Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1081756 times)

Leadbelly

Re: Corona Thread |OT| Money-printer goes BRRRR
« Reply #7980 on: May 15, 2020, 03:02:54 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if you even know the point you're making, let alone what I am making. You were talking about a second wave, no? How does a second wave spontaneously appear?
What I was talking about was how China has 4,600 deaths and the UK has 35,000.

Okay. You also mentioned a second wave. In terms of how a second wave occurs, I don't know.

I'm sure you have watched the video by now. The expert states that it is basically going to keep coming back until 60 to 70% of the population has it. Unless there is a vaccine.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7981 on: May 15, 2020, 03:05:10 PM »
I finally read Leadbelly's posts from the last few months.  I know We of the Secret Cabal promised each other and that we would only reply to his comments in bad faith, but I just couldn't suffer the call outs anymore.  Guys, he was right about everything - the conspiracy, the science, Sweden.  The UK's initial response was sound and backed by science.  The fact that they changed course can only be explained by how they presented their plan to the public.  His arguments were coherent and elegant.  Not being an expert himself, he sat fence like a gymnast and only presented us with the information needed to better ourselves.  He never offered his opinions and when he did they were true, obvious, and backed by a scientist.  I would also just like to contrast his conduct with ours - he never resorted to making sly digs at anyone. Because why would he? It's pathetic.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #7982 on: May 15, 2020, 03:06:14 PM »
I'm sure you have watched the video by now. The expert states that it is basically going to keep coming back until 60 to 70% of the population has it. Unless there is a vaccine.
What he's not saying is that 60%-70% of the population has to get it. He's endorsing suppression strategies and explaining that there will be future outbreaks.
每天生气

Leadbelly

« Reply #7983 on: May 15, 2020, 03:08:32 PM »
What he's not saying is that 60%-70% of the population has to get it. He's endorsing suppression strategies and explaining that there will be future outbreaks.

No he isn't saying that.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7984 on: May 15, 2020, 03:08:47 PM »
:lol

shosta

« Reply #7985 on: May 15, 2020, 03:09:49 PM »
No he isn't saying that.
You're telling me that he thinks 60%-70% of the population will eventually get coronavirus if there isn't a vaccine in a couple of years?
每天生气

Leadbelly

« Reply #7986 on: May 15, 2020, 03:12:54 PM »
No he isn't saying that.
You're telling me that he thinks 60%-70% of the population will eventually get coronavirus if there isn't a vaccine in a couple of years?

I was agreeing with you.

Mandark

• Icon
fuck it I can make his argument better than he can
« Reply #7987 on: May 15, 2020, 03:14:08 PM »
Okay so the argument goes something like this:

1) COVID19 only goes away when there is a vaccine, or some degree of population-wide immunity from having been infected previously.

2) In the best case a vaccine is far away and in the worst case there will never be one.

3) Given that, our most likely path out is through herd immunity, which means ~70% of the population getting infected.

4) Since it is inevitable that most of the population is going to contract the virus, the only point of restricting the spread is to keep the health system from being overwhelmed Lombardy-style, and to steer the virus away from the elderly and at-risk, so the rest of the population can build up immunity with fewer deaths.

5) Countries that have seemingly "beaten" the virus are only winning Pyrrhic victories, because they rely on continuing and unsustainable restrictions on people's mobility. As soon as they remove those restrictions, the virus will come roaring back until 70% of the population have the antibodies. South Korea, China, New Zealand, etc. are merely delaying the inevitable at great economic cost. (the flipside of this is that countries like Sweden aren't necessarily doing "worse" for having excess deaths now, since other countries will be suffering those as well, just a smidge later)

that about right?

Leadbelly

Re: fuck it I can make his argument better than he can
« Reply #7988 on: May 15, 2020, 03:17:17 PM »

1) COVID19 only goes away when there is a vaccine, or some degree of population-wide immunity from having been infected previously.

2) In the best case a vaccine is far away and in the worst case there will never be one.

3) Given that, our most likely path out is through herd immunity, which means ~70% of the population getting infected.

