Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1081758 times)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Re: Corona Thread |OT| Money-printer goes BRRRR
« Reply #6660 on: April 18, 2020, 08:21:11 AM »
checked worldometers and my stomach dropped out of my asshole when I saw +2500

Did NYS change something in their yesterday's deaths report or is it "deaths in hospitals" spiking by their own ?

No, they did that on the 14th, its the day the US has 6000+ deaths.  2500+ deaths are the new normal for the US.  Going to be 3000 by mid next week.  I really can't believe people are talking about opening up the US after seeing what NY looks like. 

edit: think I answered the wrong question.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6661 on: April 18, 2020, 08:30:24 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6662 on: April 18, 2020, 08:33:09 AM »
checked worldometers and my stomach dropped out of my asshole when I saw +2500

Did NYS change something in their yesterday's deaths report or is it "deaths in hospitals" spiking by their own ?

No, they did that on the 14th, its the day the US has 6000+ deaths.  2500+ deaths are the new normal for the US.  Going to be 3000 by mid next week.  I really can't believe people are talking about opening up the US after seeing what NY looks like. 

edit: think I answered the wrong question.

I wondered if they started adding "deaths at homes" daily since they talked about that last week. But for various reasons I guess those will probably be dropped like the backlog you mention...

NY spike might also be due to administrative delays in deaths certificates or noise.
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6663 on: April 18, 2020, 08:51:42 AM »
https://news.yahoo.com/sunlight-destroys-coronavirus-very-quickly-new-government-tests-find-but-experts-say-pandemic-could-still-last-through-summer-200745675.html

The study found that the risk of “transmission from surfaces outdoors is lower during daylight” and under higher temperature and humidity conditions. “Sunlight destroys the virus quickly,” reads the briefing.

Corona chan is a vampire
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6665 on: April 18, 2020, 11:15:08 AM »
The UK is basically

Everyone: YEAH WOOHOO HEALTHCARE WORKERS!

NHS: Can we have supplies?

Everyone: YEEAAH WOOOO FANTASTIC JOB!!!! CLAP CLAP CLAP
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #6666 on: April 18, 2020, 11:26:56 AM »
i've got a working theory that boris either got the rona on purpose or faked it cos he knew there was a shit storm incoming re: supplies and whatnot and knows he'll dodge most of the blame for it if hes not able to work, and let that cunt matt handcock take the fall for it :brain
(ice)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6667 on: April 18, 2020, 11:33:10 AM »
Every day the PM gets about two questions about UBI.  Think there is a growing pressure for it and people are now taking it as a serious idea. 

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #6668 on: April 18, 2020, 11:34:28 AM »
Or maybe he's just a cunt who got sick

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6669 on: April 18, 2020, 11:48:36 AM »
The UK is basically

Everyone: YEAH WOOHOO HEALTHCARE WORKERS!

NHS: Can we have supplies?

Everyone: YEEAAH WOOOO FANTASTIC JOB!!!! CLAP CLAP CLAP

I think the clapping is well-meaning, mostly vapid (much like I'm horrified at people running charities to fund public hospitals) and maybe "hypocritical" in light of who they voted in (though in France it's not like the center left changed course radically anyway AFAIK) but at the end of the day it's the actual government who is in charge and accountable for funding and procurement, not your neighbors or randos.
ὕβρις

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6670 on: April 18, 2020, 11:53:38 AM »
CBC quote 'what is in many ways obvious to many Canadians ... the United States poses an enormous risk to us'

:dead

G The Resurrected

« Reply #6671 on: April 18, 2020, 12:10:05 PM »
I got great news and then not so great news this morning. My dad is out of the ICU and is now awaiting transitional care as he'll be in need of occasional oxygen and treatments while at home due to the damage caused by his illness. So he is on his way home here later today by himself. His wife is in the ICU now in an induced state. she was doing better but something happened Thursday that lead to her getting sicker. It happened quickly and suddenly, going from almost out of the hospital to being intubated and then put into a induced state. Thats fucking scary as shit, she was fine just getting better days ago and then bam... We don't really know her condition as of today sadly, just that she's in ICU right now.

