Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1081921 times)

Re: Corona Thread |OT| Money-printer goes BRRRR
« Reply #3480 on: March 22, 2020, 02:26:34 PM »
https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1241751431058726912

I thought it was a parody account, but its his official account posting a picture of a Venezuelan flag. A country now famous for lacking basic necessities and whose government they're attempting to overthrow...  :neogaf

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3483 on: March 22, 2020, 02:34:58 PM »

Shit is chaotic right now, alright. :cenk

shill
ghoul >:(

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sorry Ghoul, you're alright. :doge
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3484 on: March 22, 2020, 02:35:20 PM »
🤴

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #3486 on: March 22, 2020, 02:40:46 PM »
My neighbors next door are throwing some kind of redneck pool party at the moment. They have a sprinkler and an inflatable child size pool. They have invited enough people that there are cars parked up and down both sides of the street. My neighbors on the other side are both elderly.
WDW

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3487 on: March 22, 2020, 02:46:47 PM »
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3489 on: March 22, 2020, 02:59:13 PM »
650 deaths in Italy today, vs 800 yesterday.

Their numbers are finally going down, same with the number of infected a 1000 less.
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #3490 on: March 22, 2020, 03:10:17 PM »
https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1241780756617273345

:drudge  :gentleman :drudge  :gentleman :drudge

:cac

Pure karma after voting against the 9/11 first responders bill..
^_^

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #3491 on: March 22, 2020, 03:27:20 PM »

每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3492 on: March 22, 2020, 03:29:25 PM »
Syria has confirmed the first case.
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Bebpo

« Reply #3495 on: March 22, 2020, 03:54:15 PM »
Spent 2 hours last night and 3 hours this morning trying to get this amazon whole foods market delivery thing to work. Doesn't show any delivery times for me or my parents addresses, but shows for my brother but when I go to checkout it still says no times available on the final place order screen :|

Somehow my brother got an order through yesterday.

Just gonna go to the market on Mon or Tuesday, but would've been nice if this worked.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3497 on: March 22, 2020, 04:04:09 PM »
Spent 2 hours last night and 3 hours this morning trying to get this amazon whole foods market delivery thing to work. Doesn't show any delivery times for me or my parents addresses, but shows for my brother but when I go to checkout it still says no times available on the final place order screen :|

Just gonna go to the market on Mon or Tuesday, but would've been nice if this worked.
yeah, the cvs pharmacy delivery didn't work out at all either ::)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3498 on: March 22, 2020, 04:18:26 PM »
"Well my lord it looks like this virus might spread and infect millions of people. We are most certainly facing tragedy in a matter of weeks"

"Hmm yes, the situation is dire. Do you know what that means my boy?"

"A leadership election sir?"

"Right you are my boy, time to bring out the knives and show Boris how we do things around 'ere!"

"But isn't that dangerous sir?"

"Liberal Nonsense my boy. Time to leave this so called "World Health Organization" doesn't look very healthy to me, what did they ever do for us?"
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #3499 on: March 22, 2020, 04:19:21 PM »

:'(

For supplies or RX stuff? I got CVS to mail my standard RX meds in the regular mail and they arrived but haven't tried them for supplies.

BisMarckie

« Reply #3500 on: March 22, 2020, 04:21:06 PM »
A roof tile broke today, I have the worst timing ever.

Now I need to find a roofer that is still working. :existential

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3501 on: March 22, 2020, 04:23:51 PM »
A roof tile broke today, I have the worst timing ever.

Now I need to find a roofer that is still working. :existential
Are you near the border? The Netherlands is still open for most business  8)
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3502 on: March 22, 2020, 04:32:23 PM »
Daily numbers :
Italy less bad than yesterday for new cases and deaths. Hopefully it continues.
Spain not good.
USA new cases still soaring.
Iran and France, not great but it plateaud for a couple of days.
Switzerland has a lot of cases relative to size.
ὕβρις

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3504 on: March 22, 2020, 05:02:34 PM »

For supplies or RX stuff? I got CVS to mail my standard RX meds in the regular mail and they arrived but haven't tried them for supplies.
they wouldn't send my mum's meds. I had to go in and it was something about one of them needing to be stored in refrigeration and there was a conflict with some new pill that causes heart murmurs when coupled with nudexta. the refrigeration is only necessary for transport, once we get it home it's not required. both issues seem like they could have been worked out online or over the phone  ::)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #3506 on: March 22, 2020, 05:05:39 PM »
brehs...
the takes just won't stop coming

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3507 on: March 22, 2020, 05:10:00 PM »
Damn you spaghetti genes !
ὕβρις

Bebpo

« Reply #3508 on: March 22, 2020, 05:13:14 PM »

they wouldn't send my mum's meds. I had to go in and it was something about one of them needing to be stored in refrigeration and there was a conflict with some new pill that causes heart murmurs when coupled with nudexta. the refrigeration is only necessary for transport, once we get it home it's not required. both issues seem like they could have been worked out online or over the phone  ::)

