Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1797718 times)

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #19200 on: December 05, 2010, 11:54:07 PM »

The Larry Sanders Show is one of my favorite shows of all time. And I like it because all of those characters are deeply flawed. Even the "good" ones and the ones you are supposed to relate to. They have their good points. But they have lots of petty and significant bad points. Just like real people. And they deal with the same shit that real people go through. Bad marriages. Cheating. Boozing, etc.

It's a shame most kids these days don't know what that show is, and whenever people see Jeffrey Tambour and go "BLUTH" I just roll my fucking eyesb ecause he is forever Hank Kingsley.
USA

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Here!)
« Reply #19201 on: December 05, 2010, 11:56:26 PM »
For what its worth I get what people mean when they say "hold up". I get that perhaps some art is more timeless or touches more universal core human themes that resonate for longer or with a wider group of people. There are things I liked at one point that I like less now. I think that's often the very definition of most pop music.

It just bugs me when some people sort of attack things with a lazy "X doesn't hold up anymore" criticism. It's a little bit more complex a discussion than that.

Because almost all art eventually shows its age.  

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #19202 on: December 06, 2010, 12:04:10 AM »
For what its worth I get what people mean when they say "hold up". I get that perhaps some art is more timeless or touches more universal core human themes that resonate for longer or with a wider group of people. There are things I liked at one point that I like less now. I think that's often the very definition of most pop music.
Pretty much, I find Seinfeld to be shallow and cynical.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #19203 on: December 06, 2010, 12:05:40 AM »
[youtube=560,345]vkG7FGVWsLA& [/youtube]

Stoney Mason

« Reply #19204 on: December 06, 2010, 12:09:47 AM »
Pretty much, I find Seinfeld to be shallow and cynical.

That's valid although that is probably more related to your individual taste rather than something "holding up" in an artistic sense.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19205 on: December 06, 2010, 12:11:22 AM »
There seems to be an anti-toon FB profile picture movement now. The outcry being that the fad itself was created by pedophiles to lure kids into adding pedophiles as friends on Facebook :lol

A lot of my friends on Facebook now seem to have cartoon profile pictures.
dog

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #19206 on: December 06, 2010, 12:32:47 AM »
I'm trying to wrack my brain for a thinly vieled pedophile cartoon villain to post ironically but can't think of one.

And why aren't we friends on fb Great Rumbler?  :maf

Seriously thought, I don't fucking see how it stops child abuse but if I can have arnold as my profile pic for a while I don't mind.

Doesn't hurt anyone, but FB memes as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slacktivism is pretty fucking annoying.
___

Fresh Prince

« Reply #19207 on: December 06, 2010, 12:37:21 AM »
Good term.

The obvious choice is the old guy from Family Guy.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #19208 on: December 06, 2010, 12:41:04 AM »

Seriously thought, I don't fucking see how it stops child abuse but if I can have arnold as my profile pic for a while I don't mind.

Anyone with an animated picture as their photo on Facebook is a paedophile
itm

Fresh Prince

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19210 on: December 06, 2010, 01:11:51 AM »

It's hard to add somebody on Facebook when you don't know their real name!
dog

Fresh Prince

« Reply #19211 on: December 06, 2010, 01:12:28 AM »
Black people of evilbore it's time to start beef.

etiolate

« Reply #19212 on: December 06, 2010, 01:23:29 AM »
I haven't watched Seinfeld in a long time. I don't think it would hold up now.

It doesn't. It's entirely stuck in the 90s.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19213 on: December 06, 2010, 01:44:00 AM »
Seinfeld is still hilarious, I went through about half the show last year.
dog

etiolate

« Reply #19214 on: December 06, 2010, 02:05:35 AM »
I just never liked it and going back to it years later makes the show look even more desperate. I like Curb and stuff like AD, but the actors and setting of Seinfeld always killed it for me. Curb is how good the show would have been without the Jerry Seinfeld shit.

Since I've had no internet, I've been watching lots of syndicated TV, which means Seinfeld, Curb and Married with Children. MwC actually comes off as more complex now. The show began questioning assumptions about its characters over the years.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19215 on: December 06, 2010, 02:11:17 AM »
[youtube=560,345]Mxhs-O_9BLc[/youtube]

So good.
dog

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #19216 on: December 06, 2010, 06:14:15 AM »
I will vouch for the Gilmore Girls. It's perfectly acceptable light entertainment.

