Author Topic: The Bore Steam Thread :monocle  (Read 1031871 times)

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Re: The Bore Steam Thread :monocle
« Reply #3540 on: July 09, 2012, 07:42:48 AM »
itm

Timber

« Reply #3541 on: July 09, 2012, 08:01:03 AM »
You guys reckon the games in the indie packs will be individually discounted as well? As in 75% off or something, like a daily. I already own/have played one or two or three games in every pack so bundled together they don't seem like such great deals.
w/e

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3542 on: July 09, 2012, 08:14:32 AM »
No more surprises it seems :(

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-09-steams-summer-sale-list-leaked

bundles are not the joy of the summer sale. it's the daily deals that get me all hot and bothered.

but i may get that stardock bundle if it's less a decent price.

what i REALLY want is Endless Space. Hope for 30% or a daily deal.
nat

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #3543 on: July 09, 2012, 10:11:48 AM »
Steam Sale next week, for real guys.

(Image removed from quote.)
Did MAF make that gif? That looks like a laptop of his and you know he has the skrilla to make it rain.
©ZH

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #3544 on: July 09, 2012, 12:07:41 PM »
nope, got it from this thread iirc
o_0

Himu

IYKYK

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #3546 on: July 09, 2012, 01:06:37 PM »
again, those are just THE BUNDLES

there will be plenty of individual discounts and spotlight one-day crazy deals throughout the sale
sup

cool breeze

« Reply #3547 on: July 09, 2012, 05:18:23 PM »
http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight
What is Steam Greenlight?
Steam Greenlight is a new system that enlists the community's help in picking some of the next games to be released on Steam. Developers post information, screenshots, and videos for their game and seek a critical mass of community support in order to get selected for distribution. Steam Greenlight also helps developers get feedback from potential customers and start creating an active community around their game as early in the development process as they like.

Why hasn't it always worked this way?
Over the many years that Steam has been selling games, the release rate of games on Steam has continued to grow significantly. But given Steam's existing technological pipeline for releasing games, there's always been a reliance on a group of people to make tough choices on which games to not release on Steam. There are titles that have tied up this internal greenlight group in the past, and we knew there had to be a better way.

With the introduction of the Steam Workshop in October 2011, Steam established a flexible system within Steam that organizes content and lets customers rate and leave feedback. This opened up a new opportunity to enlist the community's help as we grow Steam and, hopefully, increase the volume and quality of creative submissions.

We know there is still a lot of room for improvement in making Steam distribution easier and faster; this is just a first step in that direction.

How does this differ from other store's submission processes?
The prime difference is the size of the team that gets to decide what gets released. For many stores, there is a team that reviews entries and decides what gets past the gates. We're approaching this from a different angle: The community should be deciding what gets released. After all, it’s the community that will ultimately be the ones deciding which release they spend their money on.

why is this company popular, again?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3548 on: July 09, 2012, 05:19:57 PM »
Maybe Gray Matter has a chance now!
dog

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3549 on: July 11, 2012, 08:26:13 AM »
why is this company popular, again?
Lockstep fanboi blindness who can't recognize that Origin is revolutionizing the game.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3550 on: July 11, 2012, 10:52:07 AM »
Really just want drakensang and ffxi complete this time around lol.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3551 on: July 11, 2012, 03:21:53 PM »
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15460/

what

should i buy

its only 99 cents
nat

archnemesis

« Reply #3552 on: July 11, 2012, 03:30:15 PM »
No, digital foils are ugly.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3553 on: July 11, 2012, 03:42:13 PM »
what is it
nat

archnemesis

« Reply #3554 on: July 11, 2012, 03:49:46 PM »
It's DLC for Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013. You get fake shiny collectible trading cards. There is no actual difference in how the cards work and the cards aren't tradable.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #3555 on: July 11, 2012, 04:29:30 PM »
Digital foils  :lol

Eat that horse armor  :lol

archie4208

« Reply #3556 on: July 11, 2012, 05:56:09 PM »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3557 on: July 11, 2012, 11:18:35 PM »
If you were, for whatever reason, on the fence, Magical Diary now has a demo: http://store.steampowered.com/app/211340/

About the Game
You have been invited to attend a magical school. Here you can make new friends, learn dozens of spells, face exams in the school dungeons, run for class office, and try to find a date for the May Day Ball. But be careful! You might end up in detention, be lured into a secret society, be forced to marry your professor, or even be expelled!

