Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1288211 times)

Beezy

Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - Just what you'd expect from the master!
« Reply #6900 on: June 30, 2016, 03:03:14 PM »
Just recently got into the Berserk Manga and I'm already pissed that we don't know when the next chapter will be.

I'm glad I jumped in as they got off the island, years of that must have killed you guys who have been in it for far longer.
Oh shit, I guess it's time for me to catch up on Berserk. I can't even remember the last chapter that I read.

kick51

« Reply #6901 on: June 30, 2016, 04:11:05 PM »
Impulse bought Abandoned Sacred Beasts on the description alone

During a protacted civil war that pitted the North against the South, the outnumbered Northerners used dark magic to create monsterous super-soldiers called Incarnates. Now that the war has ended, those Sacred Beasts must learn to make their way in a peaceful society, or face death at the hands of a Beast Hunter.

Nancy Schaal Bancroft, the daughter of an Incarnate, turns to hunting the hunter herself. But once she catches up with her quarry, she discovers hard truths about the lives of these Sacred Beasts.

And i didnt read close enough b/c i just saw north, south, civil war and thought it was a weird alternate reality of the american civil war  :'(

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6902 on: June 30, 2016, 10:53:42 PM »
It's Japan, bruh, you should've known better.
dog

kick51

« Reply #6903 on: June 30, 2016, 11:58:17 PM »
After reading vol1, i think it is actually loosely based on the american civil war in terms of its aesthetics and some superficial references.  Seems fun but i feel like ialready know how it ends.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6904 on: July 01, 2016, 07:40:12 PM »
Yeah, that'd be fine with me.
dog

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #6905 on: July 01, 2016, 08:46:54 PM »
I was gonna ask for Anime Church Sunday but I figured if I asked it probably wouldn't happen like last time. Wrath clearly has the magic touch. :bow2
Boo

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6906 on: July 02, 2016, 07:23:47 PM »
Probably start in a few hours.

https://cytu.be/r/The_Bore_Does_Horror
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6908 on: July 02, 2016, 09:48:56 PM »
New Berserk looks off  :-\
More than off, positively 'eh'. They hit the tone, but the music is bleh and the animation quality doesn't bode well for any upcoming action. Looks like it's gonna have the typical uneven quality of a TV productionm where they save their budget for some pivotal scenes and shoestring it for everything else.
It's highlighted particularly well when he gives the tree monster a sagittal cut. Freeze-framing the moment and blasting dramatic music over it is the exact opposite of impactful, but it's probably much, much cheaper than to actually animate a much shorter scene of its body reacting to getting hit by an absurd weapon. Disappointing nonetheless. They even go out of their way to fetishize his sword, but then they cheap out like this. I wanna see bits limbs off and pirouette through the air as he smoothly transitions to the next cut, not a bunch of glorified stills. :<

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6909 on: July 02, 2016, 09:56:19 PM »
The doors to anime church are now open, brethren.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6910 on: July 02, 2016, 11:34:02 PM »
Wrath is now a born-again anime fan. Praise Hideki Anno-sama.
dog

Tasty

« Reply #6911 on: July 03, 2016, 01:01:46 AM »
One Punch Man coming to Toonami in two weeks, I'm excited :preach

Bebpo

« Reply #6912 on: July 03, 2016, 02:40:05 AM »
Watched Berserk, enjoyed it a bunch.  Other than rushed storytelling and some poor action direction, I thought it was fine and a solid start. 

Then again I play fucking rpgs, I'm fine with CG storytelling and some ugly art.  I was actually impressed how close to 2d it looked in some shots.

Also was way more violent than I expected.  Nailed the tone.  Might be a lot closer adaptation than I expected.  And Puck and Isidro!  Oh man, so happy to finally get post eclipse berserk animated.  I hope Shirke in the opening means the anime will at least go past where she's introduced.  Her and Serpico are my faves.

Hope this gets a season two.  24 eps is probably enough to do about half the story post-eclipse.  They could probably get to the boat with a 2nd season.

Tasty

« Reply #6913 on: July 03, 2016, 05:21:34 AM »
I already waste too much time marathoning shit. Right now I'm doing Arrested Development for the xth time, along with OITNB and the bevy of movies I'm burning through.

