Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1288385 times)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Re: Official Manly Anime Thread of Joseph Joestar Vs. Vampires
« Reply #1800 on: June 26, 2012, 12:24:47 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't I have an anime about the shinsengumi that is NORMAL?
Watch the Kenshin movie coming out later this year

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1801 on: June 27, 2012, 05:22:12 PM »
Gintama is normal.

Bebpo

« Reply #1802 on: June 27, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There already was that one.  Forgot what it was called but was from 5-6 years ago and was pretty solid.

*edit: Ok, Peacemaker Kurogane

Bebpo

« Reply #1803 on: June 27, 2012, 05:28:04 PM »
Autumn 2012 chart in production

http://puu.sh/DJ4B

They're already doing an anime of Robotics;Notes?  I thought the visual novel was just coming out this summer.

Beezy

« Reply #1804 on: June 27, 2012, 05:41:22 PM »
Upgraded to Windows 7 recently. MPC+CCCP won't work properly on it. I keep getting some error and then the vid plays upside down and flipped backwards. Anyone know a fix for this? I'm settling for VLC media player at the moment.

Bebpo

« Reply #1805 on: June 27, 2012, 05:42:49 PM »
That's odd.  I use CCCP and MPC with my Win7.  Maybe uninstall all your video codecs and reinstall it again?

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1806 on: June 27, 2012, 05:51:05 PM »
Update Direct X: http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/

Set Renderer in MPC to EVR Custom

Go to CCCP Settings and check LAV under H.264

You can suck my cock later

Himu

« Reply #1807 on: June 27, 2012, 05:54:15 PM »

There already was that one.  Forgot what it was called but was from 5-6 years ago and was pretty solid.

*edit: Ok, Peacemaker Kurogane

that show fucking sucked
IYKYK

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #1808 on: June 27, 2012, 10:57:45 PM »
Nearing the end of Full Metal Brotherhood. While slower than the original series, the last half forward has been so great. Can't stop watching
dur

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1809 on: June 28, 2012, 12:35:30 AM »
Gintama is normal.
:lol

Everyone should watch Gintama anyway, it's awesome

Bebpo

« Reply #1810 on: June 28, 2012, 12:55:37 AM »
I watch Gintama through the gifs people post

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1811 on: June 28, 2012, 01:18:47 AM »
I just watched Ep 1 of Polar Bear's Cafe. Torrenting Ep 2 now. Great stuff.
Hi

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1812 on: June 28, 2012, 01:51:39 AM »
Polar Bear Cafe is a good relaxation show. The lack of loli schoolgirls is nice, as well.

Also, episode 6 is God-tier. :bow Grizzly-san :bow2
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1813 on: June 28, 2012, 12:44:07 PM »
More Jormungand is coming in October!  :rock
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1814 on: June 30, 2012, 09:58:14 AM »
Kids on the slope finale ..

baw baw baw baw baw baw :uguu

:'(

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1815 on: June 30, 2012, 05:50:17 PM »
Oh yeah, I should watch Kids on the Slope. Ordered Redline the other day along with some other stuff so I'll finally be seeing that soon.
Hi

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1816 on: July 02, 2012, 01:28:09 AM »
Lupin finale was .. interesting.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1817 on: July 02, 2012, 01:54:13 AM »
I think you mean "totally awesome."

Also, Jormungand season 2 can't come soon enough.
dog

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1818 on: July 02, 2012, 01:58:05 AM »
Well, there are parts I really loved but I didnt like the reveal of the "villain" at the end. If I could remake it I would keep everything the same but
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Almeida alive, I felt it was totally unnecessary to build up to him being such a bad motherfucker only for him to be dead and supplanted by his victim
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1819 on: July 02, 2012, 09:10:28 AM »
Lupin was kind of a mess, really.  I didn't like the Fujiko-centered episodes and liked the ones with Lupin/Jigen way more- there's a problem when your title character is boring.

The ending also made no fucking sense-
"it was all false memories but I was already a thief and a slut anyway LOL!"

