Author Topic: Official Thread of Flogging the Log: A Place for Better Random Talk  (Read 555678 times)

Mupepe

• Icon
Re: Official Thread of Flogging the Log: A Place for Better Random Talk
« Reply #3540 on: February 15, 2010, 05:03:55 PM »
Drama too.  so many of them love drama.  If you look like you're a rock that they can rely on to make them feel better and never hurt them or cause them pain, then you probably won't get anywhere.  bitches love drama.  Of course, this is not indicative of every woman.  But probably the majority especially in the early 20's age range.  It doesn't matter.  You should fucking avoid them.  You don't want a relationship with them.  No no no.  So all the advice you see on GAF and on here about being cocky and funny and being somewhat an asshole and playing mindgames.  Ignore that shit.  Ignore it, ignore it, ignore it, ignore it.  You don't want a woman like that.  It's easier being alone than being in a bad relationship.  Play it honestly and as yourself and find a woman who likes you for that*

*As long as you're not one of these creepy anti social weirdos who just says all the wrong things and doesn't clean himself.  In that case, fix yourself and then be yourself.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3541 on: February 15, 2010, 05:05:01 PM »
Just go gay :cookiem

Anyway, what Kosma said is pretty good.  You need to know how to play the game.  If you don't want to, prepare to spend many a night with your right hand.  Also, saying you don't play games is in itself, a game.
🍆🍆

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #3542 on: February 15, 2010, 05:06:06 PM »
Drama too.  so many of them love drama.  If you look like you're a rock that they can rely on to make them feel better and never hurt them or cause them pain, then you probably won't get anywhere.  bitches love drama.  Of course, this is not indicative of every woman.  But probably the majority especially in the early 20's age range.  It doesn't matter.  You should fucking avoid them.  You don't want a relationship with them.  No no no.  So all the advice you see on GAF and on here about being cocky and funny and being somewhat an asshole and playing mindgames.  Ignore that shit.  Ignore it, ignore it, ignore it, ignore it.  You don't want a woman like that.  It's easier being alone than being in a bad relationship.  Play it honestly and as yourself and find a woman who likes you for that*

*As long as you're not one of these creepy anti social weirdos who just says all the wrong things and doesn't clean himself.  In that case, fix yourself and then be yourself.

:bow

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #3543 on: February 15, 2010, 05:06:34 PM »
it's backwards!  I know!  The girls that say they're not looking for games and want to be serious are the ones who want you to play games and not be serious*!

Rules of thumb:  When a guy says he's not into "playing games" with women he is at that very moment playing games.

Girls who say, without prompting, that they hate drama instigate a shitload of drama.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3544 on: February 15, 2010, 05:08:04 PM »
it's backwards!  I know!  The girls that say they're not looking for games and want to be serious are the ones who want you to play games and not be serious*!

Rules of thumb:  When a guy says he's not into "playing games" with women he is at that very moment playing games.

Ha! Beat you by a minute.
🍆🍆

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #3545 on: February 15, 2010, 05:09:14 PM »
Damn Valentine's Day, girl-age invading this thread. :(
AMC

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3546 on: February 15, 2010, 05:09:22 PM »

Girls who say, without prompting, that they hate drama instigate a shitload of drama.
Yup.  The guy who "doesn't play games" is usually playing the sensitive passive agressive weirdo who reads her emails.  

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #3547 on: February 15, 2010, 05:09:44 PM »
I always tell women I'm into "playing games".

Video games, that is. :smug
PSP

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3548 on: February 15, 2010, 05:10:19 PM »
 :lol

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3549 on: February 15, 2010, 05:12:55 PM »
Also: "I don't like to give head" means that she's typically pretty good at it.  "I love to give head" usually means a mediocre performance.
🍆🍆

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3550 on: February 15, 2010, 05:14:02 PM »
"I love sucking dick.  I just can't give it to you very often because it's like a treat for you" 

:'(  I'm not a dog!

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #3551 on: February 15, 2010, 05:15:18 PM »
I think "I don't like to give head" is usually honest, though "I love to give head" generally translates as "I'm somewhat desperate".

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3552 on: February 15, 2010, 05:16:48 PM »
"I don't like playing games" can also sound like "I'm really insecure and want you to tell me you like me" which is a turn off, especially if you just met.

Yeah.  It reminds of the type of people who have to list out their accomplishments and qualities on the first date like it's a job interview.  I hate those people "PLEASE PICK ME I'M DEPENDABLE AND I WON'T HURT YOU BECAUSE I CAN'T RISK LOSING YOU"

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #3553 on: February 15, 2010, 05:18:17 PM »
I think "I don't like to give head" is usually honest, though "I love to give head" generally translates as "I'm somewhat desperate".

