Author Topic: The Bore Steam Thread :monocle  (Read 1030328 times)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Re: The Bore Steam Thread :monocle
« Reply #4560 on: October 28, 2013, 04:13:17 AM »
Hope it gets resolved soon.

I have a much more minor issue: Steam nuked my categories. I only had three (Done, Backlog and MP) but it's still annoying. First time it happened to me. Why does it do this? Woah, nevermind, they're back!

Big Barry Jazz

« Reply #4561 on: October 29, 2013, 05:28:06 AM »
I have a much more minor issue: Steam nuked my categories. I only had three (Done, Backlog and MP) but it's still annoying. First time it happened to me. Why does it do this? Woah, nevermind, they're back!

If you've had that account a while then I'm impressed it's only just happened. Other than having slightly different names, I keep exactly the same catagories as you. Best to keep it simple.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4562 on: October 29, 2013, 05:38:04 AM »
Had the account since May '07. Knock on wood, I guess.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #4563 on: October 29, 2013, 08:53:57 AM »
For as great as STEAM is, Valve's support is absolutely terribad.
nat

G The Resurrected

« Reply #4564 on: October 29, 2013, 02:22:12 PM »
Still no resolution to my issues. I did finally get a phone number out of them since my issue is rather complicated. I tried calling it yesterday and got a really rude person who obviously hates their job. I asked about other forms of resolution and the only other option it seems is to get into a time machine and stop the charge back from ever occurring.  They told me I either find a way to reverse the charge back or my account will be deleted in 9 weeks (Dec 26th). I'm basically being held hostage by Valve for all of my PC games since they've locked out offline play.

As someone who has been on steam since before HL2 was available and never once had an issue you'd think they would understand. But no they want me to understand their flawed logic and archaic business practices. Their are other ways to solve this solution, but Valve does not see that. They won't take another form of payment in this case and I find that to be the biggest issue. Had they just allowed me to put the charge on the card I got as a replacement all of this would have been solved by now. Instead I'm having to hound my institution for a solution to reverse a charge back. It's all on me to do everything to get this solved and Valve doesn't seem to understand that it isn't possible.  I've already got affidavit from the bank coming in the mail to explain the situation and the reasons behind why they can't reverse it. I'm going to try and find a way to get that to Valve in hopes they resolve this issue. I might have to look into getting some legal help to get this sorted if it gets closer to Dec 26th.

All of this cause of a $5.99 charge back... 

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4565 on: October 29, 2013, 03:14:29 PM »
100 new games greenlit, some of the highlights are

Beast Boxing Turbo
Eryi's Action (an cutesy "I Wanna Be The Guy" style platformer)
Eschalon Book III
Fading Hearts (dating sim thing lol)
Frozen Hearth (eurojank RTS/RPG)
iRacing.com
Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery (Vita port)
The Real Texas (weird-ass adventure game)
Science Girls (wacky-jappy RPG)
Suguri Collection (shootan)
Vanguard Princess
You Are Not the Hero (RPG thing from kickstarter)

Some other stuff that might be good, but those were the games I'd heard of before.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/765/announcements/detail/1515752692971060218
©@©™

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #4566 on: October 29, 2013, 03:51:43 PM »
eryi's action is awesome,it often trick you into moving in a certain manner or do something that you would find it obvious and then make fun of you for doing it usualy by killing you in a "take that,player! bet you didn't expect that uh?" fashion...

it's more like that sega joke game (pole big adventure?) than i wanna be the guy since once you know something is there it's (usualy) pretty easy to dodge but it's pretty short and frankly not worth the value other than for a cheap laugh

yes,this gif sums the game pretty well,if you ever watched asshole/kaizou mario it's like that but more centered on the "ah-ah" part than the one that are just plain hard
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 04:20:28 PM by magus »
<----

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #4567 on: October 29, 2013, 04:06:32 PM »
100 new games greenlit, some of the highlights are

