Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866805 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
NEILL AUGUSTINE
Watch Hannity tonight, TheTruth, for the whole tape. Sean promised it then.

RWOLFRN
Not so sure I trust Fox to release anything with out a left slant.  They have really changed.

DPEPPER
I agree, Fox has moved to the left. Obviously Soros has gotten to Murdock and scared him off. Now they are pandering to the left audience. Just look, Fox fires Glenn Beck, then hires George Soros' mouth piece Sally Cohn. I can barely listen to Fox anymore, it sickens me that they are becoming MSNBC lite.

Too bad the left-wing conspiracy at Fox News won't let you see THE TRUTH. :(
©@©™

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
I'm just guffawing that the Breitbart people are complaining that the previously released video was *selectively edited* :lol
___

Mandark

• Icon
In all fairness, Robert Byrd was in the KKK.  So.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
PBS gives Hannity a big fuck you, posts the full video
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/government-elections-politics/the-story-behind-the-obama-law-school-speech-video/

edit: the video is clearly missing footage. I wonder if that's the point of this non-controversy: "where's the rest of the tape?!?!" He's basically just giving an introduction

According to PBS:
And while there does appear to be editing in the footage available, that was almost certainly done in 1990. The Ten O’Clock News practice was to store completed segments as aired along with any relevant additional footage that might be useful in the future.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:17:37 PM by Phoenix Dark »

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
I'm sure a young black man with an afro screaming "Kill Whitey!" wouldn't have made the 10 o'clock news, because you know that wouldn't have been a story or anything.
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I can't believe this. Even back in 1990 Obama was planning for his second-term shift to Operation Kill Whitey and PBS was helping him!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:15:20 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
You've got to wonder what the point is. Dude has one term over and done with, we know how he handles being in office, and they're still digging for secrets? I guess if you want to start a "Last term double or nothing" argument.
:9

Phoenix Dark

if he gets re-elected he'll reveal his TRUE SELF and doom America!

Phoenix Dark

Apparently Hannity didn't sound impressed, and most of the focus was on Obama hugging Bell - which they claimed was edited out by Buzzfeed earlier today  :lol

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
http://agoodcartoon.tumblr.com/

I know you posted this a couple days back, but this site is comedy gold  :lol

(Image removed from quote.)
The reason the pipeline was blocked is because Obama has a brain. A Good Cartoon.

American women understand that their reproductive rights are under attack from religious conservatives. Instead of contenting themselves with those receding rights and hoping more aren’t taken from them, they stand up in their own defence and confront the politicians responsible. A Good Cartoon.
WDW

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

He was right. That son of a bitch was right.

For a week now my routine has been the same. I can’t leave. My girlfriend left, said something about freeing herself. I think it called out to her in her dreams. I don’t know. I don’t care. Every morning this week has been the same. Brew a pot of coffee, make some toast, curse that I only bought one loaf, and watch civilization collapse.

Massive wheels dominate my home’s skyline. Every few hours there’s a ‘piff’ noise as one of the numerous wheels spits out a disc. Sometimes it hits a man. The streets are covered in blood, gore, and bone, from men either ignorant or foolish. Some wanted to save their spouses. Some thought they could get food. All are dead.

Women? Different noise. A metal clink audible up here, from thirteen stories up and three blocks away, as a chain shoots out of the hole in the wheel. Some of the women run. Most, especially democrats, embrace the chain. They’re snapped up into the sky like fish. Unlucky ones have their necks broken. It doesn’t kill them, they just flop around on these chains.

One of these wheels is outside my window today. Banging against my window, rattling its harvest to entice me outside. I recognize my girlfriend. The chain cut deep into her throat, spilled her blood over her favorite black dress. She’s still talking though, moaning with the other women. “Pig. Misogynist. Patriarchy.” A few try and get me out by showing a calf muscle or two, but I’m not stupid.

