Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1083080 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: Corona Thread |OT| 90k lost to the 'rona [in the US]
« Reply #8220 on: May 19, 2020, 05:20:36 PM »
Can't a manbun get you arrested in Utah? It's a Catch-22
每天生气

Coffee Dog

« Reply #8221 on: May 19, 2020, 05:22:46 PM »
thinking about calling it the Boomer Remover again

i dont do this online but IRL ive been calling it cabronavirus and qdobavirus since january. It hasnt been funny in a long time

Occam

« Reply #8222 on: May 19, 2020, 05:37:11 PM »
In countries without criminals or morons or criminal morons as president the infection rate has gone down quite nicely.
People just seem to be forgetting that there is no immunity because so far <10% were infected, meaning if social distancing and wearing masks is ignored, it'll come right back.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Tripon

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Re: Corona Thread |OT| The Curse of La Rona
« Reply #8226 on: May 20, 2020, 12:53:00 AM »
The NASA shirt is the funniest part.

Occam

« Reply #8227 on: May 20, 2020, 08:39:10 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8229 on: May 20, 2020, 10:09:48 AM »
https://twitter.com/JasonKander/status/1262921019137949696

I love how he says he's filming this for his "3000 follower Instragram feed," as if that matters.
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #8231 on: May 20, 2020, 10:26:27 AM »
 :rage

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #8232 on: May 20, 2020, 10:52:00 AM »
Dagget was the stupid one

Tasty

« Reply #8233 on: May 20, 2020, 12:10:17 PM »

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #8234 on: May 20, 2020, 01:45:46 PM »
https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/1263112240686907392

edit: Death rate below NY, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Massachusetts
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 01:51:44 PM by Flannel Boy »

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8236 on: May 20, 2020, 02:47:38 PM »
There's a rumor(?) going around in normie land that COVID-19 is not transmitted outside.  ???
🤴

Tripon

« Reply #8238 on: May 20, 2020, 03:31:40 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/20/canada-non-medical-masks-provinces-reopen-271008

Public health officials are now advising Canadians to wear "nonmedical" masks or face coverings when they venture outside their homes as Covid-19 restrictions begin to ease.

“If you can’t predict whether you can maintain that two-meter distance, then it's recommended that you wear that nonmedical mask or facial covering," Dr. Theresa Tam said during her daily briefing on the pandemic.

Tam said the Public Health Agency will make the new recommendations public Wednesday. She called the masks an "added layer of protection" that could help prevent asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic Covid-19 patients from unknowingly infecting others while out in public.

The recommendation is not a mandate because some areas of Canada have not seen community transmission. Provinces and territories need the ability to conduct their own risk assessments based on the epidemiology present in their jurisdictions, Tam said.

Asked why masks weren't promoted sooner even when they were required in other nations, Tam said public health measures like stay-at-home orders, quarantining, testing and contact tracing "effectively stopped and decelerated that epidemic wave."

Now that people will begin to move around in public, she said, "this is an added layer on top of that."

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #8239 on: May 20, 2020, 03:48:24 PM »

jorma

« Reply #8240 on: May 20, 2020, 03:50:32 PM »
Apply for jobs you aren’t qualified for.

it worked for me when i quit my job and my unemployment insurance kicked in. about the same rules as catscatscats described, i had to apply for two positions/week (they never said i had to apply for that many, but whenever i applied for less they started to bitch)

i only had 10 insured days left (out of 300) when they "exposed" me! i didn't even get called to a single interview, which would admittedly be rather depressing if i ever wanted a sysdev job again.

Tripon

« Reply #8241 on: May 20, 2020, 04:19:08 PM »
Sweden has now overtaken the UK, Italy and Belgium to have the highest coronavirus per capita death rate in the world, throwing its decision to avoid a strict lockdown into further doubt.

According to figures collated by the Our World in Data website, Sweden had 6.08 deaths per million inhabitants per day on a rolling seven-day average between May 13 and May 20.

This is the highest in the world, above the UK, Belgium and the US, which have 5.57, 4.28 and 4.11 respectively.

However, Sweden has only had the highest death rate over the past week, with Belgium, Spain, Italy, the UK and France, still ahead over the entire course of the pandemic.

State epidemiologist Anders Tegnell, the spokesman for Sweden's outlier coronavirus strategy, dismissed the figures on Tuesday night, arguing that it was misleading to focus on the death toll over a single week.

