Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1868351 times)

bdoughty

Anonymous CNN Source Says Harry Reid's Anonymous Romney Tax Source Is a Good Source

The quality journalism that has CNN at it's lowest ratings since 1991.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:49:27 PM by bdoughty »

bdoughty

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:42:50 PM by bdoughty »

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Yeah, it's too bad we can't do anything about it.  I guess we'll just have to keep waiting for the magic of the free market to do it's job, because those principled republicans have decided that government isn't fit to act to goose hiring.
yar

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
163k jobs. 8.3 due to increase in participation rate. Not bad

Jobs have increased during the fall and winter over the last few years, so this might carry through the election. We'll see.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Chik-Fil-A has had more than a dozen lawsuits against it over employment discrimination.  Not just gay people, but a woman who was allegedly fired after getting pregnant so she'd have more time to be a good mom.  So, their views definitely filter down into the day to day operation of the chain.

Wait they actually said that was the reason? You have to be really stupid to actually admit you're firing a pregnant woman for being pregnant.

In 2008, John Edwards' camp was ready to expose his affair if he managed to get close to the nomination. I'd imagine Romney has payed 13-15% in taxes over the last couple decades. That's bad, but not nearly as bad as not paying any taxes at all.

If he was really paying 13% or higher than there would be no reason at all not to release his past tax returns. There has to be something in there that's worse than what he has shown in the 2010 return.

My guess is that he always paid some taxes but that 13.9% is on the high end.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Seems odd that not paying taxes for 10 years wouldn't have been brought up during his Massachusetts governor run.  Sounds like bullshit.

I think the situation here is that he probably used every loophole possible to pay as little taxes as possible.  So while he probably didn't do anything illegal, the rate would be so low as to cause embarrassment.  I think Romney is wise in not releasing it because to a dude in Florida who makes $35,000 a year but owes a grand or two in taxes (but would be a millionaire if it weren't for the damned libs), he will see Romney paying an effective tax rate of 4% in 2001 and say "fuck it" come Election Day.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:02:34 PM by The Experiment »
🍆🍆

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
I think the theory he got amnesty for his offshore tax evasion in 09 is quite possible
___

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
bent

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/05/13130110-several-people-reported-shot-at-sikh-temple-in-wisconsin

At least four people were reported shot Sunday morning at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wis., according to local media.  Witnesses told NBC station WTMJ of Milwaukee that someone opened fire inside the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin, 7512 South Howell Ave., south of Milwaukee, along Lake Michigan.  Shooting victims were seen covered on the ground outside the temple. The temple's president was among those shot, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported.

Two victims were treated at Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee.  Oak Creek police, the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department and other law enforcement agencies have responded, the Journal-Sentinel reported.  Authorities closed roads and set up a staging area near the temple, WTMJ reported.

A witness told officers the shooter was a white male, with a heavy build, bald head and wearing a sleeveless T-shirt, Oak Creek Patch reported.
🍆🍆

Himu

smh
IYKYK

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
Things are very ORANGE
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 04:43:29 PM by recursivelyenumerable »
QED

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
smh

Looks like Wisconsin is a state where there isn't a death penalty.  As fucked up as this event is, I hope that they won't try to reinstate it there.  Scott Walker and the Wisconsin GOP, fresh off of their triumph over the Democrats, might feel empowered to push something through.

🍆🍆

bdoughty

Terrible news in Wisconsin. 6 dead and one sorry POS that was taken down by a cop that was injured in the process.

Phoenix Dark

bdoughty

What exactly is the point PD?  Let the facts work themselves out, allow people to mourn, then you can start playing "the killer was from your party, suck on that."  Also why is this in the politics thread to begin with?  Some of you guys are just slobbering at the mouths to find things to help the Obama campaign.

6 people died, remember that. Deserved it's own thread and not spun into politics faster than the names of the deceased are released.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 08:35:42 PM by bdoughty »

Himu

what in the fuck are you talking about

NO ONE brought up the guy's party and NO ONE brought up Obama.

PD posted a twitter image that describes the perp. That's it.
IYKYK

bdoughty

Common courtesy toward the deceased.

Phoenix Dark

Really don't know what you're talking about. I didn't post this story in the politics thread, first off. Second, what does a description of the alleged perpetrator have to do with Obama or political parties?

bdoughty

NO ONE brought up the guy's party and NO ONE brought up Obama.

PD posted a twitter image that describes the perp. That's it.

The original link in this thread gave that information, minus the 9/11 tattoo (could be updated with that now).  It was posted for a reason, an obvious one. Kudos for playing Liberal Defense Force.

bdoughty

Really don't know what you're talking about. I didn't post this story in the politics thread, first off. Second, what does a description of the alleged perpetrator have to do with Obama or political parties?

