Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1856803 times)

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #26880 on: August 10, 2022, 11:52:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/russia-has-begun-a-full-scale-invasion-in-ukraine-read-staff-posts.556366/page-1489#post-91402590

Quote from: Buckle
Airbase in Crimea getting fucked reminds me of the Moskva sinking. Just an all around embarrassment for Russia, a great point and laugh moment for everyone else in the world.

Good times.

Like this is some kind of sport or reality TV show. Very progressive. :doge
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26881 on: August 11, 2022, 01:37:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bloomberg-domino%E2%80%99s-pizza-quits-italy-after-locals-shun-american-pies.617808/page-6#post-91372131

:cop User Banned (3 Months): Racist joke, previous severe bans for racist and sexist jokes
Quote from: inner-G
Quote from: giallo
It'd be like people eating Panda Express in China. Like......why?
Maybe they opened up the Dim Sum container and saw rooster feet then decided Orange Chicken sounded better?

Frank O'Connor, is this you?
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26882 on: August 11, 2022, 01:38:35 AM »
Imagine the ban if the joke was at the expense of Black food. :thinking
OBE

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26883 on: August 11, 2022, 01:39:11 AM »
While I agree about the people who worked on this deserve to have their work shown off, I disagree that this shouldn’t be cancelled because of the actions of one person. Ezra is the face of this film. They can’t really be divorced from this project.

Not a lot of movies would get released.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26884 on: August 11, 2022, 01:41:51 AM »
This is what I don't get. One would think that WB's greed would make it important for them to sit Miller down and tell them to stop this shit. Put a tight leash on Miller so they don't further cause problems and keep hurting WB's chances of releasing this movie. But no, they clearly haven't done that. I can't fathom this at all.

WB enabling Miller like this doesn't make a lick of sense. Even if they care more about money than people's wellbeing or lives, it's still in their best interest to put a stop to Miller's abhorrent behavior at any cost.

:confused
He's not chattel.

You'd think some suit would sit Miller down and tell them to stop this shit or else.

:what
That's not how mental health works.
ὕβρις

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #26885 on: August 11, 2022, 02:33:23 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ezra-miller-they-them-crimes-ot-the-stories-go-here-and-nowhere-else.617877/page-3#post-91406154

Quote from: ZeroVagine (He/They), post: 91406154, member: 1119
Having a single thread for this makes sense. Pretty much makes it impossible for any misgendering to be an accident at that point.

That’s the important takeaway here  :social2
Margs

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26886 on: August 11, 2022, 02:44:42 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bloomberg-domino%E2%80%99s-pizza-quits-italy-after-locals-shun-american-pies.617808/page-6#post-91372131

:cop User Banned (3 Months): Racist joke, previous severe bans for racist and sexist jokes

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tapioca-laryngitis-introduces-freedom-her-own-line-of-athletic-wear-including-leggings-with-pockets-for-guns.136993/page-2#post-24076161
:cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Racist/sexist joke
Quote from: BWoog
(Image removed from quote.)
For the white lady who wants something big and black in her pants at all times

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tomi-lahren-and-faith-goldy-are-getting-into-an-argument-on-twitter-over-the-alabama-abortion-law-and-its-the-greatest-thing-ive-ever-seen.117399/#post-20851486
:cop User Banned (1 Week): Sexism
Quote from: Fercho
Fuck both
If no one found out about it, I probably would lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-have-to-ask-why-is-nintendo-allowing-games-like-waifu-uncovered-on-the-switch-eshop.249897/page-3#post-39961698
:cop User banned (1 month): dismissive driveby; prior ban for sexist joke.
Hm never heard of this game, is there a demo?

:lol
OBE

BIONIC

« Reply #26887 on: August 11, 2022, 03:31:12 AM »
Get that man, nay hero, a bore account  :salute
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #26888 on: August 11, 2022, 03:51:07 AM »
Samoyed tried logging in lol
Last seen Jul 29, 2022

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26889 on: August 11, 2022, 04:12:25 AM »
Wretched of the Earth, we welcome you.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26890 on: August 11, 2022, 04:16:53 AM »
I’m wondering, are all of their crimes making the mainstream news? If they are, why is nobody yelling at WB to stop supporting a criminal?

I don't think being a criminal dissolves past and current contractual obligations unrelated.
Criminal reform ERA strikes again !