It is pointless though. They’re everywhere now. Yesterday congress, trapped since approving this god forsaken plan, apologized. They said goodbye to their families. They apologized again. They drank something rancid looking and went to sleep. Ramirez had come with an assault rifle to the congressional session to save everyone. He had arrived to late. Now he was stepping over these sleeping old men, putting a round into their heads. He didn’t have enough ammunition. He beat Bernie Sanders to death with the butt of his rifle before choking himself to death with the horrid bill.

I heard when Obama signed the bill into law with his own blood his head snapped off of his body. Just stretched out like silly string before snapping off and floating away. I wasn’t watching. I was too busy enjoying free birth control. What a god damn fool I was.

It was a good cartoon. If only we had listened.

:rofl
dog

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Most people still don't get it. It's not free contraceptives.

It's some people of child bearing age getting something out of the hundreds of $$$ they pay each month from their insurance company.

The insurance companies have enjoyed that money NOT covering it.

It's not rocket science.
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

It's also worth pointing out *gasp* contraception is NOT just used for birth control. Most women use it at some point in their lives, be it for birth control or health related issues. My mom had to go on birth control at one point due to Dysmenorrhea (menstrual pain/cramps).

I must admit I'm baffled Obama or anyone else hasn't pointed this out. Perhaps it's because many people know that already, but I'm so tired of the right framing this entirely on sexual and religious grounds.

Mandark

• Icon
It's also worth pointing out *gasp* contraception is NOT just used for birth control. Most women use it at some point in their lives, be it for birth control or health related issues. My mom had to go on birth control at one point due to Dysmenorrhea (menstrual pain/cramps).

I must admit I'm baffled Obama or anyone else hasn't pointed this out. Perhaps it's because many people know that already, but I'm so tired of the right framing this entirely on sexual and religious grounds.

Fluke actually talked about this exact issue in her testimony.  In fact (and I just found this out today) she testified about the experience of others, and never brought up her own sex life or need for contraception.

I'm glad I ignored this early on and caught up on it later.  If I wasn't secure in the knowledge that Limbaugh's been made to eat a certain amount of shit, I probably would have gotten all worked up.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
that's one of the worst political cartoon I've ever seen.  No sane woman actually believes in companies and organizations that want to limit women's healthcare.  No matter what they claim regarding corporate freedom or religious backing, all their defense comes down to is "lol don't wanna pay."
püp

Phoenix Dark

Fluke mentioned a friend who had ovarian cysts iirc, and some on the right have argued this is such a rare occurrence that it should be irrelevant. Those particular cysts may be rare, but menstrual cramps are far from rare; plus there are many other health related issues contraception can be used for.

It reminds me of the "health of the mother" issue with abortion. Many conservatives argue cases where the mother's life can only be saved by an abortion are so rare that they need not be discussed or focused on with any legislation.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
It's absolutely ridiculous.  I don't know a single woman my age or a bit older who doesn't use contraception in some way.  Most of the girls don't even use it for sex: they use it for menstrual pains, female athlete triad and anemia, cysts, general migraines and pains, among many other issues.

It's like...saying people who use anti-depressants should just kill themselves and post videos of it online.  Most people who use anti-depressants...aren't any where near committing suicide.
püp

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
I'm always reluctant to shift the conversation to ovarian cysts and menstrual cramps because it unnecessarily moves the goalposts from "hey it's my goddamn body and i'll get preggers when I choose" Although maybe I guess it does expose their laughable indifference to women's health
___

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
The debate in its current form also ignores the fact that married people may not want kids either.
dog

Mupepe

• Icon
This.  My wife has to use birth control if she wants to ever get pregnant actually.  She's unable to have children without birth control.  lulz

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
This.  My wife has to use birth control if she wants to ever get pregnant actually.  She's unable to have children without birth control.  lulz

So slutty :drool

Mupepe

• Icon
 :lol :lol :lol

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Pennsylvania's repub majority senate passed a voter suppressionID law to soon be signed by the repub governor. Great job!
©ZH

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
that dude was keee-razy

also, man, the Wingnut False Equivalency Machine is in full effect re: Limbaugh and Fluke. WHY U NO CALL OUT BILL MAHER FOR SAYING PALIN IS CUNT?????????? LOOOLLLLZ!!!!! is fillin' up my conservatard friends' pages. yucko.
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
my answer: because she *is* a cunt. and a dumb one, at that. but i don't use her as a proxy to attack a large group of women and denigrate their issues, cunts.
duc

Brehvolution

Plus, Palin's comments are completely scripted beforehand and most not by her.