What does the description of the alleged perpetrator have to do with anything. Guy was shot dead last I checked. No ongoing manhunt, so the reason for posting the description is?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 08:49:40 PM by bdoughty »

Himu

why do conservatives tend to be conspiracy theorists?   :lol
IYKYK

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
:drudge outrage machine powering up. :drudge
Tonya

Himu

What does the description of the alleged perpetrator have to do with anything.

Well, like, everything. I mean, the guy shot up a Sikh temple. Sikhs tend to be peaceful. Hence, the description of the shooter, because why the hell would anyone want to shoot up a Sikh temple? It's relevant because it leads to a possible motive. 

This is like kindergarten critical thinking here.

Did you neglect to watch Scooby Doo when you were young?
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

What does the description of the alleged perpetrator have to do with anything. Guy was shot dead last I checked. No ongoing manhunt, so the reason for posting the description is?

Uh because when an attack happens, people want to know who did it and why? Again, I'm at a loss with respect to your reaction to this. If you see this as me cheering for this to turn out to be some right wing zealot, you're wrong.

I'm moving to the new thread btw

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
The perpetrator having a 9/11 tattoo says almost nothing about modern popular conservatism, but bdoughtys reaction might.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
nah, i'd say they both do
pcp

bdoughty

Well, like, everything. I mean, the guy shot up a Sikh temple. Sikhs tend to be peaceful. Hence, the description of the shooter, because why the hell would anyone want to shoot up a Sikh temple? It's relevant because it leads to a possible motive. 

This is like kindergarten critical thinking here.

Did you neglect to watch Scooby Doo when you were young?

No it is Kindergarten thinking that the discretion of this person is somehow going to be some major clue as to a possible motive.  I mean just look at all the 6 foot bald white guys out there shooting up Sikh temples.  Thankfully you are no criminologist.

I still get nightmares from the Scooby Doo when they are attacked by the Ice Cream Ghosts. Have not been able to eat Neapolitan Ice Cream since.

Himu

In Kindergarten, I was taught that GREEN LIGHT MEANS GO, RED LIGHT MEANS STOP. I'm pretty sure I also learned from my daily Scooby Doo watchings that IF SOMEONE MURDERS SOMEONE FIND OUT ALL INFORMATION.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
The perpetrator having a 9/11 tattoo says almost nothing about modern popular conservatism, but bdoughtys reaction might.

Show me in the Constitution where it says Hawaii is a real state.
©@©™

bdoughty

In Kindergarten, I was taught that GREEN LIGHT MEANS GO, RED LIGHT MEANS STOP. I'm pretty sure I also learned from my daily Scooby Doo watchings that IF SOMEONE MURDERS SOMEONE FIND OUT ALL INFORMATION.

Yes, all the information. Repeat that a few hundred times and you might actually see where I am going with this.

Himu

The man had a 9/11 tattoo. SURELY that has nothing to do with or possibly COULDN'T have anything to do with shooting up a Sikh Temple! Those Indians look mighty similar to middle eastern folk!

You're acting like this is a case of news reporting a black man wearing a black hoodie; such a general description that could only be used to incite race wars.

Are you daft? God I love that word. Whisper it to me. Daft. Ohhhhhhh yes! DAFT. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

The minute it became clear this was a non-Indian shooter, suspicion arose that it could be another case of Sikhs because mistaken as Muslims and violently attacked - something that has been happening since 911. This has nothing to do with politics, just hate.

Oblivion

But did the guy smoke marijuana?

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
why do conservatives tend to be conspiracy theorists?   :lol

Conservatism and being a conspiracy nut are both a result of the same thing: a defect in the part of the brain that recognises cognitive dissonance.
bent

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
waterboard bdouchey

Mandark

• Icon
I like the flow of this conversation!

THE EXPERIMENT:  Someone shot up a Sikh temple in Wisconsin.

BDUFFY:  How terrible, let's talk about it in this thread.

MICHELLE "PHOENIX" DARK:  Looks like the shooter was a white person with a 9/11 tattoo...

BDUFFY: Whoawhoawhoawhoawhooooooooaaaa there buddy!  Let's give the victims some time to grieve before posting about it in this thread!

On the topic itself, usual caveats apply.  Crazy people do crazy things and it's usually unfair to hold others responsible for their behavior.  It is, however, yet another data point against the Michelle Malkin "hey, we all know what the killers look like, nudge nudge wink wink" argument in favor of profiling.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
since he opened the door, can we talk about how rightwing media and their "shari'a law is comin' to YOUR neighborhood" panic propaganda is ginnin' up dem paranoid schizophrenic types right and left
duc

Mandark

• Icon
God, the sharia thing is dumb and infuriating.  We're more than a decade on from 9/11 with Muslim law no more part of the legal code than it was before, but that just proves that they're being EVEN MORE SNEAKY than we imagined!

