Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1836124 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #20580 on: May 22, 2022, 01:24:04 PM »
RE suddenly remembers that Muslim communities are not exactly progressive:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/western-university-pulls-2slgbtq-poster-featuring-women-in-hijabs-kissing-after-backlash-from-london-muslim-community.586238/

2SLGBTQ+
The acronym “2SLGBTQ” stands for Two-Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (or questioning). The plus sign represents other sexual identities, such as pansexual or asexual.
 :huh :dayum :snoop :larry :supergay

https://mobile.twitter.com/nwac_ca/status/1093668255485624320
Lol, these people are fucking mental.

I'm half suspicious that most of these additional letters and flags that are added to the collection every so often are part of a long term 4chan psyop :ohhh
(ice)

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #20581 on: May 22, 2022, 01:28:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/should-video-games-include-a-brief-warning-awareness-message-about-gun-violence-going-forward.586229/
Edit: This thread is not saying video games cause gun violence, this is about the industry expressing their stance on gun violence with games that feature gun violence.

With all these shooting tragedies that happen so frequently, I cant help that the industry is not doing enough to denounce gun violence. I have been thinking about this a lot after playing DMC5: SE recently because Capcom went out of their way to say the game did not promote the use of cigarettes in an in-game message.... right after the character (Nero) was shooting at enemies from a van in a flashy intro scene. So it was kind of odd to condemn the cigarette usage but not using guns.

Now, DMC is more of a fantasy series where the enemies are demons, but there are many games where you shoot at humans as we all are aware on this forum. Personally, I think the industry has gone long enough without taking a stance and allowing players/consumers of all ages to get the message of what using a gun outside a game and in real life can cause/lead to. I really believe that at least one potential shooter could be stopped with this.

How would you guys feel about this in games?
:huh

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #20582 on: May 22, 2022, 01:28:03 PM »
It's surely only a matter of time before some nonsense is added and the flag symbolises something really fucked up to a non American/western audience :trumps
(ice)

Boredfrom

« Reply #20583 on: May 22, 2022, 01:28:05 PM »
Christ, how dumb do you have to be to make the most harmful decision here to remove. Backpedalling from your original diverse message and ultimately fuelling both homophobia and Islamophobia.

:doge

Is this victim blaming?

While I do think people should have religious freedom and Islam gets disproportionate hate, that idea of including hijab in progressive messages it blows my mind.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #20584 on: May 22, 2022, 02:28:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/should-video-games-include-a-brief-warning-awareness-message-about-gun-violence-going-forward.586229/
Edit: This thread is not saying video games cause gun violence, this is about the industry expressing their stance on gun violence with games that feature gun violence.

With all these shooting tragedies that happen so frequently, I cant help that the industry is not doing enough to denounce gun violence. I have been thinking about this a lot after playing DMC5: SE recently because Capcom went out of their way to say the game did not promote the use of cigarettes in an in-game message.... right after the character (Nero) was shooting at enemies from a van in a flashy intro scene. So it was kind of odd to condemn the cigarette usage but not using guns.

Now, DMC is more of a fantasy series where the enemies are demons, but there are many games where you shoot at humans as we all are aware on this forum. Personally, I think the industry has gone long enough without taking a stance and allowing players/consumers of all ages to get the message of what using a gun outside a game and in real life can cause/lead to. I really believe that at least one potential shooter could be stopped with this.

Fun exercise time!

Quote from: Mekanos
“The industry is not doing enough about gun violence”

Why in America do we need private corporations to solve our social and political problems? (Rhetorical question)

Quote from: NinjaScooter
Because what we need to combat gun violence in America is more empty gestures.

Quote from: Kaijiu
No. Instead, video game companies should start giving more of a shit that many of their communities are breeding grounds for radicalisation, rampant misogyny and hatred toward minorities.

Quote from: Souls Survivor
Absolutely not. If anything needs a disclaimer, it's that the developers can not and should not stand for being scapegoated by right wings politicians and talking heads trying to distract from the fact that the blood of American mass shootings is dripping from their hands.

Quote from: Neoxon
Video games aren’t to the root of the problem, so no. We don’t need to cater to Republican talking points that attempt to misdirect the real source of the problem, fuck them.

I get where you’re coming from in terms of wanting to shine a light on the real problem, but don’t underestimate Republicans’ ability to spin things. Give them an inch, they’ll go a fucking mile.

