of 11 different people lying about this are insane.
This isn't some twitter post from a guy pretending to be an insider, it's an article published by Bloomberg. These two things are on a completely different level of seriousness.

benjipwns

« Reply #1613 on: September 30, 2021, 07:19:08 PM »
User Banned (1 Month): Sinophobia
For context:

The review bombing happend AFTER mihoyo started to lock down their Discord, Reddit, and their own social media app Hoyolab where people's posts got deleted if it was in regards to the anniversary (anything but fanart). They basically tried to silence the community that complained.
It's what they're used to in their country, after all! Really patriotic.
:chinacry

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #1614 on: September 30, 2021, 07:19:10 PM »
I don't see why nintendo's tweet is even at odds with 11 devs saying they have 4k capable units  ???

they're both saying completely different things

nintendo cyoa during the launch of their new model saying please god don't wait, just buy our latest shit

and devs honestly saying nintendo gave them more powerful kits which may or may not mean anything at all, kits have had double ram of the real console in the past, or any number of differences

:idont
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1615 on: September 30, 2021, 07:22:58 PM »
They just keep digging.

The 'confusion' might be the 4kdp_preferred_over_usb30 setting. Which switches between display port and USB output but just because a port can output in 4k and is labeled as such, does not mean that it does (and it doesn't).

Anyhow I doubt developers at 11 studios would all decide to risk their jobs to give Bloomberg the 'scoop' on the 99th Switch Pro rumor.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 07:27:44 PM by Nintex »
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #1616 on: September 30, 2021, 07:54:02 PM »
And let's not forget that Takashi reported that the Nintendo Switch would be 1440 docked and 1080p in 2016:

www.youtube.com
1440p On The Switch?....Wait What?!
A reporter by the name of Takashi Mochizuki put out a tweet that the Switch is using a 1080p display in portable mode and a WQHD display when in docked mode....
www.youtube.com www.youtube.com

And he also reported about the greater profit margins from the nintendo switch oled.

Dunno. Obviously Nintendo is working on a sucessor, every company does this, but this guy is talking about more powerful switch basically since 2016 lol.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #1617 on: September 30, 2021, 08:06:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nft-collectors-of-era-show-off-what-you-have-here.494007/page-3#post-74413077

User banned (permanent): Linking to very NSFW image
Quote from:  Kcarstel
Mod edit: [Pic removed][link to Tubgirl]

here’s mine :) no where near as cool as yours op

OBE

james

« Reply #1618 on: September 30, 2021, 08:15:24 PM »
Nintendo will never release a 4k console.

But they did give devs one.

Why?

Because they're fucking Nintendo and they can do whatever they want

benjipwns

« Reply #1619 on: September 30, 2021, 08:47:22 PM »
I think Uncle goes a bit too far and think Nintex, sigh, is closer to the probable storyline here. Nintendo could have sent out development kits with a 4K output as that's borderline trivial to support on a devkit, it's a port. And developers will not care how it runs in 4K, they just want it to output to their monitors.

But that's not what the Nintenyearolds are hearing and writing pages upon pages in that thread about. They're hearing Switch 4K. Except there's almost 100% no chance Nintendo is producing a Switch with the "secret sauce" to output games at 4K. The current one can't even do 1080p legitimately even though that's "supported" and some games do it. (No, I don't care about five years in advancements in technology elsewhere.) And they certainly aren't producing one that can do 4K undocked because they're fucking Nintendo.

:miyamoto