Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1296876 times)

Himu

Re: Official Manly Anime Thread of Joseph Joestar Vs. Vampires
« Reply #1860 on: July 10, 2012, 12:20:19 AM »
They're doing the current series which I've NEVER read.

I wholeheartedly suggest reading JoJo. It is AWESOME and the definition of manime. If you want something along the lines of Fist of the North Star, but crazier, read JoJo.
IYKYK

« Reply #1861 on: July 10, 2012, 12:23:48 AM »
I got the X PS1 game for 100 yen at some random video store in Ueno.

They never finished it?!

Clamp has yet to finish X. Apparently they say the intended ending is just too graphic and offensive. I guess their editors kinda freaked out on them in 2003 based on the material Either that or they're just lazy.

X started serialization in Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Asuka on May 1992. Publishing the series proved troublesome on account of its subject matter. The disasters it shows are reminiscent of ones that happened in Japan such as earthquakes or murders committed by juveniles. Serialization stopped in March 2003 and in March 2005 Clamp stated they were searching for a proper magazine to conclude it.

http://comipress.com/article/2006/03/07/3
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 12:29:18 AM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1862 on: July 10, 2012, 10:31:35 AM »
Yeah I thought JoJo's was still on-going?

The whole series is divided up into stories that take place in different times and places, IIRC, with only a few supporting characters that show up in multiple storylines.  Different main characters too.  I'd like to read it all some day.

no reason to read the whole jojo,just read part 3 and be done with it,it's the one everybody remembers when people mention jojo anyway
personaly i stopped somewhere on the series with the girl jojo (i think it's 5?)
<----

Himu

« Reply #1863 on: July 10, 2012, 12:33:32 PM »
Fuck that. Read parts 1 and 3.

IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1864 on: July 10, 2012, 01:15:24 PM »
I read all part 1 and part of whichever chapter has Jotaro as the main character, then stopped there.  Basically most of what Viz put out in English.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1865 on: July 10, 2012, 01:22:50 PM »
Jotaro is part 3
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1866 on: July 10, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »
I got the X PS1 game for 100 yen at some random video store in Ueno.

They never finished it?!

Clamp has yet to finish X. Apparently they say the intended ending is just too graphic and offensive. I guess their editors kinda freaked out on them in 2003 based on the material Either that or they're just lazy.

X started serialization in Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Asuka on May 1992. Publishing the series proved troublesome on account of its subject matter. The disasters it shows are reminiscent of ones that happened in Japan such as earthquakes or murders committed by juveniles. Serialization stopped in March 2003 and in March 2005 Clamp stated they were searching for a proper magazine to conclude it.

http://comipress.com/article/2006/03/07/3

They are so full of BS lololol

They didn't finish the manga because they realized if they finished it, it would lose popularity as people forgot about it and they wouldn't be able to keep selling X merchandise and milking that cash cow.  Instead just leaving it in the air gave them years and years of merchandising before people gave up and moved on.  I really think it was a calculated decision to make more $$$.  Either that or they couldn't think of a good way to end the series and they didn't want fans to look back on the series as a huge letdown in the end, so they just chose not to finish it.

« Reply #1867 on: July 10, 2012, 06:09:34 PM »
Wow, Eden of the East is so incredibly refreshing. Seven episodes in and no filler. AND NO POINTLESS HUMOR THAT DOESN"T DIRECTLY RELATE TO THE STORY OR LOLLIMOEBLOB THINGIMABOBS.
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1868 on: July 10, 2012, 07:49:04 PM »
Look at Kamiyama's past three series [which he both wrote and directed]: Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex, Moribito, and Eden of the East. He's easily one of the top talents in the industry, although that's not really very hard right now.
dog

« Reply #1869 on: July 10, 2012, 08:10:33 PM »
GitS: SAC is awesome, really should watch Moribito.
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1870 on: July 10, 2012, 08:17:08 PM »
Moribito's really good, not my favorite of Kamiyama's series but still within the top 1% of anime from the past five years.

dog

« Reply #1871 on: July 11, 2012, 04:19:23 PM »
Only two eps of Eden of the East left. Just ordered both movies... argh... I have to wait a bit now.
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1872 on: July 11, 2012, 04:24:10 PM »
The ending of the series isn't a cliffhanger or anything, so waiting a little while won't be that hard.
dog

« Reply #1873 on: July 11, 2012, 06:40:54 PM »
Finished the series this morning while my daughter was napping.

