Author Topic: The Bore Steam Thread :monocle  (Read 1030341 times)

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
Re: The Bore Steam Thread :monocle
« Reply #4620 on: November 25, 2013, 03:55:15 PM »
currently reading tales of nu earth omnibuses.  i'll grab the game

I guess I should be happy with how they've handled the comic, but you'd think Rebellion would have done more with it on the game side of things. A shitty Dredd game, Rogue Trooper, and then nothing for 7 years seems like a missed opportunity.

Yeah it would be nice, but I think it would be really hard to really capture the inspired insanity I'm finding in these old Warrior / 2000AD comics onto a video game.  Weirdly enough, Marlow Briggs has really nailed it for me.  It's funny, it's dark, it's full of insane set pieces and it's very episodic. 
Tonya

cool breeze

« Reply #4621 on: November 26, 2013, 02:55:39 PM »
There's going to be a steam sale later this week, right?

no weeklong sales and steam usually has something up for thanksgiving.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #4622 on: November 26, 2013, 04:08:57 PM »
will it start tomorrow or thursday?

my body is ready
pcp

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4623 on: November 26, 2013, 04:29:41 PM »
That accidental leak from that Russian developer said November 27-December 3rd for the Autumn sale.

And December 19-January 2 for the Winter one.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #4624 on: November 26, 2013, 04:40:50 PM »
boner incoming
pcp

Big Barry Jazz

« Reply #4625 on: November 27, 2013, 04:12:06 AM »
Yeah it would be nice, but I think it would be really hard to really capture the inspired insanity I'm finding in these old Warrior / 2000AD comics onto a video game.  Weirdly enough, Marlow Briggs has really nailed it for me.  It's funny, it's dark, it's full of insane set pieces and it's very episodic.

I'd have thought a Strontium Dog game would have been interesting, but if they wanted something more ground to earth they could have a game based on the recent Dredd film. Given how hard that bombed it's likely that none of the 2000AD properties have any pull with the public so it's probably just as well I don't get to make any decisions at Rebellion.

Anyway, Rogue Trooper deal is live if you still want it.

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #4626 on: November 27, 2013, 08:56:02 AM »
awesome. thanks!

edit:  I had some kind of promotion on my account so it ended up being free
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 08:58:54 AM by Eric P »
Tonya

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4627 on: November 27, 2013, 08:56:53 AM »
So I've installed Titan Quest and Immortal Throne again and I've run into the weirdest issue. It doesn't download the text files if you install the English version. Not sure if that's just an issue for non-US accounts, but the whole folder is missing. A user has even made a guide on how to fixt it. :neogaf
Switching to German created the folder and downloaded the text file properly. Switching back to English removes it again. This is so weird.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4628 on: November 29, 2013, 04:32:45 AM »

I'd have thought a Strontium Dog game would have been interesting, but if they wanted something more ground to earth they could have a game based on the recent Dredd film. Given how hard that bombed it's likely that none of the 2000AD properties have any pull with the public so it's probably just as well I don't get to make any decisions at Rebellion.

The DREDD movie bombed, or the game based on it bombed? I have no insight on either, as neither had any heat at all here in Japan.

Is the Rogue Trooper game any good?

archnemesis

« Reply #4629 on: November 29, 2013, 05:15:44 AM »
The game is quite old now, but I enjoyed Rogue Trooper when it was new despite never having read any of the comics. It's a third-person shooter that you'll beat in 6 hours.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4630 on: November 29, 2013, 09:18:42 AM »

The DREDD movie bombed, or the game based on it bombed? I have no insight on either, as neither had any heat at all here in Japan.

The movie, there wasn't any game tie-in.
dog

Big Barry Jazz

« Reply #4631 on: November 29, 2013, 09:38:59 AM »

Is the Rogue Trooper game any good?

The movie absolutely cratered. Hasn't been a Dredd game for about a decade.

Like Archnemesis says, the game is quite old but you can still get a kick out of it if you're familiar with the comic, otherwise I'd suggest saving your cash for something more recent. You could do worse for $1.50 though.

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #4632 on: November 29, 2013, 10:47:19 AM »
I'm finding Rogue Trooper to be a bit of fun.  I've played it for about 2 hours and it starts off during the Quartz Massacre, so you play through  Rogue Trooper's "origin" story.  I like the salvage and upgrade method for getting ammo and equipment.  Also the interjections from the biochips of your fallen comrades stands true to how they feel in the comics (still hilarious that they're names are Bagman, Gunnar and Helm). 