:drool Lauren Graham :drool
itm

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #19217 on: December 06, 2010, 06:31:05 AM »
Tits aside, Koshiba really isn't hot.  I don't get it.  She looks like a cheeseburger.
I honestly couldn't understand why EB was getting all excited about her because I really thought she was a transsexual.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #19218 on: December 06, 2010, 06:42:23 AM »
Seinfeld holds up extremely well.  It reminds me of the classic Simpsons.  I think the problem is that the humor is sometimes too dry for the newer generation who is used to having the jokes shoved right in their faces (like Family Guy).  There is some slapstick of course but I can see a lot of the even more obvious jokes whizzing right above their heads.

Anyway, regarding that thread, the big secret is that most people who write their worst sitcoms never actually watched the things.  A lot of it seems entrenched in that distinguished mentally-challenged Big Bang Theory vs. Community rivalry thing going on.  When it comes to fanboy favorites, any discussion is inherently tainted.  Talking about Community on GAF is like talking about Killzone 2 or Gran Turismo 5: all discussions relating to it are spoiled and made useless from the pimping/trolling/countertrolling.
🍆🍆

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #19219 on: December 06, 2010, 07:02:20 AM »
I'm trying to wrack my brain for a thinly vieled pedophile cartoon villain to post ironically but can't think of one.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #19220 on: December 06, 2010, 10:06:04 AM »
I haven't seen a gilmore girls episode in years but I remember most of the dialog seeming unbearable/too fast.  Community doesn't have high quality writing or anything, it just has very interesting concepts of how to make you laugh.  Mostly by I guess breaking the fourth wall.

Himu

« Reply #19221 on: December 06, 2010, 10:37:27 AM »
Tits aside, Koshiba really isn't hot.  I don't get it.  She looks like a cheeseburger.
I honestly couldn't understand why EB was getting all excited about her because I really thought she was a transsexual.

jesus christ WHAT WOMEN DO YOU GUYS HANG OUT WITH
IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #19222 on: December 06, 2010, 10:58:12 AM »
Himuro whenever you get a extra $5 or whatever it is can I get a new sa title / avatar or w/e it is I bought you? I hate mine now  >:(
USA

Himu

« Reply #19223 on: December 06, 2010, 11:00:25 AM »
sure thing dude
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19224 on: December 06, 2010, 11:02:33 AM »

fake tits and manface doesn't = a cheeseburger to you??  she has a manface to begin with, but fake tits just reinforce the cheeseburger look.  i didn't say she was an ugly cheeseburger.  she makes a pretty good cheeseburger.  but she looks like a cheeseburger, dude.  She's just not hot.  I'd ask why you're so defensive about an average looking cheeseburger, but i forgot you have a cheeseburger fetish.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19225 on: December 06, 2010, 11:05:33 AM »
I thought the expert was PD.  I think Himu just got his dick sucked by one.

Himu

« Reply #19226 on: December 06, 2010, 11:11:08 AM »

fake tits and manface doesn't = a cheeseburger to you??  she has a manface to begin with, but fake tits just reinforce the cheeseburger look.  i didn't say she was an ugly cheeseburger.  she makes a pretty good cheeseburger.  but she looks like a cheeseburger, dude.  She's just not hot.  I'd ask why you're so defensive about an average looking cheeseburger, but i forgot you have a cheeseburger fetish.

I just don't see how it's a man face. I'm not even saying she's OMG HOT or SO BEAUTIFUL like she's Audrey Hepburn because she's not, but if that face is a man face, I don't know what to think because it's certainly not average, at least in that pic. I just take offense at, WELL SHE DOESN'T HAVE STANDARD HOLLYWOOD LOOKS AND SHE HAS A BIG JAW SO SURELY SHE MUST BE A TRANSSEXUAL which is pretty ridiculous, superficial and demeaning definition of feminine beauty which I've seen countless times on the internet from people who otherwise aren't exactly lookers themselves.
IYKYK

Robo

« Reply #19227 on: December 06, 2010, 11:12:19 AM »
This board is getting too hetero for me.  :-X
obo

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #19228 on: December 06, 2010, 11:15:48 AM »
Himu I think they're getting mad because she's attractive and posts on GAF.
USA

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19229 on: December 06, 2010, 11:20:40 AM »
Himu I think they're getting mad because she's attractive and posts on GAF.
You're confusing who's getting mad here.

