Author Topic: The Bore Steam Thread :monocle  (Read 1030341 times)

archnemesis

Re: The Bore Steam Thread :monocle
« Reply #4500 on: September 28, 2013, 03:41:40 PM »
You can compare it with Front Mission, Tactics Ogre, or Suikoden Tactics if you prefer any of those. In the end it's the same old grid-based combat with weapons and skills.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #4501 on: September 28, 2013, 03:43:39 PM »
New Steam game. WARNING: May contain Japan.

Fuck yeah Bunny Must Die. :rock
Hi

mjemirzian

« Reply #4502 on: September 29, 2013, 12:33:03 PM »
What's the combat speed on Gorky 17 like?

archnemesis

« Reply #4503 on: September 29, 2013, 12:55:48 PM »
Combat speed wasn't an issue for me. In the beginning of the game you have a small party and you only face 1-4 enemies at once. Battles are short. You should definitely give it a try since you appreciate difficult games.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4504 on: September 29, 2013, 02:33:03 PM »
There's a rumor that there's gonna be an indie bundle soon with Septerra Core and Gorky. I think I'll wait and see if that materializes.
©@©™

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #4505 on: September 30, 2013, 11:18:13 AM »
You can compare it with Front Mission, Tactics Ogre, or Suikoden Tactics if you prefer any of those. In the end it's the same old grid-based combat with weapons and skills.

Sounds good

so what's the consensus gorky or septerra?

Gorky is like X-COM or FF: Tactics. Very fine game but quite difficult.

Septerra is like a cheap FF7 knock-off. When it came out there were like 0 jRPGs on the PC, so it felt quite good. I'd recommend it for no more than $5.

They are both $2.50 atm, at least they were yesterday but as joe posted they will probably be in a bundle so i'll probably wait it out.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4506 on: October 02, 2013, 09:49:53 AM »
Daikatana is on Steam.

Never played it.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4507 on: October 02, 2013, 12:37:27 PM »
And it best remain that way.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4508 on: October 02, 2013, 12:58:55 PM »
It's a janky, mediocre, late-90's FPS. If that sounds like something you really just gotta play...
dog

mjemirzian

« Reply #4509 on: October 02, 2013, 01:02:09 PM »
Combat speed wasn't an issue for me. In the beginning of the game you have a small party and you only face 1-4 enemies at once. Battles are short. You should definitely give it a try since you appreciate difficult games.
Yeah most western developed tactics games are on the hardcore side, especially compared to most SRPGs. I'll give it a try sometime, it's on my backlog. :'(

Never played Daikatana but I'm reminded of the 'your buddy superfly' joke from years ago.

cool breeze

« Reply #4510 on: October 03, 2013, 01:21:46 PM »
If anyone owns Bioshock 2 on Steam, it updated to remove GFWL and added Minerva's Den DLC for free. (and controller support)

If you bought the retail copy, that old GFWL key now activates the game on Steam.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 01:28:46 PM by fryinghigh »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4511 on: October 03, 2013, 01:35:16 PM »
Time to play some Biocock :drool
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4512 on: October 03, 2013, 02:15:13 PM »
If anyone owns Bioshock 2 on Steam, it updated to remove GFWL and added Minerva's Den DLC for free. (and controller support)

:bow
dog

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #4513 on: October 03, 2013, 02:36:59 PM »
Minerva's Den FOR FREE?

HOLY SHIT

:rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4514 on: October 04, 2013, 09:44:07 AM »
Too bad Bioshock is boring

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4515 on: October 04, 2013, 03:54:56 PM »
Too bad Bioshock is boring

You're boring.
dog

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #4516 on: October 05, 2013, 03:00:34 AM »
I got some coupons today for 33% off Foul play and 25% off Volgarr the Viking if anyone wants them.
itm

Big Barry Jazz

« Reply #4517 on: October 05, 2013, 07:53:16 AM »
Huh, the bioshock 2 multi is actually pretty fun. Never would have known if they didn't strip out the gfwl crap. Invisibility plasmid and shotgun seems like a pretty overpowered combination and I seem to be a damn surgeon with the crossbow.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4518 on: October 08, 2013, 04:03:28 AM »
I believe so. I think it's the price that appears on the market.

