Author Topic: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011  (Read 1425807 times)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011
« Reply #1080 on: April 11, 2017, 11:27:54 AM »
Correction: By "find yourself single for a substantial period of time while you're in your 30s" I was excluding serial daters from my cohort as I consider it a conscious lifestyle choice that exists separate and counter to the prevailing mores of seeking a long-term partner you're deply intimate with ( :yuck ) to build a durable domestic bliss. If you're in the cohort and you're single for 6 months at 37 or 2 years at 33, I don't distinguish: something went wrong somewhere.

On the plus side, everyone is looking to start Life 2.0 in their 40s, so unless you're like me and have arbitrary deal breakers like "won't marry someone who was married" things will Get Better™ and you age out of this purgatory.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1081 on: April 11, 2017, 11:29:54 AM »
My deal-breaker is "wants to be with me".

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1082 on: April 11, 2017, 12:34:19 PM »

I wouldn't want to be part of any club that would have me

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1083 on: April 11, 2017, 12:55:37 PM »
So another quick update on myself.

The gym is going ok. I try to go at night because well one I don't like to be around tons of people and two,I'm still trying to find my jive and get over gym imitation. People are cool and well I don't know as I've grown up(this may be raciest, sorry) I find myself far more comfortable around other minorities. I just find blacks, asians, and Latinos to be far more chill and thats what makes up most of the gym I go to. No, overly bro type white dudes. I'm still a scrawny dude, but some muscle definition is taking hold, or rather I think it is when I flex really hard. It feels good. It feels nice to just work out for 2 or 3 hours listening to some music(The Persona 5 battle theme and Nier Ost get me pumped) or a podcast alone. It's relaxing and I guess I've opened myself up to something new. You guys were right. Who knows if I've found a new hobby, but so far I don't dislike it.

As for the girl thing. Well the girl from before...Well again I don't think anything will happen. We're just friends, but maybe if I keep playing it chill and cool something will develop. Yes, I know the key is to not plan on it.

Well anyway, I was at work and she sends me a snapchat of what she's drinking right now. I reply and we get into a conversation about mothers and families. She tells me she's at the bar with her mom and family. She asks what am I doing, which I say I'm at work and then later I remind her I'm getting off work. Which she then tells me I should come out. She'll teach me to dance and it will be fun. Well I'm like, you can't turn that down and I need to develop my social links. So of course I go. I meet some members of her family and I talk to her. At first she sits across from me but then moves to the seat right next to me as we continued talking. It was a solid night and honestly probably one of the few nights I've been the most in the zone chill and socially wise.

So I don't know. I'm just going to continue playing it cool, but I think this is all very positive.
Great to hear. What type of exercises do you do at the gym?
Well like I said in the Fitness thread I'm a real real novice, so I've just been constantly rotating between all the equipment and weights.

It was recommended that I get a personal trainer and maybe I will, but I guess right now I'm just feeling around the gym.

Hopefully, though the things I've said in the previous post sound good and I sound more sane.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1084 on: April 11, 2017, 01:49:01 PM »
You sound quite sane. I used to be angry all the time for my own reasons but working out and reading helped me find my chill.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1085 on: April 11, 2017, 09:57:32 PM »
Karakand is 100% right.

I'm 32 and have embraced being a deviant instead of getting married.  If I was fat and slovenly I'd probably just play the vidya all the time.  Marriage and long term relationships just aren't for me and it would be smart for a woman who aspires to get married and have children to avoid me at all costs.
🍆🍆

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1086 on: April 12, 2017, 05:33:00 AM »
Speaking of things...

https://www.ted.com/talks/hannah_fry_the_mathematics_of_love/transcript?language=en

Interesting talk, but I don't know if I totally buy that.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1087 on: April 12, 2017, 07:44:22 AM »
Speaking of things...

https://www.ted.com/talks/hannah_fry_the_mathematics_of_love/transcript?language=en

Interesting talk, but I don't know if I totally buy that.
Oh, Hanna Fry! Watch the video, because her voice is :heartbeat

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1088 on: April 12, 2017, 01:11:29 PM »
Karakand is 100% right.