The Dredd game looks horribad so i didn't even bother.  The dream game is of course an open world game that just gives you various cases to work while eventually leading up to something like The Apocalypse War done by Volition in full on tongue in cheek Saint's Row mode.
Tonya

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4633 on: December 03, 2013, 08:16:35 AM »
I picked up Stealth Bastard and Party of Sin just before the massive sale. Why do I feel like no-one is going to be playing Party of Sin?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4634 on: December 03, 2013, 01:41:54 PM »
Dark Fall and Dark Fall 2 hit Steam today. Unfortunately no The Lost Crown, but this gives me hope it could happen.
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #4635 on: December 04, 2013, 03:16:05 PM »
©ZH

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4636 on: December 04, 2013, 03:52:30 PM »
I hope you liked your Secret Santa gift, Zero Hero.
©@©™

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #4637 on: December 05, 2013, 01:32:55 PM »
http://store.steampowered.com/app/39150/

FF8 has hit steam and nobody here is talking about it? i was expecting at least himumu or borys to throw some fit or something... anyway it come's with achievement,chocobo world (the pocket station minigame) included and the ability to start with 100 of every low level spell

NEVER AGAIN!
<----

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4638 on: December 05, 2013, 01:51:11 PM »
Someone needs to do a run for the achievement for beating the game with Squall still at Lv. 1.
©@©™

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #4639 on: December 05, 2013, 03:50:45 PM »
http://store.steampowered.com/app/39150/

FF8 has hit steam

come's with achievements

SH-

SHI-

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #4640 on: December 05, 2013, 03:55:22 PM »
Someone needs to do a run for the achievement for beating the game with Squall still at Lv. 1.

squall starts the game at level 7.

i have done this and it is very easy and boring because the bosses arent able to use most their powerful moves and have low hp.
pcp

benjipwns

« Reply #4641 on: December 13, 2013, 09:36:28 PM »
http://store.steampowered.com/app/252530

Chronology function: Relive the change taking place in Spandau between 1986 and 1994! OMSI 2 now replicates the exciting years following the German reunification and all the innovations and route expansions (line 137 to Falkensee) that came along with it. This function also allows temporary changes to maps or routes caused by construction sites or special buses.
Explore the new omnibus line 5 covering a total distance of 12 km from the subway station Ruhleben to the psychiatric clinic Spandau. Thanks to the newly added chronology function you´ll not only be able to drive through Spandau in 1986, but also to relive the changes taking place in Spandau between 1986 and 1994.

Enjoy the charm of the 80s and 90s and find out how the period after the fall of the Berlin Wall was. And this all at wheel of a double-decker or articulated bus.
I hope there's a mission where you drive a bus through the Berlin Wall.

patrickula

« Reply #4642 on: December 13, 2013, 10:59:15 PM »
I mentioned it in the "What are you playing?" thread but in case anyone missed it, Samurai Gunn is out:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/239090/
12 bucks through the 17th.

:bow :bow2

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4643 on: December 27, 2013, 01:38:01 AM »

Need to get this Greenlit, guys!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=197667538

spoiler (click to show/hide)
jk, that art is :yuck
[close]
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4644 on: December 27, 2013, 09:09:15 AM »
$27,000 raised on IndieGogo. :smug
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #4645 on: January 09, 2014, 08:50:00 PM »
http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DavidGalindo/20140109/208337/How_much_do_indie_PC_devs_make_anyways_Part_V.php

From chubigans over on GAF about his (quite good) game Cook, Serve, Delicious! going on Steam and then having a Flash Sale.

tl;dr version: By the powers of gaben, an illegal amount of money.  :gaben

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #4646 on: January 09, 2014, 09:04:16 PM »
:bow :gaben :bow2
AMC

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4647 on: January 09, 2014, 09:51:52 PM »
Steam's where the money's at.
dog

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4648 on: January 10, 2014, 04:09:10 AM »
Thanks for that article, very interesting!

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #4649 on: January 10, 2014, 11:44:40 PM »
so is eye divine cybermancy worth my time or should i relegate it to the trash bin of history
pcp

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4650 on: January 11, 2014, 06:12:07 AM »
At least take a look if you've got it installed already. It's someone's completely bonkers Warhammer 40K + cyber punk fever dream. You'll want to uninstall and never look back either way.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #4651 on: January 14, 2014, 01:04:50 AM »
OG Puzzle Quest and Galactrix are 99 cents right now. Don't buy Galactrix even for 99 cents, but if you don't have the original PQ you should remedy that.
Hi

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #4652 on: January 14, 2014, 01:21:26 AM »
so is eye divine cybermancy worth my time or should i relegate it to the trash bin of history
It's one of those games that delivers on atmosphere in this immense way that games simply don't do anymore (like throwing you head first into the deep end of cybermancy) but it's SEVERELY limited by the Source engine. In concept it's supposed to be akin to Deus Ex but playing it as anything but a mediocre shooter with some neat periphery stuff, like the turn-based RPG style hacking system, leaves a ton to be desired.

