Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866815 times)

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Not to mention his gross over-exaggeration of the Supreme Court's "enormous power over us."  Shut up, the majority of this country can't even name three justices, not to mention landmark and influential decisions.

Palin sure can't LOL

i think she can name 3 conservative linchpin cases.

She couldn't name one for Couric.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
i tried to read that book but holy fucking shit, it is the MOST CONDESCENDING "HUR HUR GET OFF MY LAWN" bullshit i think i've been exposed to outside of Andy Rooney.  I agree with what is said to a point but the tone, good lord the tone of the piece is just so arrogant and smug that it is cringeworthy.

Tonya

huckleberry

[youtube=560,345]kSyOEnerVQc[/youtube]

Jesus fuckin Christ

We is using code names.

Goddam at least go after her for being a lib or something.  ::)
wub

Stoney Mason

i tried to read that book but holy fucking shit, it is the MOST CONDESCENDING "HUR HUR GET OFF MY LAWN" bullshit i think i've been exposed to outside of Andy Rooney.  I agree with what is said to a point but the tone, good lord the tone of the piece is just so arrogant and smug that it is cringeworthy.

I hate you!

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Everyone that plays softball is a raging homo :lol
PSP

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Both my daughters are playing softball. I'm an enabler to their future gay lives.  :-\
©ZH

Stoney Mason

Sarah Palin is so unspeakably beautiful.. omg. :uguu

But anyway

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/14/palin-hits-campaign-trail-for-anti-abortion-group

Why are anti-abortion people so 'pro-life' when it comes to abortions, but so pro-death when it comes anything else? See: war in iraq. The anti-abortion folk are also very anti-condoms, anti-birth control pill, anti anything that could prevent pregnancy. Which made me think, and I thought about it a while ago too, that anti-abortion activists are people who aren't pro-life, but pro-pregnancy. I conjecture that the train of thought is that abortion isn't bad because it kills, but because it interrupts pregnancy.

Don't do it.

We are dangerously close to having a very boring abortion discussion if certain things happen...

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Both my daughters are playing softball. I'm an enabler to their future gay lives.  :-\
They'll be happier this way.
I want a couple of grandchildren first, then they can do whatever they want.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 03:53:12 PM by Zero Hero »
©ZH

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
I want a couple of grandchildren first, then they can do whatever they want.
The thing is that they would be more likely to have kids if they were lesbians. Hetrosexual women these days /old man

Brehvolution

[youtube=560,345]eMUVFctJ2Xw[/youtube]
©ZH

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
I was just going to post that  :lol
püp

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
Kinda want to call up FreedomWorks right now. :lol
Tacos

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
:rofl

sooo good
___

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
[youtube=560,345]jU7fhIO7DG0[/youtube]
"change ur facebook status grace"

Mandark

• Icon
Outrage is bubbling up through the usual channels about Miss USA's ties to Hamas and Hezbollah.  No, I am not kidding.

Phoenix Dark

Saw that earlier today. Debbie Schlussel is hilarious. At least Malkin can whip up some links that don't direct you previous posts on her site.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
Outrage is bubbling up through the usual channels about Miss USA's ties to Hamas and Hezbollah.  No, I am not kidding.

up next Miss REAL U.S.A.
Tonya

Phoenix Dark

Can a minority win anything without conservatives questioning the validity of the process, ir why is the system keeping the white man down.
"I'm a huge believer in states' rights. I think that's what's so wonderful about America," Woolard answered of the law which requires state police to stop and question possible undocumented immigrants. "So I think it's perfectly fine for Arizona to create that law."

Woolard added that she is against racial profiling

"Looks like the Miss USA pageant didn't want to risk the wrath of the open-borders mob," wrote conservative blogger Michelle Malkin.
http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/05/17/2010-05-17_miss_usa_runner_up_miss_oklahoma_morgan_elizabeth_woolard_doomed_by_arizona_immi.html#ixzz0oDQ1e0sA

[youtube=560,345]DadWzASo_So[/youtube]
"I'm against illegal immigration but I'm against racial profiling as well." Sensible position many conservatives couldn't take. Too bad about the states rights nonsense

The arab chick is way hotter anyway

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
So I can rub this in my white and pro-hijab friends' faces?

Awesome.

Beardo

Persian women should win more beauty pagents.  :heartbeat

Oblivion

I always knew Beardo was a closet liberal, commie, atheist, terrorist sympathizer.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
[youtube=560,345]eMUVFctJ2Xw[/youtube]

:lol
PSP

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
She's lebanese.  Basically arab.  Hardcore purrrsians would be insulted by what you said.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
There's a lot of discrimination based on citizenship but not a lot of racism.  Like Arizona.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Slutty McSlutSlut joined 1,000,000+ Strong for Stopping Barack Hussein in 2012

:D

spoiler (click to show/hide)
facebook racists  ::)
[close]
püp

Brehvolution

Only need 55 million more. :smug

And they would still lose. :shh
[close]
©ZH

Stoney Mason

[youtube=560,345]#![/youtube]

Lulz. This dude was having an affair with the women in the video. Of course he is one of those Pro Family Against Gay marriage because it erodes our traditional values dudes.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/05/gop_rep_flashback_i_am_committed_to_preserving_tra.php?ref=fpa

Phoenix Dark

[youtube=560,345]b9tOyrmyWkE[/youtube]

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Could someone change the topic?  It's become increasingly obvious that "New Era American Politics" smell a lot like old era American politics.
PS4

Stoney Mason

Couple of primaries tonight.