That sucks, sorry to hear that  :(

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3512 on: March 22, 2020, 05:57:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/KATCTV3/status/1241804548139823104

I walked into Remoulade on Bourbon Street tonight and thought of you fellas. A table full of gorgeous symptoms, every shade from loss of smell to dry cough. All feverish, wearing scraps for masks. I could feel your short breath all the way from here. Then I got COVID19.
ὕβρις

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #3513 on: March 22, 2020, 05:58:05 PM »

eh, not bad

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3514 on: March 22, 2020, 05:59:19 PM »
Man I love this guy

nudemacusers

« Reply #3516 on: March 22, 2020, 06:04:02 PM »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Occam

« Reply #3517 on: March 22, 2020, 06:40:39 PM »
America is so screwed. Latest example:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/us/coronavirus-cruise-ship-costa-luminosa.html

Lots of probably infected people from a cruise ship flew back to the US and were allowed to leave/continue to travel without testing or being quarantined.
Nearly 400 Americans and Canadians were evacuated from the Costa Luminosa, an Italian cruise liner, after several passengers tested positive for the coronavirus. They flew home anyway.

“Passengers with no symptoms upon arrival were given health information advising them to stay home for 14 days after returning from travel, monitor their health and practice social distancing as they continued to their final destination.”

Several passengers acknowledged that they or someone in their party had high temperatures when the C.D.C. checked. But as long as their temperatures fell after repeated tries, they were allowed to go home.

Passengers said they booked flights to California, Arizona, Florida and elsewhere across the United States and Canada.

Ms. Nordlund did not respond to questions asking whether it made sense to allow people who had been instructed to self-isolate to travel on commercial aircraft, potentially exposing them to other passengers.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #3519 on: March 22, 2020, 06:48:49 PM »
Keep testing until the temperature shows low enough

:dead

It's time for the government is intentionally killing us theories to gain traction
:O

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3520 on: March 22, 2020, 06:55:58 PM »
The UK dragged their feet but it seems they'll probably have a similar lockdown. Some big chains are closing tomorrow.
ὕβρις

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3521 on: March 22, 2020, 07:01:48 PM »

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #3523 on: March 22, 2020, 07:48:02 PM »
30% unemployment and 50% drop in gdp, Thanks Trump :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3524 on: March 22, 2020, 07:59:45 PM »
30% unemployment and 50% drop in gdp, Thanks Trump :lol
And the Democrats block quickly passing relief so the stock markets will be in free fall tomorrow.
🤴

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #3525 on: March 22, 2020, 08:04:31 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3527 on: March 22, 2020, 08:51:06 PM »
The last of the three tenors.
que

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #3528 on: March 22, 2020, 08:59:15 PM »
The virus was obviously engineered to take out sex offenders.

Thats why it affects men so much worse that women.

Thats why all these rich politicians are getting it, but regular people arent.

Of course, that begs the question...what the fuck was going on in Wuhan? Is wet market code for something...?
:O

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #3529 on: March 22, 2020, 09:08:40 PM »
The virus was obviously engineered to take out sex offenders.

Thats why it affects men so much worse that women.

Thats why all these rich politicians are getting it, but regular people arent.

Of course, that begs the question...what the fuck was going on in Wuhan? Is wet market code for something...?

If this were true then why is this forum still so active

shosta

« Reply #3530 on: March 22, 2020, 09:16:24 PM »
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
Re: Corona Thread |OT| A lot of good things are going to happen.
« Reply #3531 on: March 22, 2020, 09:21:48 PM »
Stores should raise the prices; that would be the appropriate thing for them to do, and it works out better for everyone.

If say, toilet paper... if toilet paper costs what it appropriately should right now given the sudden scarcity, people who need it would have it available to buy in the store at the correct price instead of panicked randos buying it up cheap because the stores can't - by law - make the adjustment they should.  Increasing the price means said randos can't walk away with so much and wouldn't want to in the first place.  This also obviously incentivizes increased production.

Same principle where concerts don't cost what they should and scalpers swoop in and take profits because they get what people are actually willing to pay.

The concert example shows the opposite of what you think it does: an efficient* market for Rolling Stones tickets results in a lot of people who like the Rolling Stones not seeing them live. Which is fine, not everyone needs to see the Rolling Stones. But it does not "work out better for everyone." Likewise, raising the price of toilet paper will not ensure that everyone has access to toilet paper.

I hope this clears things up for you. Cheers, buddy.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
*In the sense of finding a clearing price with no transaction or information costs blah blah blah.
[close]

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Leadbelly

« Reply #3533 on: March 22, 2020, 09:29:44 PM »
May have been posted before but...