I talked with my dad for a bit and he doesn't seem the same. I can't tell if he's just adjusting or if he might have had some severe cognitive episode while fighting the illness. He doesn't have the same kind of attention or response when talking to him. He's well enough to communicate, but just not like he was prior to all of this. I won't be seeing him for a while, but am able to check in with him now so that's good. I hope it's just a bump in the road and as he gets back to regular life he'll get back to normal.

I received my UI info, but I don't think I'm supposed to apply the way I did. And getting to the bottom of if I should hold off on filing what I got already or waiting on their new site to reregister for benefits is nigh impossible. Calling every day 50-100 times a day to get through and you just can't. I wish it was easier to apply and know I'm doing the right thing. What's the worse that they can do to me, deny me? Make me pay back something I don't have the money to pay back anyways due to the national crisis? I might just have to roll the dice and submit what I already applied for.

On the positive side of things related to this virus. I got my TV warranty paid out in full because they can't currently service TV's due to the lockdown. So for the time being I got a dead TV set and a few bucks to spend on a replacement. Which I have to provide proof of purchase for... So while I thought I could use those funds to survive on they are contingent on me purchasing another TV, which I did already. I'm helping the economy! You're welcome America I helped stimulate you in your moment of need.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6672 on: April 18, 2020, 12:12:35 PM »
Glad your dad is out.  Hope the rest turns out OK.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #6673 on: April 18, 2020, 12:19:32 PM »
Nvm posted yesterday   :-[

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6674 on: April 18, 2020, 12:45:30 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6675 on: April 18, 2020, 12:54:38 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

It's incredibly depressing to see this attitude going around right now. Even more so than the people who never took this seriously from the start.
dog

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #6676 on: April 18, 2020, 01:20:31 PM »

G The Resurrected

« Reply #6677 on: April 18, 2020, 01:21:27 PM »
Those people out there protesting are problematic, nothing of value will be lost with their deaths. Sadly though I don't see enough action from local authorities doing the right thing here to prevent making things worse in the long run. Civil disobedience and your rights are two different things, and during a public health crisis that trumps everything. You can't have rights if you're dead.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6678 on: April 18, 2020, 01:25:37 PM »
Those people out there protesting are problematic, nothing of value will be lost with their deaths. Sadly though I don't see enough action from local authorities doing the right thing here to prevent making things worse in the long run. Civil disobedience and your rights are two different things, and during a public health crisis that trumps everything. You can't have rights if you're dead.

I'm a bit :larry at the whole thing, I think it's fair to be worried about governments curtailing freedoms and to question how long it will last and what is the plan to keep life and some amount of normal politics going if said restrictions need to stay in place long term.

No protest marches until this summer or next fall in France is for example a big one.
Tracking via phones is another.
ὕβρις

thisismyusername

bluemax

« Reply #6680 on: April 18, 2020, 02:08:04 PM »
Yesterday’s LA numbers:

https://twitter.com/mayorofla/status/1251305182228439040

https://twitter.com/mayorofla/status/1251305298326810624

We have not flattened yet and it has been 6 weeks.
NO

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #6681 on: April 18, 2020, 02:11:22 PM »
I'm a bit :larry at the whole thing, I think it's fair to be worried about governments curtailing freedoms and to question how long it will last and what is the plan to keep life and some amount of normal politics going if said restrictions need to stay in place long term.

Yeah in theory you want people to have a healthy skepticism of a government declaring blanket restrictive measures like the ones that are necessary.

But the actual protests are really obviously partisan/conspiracy bullshit. If there were even 10% overlap with the people who protested migrant children being taken away from their families, I'd be shocked.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6682 on: April 18, 2020, 02:20:23 PM »
Yesterday’s LA numbers:

https://twitter.com/mayorofla/status/1251305182228439040

https://twitter.com/mayorofla/status/1251305298326810624

We have not flattened yet and it has been 6 weeks.

