Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1081728 times)

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
Re: Corona Thread |OT| Warlords of Rona
« Reply #8940 on: June 14, 2020, 03:20:35 PM »
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8941 on: June 14, 2020, 04:17:00 PM »

Goddamn Americans.  Where is Sam Steele when you need him. 

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #8942 on: June 14, 2020, 04:17:42 PM »
So are we gonna get back to 2-3k deaths a day?

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #8943 on: June 14, 2020, 04:48:03 PM »

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #8944 on: June 14, 2020, 05:32:18 PM »
the happy sequel to 28 days later, or just an ad for corona. i'm not sure.

Tripon

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #8946 on: June 14, 2020, 08:00:37 PM »
So are we gonna get back to 2-3k deaths a day?

I'm gonna say no, assuming it would take people resuming status quo behavior to let it incubate like that again, and that we're not going to get close to 100% "normal" soon.

https://www.opentable.com/state-of-industry

Tripon

« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 12:11:50 PM by Tripon »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8948 on: June 15, 2020, 11:39:45 AM »
My supervisor said we might not be able to go back to the office until next year - the issue is we are in a building that is directly attached to the General Hospital and so stuff is pretty strick.  :(  Really don't want 6 more months of this. 

Ontario numbers are looking really good though.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #8949 on: June 15, 2020, 02:31:22 PM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-infectivity/mutation-in-new-coronavirus-increases-chance-of-infection-study-idUSKBN23M1M9

More spikes I guess.

The mutation, named D614G, increased the number of “spikes” on the coronavirus - which is the part that gives it its distinctive shape. Those spikes are what allow the virus to bind to and infect cells.

:(

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1271203807712575489

Wow at "you are kneeling on the knecks of the people".

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8950 on: June 15, 2020, 07:37:54 PM »
we flattened the curve
©@©™

Oblivion

« Reply #8951 on: June 15, 2020, 08:01:14 PM »
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/coronavirus-cases-mumbai-99-per-cent-icu-beds-94-per-cent-ventilators-in-use-as-covid-19-cases-spike-in-mumbai-2245820

fuck, I was really hoping India would weather this when they did so good in the first 2 months.

my cousin and his wife recently got infected. my mom and brother are in their neighborhood :fbm

Tripon

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
(ice)

Tripon

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #8956 on: June 16, 2020, 09:40:13 AM »
Get well and get jacked

:rejoice :rejoice :rejoice
(ice)

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #8957 on: June 16, 2020, 10:53:07 AM »
Florida with a new daily case record: 2,783 cases

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8958 on: June 16, 2020, 11:29:50 AM »
Ontario's and Canada's over all number have started to look really good. 

Tripon

« Reply #8959 on: June 16, 2020, 11:34:09 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/7ea6b41f-6dc1-3674-a4db-27623d9673b4/dallas-cowboys-star-running.html

That's the question Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott asked on Twitter (TWTR) after news broke Monday that he tested positive for COVID-19. HIPAA is an acronym for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, which, by law, is supposed to protect the privacy of patients, among other things. It doesn't apply to Elliott's agent, who confirmed the news to the NFL Network.

lol at football coming back this year.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #8960 on: June 16, 2020, 01:08:42 PM »

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #8961 on: June 16, 2020, 01:47:07 PM »
Arizona 2392 new cases.  ::)

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #8962 on: June 16, 2020, 07:00:51 PM »
Texas +3,823

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8963 on: June 16, 2020, 07:13:32 PM »
America has 75 times more new cases than Canada and 20 times more deaths for a country that is 10 times the pop.  Glad we are keeping the border closed, hope it is permanent. 

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #8964 on: June 16, 2020, 07:27:47 PM »
America has 75 times more new cases than Canada and 20 times more deaths for a country that is 10 times the pop.  Glad we are keeping the border closed, hope it is permanent.
At least until there’s a vaccine.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8965 on: June 16, 2020, 07:32:56 PM »
Don't think there will be a vaccine for Americans. 