Basically it's a really ambitious C-minus kinda game.
SRY

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #4653 on: January 14, 2014, 01:26:27 AM »
Copped Puzzle Quest.
yar

benjipwns

« Reply #4654 on: January 14, 2014, 02:16:27 AM »
OG Puzzle Quest and Galactrix are 99 cents right now. Don't buy Galactrix even for 99 cents, but if you don't have the original PQ you should remedy that.
What's wrong with Galactrix? I already got both because, well, a buck (less some card monies) but I'm curious.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #4655 on: January 14, 2014, 02:26:50 AM »
Well the game they made afterwards was called Puzzle Quest 2, that should answer your questions about quality. For a buck it's not terrible, just not as good as it could/should be.
Hi

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #4656 on: January 14, 2014, 05:18:54 PM »
i still liked galactrix,there was less stuff to do compared to the original but you still had enough customization option and reason to dick around... plus the thing with the gravity board was sweet

but puzzle quest 2? man that one is horrible,i don't even know how they fucked it up that bad,marvel puzzle quest is a mess too
<----

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4657 on: January 15, 2014, 05:12:34 AM »
Puzzle Quest 2 is incredibly boring. I didn't much care for Galactrix either because I found it difficult to predict how the pieces would move.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4658 on: January 15, 2014, 02:03:40 PM »
Is Assassins Creed: Liberation any good? I haven't really played any of the other AC games, but this one has an awesome pirate lady in it.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4659 on: January 15, 2014, 04:23:24 PM »
Top 500 (Public) Steam Accounts

http://tinyurl.com/SteamTop500

#93 checking in. 8)
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4660 on: January 15, 2014, 04:23:48 PM »
Is Assassins Creed: Liberation any good? I haven't really played any of the other AC games, but this one has an awesome pirate lady in it.

:comeon

Play AC2 or Brotherhood instead.

Why?
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4661 on: January 15, 2014, 05:06:57 PM »
Reddit time, gotta chug a few Frappuccinos first:

©@©™

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #4662 on: January 15, 2014, 08:38:47 PM »

Why?

ac2 is when the series first hit its stride, so start with that. i just started liberation and although its fun you can definitely tell its a budget handheld title.
pcp

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #4663 on: January 15, 2014, 09:13:59 PM »

Why?
It might actually be better to give Liberation a shot first because after 2 and Bro you'll probably be done with the series.
SRY

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4664 on: January 16, 2014, 09:15:28 AM »

From the author of Spice and Wolf, Isuna Hasekura, comes WORLD END ECONOMiCA. The opening video features music by Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets, known for the opening songs for High School of the Dead and Strike the Blood.

A three part visual novel set in the far future on the moon, 16 years after humans have begun to colonize it. A young boy named Haru has been chasing his wildest dream. His dream is to stand where no man has stood before, and in order to do so he needs capital, a ludicrous amount of capital. What better place to get that amount of capital by using the stock market? There are two key rules that govern the stock market.

The first rule: Never take a loss.
The second rule: Never forget the first.

Only those who follow these rules are able to obtain enormous wealth...

VOTE FOR THIS OR YOU WILL BE DIED
dog

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #4665 on: January 16, 2014, 09:20:50 AM »
nope
dur

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #4666 on: January 16, 2014, 10:45:32 AM »
©ZH

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4667 on: January 16, 2014, 04:58:36 PM »

#93 checking in. 8)

:neogaf @ JaseC, Valis, and Xelios all being in the top 20, :expert

Too many games

Them fegs are too much, I can't compete on their level.  :noah
©@©™

cool breeze

« Reply #4668 on: January 16, 2014, 05:15:09 PM »

#93 checking in. 8)

add it to your resume  :aah

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4669 on: January 16, 2014, 05:19:29 PM »
"Can manage time efficiently"

Seems legit.
©@©™

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4670 on: January 16, 2014, 05:28:43 PM »
Saw that on Shawn Elliot's twittter earlier. Besides all the cringeworthy achievements, the font he used is also horrible. "Quick leamer".

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4671 on: January 16, 2014, 07:02:26 PM »
Saw that on Shawn Elliot's twittter earlier. Besides all the cringeworthy achievements, the font he used is also horrible. "Quick leamer".

Yeah, what a dumb typo. It obviously should have read "Quick lemur."
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4672 on: January 21, 2014, 04:29:55 PM »
World End ECONOMiCA got greenlit. 8)
©@©™

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #4673 on: January 22, 2014, 06:49:14 AM »
:rock

Gridiron Solitaire came out today too, it's quite good
itm

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #4675 on: January 28, 2014, 08:05:56 AM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4676 on: February 07, 2014, 12:05:08 PM »

It's out today!
dog

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #4677 on: February 10, 2014, 01:17:28 PM »
They're running a special on 7 Days to Die, $33.49 for a 2-pack. Anyone want to go in with me? It'll cost $16.75 a piece.
sup

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #4678 on: February 13, 2014, 03:18:31 AM »

:obama
itm

archnemesis

« Reply #4679 on: February 13, 2014, 04:03:31 AM »
I picked it up because of Eel's recommendation and it's not a bad game at all.