We only saw six of the Selecao members... hmmm....
野球

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1874 on: July 12, 2012, 02:02:14 AM »
Starting Sekai no Owari to Yoakemae (Manga)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1875 on: July 12, 2012, 04:08:49 PM »
It's funny when even mature sounding anime like Mushi-Shi turn out to be focused on little children. Little children with a little too much wisdom for their age, of course. Fuck anime of this kind already, jesus.

That's a pretty big stretch. A few of the kids had "too much wisdom," but a lot of them were just kids who got caught up in something they couldn't understand. And they were certainly never the show's anchor.

Can anyone recommend me anime that does NOT REVOLVE AROUND LITTLE CHILDREN BEING CUTE? Something like Cowboy Bebop, or Gintama, or One Piece, or anything my god ANYTHING.

Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
Jormungand
Space Brothers
Zetman

All from this past season; the first two are on Funimation streaming, Space Brothers is on Crunchyroll, and Zetman is on Hulu.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1876 on: July 12, 2012, 06:14:38 PM »
Can anyone recommend me anime that does NOT REVOLVE AROUND LITTLE CHILDREN BEING CUTE? Something like Cowboy Bebop, or Gintama, or One Piece, or anything my god ANYTHING.

80s or 90s anime would be good too

La Blue Girl
Urotsukidoji
Twin Angels
Adventure Kid
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:17:40 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1877 on: July 13, 2012, 12:10:01 AM »
Are all four of those hentai, bork? :lol
Hi

« Reply #1878 on: July 13, 2012, 01:38:24 AM »
Summer Wars

I know you guys all said it was awesome, but man. That was fantastic. With Kon no longer alive, someone at Ghibli should think about snagging Hosoda while they can.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1879 on: July 13, 2012, 08:58:33 AM »
Are all four of those hentai, bork? :lol

:drake
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1880 on: July 13, 2012, 10:51:23 AM »
bork laser :bow

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1881 on: July 13, 2012, 12:03:52 PM »

:rofl
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1882 on: July 13, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »
It's a prequel to Mass Effect 3 but the dude has an emblem that says "Forever Normandy?"   ???

bork laser :bow

Momo pls
ど助平

Takao

« Reply #1883 on: July 15, 2012, 06:29:32 AM »

:rofl

Looks like the really shitty side of Production I.G. who made the awful second Medabots anime has returned.

« Reply #1884 on: July 22, 2012, 02:22:21 PM »
Finally plowing through my Eureka Seven DVDs. I remember watching the first few episodes while my wife was out on her bachelorette party... six years ago. :lol

Just finished episode 33 where the Coral Scub are fucking shit up. The show has done some interesting things I was not expecting. I know Japan is a different place, but the violent scenes are pretty shocking for a show that originally aired on Sunday mornings there.
野球

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1885 on: July 22, 2012, 04:43:26 PM »
Watching Fate Zero.

Pretty good.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1886 on: July 23, 2012, 09:44:41 AM »

:omg
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1887 on: July 23, 2012, 10:23:04 AM »
Finally plowing through my Eureka Seven DVDs. I remember watching the first few episodes while my wife was out on her bachelorette party... six years ago. :lol

Just finished episode 33 where the Coral Scub are fucking shit up. The show has done some interesting things I was not expecting. I know Japan is a different place, but the violent scenes are pretty shocking for a show that originally aired on Sunday mornings there.

I was surprised to see how much violence is in the cartoons in general; not Pokémon or anything super-young targeted, but there's blood and death and stuff that is verboten in US kid shows.

Also, if you liked Battle of the Planets, see the original Science Ninja Gatchaman; there are peeps getting machine-gunned wholesale in it.