4) Since it is inevitable that most of the population is going to contract the virus, the only point of restricting the spread is to keep the health system from being overwhelmed Lombardy-style, and to steer the virus away from the elderly and at-risk, so the rest of the population can build up immunity with fewer deaths.

5) Countries that have seemingly "beaten" the virus are only winning Pyrrhic victories, because they rely on continuing and unsustainable restrictions on people's mobility. As soon as they remove those restrictions, the virus will come roaring back until 70% of the population have the antibodies. South Korea, China, New Zealand, etc. are merely delaying the inevitable at great economic cost.

that about right?

I will say that is actually a reasonable argument. Whether ultimately it will turn out right or wrong.

shosta

« Reply #7989 on: May 15, 2020, 03:17:35 PM »
edit: misread
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #7990 on: May 15, 2020, 03:19:47 PM »
You should be more willing to take a stand.

And that's coming from me, the forum's most notorious and reviled coward.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #7991 on: May 15, 2020, 03:21:13 PM »
This was the true shit thread all along  :ohhh
Margs

Leadbelly

« Reply #7992 on: May 15, 2020, 03:22:21 PM »
You should be more willing to take a stand.

And that's coming from me, the forum's most notorious and reviled coward.

I was never that confident in it to begin with. I think you lot want me to take a stand more than I ever did. I guess because you wanted to shoot me down for it for some reason.

shosta

« Reply #7993 on: May 15, 2020, 03:23:59 PM »
you were pretty fatalistic and giving too much cover for BJ a couple of months ago. You just have this weird predilection when there are clear counterexamples
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7994 on: May 15, 2020, 03:24:26 PM »

5) Countries that have seemingly "beaten" the virus are only winning Pyrrhic victories, because they rely on continuing and unsustainable restrictions on people's mobility. As soon as they remove those restrictions, the virus will come roaring back until 70% of the population have the antibodies. South Korea, China, New Zealand, etc. are merely delaying the inevitable at great economic cost.

that about right?

I will say that is actually a reasonable argument. Whether ultimately it will turn out right or wrong.

Do you think the UK would have suffered unnecessary deaths due to PPE shortages had they gone through with their initial strategy? 

Do you think it makes any difference when people get the virus in terms of death toll?  Like if we all get it once will the death toll be the same as we all got it over two years?

Why do you think the UK changed its strategy? 

Has your opinion changed over the last three months?

Oblivion

« Reply #7995 on: May 15, 2020, 03:32:09 PM »
https://twitter.com/kazweida/status/1261348574593380353

"never thought that corona-chan would hurt me!"   :uguu

Leadbelly

« Reply #7996 on: May 15, 2020, 03:32:27 PM »

that about right?

Do you think the UK would have suffered unnecessary deaths due to PPE shortages had they gone through with their initial strategy? 

Do you think it makes any difference when people get the virus in terms of death toll?  Like if we all get it once will the death toll be the same as we all got it over two years?

Hold on. I am going to go back to my original posts, because I know there are bits that you missed.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7997 on: May 15, 2020, 03:34:23 PM »
We can have Mandark write up your arguments and you can just yes no them if that would make you more confident.  I don't see how your original post is going to answer if your opinions have changed since them. 

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #7998 on: May 15, 2020, 03:37:20 PM »
If someone's presenting a plan with the caveat "sure, a lot more people are going to get killed because of this over the next few months, but..." then they better have a pretty ironclad counterfactual.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7999 on: May 15, 2020, 03:37:43 PM »
https://twitter.com/kazweida/status/1261348574593380353

"never thought that corona-chan would hurt me!"   :uguu

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. Also all this evidence you're showing me is all made up by the fake media and doesn't count."
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8003 on: May 15, 2020, 04:08:07 PM »
I'm a dude that runs hot.  Also, I get all sweaty in a mask.  If this becomes normal I'll have to stay in my room for the next few years, but out of social stigma instead of shame. 

Leadbelly

« Reply #8004 on: May 15, 2020, 04:08:53 PM »
A part of me just feels like, lets get this shit over and done with. Mitigate the spread as much as we can, but fuck this lock down shit.

Not sure many people are with me on this though. And I'm not sure I am to be honest. It's just that the more I read about how it is going to take years, and that obviously we can't keep shit shut down for the long term anyway, the more I kind of feel like, 'fuck it then!'.

