Author Topic: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.  (Read 2084127 times)

Himu

Re: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.
« Reply #3840 on: December 17, 2011, 05:08:32 PM »
This final season is probably the best season.
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3841 on: December 17, 2011, 05:35:18 PM »
just finished Terriers

fuck!
nat

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #3842 on: December 18, 2011, 06:33:26 AM »
I just finished Sunny's school reunion episode. The ending had me in tears.
Unzip

lennedsay

• Senior MILF
« Reply #3843 on: December 18, 2011, 09:31:02 AM »
Omg yes! I've watched the ending three times now, once when it was originally on, once so I could show my husband and once so I could show a friend. Many tears were shed. :bow2
(|)

Enl

« Reply #3844 on: December 18, 2011, 02:34:51 PM »
Watched episode 2 of black mirror. The ending kinda sucked.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
he should have done it instead of taking the show. And the zoom out shot should have revealed the reason for the cyclin is they are a spaceship and no one knows it

Ps I'm ripped
[close]
Him offing himself would've been the easy way out, as would have him getting back together with the girl after a successful dance number. This is supposed to be Twilight Zone inspired so the ending they have works well in the context of the story. Him becoming the very thing he despised just so he can live a life without ads and noise is very Twilight Zone-esque. Also there's no reason to explain where they are or why they do what they do. It's more beneficial to the story to leave you wondering how they got into the situation they're in.
[close]
mmm

cool breeze

« Reply #3845 on: December 18, 2011, 03:06:44 PM »
Watched episode 2 of black mirror. The ending kinda sucked.

he should have done it instead of taking the show. And the zoom out shot should have revealed the reason for the cyclin is they are a spaceship and no one knows it

Ps I'm ripped
[close]
I was wondering if those were windows or larger screens at the end.  Someone asked Brooker on twitter and he said it's meant to be ambiguous, so they could still be on a spaceship.
[close]

ZephyrFate

« Reply #3846 on: December 18, 2011, 04:41:03 PM »
I LIKE TO BIND... I LIKE TO... BE... BOUND!

lennedsay

• Senior MILF
« Reply #3847 on: December 19, 2011, 12:29:10 AM »
God damn @ Dexter.

Next season we better see some

wincest :drool
[close]
(|)

archie4208

« Reply #3848 on: December 19, 2011, 01:21:50 AM »
You seriously could have put the last 2 minutes into season 5 and made season 6 null and void.  Oh well, as long as there is the potential of
wincest
[close]
I will keep on watching.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3849 on: December 19, 2011, 03:20:58 AM »
holy shit @ Homeland's finale

etiolate

« Reply #3850 on: December 19, 2011, 03:41:19 AM »
Homeland had probably the tensest moment in TV that I can remember, but then it flatted out and disappointed me in the end. I don't want to go through next season's retread of the same basic plot while Carrie plays detective to her own memory.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #3851 on: December 19, 2011, 03:49:51 AM »
what etiolate said

hate that i typed that
AMC

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3852 on: December 19, 2011, 03:52:06 AM »
it was kind of expected
If he went through with the plot, it would have to be off camera to get past Secret Service censorship. And while they certainly could do it off camera, that would be quite ballsy...plus how would the show move on from that. I went into the episode expecting the vest not to blow up due to that, yet the scene was still tense.

I thought using Walker as a sniper shepherd was brilliant btw.

But yea, the worst thing might be that Claire is basically out of play. I don't like the idea of her going the "independent investigator" route, as that seems kind of ridiculous. I'd imagine Saul will be feeding her information but it won't be the same; seems like a wasted opportunity for such an impressive character, although obviously I could be wrong.

