Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1082079 times)

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

team filler

• filler
  • filler

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: Corona Thread |OT| Money-printer goes BRRRR
« Reply #7682 on: May 08, 2020, 07:11:13 PM »
I agree, and so is the rest of smash mouth
每天生气

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Himu

« Reply #7684 on: May 08, 2020, 08:26:08 PM »
No stimulus check and no unemployment. I'm pretty close to going back to my job. Can't wait to become "essential" again. Weeee~ ::)
IYKYK

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7686 on: May 08, 2020, 09:16:26 PM »
morally questionable, but some fucks are so easy to grift off I'm not surprised it is a career path

Tripon

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Tripon

« Reply #7689 on: May 08, 2020, 11:18:02 PM »
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:26:02 PM by Tripon »

bluemax

« Reply #7690 on: May 09, 2020, 12:19:09 AM »
Walking my dog at lunch today, walked past a house were a guy was standing in his yard, talking to someone who was dropping off/picking up stuff or something. As I passed by I hear the guy go "Yeah, I dunno about this Corona thing, no one I know has gotten it..." it was pretty frustrating/disappointing.
NO

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7692 on: May 09, 2020, 06:27:51 AM »
https://twitter.com/Lukewearechange/status/1258933898714779656

the chicoms  :lawd

"How do you respond to something like this ?"
Some places have their shit together ?

:neogaf at the first Twitter response :

Ned Isakoff
@NIsakoff
·
8h
En réponse à
@Lukewearechange
I refuse to live like this. 

Those of you with kids:  Is this the life you want for your children?

This is the authorities' idea of the "new normal."  IF you accept it.

Washing hands ? Having a couple simple common sense checks to protect the health of kids in schools ?
 :rethread
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7693 on: May 09, 2020, 06:32:32 AM »

The US is just gonna drop infected paratroopers into China and the whole thing collapses.

Did the Venezuelans test the coup boys yet?  :ohhh

https://twitter.com/chicken__puppet/status/1258958290362544128

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1258943537007263744

Dana White fistbumping with no protection right before Jacare Souza got his positive results back is insane.

---

https://twitter.com/ThatDamnYank/status/1258957981061767168
It's not insane but the blueprint for re-opening that the President will study carefully.
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7694 on: May 09, 2020, 09:49:31 AM »
Forcing kids to wash their hands and shoes before entering school?! STOP THIS COMMIE TYRANNY!!!
dog

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #7695 on: May 09, 2020, 09:50:52 AM »
They're washing away their liberty :corona_mj
(ice)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7696 on: May 09, 2020, 10:09:22 AM »
Get screwed over daily by billion-dollar corporations that put profits before people?

"Whelp, that just capitalism. Nothing can be done about that."

Wear masks and wash hands to avoid getting sick?

"GOVERNMENT TYRANNY STOP TAKING AWAY MY FREEDOMS U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A!!!!!!"
dog

BisMarckie

« Reply #7697 on: May 09, 2020, 10:52:07 AM »
I bet this moron forgot to buy a license :neogaf

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #7698 on: May 09, 2020, 11:08:37 AM »
We’re a nation of cats.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7700 on: May 09, 2020, 11:30:09 AM »
down here in real america (mexico) we don't even have enough people to make a four block long line 8)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7701 on: May 09, 2020, 11:31:28 AM »
You living in the commie utopia you always dream of.

Oblivion

« Reply #7702 on: May 09, 2020, 11:36:32 AM »
morally questionable, but some fucks are so easy to grift off I'm not surprised it is a career path

bilking MAGA chuds it the most moral thing a person can do

it's a victimless crime

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
^_^

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7704 on: May 09, 2020, 12:54:46 PM »
He also ministered his gay sisters wedding, IIRC. Sadly, her gay-sense-of-style didn't impact his bleached beard. :doge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7705 on: May 09, 2020, 01:11:37 PM »
flavortown 2020 :pimp

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7706 on: May 09, 2020, 01:24:46 PM »
The Trump Death Cult: "Please let us die gasping for breath in freedom! It's just the flu, it isn't a big deal! If I go to the hospital and die it was all worth it!"

Trump himself:
*Mulvaney coughs*
"GET HIM OUT OF HERE WHERE IS THE FIRING SQUAD?"
🤴

Leadbelly

« Reply #7707 on: May 09, 2020, 02:07:07 PM »

I mean, it looks like a really competent and organised response, if not a little overly so. And 'overly so' is the key point here. The thing that immediately came to mind is, it looked so propagandistic. I just don't believe the majority of schools in China actually do this. Or would even have the funds to get that equipment. It just comes off as like a show to the world. Especially considering it goes way beyond what you would expect for precautionary measures. In a way that kind of makes me laugh actually.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #7708 on: May 09, 2020, 02:08:46 PM »
we should probably close this thread now that it's all over

Tripon

« Reply #7709 on: May 09, 2020, 02:30:44 PM »
The city of Pasadena is warning against Mother’s Day gatherings after its public health department recently traced a cluster of at least five coronavirus cases to a birthday party.

