Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1081741 times)

Kurt Russell

Re: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?
« Reply #15180 on: January 13, 2022, 07:01:42 PM »
Boomer memes are the best
woke

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #15181 on: January 14, 2022, 06:53:34 AM »
Not yet. The court found that they didn't follow proper procedure the first time. They can still cancel his visa. Now we play will-they-won't-they.
No chance they cancel his visa. That would mean he can't return to Australia for three years. The fault here lies with Tennis Australia. Bunch of fucking old boys club morons
Welp.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said the decision was was a way of protecting the sacrifices Australians had made during the pandemic.
Says it all, really.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15182 on: January 14, 2022, 06:56:58 AM »
Finally we've found the man responsible for COVID  :bolo
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #15183 on: January 14, 2022, 08:28:32 AM »
Nintex is back  :lawd

Finally some intelligent posting in this topic  :rejoice
Margs

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #15184 on: January 14, 2022, 02:26:49 PM »
Not yet. The court found that they didn't follow proper procedure the first time. They can still cancel his visa. Now we play will-they-won't-they.
No chance they cancel his visa. That would mean he can't return to Australia for three years. The fault here lies with Tennis Australia. Bunch of fucking old boys club morons
Welp.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said the decision was was a way of protecting the sacrifices Australians had made during the pandemic.
Says it all, really.

He lied on his visa application about traveling prior to arriving in Australia. He left the Minister no choice really.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15185 on: January 14, 2022, 03:18:58 PM »
Talking about Ministers our new minister of health looks very healthy:

Today a record number of new cases (35k) but there's no longer public support for the lockdown and police aren't enforcing.
So tommorow shops will offiically re-open (although with some limitations like an earlier closing time) and bars, theatres, restaurants etc. will open in 10 days (at least that's what the government wants).
But I think almost everyone will open their doors tommorow or early next week and there's very little our new government installed on monday with a 29% approval rating can do about it.
Mainly because they plan to cut healthcare costs even further.

Meanwhile the former minister of health (now in charge of housing) likes his new job.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

The overall mood in the country seems to be that we couldn't take it anymore and have liberated ourselves.
And we're betting money on which minister will leave his post first, probably the Attorney General who has no law degree or any background in this field but Voldemort is a close second.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #15186 on: January 14, 2022, 04:40:04 PM »

Minister for Housing or Minister for Party Times?
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15187 on: January 14, 2022, 06:32:58 PM »
He made it known that he 'enjoyed' watching the conference today and recently said: "despite the tragedy [...] my time managing the pandemic was a very exciting time and I wouldn't want to have missed for the world."
https://twitter.com/hugodejonge/status/1482054345466208262

Our country is being run by psychopath middle managers who want to do everything efficiently so they do things like order 42k vaccines for 1.3 million children.
I still enjoy following this guy, he thought he had figured out Dutch culture (and even made a book about it) but since COVID started he is mostly in a constant state of panic with his fellow expats.
https://twitter.com/bencoates1/status/1480505884036026372

The lockdown finally made him calm, lifting it will probably make him lose his shit again.  :lol
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #15188 on: January 14, 2022, 07:26:57 PM »
I didn't think there were such things as "Dutch children". Don't you all just hatch directly out of eggs as fully formed humans?
Spud

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #15189 on: January 15, 2022, 12:10:12 AM »
:lol

"fully formed" – Have you spoken with many Dutch people?
I kid. I love the Netherlanders I've met.
[close]

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #15190 on: January 15, 2022, 01:39:44 AM »
So, we're back to square one where it could have been a lab leak, it could have been natural, but we'll never know because the totalitarian government which rules with an iron fist is doing everything it can to obfuscate the origins and obstruct any investigation.
How much does it matter though?

Assume for the sake of argument that it was a lab leak. No one (except Nintex) would seriously suggest punishing China for an accident at an international lab. If the theory is that China leaked it deliberately (to kill off their own people? as part of some 19th dimensional chess?) then they're definitely never going to make that information known and even if they did that's not necessarily good reason to attack China either. Is there another suggested direction of action if it was a lab leak?