And I always watch Toonami if I'm free, so it seems like a great way to watch it without going out of my way. Since it's apparently short, spacing it out to an ep a week will probably be better anyways.

Parasyte on Toonami was some hype shit. Cliffhangers have so much more of an impact with a week wait between episodes.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6914 on: July 03, 2016, 11:13:47 AM »
Hope this gets a season two.  24 eps is probably enough to do about half the story post-eclipse.  They could probably get to the boat with a 2nd season.
Yeah, it seems that they're going to contract it a bunch, cut out some fluff, move up later introductions. What they did in the first episode was smart. Even Farnese and Serpico already showed up. I wonder which apostles they're going to leave in until he's assembled his RPG party.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6915 on: July 03, 2016, 11:35:56 AM »
lawl, I forgot how bonkers Excel Saga is. It's been a long time since I've seen it.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6916 on: July 03, 2016, 08:46:27 PM »
I gotta do some family stuff later this evening, so I don't know if I'll be there or not either.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #6917 on: July 03, 2016, 10:38:01 PM »
I need some recs for some shows that you can't put down.  They don't have to be good necessarily, but a lot of the good/great shows I've been watching over the last couple of years haven't been "need next episode" continuing cliffhanger exciting narrative adventure.  A lot of good/great shows also tend to be more character pieces so they're slower and less engaging than plot-based stuff.  I've got enough shows that I'm watching one episode or two a week, I posted earlier that I'd just finished Yamato 2199, and I'm watching Garo, Shirobako.

Here's stuff in my backlog.  Are any of them the kind of stuff that you finish in a couple of sittings and can't put down?  I blew through Mr. Robot last weekend and it was a blast.  I miss anime like that.  Anyhow this is what I have in my backlog to watch:  Concrete Revolutio, Ping Pong, Aldnoah Zero, Ano Hana, Erased, Captain Earth, Durarara X2, God Eater, Kill La Kill, Knights of Sidonia, Majestic Prince, Noragami, Space Dandy, Steins;Gate, Uchoten Kazoku, Valvrave. 

Also have some OAVs in my backlog like Code Geass Akito the Exiled & Towa no Kuon and a ton of movies like like 4 Ghibli Films (Poppy Hill, Marine, Wind Rises, Kaguyahime), Ibaro no Ou, Hoshi wo omou kodomo, Memoirs of a Huntress, Eden of East movies.

Yeah, I've got quite a bit of a backlog ^^;  That's what happens when you stop watching anime around 2013 but still backlog the good stuff to watch someday.  I've seen like 1 anime/year since 2013 (Gundam Build Fighters S1, Fate/Zero, Iron-Blood Orphans S1, Yamato 2199).

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #6918 on: July 04, 2016, 09:25:02 AM »
Out of all the shows you've listed, Erased is the one with most "need next episode" cliffhanger factor you're looking for. Steins;Gate has a bit of that too.
Boo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6919 on: July 04, 2016, 09:58:27 PM »
Arslan is back!

But it's only eight more episodes.  :'(

Bebpo, add The Heroic Legend Of Arslan to your list.  And JoJo's.  Also Haven't You Heard?  I'm Sakamoto.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #6920 on: July 04, 2016, 10:46:49 PM »
I'm down to watch JoJo someday, Arslan remake of classic show to look like FMA?   :yuck 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6921 on: July 04, 2016, 11:23:55 PM »
I'm down to watch JoJo someday, Arslan remake of classic show to look like FMA?   :yuck 

The FMA manga artist did/is doing an Arslan manga series, which the new anime is based on.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #6922 on: July 05, 2016, 12:13:07 AM »

The FMA manga artist did/is doing an Arslan manga series, which the new anime is based on.

I know, I'm just not a fan of the designs.  If I wanted to experience the Arslan story I'd read the original manga or watch the old anime instead.

I guess I'll get some hate here, but I really don't like Fullmetal Alchemist.

I liked the original series even if there's some dumb anime original stuff in it.  The direction by Mizushima was excellent and the anime was crazy stylish.  Had fantastic music too.  Was just an all around great production and even the movie true ending was cool.

