Author Topic: Please share your triumph of the day  (Read 789174 times)

king of the internet

• 🚽
Re: Please share your triumph of the day
« Reply #1500 on: July 06, 2015, 09:47:20 PM »
Never offer to help, never get asked for help. :rejoice

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1501 on: July 06, 2015, 09:48:43 PM »
oh, and my triumph of the day was delivering the first wave of performance reviews with a fuckin rictus of a smile still fixed on my doof-ass face and letting passive-aggressive pudricks walk back out the door with their limbs still intact.

not sure if triumph, actually
:comeon
que

Tasty

« Reply #1502 on: July 07, 2015, 12:14:16 AM »
24 laps in the pool today in 35 mins, up to 8 at a time without stopping. Now the issue isn't oxygen but muscle fatigue, which is good. The entire point of this is to exercise. :)

Next week will be 30 laps and 12 at a time. No stopping this train. :punch

Beezy

« Reply #1503 on: July 07, 2015, 02:44:46 AM »
I hope I can swim that well someday. I haven't gotten down how to breathe properly while swimming yet, so I run out of air too quick.  I've been trying to practice getting better at this on my own the past 2 weeks. Really wish I learned all this shit as a kid.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #1504 on: July 07, 2015, 03:14:32 AM »
@Tasty :clap

Doubt I could swim that well (at least now) and I was a lifeguard for 6+ summers.

Good form and technique makes swimming a lot easier (less exertion required/more effective strokes :teehee), but nevertheless it's great exercise.

Use to see tons of older folks wake up every morning for some lap swimming at the Y. It's a skill you can ideally work on all your life. I'm sure you will continue to improve with time, Beezy.

Trying to deflab myself. Drinking only water + Mio. Got a Brita for my mini fridge.

Living indefinitely in dorm/school mode :larry

Tasty

« Reply #1505 on: July 07, 2015, 10:34:00 AM »
I hope I can swim that well someday. I haven't gotten down how to breathe properly while swimming yet, so I run out of air too quick.  I've been trying to practice getting better at this on my own the past 2 weeks. Really wish I learned all this shit as a kid.

@Tasty :clap

Doubt I could swim that well (at least now) and I was a lifeguard for 6+ summers.

Good form and technique makes swimming a lot easier (less exertion required/more effective strokes :teehee), but nevertheless it's great exercise.

Use to see tons of older folks wake up every morning for some lap swimming at the Y. It's a skill you can ideally work on all your life. I'm sure you will continue to improve with time, Beezy.

Thanks guys! The encouragement really helps. :)

It's taken me quite a while to get to this level because I didn't really take it seriously. I started in October 2013 and took three consecutive six-week intermediate group lessons at my Y, but they only met once a week. They were basically the classes for if you knew how to "swim" (aka be in water without dying) but didn't know the different strokes and whatever, which was basically me. I tried to swim more in my own time but never really committed to it.

Last April I changed that and challenged myself to hit the pool at least 4 times a week, and while I still don't always hit that I'm still going much more often than I otherwise would. To be honest, other than some fundamentals when I re-committed it was like I had just started all over again and the lessons were useless (in practice.)

What changed for me is that I was breathing totally wrong, as in I'd exhale, take three strokes, inhale, take three strokes, repeat. That builds up CO2 hella fast and I could never do even two laps without stopping and panting for breath. Once I learned you're supposed to exhale as soon as your face goes back in the water everything changed.

Though even after learning that it took several weeks of pushing myself to get here. I've been using this plan to swim a mile without stopping eventually: http://ruthkazez.com/swimming/ZeroTo1mile.html I'm on Week 3 now, but I stayed at Week 2 for like three weeks to make sure I was ready lol.

After I hit a mile I'm gonna try interval training. I eventually want to be able to put in 40 laps without stopping in under an hour.

Hope this helped Beezy. :)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1506 on: July 07, 2015, 11:20:01 AM »
I've been doing cardio lately too. Gained some weight this winter and responded by just weight lifting/gaining muscle. Started jogging and running stairs at the local highschool track a few weeks ago. Yesterday I jogged and ran about 6 miles, and did all the stairs of the bleachers.