I do agree the episode deflated after the big moment (outside of the ending). Yet it was still quite an impressive finale and sets up some interesting dynamics.
[close]

Apparently Obama is a big fan of the show. Damn, I wish I was in the CIA just to know some fascinating shit, man.  :-\

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #3853 on: December 19, 2011, 03:54:55 AM »
Just wish it was a one season thing.
Carrie would have been redeemed :(
[close]
AMC

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #3854 on: December 19, 2011, 04:00:26 AM »
You seriously could have put the last 2 minutes into season 5 and made season 6 null and void.  Oh well, as long as there is the potential of
wincest
[close]
I will keep on watching.

Agreed.
especially about the wincest
[close]

Can't see that happening now  :'(
[close]

Game of Thrones will fill the void
[close]

Why wasn't Dexter the least bit concerned
about going back to the church for the kill, especially when Debra requested he go there that very day. Even if he couldn't have expected her to pop in, he could have expected other officers to.
[close]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 04:03:23 AM by Flannel Boy »

etiolate

« Reply #3855 on: December 19, 2011, 04:05:47 AM »
The problem is that once you bailout like that, the audience won't trust you to ever go through with what the show is threatening to do. If the audience doesn't trust you then the suspense that you intended as a maker of the show falls flat.

They also didn't answer the mole question, so that will again be a plot point. You could have gone through with it and then let the show end or gone through with it and have a battle between Carrie/mole. The idea of
Brody being an inside agent now doesn't really jive with his whole reasoning for being a terrorist. The bombing was personal retribution, it was representative of himself as a Marine in his own mind. Influencing policy and supplying Nasir info? That's just being a double agent terrorist.
[close]

I agree about Walker though. I kept wondering what his purpose was anymore and then it made sense.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 04:34:21 AM by etiolate »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3856 on: December 19, 2011, 08:41:59 AM »
oh god american dad has the best christmas specials

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3857 on: December 19, 2011, 09:46:24 AM »
I watched Breaking Bad Season 4 over the weekend.  :o :o :o

I was kinda pissed because the whole season I've been watching Walt finally fucking get what he deserves.  His paranoid, psycho ass was finally getting what was coming to him.  He could have just left alone and been fine but the dude is truly a psycho.  Jesse was finally normal and getting his life together and that dipshit fucks him hard.  Jesus.  And Gus!  GUS!! :'(
[close]

What do you guys think the fifth season is going to be about?

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #3858 on: December 19, 2011, 09:54:05 AM »
I know I shouldn't expect the obvious, but I think a large part of the 5th season will be about the power vacuum left after both Gus and the cartel have been wiped off the map.  It will follow Walt's conflict over whether he should take advantage and essentially become a king pin or returning to his older life.  Which will be impossible for him.  So he makes millions and millions of dollars for a little while and then Hank figures everything out and shoots Walt point blank in his stupid fucking face. ::fingers crossed::
[close]

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3859 on: December 19, 2011, 10:01:54 AM »
God I would fucking love that. 

Walt is a greedy fuck and enjoys the life.  No doubt about that.  I could see him trying to be Kingpin but I doubt he'd last long.  He's very careless when it comes to a lot of his moves.  While his most diabolical plots have been meticulously plotted, he has gotten by on the power of his formula and stupid luck a lot of the time.  Motherfucker better be going down in the 5th season.
[close]

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3860 on: December 19, 2011, 10:55:58 AM »
Because he's a fucking douchebag.  :yuck
[close]

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3861 on: December 19, 2011, 11:14:51 AM »
On Walt's side?  Really?  REALLY? 
Him poisoning the child shows exactly what's wrong with Walt.  He is a psychopath through and through.  He doesn't care about anyone.  Season 4 and 5 have done a fantastic job of showing how much his lines about "everything I've done I've done for my family" and shit is just bullshit.  He's an egotistical, paranoid, greedy, jealous and petty motherfucker.  He's an absolutely terrible person.  Entertaining as hell to watch, but completely unlikeable (outside of a few choice lines like your boss is going to need me and I'm the one knocking on the door or whatever).  He'll throw anyone under the bus as soon as they become disposable.  He has no loyalty towards Jesse.  He just controls Jesse.  A loyal crony is indispensable.  That's why Jesse hasn't bit the bullet yet.  The minute he can no longer control Jesse is when he dies.
[close]

However, because of the reasons in my rant I also have to say that Breaking Bad probably has the BEST character development I've seen on a show in a long, long time. 