I can see the argument they should have dropped them when the first major issues made headlines or even that they should shelf the movie (don't agree with the latter but it happened).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 12:39:39 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Snoopycat_

« Reply #26891 on: August 11, 2022, 04:58:48 AM »
They still mad about this Premium tier thing. Sony have definitely fucked up but after trying Syphon Filter I wonder how many people have actually played more than 10 minutes of these classics once the nostalgia has worn off.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #26892 on: August 11, 2022, 05:02:20 AM »
They still mad about this Premium tier thing. Sony have definitely fucked up but after trying Syphon Filter I wonder how many people have actually played more than 10 minutes of these classics once the nostalgia has worn off.

Syphon Filter is one that I recall being particularly shit over on the PS3. I got it free with a subscription to some online vidya magazine that Sony were pushing at the time. Even back then, it had aged appallingly.
woke

BIONIC

« Reply #26893 on: August 11, 2022, 05:14:07 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/forspoken-is-getting-memed-on.618105/page-21#post-91407246

Quote from: Kreim, post: 91407246, member: 35498
Uh oh it's still being memed on, it's officially past the free 24 hours you get for trifling bullshit.

Now we're entering the "Stuck on it" zone, where agendas and biases are surely revealed....

:science
Margs

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #26894 on: August 11, 2022, 05:30:46 AM »

When talking about Syphon Filter, "classics" should always be in quote marks.
Spud

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26895 on: August 11, 2022, 05:43:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ezra-miller-they-them-crimes-ot-the-stories-go-here-and-nowhere-else.617877/page-3#post-91404879

Quote from: B-Dubs
Official Staff Communication

Given the preponderance of threads on the crimes being committed by Ezra Miller, we feel like it would be more beneficial to establish a single thread to chronicle the story and any developments pertaining to it.

As such, anything to do with Ezra Miller committing crimes should be placed in this thread and should not receive it's own thread.

If there is news as to what the WB is doing with the Flash movie, for example cancelling it or taking Miller off the press tour, that can get it's own thread.

We're taking this action not because what they're doing isn't abhorrent, it is, but because there's so much of it that's it has started to clog up the ETC subforum.

Again, any new "Ezra Miller committed a crime" stories or anything pertaining to that, goes in this thread and this thread alone.

:dead
OBE

Snoopycat_

« Reply #26896 on: August 11, 2022, 05:55:10 AM »

Syphon Filter is one that I recall being particularly shit over on the PS3. I got it free with a subscription to some online vidya magazine that Sony were pushing at the time. Even back then, it had aged appallingly.

I'm surprised they never bothered to remaster those games. I think they were popular enough

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26897 on: August 11, 2022, 06:18:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lttp-neon-genesis-evangelion-they-are-14-japan-wtf-not-ok-also-great-show-but-wtf-that-ending-boy-they-did-a-lot-of-drugs-right.618171/page-2#post-91388223

:cop User Banned (3 days): Drive-By Posting, prior ban for the same behavior
Quote from: treble
Judging by many of the comments in this thread, the perversity is the attraction.

I’d rather not signal boost a show that depicts a young teen masturbating and coming on another teenager under the guise of “art” (oh, the boomer creator is depressed, so it’s cool), but there’s a lot of prominent fans on ERA.

:jared
OBE

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26898 on: August 11, 2022, 07:29:08 AM »
If this girl was ANY thing else but BLACK half of these “criticisms” wouldn’t even exist. Have fun laughing thooooo.

oh brother

Somehow they've managed to fit racism into this one too.

"When I tell YTs something is racist and they say its not, that just proves its racist" seems an awfully convenient debate methodology.

Polident Hive

« Reply #26899 on: August 11, 2022, 08:01:19 AM »
Serious question. How does that work when the writing team is, as follows, two white guys and two white ladies.

The game's writing team includes Gary Whitta, Amy Hennig, Allison Rymer, and Todd Stashwick.

Anyway, Ella Balinska innocent!

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26900 on: August 11, 2022, 08:18:26 AM »
They're still crying about it that they made another crying thread about no classics

https://www.resetera.com/threads/two-months-into-the-service-ps-plus-premiums-classic-catalog-is-a-non-starter-zero-classics-to-be-added-in-august-two-added-post-launch.618180/
And the two classics added were two games nobody was clamoring for...Sony is really shameful here. This is your premium tier, what's the freaking point if your not gonna add at least 2-3 bangers a month? They have a ton of stuff to go to between the PSX, PS2 and PSP yet give us nothing. It speaks to the level of incompetence they've been displaying overall that they didn't have at least the first 4ish months worth of classic drops ready to go.
:era

Propagandhim

« Reply #26901 on: August 11, 2022, 08:40:17 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/forspoken-is-getting-memed-on.618105/page-21#post-91407246

Quote from: Kreim, post: 91407246, member: 35498
Uh oh it's still being memed on, it's officially past the free 24 hours you get for trifling bullshit.

