Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3066505 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #33780 on: March 31, 2024, 09:31:52 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

That looks pretty cool

I really like the form factor- finally six face buttons on one of these things!  Would be really nice for a lot of arcade games.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #33782 on: April 03, 2024, 10:58:14 AM »
Based
©@©™

Svejk

« Reply #33783 on: April 04, 2024, 12:09:29 PM »
Small rant...

Only briefly played the demo of Stellar Blade, and have a love/hate with it immediately... Eve's weapon/blade, transforms from an attachment from the back of her head and retracks back... As an entiltled artist :P , I feel ripped off in a way, as I had this concept for over 15 years now with my main character for my platformer slasher/shooter I've dreamt about for a few decades now..  Now I'm even more pissed at myself that I haven't been aggresive enough to make this game happen...  But now, when it finally comes to fruition, players will say I copied Stellar Blade.   ::)
Entitlement triggering of self shame... :shaking :fbm :killme

Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

Told the fam last night that I need to make an actual screen shot type of concept art (like Bloodstained did during their kickstarter).  I hope to start on that this weekend.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 12:45:05 PM by Svejk »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33784 on: April 04, 2024, 09:58:08 PM »
Bruh, bladed hair weapons have been a thing for some time.
:idont
ど助平

Polident Hive

« Reply #33785 on: April 04, 2024, 10:37:43 PM »
On hair, I don’t know why it defaults to a long ponytail. Could look better on fidelity mode. As is, a really badly done tressfx effect.

Main demo was fun but the boss with unlocked abilities sold me.

Svejk

« Reply #33786 on: April 05, 2024, 09:16:47 AM »
Bruh, bladed hair weapons have been a thing for some time.
:idont
I know what you mean, but being more transformative, sci-fi/multi-tool type use hair blade/whip... to be more specific.  :P  My main would use it for grappling as well, akin to Bionic Commando on top of Vania style whip attacks.  Been studying the animations of Whip from KOF and her move sets.  Want to incorporate those with sword and gun combos.
On hair, I don’t know why it defaults to a long ponytail. Could look better on fidelity mode. As is, a really badly done tressfx effect.

Main demo was fun but the boss with unlocked abilities sold me.
I thought the tech they use is pretty stunning; the way they have it wrap around her body; between her legs and such when you make quick turns.   :whew
But her head blade "ribbon"... I love it, but feel they could've done a bit more to make it more practical.. Like it transform into other various weapons, if it's going to be that articulate and versatile.  (Maybe it will in the full game?) But that's just me being nitpicky.

Svejk

« Reply #33787 on: April 10, 2024, 10:12:26 AM »
Western devs continue to western dev...  :rofl  :yuck

https://twitter.com/DonTonelli/status/1777773888249717007

Svejk

« Reply #33788 on: April 10, 2024, 11:42:59 AM »
On top of REQUIRING an internet connection to install, more drama around this Ubiturd Star War...  :doge

https://twitter.com/MasteroftheTDS/status/1777416250710540421

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33789 on: April 10, 2024, 10:22:27 PM »
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

Svejk

« Reply #33791 on: April 15, 2024, 09:49:46 AM »
On top of REQUIRING an internet connection to install, more drama around this Ubiturd Star War...  :doge

https://twitter.com/MasteroftheTDS/status/1777416250710540421

And just keeps on giving...  Fuck Didney and Ubisoft.  Just made it even easier to pass on this shit.

Star Wars Outlaws locks Jabba the Hutt mission behind $110 premium edition

Players will have to buy the Gold Edition to access the mission at launch

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/star-wars-outlaws-locks-jabba-the-hutt-mission-behind-110-premium-edition/

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33792 on: April 15, 2024, 12:56:29 PM »
I've not bought a Ubisoft in a long time, and it feels pretty good. Their games are horrible corporate mandated middle of the road mediocre games. Horrible writing and voice acting, nobody feels like they belong in the world (for every one of their games)

Fuck em
What

Coax

« Reply #33793 on: April 17, 2024, 04:58:00 AM »
Nerds have already reached Game Gear level absurd attachments.

[/ii]

Svejk

« Reply #33794 on: April 18, 2024, 09:54:12 AM »
The Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 trailer will be revealed in 4 hours, but of course has been leaked.  Showed to be releasing in 2024!
Supposedly it continues Henry's quest and takes place in Prague Kuttenberg (Kutna Hora), which was about the second largest city in the region at the time.

Now they need to up and drop us a current gen patch for KCD1, ffs.   Only reason I haven't played it yet. 