Key Features
Design your own character
Pursue friendship or romance with male and female characters
All puzzles have multiple solutions
Over seventy spells to learn
Unlock secret plotlines and events
Highly replayable – make different decisions for a completely new story

cool breeze

« Reply #3558 on: July 11, 2012, 11:25:54 PM »
steam sale coming, yo.

seemingly confirmed for tomorrow

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3559 on: July 12, 2012, 12:13:25 AM »
steam sale coming, yo.

dog

Himu

« Reply #3560 on: July 12, 2012, 03:09:26 AM »
steam sale coming, yo.

IYKYK

archie4208

« Reply #3561 on: July 12, 2012, 06:58:32 AM »

:rock HALLELUJAH :rock

pilonv1

« Reply #3562 on: July 12, 2012, 08:08:01 AM »
Steam Sale eve, the most wonderful night of the year. I will wake up with new deals :hyper
itm

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3563 on: July 12, 2012, 10:01:03 AM »
WHERE ARE THE DEALS

I NEED DEALS
dog

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #3564 on: July 12, 2012, 12:24:18 PM »
what's all in the source filmmaker that makes it nearly 11GB?
sup

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #3565 on: July 12, 2012, 12:37:47 PM »

all the hats
乱学者

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3566 on: July 12, 2012, 03:54:07 PM »

Whimsy
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3567 on: July 17, 2012, 12:56:15 PM »

pickle

« Reply #3568 on: July 17, 2012, 10:42:06 PM »
 :hyper Oh fuck am I geeking out.

Himu

« Reply #3569 on: July 21, 2012, 01:34:04 AM »
PUT FIFA 13 ON STEAM, EA, YOU ASSHOLES
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3570 on: July 21, 2012, 05:53:21 AM »
Seriously?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3571 on: July 21, 2012, 10:18:00 AM »
lol no
©@©™

pilonv1

« Reply #3572 on: July 21, 2012, 10:32:49 AM »
Going to have to dance with the devil when Sim City comes out :(
itm

Himu

« Reply #3573 on: July 21, 2012, 03:37:20 PM »
Dude

sim city sounds awful
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3574 on: July 21, 2012, 08:07:11 PM »
dog

Himu

« Reply #3575 on: July 22, 2012, 12:46:38 AM »
Have you been keeping up with it? The pr for that game is awful, and they are doing an awful job selling it.
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #3576 on: July 22, 2012, 01:06:35 AM »
Have you been keeping up with it? The pr for that game is awful, and they are doing an awful job selling it.

what? really?
AMC

Himu

« Reply #3577 on: July 22, 2012, 01:10:53 AM »
MamaLuigiST: Many people also feel that the textures look like "plastic" and are too clean and imperfect. Will this change before the release?

Creative Director Ocean Quigley: The textures are still being finalized. A lot of what we’re you seeing is a work in progress. We’re working hard on the building materials, so that glass looks like glass and metal looks like metal – the final buildings will have their own distinctive look and shouldn’t all look like they’re made out of cardboard or plastic. We’d like to point out that the buildings have a UI job to do as well. Buildings need to tell you how they’re doing, and if we make them look too noisy, then their simulation states are harder to see.

Romaq: What possible compelling benefit is there to "forced online play" even between regions where the players are in 'solo online play' that makes this a core required "feature?"

OQ: Your cities live on the cloud, and you can play them from any PC you like. If your PC is unplugged, your cities are safe, you can go over to your friend’s laptop and start playing. We don’t care where you install SimCity. Since your cities are on the cloud, we can give you rich online data visualizations, showing you the vitals of your city and how it compares to and relates to other cities in the SimCity world.

More prosaically, from its inception, we built this SimCity to be online and multiplayer. We’ve built servers to handle the simulation of regions and communication between cities in a region. We built servers to connect cities to global trade and commodity markets. A decent chunk of the simulation happens in the cloud.