If the topic was abortion rights and not gun violence, how many of these posters would be banned?

TacoWallace

« Reply #20585 on: May 22, 2022, 02:37:58 PM »
Mimic didnt even get catfished I bet.

He was just talking out of his ass

That's what Sean Duran wanted him to do for $2500...with a Brad Pitt mask on

ShutUp

« Reply #20586 on: May 22, 2022, 03:56:23 PM »
“We don’t need more empty gestures from corporations”

Finally. They admit it. Vidya can get back to just being about vidya  :jeb

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20587 on: May 22, 2022, 03:58:23 PM »
The two spirit shit is just a LARP.
People having an excuse to live out their own weird ass Square Enix character IRL.

Do whatever the hell you want just don't blame others for not indulging in your fantasy.
Ironically Islam is much the same, so they're perfect for eachother  :heart

“We don’t need more empty gestures from corporations”

Finally. They admit it. Vidya can get back to just being about vidya  :jeb
The tide is turning, #nintexwasright
🤴

NekoFever

« Reply #20588 on: May 22, 2022, 04:36:36 PM »
RE suddenly remembers that Muslim communities are not exactly progressive:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/western-university-pulls-2slgbtq-poster-featuring-women-in-hijabs-kissing-after-backlash-from-london-muslim-community.586238/

2SLGBTQ+
The acronym “2SLGBTQ” stands for Two-Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (or questioning). The plus sign represents other sexual identities, such as pansexual or asexual.
 :huh :dayum :snoop :larry :supergay

https://mobile.twitter.com/nwac_ca/status/1093668255485624320
Lol, these people are fucking mental.

I'm half suspicious that most of these additional letters and flags that are added to the collection every so often are part of a long term 4chan psyop :ohhh

Are you suggesting that adding Q as a catch-all, then adding + as another catch-all, then still continuing to make it longer anyway might not be done in good faith?

« Reply #20589 on: May 22, 2022, 04:54:32 PM »
i cant believe theyd leave an important member like excelsheet banned in a time of crisis for trans people

:fbm

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #20590 on: May 22, 2022, 05:48:12 PM »

Fun exercise time!

Quote from: Mekanos
“The industry is not doing enough about gun violence”

Why in America do we need private corporations to solve our social and political problems? (Rhetorical question)

Quote from: NinjaScooter
Because what we need to combat gun violence in America is more empty gestures.

No. Instead, video game companies should start giving more of a shit that many of their communities are breeding grounds for radicalisation, rampant misogyny and hatred toward minorities.

Absolutely not. If anything needs a disclaimer, it's that the developers can not and should not stand for being scapegoated by right wings politicians and talking heads trying to distract from the fact that the blood of American mass shootings is dripping from their hands.

Quote from: Neoxon
Video games aren’t to the root of the problem, so no. We don’t need to cater to Republican talking points that attempt to misdirect the real source of the problem, fuck them.

I get where you’re coming from in terms of wanting to shine a light on the real problem, but don’t underestimate Republicans’ ability to spin things. Give them an inch, they’ll go a fucking mile.

If the topic was abortion rights and not gun violence, how many of these posters would be banned?
If the US wants to start combatting gun violence, it should first start in poorer, predominantly black, communities where gun violence happens on a daily basis and which does the most damage and claims the most lives. But Reeeeesetera isn't going to touch that one.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #20591 on: May 22, 2022, 05:50:40 PM »
Christ, how dumb do you have to be to make the most harmful decision here to remove. Backpedalling from your original diverse message and ultimately fuelling both homophobia and Islamophobia.

Is this victim blaming?

While I do think people should have religious freedom and Islam gets disproportionate hate, that idea of including hijab in progressive messages it blows my mind.

Why can't the progressives be honest and just admit that putting lesbians in hijab on a poster is actually a hate crime against Muslims?
Spud

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #20592 on: May 22, 2022, 06:35:38 PM »

Uh, what?

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #20593 on: May 22, 2022, 07:06:01 PM »
Amazing thread starting

Would you make it so COVID never happened but by doing that Trump ends up being reelected?

Because surely no one would have died under another term of Donald Trump?

Trump being re-elected brings about a fear in me that Putin would be even more empowered to try to start World War 3 having the US as an ally.

