Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1083145 times)

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Oblivion

Re: Corona Thread |OT| Please scream inside your heart
« Reply #11521 on: August 12, 2020, 04:37:37 PM »
Some defy the rules knowing precisely what the worst-case scenario is. Others deny the threat, foolishly thinking either that COVID-19 is a hoax, or that the virus can’t infect or kill them. We’ve seen plenty of examples of coronavirus deniers experiencing that worst-case scenario. But even so, plenty of people are still willing to ignore safety measures like social distancing and face masks, which can significantly reduce the risk of transmission.

The latest example of how not to approach the pandemic involves a 28-year-old mother who is in store for months grueling of rehab. She spent 69 days in bed after contracting the virus, and now she’ll have to relearn how to walk. She can’t even comb her hair, and her health will take months to improve.

After 69 days in the ICU, Martinez was moved to a regular hospital on June 29th, but the story doesn’t end there. “It’s one day after the next after the next,” she told El Pais. “I was irresponsible.”

She was asleep for a long time, and the doctors used strong sedation to relax her muscles. She lost muscle mass to the point where she couldn’t even hold up her head or walk. Other organs have also been affected, including her eyes.

“For three months, they’ve been washing me with sponge baths, and until not long ago, I couldn’t even go to the bathroom alone. They have been putting diapers on me… Diapers,” she told the paper.

One of her treating physicians said that the rehabilitation period would easily take eight months, and she may experience health issues even after that.

https://bgr.com/2020/08/09/coronavirus-denier-69-days-in-the-icu-relearn-how-to-walk/

Tripon

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #11524 on: August 12, 2020, 10:21:03 PM »
Mom is in corona quarentine for 2 weeks, she was exposed to a Corona family
:O

Tripon

« Reply #11525 on: August 12, 2020, 11:18:34 PM »
https://twitter.com/alexnazaryan/status/1293743471778398208

---

PAULDING CONTY, Ga. (CBS46) -- North Paulding High School now has at least 35 confirmed COVID-19 cases in students and teachers after kicking off the school year with in-person classes a week ago.

On Monday and Tuesday the school was closed for a deep cleaning after only nine tests were confirmed positive. By Wednesday that number had more than tripled.

As a safety measure, Paulding County School District Superintendent Dr. Brian Otott and Principal Gabe Carmona announced Wednesday that students would adhere to a hybrid learning environment.

A letter sent to parents from both Carmona and Otott read in part:

"Before the school year began, we shared that this would be a school year unlike any other, and that there would be challenges ahead that would require us to adjust, adapt, and be flexible. We knew that would be especially true at NPHS, the largest high school in Paulding County with more than 2,000 students and staff on campus at any given time. We have received results from pending COVID-19 tests, and with new positive results we now have at least 35 confirmed cases in the NPHS community since the first day of

school. Obviously, the rate of COVID-19 spread is a concern that will require us to adapt our plan for in person instruction to protect the health and safety of our students and staff.

The plan we have developed will reduce the number of students on campus by half, will reduce hallway congestion, will improve traffic flow during class tran

https://www.cbs46.com/news/35-students-teachers-test-positive-for-covid-19-at-north-paulding-hs/article_b13360f4-dcd9-11ea-b1fb-d3fd7502051e.html

35 in one week. Great job guys.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 12:02:40 AM by Tripon »

Clockwork5

« Reply #11526 on: August 13, 2020, 09:46:25 AM »
My one of my girlfriends patients tested positive for COVID during her first week of clinicals. She is a physical  therapist so its not like she is fully bubbled up either, just an n95. She is getting tested on Monday.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #11528 on: August 13, 2020, 02:14:34 PM »
How many girlfriends do you have clockwork?

james

« Reply #11529 on: August 13, 2020, 02:22:04 PM »
More than me

:existential

Clockwork5

« Reply #11530 on: August 13, 2020, 04:22:13 PM »
How many girlfriends do you have clockwork?
I guess punctuation matters sometimes lol.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #11531 on: August 13, 2020, 06:37:28 PM »
KISS MY ASS, REEETIOUS, MANDARK, AND SHOSTA:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1293991234386702338

