Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1082080 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: Corona Thread |OT| Money-printer goes BRRRR
« Reply #7740 on: May 10, 2020, 04:25:43 PM »
Dab on him, Wrath.
dog

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7741 on: May 10, 2020, 04:37:18 PM »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #7743 on: May 10, 2020, 05:37:34 PM »
twitter.com/nick__puckett/status/1259541624389955584
look at these clowns... only in Obama's America

#ObamaGate
每天生气

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7744 on: May 10, 2020, 05:37:36 PM »
If it's a buffet for you, it's also a buffet for the virus

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7745 on: May 10, 2020, 05:54:50 PM »
Happy mothers day, Corona-chan. :uguu

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7746 on: May 10, 2020, 06:23:06 PM »

You had one job
🤴

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7747 on: May 10, 2020, 06:30:55 PM »
we back to color scales to represent danger levels :rejoice

bluemax

« Reply #7748 on: May 10, 2020, 08:13:18 PM »
My Musk stan brother is already blaming everything on Grimes :lol

My bias with Musk started earlier than some and it's been a long time that he exhibited his quirks. Blaming it on Grimes is a bit weak.

You know that meme thread post about "bu-bu-bu rocket go brrrr"? That's literally the last three arguments we had with him in a nutshell :lol

It's his own fault. I'm sitting in my living room chilling watching a flick or something and this guy has to bring up his wank dads and can't deal with any pushback.

I was in Jon Blow's twitch chat a week ago when someone brought up the Musk tweets about the stock and it was hilarious watching someone who espouses critical thinking so much turn themself into a mental pretzel to defend Elon Musk. OTOH I've seen a lot of other people finally start to realize that Musk isn't some savior of mankind and is just a self absorbed rich guy.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The lamest counter was "show your resume", to which I responded that I don't have rich parents who bankrolled my start in life. And apparently bringing up his parents and their ill-gotten riches is a meme.
[close]
NO

bluemax

« Reply #7750 on: May 10, 2020, 08:50:01 PM »
I was in Jon Blow's twitch chat

And that's where you fucked up.

I haven't been back since. As a video game programmer I am interested in his programming language and some of his thoughts, but any time he deviates from talking about programming I realize I am not among like minded people.
NO

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7751 on: May 10, 2020, 09:53:50 PM »
god i hope snl is on its deathbad, that would be the best part of corona

You think coronavirus going to kill SNL, when years of horrible writing couldn't?

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Tripon

« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 02:01:34 AM by Tripon »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7755 on: May 11, 2020, 11:39:11 AM »
The day after lockdown : Work gave a handful of masks (fabric and a couple surgical I think). Public transportation is fine, plenty of room... But I'm not using the most popular routes. Only a third, at most, of the usual workforce here.
I had work during the lockdown, it's not so much different for me except I have masks now (mandatory in public transport, likely to be  expected elsewhere).
ὕβρις

Tripon

« Reply #7756 on: May 11, 2020, 12:35:42 PM »
???

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #7757 on: May 11, 2020, 12:40:06 PM »
eddie da gawd :rejoice
(ice)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #7758 on: May 11, 2020, 12:57:36 PM »
Having a mask means I can mouth off dirty things to people without their consent and they can't read my lips  :lawd
fat

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #7759 on: May 11, 2020, 01:19:11 PM »
An old friend’s mom died over the weekend of this, first person I know personally  :'(
vin

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7760 on: May 11, 2020, 01:28:22 PM »
Having a mask means I can mouth off dirty things to people without their consent and they can't read my lips  :lawd

This is a sex crime in the future and you just left evidence. 

Tripon

« Reply #7761 on: May 11, 2020, 01:48:06 PM »
Thousands attended a rodeo in California despite state orders against public gatherings amid the coronavirus pandemic, it has been reported.

Crowds could be seen packed tightly in the stands at Sunday’s annual Cottonwood Rodeo in rural Shasta County, after local police said they would not enforce the state’s lockdown orders.

Video also showed people queueing outside toilets and food trucks, even though organisers promised food would not be sold at the event.

