Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1083177 times)

Bebpo

Re: Corona Thread |OT| We ask God Almighty to spare all humanity from all harm
« Reply #1260 on: March 09, 2020, 10:15:33 PM »
Because in America, no one tells you what to do!

:usacry

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

« Reply #1262 on: March 09, 2020, 10:23:04 PM »
Had my day of pre-surgery appointments today at UWMC, I'm basically on doctor recommended quarantine until the 20th. I can go outside but should really avoid large groups of people between now and then, and then probably for a while until I've recovered.

Also, my best friend's kid's school just got shut down for a week after someone there tested positive for it. So much fun.
野球

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #1263 on: March 09, 2020, 10:32:32 PM »
Godspeed, Mr. Gundam.
serge

Himu

« Reply #1264 on: March 09, 2020, 10:36:54 PM »
God striking down all the Trumpers in the GOP up to and including Trump would be a glorious rapture

:lawd only silver lining of this awfulness.
IYKYK

Tripon

BisMarckie

« Reply #1266 on: March 09, 2020, 10:41:28 PM »
They could have just written No Shosta instead.  ::)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 10:45:52 PM by BisMarckie »

« Reply #1267 on: March 09, 2020, 11:13:29 PM »
Decided to check out expedia after I saw all the Europeans gloating on twitter about cheap flights and holiday packages, it's barely cheaper here yet... maybe 100 bucks or so  :fbm

bluemax

« Reply #1268 on: March 09, 2020, 11:41:51 PM »
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1237218157485527041

One step closer to me working from home!
NO

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Tripon

« Reply #1270 on: March 10, 2020, 12:01:52 AM »
https://twitter.com/hknightsf/status/1237082952133050368

they docked in oakland bb  ::)

Didn't SF also say that they didn't want the ship to dock as well?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1271 on: March 10, 2020, 12:10:04 AM »
the rich white shitlibs have become emboldened  :mueller

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1272 on: March 10, 2020, 12:14:50 AM »
Raiders are gone, but at least y’all got corona. :neogaf
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1273 on: March 10, 2020, 12:15:43 AM »
Raiders are gone, but at least y’all got corona. :neogaf
they'll suffer less now!

Tripon

« Reply #1274 on: March 10, 2020, 01:12:42 AM »
Best Western has my priorities though the Corona virus.

Tripon

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #1276 on: March 10, 2020, 02:00:57 AM »
mild vs serious split has improved to 88 vs 12
which is reassuring

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1277 on: March 10, 2020, 05:34:14 AM »
All those masks, we're getting closer and closer to that glorious Dominion Tank Police future !
:rejoice
ὕβρις

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1278 on: March 10, 2020, 07:06:35 AM »
Did my first grocery shopping since the start of the Great Australian Panic Buying epidemic of 2020...stupidity is indeed infectious.

Toilet paper was all gone, paracetamol and ibuprofen too. Rice and pasta aisle was practically empty as well. The lady who served me said this week was a little slower than last week when they had people buying $600 worth of canned foods and other long-life stuff.

My observation is that Australians are indeed as selfish as we accuse other people of being.
Spud

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1279 on: March 10, 2020, 09:13:54 AM »
All those masks, we're getting closer and closer to that glorious Dominion Tank Police future !
:rejoice

We've even got a militarized police force!
dog

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #1280 on: March 10, 2020, 09:38:32 AM »
Did my first grocery shopping since the start of the Great Australian Panic Buying epidemic of 2020...stupidity is indeed infectious.

Toilet paper was all gone, paracetamol and ibuprofen too. Rice and pasta aisle was practically empty as well. The lady who served me said this week was a little slower than last week when they had people buying $600 worth of canned foods and other long-life stuff.

My observation is that Australians are indeed as selfish as we accuse other people of being.