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3862 on: December 19, 2011, 11:19:56 AM »
"Your boss is gonna need me" is the most badass line Walt has said so far.

Just wait until "I.T.O.W.K."
Yes!  That was the line.  So fucking badass.  She should have blown him after that line.

Barry Egan

« Reply #3863 on: December 19, 2011, 11:50:31 AM »
if you like Walt and forgive him for the strategies he employs, but think his wife is a total bitch, than you're objectively kind of a d-bag.  Not aimed at anyone, just a general observation.   

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #3864 on: December 19, 2011, 11:58:12 AM »
Been marathoning through Doctor Who and I think it just gets better and better. So far I think Season 3 is the best but I've just now started Season 4 which started off kinda weak with the whole Galactic nanny shite. The second episode was amazing though. One of the standouts for me in Season 3 was "Human Nature", I was also surprised to see the actor who played Viserys in Game of Thrones in it.
:9

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3865 on: December 19, 2011, 02:32:57 PM »
I hated Skyler before Season 4.  She was just annoying (not that she was wrong).  But she was on a fucking roll in season 4.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3866 on: December 19, 2011, 02:39:17 PM »

Only watched part one, but it's really good so far. Cant wait to see what crazy  shit happens in story 2 and 3

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3867 on: December 19, 2011, 02:40:08 PM »
Yeah I'm watching Part 2 tonight.  I can't fucking wait. 

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3868 on: December 19, 2011, 02:44:49 PM »
Walt is a pos
I think people defend him in part because he isn't on the level of someone like Tony Soprano, Vic Mackey, etc, but make no mistake the man is selfish to a point of near sociopathic levels. It's hard to not think S5 will be his ultimate downfall where we see Walt as he truly is
[close]

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3869 on: December 19, 2011, 03:03:55 PM »
Yeah I'm watching Part 2 tonight.  I can't fucking wait. 
I'll be viewing 2 and 3 at work since I really have not much to do there over the xmas period

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3870 on: December 19, 2011, 03:04:36 PM »
Walt is a pos
I think people defend him in part because he isn't on the level of someone like Tony Soprano, Vic Mackey, etc, but make no mistake the man is selfish to a point of near sociopathic levels. It's hard to not think S5 will be his ultimate downfall where we see Walt as he truly is
[close]
I think he's as bad as Tony.  Tony doesn't pretend to be someone else and insist he's done nothing wrong.  He mostly knows he's a piece of shit.  He's just charismatic and manipulative enough to continue fooling everyone.  He also makes sincere efforts to change throughout the series (though he fails).  Walt doesn't even admit to himself he's a piece of shit and makes no apologies for his actions.  Tony at least shows genuine remores on a regular basis.
[close]

Everything he did he did for his family, and in the end episode he did what was necessary in order to get Gustavo while saving Hank and Jesse in the process.
[close]
:lol :lol

Enl

« Reply #3871 on: December 19, 2011, 03:26:52 PM »
Re: Dexter Season Finale.

This season has just been such a mess, to Lost proportions. Why introduce the preacher for half the season, kill him off and have their relationship have little to no impact? What the fuck was the point of all the religious overtones? What the fuck was the point of having the evidence hand through half the season, see it in the finale only to never be referred to again?

I think the show is hitting the Superman syndrome, where to compensate for their lack of plot foresight, they just make Dexter an idiot. Like mentioned earlier, why the fuck would he go to an ACTIVE CRIME SCENE TO STAGE HIS KILL? This whole season he's just been doing stupid shit because the writers just don't give a fuck anymore and it really shows.

