Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866773 times)

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #20760 on: November 03, 2012, 05:01:08 PM »
http://www.dickmorris.com/in-the-last-few-hours-sudden-danger-signs-in-polling/

Even Dick Morris has given up on Romney and it's all Sandy's fault.  :'(

Perhaps he sees this as a chance to save some face, but then again there's literally nothing that could happen to change an election from a 400 EV landslide to a slim win for the opponent - outside of Obama being caught diddling kids. Morris literally predicted Romney could get 400 EVs just a few days ago, but I'd imagine if republicans (and the Beltway) make this the narrative than it will stick. Remember, even mainstream commentators have argued Romney still had TEH MOMENTUM until the storm ruined it

乱学者

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #20761 on: November 03, 2012, 05:12:19 PM »
Where's Pat Robertson to explain why God sent a hurricane to re-elect Barack Hussein Obama

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #20762 on: November 03, 2012, 06:59:21 PM »
@ppppolls: Our final Washington poll finds the state is likely to approve gay marriage- 52% support it, 42% are opposed
:rock

More like:
 :hump
^_^

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #20763 on: November 03, 2012, 08:02:52 PM »

:lol
地平線

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20764 on: November 04, 2012, 01:41:17 AM »
Iran has suspended the enrichment of uranium stockpiles to the 20% purity needed to bring it a short step from building a nuclear device, news services in the region have reported.

Mohammad Hossein Asfari, a member of parliament responsible for foreign policy and national security, was quoted as saying that the move was a "goodwill" gesture, aimed at softening Iran's position before a new round of scheduled talks with the United States after this week's presidential elections.

Asfari said he hoped sanctions would be lifted in return for Iran's actions, otherwise it would resume the programme, according to a website belonging to the Al Arabiya news channel. Talks aimed at halting Iran's enrichment programme have made little progress, leading to the west tightening sanctions and increasing the prospect of military action by Israel.

The Islamic republic's economy has plummeted in the grip of punitive economic measures and Tehran indicated earlier this month that it would be willing to negotiate. However, the offer to suspend enrichment required so many concessions that it was dismissed by the United States.
(rest at link) http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/04/iran-suspend-uranium-enrichment

must...try...not...to...get...hopes...up

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20765 on: November 04, 2012, 01:25:14 AM »
That's a pretty major step, if it's true and if it's sincere.
dog

Timedog

« Reply #20766 on: November 04, 2012, 01:29:13 AM »
Why don't we just offer to help Iran with building/planning on Thorium plants? Wouldn't that immediately bring this whole debacle either to a close or to it's logical end?
dix

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #20767 on: November 04, 2012, 01:51:46 AM »
Why don't we just offer to help Iran with building/planning on Thorium plants? Wouldn't that immediately bring this whole debacle either to a close or to it's logical end?

Iran won't get access to Thorium until the expansion.
乱学者

Timedog

« Reply #20768 on: November 04, 2012, 06:05:47 AM »

Iran won't get access to Thorium until the expansion.

"the expansion"? I don't know what that is.

We could give them thorium or they could buy it from India or one of the other countries with huge thorium reserves.
dix

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #20769 on: November 04, 2012, 07:19:19 AM »
why don't we just send our SCVs straight into their base to be hit with neural parasite? geez

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #20770 on: November 04, 2012, 07:24:36 AM »
They need to get more peasants chopping lumber so they can build a stables.
©@©™

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #20771 on: November 04, 2012, 09:49:41 AM »
Kinda disgusted to see the shitty local newspaper here endorses Romney: http://www.newsday.com/opinion/editorial-elect-mitt-romney-president-of-the-united-states-1.4182689 . Not that print really matters in this day and age.

Nassau/Suffolk is a VERY slightly democrat area (the republicans here are more along the lines of really rich businessmen/wallstreet types rather than redneck bible thumpers) so this is disappointing to see. What I'm more worried about is their support for Altschuler for 1st congressional district. Bishop (who has been our congressman for the last 8 years or so) came within 560 votes of beating Altschuler, a "pro business" person who owns an outsourcing company.
^_^

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20772 on: November 04, 2012, 10:56:36 AM »
why don't we just send our SCVs straight into their base to be hit with neural parasite? geez

Bronze league problems

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #20773 on: November 04, 2012, 12:45:09 PM »
Iran would already have nukes if they had used MAF's old engineer rush build.

« Reply #20774 on: November 04, 2012, 12:54:50 PM »
@ppppolls: Our final Washington poll finds the state is likely to approve gay marriage- 52% support it, 42% are opposed
:rock

More like:
 :hump

Wife and I did our part by voting Yes on 74.

:rock MARRIAGE EQUALITY :rock
野球

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #20775 on: November 04, 2012, 12:56:21 PM »
Ditto- marriage equality rules #1
o_0

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #20776 on: November 04, 2012, 12:59:41 PM »
Iran would already have nukes if they had used MAF's old engineer rush build.

