Author Topic: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.  (Read 2083755 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.
« Reply #8700 on: April 26, 2014, 05:30:07 PM »

ZephyrFate

« Reply #8701 on: April 26, 2014, 10:38:34 PM »
Anyway, ignoring that stupidity, VICE has been nailing its second season. Great news docs despite their horrid online articles of late.

Kshow

« Reply #8702 on: April 26, 2014, 10:44:46 PM »
I can't lie! Billy on the street is my guilty pleasure. That shit makes me LOL! The for a dollar bits are crazyyyy!

I gotta get on that larry david show. After seinfeld. Jus started sea 3.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #8703 on: April 27, 2014, 02:38:26 PM »
This season of Parks was completely  :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz. The finale was good though. It seems like they picked up on the fact that they were treading water and decided to toss things up for next season.
zzzzz

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #8704 on: April 28, 2014, 04:47:26 AM »
Craig. Craig. Craig. Craygg. Craig. Craig. Craig.

Tasty

« Reply #8705 on: April 28, 2014, 11:53:41 AM »
Craig. Craig. Craig. Craygg. Craig. Craig. Craig.

"You fucked me Dan! You fucked me with your face!"

"You mean this face?"

MeatingMeyer.com :lol :lol

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #8706 on: April 28, 2014, 12:13:45 PM »
Fuck the haters, y'all should watch Bored To Death

How could ya not like bored to death! lol  Got ted danson, Zach Galifianakis, and Jason Schwartzman. I enjoyed it while it was on tv.

Forgot how to do the spoiler.. Any help would be awesome! Thanks

Hi KShow, if nobody's addressed this or you still don't know, it's easy to do.

You can click the [SP] button on the post page, or wrap your content in these two codes

Code: [Select]
[spoiler]TEXT[/spoiler]
fat

Kshow

« Reply #8707 on: April 28, 2014, 01:01:28 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Uhhhhh, Thank you very much!!!!
[close]

Fifstar

« Reply #8708 on: April 28, 2014, 03:19:05 PM »
Nobody is watching new Mad Men episodes?
Gulp

etiolate

« Reply #8709 on: April 28, 2014, 03:28:22 PM »
I am watching them, but I just don't post about every bit of TV I see. Betty Draper is still a hilariously terrible mom.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #8710 on: April 28, 2014, 04:47:39 PM »
Was farm girl hitting on her?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8711 on: April 28, 2014, 09:15:58 PM »
Scrubs  :heartbeat :heartbeat :heartbeat

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #8712 on: April 28, 2014, 09:50:37 PM »

Pretty good although it feels like the Daily Show with cursing but without as many skits. Real nice interview at the end.

I kind of feel like it should have a panel or something too, instead of being Oliver talking for 25 minutes+5 minute interview.

Kshow

« Reply #8713 on: April 28, 2014, 11:17:51 PM »

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #8714 on: April 28, 2014, 11:26:23 PM »

Pretty good although it feels like the Daily Show with cursing but without as many skits. Real nice interview at the end.

I kind of feel like it should have a panel or something too, instead of being Oliver talking for 25 minutes+5 minute interview.
Yeah as an avid Daily Show watcher I can't say that I liked this better, even though I loved Oliver's run as host of the show. The pace is really slow and I was actually surprised to see after leaving full-screen that the show was only 30 minutes. It felt much longer. Also dunno about a news show that only airs weekly, they're gonna be late to a lot of shit but as you said hopefully they add a little more to break up the lethargy and bring original content instead of stealing Stewart's gig of taking potshots at news networks in tandem with jump cuts.
SRY

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #8715 on: April 28, 2014, 11:49:32 PM »
Silicon Valley :bow2
Veep :bow2
HBO Sunday :bow2
zzzzz

benjipwns

« Reply #8716 on: April 29, 2014, 12:51:06 AM »
I was literally starting to get creeped out by Clovis the longer they were there.

You have to say Smarch!
[close]

ZephyrFate

« Reply #8717 on: April 29, 2014, 03:48:55 AM »
I'm kind of... post-tax

benjipwns

« Reply #8718 on: April 29, 2014, 04:03:54 AM »
I would love to have a dialogue about that.

I'm bookmarking this chat.