I didn't jump on it, I said I understood it after reading more about the issues with containing it. It's not like I wouldn't want a better solution or anything.

I will say one thing though. I also understand there is a tragic side of life, something the West has forgot a little bit. We've gone through this many times already. Sometimes it is inescapable.
Yeah. And I'm not sure I even want to do it anyway just yet. The thing is though, it seems like there is no way out of it. That eventually we will give up on it anyway.

I was never that confident in it to begin with. That's the first thing. This was me just thinking aloud on current news.

And I never stated it was the right or wrong course of action:

None of this is true though. The idea is quite clearly coming from epidemiologists. Goodness knows, I have listened a lot to them over past week. It is not some plot to save the economy over lives. Although economic meltdown isn't great either.

It may seem like a risky strategy, which is why many countries will choose the other option though. And it might not be the best course of action. Suppression has seemed to work in places like China. What we don't yet know is what happens when China goes back to normal. Things could change just like that.

The weird thing is, I notice the arguments are actually the same. It's you talking about the 'herd immunity' strategy being all about the economy and me arguing against it. The other thing is, I state it might not be the best course of action.

Looking back, I always thought there was at least a logical argument in the mitigation strategy, I still do. And was a little annoyed by people completely mocking the UK approach to it. I never said it was necessarily the right strategy though. I didn't know. Only that it seemed there was at least some logic to it.

I will say one thing though, I do believe that if things come back in a big way, governments will seriously consider it. Hopefully there will be a vaccine or some working treatment before then.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 04:24:22 PM by Leadbelly »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8005 on: May 15, 2020, 04:23:26 PM »
I don't know if you are an idiot or not.  And I don't want you to be an idiot.  And I haven't actually ever called you an idiot.  But I do make lots of posts under the premise that you are an idiot.  Hypothetically, and I'm not saying this is true, if one were to call you an idiot, I would feel like there is a certain logic there. 

Question, do I think you are an idiot?  Yes no. 

Lets look at it another way

A part of me just feels like, lets get this shit over and done with. Mitigate the spread as much as we can, but fuck this lock down shit.

Not sure many people are with me on this though. And I'm not sure I am to be honest. It's just that the more I read about how it is going to take years, and that obviously we can't keep shit shut down for the long term anyway, the more I kind of feel like, 'fuck it then!'.

I didn't jump on it, I said I understood it after reading more about the issues with containing it. It's not like I wouldn't want a better solution or anything.

I will say one thing though. I also understand there is a tragic side of life, something the West has forgot a little bit. We've gone through this many times already. Sometimes it is inescapable.
Yeah. And I'm not sure I even want to do it anyway just yet. The thing is though, it seems like there is no way out of it. That eventually we will give up on it anyway.

I was never that confident in it to begin with. That's the first thing. This was me just thinking aloud on current news.

None of this is true though. The idea is quite clearly coming from epidemiologists. Goodness knows, I have listened a lot to them over past week. It is not some plot to save the economy over lives. Although economic meltdown isn't great either.

It may seem like a risky strategy, which is why many countries will choose the other option though. And it might not be the best course of action. Suppression has seemed to work in places like China.  What we don't yet know is what happens when China goes back to normal. Things could change just like that.

The weird thing I notice the arguments are actually the same. It's you talking about the 'herd immunity' strategy being all about the economy and me arguing against it.

The other thing is, I state it might not be the best course of action. Looking back, I always thought there was at least a logical argument in the mitigation strategy, I still do. And was a little annoyed by people completely mocking the UK approach to it. I never said it was necessarily the right strategy though. I didn't know. Only that it seemed there was at least some logic to it.

I will say one thing though, I do believe that if things come back in a big way, governments will seriously consider it. Hopefully there will be a vaccine or some working treatment before then.

Do you know what weasel words are? 

Definition of weasel word

: a word used in order to evade or retreat from a direct or forthright statement or position

All you did is bold them to try to hid the fact that your feels are pretty clear on the matter. 

Now maybe you want to answer these:

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8006 on: May 15, 2020, 04:29:08 PM »
Or maybe you can answer this if you haven't made up your mind, and are not advocating the approach Sweden is taking or the Uk was planning on taking, why do you making posts about them?  Are you playing devil's advocate?   