Covid was a much needed wake up call about man's encrotchment into wild habitats/environment, the dangers of our current use of animals as a food source and a very salient example of something global warming will probably make more frequent. It sucked but if it wasn't covid in 2020 it would have been something else, potentially worse, eventually. Also I'm not american so Trump doesn't register, I'm too busy keeping my own far right, russian assets from wrecking shit.
So I choose this timeline even though it wreaked havoc on my mental health, still climbing back from that shit.

I lost my grandfather. I wasn't allowed to say goodbye to him. I couldn't even hug my relatives at the funeral. Did I experience enough pain to check your box?

But I care about:
- The environmental collapse of the planet
- The destruction of American and worldwide democracy
- The future of all minorities who were vilified under Trump

:lol :lol :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/would-you-make-it-so-covid-never-happened-but-by-doing-that-trump-ends-up-being-reelected.586394/#post-87006953

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #20594 on: May 22, 2022, 07:11:50 PM »
Amazing thread starting

Would you make it so COVID never happened but by doing that Trump ends up being reelected?

Covid was a much needed wake up call about man's encrotchment into wild habitats/environment

Encrotchment?

Is that like when men take their penises and fuck the environment or something?
Spud

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #20595 on: May 22, 2022, 07:14:02 PM »
Amazing thread starting

Covid was a much needed wake up call about man's encrotchment into wild habitats/environment

Encrotchment?

You mean you don’t do that?  :girlaff
Margs

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #20596 on: May 22, 2022, 08:03:41 PM »
Amazing thread starting

Because surely no one would have died under another term of Donald Trump?

Trump being re-elected brings about a fear in me that Putin would be even more empowered to try to start World War 3 having the US as an ally.

Covid was a much needed wake up call about man's encrotchment into wild habitats/environment, the dangers of our current use of animals as a food source and a very salient example of something global warming will probably make more frequent. It sucked but if it wasn't covid in 2020 it would have been something else, potentially worse, eventually. Also I'm not american so Trump doesn't register, I'm too busy keeping my own far right, russian assets from wrecking shit.
So I choose this timeline even though it wreaked havoc on my mental health, still climbing back from that shit.

I lost my grandfather. I wasn't allowed to say goodbye to him. I couldn't even hug my relatives at the funeral. Did I experience enough pain to check your box?

But I care about:
- The environmental collapse of the planet
- The destruction of American and worldwide democracy
- The future of all minorities who were vilified under Trump

:lol :lol :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/would-you-make-it-so-covid-never-happened-but-by-doing-that-trump-ends-up-being-reelected.586394/#post-87006953

And in obvious news...

User Banned (2 Weeks): Creation of inappropriate, inflammatory thread, thread making privileges revoked

I mean, they gotta be dense to not see the reaction coming that it had.

« Reply #20597 on: May 22, 2022, 08:30:50 PM »
Today, in Constructive, a moderator again tells a member rules are selectively enforced and the best way to find out if your thread will break one is by making it and seeing what happens:
Quote from: PSOreo
I have a general open question I’d love feedback on. Why is one of the foundations of thread creations, mentioned in the rules, constantly ignored? I’m talking about effort.

“When you create a thread, you should include more than just one or two short sentences..”

I see mods doing this repeatedly. Why is it ignored and not enforced? Is it just easier to drive user engagement on the site to allow it? If that’s the case then why include it in the rules from day one?

I'm always hesitant to make a thread incase I'm unable to give it enough substance or detail but then I just see hundreds of lazily created threads over the last year and makes me wonder why I even worry. I might have a false memory but I feel threads used to get shut down quickly if they were lazy and low effort.
Quote from: FliX
I am sure you will appreciate that this is hardly a cut and dry rule. With easy to define and narrow boundaries. We are not going to start counting characters and locking anything under 200 words.
I think overall we probably don't moderate to that rule a lot regardless of thread author. Probably because we don't want to be accused of not letting our hair down and being a "no fun allowed" kinda place...
And I am pretty sure you'd have to be really egregious and constantly so to get more than the thread locked.
So in other words, you are probably overthinking it, create the thread. worst case someone will come in and lock it down, I would not expect a ban or even a warning for anything benign.

"Probably because we don't want to be accused of not letting our hair down and being a "no fun allowed" kinda place..." reads funny given how fond they are of "do we really need a thread about ______" as a lock reason

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #20598 on: May 22, 2022, 08:36:53 PM »

So in other words, you are probably overthinking it, create the thread. worst case someone will come in and lock it down, I would not expect a ban or even a warning for anything benign.