VOTE ALL THESE MOTHERFUCKERS OUT AND GET INDEPENDENTS IN. FUCK THEM ALL.</anger>

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #11532 on: August 13, 2020, 06:38:42 PM »
VOTE ALL THESE MOTHERFUCKERS OUT AND GET INDEPENDENTS IN.
:rofl
每天生气

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #11533 on: August 13, 2020, 06:56:48 PM »
Tough times ahead  :(
WDW

Tripon

Tripon

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #11536 on: August 13, 2020, 08:34:12 PM »
VOTE ALL THESE MOTHERFUCKERS OUT AND GET INDEPENDENTS IN.
:rofl
getting fired up for howard schultz

Tripon

« Reply #11537 on: August 13, 2020, 08:54:04 PM »
What is the Starbucks pandemic plan.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11538 on: August 13, 2020, 08:57:31 PM »
What is the Starbucks pandemic plan.

Mocha frappe latte with an extra shot of Russian coronavirus vaccine if you upgrade to venti.
dog

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11539 on: August 13, 2020, 09:00:00 PM »
do they vax the russian bride before sending her over these day ?  :doge
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 01:28:49 AM by filler »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #11540 on: August 13, 2020, 09:52:09 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/13/cdc-mental-health-pandemic-394832
One in four young adults between the ages of 18 and 24 say they've considered suicide in the past month because of the pandemic, according to new CDC data that paints a bleak picture of the nation's mental health during the crisis.

The data also flags a surge of anxiety and substance abuse, with more than 40 percent of those surveyed saying they experienced a mental or behavioral health condition connected to the Covid-19 emergency. The CDC study analyzed 5,412 survey respondents between June 24 and 30.

The toll is falling heaviest on young adults, caregivers, essential workers and minorities. While 10.7 percent of respondents overall reported considering suicide in the previous 30 days, 25.5 percent of those between 18 to 24 reported doing so. Almost 31 percent of self-reported unpaid caregivers and 22 percent of essential workers also said they harbored such thoughts. Hispanic and Black respondents similarly were well above the average.

Roughly 30.9 percent of respondents said they had symptoms of anxiety or depression. Roughly 26.3 respondents reported trauma and stress-related disorder because of the pandemic.

Another 13.3 percent of respondents said they have turned to substance use, including alcohol and prescription or illicit drugs, to cope with stress from the pandemic.

Tripon

« Reply #11541 on: August 13, 2020, 11:05:25 PM »

So Brazil passed the U.S. in cases and deaths today...

Flannel Boy

• Icon

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #11543 on: August 14, 2020, 10:20:21 AM »
I'm confused, shouldn't that graph curve down?  A large immune should require less social interaction. 

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #11544 on: August 14, 2020, 10:43:37 AM »
Every morning I get up and run our ICU capacity/covid 7 days a week. Let me tell ya, it's a really depressing way to wake up. Especially now. It just keeps going up (that's right both, because people are dying more ICU becomes more available). 
que

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #11545 on: August 14, 2020, 11:03:54 AM »
I'm confused, shouldn't that graph curve down?  A large immune should require less social interaction.
The lower the social connectivity, the fewer people you need to have been infected for the R0 to drop below 1

If social connectivity is at a normal level, you need 60% of the population infected for the R0 to drop below 1. If social connectivity is at 50%, you need 25% of the population to be infected for the R0 to drop below 1.

Flannel Boy

• Icon

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11547 on: August 14, 2020, 12:47:48 PM »
How many of those individuals work at the White House?  ;)
🤴

Tripon

« Reply #11548 on: August 14, 2020, 12:49:09 PM »
https://www.sfgate.com/science/article/Bleeding-swollen-gums-linked-to-severe-COVID-19-15481618.php

If you don’t floss regularly, this might persuade you to change your behavior.

Patients with gum disease are more likely to experience severe, potentially life-threatening complications if they contract COVID-19 and need to be hospitalized, according to a new report published online in the Journal of the California Dental Association.

Chronic gum disease, or periodontitis, is characterized by swollen, bleeding gums and bone loss. It produces a bacteria that releases a harmful protein known as IL-6 (interleukin-6). IL-6 is an inflammatory cytokine that can trigger the out-of-control reaction of the immune system known as a cytokine storm.

The report referenced the findings of a German study of 40 hospitalized COVID-19 patients published in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology in May. It concluded that patients with elevated IL-6 levels were 22 times more likely to suffer respiratory failure and require mechanical ventilation.