Himu: No one ever said she had to be Hollywood standard so drop the exaggeration.  She's average at best with gigantic and obvious fake tits and a masculine face.  cheeseburgers tend to have masculine faces and of course, obvious fake tits.  She's just not worth all the "holy shit she's amazing" when she's pretty average and from what I can tell, crazy and stupid as fuck to boot.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19230 on: December 06, 2010, 11:28:32 AM »
She's damaged goods for sure.  I mean, she's a fucking stripper, got breast implants and had an attention grabbing meltdown on a forum lulz

Himu

« Reply #19231 on: December 06, 2010, 11:28:46 AM »
Well when you're good friends with one who who goes through emotional and depression issues because everyone puts a label on you, of course I do. Like how "trap" is used. Dudes really think someone is so willing to change their body's inner most workings, go through months, years of pain and the risk of death from hormone treatment and ridicule simply so they can trap YOU?

What's more, is that we have a born and bred female, that people consider to look like a "cheeseburger" because her face isn't the archetype of feminine beauty in America. I just find it wrong. "Oh, that girl has a big jaw, she looks like a man in a dress" yet I'm not seeing any masculine features here at all.

And there's something wrong with saying something about it? It's the equivalent of someone saying,"Hey that person looks like a distinguished black fellow" because they have big lips, because it boils down someone's life experience into one inflammatory insult.

I hardly see how that makes me a "cheeseburger defender". Also, transsexuals grow their tits, and no, Koshiba is not "hot", but not every woman has to be.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #19232 on: December 06, 2010, 11:31:14 AM »
She's damaged goods for sure.  I mean, she's a fucking stripper, got breast implants and had an attention grabbing meltdown on a forum lulz

you make a good case.
IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #19233 on: December 06, 2010, 11:32:35 AM »
Whats wrong with attention grabbing meltdowns on forums?
USA

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19234 on: December 06, 2010, 11:37:06 AM »
::)

The remarks were in response to why she's receiving so much attention.  So if you're going to go off on such a tangent, why does she deserve it?  What makes her so special on the internet?  no one here even knows her.  Put your armor away.  And again, stop exaggerating.  I said she looks like a cheeseburger.  That's not akin to calling someone a nigger.  It's akin to seeing an actor on TV and saying "Is he hispanic?"  "No, look at the hair.  I think he's actually black."  You're getting offended over nothing.  Where are you when fistful is normal sized women fat?  And what the hell are you talking about someone's life experience?  I didn't factor in the fact that she's a disgusting human being who's made really shitty choices and is now fucked in the head when I said she looked like a cheeseburger.  I took the fact that she has a strong jawline among other masculine features in the face and huge fake tits.  BTW, I'm not a cheeseburger expert, but I've seen enough cheeseburger surprise to know that a lot of them do get implants.  Just calm down, buddy.

Beezy

« Reply #19235 on: December 06, 2010, 11:37:20 AM »
Uh, a big jaw is a masculine feature imo.

I never thought she looked like a cheeseburger, but she is average. Stop putting white women on a pedestal, Himu!

Beezy

« Reply #19236 on: December 06, 2010, 11:39:49 AM »
Fuck, I got tricked into talking about this chick again. :duh

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19237 on: December 06, 2010, 11:42:28 AM »
I'm sure you're not the only dude she's (dick) tricked.  :fbm

Himu

« Reply #19238 on: December 06, 2010, 11:47:01 AM »
What exactly is wrong with a big jaw?

I'm not putting white women on a pedestal or anything because the same thing is said about women of all races on the internet.

It seems we have different definitions of "average".

To me, a good example of "average", although still "cute" I guess is Emma Watson. If Emma Watson is average, Miss Fake Tits is definitely slightly above average. If Emma Watson is average, Ke$ha is below average. If Emma Watson is average, Katy Perry is average, Lady Gaga is slightly above average (it depends with gaga), Taylor Swift is well above average, and Janelle Monae is teetering between above average and hot.