Annnnd THERE'S the gigantic caveat in great big blinking lights. That board and their moderation team have a habit of defining anything, even the benign, as a 'Sensitive ThreadTM'. If you're not a protected member, create threads at your own risk (See Above).

Polident Hive

« Reply #20599 on: May 22, 2022, 08:45:38 PM »
Earnest question: are there any in-jokes and memes there? Decaying jokes like Thor 2 and Italian meal were in rotation last I read. There’s a reason Chappelle in 2022 isn’t yelling I’m Rick James on stage.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #20600 on: May 22, 2022, 08:56:15 PM »

Annnnd THERE'S the gigantic caveat in great big blinking lights. That board and their moderation team have a habit of defining anything, even the benign, as a 'Sensitive ThreadTM'. If you're not a protected member, create threads at your own risk (See Above).
What they define as a Sensitive Thread™ is actually a case of sensitive people.
Spud

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #20601 on: May 22, 2022, 09:01:57 PM »
That's how I like my rules. Vague guidelines with the likelihood of permanently getting banned if the mods feel like it.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #20602 on: May 22, 2022, 09:08:33 PM »
That's how I like my rules. Vague guidelines with the likelihood of permanently getting banned if the mods feel like it.
That's what creates the bonfire atmosphere!
Spud

FUME5

« Reply #20603 on: May 23, 2022, 12:23:33 AM »
Soapbox Killer is still duration pending.

What intense discussions are underway one wonders?

Taco Bell Tower

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #20605 on: May 23, 2022, 04:32:44 AM »
Soapbox Killer is still duration pending.

What intense discussions are underway one wonders?
COVID-induced staff shortages are to blame.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #20606 on: May 23, 2022, 08:55:36 AM »
If you didn't do anything wrong, what do you have to fear?

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #20607 on: May 23, 2022, 08:59:40 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps1-games-on-asian-psn-for-5-9-includes-crt-filter-rewind-trophies-optional-ps1-online-scaling-screenshots.586328/
So much for fuck Sony and Jim Ryan :lol

A lot of the forum has diehard Sony fanboys or actual Sony employees. Uncharted the movie is being propped up right now on gaming side, which stars Marky Mark, who is more conservative than Demon Chappelle. Marky Mark also blinded an Asian person, but he's in Uncharted, so he's good people fam.

Along with scientology sympathizers or actual scientologists. People like Tom Cruise or Will Smith have staunch defenders, while Dave Chappelle or Bill Burr are genuine Trans holocaust demons part of the anti Trans cabal.

Resetera is genuinely one of the most slimy and gross forums out there right now.
OH!

BadAss2961

« Reply #20608 on: May 23, 2022, 09:40:38 AM »
A lot of the forum has diehard Sony fanboys or actual Sony employees. Uncharted the movie is being propped up right now on gaming side, which stars Marky Mark, who is more conservative than Demon Chappelle. Marky Mark also blinded an Asian person, but he's in Uncharted, so he's good people fam.

I still can't bring myself to watch it with spidey boy as Nate.

Reset will forgive anything that does good box office. The MCU is a glorified CW show with $200m budgets, and they think they're good movies.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #20609 on: May 23, 2022, 10:24:47 AM »
Damn that photo of his finger is NSFL.

Yeah, it's weird they didn't issue a trigger warning or something with the trial being live streamed like this.

a trigger warning would have been nice...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/johnny-depp-v-amber-heards-defamation-trial-is-underway.572257/page-115

Yes why does this trial that's specifically about horrific abuse (no matter which side you believe) not include trigger warnings???

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #20610 on: May 23, 2022, 10:56:32 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #20611 on: May 23, 2022, 11:07:06 AM »
"Objection, your honor, no trigger warning."
"Sustained. The jury may disregard if the evidence presented is causing trauma."

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #20612 on: May 23, 2022, 11:17:48 AM »
I got through a couple of movies recently, and then went down rabbit holes on youtube for said movies. Easter eggs and all that jazz.

Then I read through spoiler threads on era and like 80% of the posts are almost verbatim shit from those videos, except in first person.

SmokyDave

« Reply #20613 on: May 23, 2022, 11:28:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/metro-uk-article-pub-landlord-lives-off-%C2%A31-a-day-to-show-people-are-%E2%80%98not-living-but-surviving%E2%80%99-makes-spag-bol-out-of-a-burger.586529/

Gonna drink a shot for every resetter that just sees the word 'landlord' and pitches a hissy.