I think I'm done with this show. I can handle True Blood being dumb, but not a show like Dexter.
[close]

WTF was the point of bringing in his brother as the Dark Passenger only to negate it an episode later.
WTF was the point of Travis having a split personality only to get rid of that part the moment of the reveal.
WTF was the point of Quinn or the new detective this season?

Yeah Dexter has some pretty terrible, unimaginative writers which is unfortunate because the show has such a great character to develop and experiment with. It seems like every time they attempt to try to break the mold they immediately get scared and revert back to the normal formula an episode later. With the Deb thing it wouldn't surprise me if the next season began with a recap of the previous season and the moment Dexter says "Oh God" it fades to black and a title card pops up "One Year Later". Or it will have Deb passing out and Dexter waking her up, trying to convince her it was all a dream.
[close]
mmm

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3872 on: December 19, 2011, 03:43:45 PM »
I wouldn't say I like or would defend Walt, but I understand him and can almost respect him for surviving and taking on situations way over his head.

Skyler does things without thinking, but on the last season she completely redeemed herself a time or two -- with one obvious STUPID AS HELL move.

seriously, Walt wanted to get his family and bounce! Only reason he had to do his crazy ass scheme is Skyler blew their safety net on her fuck buddy boss mistake
[close]
See I can understand why Skyler did what she did.  I can't understand most decisions Walt makes because (and especially in Season 4) he could have been just fine if he had never fucking made them.  He gets himself into trouble almost on purpose.  Homeboy loves drama.  Skyler just made a hasty decision to get herself out of a jam and it backfired.
[close]

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3873 on: December 19, 2011, 04:07:49 PM »
Oh it was definitely a really stupid decision.  No doubt.  But like I said, I can see why she did it.  There's little reason why Walt does anything that he does.  Homeboy is having a helluva midlife crisis and destroying his life and the lives of everyone he knows in the process.
[close]

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3874 on: December 19, 2011, 04:17:29 PM »
 :lol

fuck you.  What about Gale?  Homeboy didn't do anything.  I hated how he kept painting Gus as someone out of control and ready to kill them all in a split second.  The only one that saw through his bullshit was Mike.  The ending better be Mike going ballistic and killing them all.
[close]

Himu

« Reply #3875 on: December 19, 2011, 04:17:37 PM »
I find it hilarious how people call Skylar a bitch and try to find any excuse possible for Walt's behavior. Yeah, raping your wife is pretty excusable. But a wife who calls her husband out on his shit? Pretty inexcusable! What a bitch! Not that Skylar isn't without her problems, but fuck, the Breaking Bad fanbase is atrocious.
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #3876 on: December 19, 2011, 04:21:12 PM »
The guy on Walt's side is the dude who beat the shit out of some kid for making him spill his soda.
AMC

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3877 on: December 19, 2011, 04:21:55 PM »
I feel like Walts reasoning is perfectly clear. He started cooking to leave something for his family, assuming he was going to die soon. Now he gets in too deep, no way to get out alive unless those with his life and his family's lives in their hands are taken out. You might not agree with what he does buts it's pretty obvious at this point he needed to do what he has done to not end up dead and to keep anyone in his family from dying! I'm not saying he's a hero, but Gus would have killed him and possibly his family as soon as it was viable for him.
[close]
See I think this is where we differ completely.  He could have left it alone a long ways back but he has been prodding at Gus for a long time.  I think it's obvious at this point that Walt is an egotistical maniac who put emotion above everything else and put himself and his family in danger.  He's wanted a reason to take down Gus for a while.  We'll find out who is right when we see whether he tries to be kingpin or whether he tries to leave the life.
[close]

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3878 on: December 19, 2011, 04:22:16 PM »
The guy on Walt's side is the dude who beat the shit out of some kid for making him spill his soda.
:lol :lol

Well said.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3879 on: December 19, 2011, 04:23:49 PM »
I never said anything Walt did was excusable, but the fact is the shit he's pulled has kept him and his family alive.