I went to get some TP for my cousin while I was staying in Brisbane, went around midday and the shelves were empty so Ithought "I'll just come back at 6pm". Came back a few hours later, when I came back they were out of paper towels too.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #1281 on: March 10, 2020, 10:22:11 AM »
Train ridership has gone down for sure. I think I lost 40% of my fellow commuters this week
:O

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1282 on: March 10, 2020, 10:36:55 AM »
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1237385997551374336

“If one wants to lick the inside of a fireplace for several hours in order to contract a high fever that leads to prolonged vomiting, that’s also okay, just as long as it’s a fireplace that hasn’t been cleaned in over 20 years and has a lot of cobwebs inside of it,” said a glassy-eyed and visibly pale CDC official. “We just know that doorknobs are readily accessible, and we want Americans to feel as if the contraction of harmful diseases can be easy and quick.”
What

james

« Reply #1283 on: March 10, 2020, 11:15:39 AM »
If people keep buying TP I'm going to have to get one of those struggle bidet converters :gamer

Theyre nice to have, reduces bleeding

james

« Reply #1284 on: March 10, 2020, 11:28:22 AM »
We have a meeting on Tuesday and Im in charge of ordering the catering and I dont know what I should do

:existential

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #1285 on: March 10, 2020, 11:29:06 AM »

I went to get some TP for my cousin while I was staying in Brisbane, went around midday and the shelves were empty so Ithought "I'll just come back at 6pm". Came back a few hours later, when I came back they were out of paper towels too.

Protip: that thin paper they use for the pages of bibles works really well, and one will last you like a full year. Basically free, too. Watch out for paper cuts, though.
serge

« Reply #1286 on: March 10, 2020, 11:59:38 AM »
Godspeed, Mr. Gundam.

Thanks, should be fine, but I truly appreciate the positive thoughts and likes. My wife and I were both WFH already so it's not much different. I'm still walking our daughter to school in the morning and then picking her up in the afternoon, but my doctors figured that was fine since it's all outdoors. Was hoping to get one last brewery trip in before surgery, but now that's probably a bad idea. Oh well, definitely first world problems.

My parents are in Australia right now until the day before my surgery visiting family up in Queensland after spending a month in New Zeland, and we're a little worried that they're gonna be stuck over there. Every time Trump announces a press conference we're always afraid he's gonna shut down air travel completely. We're going to need their help watching the kid while I'm in the hospital and a couple weeks after while I'm recovering.
野球

G The Resurrected

« Reply #1287 on: March 10, 2020, 12:02:09 PM »
My TOTO washlet gives me unlimited hot water, my ass is ready!

Honestly though things are starting to pressurize in the medical community here in Santa Clara County. I've been to several doctors the last two weeks and you can tell they are gearing up and the pressure is starting to hit them. Yesterday I had to go in due to a respiratory illness (troubled breathing) that hasn't fully cleared up, they called me before I came in and when I got there they were in full protective gear and met me at my car. I got asked a litany of questions about my symptoms and asked about a few locations I might have visited here in the county, which have yet to be addressed to the general public so as to not panic anyone. I shared where I've gone in the past few weeks with the medical investigations team in case those locations overlap with known/future cases. They currently are not administering testing because each test has to be approved through a system that they do not control currently, they would have ordered it if it weren't for this system artificially controlling their ability. The algorithm they are using and the metrics for testing are determined by HHS in connection with CDC. From what one of the doctors told me it isn't implemented all that well and there fear is that people who should be tested are going untested. After all that was said and done I was told that I should limit my exposure while on my meds and to watch my symptoms closely for any sudden changes, they described it as a spike on the system. They did not confirm if the times I went to any of the known locations overlapped with known/suspected cases. It was an extremely sobering experience and troubling as I've never seen anything like it before in my life.

I'm worried that people are getting the wrong impression of the false sense of easing panic like a calm before the storm. You can see the dismissive nature of people who feel like it's all just a bunch of nothing because nothing has happened yet and the panic has subsided. Those people are the ones who will be carriers and make the situation worse when things start to surge. 