Fluke was talking about personal experience not talking points.
©ZH

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Pennsylvania's repub majority senate passed a voter suppressionID law to soon be signed by the repub governor. Great job!

Voters have to provide proof they're not on contraceptives?
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Mandark got a full dose of my Libertarian Super Fiscal Conservative Except for Israel friend on Facebook last night.

I was glad to know that Palestine has been solved, thanks to the wall!
yar

Mandark

• Icon
I was going to try to bait him into calling me an anti-Semite, but thought better of it.

That quote about "the Palestinian problem" man.  Yeezus.

Phoenix Dark

Isn't it rather unlikely that a Osirak style bombing run would even work? Iran has hidden their refineries quite well, making the success of a quick unilateral bombing run unlikely for Israel's air force. Unless they plan on bombing for days, I don't see it working.

Brehvolution

I heard they hid it over by nukeweaponstan.
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

Mandark

• Icon
Isn't it rather unlikely that a Osirak style bombing run would even work? Iran has hidden their refineries quite well, making the success of a quick unilateral bombing run unlikely for Israel's air force. Unless they plan on bombing for days, I don't see it working.

I actually did a paper on Iran's nukes program and possible responses to it for an undergrad polisci class years ago, and used to follow the more obscure, nerdier blogs like Arms Control Wonk and Paul Kerr.  None of the experts seemed to think that a strike would seriously derail Iran's progress; IIRC the best case was a setback of a couple years and an Iranian effort that was a lot more diffuse and hidden.

Plus the reason Iran is so bent on going nuclear in the first place has a lot to do with perceived threats from the US and Israel, which an attack would just be reinforcing.  Of course, that requires thinking of Iran as a somewhat rational actor with its own interests, rather than an unremitting force for evil.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

Oh yeah? Well, George Bush kissed the Saudi prince. Beat that, Demoretards!
dog

Oblivion

Phoenix Dark

Just what I need, a reminder of all the dunces Obama hired to fill his economic team

Phoenix Dark

Phoenix Dark

Himu

IYKYK

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
That military industrial complex. Congressional approval is just a barrier to entry. Its scary hearing such an argument too considering the current issues being faced with Iran.

Its still hazy what was being argued though in exact terms. NATO or any International coalition could utilize the US Military without both congressional and presidential  approval? There's already precedent for Congress being put to the side with the recent Iraq war I believe.

Edit: Ahh, this is an argument for the President giving military authorization without the approval from Congress. I was all like lol wut.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 05:26:06 AM by BlueTsunami »
:9

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
If Iran doesn't allow us to run their nuclear program they're hiding something. And if they do let us in, then they're just moving it into underground bunkers they won't tell us about.

It's an entire country full of crazy people who want to do only one thing and that is invade America and establish a new Caliphate.

The fact that all of you leftists like Barack Hussein Obama, Ron Paul and Rachel Maddow want us to bow towards Mecca is not a reason for America to not eliminate its enemies.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
Was that post satire or?

He's completely serious.
MMA

Phoenix Dark

jobs numbers
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entries/us-economy-adds-227k-jobs-in-february-unemployment?ref=fpb

some analysis
The survey of household employment was similarly positive. The unemployment rate held fast at 8.3%. That, however, was due to a surge in workers into the labour force, of nearly 500,000, which offset the rise in employment entirely. Over the past few months, however, the household employment numbers have been, if anything, more bullish than the payroll figures, suggesting that the underlying trend toward improvement is very much the real thing. The employment-population ratio rose a tenth of a point to 58.6%, up from a low of 58.2% last summer. And alternative measures of unemployment are also getting better in a hurry.