First day of cardio was tough as hell; the day after I was too sore to do fuck all. I took that day off, and the following day increased my regimen with ease. Like Andrex said it's just muscle fatigue - which is surprising given I hadn't done cario in ages. Dat inherent African athleticism
:lawd

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1507 on: July 07, 2015, 11:59:08 AM »
Witnessing a bloodbath as a VP goes on a rampage against another team.

:lawd

Sell off morale and efficiency wholesale because you can't control your temper brehs.
que

Tasty

« Reply #1508 on: July 07, 2015, 12:15:19 PM »
Trying to deflab myself. Drinking only water + Mio. Got a Brita for my mini fridge.

Living indefinitely in dorm/school mode :larry

Speaking of, I also got a Brita for my fridge. Mostly for oral (:teehee) health and not so much normal health. I've been drinking sugary iced tea as my default drink since I was a kid, and then when I moved to Boston my job had basically unlimited free soda so I was doing like two cans a day. But since moving to Boston I've also been doing a lot of hardcore dental work (three extractions, two crowns, three to four filled cavities) and realized it was counterproductive to be drinking so much soda (even brushing and flossing like I do.)

Still, I also get some jolts of dopamine from thinking how much healthier my body is with just water now. Overall a win-win. I had to force myself to tolerate (and then enjoy) the taste though. That was the toughest part. :lol

Beezy

« Reply #1509 on: July 07, 2015, 02:34:31 PM »
What changed for me is that I was breathing totally wrong, as in I'd exhale, take three strokes, inhale, take three strokes, repeat. That builds up CO2 hella fast and I could never do even two laps without stopping and panting for breath. Once I learned you're supposed to exhale as soon as your face goes back in the water everything changed.

Thanks, I didn't know this. Our instructor honestly spent no time teaching us how to breathe properly.

Tasty

« Reply #1510 on: July 07, 2015, 02:37:58 PM »

Thanks, I didn't know this. Our instructor honestly spent no time teaching us how to breathe properly.

Haha, same here, I had to look it up on the web. That really should be the first thing they teach. :lol

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #1511 on: July 07, 2015, 03:33:20 PM »
Going to invalidate my health talk clout with the following story:

My go to dealer is my best friend since middle school. He sells cars at an upscale dealership, and manages to take periodic smoke breaks without upper management knowing

Got an 8th of devil pubes and payed off my long standing balance, then his coworker, him, and I smoked up a bit in the parking lot. Ambivalent triumph.

When I returned home (to my parent's house :-[ ) my mom introduced me to a friend of her's who acted like we met before.

We chat for a bit, establish good energy, and then she comments on my hair :-*

It's short and buzz cut looking, but not quite a buzz and looks fairly nice. Really though.

It reminds her of the buzz cuts her sons used to get.

So bish starts rubbing my head. Rubs me for at least 20 seconds. I think I should be ashamed, being treated like the manchild that I am, but it honestly felt good :heart

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1512 on: July 07, 2015, 06:49:09 PM »
Implementing a mixture density net in theano.  Feel like a grown up ML kid now.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #1513 on: July 07, 2015, 11:12:08 PM »

Haha, same here, I had to look it up on the web. That really should be the first thing they teach. :lol

Crazy to think you were doing it the other way. Couldn't have felt natural
dur

Tasty

« Reply #1514 on: July 08, 2015, 12:03:03 AM »

TBH it kinda did. My thinking was that the longer I held out in between inhaling and exhaling the longer breaths I could take. It's also important for me to note that even when I switched to the correct way, I didn't feel the effects immediately. Took a couple days for it to kick in, but when it did... felt like I could fly in comparison.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #1515 on: July 08, 2015, 07:27:59 AM »

TBH it kinda did. My thinking was that the longer I held out in between inhaling and exhaling the longer breaths I could take. It's also important for me to note that even when I switched to the correct way, I didn't feel the effects immediately. Took a couple days for it to kick in, but when it did... felt like I could fly in comparison.