Panic buying is in full force here and store shelves and pharmacies are having a hard time with things right now. I got my meds Sunday at Target and there were lines all over the store for buying products like bleach, soap, baby diapers, female products. I imagine this will continue for a while as people stock up. But if it doesn't stop I fear those that need basics will be left without. Those who can't really afford to spend money on those things right now because they live paycheck to paycheck are usually those who have the jobs that interact with people directly. It's a damn disaster waiting to happen.

james

« Reply #1288 on: March 10, 2020, 12:23:13 PM »
FIRST WORLD COUNTRY

« Reply #1289 on: March 10, 2020, 12:24:54 PM »
Seattle Public Schools has said as much. We're getting daily emails from the district as well as our daughter's elementary school. Amazingly we still haven't had any cases reported here considering it's all around us. Closing down is the last resort when there is an actual outbreak or the state orders it. There are too many students who don't have internet access for online learning to be equitable or who would lose breakfast and lunch. With that said, they've also said anyone who keeps their kids out of school won't be punished for it.
野球

james

« Reply #1290 on: March 10, 2020, 12:31:01 PM »
Shit just esclatated

National guard being sent in to contain the jews

https://twitter.com/j__velasquez/status/1237413194467082241

G The Resurrected

« Reply #1291 on: March 10, 2020, 12:32:58 PM »
Mr. Gundam with regards to your health have you considered taking action and keeping your kid from going to school temporarily while you await getting your procedure done and your subsequent recovery?

The public school system being used as the largest food bank in the country... It really shows just how fragile our social structures really are here, which intern impacts the economy on a larger scale. You'd think a certain candidate could use this to shine a little light on our problems here in the US and capitalize on making the changes needed.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #1292 on: March 10, 2020, 12:34:58 PM »
Shit just esclatated

The FEMA death camps are coming!

Himu

« Reply #1293 on: March 10, 2020, 12:37:33 PM »
Yeah i think you should keep the little one at home, Gundam.

You cannot afford this given you have a precedure coming up. This is my opinion and I won't nor can I tell you how to parent but it's how I feel. Don't want you to risk catching it.
IYKYK

james

« Reply #1294 on: March 10, 2020, 12:37:54 PM »
Shit just esclatated

The FEMA death camps are coming!

Im loading up on guns, ammo, and surplus military vehicles.

Big government can't contain me but they are welcome to try

« Reply #1295 on: March 10, 2020, 12:54:10 PM »
Mr. Gundam with regards to your health have you considered taking action and keeping your kid from going to school temporarily while you await getting your procedure done and your subsequent recovery?

The public school system being used as the largest food bank in the country... It really shows just how fragile our social structures really are here, which intern impacts the economy on a larger scale. You'd think a certain candidate could use this to shine a little light on our problems here in the US and capitalize on making the changes needed.

We've talked about it and even mentioned that to my doctors yesterday but they didn't think it was necessary. I don't want her missing school, the poor kid would go crazy.
野球

BisMarckie

« Reply #1296 on: March 10, 2020, 12:57:45 PM »
James buying military grade equipment financed by his success in unethical highly speculative options trading.

The new American dream. :american

G The Resurrected

« Reply #1297 on: March 10, 2020, 01:05:38 PM »
We've talked about it and even mentioned that to my doctors yesterday but they didn't think it was necessary. I don't want her missing school, the poor kid would go crazy.

It might be a good time to have the conversation with the school about study from home, if things do start to become more challenging and riskier. So you are prepared and able to respond appropriately. I wouldn't want my kid missing out on school too, they'd go stir crazy very easily in that scenario I'm sure. I just worry about ya, and know its been difficult health wise for you. Wishing you the best with your operation Duder!

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #1298 on: March 10, 2020, 01:53:25 PM »
Right thread this time.

https://twitter.com/JamesVGrimaldi/status/1237381858410856448

Hope the Times follows this example.