Now we're entering the "Stuck on it" zone, where agendas and biases are surely revealed....

:science

If you download these roms and don't delete them within 24 hours, guess what?  You're racist.

BIONIC

« Reply #26902 on: August 11, 2022, 08:41:43 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ynglet-now-out-on-xbox-includes-new-content-also-added-to-the-pc-mac-release-4-99-usd.618090/#post-91412835

Quote from: Messofanego, post: 91412835, member: 1159
Highly recommend it, it's a more hopeful post-human experience. The puzzles are quite satisfying and the visuals keep impressing to the end.

:snob
Margs

Propagandhim

« Reply #26903 on: August 11, 2022, 08:44:47 AM »

Lil' Mess Mess blowing dust off his archives again.

BIONIC

« Reply #26904 on: August 11, 2022, 08:56:44 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cult-of-the-lamb-ot-baa-before-your-new-god.618252/page-2#post-91412865

Quote from: Kyuuji, post: 91412865, member: 31943
Think I'm going to call my cult 'Gender Ideology' and just roleplay as if I'm 'transing' the cis woodland population. Lean into that trans panic fiction.

:wut

spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is your brain on tumblr
[close]
Margs

Snoopycat_

« Reply #26905 on: August 11, 2022, 09:13:51 AM »
You do realize they're charging millions of people for something they're not providing? Get it done. I don't want to hear this shit. If they weren't ready then don't launch the service

https://www.resetera.com/threads/two-months-into-the-service-ps-plus-premiums-classic-catalog-is-a-non-starter-zero-classics-to-be-added-in-august-two-added-post-launch.618180/page-5#post-91412592

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #26906 on: August 11, 2022, 09:26:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cult-of-the-lamb-ot-baa-before-your-new-god.618252/page-2#post-91412865

Quote from: Kyuuji, post: 91412865, member: 31943
Think I'm going to call my cult 'Gender Ideology' and just roleplay as if I'm 'transing' the cis woodland population. Lean into that trans panic fiction.

:wut

spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is your brain on tumblr
[close]

When you're so obsessed with transphobia you start putting it into games yourself. How deranged

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26907 on: August 11, 2022, 09:28:07 AM »

Lil' Mess Mess blowing dust off his archives again.

Messedupeggo is a fucking clown, but holy shit how pathetic is his life that he has to go get a Verafied Opinion on rando youtubers?

Out of interest, I checked out the entry hes linking to like hes fucking columbo dropping a just one more thing, and itsfuckingnothing.gif

Maldonado has identified as a "classical liberal"[3][4][5][6][7][8] but has more recently rejected that label in favour of defining himself as a social-democrat.[9] Maldonado's views can aptly be summed up as mainly liberal[10] yet socially conservative in a few instances. On one hand, he has advocated for fiscally-liberal causes such as universal healthcare and free schooling. However, he appears to lean center/right in some regards, such as critiquing these as being economically nonviable.[10] This centrist approach to politics appears to transfer to his opinions of people involved within politics; he has appeared on The Rubin Report to discuss with objectivist libertarian Dave Rubin,[11] but he appears to be critical of conservatives such as Ben Shapiro[12] and Candace Owens[13] and is ambivalent towards Jordan Peterson.[14]

WHAT A MONSTER!

Its also pretty jarring presenting itself as a 'wiki' type site, but continously using loaded language and weasel wording, because fuck neutral pov amirite?

Compounding problems there,
Not helping matters is
Such a whitewashed interpretation
especially in a context where white supremacy is on the rise, cannot be construed in any favorable light.
Naturally then, she responded appropriately with witty venom
has parroted the "regressive left"[39] far too often to simply be a coincidence.
Maldonado, not one to miss an opportunity, removed the original context
The nail in the coffin is that he once made a comedy video mocking the concept of environmental racism

You can also see the kind of pathetic cunt filing these dossiers on that site (messedupeggo included presumably) from the talk page;