Yeah, that sounds like a used car salesman. "But what if I throw in the stereo upgrade for free?"

... Real advice: women are not strange, exotic animals - they're human beings. Just talk to them like a normal person. One size-fits-all Internet advice rarely works for someone with limited experience and little confidence. So don't listen to anyone here.
PSP

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3554 on: February 15, 2010, 05:18:22 PM »
Early on?  Yeah.  After a relationship has started though?  Not so much.  I've met quite a few women who liked to give head at the beginning of a relationship to win you over and then when you're dating the line chart for headgiving nosedives.  And I've met quite a few women who really like to hold it over you like it's a scooby snack.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #3555 on: February 15, 2010, 05:20:59 PM »
Sounds like you have a thing for emotionally manipulative women!
PSP

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3556 on: February 15, 2010, 05:22:14 PM »

Yeah, that sounds like a used car salesman. "But what if I throw in the stereo upgrade for free?"

... Real advice: women are not strange, exotic animals - they're human beings. Just talk to them like a normal person. One size-fits-all Internet advice rarely works for someone with limited experience and little confidence. So don't listen to anyone here.

I agree but I hope that Green Man doesn't fall into the Virgin-Age trap.

Those stories are supposed to be funny but they're pretty sad in reality.  At the end of the day, you have anonymous dudes laughing at your story online but you wake up to realize you're a 25 year old virgin and your only option is a love pillow and the latest harem anime.
🍆🍆

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3557 on: February 15, 2010, 05:23:49 PM »
Sounds like you have a thing for emotionally manipulative women!
I did for a while!  It took a while to see a pattern!

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #3558 on: February 15, 2010, 05:28:06 PM »
Those stories are supposed to be funny but they're pretty sad in reality.  At the end of the day, you have anonymous dudes laughing at your story online but you wake up to realize you're a 25 year old virgin and your only option is a love pillow and the latest harem anime.

Eh, there is always hope. If the dude who looks like the punchline for Andy Milonakis and Jonah Hill on "If They Mated" (i.e. me) can have a relatively healthy social life, then it's possible for pretty much anyone.
PSP

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #3559 on: February 15, 2010, 05:28:46 PM »
Early on?  Yeah.  After a relationship has started though?  Not so much.  I've met quite a few women who liked to give head at the beginning of a relationship to win you over and then when you're dating the line chart for headgiving nosedives.  And I've met quite a few women who really like to hold it over you like it's a scooby snack.

Goes without saying.

Generally, if someone's really obviously changing their behavior to snag a partner, you can count on that person 1) dropping all the effort once the relationship's locked in, and 2) having enough underlying issues behind their original insecurity that there are gonna be further problems.

"She's treating me great right now because she isn't sure she's got my approval and affection yet" isn't a stable basis for romance, but in the honeymoon phase it's hard for a lot of people to see it like that.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #3560 on: February 15, 2010, 05:30:17 PM »
Mandark has obviously never heard of the D.E.N.N.I.S. system. Works every time. :smug
PSP

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #3561 on: February 15, 2010, 05:33:10 PM »
Willco:  Ha!  I was gonna point out how you can game the system by keeping the other person in a constant state of emotional insecurity, but I assume nobody on EB has the combination of masochistic tendencies and work ethic to pull that off.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #3562 on: February 15, 2010, 05:35:29 PM »
I actually knew a guy that was capable of running such a racket, and it was soul crushing to watch. Like a cat playing with his dinner before the kill.
PSP

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3563 on: February 15, 2010, 05:36:50 PM »

Goes without saying.

Generally, if someone's really obviously changing their behavior to snag a partner, you can count on that person 1) dropping all the effort once the relationship's locked in, and 2) having enough underlying issues behind their original insecurity that there are gonna be further problems.

"She's treating me great right now because she isn't sure she's got my approval and affection yet" isn't a stable basis for romance, but in the honeymoon phase it's hard for a lot of people to see it like that.
Very true.  Most people are just so swept up with the relationship they can't differentiate between real affection and desperate over achieving.  

After a while though, all these things start to become clearer.  It just takes a little experience.  

Learning how to spot manipulative and insecure people isn't easy in a relationship and it just takes a bit of experience and usually some heartache.  And it's usually not something that can be taught.

Hell, a lot of the problems you're going to have in your first few relationships is really figuring out what you want.  We can sit here and talk about these nutty insecure people all day, but everyone has their issues in relationships.  The only difference is the length that some people will go to get what they want in a relationship.  Some people are malicious and some aren't.  Some people grow out of the bullshit and some don't.

It's a mine field!  Have fun!

