Author Topic: Olive Garden = D+  (Read 14413 times)

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Olive Garden = D+
« on: September 19, 2011, 11:45:44 PM »
o_0

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: Olive Garden = D+
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 11:55:23 PM »
The thread title is deceptive. That video doesn't say Olive Garden is a D+ restaurant; that, of course, would be ridiculous. It says their healthy options are limited...which is fine with me. Not everything has to clean my colon. Sometimes I want a Big Mac, regardless of the consequences. And sometimes I want a nice Italian meal, priced within my budget. Served in an environment where I can chill out and feel at home.

I know the "herp a derp you can't have a good meal unless it's $20 and covers 3 centimeters of the plate herp a derp" brigade will be here soon. Laugh it up cigarillos, I've got free breadsticks

drew

• sy
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 11:56:26 PM »
it's not the food, pd, it's the trash that occupies their seats

spoiler (click to show/hide)
and the food, too
[close]

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 11:57:14 PM »
I'd much rather eat Fazoli's than Olive Garden.
UK

drew

• sy
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 11:58:27 PM »
well there goes my theory

MrAngryFace

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 12:04:08 AM »
D+
o_0

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 12:10:15 AM »
The same guy who gave mcdonalds a B+ and called the double quarter pounder a healthy choice gave olive garden that D+.  That really puts things in perspective.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 12:12:09 AM »
McDonalds has protein!
o_0

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 12:18:13 AM »
D+ is generous.
野球

etiolate

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 12:18:54 AM »
He only seems to care about calories. I don't care if its less than 500 calories if it still gives me painful intestinal action.

lennedsay

• Senior MILF
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 12:19:20 AM »
D+ is generous.

Like their breadsticks amirite?!
(|)

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 12:24:55 AM »
He only seems to care about calories. I don't care if its less than 500 calories if it still gives me painful intestinal action.

Exactly.  Most of the items there were loaded with corn syrup and carbs but they were low in calories so A-!

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 12:34:08 AM »

If you're gonna start ragging on me, I'm gonna start mentioning the fact that I can afford real heroin (not that I do it, but I can) and that you can only afford a cheap synthetic substitute only fit for recreational use by dirty poors.
UK

MrAngryFace

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 12:43:48 AM »

If you're gonna start ragging on me, I'm gonna start mentioning the fact that I can afford real heroin (not that I do it, but I can) and that you can only afford a cheap synthetic substitute only fit for recreational use by dirty poors.

:lol
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 12:51:45 AM »

:bow Thor :bow2
yar

drew

• sy
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 12:58:22 AM »
a bow and a laugh, really?

drew

• sy
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 01:00:36 AM »
agreed

MrAngryFace

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 01:02:24 AM »
This thread wouldnt have happened if OG didnt exist- it tears us apart
o_0

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 01:04:10 AM »
More like

Olive Garden = ::::::::::::D~~
©@©™

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 01:15:35 AM »
She was all shocked at it getting a D+ but her guess was only slightly higher with a C-.

Chick-Fil-A minus.  :lol
[close]
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 01:17:17 AM by benjipwns »

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 01:25:01 AM »
I know the "herp a derp you can't have a good meal unless it's $20 and covers 3 centimeters of the plate herp a derp" brigade will be here soon. Laugh it up cigarillos, I've got free breadsticks

this past week,
2x four dollars for two pork and cheese pupusa's
1x seven dollars small pho with all the fatty shit
1x seven dollars chinese style fried chicken w/ rice + free tea mother fucker

MrAngryFace

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 01:45:31 AM »
yeah fuck dennys

Why do you hate Dennys? Is it because it could kill you? Cars can kill you....Olive Garden can kill you, why Dennys? Dennys is awesome- that dude would give Dennys an A+ cause they sell plain oatmeal.
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 02:20:22 AM »
I dunno if Perkins has any allies here
o_0

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 02:24:36 AM »
I haven't eaten at Olive Garden since I was 14 or so but I vaguely remember sort of liking it then. I mean, it was at least a C.
QED

MrAngryFace

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 02:27:58 AM »
Ill eat Olive Garden- if one of my friends wants to go ill fuckin go cause half of eating out is eating out with someone you dont hate. Eating out alone is shitty- even if its someplace decent.
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 02:40:29 AM »
I will eat at Olive Garden if I have to I suppose.  Their food isn't like Applebees bad or anything, they just use too much salt on pretty much everything.
yar