Just from personal experience I've found pricing at it which then adds Valve's two/three cents on top it tends to take a longer time to sell. Pricing at exactly or a penny above that as the "total price" (with Valve's cut) tends to sell pretty fast. Often in like fifteen minutes or less if you hit it exactly.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4519 on: October 08, 2013, 02:15:23 PM »
There's a rumor that there's gonna be an indie bundle soon with Septerra Core and Gorky. I think I'll wait and see if that materializes.

Doesn't have Gorky, but you can get Septerra Core and some other guff for $3.49:

http://techland.time.com/2013/10/08/jane-jensen-is-remaking-gabriel-knight-sins-of-the-fathers/
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:17:43 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4520 on: October 08, 2013, 03:46:12 PM »
Squeenix has graced Steam with Pandemonium. I loved this game on the PSUno. :lawd

Also, Chainsaw Warrior is out for $5, and it's some Games Workshop card game were you fight zombies or whatever. I played it for a few minutes and it seemed cool for $5.
©@©™

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #4521 on: October 09, 2013, 12:50:16 AM »
http://store.steampowered.com/app/247020/?snr=1__4__105

Cook Serve Delicious. Out on steam now. Good game. Made by some gaffer.

cool breeze

« Reply #4522 on: October 09, 2013, 02:12:24 AM »
yeah, it's been out on iOS and Android for some time.  If anyone remembers Ore no Ryouri for PS1 (or "that import cooking game on the playstation underground demo disc"), it's pretty much that.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4523 on: October 09, 2013, 12:52:37 PM »
Please support 2011's GOTY by purchasing it now on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251370/
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4524 on: October 10, 2013, 01:10:25 PM »
Lots of Capcom games on sale starting today.
dog

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
B^U
« Reply #4525 on: October 10, 2013, 01:58:47 PM »
fat

benjipwns

« Reply #4526 on: October 10, 2013, 02:46:55 PM »
Bundle with Gorky is up: http://www.indiegala.com/

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4527 on: October 10, 2013, 02:49:48 PM »
Bundle Stars has Septerra Core:
http://www.bundlestars.com/
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #4528 on: October 10, 2013, 03:04:24 PM »
Jet Set Radio is $1.25 on Gamersgate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-JSR/jet-set-radio

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4529 on: October 10, 2013, 03:10:56 PM »
http://store.steampowered.com/app/238960/?snr=1_4_4__105_1

Diablo 3 gets released on dirtperson consoles, Path of Exile comes to Steam.  :gaben
©@©™

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #4530 on: October 11, 2013, 07:33:13 PM »
attention guys! talisman DE is getting an early access release on steam this monday,no online implemented yet but you can play with 3 other AI player

i might actualy have to buy it when it get released,no point in playing a board game all by myself :S
<----

G The Resurrected

« Reply #4531 on: October 17, 2013, 02:50:44 AM »
Anyone in the family beta? I got in but haven't done anything with it yet. I'd be interested in adding someone to my family to see how it is.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #4532 on: October 17, 2013, 10:24:48 AM »
Anyone in the family beta? I got in but haven't done anything with it yet. I'd be interested in adding someone to my family to see how it is.

Same here.
AMC

cool breeze

« Reply #4533 on: October 17, 2013, 01:51:34 PM »
Both Batman games were updated to remove games for windows live.  Because save data was tied to GFWL, it seems you lose all your save data.   And I think you get the DLC for free? the GOTY editions showed up in my steam list.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #4534 on: October 17, 2013, 03:08:36 PM »
Both Batman games were updated to remove games for windows live.  Because save data was tied to GFWL, it seems you lose all your save data.   And I think you get the DLC for free? the GOTY editions showed up in my steam list.