It was stupid of the media and social media companies to declare a lab leak "disproven" because China said so but it's not like they can (or should) be punished for it anyway. Trump wasn't muzzled from saying it was a lab leak certainly and it's not like Fauci suppressed evidence. At worst you can suggest that the bureaucracy squelched countertheories which is a well known problem in bureaucracies and isn't necessarily evidence of sinister motives. There was tons of media, and even people on social media despite the bans, speculating anyway and the theory has mainstreamed enough that companies that once declared it proven are running their own articles on the speculation. So I don't see any suggested direction of action there either.

Sure, it'd probably be nice to know because more information is always better. But I would think that preventing lab leaks would be a good idea regardless of whether COVID was one or not.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #15191 on: January 15, 2022, 01:59:48 AM »
It isn't about punishing China. That would only be in the unlikely event it was leaked intentionally.

To me, the origin of the pandemic matters for other reasons:
  • If it was an accidental leak, then businesses and governments can plan for future risk in any research projects if they know biosecurity in China is lacking. China can address the lack of regulation etc.
  • If it was natural, then we can study the source and possibly get ahead of future outbreaks.
Finding the cause of COVID-19 is important in the same way that finding the cause of any disease or catastrophic event that's largely out of our control is important. The same reason it was important for scientists to understand the cause of the Boxing Day tsunami for example
Spud

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #15192 on: January 15, 2022, 04:11:19 AM »
He made it known that he 'enjoyed' watching the conference today and recently said: "despite the tragedy [...] my time managing the pandemic was a very exciting time and I wouldn't want to have missed for the world."

WTF is this TV positioning?  :lol :lol
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #15193 on: January 15, 2022, 06:14:41 AM »
It isn't about punishing China. That would only be in the unlikely event it was leaked intentionally.

• If it was an accidental leak, then businesses and governments can plan for future risk in any research projects if they know biosecurity in China is lacking. China can address the lack of regulation etc.
  • If it was natural, then we can study the source and possibly get ahead of future outbreaks.
Finding the cause of COVID-19 is important in the same way that finding the cause of any disease or catastrophic event that's largely out of our control is important. The same reason it was important for scientists to understand the cause of the Boxing Day tsunami for example
Taiwan and South Korea were prepared when COVID-19 hit and have this shit largely under control, while we in the west have (gesturing at surroundings) this. SARS, MERS, and swine flu have taught plenty of lessons already. We could and should be prepared regardless.

I also still believe a zoonotic origin is most likely, because it's the simplest explanation and because it keeps happening. So the best prophylactic would be if China regulated or even stopped the exploitation of wildlife altogether, but why bother? They are willing and able to control an outbreak and exploiting the environment for all its got is just how we do, all over the world. Muddle through, deal with whatever comes up.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15194 on: January 15, 2022, 06:36:04 AM »

WTF is this TV positioning?  :lol :lol
He spend the afternoon cleaning up his living room or his worker or wife did. Then he perfectly placed all the furniture items to create this scene.
Probably deciding between a selfie with his wife and kids or a more 'casual' watching movies and chillin' vibe.
After he was done positioning the lamps, filling up the bowl of popcorn and lit the candles he sat down but not before cracking open a non-alcoholic beer.

He starts watching the new guy and waits until about 20 minutes into the conference. Making sure not to spill anything as that would ruin his photo.
And just when Ernst is done talking about how college kids killed themselves in record numbers last year he opens Twitter and snaps this picture.

Although most people hated it, I kinda have to respect the trolling :idont
🤴

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #15195 on: January 15, 2022, 01:41:40 PM »

So I've been looking up online for reviews of masks and what the actual efficiency of masks there are. There's that Aaron Collins dude, and this guy, Armbrust. From what I know, Armbrust is a supplier and distributor of surgical, KN95, and N95 masks, and does mask reviews on youtube. But they actually have a machine that will test in factory of their masks and they're been showing results of the various masks you can buy on Amazon, Home Depot, etc.