Stupid, unfounded beliefs are annoying, but stupid, unfounded beliefs that scapegoat people (especially folks already getting the short end of the stick, like religious minorities, immigrants, and the poor) are inexcusable.

Himu

since he opened the door, can we talk about how rightwing media and their "shari'a law is comin' to YOUR neighborhood" panic propaganda is ginnin' up dem paranoid schizophrenic types right and left

IYKYK

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I remember back to my college days in a Poli Sci class I took 5-6 years ago where a guy from Homeland Security gave a presentation and mentioned that far right white reactionaries posed a bigger terrorist threat to America than any Muslin.  Since that was in the Bush era and pre-recession, I can only imagine how much worse it has gotten since.
🍆🍆

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa

lets please not act like this bs is targeted toward both right and left mr broder
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
oh wait i just got that
pcp

Phoenix Dark

I remember back to my college days in a Poli Sci class I took 5-6 years ago where a guy from Homeland Security gave a presentation and mentioned that far right white reactionaries posed a bigger terrorist threat to America than any Muslin.  Since that was in the Bush era and pre-recession, I can only imagine how much worse it has gotten since.

Remember that big ass bomb one group planted at some MLK parade that luckily didn't go off? Yea...I only see things getting worse as more brown people get born here. And if Bams wins again, oh boy the bitter tears

Himu

Yuppppp
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon

pshaw, it's not like we've elected a BLACK PRESIDENT since then or anything
yar

bdoughty

waterboard bdouchey

At least someone remembers.  :'(

Oblivion

Reince Priebus: Obama has a problem with the American dream.

It's probably cause he never achieved it. :(

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Reince Priebus: Obama has a problem with the American dream.

It's probably cause he never achieved it. :(

Huh huh, huh huh... you said "Reince Priebus"
yar

Himu

probably because it doesn't exist
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
yar

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist

Motivation? I mean the guy went into THE WRONG HOUSE OF WORSHIP in the middle of Ramadan and killed a bunch of people. It says a lot about modern conservatives that their rhetoric can reach people this unstable. Incidentally, the Jared Lee Loughner (Giffords shooter) trial is about to start.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/06/13143336-syria-premier-defects-to-anti-assad-opposition-spokesman-says?lite

Syrian Prime Minister Riyad Hijab has defected to the opposition seeking to overthrow President Bashar Assad, a spokesman for Hijab said Monday, marking one of the most high-profile desertions from the Damascus government.
Syrian state TV said Hijab had been fired, but an official source in Amman told Reuters that the dismissal followed his defection to neighboring Jordan with his family.

Syrian television reported on Monday that Prime Minister Riyad Hijab had been fired. His purported spokesman said he had defected to Jordan.

"I announce today my defection from the killing and terrorist regime and I announce that I have joined the ranks of the freedom and dignity revolution. I announce that I am from today a soldier in this blessed revolution," Hijab said in a statement read in his name by Mohammad Otari, who identified himself as Hijab's spokesman, on Al Jazeera television.
dog

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
A soldier hiding in a neighboring country with his family

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
God, the sharia thing is dumb and infuriating.  We're more than a decade on from 9/11 with Muslim law no more part of the legal code than it was before, but that just proves that they're being EVEN MORE SNEAKY than we imagined!

Stupid, unfounded beliefs are annoying, but stupid, unfounded beliefs that scapegoat people (especially folks already getting the short end of the stick, like religious minorities, immigrants, and the poor) are inexcusable.

Michele Bachmann has in her hands a list of 205 names of people who are known members of Muslim Brotherhood who are working in the State Department.
©@©™

Oblivion

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Why is that gay dude protesting General Mills?

:rofl
©ZH

Mandark

• Icon
Anyway, looks like the shooter at the Sikh temple was a Stormfront-style white supremacist.  Gosh, and those boys always seemed so nice.

http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2012/08/dear-the-media  http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/news/alleged-sikh-temple-shooter-former-member-of-skinhead-band

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon

Well, like, everything. I mean, the guy shot up a Sikh temple. Sikhs tend to be peaceful. Hence, the description of the shooter, because why the hell would anyone want to shoot up a Sikh temple?

Nothing to do with anything with this incident, but there have been Sikh terrorists, militants who want an independent state in Punjab, India.
MMA

Himu

I know. Every religion has its crazies.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Anyway, looks like the shooter at the Sikh temple was a Stormfront-style white supremacist.  Gosh, and those boys always seemed so nice.

http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2012/08/dear-the-media  http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/news/alleged-sikh-temple-shooter-former-member-of-skinhead-band

It's only a matter of time before Synbios flippers someone to death.
©@©™