We're about to start doing the exact opposite of flattening with Trump, Republican governors, and insane conservatives wanting to open everything back up.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6683 on: April 18, 2020, 02:33:13 PM »
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6684 on: April 18, 2020, 02:41:29 PM »
George Soros, Mike Pompeo, and Steve M(e)nuchin. The modern day Axis of Evil.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6685 on: April 18, 2020, 02:47:44 PM »
You have to wonder what sort of ads the Facebook AI is feeding these people.

https://twitter.com/AustinKellerman/status/1251572200307601409
🤴

thisismyusername

« Reply #6686 on: April 18, 2020, 02:54:20 PM »
You have to wonder what sort of ads the Facebook AI is feeding these people.

...But you're part of the Dutch AI that is feeding these people... :doge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6687 on: April 18, 2020, 04:17:11 PM »
Bill Mitchell seems like a real piece of shit

Trump sycophant, QAnon guy, latest tweet may even hint at some vicsim narrative perhaps, Twitter addicted... Yeah, I think he is.

He's certainly not the only one, in fact he's pretty mediocre, but his Twitter timeline is a nice encapsulation of all the denialist narratives. He's just throwing everything on the wall, with no logic or coherence. In a way it's less of a waste of time and effort than watching Fox or listening to Alex Jones (I imagine Limbaugh uses the same ingredients).
ὕβρις

jorma

« Reply #6688 on: April 18, 2020, 04:24:35 PM »

Seriously! Dude is overtaking Martin Schrekli as the most punchable face in the universe.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6690 on: April 18, 2020, 04:49:50 PM »
He already said he doesn't believe the stats so there's no scientific or rational argument he'll concede to. That's how we know all the other talking points he pushes are bullshit and disingenuous. "I think the Twin Towers were holograms and never existed. Also they were destroyed by controlled demolition."

Doesn't explain why hospitals in Western Europe and the US gets overwhelmed -as evidenced by testimonials from thousands of nurses and doctors worldwide- with no cause or why this Leftist plot ravaged the PRC or Spain. But it's not like reality even matters anymore.

Sure is interesting that all these MAGA media parasites have been raging about the quarantine from the beginning, telling people America needs to get back to work. One might think these unemployables have a lot tied up in securities or rent and are hurting from that.

:hitler

Man, if only... I'm not even sure the direct material incentive is there.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 05:00:48 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #6691 on: April 18, 2020, 04:51:56 PM »

Seriously! Dude is overtaking Martin Schrekli as the most punchable face in the universe.

You sure you don't want to support this man grinding out some honest bread?

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1251593461654044682

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

thisismyusername

« Reply #6693 on: April 18, 2020, 05:09:49 PM »
https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/1251571068885585920

I get his point, but on the converse: There's poor folks out there that have to worry about rent/etc. The issue is less "folks need to stay home," and more "the government needs to forget rent/etc."

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6694 on: April 18, 2020, 05:11:48 PM »
irs says my bux will be sent 22 april  :pimp

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6695 on: April 18, 2020, 05:13:54 PM »
anne frank would've been making some fire memes about kicking eugene off her island by hitting him with a net
Uncle

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6696 on: April 18, 2020, 05:17:13 PM »
Deaths in retirement homes in France now almost 40% of the total.
All other stats seem to trend the right way.
ὕβρις

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #6697 on: April 18, 2020, 05:18:48 PM »

spain down tremendously for the day somehow, lagging update?

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #6698 on: April 18, 2020, 05:18:54 PM »
Doesn’t all this Bill Mitchell shit belong in the Wank dad thread? I wouldn’t ever had to know who the guy was if he wasn’t posted here on every page. We get it, he’s a dipshit agitator.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #6699 on: April 18, 2020, 05:20:08 PM »
Doesn’t all this Bill Mitchell shit belong in the Wank dad thread? I wouldn’t ever had to know who the guy was if he wasn’t posted here on every page. We get it, he’s dipshit.