MrAngryFace

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 02:41:52 AM »
Really the worst things about Applebees are the dri...woah deja vu
o_0

Himu

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 03:32:09 AM »
i haven't eaten at olive garden in YEAAAARS
IYKYK

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 03:39:51 AM »
BREADSTICKS :drool
Hi

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 08:09:00 AM »
You guys are obsessed with this place, if they ever open here I will have no choice but to go there thanks to all the free Bore publicity.
Drunk

Cheebo

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 08:42:47 AM »
You guys are obsessed with this place, if they ever open here I will have no choice but to go there thanks to all the free Bore publicity.
Because PD a long long long time ago called it a high class place to take a girl for a fancy date when it is basically fast food italian food.
₩‰\

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2011, 08:58:52 AM »
And sometimes I want a nice Italian meal, priced within my budget. Served in an environment where I can chill out and feel at home.

:rofl
©ZH

Cheebo

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 09:08:25 AM »
I actually went there once a few months ago. The one by PD no less to pick up dinner for my and my gf and I assumed I would see PD there making small talk with the waitresses while chowing down on a breadstick but alas he was not in sight.
₩‰\

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2011, 09:19:49 AM »
I went to Olive Garden a few weeks ago.

Unlimited pasta, soup, and breadsticks.  8)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 09:38:35 AM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 09:34:56 AM »
Zuppa Tuscana + breadsticks = :heart
©ZH

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2011, 09:53:52 AM »
Drunk

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 10:54:12 AM »
Aren't there any good mom-and-pop Italian restaurants by you guys or am I just spoiled living in the tri-state area?
^_^

Cheebo

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2011, 10:59:25 AM »
Aren't there any good mom-and-pop Italian restaurants by you guys or am I just spoiled living in the tri-state area?
Tons by PD and I. Downtown Ann Arbor is probably the best place for non-chain nice resterants in the whole state.

But how can you deny commericals like these?
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
₩‰\

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2011, 11:03:55 AM »

I've got at least 3 in the area I live that are as close [or closer] than Olive Garden, which is why I visit OG very rarely.
dog

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2011, 11:31:31 AM »
Ill eat Olive Garden- if one of my friends wants to go ill fuckin go cause half of eating out is eating out with someone you dont hate. Eating out alone is shitty- even if its someplace decent.

I'd go if someone really wanted to. The only Olive Garden in Seattle went out of business a few years ago. Kinda surprised me since it was always busy.
野球

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2011, 11:40:32 AM »
Tons by PD and I. Downtown Ann Arbor is probably the best place for non-chain nice resterants in the whole state.

There's a real nice looking one on Carpenter, but I haven't been to it. iirc there's a Starbucks near it

Cheebo

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2011, 01:16:07 PM »
I know what you are talking about. I have seen it but never gone either.
₩‰\

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2011, 12:12:52 AM »

there's tons of italian places where i live, unfortunately nearly all of them are italian-american places i.e. meat, pasta, and a shitton of sauce & cheese.  it's good when yr drunk but otherwise i'm just like damn can i get a nice italian meal for under $15?

also i won a 25$ gift card to either olive garden or red lobster.  r u guys jelly?
pcp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2011, 09:07:00 AM »
Some years ago, I went to Olive Garden with a group of friends  There were 8-10 of us total.  The waitress came by and took everyone's order without writing anything down, then brought the free salad and breadsticks.  I never got anything that I ordered, and the waitress disappeared for a while.  When she finally came back, I told her that I never got anything, and her mouth fell open.  "I'm sooooooooooo sorry!!  I forgot to put your order in!  What did you want?" she said.  But we had to go to a movie, so I told her to forget about it and that I ate the salad and breadsticks instead.  Everybody gave her low/no tips and we left.

Only been back there once since then, since my wife wanted to go there.