Nice to know I got scammed (Thanks Bella! by a couple of brands I bought in bulk, but at least I know now.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15196 on: January 16, 2022, 10:14:37 AM »
Novak Djokovic: Tennis star deported after losing Australia visa battle
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-60014059

not the funniest Ozzyman but like that he covered it

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #15197 on: January 16, 2022, 03:15:48 PM »
If you're going to lie on your visa application, don't post the evidence that you're lying on your Instagram. Also, don't lie about having COVID to get an exemption.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #15198 on: January 16, 2022, 11:47:04 PM »

As I said though, it's not necessary to know the details of COVID's initial source to advocate for either of these things. There are practical steps to combat both zoonotic and lab leak sources of viruses that can be undertaken by simply presuming that either could occur without needing to know if COVID was either.

I didn't argue that knowledge of COVID's origins were useless, I said the very opposite. I argued against the theory that this knowledge, especially in the broader public discourse rather than in academic settings, is somehow a necessity or that having either as a definitive answer should change anything.

Reframed, consider the question this way: What would you change about your own actions or your governments response to COVID if it was zoonotic instead of a lab leak? And vice versa?

I brought up punishing China because it's the only reason I see anyone outside of people who study viruses care about a lab leak, they want to use it to punish China (something they already support) by being able to blame them for the deaths.

They are willing and able to control an outbreak
I am not sure one can make this claim. China's continued known actions despite their extreme lengths suggest otherwise.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #15199 on: January 17, 2022, 01:51:04 AM »
I brought up punishing China because it's the only reason I see anyone outside of people who study viruses care about a lab leak, they want to use it to punish China (something they already support) by being able to blame them for the deaths.

I think it potentially goes beyond that, though. There is still a general ignorance of the majority of the shitty things that China are culpable for. Yeah, there's an argument that sanctions should be applied - particularly in light of how they exerted influence over the WHO and covered up the origins for a good few months (I was watching videos on Twitter of Chinese people collapsing from mystery illness in ICU at the end of December '19) - but I don't think that's necessarily the main objective.

More people need to be aware of exactly what constitutes modern China. We need to shine a light on some of the more egregious aspects of the behavior and increase societal awareness of the true price for their rare earth metals,  fancy electronics and drop-shipped plastic crap (most people still don't really make this connection).

So for me at least, determining the source of the outbreak is relevant because it has implications on just how long the Chinese government tried to keep this thing under the radar and in addition, how willing they were to play ball with the international community at large.
woke

benjipwns

« Reply #15200 on: January 17, 2022, 01:58:59 AM »
Well, look, I agree about international organizations but I don't think that if COVID was zoonotic that it wouldn't mean they aren't to be criticized. Related, this tweet is still up after two years:
https://twitter.com/who/status/1217043229427761152

benjipwns

Kurt Russell

« Reply #15202 on: January 17, 2022, 02:04:36 AM »
Well, look, I agree about international organizations but I don't think that if COVID was zoonotic that it wouldn't mean they aren't to be criticized. Related, this tweet is still up after two years:

No, but the point I was trying to make (somewhat badly) is that knowledge of the origin is useful to determine how timely and appropriate the response was - how much notice did they really have? I'd argue that a lab leak would actually give them more time to react and mitigate, as they would have a good understanding of what they leaked, as opposed to a natural evolving virus that would require potentially months of analysis.
woke

Himu

« Reply #15203 on: January 17, 2022, 02:15:31 AM »
My thing is the conspiracy theories from two years ago are true in some capacity. Rather than considering them these takes were shushed up rather than talked about because of racism towards Asian Americans and particularly the Chinese. China absolutely should be punished in some fashion. My problem is when people this out on innocent Chinese-Americans that left that cesspool for better pastures.
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #15204 on: January 17, 2022, 08:32:03 AM »
which conspiracy theories.

Himu

« Reply #15205 on: January 17, 2022, 03:13:47 PM »

"Scientists believed Covid leaked from Wuhan lab - but feared debate could hurt ‘international harmony’"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/01/11/scientists-believed-covid-leaked-wuhan-lab-feared-debate-could/

Yet last year.