"He has also defended Blue Lives Matter and refused to countenance any inherent issues with that movement, instead referring to people taking issues with false parallels between the two groups as simply having a negative opinion of the group, as opposed to the obvious difference is that black people can't stop being black whereas cops can avoid the danger they face by quitting being cops."
Here is what is in the video cited:
MTV video: "Also, Blue Lives Matter isn't a thing" "Cops weren't born with blue skin. Right? I mean, yeah. They weren't born blue."
Chris Ray Gun: "Good, fucking brilliant. You've got to be kidding me with this shit. You can't say something you're addressing isn't a thing just because you have a negative opinion of it. Also, they weren't "born blue". What the hell does that mean? What does that literally mean?"
He barely said anything about Blue Lives Matter, either positive or negative. So I don't think it's fair to say he "refused to countenance any inherent issues with that movement". He didn't really defend it, he just said you can't say it "isn't a thing". He didn't talk about parallels with Black Lives Matter either. Better references need to be added or this should be worded differently.

SO basically any old dipshit with an axe to grind can just postwhatever thinly sourced hate screed they want, and other dipshits like eggo will just nod and go uh-huh

:mindblown

Boredfrom

« Reply #26908 on: August 11, 2022, 09:36:15 AM »
Using Rationalwiki unironically.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26909 on: August 11, 2022, 09:36:40 AM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #26910 on: August 11, 2022, 09:43:19 AM »
They don’t remember Allison Rapp’s Thesis.

Edit: Holy shit, the dude is a legit creep. WTF? I thought it was just WriterInTheDark overreacting again.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #26911 on: August 11, 2022, 09:59:22 AM »

Edit: Holy shit, the dude is a legit creep. WTF? I thought it was just WriterInTheDark overreacting again.

So basically, Amir0x would have gotten away with it if he went to college?
woke

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26912 on: August 11, 2022, 10:06:15 AM »
This is the shit fucking homophobes use to tear us down goddammit fucking disgusting pos.

Ah yes, era as always gets to the heart of the real issue: :ego

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #26913 on: August 11, 2022, 10:16:31 AM »
If this girl was ANY thing else but BLACK half of these “criticisms” wouldn’t even exist. Have fun laughing thooooo.

oh brother

Somehow they've managed to fit racism into this one too.

"When I tell YTs something is racist and they say its not, that just proves its racist" seems an awfully convenient debate methodology.

It’s been working well for years at ERA.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #26914 on: August 11, 2022, 10:20:05 AM »
Serious question. How does that work when the writing team is, as follows, two white guys and two white ladies.

The game's writing team includes Gary Whitta, Amy Hennig, Allison Rymer, and Todd Stashwick.

That lukewarm half-assed looking game has THAT writing behind it? I guess even video game writers have their ‘Never Say Never Again’ moments.

Boredfrom

« Reply #26915 on: August 11, 2022, 11:00:15 AM »

So basically, Amir0x would have gotten away with it if he went to college?

I mean, Alison Rapp was about IRL CP and this guy is getting flack about hentai.  :thinking

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26916 on: August 11, 2022, 11:18:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-people-watch-porn-on-tv.618333/#post-91404309
Mekanos
Never did, though when I learned how to browse hentai on my Wii browser I felt like a genius.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #26917 on: August 11, 2022, 11:32:17 AM »
This is the shit fucking homophobes use to tear us down goddammit fucking disgusting pos.

Ah yes, era as always gets to the heart of the real issue: :ego

Are we 100% sure this isn't Sokal Squared^2?

Polident Hive

« Reply #26918 on: August 11, 2022, 11:48:44 AM »

That lukewarm half-assed looking game has THAT writing behind it? I guess even video game writers have their ‘Never Say Never Again’ moments.

Very possible I’m wrong here and citing half remembered articles from years ago. But Amy Hennig and Todd Stashwick were writing Uncharted 4 once upon a time. Original teaser for it had Stashwick’s VO as Nathan’s brother swearing revenge. That fell apart. They went off to do a Star Wars game at Visceral for EA. That fell apart. At some point he or they were writing the Suicide Squad 2 movie. That fell apart. At some point maybe they wanted a project that’ll happen. And as of April of this year, Amy Hennig is on another Star Wars game.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26919 on: August 11, 2022, 12:07:11 PM »
Let me get this straight...
I'm somewhere that's not what I'd call The Gaming Age forums
I'm debating FREAKING FANBOYS, and oh yeah, I'm talking into the void!
Yeah ok, that's something I do now
I shitpost
Quote jacked up rant posts...
I'll probably get banned next
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26920 on: August 11, 2022, 12:10:23 PM »
Between being PlayStation exclusive and having a black woman as a protagonist, 100% is already being weaponized
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26921 on: August 11, 2022, 12:11:00 PM »
Woke up to this and couldn’t help but think: This is everything they could’ve hoped for and more.