And finally, the relationships between different cities and between different mayors are a big deal, and we think it’s one of the ways that we’re bringing new life to SimCity.

We have a lengthier response about this topic from a previous blog post I wrote. You’ll find more information here, SimCity: The Connection Between You and the World.

(German Community): Is it possible to customize something in the game like street names, signposts, hot spots for tourists etc. similar to SimCity 4 or The Sims?

Lead Producer Kip Katsarelis: We know customization is important to our fans and we’ve given players many ways to customize their cities. I can’t get into specifics at this time about what you’ll be able to name in SimCity, aside from City and Region names. However, every Ploppable building in the game is loaded with modules for players to unlock and use to customize their city. Choose from signs, flags, plants, fountains and more to give each of your Ploppables a personal touch. Our goal is to give players the control and the art to build unique pockets of their cities. You won’t have to read a name in a text box, you’ll be able to see it in world!

James A. (Facebook): What kind of resource industry will we see farming, coal mining, maybe fishing?

KK: Resources are an important part of SimCity and will feed many of the industries. These industries are meant to be the economic centers of your city. Some of the industries that you can build around harvesting resources include large scale mining operations and oil drilling. Other industries depend on these resources to make metals, alloys, and fuel. One thing to note, resources are finite, so make sure you have a backup plan for your city when those oil reserves run out!

hype_emperor: Is parking simulated in the new SimCity? Or, where do the cars go after arriving at their respective destinations?

KK: Good question. Parking is something we’ve toyed around with a lot in SimCity. Since our simulation is so detailed and we’re tracking all of our Sims and their vehicles, we found that we could easily create a Parking Lot Tycoon game if we weren’t careful. All buildings have parking and we represent some number of the cars at the building with surface parking. Additional cars are hidden in “underground” parking. There are a few Ploppables where parking is an important part of their game mechanic. The Stadiums for example have Parking Lot modules that players can add to increase their parking capacity.

Mkareha: How will solo region play work? From the trailers, it looks like the regions are composed of a bunch of isolated cities, separated by an automatic flat expressway that connects the cities. The way it looks in the trailers is not realistic at all. Will we have full control in the creation of highways, neighbor connects, modular road systems, etc.?

Lead Designer Stone Librande: Each city is connected to other cities in the region through a combination of roads and railroad tracks. Some centrally located cities may have access to many different connections, while cities located on the fringes of the region may have only one. Players do not have control of placing roads, rail and waterways; these are predetermined by the region.

Ilay160: Will there be new kind of parks, like a national park, or areas that people can go and camping?

SL: Yes, there will be parks in the city. Parks will make your Sims happy and increase the nearby land value. Parks also increase the “attraction level” of the city, which is used to determine how many tourists will visit.

German Community: What kind of traffic opportunities do you have and how can you control them?

SL: Traffic flows along the roads you place. The frequency of intersections, number of lanes, road type, and length of the road are used to determine the amount of congestion and how long it takes to get your Sims to their destination. The overall success (or failure) of a city is largely a function of how efficiently you have built your road system. You might not care if a few Sims can’t get to work on time, but you’ll feel the pressure when a fire truck can’t get to the scene of a fire and a key building burns to the ground.

But no matter how carefully you design your road network it will be difficult to keep the traffic flowing smoothly if your city is filled with densely populated skyscrapers. To avoid gridlock try building up your public transportation systems. Trams travel down a dedicated track in the middle of the street and are perfect for quickly shuttling Sims around within your city. Buses and passenger trains can be used to carry Sims to and from neighboring cities. If you happen to have a river running through your city you can build a boat dock to ferry your Sims.

IYKYK

pilonv1

« Reply #3578 on: July 22, 2012, 01:17:48 AM »
Lead Designer Stone Librande: Each city is connected to other cities in the region through a combination of roads and railroad tracks. Some centrally located cities may have access to many different connections, while cities located on the fringes of the region may have only one. Players do not have control of placing roads, rail and waterways; these are predetermined by the region.

wait what

SL: Traffic flows along the roads you place. The frequency of intersections, number of lanes, road type, and length of the road are used to determine the amount of congestion and how long it takes to get your Sims to their destination. The overall success (or failure) of a city is largely a function of how efficiently you have built your road system. You might not care if a few Sims can’t get to work on time, but you’ll feel the pressure when a fire truck can’t get to the scene of a fire and a key building burns to the ground.