Bebpo

« Reply #1888 on: July 23, 2012, 11:20:04 AM »

Glad you're getting around to watching it.  What did you think of ~ep20-27 Ray & Charles arc?  Especially the crazy high budget ep26? 

Watching Fate Zero.

Pretty good.

I've heard a lot of good about this.  Will probably watch it after I clear up the shows I was in the middle of.

« Reply #1889 on: July 23, 2012, 11:23:32 AM »

Glad you're getting around to watching it.  What did you think of ~ep20-27 Ray & Charles arc?  Especially the crazy high budget ep26? 

I really liked the Ray Charles arc. I figured they were gonna kick the bucket, but it was great. I also loved their Go Nagai-styled designs.

Episode 26 was insanely awesome. Up through episode 38 now.
野球

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1890 on: July 23, 2012, 12:25:20 PM »

Not sure if I want any more Macross after Frontier

« Reply #1891 on: July 23, 2012, 02:17:05 PM »

I'm bummed that it's been slightly edited, but still excited for my copy of the Hybrid Pack to ship later this week.
野球

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1892 on: July 23, 2012, 02:58:20 PM »
Some of the conversation is WACK in Fate Zero but it's TYPE MOON. Shit is expected but it's more fun and entertaining than any of their old projects.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1893 on: July 23, 2012, 08:16:37 PM »
I'm glad Moyashimon is back, because most of the goth loli cross-dressing shows I watch don't have enough educational content.
©@©™

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1894 on: July 23, 2012, 09:09:48 PM »
MORE DOUJINS PLEASE

« Reply #1895 on: July 24, 2012, 02:09:46 PM »
Finished Eureka Seven last night. Awesome.

Watched the Eureka Seven movie this movie. Weird.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The two universes are clearly related, as the movie universe is mentioned in the TV series, and the TV universe is shown multiple times in the movie.
[close]
野球

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1896 on: July 24, 2012, 04:24:16 PM »
Fate/Zero season 2.

Maximum melodrama and trolling. Code Geass total.

Bebpo

« Reply #1897 on: July 24, 2012, 04:44:01 PM »

The two universes are clearly related, as the movie universe is mentioned in the TV series, and the TV universe is shown multiple times in the movie.
[close]

The movie is so freaking bad.  Best to not think they are related in any way.

Anyhow, glad you finally watched it.  It's really the last "epic" mecha show we've gotten from Japan.  The world's so big and developed and the scale is pretty spectacular.  The scene in Ep49 where Holland rams into Dewey's mothership and starts firing is still incredible.  The stuff with the monk and sakuya are great.  As is the outspace stuff, the dancing ball, the stuff with anemone and THE END in the last few eps, and then the final episode is just COLOR OVERLOAD I CAN FLYYYYY LOVE & PEACE.

It definitely has its share of problems and they sort of drop the ball on proper plot wrap ups in the finale for LOVE & PEACE WILL SOLVE EVERYTHING; but even with its flaws.  The art, the animation, the music, the characters, the mecha; it's such a good show.

Now you can start watching AO!  I hear it's like LOST: the anime these days; which doesn't sound very promising.  I need to catch up.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1898 on: July 24, 2012, 04:54:42 PM »
It's really the last "epic" mecha show we've gotten from Japan.

You don't consider Gurren Lagann, Macross Frontier, Bokurano, or Code Geass epic?
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #1899 on: July 24, 2012, 04:57:02 PM »
Gurren Lagann, yeah.  The rest, no.

« Reply #1900 on: July 24, 2012, 05:31:09 PM »
You shut your whore mouth, Macross Frontier is awwwwweesssome.*

*Ranka excluded. So glad Alto chose Sheryl.
野球

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1901 on: July 24, 2012, 05:36:40 PM »
The last "mecha" (I can remember) I really liked was Casshern Sins, and I'm really stretching the definition of mecha here. I like mecha, but nothing recently has been particularly interesting to me.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1902 on: July 24, 2012, 06:49:29 PM »
Fate/Zero

Best anime I've watched this year for real. One of the best out there.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1903 on: July 24, 2012, 06:56:02 PM »
Yes I approve

also watch kara no kyokai
萌え~

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1904 on: July 24, 2012, 06:58:24 PM »
I watch Episode 1, 2 and 5.