Only news so far is Rand Paul son of you know who won.

Stoney Mason

lulz. I just noticed that affair dude's video I posted earlier was pulled from youtube since I posted it.

:lol

Brehvolution

Couple of primaries tonight.

Only news so far is Rand Paul son of you know who won.

Kentucky had a good run.
©ZH

Stoney Mason

Apparently Specter is in trouble.

http://twitter.com/Dave_Wasserman/status/14264311261

#PASEN running down the list county-by-county, it's becoming clearer and clearer Specter has no hope of pulling this out
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:54:47 PM by Stoney Mason »

Beardo

:piss "New Era in American politics"

Can't wait till november and then 2012.

Mandark

• Icon
I like how the Bore has demoralized all the GOP posters to the point where they're reduced to popping in now and again to reiterate that they're still Republican, and they still hates the tricksy Obama for stealing their precious.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Arlen Specter owned.  Blanche Lincoln forced into a runoff election with Bill Halter.

Please win, Bill Halter! Bangalore needs many many jobs!!!!
PS4

Phoenix Dark

Kinda feel bad for Specter, even though I wanted him to lose. Very happy about Arkansas. TPM sez Lincoln looked shocked during her speech after the results were in. Can't wait to see.

also
It is quite an understatement to say that I am not Rand Paul's target audience. Still, I couldn't help notice something about his brief acceptance speech and I'm curious to hear whether any of you had a similar take. I don't think I'd ever seen Paul speak at any length. Or if I did I don't have a clear recollection of it. And he came off to me as arrogant, bellicose and even a little messianic in his demeanor. To put it baldly, he sounded like a jerk.

When I watched it on replay later it didn't sound quite as jarring to me. But maybe that's because my impression from the first viewing was so negative that a second look couldn't live up to my first impression. (see some video highlights here.)

In any case, that's actually quite different from his father. I find Ron Paul's politics awful and he's a classic ideologue. But as a person he comes off as pretty humble and even unassuming, which I've always thought is the reason he manages to have a certain degree of crossover popularity despite his draconian and often ugly politics.

Now does any of that matter? Not necessarily, I guess. And when I mentioned this in the newsroom this evening a couple members of our team pointed out, rightly, that that sort of attitude is part and parcel of the Tea Party movement and really any anti-establishment movement for that matter. But even in a conservative state like Kentucky some measure of pivoting is necessary in a general election. And I wondered after seeing Paul whether he's constitutionally capable of it.
http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2010/05/rand_paul.php?ref=fpblg

He looks like Carcetti from The Wire to me. But with no personality, based on that video clip

Beardo

and he came off to me as arrogant, bellicose and even a little messianic in his demeanor.

obama?

huckleberry

Paul will win in Novermber...there is no doubt.  Jack Conway just looks too clean cut for Kentuckians.  Saw on the news last night that Paul won with a 2 to 1 margin over Trey Greyson in Northern Ky. - home to the batshit insane Jim Bunning.  Aparently they think that Bunning was ousted by the Republicans  for no good reason and voted for Paul en masse.

If you ever saw Jan interview with Jim Bunning and thought he wasn't fucking crazy as a shithouse rat then something is terribly wrong with you.

...either way, Paul will be the next Senator from Ky. and it cannot be worse than what we had before.
wub

Beardo

Did you vote?

huckleberry

Of course I did.  A friend of mine has a good chance of becoming mayor of Lexington in November.

It will be my last vote cast in this state.
wub

Brehvolution

So is it safe to say that KY is going back to the gold standard? :smug
©ZH

Brehvolution

Typical liberal media circle jerking over rand paul with no mention of the Democrats taking the special election for the late John Murtha's seat. An election that actually matters and not some silly primary.
©ZH

huckleberry

So is it safe to say that KY is going back to the gold standard? :smug

This state is too poor to use the gold standard.  :'(

It is truly like a medieval fiefdom. 

Keep loving those horses, basketball, and stupid politicians Kentucky!! Never change.
wub

Phoenix Dark

Seems like he's kept quiet about it, while pandering to tea partiers on immigration in general
http://irregulartimes.com/index.php/archives/2010/05/19/rand-paul-panders-to-immigration-fears/

Mandark

• Icon
Ron Paul 2008 Texas campaign mailer:

Ron Paul 2008 New Hampshire campaign mailer:
[close]

Ron Paul 2006 opinion piece on the NAFTA Superhighway:

Quote from: Ron Paul
By now many Texans have heard about the proposed “NAFTA Superhighway,” which is also referred to as the trans-Texas corridor. What you may not know is the extent to which plans for such a superhighway are moving forward without congressional oversight or media attention.

