Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1081755 times)

Leadbelly

Re: Corona Thread |OT| Money-printer goes BRRRR
« Reply #6180 on: April 11, 2020, 05:21:38 PM »
back to work wagecucks  :success :trumps

Well, again, it goes back to that. For how long can we stay in lockdown? I've got a feeling that by the end of this month governments are going to start seriously considering it.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #6181 on: April 11, 2020, 05:24:45 PM »

Well, again, it goes back to that. For how long can we stay in lockdown? I've got a feeling that by the end of this month governments are going to start seriously considering it.

Semi-essential jobs probably more of a priority. Dentistry, home appliance, home utility services etc
There is also the reality of many people work jobs that don't matter at all. Some people will probably be feeling glum about how they can just disappear and it matters not in the slightest.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6185 on: April 11, 2020, 05:47:24 PM »
Any gamer could've told you this is how the C-virus works  :idont
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #6186 on: April 11, 2020, 06:26:17 PM »
Any gamer could've told you this is how the C-virus works  :idont

bluemax

« Reply #6187 on: April 11, 2020, 06:47:11 PM »

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/10/21215494/coronavirus-plans-social-distancing-economy-recession-depression-unemployment
NO

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6188 on: April 11, 2020, 06:52:52 PM »

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/10/21215494/coronavirus-plans-social-distancing-economy-recession-depression-unemployment
Google and Apple are already developing it.

I don't know what these columnists are worried about, Tim Cook only has to announce 'iHealth' with a cool commercial and some celebrity endorsements and every liberal is on board.
Then you only need Trump to push it to the Republicans. 

Getting people to download an app would be the easiest thing ever. Only a government could fuck that up.

Hell Apple and Google could just put in an OS update.
🤴

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #6189 on: April 11, 2020, 06:54:30 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/us/florida-spring-break-coronavirus.html

Florida has confirmed more than 17,500 coronavirus cases and nearly 400 deaths, with the epidemic still expanding in the state.

A video by the data analytics and visualization company Tectonix showed how cellphones that were on one Fort Lauderdale beach at the beginning of March spread across the country — up the Eastern Seaboard and further West — over the next two weeks.

“At the time, there was still this debate: Should we close public beaches? Should we shut down these big public events?” said Mike DiMarco, the company’s chief marketing officer. “When you actually see it visually on a map like that, it brings a ton of awareness to what that really looks like.”

The first festivalgoer to die was Israel Carrera, a 40-year-old Lyft and Uber driver who spent several days in the hospital in Miami Beach before his death on March 26. His boyfriend, who also attended, got mildly sick and is now making plans to deliver Mr. Carrera’s ashes to his surviving family in Cuba.

Ron Rich, a 65-year-old festival volunteer, died over the weekend of March 28.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #6190 on: April 11, 2020, 07:00:26 PM »
I don’t think we necessarily need a vaccine to get back to some semblance of normal. I could foresee a cocktail of drugs that lessens the mortality rate being a way back. Couple that with smarter social distancing measures, contact tracing and faster, easier testing and you can see a world where this becomes more manageable.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #6191 on: April 11, 2020, 07:03:37 PM »
I don’t think we necessarily need a vaccine to get back to some semblance of normal. I could foresee a cocktail of drugs that lessens the mortality rate being a way back. Couple that with smarter social distancing measures, contact tracing and faster, easier testing and you can see a world where this becomes more manageable.

Bunch of tentative factors with good or bad outcomes will drastically shape the path forward. I posted something like that some days ago.
Gist of it, don't know what we need to do as we don't know enough. Lots of facts will pop up that are either good or bad, the more good the more pleasant an exit. The more bad facts and hell is beginning.