Yea I think it will update any standard edition to GOTY versions.

Sucks about the save file though  :-\

Edit: AC GOTY edition is a separate steam id so I have the 2 versions of the game in my list now  :lol
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 03:36:46 PM by Purple Filth »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4535 on: October 17, 2013, 03:13:16 PM »

GFWL getting it's revenge from beyond the grave.
©@©™

Purple Filth

« Reply #4536 on: October 17, 2013, 03:14:55 PM »

GFWL getting it's revenge from beyond the grave.

A final hurrah I guess.

Might just start Arkham Asylum on Hard this time around

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #4537 on: October 17, 2013, 04:02:50 PM »
are you fucking kidding god dammit

i played thru city the first time with my "free" version but didnt get to try new game plus because it erased my save file immediately after i beat the game. then i buy it off steam a few months ago and replay it but i tell myself im gonna wait a few months before i finally give new game plus a go. NOW IM FUCKED AGAIN THANKS A FUCKING LOT MICROSOFT
pcp

Purple Filth

« Reply #4538 on: October 17, 2013, 10:02:06 PM »
are you fucking kidding god dammit

i played thru city the first time with my "free" version but didnt get to try new game plus because it erased my save file immediately after i beat the game. then i buy it off steam a few months ago and replay it but i tell myself im gonna wait a few months before i finally give new game plus a go. NOW IM FUCKED AGAIN THANKS A FUCKING LOT MICROSOFT

Apparently there is a way to get the saves but you need a hex editor

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #4539 on: October 17, 2013, 11:37:43 PM »
i will edit these hexes and get my saves
pcp

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #4540 on: October 18, 2013, 12:04:00 AM »
well thank god i only played like an hour of asylum (recently, been meaning to play it)
AMC

benjipwns

« Reply #4541 on: October 18, 2013, 01:20:51 AM »
Edit: AC GOTY edition is a separate steam id so I have the 2 versions of the game in my list now  :lol
Yeah, the Batman games are one of the games that's like this.

It leads to a situation where you can't buy GOTY or in GTA IV's case "Complete" editions because Steam thinks you already own it because they removed the non-GOTY version from the store. (And often nobody bothers to put the DLC on sale once that happens.)

That said, I gladly accept GOTY versions for free, thanks Warner/Rocksteady! (You too Microsoft, this wouldn't have happened without your tremendous efforts on the PC this generation.)

Purple Filth

« Reply #4542 on: October 18, 2013, 03:00:47 AM »
Yeah, the Batman games are one of the games that's like this.

It leads to a situation where you can't buy GOTY or in GTA IV's case "Complete" editions because Steam thinks you already own it because they removed the non-GOTY version from the store. (And often nobody bothers to put the DLC on sale once that happens.)

That said, I gladly accept GOTY versions for free, thanks Warner/Rocksteady! (You too Microsoft, this wouldn't have happened without your tremendous efforts on the PC this generation.)

Sucks to hear about that GTA IV stuff and yea I don't mind getting the GOTY free even though it will place a dent on my downloading time lol.

Plus I can actually see Arkham City on the Store in my client now since it no longer has the region bullshit

benjipwns

« Reply #4543 on: October 18, 2013, 03:10:23 AM »
GTA IV's was/is extra broken because there's GTA IV, GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City and GTA IV: Complete. And they'd always put the latter on sale, but not the Episodes, yet if you had the first one you couldn't purchase the Complete Edition. Eventually someone must have noticed/notified 2K because they put Episodes on sale.

Now, this was just in Steam. Then you had to deal with GFWL to register the Episodes or some bullshit that had the same problem where you "owned" something discontinued but the system thinks you already had "Complete." (Plus Rockstar Social Club!)