But no matter how carefully you design your road network it will be difficult to keep the traffic flowing smoothly if your city is filled with densely populated skyscrapers. To avoid gridlock try building up your public transportation systems. Trams travel down a dedicated track in the middle of the street and are perfect for quickly shuttling Sims around within your city. Buses and passenger trains can be used to carry Sims to and from neighboring cities. If you happen to have a river running through your city you can build a boat dock to ferry your Sims.

now I'm confused
itm

Himu

« Reply #3579 on: July 22, 2012, 01:18:43 AM »
look at that pr nightmare, pilon
IYKYK

pilonv1

« Reply #3580 on: July 22, 2012, 01:28:19 AM »
I'm going to check reddit
itm

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #3581 on: July 22, 2012, 01:43:13 AM »
it means that you have control of roads and whatnot within a city, but not between cities in a region, i think
AMC

pilonv1

« Reply #3582 on: July 22, 2012, 01:57:33 AM »
That's what I interpreted it as but I need confirmation. Sounds like another himu scare campaign
itm

Himu

« Reply #3583 on: July 22, 2012, 02:00:05 AM »
Really, for me, it's the cloud stuff that I don't like. I don't like that the simulation is all on the cloud.
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #3584 on: July 22, 2012, 02:49:58 AM »
can't wait for the launch to be dogshit like diablo 3
AMC

Himu

« Reply #3585 on: July 22, 2012, 03:00:03 AM »
i can't believe they're doing this for fucking sim city. that is my biggest issue. it's sim fucking city. why does it need always online?
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3586 on: July 22, 2012, 08:13:07 AM »
It's need to be always online because modern gaming.
dog

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3587 on: July 22, 2012, 09:57:34 AM »
For your protection, not theirs.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3588 on: July 28, 2012, 05:58:44 PM »
Oh no I got into Dota 2 Beta, hope this doesn't mean I'll get suckered in forever.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #3589 on: July 28, 2012, 10:34:25 PM »
Oh no I got into Dota 2 Beta, hope this doesn't mean I'll get suckered in forever.

I doubt the community will suck you in.
AMC

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3590 on: July 29, 2012, 02:08:13 PM »
Oh em gee, these people in DOTA make me not want to play it. 30 min of racist trash talk.

I really hope that soon these people will be getting chased by police IRL for this shit like in the UK.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3591 on: July 29, 2012, 05:37:00 PM »
I'm in some Low Punishment pool for Dota 2.

I didn't leave any games, didn't say anything bad. What is this game? Such a weird concept.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3592 on: July 30, 2012, 11:49:07 AM »
Orcs must die 2 is out today.  excited. 

pilonv1

« Reply #3593 on: July 30, 2012, 08:32:39 PM »
Indeed. I bought a two pack so I have one to gift someone else since there's no matchmaking
itm

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3594 on: July 30, 2012, 08:57:36 PM »
add me to steam.  we will play sometime. 

Also there are only 10 new levels (went though half of them in two hours), and no controller support for menus yet :piss2  Kind of disappointed, especially knowing it will be $3 come the next sale.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3595 on: July 31, 2012, 11:36:19 AM »
ok seems like there is more than 10 levels, but it may be only ten new ones.  Some of them felt familiar. 

pilonv1

« Reply #3596 on: July 31, 2012, 08:37:49 PM »
I think there's 15. And 10 for co-op if you own the original. Looks like the draw is going back and getting a higher score/more skulls. It's certainly harder than the original.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 08:40:41 PM by pilonv1 »
itm

etiolate

« Reply #3597 on: August 01, 2012, 01:39:25 AM »
Has anyone played Wanderlust Rebirth? Is it like Four Swords Online?

« Reply #3598 on: August 03, 2012, 02:24:44 PM »
Found a 360 controller lying out with the neighbor's trash this morning. Works perfectly with Last Remnant on the PC. :rock
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3599 on: August 03, 2012, 02:37:03 PM »
Found a 360 controller lying out with the neighbor's trash this morning.

:rofl
dog