Firms are adding workers across the economy. Manufacturing employment rose 31,000 in February and is up 227,000 over the last 12 months. Professional and business services continue to add labour at a rapid clip, including new temporary positions which indicate that further hiring may be on the way. The construction sector is still very weak; residential builders took on just 1,700 new workers in February. A better labour market overall, however, will raise housing demand and translate, eventually, into more of a recovery there.
http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexchange/2012/03/americas-economy

Oblivion

Is it wrong to be librul, while also finding this absolutely HIGH-larious?

Mary Brown, a 56-year-old Florida woman who owned a small auto repair shop but had no health insurance, became the lead plaintiff challenging President Obama's healthcare law because she was passionate about the issue.

Brown "doesn't have insurance. She doesn't want to pay for it. And she doesn't want the government to tell her she has to have it," said Karen Harned, a lawyer for the National Federation of Independent Business. Brown is a plaintiff in the federation's case, which the Supreme Court plans to hear later this month.

But court records reveal that Brown and her husband filed for bankruptcy last fall with $4,500 in unpaid medical bills. Those bills could change Brown from a symbol of proud independence into an example of exactly the problem the healthcare law was intended to address.

"This is so ironic," Jane Perkins, a health law expert in North Carolina, said of Brown's situation. "It just shows that all Americans inevitably have a need for healthcare. Somebody has paid for her healthcare costs. And she is now among the 62% whose personal bankruptcy was attributable in part to medical bills."

Brown, reached by telephone Thursday, said the medical bills were her husband's. "I always paid my bills, as well as my medical bills," she said angrily. "I never said medical insurance is not a necessity. It should be anyone's right to what kind of health insurance they have.

"I believe that anyone has unforeseen things that happen to them that are beyond their control," Brown said. "Who says I don't have insurance right now?"

In August, the U.S. 11th Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta agreed. Florida and 25 other states were suing, but they needed an individual to contest the mandate. "Mary Brown has standing to challenge the individual mandate," the judges said, and "as long as at least one plaintiff has standing to raise" the claim, the court can rule. The Obama administration appealed, and the Supreme Court said in November it would decide the constitutional challenge.

But by then, Brown's small auto repair shop near Panama City, Fla., had closed, and she and her husband had filed a Chapter 7 bankruptcy petition. Brown said in the petition that her only income was $275 a month in unemployment benefits.

http://www.latimes.com/health/la-na-healthcare-plaintiff-20120309,0,6657163.story

Mupepe

• Icon
:bow Real Economic Recovery :bow2

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Damn government, taking away my right to be poor and miserable!  :maf
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Barack Obama: I'm going to force you to have health insurance!
Mary Brown: Ooh, that's bad.
Barack Obama: But you're allowed to sue over it.
Mary Brown: That's good.
Barack Obama: But you have unpaid medical bills that you had to file bankruptcy over.
Barack Obama: ...That's bad.
Mary Brown: Can I go now?
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Is it wrong to be librul, while also finding this absolutely HIGH-larious?

But by then, Brown's small auto repair shop near Panama City, Fla., had closed, and she and her husband had filed a Chapter 7 bankruptcy petition. Brown said in the petition that her only income was $275 a month in unemployment benefits.

http://www.latimes.com/health/la-na-healthcare-plaintiff-20120309,0,6657163.story

IF I AM GOING TO BE FORCED TO SUBSIDIZE THIS SLUT'S LIFESTYLE I WANT HER TO POST VIDEOS

...am I doing it right?
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Someone needs to run on a campaign of forcing all recipients of government aid to take naked pictures of themselves and the government will post them on a website and they get 10 cents of welfare for each unique view per month. Let the free market decide who deserves to have that money.
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Aww, the poor little guy is all tuckered out.  :heart

Brilliant come back though, Newt is the consummate politician. :bow2 You can see the gears turning "Where am I...something about Israel I think...come on Newt hold it together...'Islam sucks.'...BOOM NAILED IT!"
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 04:16:24 PM by Joe Molotov® EDGE™ »
©@©™

Oblivion

Hey, being a self proclaimed visionary leader of an intergalactic movement is HARD WORDK. :usacry
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:39:03 PM by Oblivion »

Brehvolution

Newt was just going on the base having a short term memory. While he was right, it still didn't matter.