Beast Boxing Turbo
Eryi's Action (an cutesy "I Wanna Be The Guy" style platformer)
Eschalon Book III
Fading Hearts (dating sim thing lol)
Frozen Hearth (eurojank RTS/RPG)
iRacing.com
Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery (Vita port)
The Real Texas (weird-ass adventure game)
Science Girls (wacky-jappy RPG)
Suguri Collection (shootan)
Vanguard Princess
You Are Not the Hero (RPG thing from kickstarter)

Some other stuff that might be good, but those were the games I'd heard of before.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/765/announcements/detail/1515752692971060218

Tower of Guns!
nat

Big Barry Jazz

« Reply #4568 on: October 29, 2013, 04:11:30 PM »
That does sound like some serious bullshit from steam, G. Did they actually say they were going to nuke the account? I thought they only suspended them now.

I think it comes down to who you reach at customer services as some of them are far more helpful than others. Sounds like you got one that just wants to follow the book.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4569 on: October 29, 2013, 04:40:30 PM »
but it's pretty short and frankly not worth the value other than for a cheap laugh

I got it from some cheap bundle a while back and it was fun for an afternoon. But yeah, I wouldn't pay more than like $3 for it.
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4570 on: October 29, 2013, 04:46:19 PM »
G, that sucks that they blocked your whole account. I didn't think they did that anymore. Last time someone posted about a chargeback on GAF, it seemed like they just removed the game from their account and then put a 30 day freeze on buying any games for a first offense. I hope you can get it sorted out soon.
©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4571 on: October 29, 2013, 05:07:12 PM »
Still no resolution to my issues. I did finally get a phone number out of them since my issue is rather complicated. I tried calling it yesterday and got a really rude person who obviously hates their job. I asked about other forms of resolution and the only other option it seems is to get into a time machine and stop the charge back from ever occurring.  They told me I either find a way to reverse the charge back or my account will be deleted in 9 weeks (Dec 26th). I'm basically being held hostage by Valve for all of my PC games since they've locked out offline play.

As someone who has been on steam since before HL2 was available and never once had an issue you'd think they would understand. But no they want me to understand their flawed logic and archaic business practices. Their are other ways to solve this solution, but Valve does not see that. They won't take another form of payment in this case and I find that to be the biggest issue. Had they just allowed me to put the charge on the card I got as a replacement all of this would have been solved by now. Instead I'm having to hound my institution for a solution to reverse a charge back. It's all on me to do everything to get this solved and Valve doesn't seem to understand that it isn't possible.  I've already got affidavit from the bank coming in the mail to explain the situation and the reasons behind why they can't reverse it. I'm going to try and find a way to get that to Valve in hopes they resolve this issue. I might have to look into getting some legal help to get this sorted if it gets closer to Dec 26th.

All of this cause of a $5.99 charge back...

RIP, serves you right for buying on Steam
fat

G The Resurrected

« Reply #4572 on: October 29, 2013, 05:44:59 PM »
G, that sucks that they blocked your whole account. I didn't think they did that anymore. Last time someone posted about a chargeback on GAF, it seemed like they just removed the game from their account and then put a 30 day freeze on buying any games for a first offense. I hope you can get it sorted out soon.
Everything I've looked at for charge backs indicates that it should be a suspension. But the person handling my case seems to be a dick. This is my first offense if you even want to call it that.
That does sound like some serious bullshit from steam, G. Did they actually say they were going to nuke the account? I thought they only suspended them now.

I think it comes down to who you reach at customer services as some of them are far more helpful than others. Sounds like you got one that just wants to follow the book.

The CSR I spoke with said that my account is up for deletion after that date. I can only hope they don't follow through with it.

Demi what other service am I supposed to use? Am I supposed to go back to console gaming? Steam is the only way when it comes to PC games outside of Origin.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #4573 on: October 31, 2013, 10:27:29 AM »
Steam as a service and a program has always been a piece of shit. They're great for cheap games, or selling imaginary cards/hats to other people for store credit...and that's about it.