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #4544 on: October 18, 2013, 04:39:20 AM »
Missed getting cheev points on Arkham City :(
itm

Purple Filth

« Reply #4545 on: October 18, 2013, 11:14:14 AM »
GTA IV's was/is extra broken because there's GTA IV, GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City and GTA IV: Complete. And they'd always put the latter on sale, but not the Episodes, yet if you had the first one you couldn't purchase the Complete Edition. Eventually someone must have noticed/notified 2K because they put Episodes on sale.

Now, this was just in Steam. Then you had to deal with GFWL to register the Episodes or some bullshit that had the same problem where you "owned" something discontinued but the system thinks you already had "Complete." (Plus Rockstar Social Club!)

:kobeyuck

After trying it last night I got my Arkham Asylum save to move over (although its kinda pointless overall since I don't get the corresponding achievements :'( ) so even that final "swipe" GFWL tried to do mainly failed :smug

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4546 on: October 23, 2013, 01:49:11 PM »
Path of Exile is ready to go.
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4547 on: October 23, 2013, 02:02:51 PM »
Almost finished downloading. No cards at the start, but what the hell, at least I won't have to activate my account every time I log in from now on.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4548 on: October 24, 2013, 03:59:17 PM »
Every time I see the Steam version of Mass Effect on sale it makes me irrationally angry because it doesn't come with the DLC, forcing you to go through Bioware's garbage store and then download and install each piece individually. :maf
dog

Pringo

« Reply #4549 on: October 24, 2013, 04:37:47 PM »
Do you guys have any good methods for dealing with Steam coupons? I've got a whole page of them that I don't plan on using thanks to the card/badge stuff but it feels like a waste to just let them sit there and expire.

archnemesis

« Reply #4550 on: October 24, 2013, 04:41:16 PM »
I sometimes post them in donation threads, but 90% of the time nobody wants them.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #4551 on: October 25, 2013, 12:43:31 PM »
One of the best/weirdest games of this generation and it's finally on PC

$19.99
SRY

Big Barry Jazz

« Reply #4552 on: October 25, 2013, 03:30:57 PM »
So gamestop has managed to pull some steam keys for Ghostbusters and Riddick from somewhere.

I'm after Ghostbusters but apparently the money of anyone outside the US isn't good enough for them and a VPN won't cut it, so could any kindly Borean help me out? Sorted
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 05:14:45 AM by Big Barry Jazz »

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #4553 on: October 26, 2013, 01:46:19 AM »
Just dawned on me I never added my Steam name to this thread.

Steam Name:Stoney Mason

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
« Reply #4554 on: October 26, 2013, 10:35:53 PM »
The PC version of The Pinball Arcade will finally show up next Friday. The master race has no excuse not to try it out now.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #4555 on: October 27, 2013, 03:05:22 AM »
Is steam support not active on weekends? I have no access to any of my games and it's driving me insane.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4556 on: October 27, 2013, 04:03:34 AM »
Yup.

What happened with your account?

G The Resurrected

« Reply #4557 on: October 27, 2013, 04:12:00 AM »
My bank card was compromised a few weeks back and my bank was stupid enough to do a charge back. And since the card is no longer active the institution that issued the card can't reverse the charge back. Valve is all business about stuff like this and decided to auto ban my account. I can't even play in offline mode! I contacted them on thursday when I was notified of the issue and haven't heard anything since.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4558 on: October 27, 2013, 04:20:53 AM »
Ugh. Yeah, it's as you say, they're complete hard-asses about charge-backs. I don't know why they shutter the entire account when this happens and not just the game(s) in question.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #4559 on: October 27, 2013, 04:34:13 AM »
I think it's a rather poor way of doing things especially given they don't have a huge dedicated customer service center. If they did and things could be handled in a timely manner I might understand if it only took a few minutes of my time to correct, but days are bullshit. And I guess it was friday in which they told cut me off not thursday, but thats when they sent the email about it. It would make things so much easier if they just allowed you the user to add a different card so I could pay the amount that was charged back and get it all solved.

What sucks is the purchase was a gift for one of our own members. And now I look like an ass due to my bank's issues.