"This is something we should look at when it's all over," he told the Svenska Dagbladet newspaper. "It is of course terrible that we have such a higher death toll at our elderly care homes, and there are lessons to be learned for those who work in these institutions."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sweden-becomes-country-highest-coronavirus-133234368.html

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #8242 on: May 20, 2020, 04:50:13 PM »
"This is something we should look at when it's all over," he told the Svenska Dagbladet newspaper. "It is of course terrible that we have such a higher death toll at our elderly care homes, and there are lessons to be learned for those who work in these institutions."

http://web.archive.org/web/20060203045552/http://modernarthur.com/blog/christwhatanasshole.html

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8243 on: May 20, 2020, 04:57:12 PM »
The scientists working for the Dutch government finally admitted their numbers were wrong and deaths were way higher so they're going to 'adjust'.  :doge

In about 10 days restaurants, bars, cinemas etc. are planned to open.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #8244 on: May 20, 2020, 05:10:26 PM »
The Dutch lied, people died :tocry
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8245 on: May 20, 2020, 06:06:09 PM »
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8246 on: May 20, 2020, 06:10:10 PM »
the dutch directed, zwarte piet infected  :-\

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8247 on: May 20, 2020, 06:44:36 PM »
https://twitter.com/Firr/status/1263183121706598404

THAT'S WHAT I LIKE
Later that day

"I'd like to thank Ramon Lag-uer-ta of Pepsi for these tremendous banners, what a beautiful name you have Lag-uer-ta and what a beautiful company.
I like the real Coca Cola company better, I always tell them, bring me the real coke not the diet one but they only have diet coke at the White House, it's true.
Maybe I should try the Pepsi again some time"

🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #8248 on: May 20, 2020, 08:42:38 PM »
A cousin has been tested positive of Covid... right in the moment where she was diagnosticated to have throat cancer and needs an operation because she cant breath becuase the tumor. They are not going to operate her until 15 days have passed.

Holy fucking shit.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #8249 on: May 20, 2020, 08:50:10 PM »
sorry man hopefully its a mild case and she gets the surgery soon

Tripon

« Reply #8250 on: May 20, 2020, 11:02:48 PM »
More than 1,200 pastors have vowed to hold in-person services on May 31, the Pentecost, defying a state moratorium on religious gatherings that Gov. Gavin Newsom imposed to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus.

In a letter to Newsom, Robert H. Tyler, an attorney representing a Lodi church that has challenged the governor’s order in court, said more than 1,200 pastors have signed a “Declaration of Essentiality,” asserting their churches are as essential as any grocery or hardware store and should be allowed to reopen.

“We believe you are attempting to act in the best interests of the state,” Tyler wrote to Newsom, “but the restrictions have gone too far and for too long.”

By Wednesday, many counties in California had received approval to reopen establishments — retail business, office buildings, restaurants, shopping centers — as permitted in the second phase of Newsom’s plan to restart the state economy. Churches are not allowed to reopen until the plan’s third phase.

The pastors who signed onto the letter intend to open their churches to parishioners on May 31, with or without the governor’s permission, the letter says. They will advise churchgoers to follow social distancing guidelines.

A day earlier, the U.S. Justice Department warned Newsom that the restrictions he imposed and his plans to scale them back could infringe on religious groups’ constitutional freedoms.
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-20/defying-state-order-thousands-of-pastors-say-they-plan-to-hold-in-person-services-for-the-pentecost

Boredfrom

« Reply #8251 on: May 21, 2020, 04:30:12 AM »
sorry man hopefully its a mild case and she gets the surgery soon

My mother and my aunt hope that the Covid diagnosis is a false negative because it was quick test. She made two previous tests (were she got negative results) because she started having difficulty to breathe (it ended being the tumor in her throat).

