Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1868327 times)

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
Holy shit, Crowley was like "I guess we could meet for a kool-aid..."
lol
spoiler (click to show/hide)
taken out of context
[close]
sad

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Public health care is not free.  Everyone pays their share.  I'm in favor of nationalized health care but saying "health care is free" irks me ever so slightly.

After 8 years of Bush, I can understand why people think the government can't run shit right.

"The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then get elected and prove it." -- P.J. O'rourke

Bush is a good enough reason that everyone should be leery of the power of government.

"Government" isn't some solid, never-evolving entity. In fact, Bush and his Congress' definition of "government" gives government a bad name.

No shit?  I think you're onto something there.

No, I've known that forever.  FoC, though, doesn't seem to get it.
püp

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
What do you think my definition of government is?

What is your (liberal) definition of government?

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
Public health care is not free.  Everyone pays their share.  I'm in favor of nationalized health care but saying "health care is free" irks me ever so slightly.

This is not true. Some people will grossly pay more than others. I guess to liberals that means its "fair"

Oblivion

This is not true. Some people will grossly pay more than others. I guess to liberals that means its "fair"

I may be completely wrong, but didn't the rich pay less taxes proportionately than 95% of people under Bush? Was that fair?

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
I think he is referring to Bush's tax cuts which reduced the rich's effective tax rate by 19% while only reducing everyone else by 4%.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/08/16/politics/main636398.shtml
©ZH

Oblivion

Yes, thank you, Zero.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
...and Lolbertopians continue to pretend that income tax rates are the only form of taxation. Yawn.
___

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
...and Lolbertopians continue to pretend that income tax rates are the only form of taxation. Yawn.

Not only does that not make any sense it's not even close to being true.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Mandark

• Icon
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/07/poll-28-of-republican-base-are-birthers.php?ref=fpblg
wow

I think this is the most important number in that poll.  Also, 97% of black respondents (>20% of the Southern population) answered yes.

So only about a third of southern whites are confident that Obama was born in the US.  Awesome!

I read something a couple months ago that showed the same results for certain GOP talking points.  Specifically, talking trash about San Francisco and France.  Most people, including Republicans, have good opinions of those places.  The south is the only place where they drew high disapproval ratings.
[close]

Dickie Dee

It's pretty amazing how inherant rascism can still display itself...A black guy with a "forun" soundin' name becomes president and not only do they just rebel against this fact, they pretend that it's somehow impossible that he can be American in the first place. Such a sad glimpse into their worldview.
___

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
There was an image posted some time ago that showed the counties that saw increase of Republican or Democrat votes in 2008 compared to 2004.  The biggest Republican increase was in the rural areas of the south, the same counties (give or take) that George Wallace won 40 years ago.  I'm sure someone has that image saved.
🍆🍆

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
A black guy with a "forun" soundin' name becomes president and not only do they just rebel against this fact, they pretend that it's somehow impossible that he can be American in the first place. Such a sad glimpse into their worldview.
Or if you are Glenn Beck, claim that the black president with a white mother has a deep seeded hatred towards white people.

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
jon

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
i'm a little disappointed that this palin divorce stuff isn't panning out,since i so dearly love to see the depraved pro-lifers squirm
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
dead babies; dead poor people who can't afford health care; we're all misanthropes with our false dichotomies!

me, i'll take the dead babies. at least someone WANTED the people dying due to lack of health care.
duc

Dickie Dee

Oy Vey

When Ann Coulter is calling you out as a crazy bitch...wow
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 06:48:38 PM by Mamacint »
___

huckleberry

Oy Vey

When Ann Coulter is calling you out as a crazy bitch...wow

They were totally unfair to that woman.  She has such a serious problem with her President being born in a foreign country that she just cannot control her emotions.  I mean, come on, doesn't that woman have a right, as a citizen, to be so upset that Obama is a foreigner?
wub

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
There was an image posted some time ago that showed the counties that saw increase of Republican or Democrat votes in 2008 compared to 2004.  The biggest Republican increase was in the rural areas of the south, the same counties (give or take) that George Wallace won 40 years ago.  I'm sure someone has that image saved.

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
Remember that multibillion (trillion?) dollar stimulus package passed months ago? Wonder where that money is going? No clue? Me neither.

As for the 1 billion that we can actually track, the "cash for clunkers" program, and that is actually working to stimulate the economy in a tangible fashion, well, they can't seem to cut that off fast enough.

(http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Clunker-sales-nearing-apf-3598544285.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode= )

"This is just mass chaos, so to extend it with 2 more billion dollars without stopping and seeing what we've done would be crazy," said Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C.