I'm 32 and have embraced being a deviant instead of getting married.  If I was fat and slovenly I'd probably just play the vidya all the time.  Marriage and long term relationships just aren't for me and it would be smart for a woman who aspires to get married and have children to avoid me at all costs.
So I was talking with a friend who got recently divorced. She's a bit of the cheerleader type and so is always going after the bad-boys/frat boys and all that. Her prior husband was very much in this ilk and my friend was telling me about how she really wants a relationship like the one my wife and I have and that all her prior relationships where just a mess. Then she goes off and starts hooking up with guys that are obviously not wanting to get into a long term relationship and then comes crying to my wife and I when it all falls apart. I told her that if she wants relationship unlike any she's had so far, then she should be prepared to approach things differently than she has in the past. But it just bounces off and she goes off and does the same thing again. I don't know why some people can't get it through there heads that some people just don't want long term relationships.
que

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1089 on: April 12, 2017, 01:46:18 PM »

That may or may not be arbitrary though. :hitler

As for repeating the same pattern, you can change; one of many reasons why I ended up single in my 30s is because I was infamously phobic of commitment in my early 20s (which was not what I was when I ended up single in my 30s), but the series of events required for that to happen isn't something you should expect to accomplish from the outset, especially if you lack any self-awareness.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1090 on: April 12, 2017, 07:12:04 PM »

That may or may not be arbitrary though. :hitler
It shall remain a mystery.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1091 on: April 16, 2017, 06:35:58 AM »
Well you can throw all your progress down the drain. The real Rahxephon91 is back!

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #1092 on: April 16, 2017, 08:37:35 AM »
I just typed up a long winded response but I'll keep things short instead:

Keep on improving upon yourself and become so good no one worthwhile can ignore you.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #1093 on: April 16, 2017, 12:39:22 PM »
Ruzbeh... any updates? :hitler

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #1094 on: April 16, 2017, 09:38:51 PM »
If he had updates, he'd be updating us.
MMA

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1095 on: April 17, 2017, 12:15:19 PM »
Well you can throw all your progress down the drain. The real Rahxephon91 is back!
Eh, remember how many times Pallo went back and forth? Until he sealed the deal I think everyone here gave him a 50+% chance he'd revert back and do something dumb. He just kept trying. You'll always go back and forth.
que

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1096 on: April 17, 2017, 01:06:35 PM »
"Progress is not a straight line" -- nudemacuser

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1097 on: April 17, 2017, 01:15:37 PM »
Yes I guess, I'm just having a complete unsatisfed late 20 something breakdown.

I feel like I need to just declare my 20s are a wash and hopefully spend the next three years building toward something. Steer clear of relationships and other things. It's kind of why the Air Force thing has poped up again. Im wasting my life and I need some sort of focus.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #1098 on: April 17, 2017, 01:16:56 PM »
What are you majoring in at school just out of curiosity?

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1099 on: April 17, 2017, 01:57:23 PM »
Creative Writing if you can believe it, which in the end seems so pointless.

I have 94 credits out of 120

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #1100 on: April 17, 2017, 02:05:12 PM »

Are you familiar with "content strategy"? Writers/content strategists are needed all the time at web design and marketing agencies.

Sure you'll be writing about how "amazing" a lawyer or dentist practice is but hey, it's a decent living if you manage to get hired at an agency. 👌

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1101 on: April 17, 2017, 02:06:42 PM »
No. :brazilcry

Oh wait, there was one guy who was like 1/4th black though....:doge

I'm still laughing at this.  Like at the orgy, where you just met this dude, did he introduce himself as 1/4 black, or did ask?  Did you say 'that's a mighty big cock you got there fella', and he retorted 'I get it from my mother's father'.  Did one of the women scream 'o my mandingo' in ecstasy, and you, confused, make inquiries only to find out he's 1/4 black? 

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1102 on: April 17, 2017, 02:09:12 PM »
LOL. Nothing so awesome as that. We were talking during the before cage match event and he mentioned he was from Haiti originally (I had asked him where he got the ridiculously french name). We discussed that at length and how his grandpa was african and his mom was french then his parents were both white. Knowing PD would ask, I kept careful tabs.
que

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1103 on: April 17, 2017, 02:11:20 PM »
O right.  In my imagination, no one socializes at an orgy.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1104 on: April 17, 2017, 03:19:44 PM »
Dpeneds? I don't think all orgies start with a planned orgy meetup. Sometimes things just escalate.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1105 on: April 17, 2017, 04:20:23 PM »
I'm not down for an orgy or cuck shit. If you want me to fuck your wife sure I guess but you can't be in the room bro.  :doge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1106 on: April 17, 2017, 04:25:19 PM »
Dpeneds? I don't think all orgies start with a planned orgy meetup. Sometimes things just escalate.
Man, we gotta hang out more.
"So we were just sitting there, when suddenly, there was an orgy"
que

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1107 on: April 17, 2017, 04:56:10 PM »

read pd's post then this comment and thought it was for him lol

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1108 on: April 17, 2017, 06:39:51 PM »
Went on a date to a local arboretum with the cute brunette I went out with a week ago, it was our second date. She's pretty cool, a bit spacey, but seems like she wants to hang out some more in the future. She's moving to a new place (a bit further from me, but more direct route), so not sure when I'm gonna see her again.