Despite the crisis – California has seen more than 66,000 cases of Covid-19 – a number of spectators told local media they felt safe enough to attend due to Shasta County’s low rates of confirmed infections.

“This event’s been going on for 50 years, it’s a tradition for probably most of us, the rest of them that are here have been tired of being cooped up for months,” one festival-goer told KRCR News, an ABC affiliate station.

“We have constitutional rights, we have inalienable rights given to us by God,” another said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-california-rodeo-attracts-thousands-105805026.html

welp

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7762 on: May 11, 2020, 01:56:20 PM »
Isn’t it fun? We get to see who was right later! Thanks, dummies

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7763 on: May 11, 2020, 01:57:21 PM »
Still no back-to-work date, I imagine the company is seeing how many people take the bait for the voluntary sacrifice.

Republicans were right, I have no desire to return to my shitty job. Being at home is way better.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7764 on: May 11, 2020, 02:00:06 PM »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #7765 on: May 11, 2020, 02:01:54 PM »
Yeah, probably

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7769 on: May 11, 2020, 02:26:44 PM »
https://www.thebeaverton.com/2020/05/quebec-suddenly-fine-with-people-covering-their-faces/

Kind of the same in France, the debates about hoods for Muslim women got increasingly strident for years culminating in a severe law for all face coverings.

I'm sure we'll resume the controversy once everything is back to some normal in a few years (?) -though I think mask usage for medical protection will become a lot more accepted and common in the West- but at least we'll be spared of it for a while.
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #7770 on: May 11, 2020, 03:00:50 PM »
Thousands attended a rodeo in California despite state orders against public gatherings amid the coronavirus pandemic, it has been reported.

Crowds could be seen packed tightly in the stands at Sunday’s annual Cottonwood Rodeo in rural Shasta County, after local police said they would not enforce the state’s lockdown orders.

Video also showed people queueing outside toilets and food trucks, even though organisers promised food would not be sold at the event.

Despite the crisis – California has seen more than 66,000 cases of Covid-19 – a number of spectators told local media they felt safe enough to attend due to Shasta County’s low rates of confirmed infections.

“This event’s been going on for 50 years, it’s a tradition for probably most of us, the rest of them that are here have been tired of being cooped up for months,” one festival-goer told KRCR News, an ABC affiliate station.

“We have constitutional rights, we have inalienable rights given to us by God,” another said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-california-rodeo-attracts-thousands-105805026.html

(Image removed from quote.)

welp

More like shosta county. Never trust them.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 03:06:24 PM by BisMarckie »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

Tripon

thisismyusername

Tripon

« Reply #7777 on: May 11, 2020, 07:22:17 PM »
https://www.racecounts.org/covid/

Mapping where Coronavirus cases are in L.A. county.

In March, the areas with the largest number of cases were Los Angeles’s historically wealthier communities, both suburban (such as Encino and Torrance) and more urban (including West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and Brentwood).
By mid-April, new cases began appearing in lower-income areas, including the southeast and southwest parts of metro L.A., and northeast to the San Fernando Valley.
Now, in early May, the pandemic has taken root in South and Southeast L.A., as well as communities located in the San Fernando Valley and farthermost parts of the county, including Pomona, Santa Clarita, Palmdale, and Lancaster.

Through early April, our data show lower-poverty areas had slightly more cases than higher-poverty areas.
The trajectory of cases in wealthier communities grew at a relatively slow, steady rate, with arguably some flattening of the curve. This may be due to the ability of residents of wealthier areas to shelter in place.
By the second week of April, the growth of cases in poorer communities overtook the rate for wealthier ones, and the difference began to accelerate.
By April 20th, a new dynamic came into play, with a steeper increase in cases that continued through the end of the month.
By May 1st, the number of cases in higher-poverty areas was over twice the number in lower-poverty areas.