And since we didn't know about the girl and her mother being the antagonists this whole time, there was no reason to care about them.
[close]

Moretsu Pirates also ended.  I really enjoyed it and it was nice to see an "early 90s-style" anime go on for 26 episodes without faltering along the way.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:14:38 AM by lyte edge »
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1820 on: July 02, 2012, 09:41:49 AM »
Lupin/Jigen for bromance of the decade :bow

"And since we didn't know about the girl and her mother being the antagonists this whole time, there was no reason to care about them." This. The grand reveal fell fucking flat because they spent the whole series building up Almeida for his eventual fall. To not get that and have him replaced by lol victim chan was awful.
[close]

fart

« Reply #1821 on: July 02, 2012, 09:43:56 AM »
NERDS

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1822 on: July 02, 2012, 10:27:17 AM »
Moretsu Pirates also ended.  I really enjoyed it and it was nice to see an "early 90s-style" anime go on for 26 episodes without faltering along the way.

Moretsu Pirates, I felt, never got close to living up to the potential of the early episodes. Everything was played way too safe. Dramatic tension never had the time to build, action scenes got resolved too quickly, the characters rarely were anything other than totally pleasant to one another, there was a distinct lack of genuine piracy, and it just hardly ever felt like any real danger existed. Maybe the last 3 episodes really blow the lid off the thing, but I'm not holding out a great deal of hope there.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1823 on: July 02, 2012, 12:06:41 PM »

"And since we didn't know about the girl and her mother being the antagonists this whole time, there was no reason to care about them." This. The grand reveal fell fucking flat because they spent the whole series building up Almeida for his eventual fall. To not get that and have him replaced by lol victim chan was awful.
[close]

And it didn't even make any sense as to WHY they took over Almeida's brain-control research stuff.   :lol
[close]

Moretsu Pirates, I felt, never got close to living up to the potential of the early episodes. Everything was played way too safe. Dramatic tension never had the time to build, action scenes got resolved too quickly, the characters rarely were anything other than totally pleasant to one another, there was a distinct lack of genuine piracy, and it just hardly ever felt like any real danger existed. Maybe the last 3 episodes really blow the lid off the thing, but I'm not holding out a great deal of hope there.

It wasn't that kind of show and never presented itself as such, other than the very beginning when a bunch of dudes all tried to go after Marika when she was offered the captain's position. 

There's a bit more tension at the end because of the seemingly-unstoppable "pirate-hunter" ship,
but after gathering together, all of the pirates kick its ass pretty easily.
[close]
  They also drop a number of hints that everything that has happened is pretty inconsequential and that there's a much bigger "sea" out there with more going on.  I'd like to see another season.

The piracy stuff not being genuine is also addressed at the end, BTW.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1824 on: July 02, 2012, 12:37:07 PM »
I would be fine with all that if it was at least more adventurous. It seemed like nearly every episode teased that something big was going to happen in the next episode, but it just never did. Instead it was setup -> quick resolution -> everybody winds up back at school by the end. The series started out pretty good, but 26 episode of it has just really worn thin without anything of consequence happening to punch things up.

It's just too much modern anime slice-of-life dressed in the trappings of something bigger. Same problem I had with Sora no Woto. I'm not saying it's a bad show, and it's better than a lot of what's out there these days, but I'm still ultimately disappointed by it.
dog

etiolate

« Reply #1825 on: July 04, 2012, 02:07:32 AM »
I actually took a gander at three animes this past week.

First was Kids on the Slope. I liked this one, though it had some rough parts. They animated the jam sessions well and the two male characters were interesting. The setting of 1960s Japan adds a lot to the series.

Polar Bear Cafe. This is sort of wtf. I don't know what to say. I watched two episodes and wasn't hooked. It does have a llama. It's got that going for it.

Right now, I'm watching Usagi Drop. I really like this one. Heavier subject matter with interesting characters. If nobody's seen this, the show is about a 30 year old career man who ends up taking care of a six year odl girl, who seems to be the daughter of his recently deceased grandfather. It's a little hard to swallow that such an old man could father a child, but I'm going with it for now.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1826 on: July 04, 2012, 10:54:26 AM »
It's a little hard to swallow that such an old man could father a child, but I'm going with it for now.