Bebpo

« Reply #8007 on: May 15, 2020, 04:29:52 PM »
https://twitter.com/HollywoodShack/status/1261380986820079619

uh...isn't 97.4 kind of...bad?

Wat.

98.6 is normal for most people. Personally I run low around 96.8 to 97.6, but 98.6 is average.

Bebpo

« Reply #8008 on: May 15, 2020, 04:31:24 PM »
Also related to that on temps from studies this year:

https://elemental.medium.com/the-average-human-body-temperature-is-no-longer-98-6-f-c88c19716852

So average should be closer to about 97.6 for humans currently.

shosta

« Reply #8009 on: May 15, 2020, 04:35:50 PM »
Oblivion might have thought it was Celsius
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #8010 on: May 15, 2020, 04:36:37 PM »
I don't know if you are an idiot or not.  And I don't want you to be an idiot.  And I haven't actually ever called you an idiot.  But I do make lots of posts under the premise that you are an idiot.
newsfeed
每天生气

Leadbelly

« Reply #8011 on: May 15, 2020, 05:26:13 PM »
I don't know if you are an idiot or not.  And I don't want you to be an idiot.  And I haven't actually ever called you an idiot.  But I do make lots of posts under the premise that you are an idiot.  Hypothetically, and I'm not saying this is true, if one were to call you an idiot, I would feel like there is a certain logic there. 

Question, do I think you are an idiot?  Yes no. 

Lets look at it another way

It may seem like a risky strategy, which is why many countries will choose the other option though. And it might not be the best course of action. Suppression has seemed to work in places like China.  What we don't yet know is what happens when China goes back to normal. Things could change just like that.

The weird thing I notice the arguments are actually the same. It's you talking about the 'herd immunity' strategy being all about the economy and me arguing against it.

The other thing is, I state it might not be the best course of action. Looking back, I always thought there was at least a logical argument in the mitigation strategy, I still do. And was a little annoyed by people completely mocking the UK approach to it. I never said it was necessarily the right strategy though. I didn't know. Only that it seemed there was at least some logic to it.

Do you know what weasel words are? 

Definition of weasel word

: a word used in order to evade or retreat from a direct or forthright statement or position

All you did is bold them to try to hid the fact that your feels are pretty clear on the matter. 

Now maybe you want to answer these:

Or they were highlighted because it actually shows doubt in those opinions. The point being I was never as confident in that argument as you think I was. The other thing highlighted is me clearly acknowledging that it may not be the right course of action based on how successful China was. I mean, the words are actually there. The argument you're really making is I didn't really mean those words. That if you read between the lines, I do strongly believe that 'herd immunity' is the right and best course of action.

Okay so the question: Has your opinion changed over the last three months?

Well, first of all, another post of mine back in early April.
Not exactly. I accept the advice that the lockdown is the way to go with this one. However, I also acknowledge that there is no exit strategy, the virus might come back when lockdown restrictions are lifted, and that the economic consequences to all this might be devastating. The truth is, the lockdown measures were the safest option in a period of uncertainty. We simply didn't know (still don't really) what the outcome would be.

A lot of my posts on this are on the premise that there is no exit strategy, and the virus is going to come back. And in those terms, yes, I do believe there is a possibility that we may have to face up to this one. A vaccine could take years to develop. I just don't think it is feasible to keep going into lockdown for years to come. Again this is predicated on whether the virus comes back in a big way.

The truth is, I was never as committed to this idea as you think I was though. I was quite happy to accept lockdown for instance. I know that isn't satisfactory to you, but the truth is, I'm not an expert and can't predict the future. I just realise that the other strategy is also a very real possibility based on the factors I've mentioned. And to be honest, I would accept it if the experts turned around and said that was the only way out of it.

Oblivion

« Reply #8012 on: May 15, 2020, 05:26:40 PM »
https://twitter.com/HollywoodShack/status/1261380986820079619

uh...isn't 97.4 kind of...bad?

Wat.