IT SUCKED. I hate animu movies/OVAs. Not enough time to feel the characters.

I WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED

KOTOMINE KIREI

MAXIMUM TROLL

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1905 on: July 24, 2012, 09:02:14 PM »
Fate/Zero

Best anime I've watched this year for real. One of the best out there.

It's not better than Polar Bear Cafe.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1906 on: July 24, 2012, 09:17:02 PM »

[close]

Anyhow, glad you finally watched it.  It's really the last "epic" mecha show we've gotten from Japan.  The world's so big and developed and the scale is pretty spectacular.  The scene in Ep49 where Holland rams into Dewey's mothership and starts firing is still incredible.  The stuff with the monk and sakuya are great.  As is the outspace stuff, the dancing ball, the stuff with anemone and THE END in the last few eps, and then the final episode is just COLOR OVERLOAD I CAN FLYYYYY LOVE & PEACE.

It definitely has its share of problems and they sort of drop the ball on proper plot wrap ups in the finale for LOVE & PEACE WILL SOLVE EVERYTHING; but even with its flaws.  The art, the animation, the music, the characters, the mecha; it's such a good show.

Now you can start watching AO!  I hear it's like LOST: the anime these days; which doesn't sound very promising.  I need to catch up.

You're tempting me to watch this, but if it's not at least better than Xam'd, I'm coming to get you.
©@©™

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1907 on: July 24, 2012, 09:19:57 PM »
Watch Fate/Zero instead, Joe.

Master trolling at its finest.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1908 on: July 24, 2012, 09:22:10 PM »
Watch Fate/Zero instead, Joe.

Master trolling at its finest.

Do I need to know anything about the Fate/ universe beforehand?
©@©™

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1909 on: July 24, 2012, 09:25:00 PM »
Nope. It is set before the horrible Fate/Stay Night anime so you don't have to worry about anything.

Just enjoy the show.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #1910 on: July 24, 2012, 09:40:03 PM »
Alright, imma watch some of it tonight. Getting a Roku and a Crunchyroll sub has got me so hooked on watching anime again.
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #1911 on: July 24, 2012, 10:18:17 PM »

[close]

You're tempting me to watch this, but if it's not at least better than Xam'd, I'm coming to get you.

Much better than Xam'd

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #1912 on: July 24, 2012, 11:58:04 PM »

I'm bummed that it's been slightly edited, but still excited for my copy of the Hybrid Pack to ship later this week.

edited? :(

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1913 on: July 25, 2012, 12:05:21 AM »
Apparently they cut out some of the more graphics violence.
dog

« Reply #1914 on: July 25, 2012, 12:23:04 AM »
Apparently they cut out some of the more graphics violence.

But Minmay's tits and the Budweiser can are safe!

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=6716e71975d6e9da40e5a4560a0caf8b&showtopic=37131
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:25:55 AM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

« Reply #1915 on: July 30, 2012, 04:18:58 PM »

Came in the mail today. Psyched to watch it.
野球

Takao

« Reply #1917 on: July 31, 2012, 09:00:45 PM »
lol did Cartoon Network give Toonami $5 as an operating budget? They're going to air Samurai 7, a show so old that it already aired on a different US network when the original run of Toonami still existed.

« Reply #1918 on: July 31, 2012, 09:08:18 PM »
Atlus is at it again:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-31/sentai-filmworks-persona-4-bd-release-will-omit-japanese-audio-track

I had no interest in it, but fuck Atlus. Make the Japanese audio encoded with hard subs. SMH.

Wait, the DVDs still have he JP audio? It's just the BDs? Really fuck them in the ass. Assholes.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 09:12:32 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1919 on: July 31, 2012, 09:14:55 PM »
American version = $48 for 12 episodes
Japanese version = $65-$100 for 3 episodes

:japancry
dog