Edit: Heh, bagged a pair already:

Quote from: ProstatePuncher
This thick cunt really expects millions of people to just start robbing their local McDonalds for milk, sauce and whatever else they can try to get for free, so they replicate this stupid experiment? And imagine just relying on luck for your nutrition, just hoping a promotional burger falls into your lap every day. I fucking hate landlords.
Quote from: Razmos
Stuff like this always feels more like its taking the piss more than anything, even people with no money wouldn't be trying to live off £1 a day and going to such extremes I feel. It always comes across as "look I can do it so why can't you" when the guy is no danger of ever needing to do so since he's a scum landlord.

Even if he's trying to frame it as "nobody could live like this" it still just feels scummy and mocking

:lol

Thick as pig shit.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20614 on: May 23, 2022, 11:28:26 AM »
Damn that photo of his finger is NSFL.

Yeah, it's weird they didn't issue a trigger warning or something with the trial being live streamed like this.

a trigger warning would have been nice...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/johnny-depp-v-amber-heards-defamation-trial-is-underway.572257/page-115

Yes why does this trial that's specifically about horrific abuse (no matter which side you believe) not include trigger warnings???

Wtf is the point of being a mod if you need a trigger warning lol

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #20615 on: May 23, 2022, 11:30:21 AM »
They're talking about the livestream in court photos, which makes it even more ridiculous they're asking for a trigger warning in court when showing evidence.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20616 on: May 23, 2022, 11:39:45 AM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #20617 on: May 23, 2022, 11:47:40 AM »
I got through a couple of movies recently, and then went down rabbit holes on youtube for said movies. Easter eggs and all that jazz.

Then I read through spoiler threads on era and like 80% of the posts are almost verbatim shit from those videos, except in first person.

Anything more complicated than a Marvel movie requires a 30 minute Voxsplainer. And the Marvel movies require two hours.
©@©™

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20618 on: May 23, 2022, 12:40:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/your-tesla-catch-fire-and-traps-you-in-shoulda-read-the-manual.586091/page-4#post-86988230
If you're unable to open a physical door release you shouldn't be driving. I mean that literally, I think it's part of a fitness test.
Wat

Snoopycat_

« Reply #20619 on: May 23, 2022, 12:48:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/metro-uk-article-pub-landlord-lives-off-%C2%A31-a-day-to-show-people-are-%E2%80%98not-living-but-surviving%E2%80%99-makes-spag-bol-out-of-a-burger.586529/

Gonna drink a shot for every resetter that just sees the word 'landlord' and pitches a hissy.

This thick cunt really expects millions of people to just start robbing their local McDonalds for milk, sauce and whatever else they can try to get for free, so they replicate this stupid experiment? And imagine just relying on luck for your nutrition, just hoping a promotional burger falls into your lap every day. I fucking hate landlords.

Thick as pig shit.

The irony is hilarious. I doubt he’ll be back in that thread

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20620 on: May 23, 2022, 12:51:37 PM »

Thick as pig shit.

The irony is hilarious. I doubt he’ll be back in that thread
You haven't read the OP.
No one at Reee reads OPs.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20621 on: May 23, 2022, 12:54:15 PM »

Stuff like this always feels more like its taking the piss more than anything, even people with no money wouldn't be trying to live off £1 a day and going to such extremes I feel. It always comes across as "look I can do it so why can't you" when the guy is no danger of ever needing to do so since he's a scum landlord.

Even if he's trying to frame it as "nobody could live like this" it still just feels scummy and mocking

Thick as pig shit.
So am I supposed to hate this disgusting Tory scum landlord cunt or am I supposed to laud this Labour-voting small businessman who is raising awareness about poverty.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20622 on: May 23, 2022, 01:13:05 PM »
Another shameful demand from some members of my community and equally shameful caputulaton to their demands. Bogots should not be given even an inch of space.
:wag

bxgots :wag

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20623 on: May 23, 2022, 01:14:07 PM »
Amazing thread starting

Encrotchment?

Encrxtchment :wag

benjipwns

« Reply #20624 on: May 23, 2022, 01:16:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/your-tesla-catch-fire-and-traps-you-in-shoulda-read-the-manual.586091/page-4#post-86988230
If you're unable to open a physical door release you shouldn't be driving. I mean that literally, I think it's part of a fitness test.
Wat
That's ableism really there's nothing about driving that requires someone to be strong enough to push a door which can be difficult for somebody with arthritis or so many other conditions.
How about when the car is on fire, which is the point of this thread?
This is absurd. The amount of force required to open a car door isn't much higher than the force required to turn the steering wheel. If you're really that infirm it's unlikely that you'd be able to physically drive in the first place.
It actually is part of a fitness test. For police.