"COVID-19 ‘extremely unlikely’ to have come from a lab, experts say"

https://news.un.org/en/story/2021/02/1084252

And this is one example. Vaccine passports were laughed at as a conspiracy. Now we have them. Almost every prominent conspiracy relating to COVID has been proven to be true, has been shushed up and censored, and then back tracked at a later time. It shows a complete mutual interest in how the media protects the state and how the state and various "experts" and organizations do nothing but try to control even when they have no idea what's going on or have an idea but want to pacify us.

Yet they want us to still trust "the experts", or government, or those in power after nearly two years of falsehood and incompetence.

No mas.
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15206 on: January 17, 2022, 03:19:02 PM »
My grandma has it. 

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15207 on: January 17, 2022, 03:39:41 PM »

Yet they want us to still trust "the experts", or government, or those in power after nearly two years of falsehood and incompetence.

No mas.

the fucking audacity!

i made this a spoiler so you have to click on it, shut the fuck up
[close]

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #15208 on: January 17, 2022, 03:46:20 PM »

"Scientists believed Covid leaked from Wuhan lab - but feared debate could hurt ‘international harmony’"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/01/11/scientists-believed-covid-leaked-wuhan-lab-feared-debate-could/

Yet last year.

"COVID-19 ‘extremely unlikely’ to have come from a lab, experts say"

https://news.un.org/en/story/2021/02/1084252

And this is one example. Vaccine passports were laughed at as a conspiracy. Now we have them. Almost every prominent conspiracy relating to COVID has been proven to be true, has been shushed up and censored, and then back tracked at a later time. It shows a complete mutual interest in how the media protects the state and how the state and various "experts" and organizations do nothing but try to control even when they have no idea what's going on or have an idea but want to pacify us.

No mas.

A few times people threw shit at the wall it stuck -> aLl cOnsPirAcyS aRe tRUe :neogaf

Himu

« Reply #15209 on: January 17, 2022, 05:14:36 PM »
I never said all conspiracy theories are true. However, I do think there's a major dent in the reputations of many orgs, groups, and even governments' reputations in how they handled COVID, their censoring of ideas that go against theirs, and trying to pacify populations with false information. It's pretty reasonable to doubt them even more than when the pandemic happened due to their reaction. It's pretty hard to give a fuck what the CDC says now for example.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15210 on: January 17, 2022, 05:16:38 PM »
All conspiracies are false.

Just look at all the WMD's we found in Iraq.
Don't take it from me, listen to the honorable Prince Andrew who just returned from his totally innocent summer vacation on Epstein island.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #15211 on: January 17, 2022, 05:20:53 PM »
Yeah, Lonewolf think he's above it by placing endless trust in the machine. I never claimed we should reject all reason. I never said COVID was released by the Chinese as a bioweapon (how daft, who wants would release a bioweapon on their own population first when they are experiencing unprecedented economic growth?). My entire point is that for two years entire voices have been silenced which, frankly, turned out to be true. Years of social media warnings for "misinformation" but...oop!  Yet we couldn't hear them because they went against some narrative. it makes a great case to further not trust the media and especially the government.
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15212 on: January 17, 2022, 05:24:44 PM »
I never said all conspiracy theories are true. However, I do think there's a major dent in the reputations of many orgs, groups, and even governments' reputations in how they handled COVID, their censoring of ideas that go against theirs, and trying to pacify populations with false information. It's pretty reasonable to doubt them even more than when the pandemic happened due to their reaction. It's pretty hard to give a fuck what the CDC says now for example.

You are fucking mental.

The way the pandemic was treated in the states is not a result of their reaction. It was because of fucking idiots spouting stupid shit and pretending things would just go away.  The CDC, Doctors, pathologists, experts have not changed what they said in 2020. A developing situation is developing.

You just wanted to use CDC emails from 2020 as a way to say that "they knew it escaped" but at the same time claim what they say is bullshit. Make up your mind.

Himu

« Reply #15213 on: January 17, 2022, 05:28:58 PM »
I'm far from mental. I'm quite sane and the sanest I've been in years.

Acting like this is only on Covid denialists is utterly false.