"We were told this program would last for several months," GOP leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky said. "It ran out of money in a week, prompting the House to rush a $2 billion extension before anybody even had time to figure out what happened to the first billion."

McConnell said, "It's not a bad idea to look for a second opinion. All the more so if they say they're in a hurry."

Sen. Jon Kyl of Arizona, the Senate's second-ranking Republican, suggested lawmakers "take a time-out" so they could receive more details about the program before providing more money. "I'm concerned that somebody's going to have to pay for this, and $4,500 for everybody that wants to take advantage of this program is a lot of money."

Newsflash, elephants. These are dollars going to directly stimulate the economy as well as promote a cleaner environment and less reliance on that dirty foreign oil. These dollars are going into the pockets of the citizens and into the bank accounts of your rich dealership friends. They are clearing auto inventories, which will support production and therefore jobs at auto factories. All those billions if not trillions of who-knows-where-it-went stimulus money? Figure out what's up there. Argue with this program? Get real.

Kestastrophe

::)
jon

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/local_wluk_greenbay_kagen_gets_earful_at_listening_session_080320092004_rev1
:punch
So republitards are bussing people from out of town to act like they are against healthcare reform? They have actually found a new low.
©ZH

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
(Image removed from quote.)

::)

That is sooo uncalled for. How dare you disgrace our president like that. You should be ashamed of yourself. ASHAMED! How can you be soo mean spirited to our president?

Oh wait.

[close]

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
Britain To Put CCTV Cameras Inside Private Homes

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/08/britain-to-put-cctv-cameras-inside-private-homes/
As an ex-Brit, I’m well aware of the authorities’ love of surveillance and snooping, but even I, a pessimistic cynic, am amazed by the governments latest plan: to install Orwell’s telescreens in 20,000 homes.

£400 million ($668 million) will be spend on installing and monitoring CCTV cameras in the homes of private citizens. Why? To make sure the kids are doing their homework, going to bed early and eating their vegetables. The scheme has, astonishingly, already been running in 2,000 family homes. The government’s “children’s secretary” Ed Balls is behind the plan, which is aimed at problem, antisocial families. The idea is that, if a child has a more stable home life, he or she will be less likely to stray into crime and drugs.

It gets worse. The government is also maintaining a private army, incredibly not called “Thought Police”, which will “be sent round to carry out home checks,” according to the Sunday Express. And in a scheme which firmly cements the nation’s reputation as a “nanny state”, the kids and their families will be forced to sign “behavior contracts” which will “set out parents’ duties to ensure children behave and do their homework.”

And remember, this is the left-wing government. The Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling, batting for the conservatives, thinks these plans are “too little, and too late,” implying that even more obtrusive work needs to be done. Rumors that a new detention center, named Room 101, is being constructed inside the Ministry of Love are unconfirmed.

I'm speechless.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Both Joker portrayals are fucking distinguished mentally-challenged.  The fact that the Joker represents the complete opposite of what Obama/Bush are unfairly labeled as is enough to make this fucking stupid....but it also happens to be based on a goddamn summer movie character.
püp

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
Both Joker portrayals are fucking distinguished mentally-challenged.  The fact that the Joker represents the complete opposite of what Obama/Bush are unfairly labeled as is enough to make this fucking stupid....but it also happens to be based on a goddamn summer movie character.

The difference being that one is a a random poster by some schmucks with too much free time and the other being published by a very large and widely read magazine.

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
the other difference being that the magazine portrayed a president that way because of starting wars and torturing people and spying on american citizens, while the random shmucks portrayed a president that way because the sheriff is a ni-*BONG*
wtc

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
the other difference being that the magazine portrayed a president that way because of starting wars and torturing people and spying on american citizens, while the random shmucks portrayed a president that way because the sheriff is a ni-*BONG*

I forgot was the Joker black? I ask because your post is complete garbage if he wasnt.

Crushed

I forgot was the Joker black? I ask because your post is complete garbage if he wasnt.

whoosh
wtc

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
crushed annihilated!

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber

The difference being that one is a a random poster by some schmucks with too much free time and the other being published by a very large and widely read magazine.

Both parties are fucking stupid.
püp

Crushed

so guys, what about that birth certificate!??!
wtc

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
so guys, what about that birth certificate!??!

Are you obsessed with that or something? Has any conservative EB member ever brought that up?

Crushed

i was bringing it up because the birthers have been in the news lately, complete with a fake kenyan certificate.
wtc

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
i was bringing it up because the birthers have been in the news lately, complete with a fake kenyan certificate.

Completely irrelevant to this thread and EB members.

Bu-bye.