That was a classic Kohan match!
o_0

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20777 on: November 04, 2012, 01:47:49 PM »
If you needed any proof that a contentious presidential election was just a few days away, this appeared in the NY Post:

Quote from: New York Post
But Christie does need to go one step further and reassure his party -- and not just his party -- that he hasn't turned coat.

[...]

Yes, Christie has forcefully avoided politicking post-Sandy -- as he noted when asked about his praise for Obama.

And he was right to do so.

But true bipartisanship includes the need to make clear his belief that the incumbent's vigorous response to the disaster would have been more than matched by Mitt Romney had he been president.

lulz
dog

« Reply #20778 on: November 04, 2012, 04:52:53 PM »
I cant wait till this thing is over. My accounting professor thinks he is Jon Stewart and will not shut up. Heaven forbid Romney wins, we'll never hear the end of it. He's also the worst teacher I have ever had in my life. Go figure.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #20779 on: November 04, 2012, 05:04:13 PM »
http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/dont-blame-mitt-romney

Others are blunter. A conservative operative deeply involved with the web of outside groups spending heavily on Romney’s behalf expressed frustration recently at the failure of the flood of money being spent to move the dial.

“You keep throwing money at the problem and it just doesn't resolve,” he said a few weeks ago of the ongoing efforts to damage the president of the United States with expensive ad campaigns.

After the storm, the same operative remarked, “Obama is just the luckiest man that ever lived.”

au revoir America :usacry

Oblivion

« Reply #20780 on: November 04, 2012, 05:11:24 PM »

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #20781 on: November 04, 2012, 05:12:29 PM »

After the storm, the same operative remarked, “Obama is just the luckiest man that ever lived.”

Ya, because a devastating hurricane always results in a boost for the sitting President's popularity. 
MMA

« Reply #20782 on: November 04, 2012, 05:19:46 PM »
Wow, NCAA and madden players are the most likely to vote. Who would have thought.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20783 on: November 04, 2012, 05:53:24 PM »

Ya, because a devastating hurricane always results in a boost for the sitting President's popularity. 

The right is beyond bitter that Obama isn't getting hammered over Sandy like Bush got hammered over Katrina.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20784 on: November 04, 2012, 06:00:15 PM »
http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/dont-blame-mitt-romney

Others are blunter. A conservative operative deeply involved with the web of outside groups spending heavily on Romney’s behalf expressed frustration recently at the failure of the flood of money being spent to move the dial.

“You keep throwing money at the problem and it just doesn't resolve,” he said a few weeks ago of the ongoing efforts to damage the president of the United States with expensive ad campaigns.

au revoir America :usacry

u mad, rich people?  :geoff

spoiler (click to show/hide)
yay, new smilies
[close]
©@©™

Oblivion

« Reply #20785 on: November 04, 2012, 06:10:08 PM »

The right is beyond bitter that Obama isn't getting hammered over Sandy like Bush got hammered over Katrina.

"People got mad at Bush's FEMA for being so incompetent, but nobody gets mad at Obama's FEMA for doing a good job? WTF? ":maf :maf :maf

Oblivion

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #20787 on: November 04, 2012, 06:13:08 PM »
Just early voted, fucking california putting 11 props on the ballot. No wonder it took me an hour and a half to get into the voting booth.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #20788 on: November 04, 2012, 06:16:51 PM »
Most elections now have a plethora of bs propositions or state constitutional amendments put on there by fringe groups and cloaked in phony language. 

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #20789 on: November 04, 2012, 06:19:51 PM »
Yeah the descriptions had absolutely no detail. Luckily I read up on them a week ago and had my choices written down.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #20790 on: November 04, 2012, 06:21:37 PM »
Yeah my state has a bunch of stuff on the ballot to try to chip away at the gay marriage thing.  Since it's very difficult constitutionally to get rid of it (especially since there is a public majority favoring it here), they're doing what they can to make it easier to repeal it.  So much work to make sure two dudes can't marry. 
🍆🍆

Stoney Mason

« Reply #20791 on: November 04, 2012, 06:23:11 PM »
Yeah the descriptions had absolutely no detail. Luckily I read up on them a week ago and had my choices written down.

Yeah its getting really bad. The average joe can barely understand them or what they are trying to do. Which is often the entire point of them. They are purposely vague so the politicians who support them can leverage more power off of them. In florida the amendments are largely Republican backed schemes.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/politics/2012/nov/04/florida-voters-find-ballot-amendments-confusing-ar-553550/
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 06:25:39 PM by Stoney Mason »

Oblivion

« Reply #20792 on: November 04, 2012, 06:23:48 PM »

:usacry

« Reply #20793 on: November 04, 2012, 06:50:26 PM »
Hehe, Mitt is an asshole.
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20794 on: November 04, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
I cant wait till this thing is over. My accounting professor thinks he is Jon Stewart and will not shut up. Heaven forbid Romney wins, we'll never hear the end of it. He's also the worst teacher I have ever had in my life. Go figure.

hmmm most professors I encounter in business classes are quite conservative, although I get the impression many aren't republicans. They seem pretty down on Romney