Bebpo

« Reply #1299 on: March 10, 2020, 02:01:23 PM »
Yeah I had to pay to sub to a digital newspaper for the first time in my life to track the local news around me on this. Going rate seems to be about $10/month which seems like a lot for a news site.

Himu

« Reply #1300 on: March 10, 2020, 02:05:55 PM »
Yeah I had to pay to sub to a digital newspaper for the first time in my life to track the local news around me on this. Going rate seems to be about $10/month which seems like a lot for a news site.

Newspapers cost 3 dollars a paper, usually 6 dollars for a Sunday paper. So it really isn't.
IYKYK

G The Resurrected

« Reply #1301 on: March 10, 2020, 02:24:02 PM »

How about all public health and political news should be free for everyone without a paywall? The fact that they didn't do this sooner is an issue in itself.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1302 on: March 10, 2020, 02:26:20 PM »

How about all public health and political news should be free for everyone without a paywall? The fact that they didn't do this sooner is an issue in itself.
What would be the point of the paywall then?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #1303 on: March 10, 2020, 02:31:59 PM »
sports news and the weird stories section
每天生气

Tripon

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1305 on: March 10, 2020, 02:53:12 PM »
funny cat pictures
©@©™

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #1306 on: March 10, 2020, 02:54:26 PM »
How soon until Etiolate gets it?
每天生气

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1307 on: March 10, 2020, 03:01:48 PM »
He'll never really get it.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #1308 on: March 10, 2020, 03:03:36 PM »
It's spreading because you guys aren't praying enough. blood is on your hands.

james

« Reply #1309 on: March 10, 2020, 03:05:26 PM »
My university just closed, kiddies are being sent home (including the freshman marketing majors)

Office is in full chaos because absolutely no advance planning was done  :doge

Union rules prohibit working from home so this is all news to everyone  :doge

« Reply #1310 on: March 10, 2020, 03:06:40 PM »
Right thread this time.

https://twitter.com/JamesVGrimaldi/status/1237381858410856448

Seattle Times started doing this here the other week, good to be responsible.
野球

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #1311 on: March 10, 2020, 03:15:33 PM »
outside china cases closing in on 1/3 of the total
deaths increased by 1k to 4k total in the past week

james

« Reply #1312 on: March 10, 2020, 03:18:32 PM »
I want to go to walmart and double stock up but also there is a distinct possibility every item at walmart is infected

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #1313 on: March 10, 2020, 03:20:07 PM »
It's at ~120k cases supposedly.
I wonder what the actual number of cases is truly at, a factor of 2? 5? An entire magnitude or more?

BisMarckie

« Reply #1314 on: March 10, 2020, 03:21:49 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E28UQU?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_2

Buy this, fill it with isopropyl and spray the aisles at walmart.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1315 on: March 10, 2020, 03:27:55 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E28UQU?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_2

Buy this, fill it with isopropyl and spray the aisles at walmart.

And the people.
©@©™

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1316 on: March 10, 2020, 03:28:33 PM »
Was supposed to go to Poland next week with the fam but with countries locking down well stay home cause we don't want to get stuck.

BisMarckie

« Reply #1317 on: March 10, 2020, 03:31:32 PM »
Was supposed to go to Poland next week with the fam but with countries locking down well stay home cause we don't want to get stuck.

I am going to Gdansk on easter. If our flight back gets cancelled, we‘ll sneak over the border like we did in the 80‘s :juche

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #1318 on: March 10, 2020, 03:31:57 PM »
Hopefully SK is more reflective of the pandemic. Italy is probably skewed by undertesting, facilities overwhelmed, and loads of oldies infecting each other fast.
SK does extensive testing which boosts detection of minor cases, as a result their fatality estimates is close to 1%.

Still far from insignificant mind you, just not the bioweapon terror people feared.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1319 on: March 10, 2020, 03:47:38 PM »
As I said before, if my chances of winning the lottery were that good Id spend my paycheck on tickets.