98.6 is normal for most people. Personally I run low around 96.8 to 97.6, but 98.6 is average.

i thought even a degree or two difference was supposed to be a big deal

no joke, i have never in my life had any temperature that deviated between 98.2 - 98.8 when i was healthy. i think there was MAYBE one time where it went under 98.0, and that was when i was sick.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8013 on: May 15, 2020, 05:48:42 PM »
I have no idear of my temp and had no idear people keep track of something like that, ya fackin androids  :lol

Leadbelly

« Reply #8014 on: May 15, 2020, 05:55:11 PM »
Or maybe you can answer this if you haven't made up your mind, and are not advocating the approach Sweden is taking or the Uk was planning on taking, why do you making posts about them?  Are you playing devil's advocate?

I'm from the UK. My original post on this was after reading an article in the Atlantic. I said I understood their approach after reading that article. I also stated that it might turn out to be the right approach. I then qualified that by saying that I hope it isn't. Also other mentions was simply me being annoyed by people mocking the strategy. Again I thought there was at least some logic to it. It wasn't completely ludicrous.

Sweden. Only time I have mentioned Sweden is in the posts recently. And it was only in passing. The real point of my argument was about there being scientists out there that genuinely believe the mitigation strategy was the right strategy. In response to you of course.

Oblivion

« Reply #8015 on: May 15, 2020, 06:04:14 PM »
I have no idear of my temp and had no idear people keep track of something like that, ya fackin androids  :lol

i don't intentionally keep track of them. the only reason i'm aware of it is because of how rare it is when my temp deviates that much from the norm.

shosta

« Reply #8016 on: May 15, 2020, 06:14:57 PM »
Also other mentions was simply me being annoyed by people mocking the strategy. Again I thought there was at least some logic to it. It wasn't completely ludicrous.
The reason we were mocking the strategy is because it was clearly negligent, and it turned out exactly the way the pessimists predicted. As I write this, the current excess deaths literature suggests over 50,000 people have died in the UK. That's why Arvid and I get a little emotional over some of your posts.
每天生气

BIONIC

« Reply #8017 on: May 15, 2020, 06:27:20 PM »

Maybe they don’t have easy access to dildos and a thermometer is the only suitable object they have to stick up their bum   :-[
Margs

Leadbelly

« Reply #8018 on: May 15, 2020, 06:43:14 PM »
Also other mentions was simply me being annoyed by people mocking the strategy. Again I thought there was at least some logic to it. It wasn't completely ludicrous.
The reason we were mocking the strategy is because it was clearly negligent, and it turned out exactly the way the pessimists predicted. As I write this, the current excess deaths literature suggests over 50,000 people have died in the UK. That's why Arvid and I get a little emotional over some of your posts.

It didn't turn out too great in the end. I do think though there is a possibility it turns out be a future model, weirdly enough. Just depends how long countries can stomach multiple lockdowns.

The 50,000 figure is excess deaths right? While I'm not going to argue against you in general, I do find the excess death figure kind of funny(not really, just an expression) because I have seen it used to argue that we aren't doing that bad. Mainly because the UK was the first country in Europe to top 30,000. And a presenter used the excess death figure to show it might not be entirely what it seems.

Again, I'm not really trying to refute you as such, only I really did see it used that way.

Honestly, here:

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #8020 on: May 15, 2020, 07:01:44 PM »
not a riveting sequel to the war on terror tbh

BIONIC

« Reply #8021 on: May 15, 2020, 07:03:44 PM »
 :gun  The fats!!
Margs

shosta

« Reply #8022 on: May 15, 2020, 07:04:28 PM »
boris bikes for everyone :rejoice
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8023 on: May 15, 2020, 07:08:05 PM »
not a riveting sequel to the war on terror tbh

Wait for the conclusion to the trilogy where its Osama catapulting fatties into towers.   It will all be retconned as part of the Angry Birds EU. 