Since the beginning of the pandemic, nearly 80% of patients placed on ventilators in the United States have died, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“Gum disease has been linked to other breathing ailments, including pneumonia and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) so we weren’t surprised to find a link to respiratory problems with COVID-19,” said Dr. Shervin Molayem, a U.S. dental surgeon based in Los Angeles
and founder of the UCLA Dental Research Journal, in a news release last week.

“What shocked us was the discovery of the protein’s devastating, life-threatening impact to patients once they’re hospitalized. One tiny, inflammatory protein robbed them of their ability to breathe,” he said.

Molayem and Dr. Carla Pontes, a scientist and health care researcher in South Africa, expanded upon the German study’s results for their Mouth-Covid Connection report. They noted that IL-6 can disrupt capillary blood gas exchange in the lungs, contributing to pulmonary failure.

Risk Corona visiting the doctor or getting it bad because you don't floss as much as you should.  :fbm

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I had to visit the Dentist about 6 times from May to August because I chipped my front tooth, and needed a root canal, a crown, and 8 fillings. Out about $2092 because I have shitty Metlife HMO for my dental.  :existential
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11549 on: August 14, 2020, 12:55:35 PM »
My root canals are slightly higher than they should be so I'm at a higher risk of gum and root canal infections.
And also I'm asthmatic and the medicine I took as a kid were also very bad for my teeth.

The more I learn about it, the more I'm convinced that this bio weapon was somehow engineered specifically to kill me.  :existential
🤴

Clockwork5

« Reply #11550 on: August 14, 2020, 01:38:02 PM »
Brb gonna go buy some floss.

james

« Reply #11551 on: August 14, 2020, 01:43:12 PM »
Oh fuck my gums are garbage

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11554 on: August 15, 2020, 10:21:14 AM »
Anti-mask "Ohio Karen" being a moron in multiple locations:

ど助平

Tripon

« Reply #11555 on: August 15, 2020, 10:55:48 AM »
https://kfor.com/news/moore-student-who-knowingly-had-covid-19-attends-school/

MOORE, Okla. (KFOR) – A Moore Public Schools student came to school while knowingly having COVID-19.

School administration officials learned that the Westmoore High School student came to school on Thursday, according to a letter that school district officials sent to parents.

“Once administrators were made aware of the student’s health situation yesterday evening, MPS Nurses and the health department were immediately involved,” the letter states.

School personnel investigated the matter and learned that the student’s parents were mistaken about the student’s end of quarantine date.

“We will continue investigating this situation with the health departments,” the letter states.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #11556 on: August 15, 2020, 03:12:17 PM »

shosta

« Reply #11557 on: August 15, 2020, 03:13:00 PM »
Why put Canada on that chart... bragging is so unbecoming
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #11558 on: August 15, 2020, 03:45:13 PM »
To show what it possible when you put your mind to it. 

Tripon

« Reply #11559 on: August 15, 2020, 03:48:01 PM »
So basically, Vermont is the only U.S. state that has this handled.

Tripon

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11561 on: August 15, 2020, 05:17:26 PM »
But we definitely shouldn't cancel sports or anything
dog

Tripon

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #11563 on: August 15, 2020, 10:20:51 PM »
God bless the NBA  :preach

Oblivion

« Reply #11564 on: August 16, 2020, 08:59:44 AM »
https://www.sfgate.com/science/article/Bleeding-swollen-gums-linked-to-severe-COVID-19-15481618.php

If you don’t floss regularly, this might persuade you to change your behavior.

Patients with gum disease are more likely to experience severe, potentially life-threatening complications if they contract COVID-19 and need to be hospitalized, according to a new report published online in the Journal of the California Dental Association.

Chronic gum disease, or periodontitis, is characterized by swollen, bleeding gums and bone loss. It produces a bacteria that releases a harmful protein known as IL-6 (interleukin-6). IL-6 is an inflammatory cytokine that can trigger the out-of-control reaction of the immune system known as a cytokine storm.

The report referenced the findings of a German study of 40 hospitalized COVID-19 patients published in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology in May. It concluded that patients with elevated IL-6 levels were 22 times more likely to suffer respiratory failure and require mechanical ventilation.