Brotherhood is literally the manga, in speed through form, it's kind of visually boring and standard to watch imo and I didn't really like the manga that much so I don't prefer brotherhood's story direction over the anime original ending of the first series.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 12:17:55 AM by Bebpo »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6923 on: July 05, 2016, 10:35:59 AM »

:cmonson

There is no "original manga" for this series, btw.  It's a novel series that is still on-going AFAIK and has had more than one adaptation.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #6924 on: July 05, 2016, 07:54:02 PM »
I was watching some ep1s and I realized I don't really care about animation quality/art in anime anymore.  Like I watched Nightow's Blood Brigade Blockade ep1 the other day and yeah the animation was all nice and fluid but it was just another shounen call out your moves and slash a dozen guys at once thing and put me to sleep.  I liked Erased ep1, but that was for the story, not the animation, can't recall a thing about the animation/art.  And like I said on the last page I enjoyed Berserk despite it looking ugly, the only part that actually took me out of it was the giant tree monster which was like PS1 CG but it's a fucking giant tree monster who gives a shit.  *shrug*  I like Garo a lot, but that's mainly because the character designs are retro styled and I dig the retro anime look.  The CG action is ugly but whatever I enjoy it.

Guess I gotta turn in my anime card.

Although I'll admit I do have one last elitism hold on that I'll probably never give up in anime, which is I still don't care for CG mecha.  2d robots for life.

helios

« Reply #6925 on: July 05, 2016, 08:18:47 PM »
CG anime  :yuck

dkdk

« Reply #6926 on: July 05, 2016, 08:26:40 PM »
Blood Blockade Battlefront is sweet. Although there's barely a plot.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6927 on: July 05, 2016, 09:58:41 PM »
Like I watched Nightow's Blood Brigade Blockade ep1 the other day and yeah the animation was all nice and fluid but it was just another shounen call out your moves and slash a dozen guys at once thing and put me to sleep.

Uh...it's really not, though. Like, at all.
dog

kick51

« Reply #6928 on: July 06, 2016, 12:20:04 PM »
had a $10 amazon credit, used it on Prison School vol.1

been reading Akira.  I've had all 6 vols forever and not sure why I've put off reading it. 

Tasty

« Reply #6929 on: July 06, 2016, 02:53:31 PM »
what's a good anime ranking site

it's hard to take animenewsnetwork seriously when a harem anime is in the top 10 :doge

There used to be a very well designed one a few years ago, forget the name though.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #6930 on: July 06, 2016, 09:52:07 PM »
hummingbird?

Tasty

« Reply #6931 on: July 06, 2016, 11:01:59 PM »

kick51

« Reply #6932 on: July 08, 2016, 03:11:03 PM »
more adventures in blind buying manga

PRISON SCHOOL vol.1

What I thought I was getting:

What I got:

I'm not mad! 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6933 on: July 08, 2016, 03:26:33 PM »
Prison School really is the greatest. You should definitely check out the anime, too.
dog

kick51

« Reply #6934 on: July 09, 2016, 10:42:24 AM »
Prison School really is the greatest. You should definitely check out the anime, too.

yeah I burned through book 1 yesterday, got 2 coming today, 3 on monday, then 4 is out in 2 weeks  :lawd

then 5 in november  :'(  waiting for manga to come out is the worst.  I usually just assume it's gonna be delayed a year. 

but yeah, shit was funny on every page.  The vice president is so R.Crumb it hurts.  :whew

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #6935 on: July 09, 2016, 07:02:40 PM »
Anime night tonight, brehs?

I'd be down for tonight or Sunday. Everyone in this thread needs to check out Thunderbolt Fantasy, AOTY potential brehs.
Boo

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6936 on: July 09, 2016, 08:47:17 PM »
Gotta take a quick shower, then we'll do some anime church.
dog

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #6937 on: July 09, 2016, 09:12:59 PM »
dj plug is back up btw

helios

« Reply #6938 on: July 09, 2016, 09:18:17 PM »
Anime night tonight, brehs?

I'd be down for tonight or Sunday. Everyone in this thread needs to check out Thunderbolt Fantasy, AOTY potential brehs.

Fucking puppets putting CG trash to shame.