What happens when you buy a Steambox and they 86 your account because of something like that? Have fun with your useless $600 PC, sucker.
sup

G The Resurrected

« Reply #4574 on: October 31, 2013, 11:45:46 AM »
Well I'm really seriously considering that after this I might be done on steam. DRM is only as good as the policies and practices of the company that enforces them. And in my case Valve has failed me. I believe it is up to the companies (Valve and my institution) rather than myself to have to verify information and communicate between the two parties. Valve is being nothing but child like in saying its not their problem and they can't be bothered to help in any meaningful way. Then on the other hand I have my institution who is willing to work with Valve on figuring out a solution to the problem. But because of Valve's policies they won't even do that. So here I am stuck in the middle and it's not fun.

For a company that has had years of good luck. I can only wish that they start getting their shit together and fix problems like these. Their customer service is atrocious and archaic in how they deal with things.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #4575 on: October 31, 2013, 12:00:23 PM »
I was using "you" as a general term, btw, not saying that you personally are a sucker. What happened to you could happen to anyone using Steam.
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #4576 on: October 31, 2013, 12:02:43 PM »
It's probably gonna take a few highly-publicized lawsuits for them to change the way they currently handle this type of situation. That's bound to start  happening when the Steamboxes start rolling out.
sup

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #4577 on: October 31, 2013, 12:42:11 PM »
Have you tried calling them back? You said you got a poor CS rep before but that doesnt mean you'll get another? I understand you don't feel the onus should be on you but clearly in this case nothing is gonna happen unless you make it happen.
nat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4578 on: October 31, 2013, 12:45:55 PM »
Fire off an email about what you're going through to IGN or Kotaku or something, maybe it'll gin up some negative press and get Valve to change their mind.
dog

hampster

« Reply #4579 on: October 31, 2013, 03:28:12 PM »
Sorry G :( That definitely sounds like something that would be fixed before the weekend was over if posted on reddit or gaf and gained some traction. It sucks they can't just fix it on their own without outside pressure
Zzz

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4580 on: October 31, 2013, 04:05:36 PM »
I hope you don't mind G, I posted about this in the Steam thread at GAF to see if anyone knows the secret sauce for dealing with this kind of BS.
©@©™

G The Resurrected

« Reply #4581 on: October 31, 2013, 06:16:21 PM »
I've tried calling them back to no avail I believe that the number is a one time use 866 number that is associated with the case file number. And since my case was closed by Valve I just went and reopened it. The CSR also gave me a fax number to fax them the affidavit to. I'm hoping that they reopen the case and look at the information I have given to them. If they don't do that I'm going to be taking it to Kotaku since they will post just about anything to get clicks.

Super annoying that this happened especially given the sales and their limited time deals. As well I had just bought two games that very same day with my Steam wallet funds.

I don't mind if anyone posts the information elsewhere as visibility will only get attention in a positive light and not in a negative one. If anything it will show people that Steam isn't all its cracked up to be.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4582 on: November 01, 2013, 05:00:07 AM »
Might as well forward this to based Gaben. http://valvesoftware.com/email.php?recipient=Gabe+Newell

No guarantee that he'll get around to it in time, but he supposedly reads every mail he gets. Worth a shot.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 05:02:54 AM by Rufus »

G The Resurrected

« Reply #4583 on: November 04, 2013, 12:19:31 AM »
Steamgate has continued into another week. Someone was nice enough to unlock my account, but I can not purchase anything till it gets resolved. I can finally play my games now!

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4584 on: November 04, 2013, 12:23:04 AM »
Someone was nice enough to unlock my account, but I can not purchase anything till it gets resolved. I can finally play my games now!