Since the beginning of the pandemic, nearly 80% of patients placed on ventilators in the United States have died, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“Gum disease has been linked to other breathing ailments, including pneumonia and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) so we weren’t surprised to find a link to respiratory problems with COVID-19,” said Dr. Shervin Molayem, a U.S. dental surgeon based in Los Angeles
and founder of the UCLA Dental Research Journal, in a news release last week.

“What shocked us was the discovery of the protein’s devastating, life-threatening impact to patients once they’re hospitalized. One tiny, inflammatory protein robbed them of their ability to breathe,” he said.

Molayem and Dr. Carla Pontes, a scientist and health care researcher in South Africa, expanded upon the German study’s results for their Mouth-Covid Connection report. They noted that IL-6 can disrupt capillary blood gas exchange in the lungs, contributing to pulmonary failure.

Risk Corona visiting the doctor or getting it bad because you don't floss as much as you should.  :fbm

I had to visit the Dentist about 6 times from May to August because I chipped my front tooth, and needed a root canal, a crown, and 8 fillings. Out about $2092 because I have shitty Metlife HMO for my dental.  :existential
[close]

well this is fucking terrifying for me. my gums have been in good condition for the past 4 years but i do have periodontitis.  :'(

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11565 on: August 16, 2020, 03:00:17 PM »
New infections are still growing every day in France but so far hospital admissions and ICU use is still down. I didn't follow articles closely but it's perhaps an effect of a larger testing net and less vulnerable demographics driving the surge. Purely anecdotal but teens and young adults sort of resumed social events and sometimes aren't too thorough mask wise.
ὕβρις

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #11566 on: August 16, 2020, 04:23:56 PM »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #11567 on: August 16, 2020, 05:03:08 PM »
BBWs stay winning  :drool
Margs

kingv

« Reply #11568 on: August 16, 2020, 05:33:08 PM »
My root canals are slightly higher than they should be so I'm at a higher risk of gum and root canal infections.
And also I'm asthmatic and the medicine I took as a kid were also very bad for my teeth.

The more I learn about it, the more I'm convinced that this bio weapon was somehow engineered specifically to kill me.  :existential

My uncle has diabetes, is on dialysis, is 70, confined to a wheelchair, and has heart disease. This motherfucker got the rona and got nothing but a mild cough. Just spent the whole time bitching about the food in the hospital.

kingv

« Reply #11569 on: August 16, 2020, 11:35:55 PM »
https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/georgias-cherokee-county-closes-third-223152347.html

This is going to be happening nationwide. Schools just closing from quarantine. Happened in a district a few hours from me too. So many teachers ended up on quarantine lists that they just couldn’t have school.

Looks like UNC might be cancelling in person school soon too. Went from 2 clusters on Friday to 4 yesterday in different dorms and frats.

Tripon

« Reply #11570 on: August 17, 2020, 12:19:57 AM »
https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/georgias-cherokee-county-closes-third-223152347.html

This is going to be happening nationwide. Schools just closing from quarantine. Happened in a district a few hours from me too. So many teachers ended up on quarantine lists that they just couldn’t have school.

Looks like UNC might be cancelling in person school soon too. Went from 2 clusters on Friday to 4 yesterday in different dorms and frats.

The issue is that they're not going to stay closed. Those school districts didn't put a viable plan in place, and it bit them in the ass but unless the local health agency stops them, they're going to keep schools open until a full blown outbreak occurs.

james

« Reply #11571 on: August 17, 2020, 01:49:57 AM »

Damn the reddit is top tier entertainment

https://www.reddit.com/r/UNC/

kingv

« Reply #11572 on: August 17, 2020, 04:43:37 AM »
Jesus that’s dire. They’re going to end up sending everyone home within the next 2 weeks.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11573 on: August 17, 2020, 09:11:44 AM »

A number of schools in my little part of rural Oklahoma, where the corona isn't even that bad comparatively, has already several schools shut down and a few others that are on the verge of doing it after just two weeks.
dog

Tripon

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #11575 on: August 17, 2020, 11:30:16 AM »

shosta

« Reply #11577 on: August 17, 2020, 01:53:53 PM »
I'm calling it. As of today, the US has beaten Coronavirus. No I will not be taking questions.

please open up the bars. :stahp
[close]
每天生气

james

« Reply #11579 on: August 17, 2020, 04:41:02 PM »
The south is a really special kind of place.