Puppets!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 09:42:29 PM by helios »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #6940 on: July 10, 2016, 03:49:17 AM »
Blew through most of Erased tonight.  Will finish it next session.  I like it but the show would be a lot better if they didn't make it really obvious who the killer was early on in the show from the character design & later through the voice actor.  Unless it turns out to be a red herring I guess.

Bebpo

« Reply #6941 on: July 10, 2016, 05:41:41 AM »
Nm, couldn't stop watching it.  Finished the show.  Yeah good show but they shouldn't have let the audience know who the killer was right away + the final ep was kind of dumb, but was still somewhat satisfying so enjoyable show.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Forget his master plan in the end of knowing the guy would take him to the roof and he'd fall at an exact spot, moreover how do you end up in a coma from drowning.  Unless the implication was the teacher went back and saved him, but if that's it, it wasn't very clear. 

Moreover since the audience knew the teacher was the killer it was frustrating seeing the guy miss all the obvious clues.  Like he has this power of the future but he still does a pretty shite job using that to catch the bad guy.  But anime, so whatever.
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6942 on: July 10, 2016, 04:43:32 PM »
Watched ReLife on Crunchyroll (all 13 episodes are up) over the last few days.  The show is about a "half-NEET" 27 year-old who quit his job after three months, couldn't find anything else, and now just works part-time while otherwise being a shut-in.  He gets approached by a dude offering him a job -to take part in a year-long experiment- which involves him taking a pill that will make him look 10 years younger and going back to the high school.

The idea here is that "losers" get to go back to school and grow more socially, but there's kind of a flaw here in that the main character really is already a good guy and not socially-awkward.  But that's OK, because it ends up being about him helping high school students to grow and start relationships.  He's also, predictably, not the only ReLife guy around.

What sets this apart from a lot of your other typical crap is that the show has some really good characters and decent humor.  It's not harem crap and just a solid story about relationships and improving oneself.  If I have any real complaint, it's that the show ends too abruptly, but it's based on a web-comic and I guess they just ran out of material.

Anyway, it's worth a watch.  My wife absolutely loved it and also loved how they use different older songs as the end credits.  I didn't know any of them but she was singing along, lol.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6943 on: July 10, 2016, 08:14:50 PM »
Gonna skip tonight, might do next Sunday though.
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6944 on: July 10, 2016, 08:38:20 PM »
The 2nd episode of Berserk was OK, but it made obvious just how much fluff they dropped. They'll make it to the 2nd eclipse for sure.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #6945 on: July 11, 2016, 05:19:04 PM »
I watched the Macross Plus Movie Version a few days ago. See, I was trying out my new set-up. I had to order a 30ft HDMI cord to hook my computer up to my tv for good ole streaming(the PS4 and Xbox just can't do MKV streaming from my cloud) and to test it I played a few high quality HD rips like the Evangelion Blu ray and Macross PLus. Hey, I'll buy these Blu rays if they actually release them here. Anyway, I've only ever seen the OVA version of PLus because thats what I own and was easy to purchase. So when I downloaded the Blu ray torrents I must have only downloaded the movie. I put it on as a simple test and ended up just watching it. I forgot how good Plus is. It's more mature then I think 95% of anime. The characters are really actual adults complete with being kind of shitty and selfish adults. Honestly, the characters kind of behave in real ways(except maybe that episode 4 rule of cool battle). I don't know, Plus is just anime at it's best. A well plotted story which the movie version cuts all the fat out. Plus it's got some awesome mech battles with Guld vs Isamu final battle simply being one of my favorite scenes in anime.

Plus is one of the titles I recommend to people who aren't into anime. One because it seems kind of overlooked now and because it isn't filled with anime bullshit.

Anyway, I'm going to start watching some of the anime people here recommended.

I did watch episode 1 of Blood Blockade. It had some nice animation and a cool style. Story could be cool, but I'm not sure what to make out of it.

Aldoh Zero I've got and that Iron Fortress show. I'm going to watch Akito of the Exiled because it's over now.