Crushed

yes, current events and political news WOULD seem irrelevant to you
wtc

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
It's not political news. The only people who think it's news are the liberals who are using it as a diversion and the nuts that believe it.

Obama's numbers are tanking. The "town-halls" on healthcare are a colossal disaster and the only response that liberals have is "Hey this woman bileves obama is from Kenya. LOLERSKATES!!!!

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
I bet some people in bum-fuck New Mexico believe that Obama is a space alien from Mars and is here to anal probe us.

Is that political news?

Crushed

itt foc pretends that a third of southern white republicans don't believe that obama is foreign born (it's true)
wtc

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
I think I have a pretty good idea of it. I live in the South and I have a regular dose of conservative radio.

I havent heard Rush talk about it in a while, and Boortz had a whole 30 min segment calling people idiots for believing it.

But go ahead and keep pretending this is the real political news of the day.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
two radio hosts = the South

Kestastrophe

It's not political news. The only people who think it's news are the liberals who are using it as a diversion and the nuts that believe it.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=105767
 :-X
jon

Mandark

• Icon

Obama's numbers are tanking. The "town-halls" on healthcare are a colossal disaster and the only response that liberals have is "Hey this woman bileves obama is from Kenya. LOLERSKATES!!!!

I bet some people in bum-fuck New Mexico believe that Obama is a space alien from Mars and is here to anal probe us.

Is that political news?

This meme's been getting popular among embarrassed conservatarians: "It's just a couple of cranks and it's the liberals who are puffing them up anyway!"

Except about two-thirds of southern whites, along with 58% of self-identified Republicans, take the birther case seriously.  Cherry-picking this ain't.

I'm touched that you're ashamed to be aligned with these people, FoC.  It shows an ounce of self-awareness.  But you chose to join the movement.  Take some personal responsibility.

Oh, and the town hall disruptions?  If you think that's a strong argument against the GOP's base being infested with hardline cranks, you might want to reconsider.

PS I don't think you could find five pollers or political scientists who refer to New Mexico as part of the "South".

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
Health care dissenters are too well dressed!!!  :lol

[youtube=560,345] ZV84OBtGpSQ[/youtube]

Dickie Dee

ITT FoC proves he's gullible enough to believe in Astroturf organizations
___

Mandark

• Icon
Arthur Laffer, father of the Worst Graph Ever:

"Just wait until you see Medicare, Medicaid and healthcare done by the government."

The government better stay away from those... government programs!

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
ITT FoC proves he's gullible enough to believe in Astroturf organizations

I went to the one where loyd dogget spoke here in in Austin. It was no astroturfing. The kind of emotion people had can not be bought.

But keeping telling yourself that and remain out of touch with everyone.

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
Arthur Laffer, father of the Worst Graph Ever:

"Just wait until you see Medicare, Medicaid and healthcare done by the government."

The government better stay away from those... government programs!

In all fairness lets look at whats probably the most widely used government entity.
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=8248335&page=1

The fucking heavily subsidized USPS cant even deliver mail and make it worth while.

Kestastrophe

Yeah, that has absolutely nothing to do with declining demand (since the inception of the internet) for snail mail services and the paper reduction act  ::)
jon

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
It's a different brand of hippie. I cant really describe it.

Don't get me wrong, there are definitely a bunch of dirty hippies around, but there is also an independent "texas" vibe to the whole city too.

My version of an austin hippie smokes joints, has a few firearms at home and grows his own vegetables.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Lord that just sounds awful
püp

Mandark

• Icon
Man of the people!
« Reply #4733 on: August 06, 2009, 01:41:03 PM »
But keeping telling yourself that and remain out of touch with everyone.

Oh the irony.

M3wThr33

Meanwhile, all Rush can do today is compare Obama to Hitler.

Dickie Dee

Remember when some random person submitted a Bush/Hitler video to an open video contest at Moveon.org and they were practically branded a terrorist organization by the "liberal media"...good times
___

huckleberry

I see your Hitler and raise you an anti-christ:

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
wub

Dickie Dee

I love the whole, "I'm not sayin' Obama is the Anti-Christ, I'm just saaayin'..."
___

huckleberry

What FoC fails (or maybe he doesn't) to realize is that a substantial portion of the population, at least where I live (the South) believes this shit....my step father buys into it and so do my in-laws who live in Ohio.  I always have lively discussions with delivery people and salesmen at my job and almost all of them believe this shit...whether it be the birther shit, the anti-christ shit, the marxist shit....the believe it.  Funny things happen when you make it ok for someone to call the president a distinguished black fellow.  They open up in all kinds of ways.
wub

huckleberry

The worst part is that the mustache looks well groomed.
wub