Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1081751 times)

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:14:09 PM by Tripon »

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
Re: Corona Thread |OT| Please scream inside your heart
« Reply #11401 on: August 07, 2020, 12:21:00 PM »
Just dump your fruit into a bucket of vodka. Let it absorb most of it. Now you have perfectly clean fruit and a good time :playa

If you are feeling adventurous and bold, use isopropyl.

Do not actually do this, isopropyl alcohol specifically contains kerosene to stop people from using it as a beverage.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #11402 on: August 07, 2020, 12:23:13 PM »
yeah but it gets u dummy lit

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #11403 on: August 07, 2020, 12:23:45 PM »
So, you're saying to light it on fire first to burn off the kerosene and then shoot it?

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #11404 on: August 07, 2020, 12:35:17 PM »
Just dump your fruit into a bucket of vodka. Let it absorb most of it. Now you have perfectly clean fruit and a good time :playa

Do not actually do this, isopropyl alcohol specifically contains kerosene to stop people from using it as a beverage.

That's why you gotta take isopropyl shots up the butt.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11405 on: August 07, 2020, 12:35:52 PM »

If you sit in a bath of bleach at exactly 1 PM and open your cheeks towards the sun while singing Billie Jeans in reverse, you will be immune from the virus forever.
🤴

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #11406 on: August 07, 2020, 12:43:22 PM »

While probably the safest method of ingesting kerosene you are probably still risking nervous system complications and renal failure :trumps

Tripon

« Reply #11407 on: August 07, 2020, 12:58:23 PM »
The US government has issued a travel warning for New Zealand over the country's '23 active cases' of COVID-19, despite the fact there are more than 2 million active cases in the US itself, where community transmission is rife.

As the US death toll from the pandemic surpasses 160,000, President Donald Trump is looking to reopen the country and some border restrictions have been eased.

But in a post on his government's travel advice website made on Friday (NZ time), authorities called for increased caution when travelling to Aotearoa.

"As of August 6, 2020, New Zealand has had 1569 confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 within its borders. Currently, there are 23 active cases in New Zealand," the post states.

It doesn't mention that all of the active cases in New Zealand are in managed isolation.
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/travel/2020/08/united-states-government-issues-travel-warning-for-new-zealand-due-to-23-active-cases.html

Somebody make the Trump pointing emote.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #11408 on: August 07, 2020, 01:02:19 PM »
the hair :whoo

theres about 17 different things going on there :lol :lol :lol
(ice)

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #11409 on: August 07, 2020, 01:05:57 PM »

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(20)30228-5/fulltext
Findings
In this follow-up stage, neurological symptoms were presented in 55% COVID-19 patients. . . .
Study findings revealed possible disruption to micro-structural and functional brain integrity in the recovery stages of COVID-19, suggesting the long-term consequences of SARS-CoV-2.
:brain

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

BisMarckie

« Reply #11411 on: August 07, 2020, 01:26:12 PM »
[

While probably the safest method of ingesting kerosene you are probably still risking nervous system complications and renal failure :trumps

I thought you were going to post that isopropyl is a fire hazard. Can’t say I am not disappointed :goty

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #11412 on: August 07, 2020, 01:28:20 PM »
Wulf can be ur angle [sic] 😇... or ur devil 😈

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #11413 on: August 07, 2020, 01:34:26 PM »
[

I thought you were going to post that isopropyl is a fire hazard. Can’t say I am not disappointed :goty

Isopropyl burns off pretty quickly so as far as accelerants go it’s pretty good for quickly spreading fire.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11415 on: August 07, 2020, 02:46:22 PM »

dog

BisMarckie

« Reply #11416 on: August 07, 2020, 02:58:33 PM »
Did some research and apparently isopropyl doesn't contain any other substances at least in Yurop. And it is alcohol tax exempt. :playa

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #11417 on: August 07, 2020, 03:07:29 PM »
:O

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #11418 on: August 07, 2020, 03:08:17 PM »
In America, the government mandated adding toxic chemicals to industrial alcohol in the early 1900’s but it really took off as a result of prohibition in an attempt to curb the supply of moonshine.  It did not work.  I expect these days it’s still done to protect the profits of big alcohol.