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
« Reply #6192 on: April 11, 2020, 07:10:13 PM »
COVID-19 twice as contagious as previously thought – CDC study | median R0 value is 5.7 (95% CI 3.8–8.9)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/comments/fzigif/covid19_twice_as_contagious_as_previously_thought/
Bolding the title is cheap and something simpletons would do.
:{]

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6193 on: April 11, 2020, 07:14:39 PM »
COVID-19 twice as contagious as previously thought – CDC study | median R0 value is 5.7 (95% CI 3.8–8.9)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/comments/fzigif/covid19_twice_as_contagious_as_previously_thought/

Seemed to me it is sort of an acceptable convention but I could have used italics or quotation marks.
ὕβρις

Bebpo

« Reply #6194 on: April 11, 2020, 07:18:51 PM »

Seems to me like if 70% of people social distance
Than the other 30% of people will all get it and either die or become immune and the other 70% won't get it and the virus will starve out because it can't reach those 70% of people and the other 30% of people are immune after a few months. Wouldn't be a need for a vaccine at that point if the virus is basically starved out by the end of the year.

Tasty

« Reply #6195 on: April 11, 2020, 07:34:14 PM »

LOL what? Stfu :ufup

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6196 on: April 11, 2020, 07:44:04 PM »

LOL what? Stfu :ufup

Make Your Life Better by Saying Thank You in These 7 Situations

https://jamesclear.com/say-thank-you
ὕβρις

Tripon

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #6198 on: April 11, 2020, 08:40:04 PM »
Just do what I do, put your mirror in a room with more favorable lighting.

bluemax

« Reply #6199 on: April 11, 2020, 10:59:32 PM »

This opening Seinfeld monologue is... it hurts.
NO

Bebpo

« Reply #6200 on: April 11, 2020, 11:50:02 PM »
Starting to get stir crazy inside but not sure what there is to do outside? I can walk around my neighborhood with a mask but that's getting boring. I can drive around aimlessly for an hour but idk, without a location to stop and do something at it gets kinda boring too. Wish they didn't have to close parks because of this, at least if could go out and take a nice hike/walk on some trails would be something to do outside.

Tripon

« Reply #6201 on: April 12, 2020, 12:08:11 AM »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #6202 on: April 12, 2020, 12:21:09 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Is there an interactive map of this? Or at least one that allows zooming? Seems cool and would be cool to track the movements.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6203 on: April 12, 2020, 01:40:16 AM »

Is there an interactive map of this? Or at least one that allows zooming? Seems cool and would be cool to track the movements.

Asking for a friendly intelligence agency.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6205 on: April 12, 2020, 08:44:45 AM »
I think corona-stress has taken over my body, my abs...have fallen :goty

the weird thing is corona has doesn't shit for me, in fact it may have helped, still losing weight

getting groceries is 'dangerous' now, so i don't go as often. no more impulse shopping for snacks :rejoice

I'm lossing weight too because I can't binge eat or drink.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6206 on: April 12, 2020, 08:45:44 AM »
https://www.alberta.ca/release.cfm?xID=700712B3EF0B4-BD47-9A6A-2D89FB5277F1E7CA

Alberta is sending supplies to British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec to help address unprecedented demand in those provinces for personal protective equipment (PPE) and ventilators.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6207 on: April 12, 2020, 09:20:05 AM »
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has left hospital after being treated for coronavirus, but will not immediately return to work, Downing Street says.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6208 on: April 12, 2020, 10:19:17 AM »

thisismyusername

« Reply #6209 on: April 12, 2020, 10:23:27 AM »

Asking for a friendly intelligence agency.

Well, not necessarily asking for the last day. Just seeing the spread go/travel to the final cities. Not their actual locations/homes.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6210 on: April 12, 2020, 10:47:46 AM »
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1249341773517860864

Is it me or does Boris actually look more healthy after surviving a deadly virus?  :doge
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #6211 on: April 12, 2020, 10:58:22 AM »
its a deep fake and hes actually dead, heard it here first brehs

(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6212 on: April 12, 2020, 10:59:41 AM »
its a deep fake and hes actually dead, heard it here first brehs

The line: "Many people for some reason called Nick" disproves that theory but I'll allow it.
🤴