My point is, when discussing female beauty, average is usually just good enough. You don't have to be "hot" to be "good looking", the two terms are not inclusive.

And this is why I never talk about female beauty on the internet because everyone expects a mega superstar. This is also why I have refrained posting pics of my own ex (pd stop asking) because it would be met with "looks like a cheeseburger" even though she is 100% female.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #19239 on: December 06, 2010, 11:47:33 AM »
I'm sure you're not the only dude she's (dick) tricked.  :fbm

ahahaha damn
IYKYK

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #19240 on: December 06, 2010, 11:48:07 AM »
Well when you're good friends with one who who goes through emotional and depression issues because everyone puts a label on you, of course I do. Like how "trap" is used. Dudes really think someone is so willing to change their body's inner most workings, go through months, years of pain and the risk of death from hormone treatment and ridicule simply so they can trap YOU?

What's more, is that we have a born and bred female, that people consider to look like a "cheeseburger" because her face isn't the archetype of feminine beauty in America. I just find it wrong. "Oh, that girl has a big jaw, she looks like a man in a dress" yet I'm not seeing any masculine features here at all.

And there's something wrong with saying something about it? It's the equivalent of someone saying,"Hey that person looks like a distinguished black fellow" because they have big lips, because it boils down someone's life experience into one inflammatory insult.

I hardly see how that makes me a "cheeseburger defender". Also, transsexuals grow their tits, and no, Koshiba is not "hot", but not every woman has to be.

Aren't you the cat who posted a million times in that hilarious GAF cheeseburger thread?  like just general chat and simping with the cheeseburgers over there.. wasn't that you?  That sounds like a cheeseburger defender.
hey

Himu

« Reply #19241 on: December 06, 2010, 11:51:09 AM »

Aren't you the cat who posted a million times in that hilarious GAF cheeseburger thread?  like just general chat and simping with the cheeseburgers over there.. wasn't that you?  That sounds like a cheeseburger defender.

or someone who, for all intents and purposes, has his own gender issues and used the thread as an outlet to talk to like-minded people who have gone through similar things.

yes, once again, with the labels.

notice how they're usually vain, the people with the labels.
IYKYK

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #19242 on: December 06, 2010, 11:56:18 AM »
I kind of want koshiba to be linked to this for her reaction.

Agreed. Someone get her over here.
SRY

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19243 on: December 06, 2010, 12:00:59 PM »
What exactly is wrong with a big jaw?

I'm not putting white women on a pedestal or anything because the same thing is said about women of all races on the internet.

It seems we have different definitions of "average".

To me, a good example of "average", although still "cute" I guess is Emma Watson. If Emma Watson is average, Miss Fake Tits is definitely slightly above average. If Emma Watson is average, Ke$ha is below average. If Emma Watson is average, Katy Perry is average, Lady Gaga is slightly above average (it depends with gaga), Taylor Swift is well above average, and Janelle Monae is teetering between above average and hot.

My point is, when discussing female beauty, average is usually just good enough. You don't have to be "hot" to be "good looking", the two terms are not inclusive.

And this is why I never talk about female beauty on the internet because everyone expects a mega superstar. This is also why I have refrained posting pics of my own ex (pd stop asking) because it would be met with "looks like a cheeseburger" even though she is 100% female.
see you missed the point again, dude.

i'm not saying she's average like it's points against her. 

I'm saying she average as in "why the fuck is everyone so interested in such an average woman?  what did she do to get all this positive attention?"  The cheeseburger comment was simply a note on her looks.  The average people you mentioned are at least celebrities with reasons to discuss them other than a pair of fake tits.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19244 on: December 06, 2010, 12:01:10 PM »
HEY GUYS I SAW THIS PICTURE OF A GIRL ON THE INTERNET AND THOUGHT SHE WAS SUPER-HOT IF YOU DISAGREE YOU'RE STUPID AND MAYBE RACISTS TOO I DON'T KNOW
dog

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #19245 on: December 06, 2010, 12:01:34 PM »
there's been like 5 pages of discussion about someone named koshiba and not a SINGLE link to a pic (to a few emo posts, yes, but no pics)

I dunno the secret place where I'm supposed to go find pictures on GAF? ??? put a link in the outside link thread ffs
乱学者

Beezy

« Reply #19246 on: December 06, 2010, 12:02:57 PM »
What's wrong with a big jaw? It looks MANLY.