Talking to some chubby girl with huge boobs who likes Kingdom Hearts and Mario Kart. She's a graphic designer. Hmm, chubby, huge boobs, graphic designer... sounds like my ex, hopefully she won't be as annoying :P Gonna see if she wants to hang out.

Went out with another chubby brunette too on Easter Sunday. She was down the road from my house for an easter egg hunt with her family, and wanted to meet up before it, so we went to the local Starbucks. She lived in Japan for a year so we were talking about that. Only thing that feels a tad weird is she's divorced. Though no kids... so it's probably not a big deal but I hope there's no baggage. She wants to get together again too.

And at work... well most of the Japanese people there are salarymen, though there are quite a few PAWGs around (just not in my department). Haven't really made friends here yet, it's a bit tough since my department is entirely foreign (Japanese/Indian/Chinese), and a majority of them are extremely new in the country. Plus it's been pretty busy in my department so no time for socializing. (I have been keeping the fact that I am a total weeb hidden from my Japanese coworkers for now too).
^_^

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #1109 on: April 17, 2017, 07:19:59 PM »
My "ex" is posting all sorts of "boo-hoo, woe is me. I can't find a nice guy to be my boyfriend." memes on FB recently. I should probably unfollow her feed but this is fascinating to me as well.   :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Be Facebook friends with a girl you slept with a handful of times, brehs. :doge
[close]

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1110 on: April 17, 2017, 07:31:03 PM »
You should hit her up and she if she will eat your ass.  You may be surprised at the response.

Also don't take those FB updates very seriously.
🍆🍆

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1111 on: April 17, 2017, 07:46:03 PM »
Getting rimmed is a better fantasy than reality. 

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #1112 on: April 17, 2017, 08:03:26 PM »
butt stuff  :donot

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1113 on: April 17, 2017, 08:15:15 PM »
oh my sweet summer child.
que

thisismyusername

« Reply #1114 on: April 17, 2017, 09:33:29 PM »

I pity the straight men that do not anal play on themselves.

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
QED

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1116 on: April 17, 2017, 11:36:09 PM »
Being with someone who has possible BPD is very, very, very hard. Especially when you're the type of person who has to really try hard to put strong emotions into your words

When I'm petty, I try to be eloquent.

I pity the straight men that do not anal play on themselves.

Today I feel mature and sophisticated enough that I can dismiss any teenage tomfoolery and admit that such an act is indeed quite overly regarded by the gay community. You can still shoot ten feet with a moment of concentration and a clench of the buttocks.

Kara

« Reply #1117 on: April 18, 2017, 12:38:18 AM »
Today I feel mature and sophisticated enough that I can dismiss any teenage tomfoolery and admit that such an act is indeed quite overly regarded by the gay community.

Newsfeed pls.

thisismyusername

« Reply #1118 on: April 18, 2017, 12:59:54 AM »
Today I feel mature and sophisticated enough that I can dismiss any teenage tomfoolery and admit that such an act is indeed quite overly regarded by the gay community. You can still shoot ten feet with a moment of concentration and a clench of the buttocks.

:confused Less Legalize, please.

My point is more that straight men are "but I poop from there!" and then jam their dicks into their woman's asses as if jamming a finger in theirs is so off-limits. Gurls, your ass has a prostate, her's doesn't. You get a benefit from it more than her. Be adventurous, damn it.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1119 on: April 18, 2017, 02:04:38 AM »

Are you familiar with "content strategy"? Writers/content strategists are needed all the time at web design and marketing agencies.

Sure you'll be writing about how "amazing" a lawyer or dentist practice is but hey, it's a decent living if you manage to get hired at an agency. 👌
Yeah I'm aware of stuff like that. We have classes all about how to make money off this stuff.

I don't know I'm just at an extreme crossroads in my life. I guess the next step is to seek mental help, because while I feel very lame to admit it, I am desperate for love and pretty depressed.

My Mexican friend really just sees me as a friend and that really hurts. I really need to find other things to do.

Thank god Persona 5 is out right?

My mother was also thinking about getting me a matchmaker which I think is kind of embarssing.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 02:38:53 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1120 on: April 18, 2017, 03:46:22 AM »
Was close to a 3M2F thing once during a small friends-only party, but the other girl backed out and went home, and I'm not about that triple penetration life. It was a shame though, because one of the guys were really fucking hot and I wanted him to fuck my brains out. :gloomy

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1121 on: April 18, 2017, 10:42:49 AM »
Was close to a 3M2F thing once during a small friends-only party, but the other girl backed out and went home, and I'm not about that triple penetration life. It was a shame though, because one of the guys were really fucking hot and I wanted him to fuck my brains out. :gloomy

Was he black?

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1122 on: April 18, 2017, 01:28:59 PM »
Maybe I'm missing the reference as to why you're asking, but for the sake of actually answering, nope. ???