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #8967 on: June 16, 2020, 07:41:14 PM »
We’re not gonna let you pretend to be us on the internet anymore if you keep this talk up

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8968 on: June 16, 2020, 07:47:55 PM »
You're not the boss of pretend me.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8969 on: June 16, 2020, 07:50:56 PM »
"Why didn't you follow these vague, toothless guidelines that we kinda laid out when we said Texas was reopening for business?" :brazilcry
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 10:42:43 PM by Joe Molotov »
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8970 on: June 16, 2020, 08:26:13 PM »
dog

Nuitangg

« Reply #8971 on: June 16, 2020, 08:34:23 PM »
Still plenty of hospital beds available though.  :lol

Tripon

« Reply #8972 on: June 16, 2020, 08:38:56 PM »
Abbott blaming bar hopping and then not closing down the bars.  ::)

---

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1273047315121606661
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 08:46:23 PM by Tripon »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #8974 on: June 16, 2020, 10:54:07 PM »
每天生气

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #8976 on: June 16, 2020, 11:56:21 PM »
Oh don't worry, according to Pence, "There Isn't A Coronavirus Second Wave"  ::) ::) ::)

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/vice-president-mike-pence-op-ed-isnt-coronavirus-second-wave/?fbclid=IwAR3LDcDS_QfyIJW3F-bh2US3z9eqHs1ey2ImQvHpR3n8sBAmbbKsppO62WY

In recent days, the media has taken to sounding the alarm bells over a “second wave” of coronavirus infections. Such panic is overblown. Thanks to the leadership of President Trump and the courage and compassion of the American people, our public health system is far stronger than it was four months ago, and we are winning the fight against the invisible enemy.

While talk of an increase in cases dominates cable news coverage, more than half of states are actually seeing cases decline or remain stable. Every state, territory and major metropolitan area, with the exception of three, have positive test rates under 10%. And in the six states that have reached more than 1,000 new cases a day, increased testing has allowed public health officials to identify most of the outbreaks in particular settings—prisons, nursing homes and meatpacking facilities—and contain them.

Lost in the coverage is the fact that today less than 6% of Americans tested each week are found to have the virus. Cases have stabilized over the past two weeks, with the daily average case rate across the U.S. dropping to 20,000—down from 30,000 in April and 25,000 in May. And in the past five days, deaths are down to fewer than 750 a day, a dramatic decline from 2,500 a day a few weeks ago—and a far cry from the 5,000 a day that some were predicting.

The truth is that we’ve made great progress over the past four months, and it’s a testament to the leadership of President Trump. When the president asked me to chair the White House Coronavirus Task Force at the end of February, he directed us to pursue not only a whole-of-government approach but a whole-of-America approach. The president brought together major commercial labs to expand our testing capacity, manufacturers to produce much-needed medical equipment, and major pharmaceutical companies to begin research on new medicines and vaccines. He rallied the American people to embrace social-distancing guidelines. And the progress we’ve made is remarkable.

We’ve expanded testing across the board. At the end of February, between Centers for Disease Control and Prevention labs and state public health facilities, the U.S. had performed only about 8,000 coronavirus tests. As of this week, we are performing roughly 500,000 tests a day, and more than 23 million tests have been performed in total.

We’ve also vastly expanded our supplies of crucial medical equipment. In March, there were genuine fears that hospitals in our hot spots would run out of personal protective equipment like N95 masks, gloves or, even worse, ventilators for patients battling respiratory failure. The Strategic National Stockpile hadn’t been refilled since the H1N1 influenza outbreak in 2009, and it had only 10,000 ventilators on hand.

Since then, we’ve increased the supply of personal protective equipment by the billions. Our administration launched Project Air Bridge—a partnership between the federal government and private companies—that, as of June 12, had conducted more than 200 flights from overseas to deliver more than 143 million N95 masks, 598 million surgical and procedural masks, 20 million eye and face shields, 265 million gowns and coveralls, and 14 billion gloves. In addition, we’ve worked with the private sector to ramp up ventilator production. Today, we have more than 30,000 ventilators in the Strategic National Stockpile, and we’re well on our way to building 100,000 ventilators in 100 days. No American who required a ventilator was ever denied one.

We’ve also made great progress on developing therapeutics and a vaccine. Last month, the pharmaceutical company Gilead Sciences announced it would donate about 940,000 vials of its new drug remdesivir to treat more than 120,000 patients in the U.S. Under Operation Warp Speed, the federal government is already funding research into multiple vaccine candidates, and we are well on our way to having a viable vaccine by the fall.

But our greatest strength is the resilience of the American people. From the outset of this pandemic, the American people have stepped up and made great personal sacrifices to protect the health and safety of our nation. And it’s because of their embrace of social-distancing guidelines that all 50 states have begun to reopen in a safe and responsible manner.