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
« Reply #8026 on: May 15, 2020, 07:53:55 PM »
Kinda digging the hotline number to snitch on law-breakers. I called about my neighbor Jacob Sockness having a bunch of anal sex outside and yelling racial obscenities about COVID-19. He needs to be stopped.
:{]

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8027 on: May 15, 2020, 08:24:43 PM »

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #8028 on: May 15, 2020, 08:27:27 PM »
I pretended corona didn't exist as I acclimated to not leaving the house the past month. Has any research of note happened, are we less, more or lukewarm fucked currently?
American fuckery need not apply.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8029 on: May 15, 2020, 08:36:18 PM »
I pretended corona didn't exist as I acclimated to not leaving the house the past month. Has any research of note happened, are we less, more or lukewarm fucked currently?
American fuckery need not apply.
A second wave in the fall is all but certain.
These are the scenario's our government projects.

1. Multiple slowly degrading waves over the next 24 months

2. Massive 2nd wave spike in the fall of 2020

3. It slowly mellows out after the first big wave has been flattened
🤴

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #8030 on: May 15, 2020, 08:39:11 PM »
Too potent to fizzle out, big kahuna of death later seems likelier with places rushing to open up.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8031 on: May 15, 2020, 08:46:51 PM »
Pretty much.

The weirdest thing is the masks. In my country it is forbidden to own or wear medical masks unless you are an essential medical worker.
Even if you import them yourself they could be confiscated for use in hospitals.

If we want a mask we need to create our own 'non-medical' masks based on this PDF instruction (https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/binaries/rijksoverheid/documenten/publicaties/2020/05/09/covid-19-niet-medisch-mondkapje/Covid19_niet-medisch+mondkapje.pdf) or buy non-medical face masks. It will be mandatory to wear a non-medical mask in public transport starting June 1st.
🤴

shosta

每天生气

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #8033 on: May 15, 2020, 08:52:54 PM »
Ah yes, the rural nothingness of Seoul. What an empty, lonely space.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #8036 on: May 15, 2020, 09:06:30 PM »
ASHINGTON (AP) — Five sailors on the U.S. aircraft carrier sidelined in Guam due to a COVID-19 outbreak have tested positive for the virus for the second time and have been taken off the ship, according to the Navy.

The resurgence of the virus in the five sailors on the USS Theodore Roosevelt underscores the befuddling behavior of the highly contagious virus and raises questions about how troops that test positive can be reintegrated into the military, particularly on ships.

All five sailors had previously tested positive and had gone through at least two weeks of isolation. As part of the process, they all had to test negative twice in a row, with the tests separated by at least a day or two before they were allowed to go back to the ship.

SS Incubator

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #8037 on: May 15, 2020, 09:15:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/michael_hendrix/status/1261396172503056384

https://twitter.com/michael_hendrix/status/1261396175627841536

Hundreds of thousands of New York City residents, in particular those from the city’s wealthiest neighborhoods, left as the coronavirus pandemic hit, an analysis of multiple sources of aggregated smartphone location data has found.

Roughly 5 percent of residents — or about 420,000 people — left the city between March 1 and May 1. In the city’s very wealthiest blocks, in neighborhoods like the Upper East Side, the West Village, SoHo and Brooklyn Heights, residential population decreased by 40 percent or more, while the rest of the city saw comparably modest changes.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #8038 on: May 15, 2020, 09:17:32 PM »
A patient battling COVID-19 in Florida admits that he used to believe the pandemic was being blown out of proportion. But, after he and his wife were hospitalized with serious infections, he’s urging people to take coronavirus seriously.

“I don’t want to see anybody go through what I went through,” Brian Lee Hitchens, a ride-share driver in Jupiter, Florida, told WPTV-TV in West Palm Beach in an interview from his hospital bed. “This wasn’t some scare tactic that anybody was using. It wasn’t some made-up thing. This is a real virus that you’ve got to take serious.”

Just last month, Hitchens said he was skeptical about coronavirus and didn’t think the crisis was real.

“I thought it was maybe the government trying something, and it was kind of like they threw it out there to kinda distract us,” he told the TV station.

“I’d get up in the morning and pray and trust in God for his protection, and I’d just leave it at that. There were all these masks and gloves. I thought it looks like a hysteria,” he added.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/florida-man-brian-hitchens-coronavirus-warning-001955197.html

(Image removed from quote.)

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #8039 on: May 15, 2020, 09:43:28 PM »
Ah yes, the rural nothingness of Seoul. What an empty, lonely space.

thatsthejoke.jpg