CDC changing their quarantine guideline the other week proves my point. So much of this is about profit but more than that, power. If you come out of this 100% believing in our institutions you're the one who is mental.
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15214 on: January 17, 2022, 05:33:28 PM »
:lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15215 on: January 17, 2022, 05:41:20 PM »
It was the WHO that failed the hardest and continues to fail.

The lockdowns are based on a theory by Xi Jinping himself on population control and there is no evidence that they work to contain a respiratory virus.
The CCP worked tirelessly to promote lockdowns using social media channels that are banned in China. They heavily promoted the images of people dying in the street in Wuhan.
People that deny the sovereignty of Taiwan and who get most of their research funded by China told the world to copy what China was doing. As it was 'very effective'.

https://twitter.com/MichaelPSenger/status/1454928711115894786

Since we've learned a couple of things that were conspiracies but now fact.
- People that are admitted to the hospital for other reasons but are tested positive for COVID later are still counted as COVID patients (or deaths from traffic accidents even).
- Poor ventilation and air circulation caused a lot of COVID deaths. Like the nursery homes in New York and the Netherlands. In fact most governments didn't add a 'ventilate' bullet point to their guidelines until like 3 months ago

For me it is clear that the Pfizer vaccines work to a certain extend for people with weak immune systems. It makes sense that face masks work to a certain extend as they always have for respiratory viruses.

The question is, did the CCP try to get the most out of a situation that was already bad for them (which honestly is the most likely as that is what communist regimes always do) by making sure it would spread after it leaked and making sure the US/EU would also kneecap their economies. Or did they plan the whole thing. The latter seems unlikely but not impossible given the stakes and how deep the WHO is in China's pocket and gain of function research.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 05:55:02 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Kurt Russell

« Reply #15216 on: January 17, 2022, 05:52:05 PM »
The dead eyes of a man who knows he's one Zoom call away from ending up in a Ningxia labor camp.

Has Chronobore debunked this as yet another far-right conspiracy yet? Really struggling to know what to believe rn without his big boomer brain.
woke

Himu

« Reply #15217 on: January 17, 2022, 05:54:53 PM »
Remember this was February of 2020 so in the middle of the Wuhan lockdown when no one could get in or out and they censored the Dr. whistleblower that commented on how serious Covid 19 was.

There's one major flaw in your post Nintex and that's the idea lockdowns are an invention of Xi. Spanish Flu also had lockdowns and Quarantines have been used during pandemics for centuries.
IYKYK

Kurt Russell

« Reply #15218 on: January 17, 2022, 06:00:18 PM »
A fourth dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was insufficient to prevent infection with the omicron variant of Covid-19, according to preliminary data from a trial in Israel released Monday.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-17/israel-trial-suggests-4th-dose-not-warding-off-omicron-infection

It's cool though, they just need a fifth.
woke

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15219 on: January 17, 2022, 06:01:21 PM »
Imagine lining up with nintex

Himu

« Reply #15220 on: January 17, 2022, 06:02:26 PM »
A fourth dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was insufficient to prevent infection with the omicron variant of Covid-19, according to preliminary data from a trial in Israel released Monday.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-17/israel-trial-suggests-4th-dose-not-warding-off-omicron-infection

It's cool though, they just need a fifth.

Can't wait till my eighth!
IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #15221 on: January 17, 2022, 06:08:27 PM »
Lockdowns do work to limit the spread and even eliminate COVID. Australia and New Zealand are living proof that these policies work...well, worked because Omicron is a different kettle of fish entirely in that it is super infectious and not anywhere near as lethal as earlier variants.
Spud

Himu

« Reply #15222 on: January 17, 2022, 06:12:21 PM »
Lockdowns do work. NZ did a good job. Problem is length. At the time we figured or hoped this would be away but we are two years into this. At first, yeah, I'm willing to play ball and be a good citizen. But then after two years of strict rules it can take a mental toll. Lockdowns do have negatives.
IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #15223 on: January 17, 2022, 06:38:50 PM »

Lockdowns do work. NZ did a good job. Problem is length. At the time we figured or hoped this would be away but we are two years into this. At first, yeah, I'm willing to play ball and be a good citizen. But then after two years of strict rules it can take a mental toll. Lockdowns do have negatives.
What strict rules? From the outside looking in, the US, UK and Europe just said, "fuck it" and did next to nothing to limit the spread.