...duh? Seems like you're assuming that we're all being negative when we say average.

Gaga never has not and never will look better than Katy Perry btw. Taylor Swift just looks awkward.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19248 on: December 06, 2010, 12:03:23 PM »
there's been like 5 pages of discussion about someone named koshiba and not a SINGLE link to a pic (to a few emo posts, yes, but no pics)

I dunno the secret place where I'm supposed to go find pictures on GAF? ??? put a link in the outside link thread ffs
someone directly posted like a page or two ago :lol

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19249 on: December 06, 2010, 12:05:32 PM »

Exactly.  If that's your thing, so be it.  But most guys don't like it and if she's going to post a titty exposing pic on the net to a bunch of nerds to be judged them I'm going to fucking judge instead of saying "HEY THOSE ARE HUGE TITS RAWR I WANT KOSHIBA CALL ME SOMETIME"  Just like I don't find most black girls attractive.  It doesn't make me racist, it's my taste.  Of course, there are some hot ones but I'm speaking generally.  Just like I think Morgan Webb is hot.  Manface and all.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #19250 on: December 06, 2010, 12:05:43 PM »
http://www.evilbore.com/forum/index.php?topic=32802.msg1243636#msg1243636

This is her, right?

thank you! it's not labeled so I didn't know that was her.

and I don't have time to go to the picture thread on GAF and page back and forth until I find a picture of somebody. :P
乱学者

Stoney Mason

« Reply #19251 on: December 06, 2010, 12:08:38 PM »
Good lord shut up about this girl.  :-\

She's a decently attractive person. There are shitloads of them in society. This whole thing seems to be some nerd fetish because OMG a hot chick is actually on the internet on GAF.

Just because some gamer girl is hot doesn't mean we have to stalk her and talk about her obsessively.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #19252 on: December 06, 2010, 12:10:12 PM »
Himu is the one who brought it back 3 pages after it'd died!

Himu

« Reply #19253 on: December 06, 2010, 12:16:36 PM »

...duh? Seems like you're assuming that we're all being negative when we say average.

Gaga never has not and never will look better than Katy Perry btw. Taylor Swift just looks awkward.

Gaga looks way better than Perry. All Perry has going for herself are tits. Taylor Swift looks good to me. Certainly above average.

And I find some manly features to be attractive. A woman with a bigger chin than most can be attractive. I think it's sexy on the right woman, especially if she has big accentuated cheeks and cheek bones.

But I am a fag, so...
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #19254 on: December 06, 2010, 12:18:02 PM »
Good lord shut up about this girl.  :-\

She's a decently attractive person. There are shitloads of them in society. This whole thing seems to be some nerd fetish because OMG a hot chick is actually on the internet on GAF.

Just because some gamer girl is hot doesn't mean we have to stalk her and talk about her obsessively.

If you read the discussion no one is calling her hot. Right now, no one even cares about Koshiba. We're talking about our standards of female beauty. I'm just disputing on the use of the term "looks like a cheeseburger", which I find legitimately offensive.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #19255 on: December 06, 2010, 12:20:19 PM »

i'm not saying she's average like it's points against her. 

I'm saying she average as in "why the fuck is everyone so interested in such an average woman?  what did she do to get all this positive attention?"  The cheeseburger comment was simply a note on her looks.  The average people you mentioned are at least celebrities with reasons to discuss them other than a pair of fake tits.

Oh. I agree.
IYKYK

Beezy

« Reply #19256 on: December 06, 2010, 12:20:38 PM »

Gaga looks way better than Perry.
A quick google image search shows how wrong this statement is.

Himu

« Reply #19257 on: December 06, 2010, 12:22:27 PM »
No way dude.

At least Gaga has quirky looks going for her, Katy Perry on the other hand looks like a thin Rosie O'Donnel.
IYKYK

Beezy

« Reply #19258 on: December 06, 2010, 12:24:57 PM »

Himu

IYKYK