Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1082000 times)

Himu

Re: Corona Thread |OT| Money-printer goes BRRRR
« Reply #4441 on: March 28, 2020, 05:21:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/MGT_Modesty/status/1243901381406326784

:rejoice :pimp

Farrakhan was involved in the assassination of Malcolm x. Fuck Farrakhan and fuck black people that like him.
IYKYK

bluemax

« Reply #4442 on: March 28, 2020, 05:23:18 PM »
Took my dog on a long ass walk because fuck it, what else is there to do, and ended up near a park. There was an LAPD SUV patrolling the park, like literally driving through it, to make sure no one was there. Also kind of surprising the number of restaurants where people were waiting inside to pick up food. And not everyone is doing a great job at avoiding getting close to someone else.

This shit is never gonna end.
NO

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Himu

« Reply #4444 on: March 28, 2020, 05:28:37 PM »
Took my dog on a long ass walk because fuck it, what else is there to do, and ended up near a park. There was an LAPD SUV patrolling the park, like literally driving through it, to make sure no one was there. Also kind of surprising the number of restaurants where people were waiting inside to pick up food. And not everyone is doing a great job at avoiding getting close to someone else.

Says the person outside because "fuck it" right?
IYKYK

bluemax

« Reply #4445 on: March 28, 2020, 05:38:51 PM »

While I think there is a difference, but I suppose that exercising my dog does make me part of the problem so guilty as charged.
NO

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #4446 on: March 28, 2020, 05:45:41 PM »

While I think there is a difference, but I suppose that exercising my dog does make me part of the problem so guilty as charged.

:cac
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #4449 on: March 28, 2020, 06:00:39 PM »
https://twitter.com/HKWORLDCITY/status/1243865641448169474

Maybe posted already, but

:dead :dead :dead

fuck the WHO

spoiler (click to show/hide)
(not The Who, they're ace)
[close]
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Propagandhim

« Reply #4450 on: March 28, 2020, 06:09:00 PM »
Had no idea Taiwan wasn't a member state in the WHO.   I guess I shouldn't be surprised based on how many formally recognize it.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4451 on: March 28, 2020, 06:11:54 PM »
Bruce Aylward is Canadian too.  Shame. 

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #4454 on: March 28, 2020, 06:23:19 PM »
https://twitter.com/DavidDeutschOxf/status/1243872144989224960

Few cities in America have the density of New York. The amount of foot traffic, the use of subways, the sheer amount of people. I'm not really shocked.
IYKYK

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4456 on: March 28, 2020, 06:41:05 PM »
France will have a tally for deaths in retirement homes (the current fatality stats are linked to people that are followed by the healthcare system after a confirmed or suspected case of COVID19) and a weekly report for the findings of potential excess mortality by the statistical office.

There's an order of 1 billion masks in China that will be brought in via direct planes and in installments.

Health authorities want to increase daily test capacities to 50k / day for PCR and 30k / day for quick tests by April's end.
ὕβρις

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4457 on: March 28, 2020, 06:41:34 PM »

Few cities in America have the density of New York. The amount of foot traffic, the use of subways, the sheer amount of people. I'm not really shocked.

I mean, sure. But at the same time: They were dumb to not tell NYC folks "stay the fuck indoors, only go out if you NEED to."

About as bad as:

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1243685670008303616

"I ain't scared of no Virus!" -Boomers

Himu

« Reply #4458 on: March 28, 2020, 06:46:54 PM »

I mean, sure. But at the same time: They were dumb to not tell NYC folks "stay the fuck indoors, only go out if you NEED to."

About as bad as:

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1243685670008303616

"I ain't scared of no Virus!" -Boomers

I'm not refuting your point. I'm actually adding to it. NYC's density is precisely why this is gross negligence on their part.

I've been to The Villages.

Other places will be hit in America, but again, few places - if any - are as dense as New York. In Houston we can get by because we mostly use cars. People hate walking here. NYC tho. You can't go five feet without bumping into a person and they tell people to go to mass parades amid a potential pandemic? It's disgusting.
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4459 on: March 28, 2020, 07:00:04 PM »
It was February 9 (if I read that tweet correctly), the situation was not the same then. Paris did cancel the annual LNY parade that was supposed to happen in late January, but Macron had the same type of speeches about going out until at least March 11.

I'm all for egging on the authorities but honestly early February wasn't the time for social distancing and lockdowns yet (ideally some material contingencies should have already been on the cards tho).

Everyone would have been better off if lockdowns started early March and there's really no excuse the longer you wait after what happened in Italy and Spain.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 08:04:20 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4460 on: March 28, 2020, 07:10:40 PM »
It was February 9 (if I read that tweet correctly), the situation was not the same then. Paris did cancel the annual LNY parade that was supposed to happen in late January, but Macron had the same type of speeches about going out until at least March 11.