Tripon

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 11:17:18 AM by Tripon »

nudemacusers

« Reply #6214 on: April 12, 2020, 12:06:14 PM »
My 6 yo daughter just called to tell me that she cried last night because she missed me and wanted me home.  Heartbreaking. :tocry

She then went on to mention in detail that the best way to keep her from crying more and being sad at night is to buy her a specific stuffed animal that she had by picked out by name and color.  :comeon

So I bought it for her. :shaq2
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6215 on: April 12, 2020, 12:07:23 PM »
Dad is the second greatest duty. :salute
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #6216 on: April 12, 2020, 12:13:12 PM »
My wife was laughing in the background the entire time.  :lol Apparently my daughter rehearsed this before calling me.

Women are evil.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6217 on: April 12, 2020, 12:14:24 PM »
:dead

Tripon

« Reply #6218 on: April 12, 2020, 12:19:43 PM »
Look at it this way, 20 years from now, you can tell that story to her future SO, and embrasse the hell out of her.

Tripon

« Reply #6219 on: April 12, 2020, 12:36:57 PM »
Second-home owners are reportedly ignoring the coronavirus lockdown rules by posting their luggage ahead of them to avoid detection at police checkpoints.

According to The Sun, couriers have reportedly been tasked with transporting luggage for those looking to escape to coastal regions during the Easter bank holiday.

During the government’s lockdown, road blocks have been set up by several regional police forces to dissuade would-be holidaymakers from travelling.

By sending their luggage in advance of their trip, second-home owners have reportedly been able to pass through the checkpoints since officers have no reason to suspect they are on holiday.

:brain :brain :brain

Can't let a global pandemic stop my holiday plans.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-second-home-owners-lockdown-luggage-police-133809854.html

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6220 on: April 12, 2020, 12:44:57 PM »
Look at it this way, 20 years from now, you can tell that story to her future SO, and embrasse the hell out of her.
You mean to liven up the  mood in the trenches in the war against the android armies?
🤴

nudemacusers

« Reply #6221 on: April 12, 2020, 12:58:42 PM »
This isn’t about me  :six:
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6222 on: April 12, 2020, 01:02:22 PM »

bluemax

« Reply #6223 on: April 12, 2020, 01:20:53 PM »
Second-home owners are reportedly ignoring the coronavirus lockdown rules by posting their luggage ahead of them to avoid detection at police checkpoints.

According to The Sun, couriers have reportedly been tasked with transporting luggage for those looking to escape to coastal regions during the Easter bank holiday.

During the government’s lockdown, road blocks have been set up by several regional police forces to dissuade would-be holidaymakers from travelling.

By sending their luggage in advance of their trip, second-home owners have reportedly been able to pass through the checkpoints since officers have no reason to suspect they are on holiday.

:brain :brain :brain

Can't let a global pandemic stop my holiday plans.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-second-home-owners-lockdown-luggage-police-133809854.html

Even on a smaller scale I've seen:

People fuck off to Joshua Tree for the weekend.
My roommate leave to Palm Springs for who knows how long
Go up to a cabin somewhere in the woods for a "solo" birthday weekend.

It's just impossible to get people to understand this.

In other news:

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1248929825898758145
NO

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6224 on: April 12, 2020, 01:21:19 PM »

thisismyusername

« Reply #6225 on: April 12, 2020, 01:33:16 PM »
My 6 yo daughter just called to tell me that she cried last night because she missed me and wanted me home.  Heartbreaking. :tocry

She then went on to mention in detail that the best way to keep her from crying more and being sad at night is to buy her a specific stuffed animal that she had by picked out by name and color.  :comeon

So I bought it for her. :shaq2

chAir Force, come get your man: He negotiated with a terrorist.

Leadbelly

« Reply #6226 on: April 12, 2020, 01:48:31 PM »

I don’t want anyone to mistake this as an argument for surrendering to the disease. As unlikely as these futures may be, I think the do-nothing argument is even less plausible: It imagines that we simply let a highly lethal virus kill perhaps millions of Americans, hospitalize tens of millions more, and crush the health system, while the rest of us go about our daily economic and social business. That is, in my view, far less likely than the construction of a huge digital surveillance state. I care about my privacy, but not nearly so much as I care about my mother.