The media embraced it because it sold commercials and that gave him some inflated longevity. The only reason there are so many debates is to sell commercials.

The real winner of the debates is parent company of the news networks.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:48:53 PM by Zero Hero »
©ZH

benjipwns

The only reason there are so many debates is to sell commercials.
That's the ultimate underlying motive but I don't think it's the direct motive.

We can't discount that it gives them something to talk about and pretend has actual importance. The media struggled to explain the Santorum Iowa victory because only a handful of people, often from smaller media outlets, knew he had visited every county, was hitting all the churches, etc. The broader "mainstream" media basically only consider the campaign to exist within the debates and any "gaffes" or interviews that occur. (And in many ways, for people outside Iowa and NH, it's how it does exist.)

Look at how "winners" of the caucuses are treated even when in many cases they're splitting or gaining little ground in terms of delegates. (Like Santorum who "won" Iowa, Colorado, Minnesota, and Missouri and secured zero delegates from those polls.) You'd think after 2008 and the long war between Hillary and Obama that people might be more interested in these things. But we're just so used to someone driving everyone else from the field in mid-Feb and nobody cares.

The Obama camp ran up a good number of delegates in 2008 by making sure that they got actual delegates and not just winning straw polls and eventually getting nothing. It undermined any possible Hillary momentum because the delegates were locked down. The Paul camp is trying the same strategy, which isn't working for obvious reasons, but they are getting outsize delegate counts out of caucuses. While both Santorum and Gingrich could never run a true national campaign against Romney because they didn't even have campaign offices or anything in many of these places. Santorum didn't even get delegate candidates into tons of places in Ohio. He could have got 75% of the vote and still walked away with only a third of the delegates because they failed at planning. Both the Romney and Paul teams were the only ones to plan for any long slog. It's amazing that they were the only ones who even got on the Virginia ballot.

Hell, it's how McGovern got the nomination in the first modern primaries, he knew the rules because he basically wrote them. (Although he, and Carter, also gave Iowa its importance.)

Nobody actually wants to know how the caucuses and nominating processes work. Plus they're going to support the candidate anyway. Nobody would want *x* to get into office, destroy the economy and embolden the Iranian terrorist hordes.

Mandark

• Icon
The Virginia GOP changed the ballot requirements recently to prevent a semi-joke candidate like Trump or Cain winning, right?  Even Perry didn't make it, which was pretty nuts.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
The Virginia GOP changed the ballot requirements recently to prevent a semi-joke candidate like Trump or Cain winning, right?  Even Perry didn't make it, which was pretty nuts.

Yeah, that would be why turnout was abysmal and Ron Paul came in 2nd... out of 2 people on the ballot.
yar

benjipwns

IIRC, they made it so that the signatures were actually checked which they never did in years before. So people like Gingrich submitted just enough signatures to get above the threshold but then when they were checked there were like a thousand fake ones so they then fell under the number required.

Which led to Republicans agreeing that checking for fraud is an unfair burden:
On 27 December, Rick Perry filed a lawsuit - joined later by Michele Bachmann, Newt Gingrich, Jon Huntsman and Rick Santorum - in the federal District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia in Richmond that challenged provisions that determine who can appear on the primary ballot. Perry and the other candidates argued that the chairman of the Virginia Republican Party and members of State Board of Elections violated their rights by enforcing state requirements as to the number of signatures, the qualifications for signers and the requirement that all petition circulators be "an eligible or registered qualified voter in Virginia." Perry and the other litigants argued that these restrictions "impose a severe burden" on their freedoms of speech and association under the First and Fourteenth Amendment.

Phoenix Dark

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:41:49 PM by Phoenix Dark »