Spud

Himu

« Reply #15224 on: January 17, 2022, 06:42:25 PM »

What strict rules? From the outside looking in, the US, UK and Europe just said, "fuck it" and did next to nothing to limit the spread.

I'm talking of Australia and NZ.
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15225 on: January 17, 2022, 06:58:58 PM »
Himu mad h can't get his dick wet.

Just like every other stupid conservative

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #15226 on: January 17, 2022, 07:03:30 PM »

For the most part of 2020 and 2021, life in Australia and NZ were just normal. No lockdowns, no spread of COVID. My life only changed in minimal ways throughout those two years. When outbreaks occurred, those states locked down and limited spread. When the vaccines arrived, we implemented a national campaign to get vaccinated and we stand at 90%+ of the adult population vaccinated. This is reaping benefits now that we have opened back up.

Your incessant complaining about lockdowns and vaccine mandates is just irritating.

Your personal freedoms are not being impinged by places requiring you to be vaccinated or governments implementing rules to protect their citizens. If you choose not to participate in civilised society, then stay home.
Spud

Himu

« Reply #15227 on: January 17, 2022, 07:11:51 PM »
Himu mad h can't get his dick wet.

Just like every other stupid conservative

WTF are you talking about? I don't plan on having sex again until marriage. Sex is the last thing I want.

For the most part of 2020 and 2021, life in Australia and NZ were just normal. No lockdowns, no spread of COVID. My life only changed in minimal ways throughout those two years. When outbreaks occurred, those states locked down and limited spread. When the vaccines arrived, we implemented a national campaign to get vaccinated and we stand at 90%+ of the adult population vaccinated. This is reaping benefits now that we have opened back up.

Your incessant complaining about lockdowns and vaccine mandates is just irritating.

Your personal freedoms are not being impinged by places requiring you to be vaccinated or governments implementing rules to protect their citizens. If you choose not to participate in civilised society, then stay home.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 07:16:44 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #15228 on: January 17, 2022, 07:35:57 PM »
😂

benjipwns

« Reply #15229 on: January 18, 2022, 10:21:08 AM »
China absolutely should be punished in some fashion.
How?

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #15230 on: January 18, 2022, 05:16:13 PM »
Good news Americans! You can now get reimbursed for covid tests.

Bad news though, I hope you like mail in rebates.
https://mobile.twitter.com/binney_z/status/1483168696654864392

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15231 on: January 18, 2022, 07:35:29 PM »
What's this computer nonsense where are your coupons jack? :biden
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15233 on: January 21, 2022, 09:48:13 AM »
a new CDC study shows that for Delta covid infections, people who survived a previous infection had lower case rates than those who had only been vaccinated (and previous infection + vaccination was best of all, but only by a small amount)

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e1.htm

I understand the temptation to be all "ohhhhh herd immunity gang was right all along  :snob :trumps "

but fuck that obviously as it's been clearly shown the vaccines work, and the recommendation is still to get vaccinated

the dumb thing is that you can't find much/any reporting of this legitimate data outside of far right news sources, because of course that's how everything is now

or instead you get headlines that state the exact opposite thing that the study shows

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/19/health/covid-vaccine-infection-protection-cdc-study/index.html

When the Delta variant dominated, vaccination and prior infection protected against Covid-19, but vaccination was safest, study finds

Uncle

Himu

« Reply #15235 on: January 21, 2022, 03:40:27 PM »
Seems prior infection + vaccine hits the jackpot baby!
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #15236 on: January 21, 2022, 09:18:16 PM »
IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #15238 on: January 22, 2022, 12:00:36 AM »

Fuck off you stupid foreign cunt.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 12:13:10 AM by Potato »
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15239 on: January 22, 2022, 04:13:02 AM »
Got a booster, a headache and a fever

Haven't had a headache in like 20 years
:info
🤴