By % White: Communities with a higher percentage of  White residents have stayed on the same continuous incline of cases and by mid-April, have had consistently lower case numbers compared to communities with a lower percentage of White residents.
By % Latinx: There was a lower initial prevalence in higher-Latinx areas (which may reflect limited access to testing and reluctance to access care due to distrust of public institutions), but after a tipping point in early April, new cases begin to increase more rapidly compared to lower-Latinx areas. By May 1st, higher-Latinx areas had 1.8 times as many cases as lower-Latinx areas.
By % Black: Since the beginning, higher-Black areas have been on a steeper increase in cases compared to lower-Black areas, but by the third week of April, there has been an even steeper, widening gap between the higher-Black and lower-Black areas.
By % Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: Higher- and lower-percent-NHPI areas shared relatively similar numbers in cases in late March and early April, but as April progressed, the gap widened. As of May 1st, higher-NHPI areas have 1.3 times as many cases as lower-NHPI areas.
By % Asian: Higher percent-Asian areas have had a higher number of cases throughout March and April with a more steady gap compared to any other racial/ethnic group.
By % American Indian or Alaska Native: Higher- and lower-AIAN areas show the same curve in both cases. This could be due to their population being dispersed, misidentification, and the tendency of data to collapse their identities with other racial/ethnic groups.

Basically, the 2nd wave in L.A. County will be in poorer communities that will be forced to go to work because they can't rely on Unemployment insurance to stay home.

Oblivion

« Reply #7778 on: May 11, 2020, 07:29:34 PM »
i haven't really seen a lot of people talk about it, but has anyone considered how stuff like dating is going to be effected in this post corona world? i'm probably not gonna get the chance to suck on some big luscious titties until like a year at least   :larry

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #7779 on: May 11, 2020, 07:39:44 PM »
People are still out there fucking strangers. It’s not impossible.

If anything, you’re in a better spot because there isn’t much else to do on a date except relax at home.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

bluemax

« Reply #7784 on: May 11, 2020, 09:29:00 PM »
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1259845187360239625

:-\

Meanwhile:

https://twitter.com/santamonicacity/status/1259994114302464000

i haven't really seen a lot of people talk about it, but has anyone considered how stuff like dating is going to be effected in this post corona world? i'm probably not gonna get the chance to suck on some big luscious titties until like a year at least   :larry

I think about it a lot. Seems like 20 somethings are out there partying and hooking up, but I dunno about people my age.
NO

Bebpo

« Reply #7785 on: May 11, 2020, 09:51:00 PM »
You know, you think you're safe living in a nice blue state of intelligent people like CA and then you find out that if you live in a red republican controlled county you're still fucked!  -_-

All these protests in OC and San Diego, the big red spots of old white supremacy in CA -_-

Notice how no one is doing these dumbass protests in central LA.

Bebpo

« Reply #7786 on: May 11, 2020, 09:52:33 PM »
People are still out there fucking strangers. It’s not impossible.

If anything, you’re in a better spot because there isn’t much else to do on a date except relax at home.

The bolded seems real dumb.

I've seen a few people on dating apps up for that. They've also been in the "VIRUS ISN'T REAL, TRUST THE WAVE SPIRIT" crazy.

I'm pretty much just assuming I'm not touching another person for a year.

ToxicAdam

« Reply #7787 on: May 11, 2020, 10:29:13 PM »
It’s totally reasonable if you have pre existing conditions or are dating someone in the medical field. But, the vast majority of us are going to dodge this, be asymptomatic or recover from an infection.

Don’t nuke your mental state to avoid an outlier outcome.  Once you make yourself an island, it’s hard to undo that mentality.

thisismyusername

« Reply #7788 on: May 11, 2020, 10:36:03 PM »
Don’t nuke your mental state to avoid an outlier outcome.  Once you make yourself an island, it’s hard to undo that mentality.

:fbm

Bebpo

« Reply #7789 on: May 11, 2020, 10:38:40 PM »
Idk, why even risk a 1/100 chance of dying, a 1/10 chance of getting sick to the point of being hospitalized, to date and fuck for now. I mean you'll still be able to date and fuck in a year if you're alive.