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8252 on: May 21, 2020, 05:21:18 AM »
Best of luck man, difficulty breathing is scary as fuck
🤴

shosta

« Reply #8253 on: May 21, 2020, 09:46:55 AM »
(Reuters) - Global coronavirus cases surpassed 5 million on Wednesday, with Latin America overtaking the United States and Europe in the past week to report the largest portion of new daily cases globally.
Tragedy.
每天生气

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8254 on: May 21, 2020, 09:55:56 AM »
Yeah, Brazil especially has been taking a beating recently, they had almost as many new cases yesterday as the US [21.4k to 22.1k]. And they've only done 735k total tests, with a whopping 293k coming up positive.
dog

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #8255 on: May 21, 2020, 10:15:48 AM »
Brazil taking one for the team...

shosta

« Reply #8256 on: May 21, 2020, 10:16:48 AM »
They don't have to take anything, it's all needless death and suffering because Assimilate got what he wanted.
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #8257 on: May 21, 2020, 10:51:49 AM »
(Reuters) - Global coronavirus cases surpassed 5 million on Wednesday, with Latin America overtaking the United States and Europe in the past week to report the largest portion of new daily cases globally.
Tragedy.

trumps brain: we need more sick people!

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Flannel Boy

• Icon

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #8260 on: May 21, 2020, 11:48:05 AM »
Connecticut is now the third state over 1,000 deaths per million. New York is at 1,478 and New Jersey is at 1,210.

Tripon

« Reply #8261 on: May 21, 2020, 01:25:05 PM »
A New Jersey gym that reopened this week in defiance of the state’s ongoing stay-at-home order amid the coronavirus pandemic has been shut down by the state health department, officials said Thursday.

The Atilis Gym in Bellmawr opened its doors on Monday, insisting that the state shutdown of non-essential businesses is unconstitutional. The gym remained open for three days, attracting crowds of supporters and American-flag-toting protesters in its parking lot, before the New Jersey Department of Health issued a closure order on Wednesday night, a Camden County spokesperson confirmed to The Daily Beast.

The closure order was posted outside the gym by county officials on Thursday morning, one day after the facility’s sewer system backed up. The plumbing problems forced the gym to close on Wednesday and members to evacuate, according to Fox29.

This Is What a Coronavirus Lockdown Means in Each State

“Alright guys, so we arrived at the gym this morning to Governor Murphy’s dirty tricks, playing with his power in the health department,” one of the owners, Ian Smith, said in a Thursday morning Instagram story. “For right now, the gym will be closed. We have a full cleaning crew inside, once again, going above and beyond.”

Smith, who has received national attention for violating Gov. Phil Murphy’s executive order, claimed in his Instagram story that the gym plans to file a lawsuit against the governor “first thing this morning.” “Dirty politicians playing dirty tricks,” he added.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nj-gym-defied-lockdown-order-155730747.html

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #8263 on: May 21, 2020, 02:03:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/youyanggu/status/1263283908914761729

Dine-in restaurants should be one of the last things to open.

Tripon

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #8265 on: May 21, 2020, 02:14:31 PM »

A whole meal is too long to be confined to one space with the public rn, yeah

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #8266 on: May 21, 2020, 02:19:46 PM »

Something I've been thinking which that data reinforces: as things open back up, we'll probably see way more people at bars and restaurants than we "should," but it will still be way down from same time last year.

Tripon

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #8270 on: May 21, 2020, 03:24:39 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/OkCountySheriff/status/1262825685036535809

Furloughed citizens who have not gotten their unemployment benefits because of a broken system are fast tracked evicted from their homes because they cannot pay rent.
rub

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #8271 on: May 21, 2020, 03:29:34 PM »

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #8272 on: May 21, 2020, 03:43:56 PM »

Something I've been thinking which that data reinforces: as things open back up, we'll probably see way more people at bars and restaurants than we "should," but it will still be way down from same time last year.
Yeah. Sweden, for example, may not have locked down but most Sweden chose to self-isolate anyway. Even if the government allows dining-in, I'd imagine most people would still choose not to risk it, at least in areas that have been hard hit.

https://twitter.com/DWUhlfelderLaw/status/1263503578578202626
Time to fire the new person in charge of Florida's coronavirus website.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #8273 on: May 21, 2020, 04:05:59 PM »
Time to fire the new person in charge of Florida's coronavirus website.

Ron DeSantis looking at the numbers

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8275 on: May 21, 2020, 04:45:34 PM »
saudi directly to jailness  :whew

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #8276 on: May 21, 2020, 04:49:49 PM »
you are allowed to smack a bitch if you shout she belong to the streets before you do it :rash
(ice)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8277 on: May 21, 2020, 04:50:05 PM »
make them humble  :lol

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #8278 on: May 21, 2020, 05:08:24 PM »
It's only acceptable if Stro is putting them in the figure four like Jeff Jarrett.

team filler

• filler
  • filler