People want to work with us more than they want to be paid. That's a given.
[close]

Oblivion

« Reply #8719 on: April 29, 2014, 04:16:29 AM »
I've finally started watching Arrow (10 episodes in), and it really is one of the most enjoyable shows I've seen in a good while. It's really odd though, cause the show doesn't do anything particularly spectacular, and it has tropes and such from other shows that I would find cliche and ham fisted, but for some reason Arrow works really well.

Some random thoughts:

- The lead dude has a killer body. That's what I'm striving for.
- Don't like the bodyguard dude. His character is fine, just don't like the actor.
- The blonde IT chick is adorable. :heartbeat

Fifstar

« Reply #8720 on: April 29, 2014, 05:02:44 AM »
Nobody is watching new Mad Men episodes?

I literally posted about it a few post above yours.

Saw your posts, just was a bit surprised that not more people were posting, we had a semi active thread for last season.

Sally and Don were  :heart in the second episode.
Gulp

ZephyrFate

« Reply #8721 on: April 29, 2014, 06:12:14 AM »
there's some nice character moments so far in S7 of Mad Men but the wheel spinning is reaching its apex with regards to the plot. I just don't see where Weiner is going with this final season and the pace either needs to quicken considerably or some twists need to start happening right now. Otherwise I just don't see how he's gonna satisfactorily wrap up all these character arcs.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #8722 on: April 29, 2014, 11:16:56 AM »
Almost every season so far has meandered through the first half, I think it's part why the show works. The characters are allowed to breath without being forced into dumb soap-opera twists every other episode.

If you expected the show to race out of the gate and gallop toward some grand conclusion you were probably setting yourself up for disappointment.
___

Kshow

« Reply #8723 on: April 29, 2014, 11:27:45 AM »
I think Imma stay away from mad men. Jus not my vibe..

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #8724 on: April 29, 2014, 11:58:05 AM »
Jonah with money... That's like if Hitler could fly.
zzzzz

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8725 on: April 29, 2014, 12:29:35 PM »

etiolate

« Reply #8726 on: April 29, 2014, 05:51:23 PM »
I imagine the shirtless Oliver reel is twice as long.

ZephyrFate

« Reply #8727 on: April 30, 2014, 12:04:14 AM »
Almost every season so far has meandered through the first half, I think it's part why the show works. The characters are allowed to breath without being forced into dumb soap-opera twists every other episode.

If you expected the show to race out of the gate and gallop toward some grand conclusion you were probably setting yourself up for disappointment.
I'm not expecting any of that. I'm just expecting a final season that has a sense of direction from the get-go, instead of table-setting which is what it's doing at the moment.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #8728 on: April 30, 2014, 12:08:57 AM »
Really good episode of Silicon Valley this week, TJ Miller got me with the turtleneck wrestling :lol
sup

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #8729 on: April 30, 2014, 12:33:08 AM »

I'm not expecting any of that. I'm just expecting a final season that has a sense of direction from the get-go, instead of table-setting which is what it's doing at the moment.

It feels like it's heading in a direction to me. Draper's career and marriage are in shambles, he can't hide anything about who he is anymore but now he wants to make his actual identity work. Meanwhile the rest of the firm is fighting with each other and it looks like it's going to get very nasty very quickly.

It would get tiring if they went straight from the end of last season to another crisis.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #8730 on: April 30, 2014, 12:49:31 AM »
First episode of MÉTAL HURLANT was free on iTunes. 30 minute show, 20 minutes of speed-ramped fighting, 8 minutes of scenery chewing, and 2 minutes of choreographed punchline. This was an adaptation of a classic Corben piece, "King's Crown." I should have just found PDFs of the original stories and enjoyed them. This was just... ugh.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #8731 on: April 30, 2014, 01:24:20 AM »
First episode of MÉTAL HURLANT was free on iTunes. 30 minute show, 20 minutes of speed-ramped fighting, 8 minutes of scenery chewing, and 2 minutes of choreographed punchline. This was an adaptation of a classic Corben piece, "King's Crown." I should have just found PDFs of the original stories and enjoyed them. This was just... ugh.

I was wondering what the hell that show was, ads for it kept popping up in Warehouse 13. It looked like Sucker Punch: The TV Show
WDW

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #8732 on: April 30, 2014, 01:44:38 AM »

I was wondering what the hell that show was, ads for it kept popping up in Warehouse 13. It looked like Sucker Punch: The TV Show

Nowhere near that level of quality, sadly. And I didn't even like Suckerpunch. And you misspelled "pooping."