If Gale were alive, Walt wouldn't be.
And why did Walt put Gus in the position to make that decision?  Because Walt is a dumbass.  What kind of business do these people think they're in?  Quit being so fucking crazy.  He could have shut the fuck up and earned his money like Jesse tried to do.  But as MJ says "Wanna be startin something.  He got to be startin somethin"

Walt is a drama queen who doesn't want to be talked down to by anyone or told what to do by anyone.  He hates the idea that he's not unique.  Also in his little speech to Skyler "Without me a company large enough to be on Nasdaq ceases to exist".  He wants to be the center of the universe.

Himu

« Reply #3880 on: December 19, 2011, 04:25:10 PM »
Walt and Jesse are both dumbasses but I reserve my hate for Jesse.

Have yet to watch season 4. Will marathon.
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3881 on: December 19, 2011, 04:25:52 PM »
Walt and Jesse are both dumbasses.

Have yet to watch season 4. Will marathon.
Jesse isn't quite as big of a dumbass in Season 4.  He actually turns into a decent character

Himu

« Reply #3882 on: December 19, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
The thing about Jesse is why the fuck won't the kid just quit the game he's not suitable for, enroll in a college, and turn his life around? I can't stand him. At least Walt had initial reasons for getting into it. Jesse after the death of his beau is a character who deserves no sympathy.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #3883 on: December 19, 2011, 04:29:47 PM »
Walt is a drama queen who doesn't want to be talked down to by anyone or told what to do by anyone.  He hates the idea that he's not unique.  Also in his little speech to Skyler "Without me a company large enough to be on Nasdaq ceases to exist".  He wants to be the center of the universe.

Nailed it.
IYKYK

Barry Egan

« Reply #3884 on: December 19, 2011, 04:41:02 PM »
The thing about Jesse is why the fuck won't the kid just quit the game he's not suitable for, enroll in a college, and turn his life around? I can't stand him. At least Walt had initial reasons for getting into it. Jesse after the death of his beau is a character who deserves no sympathy.

You'll be eating those words when you watch season 4! 

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3885 on: December 19, 2011, 04:42:40 PM »
Your explanation doesn't say why I should like him though.  I think he's badass.  Don't get me wrong.  I always yell OH SHIT when he pulls off something badass but I do hate him and I want him to die.  He causes more suffering than the people he's fighting against.  He's had so many opportunities to drop it and live the good life but he always fucks it up by being a stupid shit.  By the middle of the third season it was clear that the problem in everyone's life was Walt. 

Edit: For example, say some guy is broke and decides to rob an old lady.  Granny says "nuh uh" and pulls out a hand cannon but homeboy kills her first.  I can see why the dude did it.  It was him or her at that point.  But still fucking hate him and he's still a douchebag because hey, he could have like not robbed the old lady right?  THE DOUCHEBAG IS WALT
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 04:44:23 PM by Mupepe »

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #3886 on: December 19, 2011, 04:43:04 PM »
but how can you honestly expect him to be moral and just?

Someone's been smoking some blue meth.

Himu

« Reply #3887 on: December 19, 2011, 04:45:07 PM »
To be fair dude, life IS pretty dramatic when you have cancer and cook meth :lol

I'm not saying Walt is a good person or doing the right thing, but to act like what he's done is insane is silly when your instinct to survive will over come any social norms. This is a desperate man backed into a corner. Can't argue he didn't put himself there, but how can you honestly expect him to be moral and just? This is what makes breaking bad such an amazing piece of character development and why Cranston keeps winning awards. People who don't like Walt may be rejecting a bit of truth about humanity in my small and humble opinion.

The man raped his wife, killed people, got his son drunk in a dick waving contest, cut off people that were trying to help him, and repeatedly lied to his family/wife. Every thing he does in the series is due to his own pathetic desire to be unique or "right" to overcome his frail state as being less than a man.