There is no fitness test for people to have a drivers license. The vision test is mostly something you're supposed to disclose, the standards on the one you take are so low that it's near impossible to fail in a way that denies you a license.

Anyway:
Quote from: Punchline
this twitter thread gave me a panic attack while i was looking at it the other day. i hate cars so much
Stay safe.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20625 on: May 23, 2022, 01:17:57 PM »
Earnest question: are there any in-jokes and memes there? Decaying jokes like Thor 2 and Italian meal were in rotation last I read. There’s a reason Chappelle in 2022 isn’t yelling I’m Rick James on stage.

YOU DON'T REMEMBER WHEN THE GUY ACCESSED ERA FROM A DREAMCAST?
THE DREAMCAST HE WATCHED PORN WITH HIS BUDDIES ON?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Era has a ton of memes, but they're all at their expense, not in-jokes;
 - history of histories
 - no fun allowed
 - 'this is why _____ are leaving in droves'
 - SUMMIT NOW
 - '[innocuous activity like reading] is an alt-right flag'
 etc etc etc
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #20626 on: May 23, 2022, 01:47:10 PM »
Amazing thread starting

And in obvious news...

User Banned (2 Weeks): Creation of inappropriate, inflammatory thread, thread making privileges revoked

I mean, they gotta be dense to not see the reaction coming that it had.
OP requested their account deleted.

benjipwns

« Reply #20627 on: May 23, 2022, 01:47:42 PM »
User Warned: Platform Warring; Also, Please Don't Use the Term "Gimped" It has Ableist Conotations

Are you telling me that Microsoft shipping an SKU with gimped specifications... held back the scope of games that could be developed for the platform?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20628 on: May 23, 2022, 02:09:32 PM »
Remember posters, these are the approved words:
- oof
- yikes
- fuck [insert thing or name]

Anything else depends on your race, disability or gender.

Are you telling me that Microsoft shipping an SKU with gimped specifications... held back the scope of games that could be developed for the platform?
REJECTED

Are they/them telling me that Microsoft shipping an SKU with yikes specifications... held back the scope of media that could be created for the platformx? Fuck Microsoft
APPROVED
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #20629 on: May 23, 2022, 03:32:54 PM »

Thick as pig shit.
Once it was pointed out how fucking stupid they were, they immediately went after the man himself
Spud

ShutUp

« Reply #20630 on: May 23, 2022, 03:41:39 PM »
User Warned: Platform Warring; Also, Please Don't Use the Term "Gimped" It has Ableist Conotations

:era

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20631 on: May 23, 2022, 03:54:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lucasfilm-warned-incoming-star-wars-villain-moses-ingram-about-racist-fans.586652/#post-87045272
I've never come across a fanbase that has such a long history of being so consistently caustic to the people make the media they consume. Damn near everybody that works with Star Wars in a visible way had a story to tell.
:spiders

Taco Bell Tower

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

FUME5

« Reply #20634 on: May 23, 2022, 07:59:50 PM »
Gimped? Really? REALLY?

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #20635 on: May 23, 2022, 11:02:15 PM »
https://www.insider.com/amber-heard-johnny-depp-trial-the-daily-wire-spent-thousands-2022-5

Wow.  Era and the alt-right agreeing on the same thing.  Never seen that before.   :awesome
sigh

ShutUp

« Reply #20636 on: May 23, 2022, 11:10:31 PM »
Wow. Articles against the abuser? Crazy

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #20637 on: May 23, 2022, 11:18:57 PM »

warning picture of domestic abuser.
spoiler (click to show/hide)

But which one?

[close]
sigh

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20638 on: May 23, 2022, 11:23:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/redfall-and-starfield-have-been-delayed-to-the-first-half-of-2023.582614/page-20#post-87044231
User Banned (permenant): Persistant history of posting to incite console wars, previously had thread making privileges revoked for similar behavior
Interesting read. They cite both Starfield and Redfall delays...

Polident Hive

« Reply #20639 on: May 23, 2022, 11:39:59 PM »

Fifteen minutes until user posts Suckbox Peeries L