Also, do you really want to be dating & fucking the kind of people that are dating & fucking right now? If this won't keep them down, idk how much I would trust them on stds and stuff.

fwiw, this does not apply to people in relationships or dating before all this happened. I know a few couples are that quarantining separate but together where they still see each other and fuck and live apart but they both trust each other for not going around doing anything crazy to expose them.

Some random ass person I don't anything about? Man, that's all the worst parts of dating magnified in this current pandemic!

ToxicAdam

« Reply #7790 on: May 11, 2020, 11:12:04 PM »
i think dating a stranger is much less risky then sitting in public transportation every day, or shopping in a store, going to the dentist or going to a barber. These are all things we’re going to be doing in a couple months. Life is going to demand it.

I think with this pandemic you’re going to just make these kinds of risk assessments. Going to a 500 person wedding is stupid, but going to a dinner party with another couple is fine. Going to a bar to watch a PPV fight is stupid, but going to an outdoor fireworks display is fine.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #7791 on: May 12, 2020, 12:13:09 AM »
it's a little different for bebs being immuno compromised, but i agree with Adam. if you're not on full lockdown, surely you can date. you can still keep a fair social distance getting to know eachother until you decide you want to pop eachother's bubbles  :letsfukk
◕‿◕

thisismyusername

« Reply #7792 on: May 12, 2020, 12:15:17 AM »
I mean, you can date sure. But like you said: Beib's immuno-compromised. Do you really want to bone and possibly catch Corona-chan and spread it to your friends that may be like Justin Bebs? :doge

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #7793 on: May 12, 2020, 12:23:49 AM »
if you're not in a stable bubble you should be avoiding people who you know are immuno compromised yeah. you can't expect normal people not to date unless there are govt enforced restrictions on hanging out with new people
◕‿◕

thisismyusername

« Reply #7794 on: May 12, 2020, 12:27:30 AM »
My point was more that it's invisible. You're basically risking it if want to fuck (sort of like STD's, granted) but on a more grand scale, because unlike STD's this can spread beyond you (and your partners).

I don't necessarily want to "tut, tut" folks that want to bump uglies. But I feel it's... rash... to do that, with so many folks (like Beibs, old folks, yourself/person fucking in a way) being affected.

Then again, I also tut-tut the folks going to the beach, etc. I get why (to get out of the house, avoid cabin fever), but that doesn't make it a "smart" thing to do.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7795 on: May 12, 2020, 01:17:49 AM »
Horny never leads to sound decisions. people are going to fuck, it is what it is :yeshrug

I'd say most of the people that will fuck in lockdown are probably not doing it rabbit style with dozens of partners either. From my anecdotal evidence, it's probably hooking up with a single person if that. I don't think it's a big infection driver...
I didn't fuck ( >:( ) and so did a lot of single people however I've seen a couple of people for drinks, all while having to work still. It's the same risk essentially, not less (or more) responsible.

Not to say they shouldn't be upfront about the fact they've seen people if you worry about having to meet them face to face.
ὕβρις

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7796 on: May 12, 2020, 02:29:54 AM »
 :fbm

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #7797 on: May 12, 2020, 02:49:14 AM »
I still try to keep interactions to a minimum (including going outside) but when i do go out, i see a lot of people are taking this "Phase2" as a "Oh, yeah everything's fine now" even in stores, they seem less concerned about keeping their distance.
I'm a bit worried about the second spike, tbh.
But i understand with the coming of the summer, it'll be almost impossible to keep people home, even beyond the economic problems.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #7798 on: May 12, 2020, 03:04:47 AM »
Mfw the cabrona virus didn’t put a dent on your fucking  :pimp

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Because you weren’t getting any in the first place :goty
[close]
Margs

Bebpo

« Reply #7799 on: May 12, 2020, 03:23:30 AM »
Yeah, definitely noticing a "ok, it's over, time to get back to life" vibe locally lately in So Cal.

The only good thing from this is suddenly I'm able to get TP and soap and supplies because I guess fewer people are hoarding now that some think it's over?