Also Gundam stuff! Thunderbolt looks awesome and I've been watching Iron Blooded Orphans on Toonami. Episode 5 was kind of one of the best Space Battles I've seen in Gundam, I don't know it just seemed to actually account for well.................it being space unlike Seed where shit just happens and people spam lasers and whatnot. Show seems to be good. Also Origin looks great, but I've read the manga.

Also man I downloaded the Giant Robo Blu ray rips. GIANT ROBO IS AN ANIME MASTERPIECE PEOPLE!

Rahxephon91

« Reply #6946 on: July 11, 2016, 05:23:14 PM »

Man this why I like anime.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6947 on: July 11, 2016, 07:36:10 PM »
Macross Plus is so good. Animation, art, characters, story, music...it's just all top-notch, some of the best the industry has ever produced.
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6948 on: July 11, 2016, 09:47:59 PM »
I loved the Giant Robo animated series. It sure was lame how long it took the final episode to come out.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6949 on: July 11, 2016, 10:29:49 PM »
Macross: DYRL :lawd
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #6950 on: July 11, 2016, 11:50:20 PM »
FYI thunderbolt has a movie coming out at the end of this month that's the eps with more footage.  I've been holding off on it for that reason.

Bebpo

« Reply #6951 on: July 11, 2016, 11:51:27 PM »
I loved the Giant Robo animated series. It sure was lame how long it took the final episode to come out.

Yeah it's my favorite OAV of all time.  Took a long while but man that finale ep is such a great payoff.  Series is perfect from start to finish.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6952 on: July 12, 2016, 07:35:57 AM »
More new animuu~

91 Days- Mafia drama, taking place during the prohibition era, but in what does not appear to be the States and in some lawless territory.  The main character's family were brutally murdered by gangsters when he was a kid and he runs away, only to come back later to meet up with his buddy, who has become a bootlegger.  Has a few character designs that look a bit too modern, but other than that I liked the first episode.

Shokugeki No Soma- Season 2 is underway, picking up right from where the first season left off.  I never thought I'd like a show about cooking battles...but it's fun.

Mob Psycho 100- Has a bit of a weird/ugly art style (on purpose) and is about a con-artist "psychic" who has fooled a junior high school kid into being his protege.  Only the protege, Mob, is actually psychic and can use his powers to stop/exorcise ghosts.  Good for some laughs.

Masou Gakuen HxH- This season's  :nsfw anime.  Did I say  :nsfw?  Better make that  :nsfw :nsfw :nsfw :nsfw :nsfw :nsfw :nsfw.  This is sort of like Valkyrie Drive, only dialed up even more and with a dude instead of all girls.  There's weird monsters invading and naturally only high school kids with special powers to summon "armor" (AKA next to nothing) and weapons and shit can save them!  But how do they power up?  Why, by being fondled and made to orgasm, of course!   This show is so lewd that a network or two banned it from airing in Japan.  :lol
:dead
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6953 on: July 12, 2016, 10:14:59 AM »
Oh shit, Mob Psycho 100 is from the same guy who created One Punch Man!
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6954 on: July 12, 2016, 11:03:12 AM »
Yeah, check out the manga. You can see the heritage immediately if you've ever seen the original One-Punch Man drawings, before Yusuke Murata's version started.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #6955 on: July 12, 2016, 04:57:55 PM »
Watched the first half of Kuromukuro on Netflix, Ancient Samurai, Mecha's what's not to like, the production values are pretty good wish the Mecha was not CG though.

I am disappointed that the American character doesn't have a ridiculous haircut and speak in broken Japanese, and there are training montages but no cheesy 80's music playing.  :cmonson
[close]

Having a pair of Mulder and Scully look-alikes, as extra-terrestrial investigators no less :lol
[close]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 07:16:52 PM by D3RANG3D »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6956 on: July 13, 2016, 12:48:09 AM »
what this shit say?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6957 on: July 13, 2016, 01:44:00 AM »
The 2009 Birdy the Mighty tv show is pretty solid.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6958 on: July 13, 2016, 10:55:17 PM »
the bore is failing me once again

Bebpo

« Reply #6959 on: July 14, 2016, 12:22:10 AM »
the bore is failing me once again

Need context.  The etched/faded out font makes it so some of the letters could be one letter or the other.  Could be Kono bokura tachi ("us"), could be something no something.