I think large scale testing as soon as possible is what we need. We need a more accurate picture of how deadly this virus is. Because the author is outlining here how disastrous the outcome of this might be. And then not even contemplating the possibility that we may have to return to normal as best we can. If that is not what we are going to do, then we need to be damn sure the virus is that deadly.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6227 on: April 12, 2020, 02:00:43 PM »
imagine we had some clear leadership...president newsom 2024 i guess

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6228 on: April 12, 2020, 03:54:12 PM »
Macron will talk tomorrow evening. Lockdown will probably be extended. 2 weeks ? Italy extended to May 3rd, so it won't be less. Most likely 4. Media seem to think he'll also say that schools might only return on September for the next school year and that gatherings, restaurants and bars will probably have to wait longer once things relax. Certain he'll detail some new measures to support vulnerable citizens and businesses.

Hospitals in Paris and the East took a beating but the official word is that we avoided saturation and having to triage.
ὕβρις

bluemax

« Reply #6229 on: April 12, 2020, 04:57:36 PM »
imagine we had some clear leadership...president newsom 2024 i guess

Too bad his wife is an Anti Vaxxer.
NO

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6230 on: April 12, 2020, 04:58:17 PM »
Macron will talk tomorrow evening. Lockdown will probably be extended. 2 weeks ? Italy extended to May 3rd, so it won't be less. Most likely 4. Media seem to think he'll also say that schools might only return on September for the next school year and that gatherings, restaurants and bars will probably have to wait longer once things relax. Certain he'll detail some new measures to support vulnerable citizens and businesses.

Hospitals in Paris and the East took a beating but the official word is that we avoided saturation and having to triage.
What about the French economy?

Does it still exist?
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6231 on: April 12, 2020, 05:09:04 PM »

What about the French economy?

Does it still exist?

Economy is running at 66% or something apparently. Everything slowed down but I believe 75% or two-thirds of the active population is still working in some capacity.

The head of the most prominent business association (alongside a Secretary of State) already had some musings about pushing back holy days and paid leave this year to help kickstart the economy though.
 :success
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6233 on: April 12, 2020, 06:45:42 PM »
🤴

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #6234 on: April 12, 2020, 07:11:36 PM »

No one but nudemac will be embarrassed in that scenario.

Tripon

Tripon

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6237 on: April 12, 2020, 07:39:08 PM »
That Spain curve looks like it may fall into a steeper slope down, hopefully it's the case for them, Italy and others.
ὕβρις

Leadbelly

« Reply #6238 on: April 13, 2020, 12:09:38 AM »
China reports highest infection count in weeks

The numbers are relatively small but the trend is upwards, and that is not good for China.

The 108 new confirmed cases is the highest number of daily infections in more than five weeks in the officially reported government statistics.

The main reason is a continued stream of Chinese nationals returning home. They account for almost all the confirmed cases. Among the rest - 10 cases - a majority are concentrated in the northern province of Heilongjiang, where some Chinese crossing from Russia have brought it with them.

Despite severe restrictions on international travel coming into China, the reality is the government hasn’t been able to completely stop new cases of the virus emerging.

In the province of Hubei, where it all began, the numbers are very small but people are still dying. Two new deaths there have been reported.

That’s despite the fact it was deemed safe enough to open up to the rest of China and the world.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52266235

bluemax

« Reply #6239 on: April 13, 2020, 03:08:39 AM »
That Spain curve looks like it may fall into a steeper slope down, hopefully it's the case for them, Italy and others.

I didn't read up fully on how Spain handled this, but someone I follow on IG who lives in Spain (Mallorca I think), showed them having 8pm curfews, and talked about how they were very limited in how much time and how far from their home they could go, even just to walk the dogs.
NO