It's certainly possible:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-476980/Worlds-oldest-father-21st-child-90.html
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1827 on: July 05, 2012, 04:12:46 PM »
Episode 14 of Polar Bear Cafe was great, probably the best so far.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1828 on: July 06, 2012, 12:21:22 AM »
Here's something to wash away the bitter after-taste of modern anime:

Natsuyuki Rendezvous - It's a romance about a guy who's in love with a woman. Unfortunately, the woman's deceased husband is still hanging around in ghost form, but only the guy can see him. The characters are adults, there are no hijinks, and fanservice is not a factor here. Watch and enjoy this latest offering from noitaminA.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #1829 on: July 06, 2012, 02:03:05 AM »
Ok, Zetman sort of worked.  I wasn't sure about it in the 2nd to last ep because it seemed kind of a mess at the end, but by the end of the final ep...it works as an origin story.  Like Zetman anime = Spiderman 1.  They did a pretty good job taking a long ass manga and picking and pulling to make a 13ep general fast paced show that tells the origin of ZETMAN and ALPHAS.  They can do future seasons if they want, but this stands fairly well on its own.

Best part of the show was the music though.  The main symphonic themes were really good!

Bebpo

« Reply #1830 on: July 06, 2012, 03:30:59 AM »

This was so impressive for its time.  X as a whole was such a major influence on manga/anime and Japan.  Hell, the Psychic Force games were based completely on X.  X was also the biggest troll in the history of manga.  Writing it for 10 years, getting to the final climax cliffhanger and then abandoning the series lololollolololol

CLAMP are the ultimate trolls.  And now they are very very rich trolls :P

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1831 on: July 06, 2012, 03:44:44 AM »
If you liked X watch/read xxxHolic (:hyper) & Tsubasa ( :yuck ) for hints on the X universe

Bebpo

« Reply #1832 on: July 06, 2012, 03:49:53 AM »
I read xxxHolic (never finished the last two volumes though) and the first few volumes of Tsubasa. 

The problem is that CLAMP started getting lazy around when they started Tsubasa, and everything since has been pretty mehhhhhhhh.

CLAMP back in the day was good!

X
Clover
Suki Dakara Suki
All their one off shorts
Lawful Drug
Chobits
etc....

Anyhow, one day they will go back when they need to buy a new mansion and restart X and draw out the final volume slooooowly and it'll probably be a letdown because CLAMP of today is not CLAMP of 1999.

Bebpo

« Reply #1833 on: July 06, 2012, 04:01:08 AM »
Also to show the widespread reach of how POPULAR X was, it's the only anime to date that my mom actually liked that's not Miyazaki.

Even the Persona 3/4 games are inspired by X.  It's crazy what a big deal it was only to NOT END lololololol.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1834 on: July 06, 2012, 04:06:29 AM »
I'm kinda taken aback by someone's mom liking X considering the graphic nature of it. Tsubasa especially is a love story to all that is CLAMP that came before, but it is also the reason I dislike it. Feels like an "all stars" ep and not a real thing by itself. And the fact that a lot of xxxHolic's story progression happens in the infinitely less worthy sister manga Tsubasa pissed me off. xxxHolic is by far greater.

Bebpo

« Reply #1835 on: July 06, 2012, 04:10:54 AM »
Eh, The Matrix had violence/sex too. 

People like X because it's dark and exciting.  It's Battle Royale meets Street Fighter.  Good people forced to fight each other to the death in a battle for the end of the world.  Of love, friendship, betrayal, and lots and lots of death.  It's the kind of tale that excites the core human emotions and appeals to anyone.

Plus awesome capes/mantles & cherry blossoms.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:12:46 AM by Bebpo »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1836 on: July 06, 2012, 04:22:50 AM »
There is a difference between Matrix violence/sex and pulling a magical sword out of ones dead mother's vagina. (hyperbole) The kind of graphic scenes in X is the kind of stuff I expect adults of the 80's/90's to be offended/outraged at.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1837 on: July 08, 2012, 04:14:10 AM »

I find this interesting as fuck

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1838 on: July 08, 2012, 04:26:56 AM »
I had hoped no one would talk about Sailor Moon in here.

:yuck

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1839 on: July 08, 2012, 04:38:18 AM »
WELL I heard the show is coming back and I kind of think I should start watching again. I used to watch it as a kid, but it came on so early in the morning I missed many episodes.

The death of Nephrite was probably the most traumatic thing I saw in a cartoon as a kid outside of the death of Optimus Prime in Transformers, and Duke in the GI Joe movie

the English dub had the most ridiculous voice over for the girl lmao. dat accent  :lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1840 on: July 08, 2012, 04:42:08 AM »
I did watch it as a kid, also loved the SNES and SEGA Saturn brawlers, I just don't want to re-shame myself :-\

Tasty

« Reply #1841 on: July 08, 2012, 11:23:29 AM »
Is Fractale any good? Seems like an interesting little series.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1842 on: July 08, 2012, 12:35:31 PM »
Is Fractale any good? Seems like an interesting little series.