Lorenzo Sanz: Former Real Madrid president dies after contracting coronavirus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51991851

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3534 on: March 22, 2020, 09:36:37 PM »
Quote from: Gamestop e-mail
To Our Valued Guests,

Over the last week, you've continued visiting our stores to purchase the entertainment and connectivity products and devices that are enabling you to find some degree of normalcy in these very trying times. We thank you for your continued loyalty to GameStop and your trust in us to deliver the products that you need. With customer and employee safety as our paramount concern, we're announcing a new way of making our stores and our wide array of gaming, accessories and collectibles products accessible to you during this time.

New Store Pickup Procedure: Delivery@Door

Beginning today, Sunday, March 22, only employees will be allowed inside our stores. To continue to serve you from these locations, we are offering a contactless delivery service called Delivery@Door at all store locations across the country where state or local laws allow. The process is simple - just go online via GameStop.com  or the GameStop App to place your order and simply select the pick up option for your local store. Your order confirmation email will contain additional instructions, including a notice when your order is ready and the phone number of the store. Just call when you arrive and one of our associates will meet you at the door with your product. Of course, you can also continue having items delivered to your doorstep also through GameStop.com  or the GameStop mobile app. If, for any reason, you were unable to order your products in advance and the product is in stock in the store, one of our associates can also assist you while you remain in your car. Credit Card chip only transactions can be processed onsite.

While we are operating under Delivery@Door protocols, we will not be able to accept returns and exchanges. We will, however, be adjusting our exchange and return policy to allow you more time to return recent purchases once our stores are fully reopened. Finally, in order to ensure your and our associates utmost safety, we have temporarily suspended our product-trade-in service. Please make note that we have reduced our store operational hours to 12 p.m. - 8 p.m.

Our Associates

It is important to take a moment to recognize the unending commitment and efforts of our store associates during this time. They are truly passionate about the service they provide our customers and the gaming community. All U.S. GameStop employees have been ensured that they do not have to work if they are not comfortable ( :foodcourt  -Me), or need to stay home to care for a family member. They have also been instructed to stay home if they feel sick or in any way they may have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19. GameStop will pay all U.S. employees impacted by this an additional two weeks at their regular pay.

We thank you again for your patience and loyalty and look forward to continuing to provide you with the gaming, entertainment, and connectivity products you require to stay virtually connected while at home.

Leadbelly

« Reply #3535 on: March 22, 2020, 09:50:02 PM »
Basically echoes what we already know

Coronavirus: When will the outbreak end and life get back to normal?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51963486
But even if the number of cases starts to fall in the next three months, then we will still be far from the end.

It can take a long time for the tide to go out - possibly years.

It is clear the current strategy of shutting down large parts of society is not sustainable in the long-term. The social and economic damage would be catastrophic.

What countries need is an "exit strategy" - a way of lifting the restrictions and getting back to normal.

But the coronavirus is not going to disappear.

If you lift the restrictions that are holding the virus back, then cases will inevitably soar.

Basically no way out.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #3536 on: March 22, 2020, 09:53:07 PM »
Quote from: Gamestop e-mail
To Our Valued Guests,
We really needed to sell Animal Crossing and Doom Eternal you stupid fucks! Now shut up and leave us alone.

Reggie halp!

fixed

Bebpo

« Reply #3537 on: March 22, 2020, 10:02:21 PM »
I feel like if no one can come up with a solution for a year until there's a vaccine (and then give 2 months to vaccinate the entire world), the solution is just going to be to give up and go back to normal and figure a % of the population is going to die and move on. Some people will continue the bunker/quarantine/wfh lifestyle, but a good percentage of the population, especially the younger people will get back out and do normal stuff, go the movies, go shopping, eat out and things will go back to normal a certain amount.

I'd like to think the world can just dig in for a year until the vaccine is out, but idk.

Also maybe if they come up with a effective treatment solution much sooner, that will work. If someone gets sick, they get tested right away, and get treatment right away and they're better in a week. ICU's/Hospitals aren't overrun if they can catch these sicknesses and treat them right away, and business can be back to normal. Just need enough tests and enough of the meds.

Leadbelly

« Reply #3538 on: March 22, 2020, 10:05:46 PM »
A part of me just feels like, lets get this shit over and done with. Mitigate the spread as much as we can, but fuck this lock down shit.

Not sure many people are with me on this though. And I'm not sure I am to be honest. It's just that the more I read about how it is going to take years, and that obviously we can't keep shit shut down for the long term anyway, the more I kind of feel like, 'fuck it then!'.

shosta

« Reply #3539 on: March 22, 2020, 10:06:57 PM »
I feel like if no one can come up with a solution for a year until there's a vaccine (and then give 2 months to vaccinate the entire world), the solution is just going to be to give up and go back to normal and figure a % of the population is going to die and move on. Some people will continue the bunker/quarantine/wfh lifestyle, but a good percentage of the population, especially the younger people will get back out and do normal stuff, go the movies, go shopping, eat out and things will go back to normal a certain amount.
The closure of non-essential businesses is in most states a matter of law. It's not negotiable just because people are tired of staying indoors. We do it as long as we need to.
每天生气