Are you just doing freestyle? When I feel like I can't do another lap, I mix in some breast strokes to keep moving and recover a bit
dur

Tasty

« Reply #1516 on: July 08, 2015, 11:46:02 AM »
Are you just doing freestyle? When I feel like I can't do another lap, I mix in some breast strokes to keep moving and recover a bit

Yeah, just freestyle. I'm still smoothing out my technique. I try breaststroke every once in a while but my form is a lot poorer there. :P

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1517 on: July 08, 2015, 12:30:49 PM »
I was sarcastically called a financial guru for pointing out someone had neglected to factor opportunity cost into their rationale.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1518 on: July 08, 2015, 01:16:41 PM »
My friend you are walking on a dangerous path that makes a stop at Pareto Efficiency Atheism on its way to No Such Thing as a Market Failure.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1519 on: July 08, 2015, 01:27:27 PM »
edit: wrong thread

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1520 on: July 08, 2015, 01:51:52 PM »
Opportunity costs are wishy washy anyways and are easy to fudge.
Cannibalization numbers though. :lawd
que

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #1521 on: July 08, 2015, 06:02:06 PM »
A very special ex-bore poster got some very good news today.  :preach
vin

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1522 on: July 08, 2015, 06:20:36 PM »

Shut up, Squiddy.
©@©™

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #1523 on: July 08, 2015, 06:23:06 PM »
Deets?  :noah

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #1524 on: July 08, 2015, 06:24:23 PM »
Nah, it's up to him if he wants to share it since he's not here.  But some folks know what's up and know how good this is :rejoice
vin

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1525 on: July 08, 2015, 06:38:21 PM »

white man is pregnant?!  :gladbron
pcp

Tasty

« Reply #1526 on: July 08, 2015, 10:25:15 PM »
Unintentionally inspired CatsCatsCats to swim more :lawd

dkdk

« Reply #1527 on: July 08, 2015, 10:41:24 PM »
oh future foreign boo
i'll see you 9/2
we're bringing the party to you
your fine friends are invited too

fuckery on the company dime  :jawalrus

my tennis game is also coming along well too. been giving some of the neighborhood regulars work. serve still need some work to be dangerous but everything else is money.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1528 on: July 08, 2015, 11:00:03 PM »
Watched about 20 episodes of Dragon ball today.   

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1529 on: July 08, 2015, 11:08:21 PM »
Things I've learnt from Dragon Ball:  1) Black people don't appreciate the mental toll being short has on a person.  2) Its Ok to molest underage girls if you are old and they are Japaneses and/or have green hair. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 11:25:59 PM by TheInfelicitousDandy »

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #1530 on: July 08, 2015, 11:34:08 PM »
Oh no, Arvie... Cosplay girl was about to fly up to where you live and jump your bones when she read your first post. But then she read your second post and proceeded to leave the room sobbing.

:(

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1531 on: July 08, 2015, 11:36:56 PM »
Tell her I meant greenish-blue and that I consider myself an old soul. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 11:44:40 PM by TheInfelicitousDandy »

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1532 on: July 09, 2015, 03:04:36 PM »
About to leave for 4 days at a lake house

:rejoice
yar

Kara

« Reply #1533 on: July 10, 2015, 12:44:22 PM »
Finally broke through my plateau weight. :preach

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #1534 on: July 10, 2015, 12:51:31 PM »
Finally broke through my plateau weight. :preach

Congrats.  :clap

I can't seem to do it. For the past year I've been tied with my previous lowest weight (from a decade ago) but I just can't break past the plateau. This is actually my ideal weight aesthetically but I would feel more comfortable with a greater buffer zone just in case I ever gain a few again.... :-\
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:57:26 PM by king of the internet »

Kara

« Reply #1535 on: July 10, 2015, 01:54:43 PM »
Have you tried watching your sugar? All I did was switch to low/no sugar nutrient gruels. I'm even eating slightly more calories than I used to.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #1536 on: July 10, 2015, 01:59:06 PM »
How's that Soylent?

Kara

« Reply #1537 on: July 10, 2015, 02:33:34 PM »
I keep meaning to make it the subject of my first post in a new blogthread called "Kara is Empty" (a pun on my true demon name and 空) which would basically be a food show where the host had crippling ennui instead of pasión y corazón.

bluemax

« Reply #1538 on: July 11, 2015, 02:10:45 AM »
I fixed my blinker yesterday.
NO

Kara

« Reply #1539 on: July 14, 2015, 12:58:31 PM »
In the shrink's office.

Slight backlog.

Cac family in the waiting room because their gene repository is coo koo.