This is what I do if I want some Italian food or any other food, really.  Chain restaurants don't compare.
ど助平

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2011, 01:52:34 PM »
Fuck you guys with good mom and pop places around you.  Houston has great food if you want to travel inside the city.  But anywhere outside the 610 loop is 90% chains and fast food.  Bleh.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2011, 02:17:06 PM »
I ate some Tex-Mex from a local place a few days ago. It was AMAZING.
dog

cool breeze

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2011, 02:27:38 PM »
his criticism of Chipotle is the large portion size  :wtf

my favorite part of that commercial is six seconds in when they almost let a black person speak

when it finally happens, it is to copy the white man
[youtube=560,345]cENBEap90CE[/youtube]

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2011, 02:36:55 PM »
Fuck you guys with good mom and pop places around you.  Houston has great food if you want to travel inside the city.  But anywhere outside the 610 loop is 90% chains and fast food.  Bleh.

Sounds like most of America.

:bow CITY LIVING :bow2
:piss SUBURBAN BIG BOX CHAIN SPRAWL :piss2
野球

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2011, 02:41:54 PM »
 :lol :lol

Well the thing that makes Houston shittier is that outside of like one square mile, it's one big fucking suburb.  I technically live in the city but it's just an aging suburb.  Houston proper is about a 50 mile diameter of sprawl (sans the 1 or 2 square miles of downtown area).

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2011, 02:43:41 PM »
Omaha is the same way. After vising there for the last 8 years, I'm still not used to "nice places" being in strip malls.

I live in an urban village in Seattle. It's really nice parking my car on Friday and walking everywhere all weekend.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 02:45:42 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2011, 02:47:52 PM »
 :lol

Houston at least creates fake urban areas for nice restaurants.  Most of the really good restaurants are in one of 3 areas in Houston...

Downtown (real downtown Houston)
Town Centre (a fake urban living area South of Houston in one of Houston's richest suburbs)
City Centre (Same as above except it's to the West of Houston near the fastest growing suburb)

a one bedroom 700 sq ft apartment is around 1700 dollars in town centre or city centre.  Tons of lamborghinis and shit around there too.  But it's so fake that I couldn't fathom living there.  They're both right off the highway and consist of pretentious cobbled roads and shit.  Bleh.  Nice to visit though.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2011, 02:56:40 PM »
There's some places like that in Dallas. One is well north of downtown and features all the cobblestone roads and blocky buildings you'd expect from a real city center, but it's abutted on one side by a major tollroad and one the other by huge corporate campuses.
dog

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2011, 02:58:16 PM »
There's some places like that in Dallas. One is well north of downtown and features all the cobblestone roads and blocky buildings you'd expect from a real city center, but it's abutted on one side by a major tollroad and one the other by huge corporate campuses.

We get those manufactured retail/residential communities outside in the suburbs. The urban village I live in became part of Seattle back in the late 1800s. Very different and full of urban density alongside single family homes that have been there forever.
野球

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2011, 03:23:20 PM »
Arcade Fire's The Suburbs was about when they lived in Houston. True story.
___

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2011, 03:26:04 PM »

We get those manufactured retail/residential communities outside in the suburbs. The urban village I live in became part of Seattle back in the late 1800s. Very different and full of urban density alongside single family homes that have been there forever.
:(

I really want to move to a real city

Not sure if serious.  Never heard the song so I don't know.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2011, 03:28:51 PM »
I was talking to someone at work, and I pretty much said that I dont think the 'trash food' of my youth will ever not be a part of me. I fucking LOVE a bowl of hamburger helper, a trip to Dennys, or a log of Summer Sausage. I know its full of bullshit- but goddamnit MEMORIES N SHIT DELICIOUS
o_0

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2011, 03:29:44 PM »
I never had Hamburger Helper as a kid, but every once in a while when my wife is out of town for work I'll make a box of it. I know it's bad for me but man is it good like once a year.

Serious. Lead singer and his brother (also in the band) grew up in Texas.
野球

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2011, 03:29:58 PM »
:bow Denny's :bow2
Meatlover's scramble :drool

Hamburger Helper :drool

Mac and Cheese :drool

McDonalds :drool

Fuck yeah!

Edit: Hamburger Helper warmed up the next day  :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck
:yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck :yuck
[close]

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2011, 03:30:39 PM »

well the whole album, just a random meaningless fact i thought i'd shoot out.

Edit: I'm like that with shitty food and Kraft Dinner, I know it's awful but can't help myself.
___

MrAngryFace

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2011, 03:31:15 PM »
Cheesy Hashbrown Hamburger Helper is like the most awful for you delicious wtf foodstuff ever
o_0