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #20795 on: November 04, 2012, 07:16:45 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

where are all the JP games? I don't really play any of that aside from ME :P
^_^

« Reply #20796 on: November 04, 2012, 07:21:17 PM »
It's based on Facebook "likes."
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20797 on: November 04, 2012, 07:22:08 PM »

A few days ago Morris claimed the storm was indeed helping Obama's numbers, and just might win him the election. Mere days later he releases a complete retcon of his previous statement. It's pretty obvious he got some angry responses from his followers  :lol

seems to prove that he'll always have a prominent role during elections. His job isn't to accurately predict elections, it's to tell the far right what they want to hear.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20798 on: November 04, 2012, 08:08:59 PM »
A few days ago Morris claimed the storm was indeed helping Obama's numbers, and just might win him the election. Mere days later he releases a complete retcon of his previous statement. It's pretty obvious he got some angry responses from his followers  :lol

seems to prove that he'll always have a prominent role during elections. His job isn't to accurately predict elections, it's to tell the far right what they want to hear.

I read a piece by Krugman other day, where he was saying that it's entirely possible that some of these guys like Karl Rove are more interested in profiting off the culture war than actually winning it. He also linked to this article on right-wing hucksterism that made for a good read.

http://www.thebaffler.com/past/the_long_con
©@©™

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #20799 on: November 04, 2012, 08:34:52 PM »
Will there be any traction for this story about Romney staffers locking people in a freezing stadium so they wouldn't leave before Romney's speech?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20801 on: November 04, 2012, 08:42:06 PM »
From what I understand the Secret Service also wanted people to stay, so I'm not sure it was done for political reasons. More info should come out

pickle

« Reply #20802 on: November 04, 2012, 08:53:31 PM »

There actually isn't anything going on behind those eyes is there? All he does is mechanically smile and slowly moves his head from side to side. How the fuck can anyone find that charismatic?  :yuck

Stoney Mason

« Reply #20803 on: November 04, 2012, 09:12:02 PM »

I read a piece by Krugman other day, where he was saying that it's entirely possible that some of these guys like Karl Rove are more interested in profiting off the culture war than actually winning it. He also linked to this article on right-wing hucksterism that made for a good read.

There's always been this inside baseball debate among liberals about whether some of the idelogues on the right actually believe the things they say or not. And its always been a rather moot debate imo. Idealogues say the things they say because they want the world to function in a particular way. This has only increased in this day and age where people look for news to confirm their own opinions rather than actually be informed. So its all one big ball that's completely intertwined at this point. If there are almost no consequences for lying. You can make money by lying. And a part of you wishes most of the things you were lying about were true. Then its kinda like the best of all worlds. It's like getting paid to troll.

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #20804 on: November 04, 2012, 09:19:50 PM »
What's with the USA chants?
Drunk

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20805 on: November 04, 2012, 09:23:56 PM »

USA is pretty awesome, breh.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20807 on: November 04, 2012, 09:40:22 PM »

It's the standard shout-down line at conservative rallies.
dog

Oblivion

« Reply #20808 on: November 04, 2012, 09:56:59 PM »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #20809 on: November 04, 2012, 10:08:08 PM »
 :lol
püp

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #20810 on: November 04, 2012, 10:12:28 PM »
"whelp, on the plus side,the next 15 years couldn't possibly be more pointless than the last".

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #20811 on: November 04, 2012, 10:14:01 PM »

Good article.  There's a few ultra conservative family members that donate to these useless organizations.  They also read chain e-mails to get the "real news." 
🍆🍆

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #20812 on: November 04, 2012, 10:20:13 PM »
I feel like there's a certain minimum standard of intelligence, and you fail that test by voting Republican.  Unless you're a filthy rich sociopath, which I guess I can understand if not get behind.

Other than that though, I'm just not going to fuck you if you vote Republican.
yar

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #20813 on: November 04, 2012, 10:28:10 PM »
WDW

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #20814 on: November 04, 2012, 10:29:32 PM »
Seems like most of the cute girls I know are Republican, Libertarian, or don't give a fuck about politics. The politically active dems I know tend to be frumpy :(
^_^

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #20815 on: November 04, 2012, 10:38:26 PM »
Seems like most of the cute girls I know are Republican, Libertarian, or don't give a fuck about politics. The politically active dems I know tend to be frumpy :(

*Insert any footage of SE Cupp here*
MMA

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
yar

cool breeze

« Reply #20817 on: November 04, 2012, 10:54:06 PM »

I'd say this was out of Idiocracy, but President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho's administration was more receptive towards people trying to save the environment.

Oblivion

« Reply #20818 on: November 04, 2012, 11:07:46 PM »
Mitt Romney to America: That's A Nice Country You Got There. Be A Shame If Something Happened To It

*Insert any footage of SE Cupp here*

Of all the conservative females who display cognitive dissonance, my little S.E. does so the most adorably.

:heartbeat

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #20819 on: November 04, 2012, 11:22:14 PM »

I'd say this was out of Idiocracy, but President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho's administration was more receptive towards people trying to save the environment.

:lol :lol :lol
^_^