BisMarckie

« Reply #11419 on: August 07, 2020, 03:10:15 PM »
In America, the government mandated adding toxic chemicals to industrial alcohol in the early 1900’s but it really took off as a result of prohibition in an attempt to curb the supply of moonshine.  It did not work.  I expect these days it’s still done to protect the profits of big alcohol.

They do it here to ethanol to sell it for cleaning or other non drinking purposes. But AFAIK they only add a bittering agent. Adding toxic chemicals seems cruel and unusual to me.  :doge

BisMarckie

« Reply #11420 on: August 07, 2020, 03:11:58 PM »
Glad we established that james should absolutely use isopropyl to wipe his fruit and have a nice isopropyl tonic after a hard day of work.

james

« Reply #11421 on: August 07, 2020, 03:19:05 PM »
In Brazil gas stations sell alcohol by the liter so your fruits and veggies are always clean

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #11422 on: August 07, 2020, 03:21:28 PM »

They do it here to ethanol to sell it for cleaning or other non drinking purposes. But AFAIK they only add a bittering agent. Adding toxic chemicals seems cruel and unusual to me.  :doge

Cruel and unusual could be the American motto :usacry

BisMarckie

« Reply #11423 on: August 07, 2020, 03:23:42 PM »
[

Who needs a working "renal" anyways?  Never even heard of that even!

God gave us two kidneys to ruin one with questionable life choices.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #11424 on: August 07, 2020, 03:47:45 PM »
[

God gave us two kidneys to ruin one with questionable life choices.

God only gave me one. He clearly didn't trust me with two.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #11425 on: August 07, 2020, 04:32:27 PM »
每天生气

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11426 on: August 07, 2020, 04:42:58 PM »

Renal? I barely knew her! :rodney
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11427 on: August 07, 2020, 05:03:44 PM »
renal failed'em, damn near killed'em :biden

Oblivion

« Reply #11428 on: August 07, 2020, 06:06:57 PM »

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(20)30228-5/fulltext
Findings
In this follow-up stage, neurological symptoms were presented in 55% COVID-19 patients. . . .
Study findings revealed possible disruption to micro-structural and functional brain integrity in the recovery stages of COVID-19, suggesting the long-term consequences of SARS-CoV-2.
:brain

i don't see the problem. now they're even more protected from bill gates' 5G  :dice

Tripon

Tripon

Cauliflower Of Love

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #11432 on: August 08, 2020, 05:04:33 AM »
Wouldn't pretending to be some sort of federal agency like, a crime or something? :lol

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #11433 on: August 08, 2020, 08:32:33 AM »
Mostly for Morma:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1291846646246985728

This shit sucks. When most companies responses are just "IDK :) Be polite and firm. :) Call the police if they won't listen. :)!" I don't blame the workers for being "What. The. Fuck." toward the entire thing.

shosta

« Reply #11434 on: August 08, 2020, 11:38:18 AM »
The huge waterpark in my hometown is still open, the parking lot is packed, and every day all the city does is slap a $500 fine on them (admission is $45) :killme
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #11438 on: August 08, 2020, 04:11:29 PM »
"Someone was being a dick so I decided to see if I could one-up them", a twitter thread.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #11439 on: August 08, 2020, 09:05:30 PM »
I could have guess his name was andy.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #11440 on: August 09, 2020, 10:16:50 AM »
https://nypost.com/2020/08/09/9-test-positive-for-coronavirus-at-georgia-school-that-went-viral-for-crowded-hallway-photo/
Nine people have become infected with coronavirus at the Georgia school where a teen was suspended for recording footage of a crowded hallway in which many students were seen without masks, according to a report.

North Paulding High School in Dallas, Ga., informed parents in a letter Saturday that six students and three faculty members have tested positive for the virus, ABC News reported.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #11441 on: August 09, 2020, 10:24:03 AM »
They got suspended for leaking the truth, huh? Fuck our public schools

Edit: oh they walked it back though, of course ::)

Flannel Boy

• Icon

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #11443 on: August 09, 2020, 10:27:34 AM »
https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1291856487082528769

Ok, but why? Like what a waste of time to even pull this off. The end game is... nothing? because quite literally you are putting on a show and not a real organization.  ???