This superhighway would connect Mexico, the United States, and Canada, cutting a wide swath through the middle of Texas and up through Kansas City. Offshoots would connect the main artery to the west coast, Florida, and northeast. Proponents envision a ten-lane colossus the width of several football fields, with freight and rail lines, fiber-optic cable lines, and oil and natural gas pipelines running alongside.

This will require coordinated federal and state eminent domain actions on an unprecedented scale, as literally millions of people and businesses could be displaced. The loss of whole communities is almost certain, as planners cannot wind the highway around every quaint town, historic building, or senior citizen apartment for thousands of miles.

Governor Perry is a supporter of the superhighway project, and Congress has provided small amounts of money to study the proposal. Since this money was just one item in an enormous transportation appropriations bill, however, most members of Congress were not aware of it.

The proposed highway is part of a broader plan advanced by a quasi-government organization called the “Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America,” or SPP.

The SPP was first launched in 2005 by the heads of state of Canada, Mexico, and the United States at a summit in Waco.

The SPP was not created by a treaty between the nations involved, nor was Congress involved in any way. Instead, the SPP is an unholy alliance of foreign consortiums and officials from several governments. One principal player is a Spanish construction company, which plans to build the highway and operate it as a toll road. But don’t be fooled: the superhighway proposal is not the result of free market demand, but rather an extension of government-managed trade schemes like NAFTA that benefit politically-connected interests.

The real issue is national sovereignty. Once again, decisions that affect millions of Americans are not being made by those Americans themselves, or even by their elected representatives in Congress. Instead, a handful of elites use their government connections to bypass national legislatures and ignore our Constitution – which expressly grants Congress the sole authority to regulate international trade.

The ultimate goal is not simply a superhighway, but an integrated North American Union – complete with a currency, a cross-national bureaucracy, and virtually borderless travel within the Union. Like the European Union, a North American Union would represent another step toward the abolition of national sovereignty altogether.

A new resolution, introduced by Representative Virgil Goode of Virginia, expresses the sense of Congress that the United States should not engage in the construction of a NAFTA superhighway, or enter into any agreement that advances the concept of a North American Union. I wholeheartedly support this legislation, and predict that the superhighway will become a sleeper issue in the 2008 election.

Any movement toward a North American Union diminishes the ability of average Americans to influence the laws under which they must live. The SPP agreement, including the plan for a major transnational superhighway through Texas, is moving forward without congressional oversight – and that is an outrage. The administration needs a strong message from Congress that the American people will not tolerate backroom deals that threaten our sovereignty.
[close]

You know that birthright citizenship that Paul wants to abolish?  It's in the Constitution.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
How are illegal immigrants collecting social security? They use actual citizen's social security numbers or phony numbers altogether! That makes no sense. :lol
PSP

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Maybe they don't know what social security means?

Phoenix Dark

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
caraenpalma.gif
___

Beardo

[youtube=560,345]FO4nj87gYHU[/youtube]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-sharry/first-lady-michelle-obama_b_582168.html
wut

"But my mom doesnt have papers"

lol, I bet her mom was shitting bricks off camera at that moment.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Reminds me of the S1 finale of the hit TV show, Big Love

Phoenix Dark

Questioner: But under your philosophy it would be okay for Dr. King to not be served at the counter at Woolworths?

Rand Paul: I would not go to that Woolworth's, and I would stand up in my community and say it's abhorrent. um... But the hard part, and this is the hard part about believing in freedom is, if you believe in the First Amendment, for example, you to, for example-- most good defenders will believe in abhorrent groups standing up and saying awful things, and we're here at the bastion of newspaperdom (sic) and I'm sure you believe in the First Amendment, so I'm sure you understand people can say bad things. It's the same way with other behaviors. In a free society we will tolerate boorish people who have abhorrent behavior, but if we're civilized people we publicly criticize that and don't belong to those groups or associate with those people.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/taylor-marsh/rand-paul-on-civil-rights_b_582674.html

wow

Beardo

What he is describing is faith in other people. For some reason liberals never expect other human beings to make good judgement so it is up to the state to dictate such behavior.

Never understood that.  ???
Maybe I'm just naive.

Beardo

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-beat/Power-Play-Over-Immigration-Law-94251079.html

In a letter to the city of LA, a member of Arizona's power commission said he would ask Arizona utility companies to cut off the power supply to Los Angeles. LA gets about 25 percent of its power from Arizona.

:rofl

California: Hey we dont need you AZ, we'll cut you off.
AZ: ...
California: Why isnt my electric car charging?

Stoney Mason

Maybe I'm just naive.

Lock up this thread people.

Beardo

If you were a black guy in the sixties would you have "faith" in other people? :lol

I dont know I wasnt a black guy in the sixties.

M3wThr33

Heh. Today on Rush he was all foaming about the elections, but saying that it's still a win for Republicans, because PA has a 2:1 majority of dems to republicans, so a 54% win is actually really bad.
It's great when he does damage control. Basically harmless.

He's forgetting that only the fringe votes, and especially in off-year elections, turnout amongst people is really low, so this was a chance for tea partiers to actually make a difference. Yet again... they didn't.