Stockholm Syndrome.
dog

G The Resurrected

« Reply #4585 on: November 04, 2013, 03:54:26 AM »
nah it's not like that. Its still unexcusable how they have continued to treat me through all of this. I can only hope that something changes down the road that gets them to not deal with situations in the way they have.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #4586 on: November 04, 2013, 12:25:04 PM »
sup

cool breeze

« Reply #4587 on: November 05, 2013, 01:46:46 PM »
Humble WB Bundle (not up until Thursday)

F.E.A.R. 2
F.3.A.R
LotR: War in the North
Batman: Arkham Aslyum GotY

Beat the Average
Batman: Arkham City GotY
Scribblenauts Unlimited

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4588 on: November 05, 2013, 01:54:25 PM »
Grim Dawn early access beta for $26.99 is now available.
dog

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #4589 on: November 05, 2013, 02:00:31 PM »
I am upset about spending 12.50 combined on AA and AC. Wow, I am a cheap fuck.
AMC

Big Barry Jazz

« Reply #4590 on: November 05, 2013, 02:14:13 PM »
Humble WB Bundle (not up until Thursday)

It's up now. Thursday is for the weekly bundles.

One of the quickest drops in the average price I've ever seen, but it's starting to recover.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4591 on: November 05, 2013, 02:19:00 PM »

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #4592 on: November 07, 2013, 05:31:17 PM »
AOE II dlc???
itm

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #4593 on: November 07, 2013, 05:40:48 PM »
AMC

Pringo

« Reply #4594 on: November 07, 2013, 05:57:10 PM »

Anyone know what the deal with this is? A bunch of random apps showed up in my library today.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #4595 on: November 07, 2013, 06:47:46 PM »
wtf.

me too
nat

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4596 on: November 09, 2013, 01:00:04 PM »
Made $3 selling Long Live the Queen cards. Not bad for a $9 game. :larry
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #4597 on: November 19, 2013, 01:14:57 PM »
http://store.steampowered.com/app/251610/

Time to Party!
After Raquelle accidentally switches the helpful house butler "Closet" to "Party Game" mode, Barbie and her friends must party and play their way through the Dreamhouse to switch Closet back to "Normal" mode.

Featuring the characters and world from the Barbie™ Life in the Dreamhouse web series, where you can play as one of your favorite characters
Play a variety of mini-games from fashion to dancing, pet grooming and accessorizing
Customize characters in today’s latest fashions, as well as with styles from the show
Explore the Dreamhouse and collect photos to display on the Barbie Inspiration wall

pilonv1

« Reply #4598 on: November 20, 2013, 06:23:35 AM »
http://store.steampowered.com/app/265020/

Totally gifting this to someone at Xmas

spoiler (click to show/hide)
cricket is awesome
[close]
itm

archie4208

« Reply #4599 on: November 20, 2013, 08:50:57 AM »
http://store.steampowered.com/app/251610/

Time to Party!
After Raquelle accidentally switches the helpful house butler "Closet" to "Party Game" mode, Barbie and her friends must party and play their way through the Dreamhouse to switch Closet back to "Normal" mode.

Featuring the characters and world from the Barbie™ Life in the Dreamhouse web series, where you can play as one of your favorite characters
Play a variety of mini-games from fashion to dancing, pet grooming and accessorizing
Customize characters in today’s latest fashions, as well as with styles from the show
Explore the Dreamhouse and collect photos to display on the Barbie Inspiration wall

:wag

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm surprised you haven't already bought it.
[close]

Big Barry Jazz

« Reply #4600 on: November 20, 2013, 09:42:40 AM »
There's a guy on my friends list playing it. Scary thing is I think he has every game on steam but right now all he's interested in is the Barbie.

pilonv1

« Reply #4601 on: November 21, 2013, 05:13:15 AM »
Probably Valis
itm

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4602 on: November 21, 2013, 10:09:41 AM »
I bought Tower of Guns from the IndieGameStand sale, which offers direct download. I'd rather play through Steam; has anyone else tried to get it on Steam Greenlight via IGS?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4603 on: November 21, 2013, 10:12:10 AM »
I bought Tower of Guns from the IndieGameStand sale, which offers direct download. I'd rather play through Steam; has anyone else tried to get it on Steam Greenlight via IGS?