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #8733 on: April 30, 2014, 01:49:23 AM »
I just found out Almost Human wasn't picked up for a second season. A shame, it was a pretty neat bit of world building.
WDW

etiolate

« Reply #8734 on: April 30, 2014, 02:41:44 AM »
Yeah that sucks. It had some chemistry and potential for more world building. 

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #8735 on: April 30, 2014, 04:32:16 AM »
Dammit. Almost Human was a good show! I liked both the lead actors, and was looking forward to more adventures in that world. Was it expensive or something? It just seems weird that Continuum can go on endlessly, apparently, but this gets dropped. :maf

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8736 on: April 30, 2014, 10:30:12 AM »
Agents of Shield isn't up on torrents yet :(  Just when it is getting good too.

Speaking of which I really can't wait for the 4 netflix marvel series.  They just confirmed that they are in the MCU.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8737 on: April 30, 2014, 10:36:42 AM »
Speaking of SHIELD, I just watched "The End of the Beginning" last night. Dis gonna be gud.
©@©™

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #8738 on: April 30, 2014, 11:31:32 AM »
So Agents of Shield has found it's footing? I fell off after the first few episodes
___

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8739 on: April 30, 2014, 12:04:39 PM »
It was basically treading water so that they could do a cross over event with CA2.  Since then it has been good (if you like the MCU)

Tasty

« Reply #8740 on: April 30, 2014, 12:36:07 PM »
So Agents of Shield has found it's footing? I fell off after the first few episodes

I'd say so. So much shit went down in last night's episode it felt like three episodes.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8741 on: April 30, 2014, 12:47:09 PM »
"Stark privatizing global security"  Ultron bitches.

cool breeze

« Reply #8742 on: April 30, 2014, 01:14:52 PM »

sort of.  the last three or four mostly had a focus from the captain america 2 stuff and were alright.  my main issue is that I don't like any of the characters.  the male stock nerd scientist is terrible.  but at least stuff is happening.   

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #8743 on: April 30, 2014, 06:46:11 PM »
Fargo continues to be stupendous. I now have a crush on Allison Tolman.
SRY

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #8744 on: April 30, 2014, 09:08:57 PM »
Yep. Really good stuff.
zzzzz

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8745 on: April 30, 2014, 10:32:53 PM »
Arrow shit ya.  It's getting intense.

I really feel like it is going to turn out that Malcom saved Olivers mom, possibly with maricuru
[close]

cool breeze

« Reply #8746 on: May 01, 2014, 02:43:46 PM »
Arrow seems like it's treating the season finale like a (TV) movie split into three parts.  Episode was a ton of build up with a jarring ending.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #8747 on: May 01, 2014, 03:56:15 PM »
ya the flash backs are getting annoying.  Next season better be Russian mob or league of assassins for the flash backs.

cool breeze

« Reply #8748 on: May 01, 2014, 04:29:58 PM »
in an earlier episode of Arrow this season Oliver said
that he wasn't always on the Island.  I didn't get if he meant "off the island" as in he was on the amazo boat, or he left left and was brought back.  5 seasons of island flashbacks will get boring even with a rotating crew.  at least if they keep Sara around she could get her own flashbacks with the league of assassins.

either way, year 5 of the island he's there alone and grows a nasty beard.
[close]

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #8749 on: May 01, 2014, 09:09:11 PM »
finally going thru the last season of lost, four years after the fact. somehow never managed to have it spoiled. i mean, i heard it was bad and all, but never any specifics. still didnt prepare me for how much it sucks. the plot was always aimless, but the conflict in this season came out of nowhere, which is especially sad since there were ten million other events that were foreshadowed. they ruined one of my favorite characters and killed off most of the others, except for the shitty ones of course. now theres a fucking origin story episode that seriously has two twins, one with blonde hair dressed in white and on with brown hair dressed in black. this shit is unbelievable :lol
pcp

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #8750 on: May 02, 2014, 01:20:23 AM »
They made up the show as they went along. It has a pretty convenient and disappointing ending where everything has to get twisted around to work.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #8751 on: May 02, 2014, 02:23:09 AM »
Started watching Cosmos. I like it. Especially once I found out it actually airs in prime-time. (After Family Guy)  :mindblown

I know MacFarlane is the producer on it but all I can imagine is a nation of TV's turning off the moment the ending credits for Family Guy are rolling. 