Kid will. Not. Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Keeps shouting, "I want to go home," and, "Get me out of here." Tries to bolt for the door at every available opportunity and someone has to physically block the walkway. Fucking disgraceful.

Naturally this is all going on right outside the door to the shrink's room because these meatbags have to be as inconsiderate as humanly possible.

The doc comes out and tells me that they're ready to see me now. I look at the familial debacle going on next to me and say, "Take them first."

Mom looks at me with gratitude and says, "Thank you," to which I contemptuously reply, "I didn't do it for you."

Then "American Badass" started playing and dirt bikes jumped over exploding vehicles.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1540 on: July 14, 2015, 05:12:53 PM »
I generally bring a paper to read while waiting for suchi.

Sushi girl:  O Paper!  You going to be doctor someday?
Me:  Ya I'm doing a Ph.D. right now.
Sushi girl: O Dr. Handsome!

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1541 on: July 14, 2015, 06:28:25 PM »
Sorta sounds like you gotta use your D and test her pH. She doesn't sound basic at all really though.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
vagina
[close]

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1542 on: July 14, 2015, 10:09:15 PM »

Sushi girl: O Dr. Handsome! Your uncle first patient, yes?

FTFY

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1543 on: July 14, 2015, 10:19:11 PM »
I see your lips moving PD but this is all I'm hearing

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1544 on: July 14, 2015, 10:20:05 PM »

Sushi girl: O Dr. Handsome!

She saw right through your "reading a paper as a ploy to avoid human interaction" and immediately started making embarrassing conversation with you. What an evil genius. :noah
©@©™

Kara

« Reply #1545 on: July 14, 2015, 10:25:53 PM »
Good news: I now have to start the "Kara is Empty" thing. Mistaken order fiasco meant I ate a human horror Nurgle himself would be repulsed by for dinner.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to induce vomiting.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1546 on: July 14, 2015, 10:28:28 PM »
Mistaken order fiasco meant I ate a human

You dinning at an authentic siege of Leningrad theme restaurant for some red-cred? 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1547 on: July 14, 2015, 10:32:56 PM »
Also it not really eating a human unless you eat the whole thing; a butt cheek steak doesn't count. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 10:37:09 PM by TheInfelicitousDandy »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1548 on: July 14, 2015, 10:36:44 PM »
That's a Candide reference cause not only am I Dr. handsome but I'm also well read and not illiterate. 

Kara

« Reply #1549 on: July 14, 2015, 11:34:20 PM »
I don't listen to Leonard Bernstein, sorry.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1550 on: July 14, 2015, 11:40:59 PM »
If it's American, it can't really be classical.

Tasty

« Reply #1551 on: July 15, 2015, 12:18:01 AM »
Got drunk on red wine. Dem antioxidants.

Tasty

« Reply #1552 on: July 15, 2015, 01:07:30 AM »
Reeeeaaaallly drunk.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1553 on: July 15, 2015, 02:24:24 AM »
Had two slices of bacon for breakfast

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1554 on: July 15, 2015, 07:16:29 PM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

:rejoice
©ZH

« Reply #1555 on: July 16, 2015, 05:00:52 AM »
There's a a nude dating show on German TV. 3 girls, one dude on some exotic island.

Prime time. On one of the biggest channels. Fully uncensored.

LOL American pseudo-freedom. Yay Yuro nudity.

pretty sure the Dutch did it first, these little perverts
[close]

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1556 on: July 16, 2015, 05:02:56 AM »
Upped my breakfast game and had a corn bread sandwich with two slices of bacon, slice of red cheddar and a fried egg.

@Milchs: Think that show is on here too in DK

Kara

« Reply #1557 on: July 17, 2015, 04:00:53 AM »
I keep meaning to make it the subject of my first post in a new blogthread called "Kara is Empty" (a pun on my true demon name and 空) which would basically be a food show where the host had crippling ennui instead of pasión y corazón.

[close]
[close]

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1558 on: July 17, 2015, 12:27:06 PM »
Finally got to talk to a shrink after being on the waiting list for a month.  Pretty nice telling him all the really crazy shit that I'm to embarrassed to talk about otherwise. 

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #1559 on: July 17, 2015, 05:38:02 PM »
I turned 25  :rejoice