Author Topic: International Politics Thread - Disease and Disaster  (Read 1307504 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
People have bitched out the tories, but they're doing a great job of supporting both self and PAYE employees,

I still don't like them, but I can't not say I admire their honesty and helping out everyone in this pretty fucked up time.

I'll bookmark this for when they tax us so hard my dick falls off though.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bitumen-wcs-wti-oil-1.5511386

Locally, a gallon of gas has come all the way down to $1.34, a price point I haven't seen since around 2005.
dog

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
I didn't realize they rebranded.  I'm not sure if a nation who can't even win a name-calling fight with Greece will make the best military allies. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Unrelated and unimportant: I actually know some people from North Macedonia.
dog

BisMarckie

You mean Greece  ::)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Best Macedonia
©@©™

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/24/labours-long-leadership-battle-hampering-coronavirus-response

Why is Labour having an election right now?
Because it already had sent out the ballots, all the voting is done by mail or online I believe.

FStop7

Cops got into a fight with each other in China and then the public got involved. Hubei cops vs. Jiangxi cops.

https://twitter.com/truthabtchina/status/1243473247536058368

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/24/labours-long-leadership-battle-hampering-coronavirus-response

Why is Labour having an election right now?
Because Corbyn has not yet decided if he supports or opposes corona
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Me: "The CCP has corrupted the WHO it is an evil organization that has deliberately allowed this virus to spread and infect the population"

WHO: "What are you talking about Mr. Bond?"
🤴

Occam

Nini maana ya hii?

Occam

Unatarajia kila mtu kuwa na uwezo wa kusoma Kiarabu?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
 ::)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Angry mommy  :drool
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

nachobro

• Live Más
Israel is listed as European by WHO for some reason

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Hitler wannabe :lol

spoiler (click to show/hide)
fuck
[close]
每天生气

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Surely they put in some safeguards...right?
dog

shosta

Surely they put in some safeguards...right?
the court he packed will enforce that it's all coronavirus pertinent measures :wow
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
France was in a prolonged state of emergency after the Paris attacks that were only lifted not that long ago, and the army has been conducting more or less visible patrols ever since the 1995 bombings so I'll refrain from being too sanctimonious but Hungary has been trending in a worrying direction for a while.
ὕβρις

Occam

https://twitter.com/balazscseko/status/1244612142831198209

Damn.

Time for this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_7_of_the_Treaty_on_European_Union

There currently is no way to expel Hungary, but its membership rights can (and should be) suspended.
The country should not receive any more EU grants, either.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Just wait and see how things play out.
Most countries do these sort of things now.

In some countries the parliament just rubber stamps anything the government puts forward, in others they at least vote on that.
What matters is what happens after the crisis is over. If powers are not returned to normal, the EU should call Hungary to account.
Orban wants the money so he'll get back to symbolic bans of SOROS T-shirts.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
:piss chicoms :piss2
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

Shouldn’t the unelected eu be allied with the chicoms  :thinking

Alex Jones be like :mjcry
(ice)

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
:piss chicoms :piss2
(Image removed from quote.) ;)

Wild times

There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen

Who knows where this chapter of the history books will end

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/31/824611607/turkmenistan-has-banned-use-of-the-word-coronavirus
The Central Asian country of Turkmenistan claims it has no coronavirus cases. But if you happen to utter the word "coronavirus" while waiting, say, for the bus in the white-marbled capital Ashgabat, there's a good chance you'll be arrested.

That's because the Turkmen government, run since 2006 by the flamboyant dentist-rapper strongman Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov, has reportedly banned the word
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty correspondents in Ashgabat report that plainclothes police officers are also arresting people who wear face masks or discuss the pandemic in public.
:brain

nachobro

• Live Más
"china virus" it is :rollsafe

BisMarckie

I think I said it before but former Soviet banana republics are my fetish.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Best intelligence in the world :derp
ὕβρις

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Best intelligence in the world :derp

To be fair, they had to go through a lot of Hallmark Entertainment media to find something that dark.
dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
For his upcoming science presentation Bibi could just add some spikes to that bomb diagram he showed at the UN for the geostrategic school fair.
ὕβρις

Pissy F Benny

The fillers  :point
(ice)

shosta

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/03/ppe-world-supplies-coronavirus-163955

The coronavirus pandemic is pushing countries around the world into a cutthroat competition for medical resources — and the United States is being cast as a leading villain.

President Donald Trump’s administration stands accused of effectively hijacking shipments of masks and additional crucial supplies meant for other countries, including U.S. allies, and strong-arming private firms to prioritize America over other parts of the world. On Friday, Trump announced he was invoking the Defense Production Act to restrict U.S. exports of key medical gear.

Developing countries, where Covid-19 has yet to fully wreak havoc, are terrified of being left behind in the race for personal protective equipment, or PPE, and other materials because they cannot match the purchasing power of the U.S. and other wealthy countries.

Independent aid organizations that cater to the neediest corners of the globe are finding themselves competing for attention from medical goods manufacturers. The Trump administration has even asked aid groups to share those supplies with the U.S. government, in a bizarre reversal of the usual dynamic between the world’s leading power and those it typically helps.

“It’s ‘Lord of the Flies: PPE Edition’,” said Jeremy Konyndyk, a former U.S. official who specializes in disaster response. “We need some global solidarity, and instead we have global competition.”
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Corbyn's out.
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
How is that possible, I thought Jeremy Corbyn was the most popular Labour leader in the history of the Labour party.  :teehee
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Another stabbing in france killing a few ppl

Man was screamjng alluh akhbar

fuck this shit
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Another stabbing in france killing a few ppl

Man was screamjng alluh akhbar

fuck this shit
Religious nut jobs are always terrible at reading the room.

At some point the police will start shooting with electric rounds from safe distances and send in drones with tasers as they will want to reduce physical contact as well.
I don't think those people quite yet realize that the 'Wild West' is over and countries like France won't put up much longer with their bullshit anymore as they have different priorities.
🤴

FStop7

BoJo got transported to the hospital. They said it’s precautionary.

shosta

每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
who becomes king if he dies?

shosta

Wakanda rules. Rona gets to take the throne.
每天生气