Look at all the engagement that this one post has garnered: people are talking about it on social media. People are retweeting it and improvising their own take on the trailer. And they garnered this response without doing anything controversial, most posts actually paint the game in a good light. There’s an article on Kotaku. This is probably one of the best examples of viral marketing that you could potentially see today.

I’m pretty sure their community management/marketing department is high-fiving each other right now reading these responses.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26922 on: August 11, 2022, 12:13:16 PM »
Jared Leto is BIPOC-coded in Morbius (also morbing is a allegory for AIDS) that's why the chuds memed on it.
©@©™

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26923 on: August 11, 2022, 12:13:57 PM »
Between being PlayStation exclusive and having a black woman as a protagonist, 100% is already being weaponized

When I play a game with a create-a-character I almost always make a black woman. Black women are barely allowed to exist in video games most of the time. Things have improved a good bit recently but we still got a long ways to go. So I create black women protags myself.
So I gotta support this game. We need more black women protags. Sorry Era. Your accusations of cringe will not sway me. For I am steeled in my morals. 🙅🏾‍♂️

Pretty sure Lime claimed to do the same.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26924 on: August 11, 2022, 12:17:21 PM »
ὕβρις

Klelk

« Reply #26925 on: August 11, 2022, 12:18:51 PM »

Every day I see this dumb motherfucker making another stupid fucking thread

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26926 on: August 11, 2022, 12:37:05 PM »
To Crossing Eden  :lol
You're taking my views on Marvel movies oddly personally
ὕβρις

Propagandhim

« Reply #26927 on: August 11, 2022, 12:39:58 PM »

When I play a game with a create-a-character I almost always make a black woman. Black women are barely allowed to exist in video games most of the time. Things have improved a good bit recently but we still got a long ways to go. So I create black women protags myself.
So I gotta support this game. We need more black women protags. Sorry Era. Your accusations of cringe will not sway me. For I am steeled in my morals. 🙅🏾‍♂️

Pretty sure Lime claimed to do the same.

If this [clearly] white dude can get black chicks by doing this weird unctuous shit and it works, I'm gonna start doing weaponizing it too.  Showing off my 40 black women only created characters in every game I make.  That's the ticket.

ShutUp

« Reply #26928 on: August 11, 2022, 12:42:23 PM »
People posting memes on Twitter and shit gonna end up playing it day one anyways. Even saying the gameplay looks fun and such. Mission accomplished for those working on the game.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26929 on: August 11, 2022, 12:42:33 PM »
This culture war is just so dumb. People desperately defending bad shit because it stars someone who is a minority or people hating good shit because it stars a minority. It's all dumb shit.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26930 on: August 11, 2022, 12:47:18 PM »
This culture war is just so dumb. People desperately defending bad shit because it stars someone who is a minority or people hating good shit because it stars a minority. It's all dumb shit.

not sure what to think of this take without knowing frank's gender identity
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26931 on: August 11, 2022, 12:54:39 PM »
Sus Alert in full force :
https://www.resetera.com/threads/forspoken-is-getting-memed-on.618105/page-21#post-91407453

But everyone backed down.

ThereAreFourNaans is a former GAF mod (I dunno which... iapetus?) under a new nom de guerre - they ain't going out like that.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26932 on: August 11, 2022, 12:55:02 PM »

Also need a twitter history

Propagandhim

« Reply #26933 on: August 11, 2022, 12:55:45 PM »

The game looks interesting enough, despite the millennial writers boardroom dialogue and Frey looks cool, and not to mention very sexy.  But you can't say she's sexy!  That's off-limits, too!  God how do I reach these kids?!

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26934 on: August 11, 2022, 01:09:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/two-months-into-the-service-ps-plus-premiums-classic-catalog-is-a-non-starter-zero-classics-to-be-added-in-august-two-added-post-launch.618180/page-5#post-91413549
You do realize how absolutely ridiculous this sounds, right?

What you're saying would be like excusing a broken game because "you do realize new games have a lot of bugs and take thousands and thousands of hours to work out those bugs, right? Which means there are people out there who need to exploit each and every nook and cranny in the entire game, submit every bug they find, and then the devs need to fix the bugs ensure and that the game works as intended without issues."

If the game isn't ready, don't release it and charge customers for it.

If Sony's PS Premium service isn't ready, don't release it and charge customers for it.