I can't help myself, I've stopped posting him for the most part but sometimes I slip because every time I come across him :rage

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6700 on: April 18, 2020, 05:20:46 PM »
"Give out no vaccine sort the weak from the strong" - direct quote from someone in my online class today :dead
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6701 on: April 18, 2020, 05:21:34 PM »
monsieurs? ::) more like monsters  :-\

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #6702 on: April 18, 2020, 05:26:19 PM »

You sure you don't want to support this man grinding out some honest bread?

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1251593461654044682

I guarantee this mofo is shitposting from a bunker with his laptop stuck between 50 packs of TP and 200kg of pasta :lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6703 on: April 18, 2020, 05:35:08 PM »

spain down tremendously for the day somehow, lagging update?

Maybe Worldometers reported more yesterday using advance numbers ? Or lag... New cases are also low and maybe partial. Spain has a double update : National report in the morning and regions updating later in the day, with some issues because not every province uses the same classifications.
ὕβρις

thisismyusername

« Reply #6704 on: April 18, 2020, 05:37:55 PM »
Has all that money from grifting right-idiots. Can't fucking fix his eyes. Get a facelift, Billy.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6705 on: April 18, 2020, 05:47:35 PM »
The rona rally is going great just as Birx thanks the people for their efforts and shows how well the US did vs. other countries, Trump chimes in and says: "Does anyone really believe this number?" and points to China.  :lol

Birx starts explaining how unrealistic the China number is, wants to move on.

"But also the number of Iran. Just anyone believe the number of Iran"

"Put that slide back please"

Dr Birx has lost control. I repeat Dr. Birx has lost control

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1251629371829428226
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 05:56:04 PM by Nintex »
🤴

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #6706 on: April 18, 2020, 05:57:25 PM »
I got a question prez, if the chicoms are understating their numbers doesn't it mean its worse than the flu mr. trump?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6707 on: April 18, 2020, 07:29:15 PM »
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #6708 on: April 18, 2020, 07:51:10 PM »
I got a question prez, if the chicoms are understating their numbers doesn't it mean its worse than the flu mr. trump?

Of course the Chinese virus is a terrible Invisible Enemy and Trump took it seriously by shutting down travel while Dems were too politically correct to admit it was a big deal, but also it's not worse than the flu and states asking for ventilators are lying about what they need, but luckily Trump has absolute authority and is in charge and will reopen the country but it hasn't happened because it's up to the states and not his job.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6710 on: April 18, 2020, 09:38:55 PM »

bluemax

« Reply #6711 on: April 18, 2020, 09:56:50 PM »
Can we keep the conspiracies and wank dads to the appropriate threads? I have no desire to ever see another Bill Mitchell tweet in my life.
NO

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6714 on: April 19, 2020, 01:52:24 AM »
Can we keep the conspiracies and wank dads to the appropriate threads? I have no desire to ever see another Bill Mitchell tweet in my life.

Bill begged, “Le’s do it now. Le’s get that place now.

Sure, right now. I gotta. We gotta.”

And Vom raised the gun and steadied it, and he brought the muzzle of it close to the back of Bill's Twitter. The hand shook violently, but his face set and his hand steadied. He pulled the trigger. The crash of the shot rolled up the hills and rolled down again. Bill jarred, and then settled slowly forward to the sand, and he lay without quivering about how fake the Coronavirus is.
ὕβρις

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #6715 on: April 19, 2020, 01:55:41 AM »
wtf @ the guy in the SUB/POP shirt.  :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6716 on: April 19, 2020, 06:01:23 AM »
One of the 7 apps our government is working on already has a dataleak discovered in the source code during the selection process  :dead
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
jon

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6719 on: April 19, 2020, 11:34:48 AM »