The media has tried to scare the American people every step of the way, and these grim predictions of a second wave are no different. The truth is, whatever the media says, our whole-of-America approach has been a success. We’ve slowed the spread, we’ve cared for the most vulnerable, we’ve saved lives, and we’ve created a solid foundation for whatever challenges we may face in the future. That’s a cause for celebration, not the media’s fear mongering.
^_^

Tripon

« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 12:27:28 AM by Tripon »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #8978 on: June 17, 2020, 01:19:07 AM »
Can’t have a second wave if the first wave hasn’t ended. :rollsafe
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8979 on: June 17, 2020, 08:51:54 AM »
I have decided to start an underground railroad to get you guys out.  I'll buy a shovel this week.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #8981 on: June 17, 2020, 10:14:11 AM »
We’ve expanded testing across the board. At the end of February, between Centers for Disease Control and Prevention labs and state public health facilities, the U.S. had performed only about 8,000 coronavirus tests. As of this week, we are performing roughly 500,000 tests a day, and more than 23 million tests have been performed in total.

so it's taken six months to test 6 % of the population?

Hooray!

Pennywise

« Reply #8982 on: June 17, 2020, 10:46:27 AM »

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #8983 on: June 17, 2020, 10:51:10 AM »
https://www.kgw.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/oregon-coronavirus-union-county-119-cases/283-41aceed6-053d-4942-bb8e-969656837779
Another 119 COVID-19 cases were reported in Union County on Tuesday, a day after the rural Eastern Oregon County reported 99 cases.

The two-day total of 218 new coronavirus cases comes after the county reported just 22 total known cases during the pandemic prior to this week.

Officials with the Center for Human Development (CHD) in La Grande said a number of cases have been associated with Lighthouse United Pentecostal Church

https://www.tmj4.com/news/coronavirus/20-covid-19-cases-connected-to-sheboygan-church-potentially-transmitted-at-birthday-party
SHEBOYGAN COUNTY — Sheboygan County health officials are investigating a COVID-19 outbreak that originated at a local church.

There are at least 23 confirmed cases connected to the church, representing half of all the active cases in the county.

::)
spoiler (click to show/hide)
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
[close]

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #8984 on: June 17, 2020, 10:52:25 AM »

Tripon

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8986 on: June 17, 2020, 10:58:59 AM »
Ontario had another good day.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

« Reply #8988 on: June 17, 2020, 11:33:19 AM »
We had planned a Disney World/Universal trip for the end of August, and my parents and my wife's parents were going to come with and just make it a big family bash for our daughter.

Yeah, I don't think we're ever going back to Florida ever again.
野球

Tripon

« Reply #8989 on: June 17, 2020, 11:53:17 AM »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #8990 on: June 17, 2020, 12:02:23 PM »
https://twitter.com/robferdman/status/1273270300441030656

Better, I guess.

Not really, because they don't mention the number of people who have been tested dating back to march.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8991 on: June 17, 2020, 12:24:00 PM »
People of America, break your quarantine in Florida's themeparks with Trump's "vacation in USA and get 50% off" tax credit :rejoice

(Image removed from quote.)

It's like he's running a social experiment. Is $4000 enough to bribe people into joining a death cult :trumps

spoiler (click to show/hide)
yes
[close]
🤴

Flannel Boy

• Icon

Tripon

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #8994 on: June 17, 2020, 02:09:06 PM »
Has anyone gotten a haircut yet? The lady I get my haircut from says her place has reopened, people are all required to wear masks (as per any indoor place in NYS) and will require a temperature check at the door. Everything has been completely scrubbed and sanitized too. Worth the risk?
^_^

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8995 on: June 17, 2020, 02:11:56 PM »
Nah, 2 more months and I should be able to get it all in a bun.  I have had to learn how to use bobby pins though - those are deceptively tricky bitches. 

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #8996 on: June 17, 2020, 02:15:52 PM »
Y Bobby pins?

And yeah, no, no haircuts, you’re growing it out now, tiesto

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8997 on: June 17, 2020, 02:18:26 PM »
The sides are too short to go up but long enough that they blow in my face when walking the dog (and I don't want to touch my face when I'm out to put the hair back).

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8998 on: June 17, 2020, 02:25:49 PM »
 :kobeyuck

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8999 on: June 17, 2020, 02:29:23 PM »
You know how little girls with medium length hair look like when they pin their hair to their sides?  I look like that.  Still better than a hat.