I'm all for egging on the authorities but honestly early February wasn't the time for social distancing and lockdowns.

You're right. The time was early-mid January.

There wasn't enough cases at that date in the USA (less than 15 if I'm not mistaken) to justify the sort of lockdowns we see now in several European countries or banning any large gathering IMO.
ὕβρις

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4461 on: March 28, 2020, 07:40:00 PM »
Bad day for Canada, and thus the world.

Really bad day for U.S. +19,145 cases and +506 deaths.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #4462 on: March 28, 2020, 07:53:04 PM »
There wasn't enough cases at that date in the USA (less than 15 if I'm not mistaken) to justify the sort of lockdowns we see now in several European countries or banning any large gathering IMO.
It would have been a really tough sell (read: impossible) in mid to late February in the US, but canceling Mardi Gras would have ended up saving a lot of lives in New Orleans. Community spread had been occurring in the US for several weeks before we did fuck-all about it.

But I would agree that actually getting people on board for lockdowns 6 weeks ago would have been a non-starter, even though in retrospect that might have been the best course of action.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #4463 on: March 28, 2020, 07:54:39 PM »
Can blame Trump for a lot of things but he wasn't the only one running denial when the time to prepare was running down.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #4464 on: March 28, 2020, 08:04:29 PM »
people here knew about the rona by mardi gras, it was a topic of conversation and costume. it wasn't like rampant or anything, but it was probably how it was introduced and got a foothold. has been  :brain :brain past few days seeing pundits talk about it.

Himu

« Reply #4465 on: March 28, 2020, 08:07:52 PM »
I took a nap and I'm reading again
IYKYK

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #4466 on: March 28, 2020, 08:15:21 PM »
All I've done today is nap, eat trash (I had 3 bowls of frosted mini wheats) and watch 10+ year old episodes of Mythbusters.

Quarantine is awesome :jeb

Doing something useful/active is hard atm.
Barely read, painted miniatures, worked out the last while.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4467 on: March 28, 2020, 08:18:37 PM »
Went into town to grab a pizza, whole town was pretty much dead. Barely any traffic on the street, maybe one-fourth of the usual for Saturday afternoon. Nothing active except a grocery store and some drive-thrus. Was a really weird feeling.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4468 on: March 28, 2020, 08:19:11 PM »
Can blame Trump for a lot of things but he wasn't the only one running denial when the time to prepare was running down.
There's a few reasons for this

1) China lied about the details and numbers of the virus. As of January 2020 the WHO's official stance was that human to human spread not common or even impossible. The MSM called the flu more deadly. Talk about China in full lockdown and a lot more deaths than reported was censored on social media. Russia was even accused of spreading coronavirus misinformation in the US and Europe. Trump was called a racist for closing the border with China.

2) It took the WHO about a week after it spread to the US and Europe in big numbers to declare a pandemic while already hundreds were dying and thousands were infected in Iran, They didn't call it a pandemic until AFTER Trump stopped travel from Europe and reports came in about those infected cruise ships.

3) The guideline for social distancing wasn't enforced in most countries until AFTER Italy went in full lockdown. Europeans didn't close borders or halt air traffic until AFTER Italy went in lockdown.

4) Health experts in countries like the UK were using the wrong data models partly based on what China had reported. It showed a mortality rate of ~1% vs the 10% Italy hit soon after. When the models were adjusted to a mere 3% panic hit governments deciding to reverse their positions and moving to suppression and lockdown.
🤴

bluemax

NO

shosta

« Reply #4470 on: March 28, 2020, 09:47:04 PM »
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4471 on: March 28, 2020, 09:47:45 PM »
In the middle of a pandemic, it just became safer to sell illegal cigs.

shosta

每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4473 on: March 28, 2020, 10:42:20 PM »
 :lol

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4475 on: March 28, 2020, 10:52:03 PM »
bless up

bluemax

NO

Tripon

« Reply #4477 on: March 28, 2020, 11:16:55 PM »
http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommon/public/media/mediapubhpdetail.cfm?prid=2285

Laboratory Confirmed Cases -- 1465 Total Cases
Los Angeles County (excl. LB and Pas) -- 1402*
Long Beach -- 54
Pasadena -- 9
Deaths 26
Los Angeles County (excl. LB and Pas) 25
Long Beach 1
Pasadena 0
Age Group (Los Angeles County Cases Only-excl LB and Pas)
0 to 17 -- 22
18 to 40 --547
41 to 65 --565
over 65 --268
Hospitalization
Hospitalized (Ever) 317

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4478 on: March 28, 2020, 11:45:02 PM »
https://twitter.com/BunkiePerkins/status/1244092502988242945

STEPHEN A: Skip I want to ADDRESS this issue.
[BAYLESS nods]
STEPHEN A: You KNOW I am sensitive to the Coronavirus pandemic
BAYLESS: Absolutely
STEPHEN A: BUT!
dog

Tripon

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4480 on: March 29, 2020, 12:35:48 AM »
:larry I mean when you put it like that... :larry

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4481 on: March 29, 2020, 12:41:18 AM »
Went into town to grab a pizza, whole town was pretty much dead. Barely any traffic on the street, maybe one-fourth of the usual for Saturday afternoon. Nothing active except a grocery store and some drive-thrus. Was a really weird feeling.