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1123 on: April 18, 2017, 01:31:30 PM »
Maybe I'm missing the reference as to why you're asking, but for the sake of actually answering, nope. ???

PD is the foremost connoisseur of BBC on the The Bore.
©@©™

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1124 on: April 18, 2017, 02:01:15 PM »
How would one even go from Asian to BBC without dying of internal bleeding?

Asking for a friend.

thisismyusername

« Reply #1125 on: April 18, 2017, 07:41:41 PM »
How would one even go from Asian to BBC without dying of internal bleeding?

Asking for a friend.

There's various dildos, breh. :doge

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1126 on: April 18, 2017, 09:57:08 PM »
butt, aren't you from South Africa?
🍆🍆

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #1127 on: April 18, 2017, 10:16:25 PM »

What's something a five year old would say and find funny?
rub

Kara

« Reply #1128 on: April 19, 2017, 12:20:56 AM »
Just to show how odd couple my current relationship is, my girlfriend (born 198X), just tonight learned what May Day was.

(Yes my dancing around the subject was entertaining.)

thisismyusername

« Reply #1129 on: April 19, 2017, 01:04:56 AM »
Just to show how odd couple my current relationship is, my girlfriend (born 198X),

So, what... that makes you 1950's? :doge ;)

Kara

« Reply #1130 on: April 19, 2017, 01:16:16 AM »
Please, I'm Fin de Siècle as fuck.

bluemax

« Reply #1131 on: April 19, 2017, 02:01:54 AM »
Strangely enough the experience I'm having is a lot different than a year-ish ago.  I think once you're "35" instead of "34", you enter a whole new age range and expectations change for what people are looking for.

I said it awhile back, but if you find yourself single for a substantial period of time while you're in your 30s something went wrong along the way* and the only people left in the dating pool also had a similar life trajectory. This is both agony and ecstasy, but it takes awhile before you can just laugh about the agonies.

As for a matchmaker, unless it was within a religious community (and even then, not all of those are created equal), I wouldn't take a win, place, or show bet, especially in O.C. There's a cottage industry of hucksters here.

*Which doesn't mean you did something wrong per se, you could have trusted other people or suffered a personal tragedy.

If you are single in your 30s and live in Los Angeles it means you have issues or are still holding out hopes about your failed career in entertainment. Or both I guess.
NO

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1132 on: April 19, 2017, 03:01:45 AM »
Nop, you must be mixing me with Momo, I'm from Europe and live in Asia.

thisismyusername

« Reply #1133 on: April 19, 2017, 11:00:56 AM »
If you are single in your 30s and live in Los Angeles it means you have issues or are still holding out hopes about your failed career in entertainment. Or both I guess.

BRB, going to write the anti-La La Land about being 30 and living in Los Angeles.

bluemax

« Reply #1134 on: April 20, 2017, 12:28:26 AM »
I'm sure it has been written at hundreds of Starbucks across LA already.

Today I saw a cute girl who mentioned she was into the "Soulsborne" games, not something I'd expect to see on a dating profile. Alas she's like a decade younger.
NO

thisismyusername

« Reply #1135 on: April 21, 2017, 02:40:12 PM »
Every single gay man's status right here:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have to be knowing the wrong gay men. The ones I want don't ever do that, but the ones that do are uggos. :doge
[close]

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1136 on: April 21, 2017, 09:58:41 PM »
I went on a date to one of my favorite Japanese restaurants - the couple that run it are from Tokyo and the chef was a sushi chef there for 20+ years before moving stateside. She talks with the couple in fluent Japanese, very impressive! Short, chubby white girl. She offered to help teach me a bit more Japanese (some of my coworkers said they will help teach me more too!), wonder if I can get her over to translate some of these oldskool weeb RPGs :uguu
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #1137 on: April 22, 2017, 03:32:17 AM »
Nice! Yeah, considering your hobbies/interests, have you considered taking any online courses/books for learning more of the language? Definitely won't compare to teacher SOs though :P

thisismyusername

« Reply #1138 on: April 22, 2017, 12:14:18 PM »
I went on a date to one of my favorite Japanese restaurants -

PM me the place. Depending on where it is (IIRC you're in the L.I.E. area?) and the price, I may try it out myself when I'm up there in the summer for a few weeks.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1139 on: April 22, 2017, 12:29:48 PM »
I'm sure it has been written at hundreds of Starbucks across LA already.

Today I saw a cute girl who mentioned she was into the "Soulsborne" games, not something I'd expect to see on a dating profile. Alas she's like a decade younger.
You're 10ish years older? Tsk, does that really matter to you when she passes a certain age? Lots of girls are into/more into men who are older than they are. You never know!