European immigrant lady, go enjoy a book, some vidya, brazilian wax, tunes from when you were a dancing queen and only 17, tennis. Fuck, anything. Why waste your time like this?

Flannel Boy

• Icon

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #11445 on: August 09, 2020, 11:39:02 AM »
https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1291856487082528769

Ok, but why? Like what a waste of time to even pull this off. The end game is... nothing? because quite literally you are putting on a show and not a real organization.  ???

European immigrant lady, go enjoy a book, some vidya, brazilian wax, tunes from when you were a dancing queen and only 17, tennis. Fuck, anything. Why waste your time like this?

If you listen closely to that lady she's a russian/czech.

Same low level tactics from 2016 to get dumb ideas to fester into stupid people.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #11447 on: August 09, 2020, 02:25:17 PM »
Ontario is finally under 1000 active cases and has been consitently less than 100 new daily cases.  https://covid-19-status.ca/on.html

shosta

« Reply #11448 on: August 09, 2020, 02:41:55 PM »
The huge waterpark in my hometown is still open, the parking lot is packed, and every day all the city does is slap a $500 fine on them (admission is $45) :killme
https://fox40.com/news/local-news/rosevilles-golfland-sunsplash-open-despite-orders-to-shut-down/

Read this story to die instantly

To each his own I guess. If you’re a parent and you want to let your kids come out here and have some fun and you’re not too worried about it, then I guess that’s your choice, you know?” said Roseville resident Jason Penman.
I think we’ll be fine. There’s a lot of chlorine in the water, so I’m feeling pretty good about that,” Mark said.
A city spokesperson said if the fines don’t work, the city could take further action, including a hearing before a city administrative panel, possible additional fines and an order to cease the actions in question.
Ain't no laws when you're, uh, breakin' laws :yeshrug
每天生气

Kara

« Reply #11449 on: August 09, 2020, 02:47:33 PM »
I've driven past that place!

e: Having flashbacks to State of Jefferson guys reading this.

shosta

« Reply #11450 on: August 09, 2020, 02:48:31 PM »
What the hell were you doing north of Sac? :lol
每天生气

Kara

« Reply #11451 on: August 09, 2020, 02:53:16 PM »
I dated someone from Placer County once upon a time. Small world.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #11452 on: August 09, 2020, 03:29:16 PM »
Yesterday I went to my nephew's baptism in a church on the UWS... my first time in NYC since January. It was eerie how quiet and deserted it was. Very few people walking around, a few people eating on outdoor patios. NYS has been in single digit deaths the last few days, and active cases have gone down from 400,000 to 80,000, with ~800 new cases a day and a 1% positive rate for testing. For what was once ground-zero of the epidemic, NYS as a single entity is more in line with non-dysfunctional countries. Though I worry what will happen when schools start reopening...

One thing about being here in NY is I haven't really witnessed any mask fuckery in person, apart from a handful of people here and there who don't cover their nose up with their masks.
^_^

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Bebpo

« Reply #11454 on: August 09, 2020, 05:44:29 PM »

https://twitter.com/brucetempleton/status/1292455472960659457

Well, yeah. I mean if people actually social distance, mask and hand-wash that should eliminate the majority of infectious diseases on the planet from spreading. Which is a good thing for sure and maybe says some things about certain precautions people can take in general to reduce the spread of the flu/colds when things are post-covid.

james

« Reply #11455 on: August 09, 2020, 07:10:56 PM »
My happy island

:brazilcry :brazilcry :brazilcry

james

« Reply #11456 on: August 09, 2020, 07:16:58 PM »
death to america

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #11457 on: August 09, 2020, 07:19:43 PM »
The kokomo.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #11458 on: August 09, 2020, 07:32:05 PM »
I spent 5 minutes trying to modify it to something like 'James oh I want to take ya' but gave up.