I worry about this

the people working at these places are gonna be seeing the most steady stream of random people all day every day, and all their customers are the sort of people who shrug and just go get takeout during a pandemic, as opposed to the ones actively avoiding crowds

and the workers are often fighting for their very livelihood to keep the place open and determined to come in no matter what, or not have the sick time to take off, the kind to hide their zombie bite (not because they're assholes but because they can't afford not to work)

couple that with being infectious but asymptomatic for a week and it's a real turnoff from grabbing takeout from anywhere
Uncle

bluemax

NO

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #4483 on: March 29, 2020, 01:24:35 AM »
That ain’t nothing to fuck with
que

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #4484 on: March 29, 2020, 01:43:00 AM »

I worry about this

the people working at these places are gonna be seeing the most steady stream of random people all day every day, and all their customers are the sort of people who shrug and just go get takeout during a pandemic, as opposed to the ones actively avoiding crowds

and the workers are often fighting for their very livelihood to keep the place open and determined to come in no matter what, or not have the sick time to take off, the kind to hide their zombie bite (not because they're assholes but because they can't afford not to work)

couple that with being infectious but asymptomatic for a week and it's a real turnoff from grabbing takeout from anywhere

Pizza is the safest food to eat.

Oven kills all the virus

They use the super long metal thing to move the pizza from the oven to the box.

Box closed and done.

Dont lick the box.

AND DONT EAT SUSHI
:O

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4485 on: March 29, 2020, 01:45:31 AM »
I miss sushi  :fbm

Tripon

« Reply #4486 on: March 29, 2020, 01:53:01 AM »
I miss poke.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #4487 on: March 29, 2020, 02:22:46 AM »

I worry about this

Pizza is the safest food to eat.

Oven kills all the virus

They use the super long metal thing to move the pizza from the oven to the box.

Box closed and done.

Dont lick the box.

AND DONT EAT SUSHI
Most people get it from French Kissing the delivery guy, but i think tipping works different in the US, so it might not be a problem.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4488 on: March 29, 2020, 02:38:26 AM »
I'm no longer able to avoid Zoom, have an appointment on Tuesday that pulled the Zoom card. :fbm

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4489 on: March 29, 2020, 02:41:41 AM »
I'm no longer able to avoid Zoom, have an appointment on Tuesday that pulled the Zoom card. :fbm
you got stuck in internet traffic, there was a real bad accident  ;)

nudemacusers

« Reply #4490 on: March 29, 2020, 04:16:31 AM »
My daughter had a kindergarten meetup in zoom on Friday. Wife sent me some clips, was absolutely hilarious. They even said happy birthday to a kid, but then she got sad that she missed her friend’s birthday. ☹️
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4491 on: March 29, 2020, 04:30:19 AM »
Kindergarten Zoom is a real bummer, you have to put gum in your own hair.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4492 on: March 29, 2020, 06:00:32 AM »
It'll be interesting to see when we count up all the murders, (traffic) accidents, pollution related deaths and compare them to before the lockdown if there's actually less people dying during the pandemic than before  :thinking
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4493 on: March 29, 2020, 10:11:24 AM »
Pivot in slow motion.

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1244262163021266946

Pretty bold claim on the CFR.
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4494 on: March 29, 2020, 10:15:55 AM »
if there are already millions of cases

then

chances are pretty good that at some point in time it DID double every 5 days

unless millions of cases happened overnight and then afterward nobody else got infected ever
Uncle

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4495 on: March 29, 2020, 10:20:48 AM »
if there are already millions of cases

then

chances are pretty good that at some point in time it DID double every 5 days

unless millions of cases happened overnight and then afterward nobody else got infected ever

Why do you hate America and God so much ?
ὕβρις

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4496 on: March 29, 2020, 10:39:14 AM »
Cause they are both overrated. 

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4497 on: March 29, 2020, 10:40:17 AM »
Experts "Everything is going great!"

Me: "So why is the line still going up?"  ???

🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4498 on: March 29, 2020, 10:40:27 AM »
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1244265355197009920

I guess he's running a stealth presidential campaign like Cuomo.  :brain
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4499 on: March 29, 2020, 11:12:25 AM »