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
« Reply #3564 on: February 15, 2010, 05:37:55 PM »
this is the best thread on this forum
zzz

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3565 on: February 15, 2010, 05:40:18 PM »
Just be yourself. I'm most nervous when I plan on acting in a way I wouldn't normally act. I've been talking to a chick who works at the school library for the last few weeks; sometimes I start the convo, sometimes she does. But regardless of how it's started I just talk/act like I'd normally act, and it works. I don't know if she likes me - she laughs at my jokes n stuff, and smiles at me - but I'm not really concerned.

just do it

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #3566 on: February 15, 2010, 05:40:59 PM »
Actually, here's some more advice: don't talk advice from anyone here, especially Phoenix Dark.
PSP

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #3567 on: February 15, 2010, 05:41:18 PM »
AMC

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3568 on: February 15, 2010, 05:42:22 PM »

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #3569 on: February 15, 2010, 07:48:55 PM »
Reading the last few posts made me realize: I'm totally fine being a virgin throughout my 20s. Fuck college-age women. Stupid bitches.
SRY

Barry Egan

« Reply #3570 on: February 15, 2010, 07:51:32 PM »
They're dealing with their own set of emotional hang-ups just like you are meng.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #3571 on: February 15, 2010, 07:52:28 PM »
Reading the last few posts made me realize: I'm totally fine being a virgin throughout my 20s. Fuck college-age women. Stupid bitches.

Then it'll be your 30s and you'll be ok with that
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #3572 on: February 15, 2010, 07:56:17 PM »

don't be this guy
college women are and will always remain hot  ;)

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #3573 on: February 15, 2010, 08:01:21 PM »

Then it'll be your 30s and you'll be ok with that

I'm just being bitter.

I don't really care ever. It isn't about losing my virginity (although no one here is going to believe that), and I'm not anti-social, I don't hate women and I'm not really in control when it comes to who I ultimately fall in love with. But I'm not going to "play the game". I ain't the one for that kinda shit.
SRY

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3574 on: February 15, 2010, 08:12:48 PM »
Good for you Raban. It's something I don't even think about much anymore. It'll happen when it happens, and I'll probably be disappointed - I'm sure the lucky girl will be disappointed too.

cool breeze

« Reply #3575 on: February 15, 2010, 08:14:44 PM »
If you have such a low libido and don't care to get into a relationship, then whatever.

Bacchus7

« Reply #3576 on: February 15, 2010, 08:17:59 PM »
Agree with swaggaz. I'm fine with you guys putting down the dating culture, but please don't put down college-age women.
DTF

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #3577 on: February 15, 2010, 08:28:45 PM »
don't be this guy
college women are and will always remain hot  ;)
well only asian women don't age past puberty.

Green Shinobi

« Reply #3578 on: February 15, 2010, 09:09:13 PM »
Mandark has obviously never heard of the D.E.N.N.I.S. system. Works every time. :smug

What is this system?

Learning how to spot manipulative and insecure people isn't easy in a relationship and it just takes a bit of experience and usually some heartache.  And it's usually not something that can be taught.

Hell, a lot of the problems you're going to have in your first few relationships is really figuring out what you want.  We can sit here and talk about these nutty insecure people all day, but everyone has their issues in relationships.  The only difference is the length that some people will go to get what they want in a relationship.  Some people are malicious and some aren't.  Some people grow out of the bullshit and some don't.

It's a mine field!  Have fun!

I read this post and thought about it in the context of why I got dumped last time around, and was just like FUUUUUUUU
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 09:12:52 PM by Green Shinobi »

Robo

« Reply #3579 on: February 15, 2010, 09:11:31 PM »
obo

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #3580 on: February 15, 2010, 09:12:24 PM »
PSP

Green Shinobi

« Reply #3581 on: February 15, 2010, 09:13:37 PM »
Interesting. You said you had a friend who could use this system in a soul-crushing manner. What kind of shit did he do?

Robo

« Reply #3582 on: February 15, 2010, 09:14:40 PM »
I can never get past the "demostrate value" stage, personally.
obo

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #3583 on: February 15, 2010, 09:16:05 PM »
He'd take a nice girl and make her emotionally and sometimes financially dependent on him, then make her a neurotic mess just so she would make a big, elaborate deal about how much she needed him. I saw it happen twice, both times the women were almost completely insane when he cut ties with them after he thought he could get more attention from someone else.
PSP

Green Shinobi

« Reply #3584 on: February 15, 2010, 09:16:30 PM »
Shouldn't the first N be "Nurture Dependence"?

It seems a bit weird switching verb tenses like that.

Also, what did he do to make them into neurotic messes? I need to take notes.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #3585 on: February 15, 2010, 09:17:26 PM »
Don't criticize the system.