It's not on Steam yet, as far as I know. They'll probably send out keys once it is.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4604 on: November 21, 2013, 10:28:14 AM »
Tower of Guns has been greenlit, but it's not on Steam yet. They'll send out keys once its been released.
©@©™

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #4605 on: November 21, 2013, 01:55:35 PM »
you mother fuckers. i was hyping Tower of Guns like 6 months ago.
nat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4606 on: November 21, 2013, 02:00:52 PM »
Rage has a Free Weekend. Enough time to finish the game, I think. 17.6GB install :stahp
http://store.steampowered.com/app/9200/

Big Barry Jazz

« Reply #4608 on: November 21, 2013, 04:27:18 PM »
If you've got the patience to wade through a sea of dross, here's a complete list of what Amazon will have on sale, and when. Think I'll pick up Rogue Trooper.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4609 on: November 21, 2013, 04:41:42 PM »
Rage has a Free Weekend. Enough time to finish the game, I think. 17.6GB install :stahp
http://store.steampowered.com/app/9200/

Skip as much of the driving as you can, don't bother doing any of the side missions that involve mucking around in your car in the wastes. RAGE really could have been a great game if they'd just dropped all the open-world aspects and concentrated solely on corridor shooting [which is pretty amazing].
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4610 on: November 21, 2013, 04:57:53 PM »
Thx, will do.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4611 on: November 21, 2013, 07:01:31 PM »
The Last Express: Gold Edition :aah
©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4612 on: November 21, 2013, 07:04:12 PM »
fat

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #4614 on: November 21, 2013, 08:17:16 PM »
If you've got the patience to wade through a sea of dross, here's a complete list of what Amazon will have on sale, and when. Think I'll pick up Rogue Trooper.

currently reading tales of nu earth omnibuses.  i'll grab the game
Tonya

pilonv1

« Reply #4615 on: November 21, 2013, 10:18:56 PM »
Civ V gold and Brave New World is a great price.
itm

Big Barry Jazz

« Reply #4616 on: November 23, 2013, 04:38:06 AM »
currently reading tales of nu earth omnibuses.  i'll grab the game

I guess I should be happy with how they've handled the comic, but you'd think Rebellion would have done more with it on the game side of things. A shitty Dredd game, Rogue Trooper, and then nothing for 7 years seems like a missed opportunity.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #4617 on: November 24, 2013, 06:25:14 AM »
Went to go play some late night FTL and guess what, my account has been suspended yet again... OH FOR FUCKS SAKE GIVE ME A GOD DAMN BREAK. I wonder how much bullshit I'll have to go through this time. As I haven't even purchased a game since this first started.

pilonv1

« Reply #4618 on: November 24, 2013, 09:45:48 PM »
That sucks :( Hope you get it sorted.

Maybe someone is trying to hack it?
itm

benjipwns

« Reply #4619 on: November 25, 2013, 02:43:57 PM »
November 25, 2013 - Valve today announced the beta launch of Steam Reviews, adding more ways Steam users may share their experiences with others and make more informed purchase decisions.

Users considering a purchase on Steam may now browse reviews from friends and the community, leave comments on reviews, and indicate which reviews they found helpful.

Once a user has played a game or used a software title on Steam, they are able to write a review of that product and share their experience with everyone on Steam.

Steam Reviews is an evolution of the Recommendation system that has been a part of Steam since 2010. Over the past few years, Steam users have written over 7 million Recommendations of games and software to their friends. Those Recommendations have been upgraded to Steam Reviews. As such, users may now choose to make their past Recommendations visible as Reviews to everyone on Steam, if they wish, by visiting their list of Reviews and changing the settings accordingly.

Steam Reviews is currently in open beta, accessible to any Steam user.

For more information, please visit www.steampowered.com/reviews