The party was held after the city issued stay-at-home orders March 19 and was attended by a large number of extended family members and friends who did not wear face coverings or stay six feet apart, the city said in a news release.

“One person showed up to the party exhibiting symptoms and joking she may have the virus,” Lisa Derderian, spokeswoman for the city of Pasadena, said in an email. “The aftermath affected several others who became seriously ill because of one person’s negligent and selfish behavior.”
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-09/coronavirus-case-cluster-pasadena-birthday-party-mothers-day

---

ROME —  South Korea’s capital closed down more than 2,100 bars and other nightspots Saturday because of a new cluster of coronavirus infections, Germany scrambled to contain fresh outbreaks at slaughterhouses, and Italian authorities worried that people were getting too friendly at cocktail hour during the country’s first weekend of eased restrictions.
The new outbreaks — and the fears of a second wave of contagion — underscored the dangers authorities face as they try to reopen their economies.

In South Korea, where a decline in new cases had prompted the government to loosen up, Seoul shut down thousands of nightclubs, hostess bars and discos after dozens of infections were linked to clubgoers who went out last weekend as the country relaxed its social-distancing guidelines.

Many of the infections were linked to a 29-year-old man who visited three nightclubs
before testing positive. Mayor Park Won-soon said health workers were trying to contact some 1,940 people who had been at the three clubs and other places nearby.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-05-09/outbreaks-in-germany-s-korea-show-the-risks-in-easing-up
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 02:48:13 PM by Tripon »

shosta

« Reply #7710 on: May 09, 2020, 02:40:09 PM »
I mean, it looks like a really competent and organised response, if not a little overly so. And 'overly so' is the key point here. The thing that immediately came to mind is, it looked so propagandistic. I just don't believe the majority of schools in China actually do this. Or would even have the funds to get that equipment. It just comes off as like a show to the world. Especially considering it goes way beyond what you would expect for precautionary measures. In a way that kind of makes me laugh actually.
what this forum needs is a markov chain generated by your posts
每天生气

Leadbelly

« Reply #7711 on: May 09, 2020, 02:51:46 PM »
what this forum needs is a markov chain generated by your posts

Honest answer: Can you understand why I might think it looks like propaganda based on the video?

shosta

« Reply #7712 on: May 09, 2020, 02:56:38 PM »
It is by definition propaganda and I doubt every school in China is exercising that level of sanitation but as someone who was just a few weeks ago casting aspersions on lockdowns and whose witless PM bungled the response so badly that he landed in the ER, the irony of you "laughing" at an insignificant feel good video is itself a deeply ironic image and extraordinarily in character for you.
每天生气

Leadbelly

« Reply #7715 on: May 09, 2020, 03:17:54 PM »
It is by definition propaganda and I doubt every school in China is exercising that level of sanitation but as someone who was just a few weeks ago casting aspersions on lockdowns and whose witless PM bungled the response so badly that he landed in the ER, the irony of you "laughing" at an insignificant feel good video is itself a deeply ironic image and extraordinarily in character for you.

There was a reason I asked that question of course. And that is, am I simply interpreting everything to fit a preconceived conclusion? And you seem to acknowledge that you at least understand my reasoning on this. That it does indeed look like a propaganda video. The point being, it was a legitimate point I made.

And I don't quite follow the point you are making here. Again, it either does look like a propaganda video or it doesn't. There is nothing hypocritical or ironic about stating something that is a fairly accurate description of something.

Interestingly though, I never once said lockdown measures were right or wrong. In fact I explicitly said in one of the posts you are probably referring to that it is was probably the right decision considering the circumstances. Funny that isn't it? How that is missed. Why is that exactly? Maybe 'ironically' preconceived notions of what I believe leaves you to always interpret everything I say a certain way maybe? Looking at everything people say along partisan lines? What?

The point I have made is that, there is no vaccine, the virus could come back in a second wave, and that at some point we may have to just face up to it and live as if everything is normal. I also fear that if we stay in lockdown for too long it could have disastrous effects. That is all.

shosta

« Reply #7716 on: May 09, 2020, 04:00:50 PM »
There was a reason I asked that question of course. And that is, am I simply interpreting everything to fit a preconceived conclusion? And you seem to acknowledge that you at least understand my reasoning on this. That it does indeed look like a propaganda video. The point being, it was a legitimate point I made.