It's not hard.
Ree Sony Ponies kept begging Jim Ryan to release it as soon as it was announced lol

« Reply #26935 on: August 11, 2022, 01:14:24 PM »
Constructive gets into whether or not having a Chet Hanks inspired pun in the next Genshin OT title is a good thing or harmful:
Quote from: Tridash
Hello,

In the Genshin Impact main thread, we were talking about the name of the next OT, and one of them did catch some traction. "White Boy Sumeru", mostly for two reasons :

- It's obviously a play on Chet Hanks (yes, the son of Tom Hanks) "White Boy Summer", which have been meme'd a lot, with the new region being called Sumeru
- But it's also a clever way to remember how Genshin Impact is mostly doing white characters, even in the new zone, Sumeru, that it's supposed to be inspired by the Middle-East, and yet... mostly pale characters.

Apparently, someone asked the mods, and they said that it would be better to "use less debated options instead". I have a really hard time figuring why a OT title reminding everyone the issue Genshin have with black/brown characters would be bad ? The thread was pretty positive about that title, except from a minority that failed to understand why having representation is important, and why Genshin deserved to be put on blast for that.

Could we please have an answer from the moderation team ? I'd also like to know what [USER=80]Neoxon[/USER] thinks about this, if possible !

Thanks for your time.
Quote from: Bansai
Since it was mostly me literally raising simple call for a second opinion from mods (which I do know to be a diverse group of people), I feel like I just got accused of failing to understand why representation is important, therefore I can't exactly ignore this statement.

Be it as means of "defending" myself, or in hopes of getting educated if I was in the wrong, I'll just drop a direct link to when the brief exchange happened, and let the mods decide: https://www.resetera.com/threads/genshin-impact-ot7-yippee-ki-yae.536507/page-400#post-90158469

When googled word for word, this directs us to a known racist - all I belived is that it might be a tad too much. How that makes someone "fail to understand why representation is important", is something I don't understand.
Quote from: Tridash
No offense Bansai, but i'm looking for an answer from the moderation team. I didn't tagged you or somebody else because that is not the point.

The point here is to understand why an OT title that has been really good at calling out the lack of melanin of the game in question has apparently been judged as a "debated option", even if the reception was pretty positive a few weeks ago, and is apparently still is, if i look at the latest posts in the thread.
Quote from: Bansai
Don't worry, I'm not itching for a fight here. I just wanted to provide context to some (in my opinion) serious accusation you made, as I do belive that excerpt put our beloved community in a bad light.
Quote from: Moogle, a moderator
A lack of diverse characters across media and more specifically in Genshin Impact is an issue staff and members alike feel passionately about and discuss often. I'm of the opinion that people within the OT and who reached out to staff directly, who were cautious of how the Hanks reference itself might look to thread outsiders in light of it's adoption by white nationalist circles, were acting in good faith when doing so. Remember, 3.0 means a new client/version and the thread will be in Gaming for 4 weeks with many new eyes on it. Not everyone is naturally going to be familiar with the positive ongoing conversations about diversity in the OT itself.

You have multiple options already. Number 6 in the poll addresses the want for an OT title that highlights character diversity issues:

6) Genshin Impact |OT8| In terms of melanin, we have no melanin

The previous series of Nintendo OT threads would often append a short message to the title (eg. Free Palestine) while retaining the Name |OT| pun format. There's another option to discuss with the OT creator, along with new title suggestions or altering another popular choice. Having it be a Chet Hanks reference is ultimately not that important and nothing is preventing the OT title still calling out the issue at hand.

it's just so dumb

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #26936 on: August 11, 2022, 01:15:06 PM »
Over a thousand posts on that game and a mild, slightly amusing meme from it, solely because of people want to fight an imaginary GatorGate ‘brigading’.

:foxx

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #26937 on: August 11, 2022, 01:16:48 PM »

So what you're saying is that PI was anti semetic?

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #26938 on: August 11, 2022, 01:27:52 PM »
Quote from: Moogle, a moderator
I'm of the opinion that people within the OT and who reached out to staff directly, who were cautious of how the Hanks reference itself might look to thread outsiders in light of it's adoption by white nationalist circles.

I love how intimately they are aware of what the white nationalist circles are doing and adopting.

:rethread
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 03:35:11 PM by joeboy101 »

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26939 on: August 11, 2022, 01:30:42 PM »

Also need a twitter history

My 5000 tweets at Emma Stone asking for feet pics are entirely irrelevant!