It's not without its flaws. I don't like the animated bits. I don't like how they represent the past in sort of an exact conversation dramatization that people had hundreds of years ago complete with modern slang in some cases. And its a bit simple. But for a mainstream network audience I think those "flaws" are probably things that attracts a more mainstream audience compared to science nerds.

I think its the kind of thing we should have more of on television. I know that sounds naive on my part and I know we have plenty of cable networks that ostensibly deal with "science" and "nature" and "history" (even though we know most of them are filled with complete horseshit the majority of the time) but I feel like part of the problem is that science has been pushed into this nerd ghetto that normal people would never consider watching. I think this is probably about as close as you could make something science wise in this day and age but that is still targeted towards a mainstream audience and uses entertainment to push the science message.

There was a scientist they were discussing and Tyson mentioned how more people probably know serial killers than this scientist. I mean its sort of a cheap shot but at that moment I felt a sad sort of embarrased existential anguish as I immediately remembered me looking up serial killers on wikipedia on a lazy Sunday afternoon. It sort of shamed into wanting to pay more attention to the science that exists around us that I largely ignore to consume purely escapist entertainment. That's a good thing so I give the show credit just for that alone.

You can watch full episodes here.

http://www.cosmosontv.com/watch/236611651828
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 02:35:47 AM by Stoney Mason »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #8752 on: May 02, 2014, 02:56:30 AM »
finally going thru the last season of lost, four years after the fact. somehow never managed to have it spoiled. i mean, i heard it was bad and all, but never any specifics. still didnt prepare me for how much it sucks. the plot was always aimless, but the conflict in this season came out of nowhere, which is especially sad since there were ten million other events that were foreshadowed. they ruined one of my favorite characters and killed off most of the others, except for the shitty ones of course. now theres a fucking origin story episode that seriously has two twins, one with blonde hair dressed in white and on with brown hair dressed in black. this shit is unbelievable :lol
For Lost and BSG I just end up remembering the stuff I like and try to excise the stuff I didn't like from my mind. The two shows always go together for me in that regard. I use to be really pissed about both but such time has passed that now I honestly barely remember the last seasons of either. Someday I'll rewatch both (I've already watched BSG all the way through at least a few times) to relive the good and bad.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #8753 on: May 02, 2014, 03:00:31 AM »
Non-Denominational Heaven
AMC

Stoney Mason

« Reply #8754 on: May 02, 2014, 03:04:23 AM »
I mean its great if something ends in a great way but for me its not a killer blow or anything if it doesn't. The first two season of BSG are some of the finest sci-fi tv entertainment ever. Even some of the highly flawed last seasons have some individually great episodes in them. For me I just take the pleasure I got versus the idealized potential pleasure I could have gotten.

Lost is more problematic as I think that show was all over the place from the beginning to the end. But even still there were some great episodes and great characters from the experience for me.

I ain't mad. I'm glad I watched both things and got a lot of entertainment from them. Most things are flawed. Such is the way of things.

It's very rare that I follow something to the end and consider it a non-worthwhile experience overall. If I hang around to the end there was usually something compelling to me even if it was flawed and if I drop it there was usually something not compelling for me.

Like I dropped Prison Break before the end. Maybe someday I will go back but I know in my heart there was a reason I dropped it. Same with Heroes.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 03:23:33 AM by Stoney Mason »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #8755 on: May 02, 2014, 01:17:17 PM »
I remember the last season of Lost having a couple great episodes, like the origin ep for Richard, that made me think the season would deliver. But ultimately the finale felt empty despite a couple great character moments, and the ending was stupid. The biggest offense was how they ruined the best character on the show, Locke.

S1, S2, half of S3, and S4 are still great in my book. I like shit that has multiple characters I really enjoy and Lost really did a great job at it. Locke, Sawyer, Sayid etc. And I get weird nostalgia feels whenever I see an episode or hear the music. But yea...the show shat the bed in the end.

Tasty

« Reply #8756 on: May 02, 2014, 01:55:44 PM »
Loved s1 and s5. Some of my favorite seasons of TV ever.

The rest is kinda :larry to :ufup. s6 was such a letdown.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #8757 on: May 02, 2014, 04:55:40 PM »
JJ Abrams in general  :holeup
vin

Himu

« Reply #8758 on: May 02, 2014, 04:58:01 PM »
I loved season 1 and 2 of Lost.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #8759 on: May 02, 2014, 05:21:10 PM »
Was Alias any good?