And I don't quite follow the point you are making here. Again, it either does look like a propaganda video or it doesn't. There is nothing hypocritical or ironic about stating something that is a fairly accurate description of something.

Interestingly though, I never once said lockdown measures were right or wrong. In fact I explicitly said in one of the posts you are probably referring to that it is was probably the right decision considering the circumstances. Funny that isn't it? How that is missed. Why is that exactly? Maybe 'ironically' preconceived notions of what I believe leaves you to always interpret everything I say a certain way maybe? Looking at everything people say along partisan lines? What?

The point I have made is that, there is no vaccine, the virus could come back in a second wave, and that at some point we may have to just face up to it and live as if everything is normal. I also fear that if we stay in lockdown for too long it could have disastrous effects. That is all.
The thoughts... they're coming from inside your head
每天生气

Leadbelly

« Reply #7717 on: May 09, 2020, 04:08:15 PM »

The thoughts... they're coming from inside your head

Video unavailable.

You can't even get that right. :p

shosta

« Reply #7718 on: May 09, 2020, 05:21:25 PM »
每天生气

Occam

« Reply #7719 on: May 09, 2020, 05:25:33 PM »
The Kochs are stepping up their game.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #7721 on: May 09, 2020, 05:33:26 PM »
Forgot where I read this, but someone likened the gun-clutching crowd to babies with pacifiers and I can't get it out of my head.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7722 on: May 09, 2020, 05:37:38 PM »
Not to be a scholastic* terrorist but the more I see pictures of crowds of armed Americans, the more I wonder what would happen if you discreetly set off a firecracker in the crowd. 

* My Covid-19 resolution is that if you spell a word so bad Grammarly can't guess it in the top 5, you just go with the next best one.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

shosta

« Reply #7726 on: May 09, 2020, 07:11:33 PM »
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1259159878427267072

10 years from now, Elon Musk is going to be some kind of fucking Lex Luthor and there will be a ProPublica expose of how he's using nanomachines to harvest mulchified organs from poor people
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7727 on: May 09, 2020, 08:41:53 PM »
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1259162367285317633

Elon's moving his stuff to a Republican state  :trumps
🤴

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #7728 on: May 09, 2020, 11:51:54 PM »

:dead

Dad probably earned 70 percent of those badges for his kid, though.

Tripon

thisismyusername

« Reply #7730 on: May 10, 2020, 12:11:36 AM »

Tripon

« Reply #7731 on: May 10, 2020, 12:55:30 AM »
The South Korea LGBTQ community fears discrimination after a reported spike in coronavirus cases has linked to a 29-year-old man who visited nightclubs in the gay district of the capital.

As of May 9, the country confirmed 18 new coronavirus cases — the first time in five days that the number jumped above 10.

But local news reports have focused on details about the outbreak occurring in the gay district of Itaewon in the capital, causing anti-gay rhetoric on social media.

While homosexuality is not illegal in South Korea, discrimination of the LGBTQ community is widespread.

The country's rigorous "track and trace" model has caused fear in the LGBTQ community that people will be forced to out themselves.

Some local news organization later changed the headlines, removing references to "gay bars."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/south-korea-recorded-spike-covid-123017831.html

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Tripon

« Reply #7733 on: May 10, 2020, 01:41:31 AM »
https://twitter.com/StolenMonkey86/status/1259227733063802881

Golden Corral going to hire extra servers to put them in harm's way.  :doge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7734 on: May 10, 2020, 02:32:55 AM »
endless buffet, endless covid brought right to your table! :lol

bluemax

« Reply #7735 on: May 10, 2020, 02:59:19 AM »

10 years from now, Elon Musk is going to be some kind of fucking Lex Luthor and there will be a ProPublica expose of how he's using nanomachines to harvest mulchified organs from poor people

10 years from now he's going to be in a mental institution and a lot of findom nerds who wanted to suck his dick are going to pretend they were never into him.
NO

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #7736 on: May 10, 2020, 08:58:40 AM »

10 years from now he's going to be in a mental institution and a lot of findom nerds who wanted to suck his dick are going to pretend they were never into him.
Poor people can be crazy. The rich are eccentric.

thisismyusername

« Reply #7737 on: May 10, 2020, 09:08:16 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7738 on: May 10, 2020, 09:17:30 AM »
My Musk stan brother is already blaming everything on Grimes :lol

My bias with Musk started earlier than some and it's been a long time that he exhibited his quirks. Blaming it on Grimes is a bit weak.
ὕβρις

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7739 on: May 10, 2020, 11:41:39 AM »
god i hope snl is on its deathbad, that would be the best part of corona