Walt is a sad, selfish little shell of a man. He's a great character, but stop making excuses for him, as badass as he (sometimes) is.
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3888 on: December 19, 2011, 04:47:01 PM »
Yup yup.  Himumu nailed it.  He's smart, entertaining and badass.  No doubt about that.  But he's a terrible person who put himself in the position that he is despite the forgivings of other characters time after time.  Walt is that alcoholic relative that keeps ruining Christmas and always promises to be better.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3889 on: December 19, 2011, 04:47:25 PM »
When did Walt rape his wife? I can't remember some of the events of previous seasons.
First season (I believe) in their kitchen.

Himu

« Reply #3890 on: December 19, 2011, 04:48:15 PM »
Every thing bad that happens to Walt and Jesse is their own fault. Jesse, for instance is a dumbass. Just let it go. DON'T GO AFTER GUS' MEN. But nope.

And then in the end, it's Walt who kills them. Fuck.

Idiotic Duo.
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3891 on: December 19, 2011, 04:49:16 PM »
Trust me, Jesse redeems himself in Season 4.  Watch it Himumu!!!

Barry Egan

« Reply #3892 on: December 19, 2011, 04:54:15 PM »
To be fair, its only an attempted rape!  But that type of shit is exactly why it boggles my mind when people make excuses for Walt but can't seem to forgive his wife for being naggy or annoying.  Given the circumstances it makes sense that she's vindictive.  Her husband is ruining her life.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #3893 on: December 19, 2011, 05:07:12 PM »
That would be pretty anti-climactic.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3894 on: December 19, 2011, 05:17:53 PM »
I kinda hope they all die except Walt Jr.  It ends with Saul knocking on a hotel door room and a sad Walt Jr answers and Saul is smiling cracking jokes, lightening the mood and then when Walt Jr isn't laughing or anything he says "Well look kid, your dad was a pretty wealthy guy.  He left you this (hands Walt Jr a duffel bag filled with cash).  I know things are looking bad but there's always an upside.  I can hold onto this for you and when you need some money you just come pick it up. For a small fee of course."  While Walt Jr is looking through the bag he finds a notebook and inside is Walt's formula for the blue meth.  That's how it ends.  If you're a pessimist you can believe that Walt Jr decided to make it and Walt ruined his kid's life from beyond the grave or you can believe homeboy is chilling in costa rica while hispanic sluts rust proof his crutches in bikinis.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3895 on: December 19, 2011, 09:34:08 PM »
How is Skylar stupid? Walt is supposed to be some nobel quality genius yet doesn't know he needs to launder his fucking money, considering he had no legitimate form of income to explain his expenses?

Breaking Bad would be like one season if it Lester Freemon was in the ABQPD. I love the show but Walt's dumbass should have been caught ages ago

Beezy

« Reply #3896 on: December 20, 2011, 01:42:19 PM »
How to Make it in America got cancelled along with Hung and Bored to Death. All average to meh shows.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118047762

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #3897 on: December 20, 2011, 01:58:45 PM »
How is Skylar stupid? Walt is supposed to be some nobel quality genius yet doesn't know he needs to launder his fucking money, considering he had no legitimate form of income to explain his expenses?

Breaking Bad would be like one season if it Lester Freemon was in the ABQPD. I love the show but Walt's dumbass should have been caught ages ago
She's stupid for cooking Ted's books.  She's stupid for sending him the money to try to fix it.  The smartest thing she did was have Saul's homeboys go to make him send the check.  But either way, it was something she should have talked to Walt about first.
[close]

I'm not saying she's completely stupid.  I'm saying she made stupid decisions.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #3898 on: December 20, 2011, 02:07:15 PM »
How to Make it in America got cancelled along with Hung and Bored to Death. All average to meh shows.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118047762

bored to death is amazing if you're white.
Tonya

« Reply #3899 on: December 20, 2011, 06:35:19 PM »
I love Bored to Death. How to Make it in America never did anything for me.
野球