... I'm sure you'd favor the M.A.C. system, though.
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #3586 on: February 15, 2010, 09:22:02 PM »

He'd go out and not come back for days (with no calls or communication). He made one girlfriend jealous of a co-worker, and then would tell his girlfriend he was staying late at work all the time just to make her neurotic about an affair (only to make her feel guilty once he proved that he was not having an affair). He usually promised to take care of something financially and then threaten to back out when it was most inopportune for the lady in question, because she didn't "express her feelings" enough. So on.

He was an emotionally manipulative person. It's why I don't hang out with this person anymore.
PSP

Green Shinobi

« Reply #3587 on: February 15, 2010, 09:23:43 PM »
Given my taste in movies, I'd probably think your friend was a swell guy.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #3588 on: February 15, 2010, 09:24:34 PM »
Jesus Christ.
AMC

Powerslave

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #3590 on: February 15, 2010, 09:28:36 PM »
Is it just me or is the DENNIS system going completely over Green Shinobi's head?
SRY

Green Shinobi

« Reply #3591 on: February 15, 2010, 09:29:57 PM »
In all seriousness, I knew a guy like that in college, and he was a royal douche. No one really liked him. The other thing about him was that he was a theatre major, and the guy never stopped acting. Throughout his daily existence, at all times, he was constantly playing a role. It was the same with girls he was trying to fuck or friends he had known for years. I've never met anyone like that guy.

Himu

« Reply #3592 on: February 15, 2010, 09:42:29 PM »
Blacks are the most religious ethnicity in the US, true. But if you're a non-religious person in a religious area, of course you'll stick out, regardless of the race of the person and the area. So I disagree there.

You don't feel there's a pressure to be religious in the black community?
IYKYK

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #3593 on: February 15, 2010, 09:45:12 PM »
He'd go out and not come back for days (with no calls or communication). He made one girlfriend jealous of a co-worker, and then would tell his girlfriend he was staying late at work all the time just to make her neurotic about an affair (only to make her feel guilty once he proved that he was not having an affair). He usually promised to take care of something financially and then threaten to back out when it was most inopportune for the lady in question, because she didn't "express her feelings" enough. So on.
He was an emotionally manipulative person. It's why I don't hang out with this person anymore.
wow he was a complete sociopath.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3594 on: February 15, 2010, 09:45:27 PM »
Blacks are the most religious ethnicity in the US, true. But if you're a non-religious person in a religious area, of course you'll stick out, regardless of the race of the person and the area. So I disagree there.

Yes, but only among the religious segments of the community. If I told my grandparents I wasn't religious they'd not only be disappointed, but worry themselves crazy. Some of my parents friends have similar views on religion and would have a completely different opinion of me if I told them I wasn't religious; they'd certainly stop parading their daughters around me.

But that's just a subset of black people I know.

Himu

« Reply #3595 on: February 15, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »
I don't go to church unless I have to. That being said, I have bible class at my parents house almost every sunday. Mainly because I don't feel like starting a fight. It's odd because my parents are having trouble with my two youngest brothers, and they seem to think bible class is going to help. They just seem completely out of touch. But at the same time my brothers are complete assholes and rather ungrateful. I was an ass when I was younger, but I realized there were certain things I had to do to get by, whether it was doing my chores or not starting a fight over church. They won't even do those small things consistently, and everytime I go to my parents house I witness multiple arguments or petty verbal sniping that would have resulted in my death if I tried that shit 10 years ago. Truly pisses me off, especially considering my mom isn't healthy and them constantly teaming up on her is indefensible.

meh, we should take this to the log thread  :violin

Have your parents read the whole Bible? What's interesting about Bible Study is that they don't really seem to authentically study the Bible. It's more like they study certain Books.

I only go to church when my mothers asks me to. I don't do communion, I sing sometimes because I like the songs (even if they're beyond morbid, with an extreme emphasis on death which probably hails from slavery), and when they pray I either stand up and don't say a thing and look at everyone else, or I just remain seated.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #3596 on: February 15, 2010, 09:53:35 PM »

Yes, but only among the religious segments of the community. If I told my grandparents I wasn't religious they'd not only be disappointed, but worry themselves crazy. Some of my parents friends have similar views on religion and would have a completely different opinion of me if I told them I wasn't religious; they'd certainly stop parading their daughters around me.

But that's just a subset of black people I know.

I think my father is really open. He rarely goes to church these days but he's still a devout Christian. My late grandmother was a Buddhist. What's interesting about the black community is how religiously diverse it is. It's not just Christianity and Islam, it's those two, Buddhism, and even stuff like voodoo.
IYKYK

Powerslave

« Reply #3597 on: February 15, 2010, 09:55:29 PM »
goddamn im fucking HUNGRY

Barry Egan

« Reply #3598 on: February 15, 2010, 09:57:11 PM »
me too  :'(

Powerslave

« Reply #3599 on: February 15, 2010, 09:57:51 PM »
lets eat each other out :heart