NO.

It's starts good, with lots of promise for Ghibli-style adventures but that is all a LIE. The whole thing is just a total mess of conflicting tones, a story that stops and starts and then flails its way through a head-scratcher ending, and characters who are just all over the place. Just don't even bother.
[close]
dog

Tasty

« Reply #1843 on: July 08, 2012, 04:07:19 PM »
I figured that was a possibility, glad I asked.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1844 on: July 08, 2012, 11:19:21 PM »
Jinri wa Suitai Shimashita [Humanity Has Declined]

This show is incredible, like LEGITMATELY incredible. I don't know what mad genius spawned this show [fake edit: it was the writer/director team from Tentai Senshi Sunred], but I must bow to that genius because it has hit upon the perfect blend of Japan Weirdness, surreal comedy, and a fresh idea. Anime is saved again!
dog

Himu

« Reply #1845 on: July 08, 2012, 11:53:25 PM »
I TOLD YOU ANIME WAS BACK

YOU STUPID BAKA
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1846 on: July 09, 2012, 12:36:41 AM »
FORGIVE ME HIMU-SAMA~
dog

Himu

« Reply #1847 on: July 09, 2012, 01:31:30 AM »
KILL THE CHICKENS

:lol
IYKYK

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1848 on: July 09, 2012, 01:32:23 AM »
Jojo will save anime

Himu

« Reply #1849 on: July 09, 2012, 01:34:59 AM »
jojo has already been saved

jojo is just more proof that anime is back
IYKYK

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1850 on: July 09, 2012, 01:42:00 AM »
Is Jojo done BTW? Kinda surprising they are continuing it after so long.

Himu

« Reply #1851 on: July 09, 2012, 01:42:57 AM »
no man, it's been done for 10 years
IYKYK

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1852 on: July 09, 2012, 01:44:33 AM »
Wow

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1853 on: July 09, 2012, 04:13:08 AM »
Dio Brando stopped time

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1854 on: July 09, 2012, 05:53:33 AM »
Jinri wa Suitai Shimashita [Humanity Has Declined]

This show is incredible, like LEGITMATELY incredible. I don't know what mad genius spawned this show [fake edit: it was the writer/director team from Tentai Senshi Sunred], but I must bow to that genius because it has hit upon the perfect blend of Japan Weirdness, surreal comedy, and a fresh idea. Anime is saved again!

weird you say? maybe i should check this ou...

fairies

*sigh* :fbm

something that the promo video with a headless talking chicken

well okay guess i can watch something with headless talking chickens
<----

« Reply #1855 on: July 09, 2012, 06:56:58 PM »
Started eatching Eden of the East on Blu-ray...

Are the movies essential? I heard the first one is total crap and not necessary.
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1856 on: July 09, 2012, 07:10:37 PM »
There's three movies, actually, but one of them is just a recap of the series. King of Eden and Paradise Lost are all new content picking up after the end of the series. Some people aren't that big on the movies [either of them] but some people really like them, so just do ahead and watch both so you can get the complete package.
dog

« Reply #1857 on: July 09, 2012, 07:54:00 PM »
Cool. Also got the Vesperia First Strike BD today. It's funny, the Western reviews complain about all these new characters who aren't in the game, but still get plenty of screen time and focus.

They're in the PS3 version. That will just give the whiners even more reason to keep whining.
野球

Himu

« Reply #1858 on: July 09, 2012, 11:43:24 PM »
Huh. Jojo is ongoing? Guess I was wrong
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1859 on: July 09, 2012, 11:54:13 PM »
Yeah I thought JoJo's was still on-going?

The whole series is divided up into stories that take place in different times and places, IIRC, with only a few supporting characters that show up in multiple storylines.  Different main characters too.  I'd like to read it all some day.

Hell, the Psychic Force games were based completely on X.

And that came full-circle with TV Animation X Unmei no Tatakai for PS1...essentially a re-skinned Psychic Force 2 with new backgrounds and music.

X was also the biggest troll in the history of manga.  Writing it for 10 years, getting to the final climax cliffhanger and then abandoning the series lololollolololol

They never finished it?!
ど助平