Holy shit what a year for open world RPG's!  2023 getting drug through a field and left for dead.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 04:35:22 PM by Svejk »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33795 on: April 19, 2024, 03:42:16 PM »
Tweet deleted..goddamnit..cant even remember what it was either
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 12:10:15 PM by MMaRsu »
What

Polident Hive

« Reply #33796 on: April 21, 2024, 02:25:46 PM »
Found a box in my closet filled with old never worn GameStop (and Electronics Boutique?) preorder shirts. Oldest is Shinobi PS2 from 2002. Some are for games I never bought or played. There’s a baby blue Dead Rising Wii shirt. High fashion.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33797 on: April 23, 2024, 05:37:49 PM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33798 on: April 23, 2024, 05:43:23 PM »
What

Svejk

« Reply #33799 on: April 24, 2024, 09:59:27 AM »

I keep waiting for the toonami guy to end with "This game will make you a goddam sexual tyranosaur.. just like me"

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #33800 on: April 24, 2024, 04:45:02 PM »
1800 Megs of pure entertainment!
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33801 on: April 25, 2024, 12:26:49 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #33803 on: April 29, 2024, 05:40:43 PM »
Fuck yes...

https://x.com/Housemarque/status/1784895491123405216

EDIT:  A graphic fucking novel.  WTF is this bowlshit.  :oreilly :nope :camby
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 09:09:52 AM by Svejk »

Polident Hive

« Reply #33804 on: April 30, 2024, 12:54:00 AM »
After however much rigmarole around new computers, I ended up buying an updated version of the same lenovo legion laptop I’ve been using  :-\

Pretty good price. Still too big to actually use as a laptop. But what’s nice is PC stagnation means it can play most games comfortably in quiet mode at 1440p 60fps. Enough headroom that sacrificing 10-20% performance for less heat and fan noise is viable.

Have to say, really pleased with this purchase (2023 Lenovo Legion 5 Pro). Every minor issue with the previous laptop (y740) has been fixed or refined. 16:10 makes a bigger difference than I thought for usability. Silent mode is actually silent in most instances and it doesn't get warm to the touch.

The only small downgrade, and this seems true any "gaming" laptop nowadays, is how bad the speakers are. The Steam Deck has better speakers. Guess there's the expectation for gamers to use massive headsets that leave dents in their skulls. Eventually plan is to use an external monitor and speakers so it's not a big deal.

Svejk

« Reply #33805 on: April 30, 2024, 09:40:20 AM »
On the other hand, yeah,  this is the main reason I need to game more on PC... Mods always ftw.
https://x.com/Agent4709/status/1771681705746674000

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33806 on: April 30, 2024, 11:21:03 PM »
After however much rigmarole around new computers, I ended up buying an updated version of the same lenovo legion laptop I’ve been using  :-\

Pretty good price. Still too big to actually use as a laptop. But what’s nice is PC stagnation means it can play most games comfortably in quiet mode at 1440p 60fps. Enough headroom that sacrificing 10-20% performance for less heat and fan noise is viable.

Have to say, really pleased with this purchase (2023 Lenovo Legion 5 Pro). Every minor issue with the previous laptop (y740) has been fixed or refined. 16:10 makes a bigger difference than I thought for usability. Silent mode is actually silent in most instances and it doesn't get warm to the touch.

This is how I feel about my Blade 14 (2023) too.  In fact when I was monitor shopping recently, I was disappointed to find that 16:10 gaming monitors aren't a thing.

The only small downgrade, and this seems true any "gaming" laptop nowadays, is how bad the speakers are. The Steam Deck has better speakers. Guess there's the expectation for gamers to use massive headsets that leave dents in their skulls. Eventually plan is to use an external monitor and speakers so it's not a big deal.

It could be the sound settings.  The Lenovo Legion Go's speaker's don't sound great out of the box, but go and adjust some of the Realtek settings and it's a noticeable improvement.  Still, you're right in that a lot of gaming laptops don't have the best speakers.  My Maingear Vector Pro 17's speakers are so low that if the fans are running you can barely hear anything!  I always just used headphones, a portable speaker, or regular speakers with it though so never bothered me.  Speaking of Lenovo again, I also have a Chromebook Duet 3 and it also has pretty bad speakers.  When I'm at home, I typically have this in the same spot and use these little bluetooth stereo speakers with it.  They sound pretty good for the price.  I also have two of these speakers which are larger, but are more travel friendly.  You can pair them up for stereo as well.  Used to use one of them all the time with the Maingear.

There are also third-party apps you can get to boost sound levels, but I've always stayed away from them because people have said that they can cause damage.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 11:25:43 PM by bork »
ど助平

Polident Hive

« Reply #33807 on: May 01, 2024, 01:10:23 AM »
Yeah. I’m going to mess around with software to see if I can get any depth of sound. I’m far from an audio snob. Still I’d like some bass. Anything to stop it sounding like a can and a string.

In time I’ll get some speakers. Again, not an audio guy, but it’s amazing how the same exact speakers I’ve been using for nearly 15 years are on market and recommended. With stereo or 2.1 setups, there isn’t much space to grow.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #33808 on: May 01, 2024, 12:01:46 PM »
Yeah. I’m going to mess around with software to see if I can get any depth of sound. I’m far from an audio snob. Still I’d like some bass. Anything to stop it sounding like a can and a string.

In time I’ll get some speakers. Again, not an audio guy, but it’s amazing how the same exact speakers I’ve been using for nearly 15 years are on market and recommended. With stereo or 2.1 setups, there isn’t much space to grow.

Lemme guess, those speakers are the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1? Mine finally kicked the bucket last year after 20 years so I replaced with the same pair.
^_^