Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1296877 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Sweet lord. Kill La Kill is amazing. The animation, the presentation, the production. Sweet Jesus, I am geeking out watching this show. NEED TO DRAW AFTER WATCHING IT. Never let go of the dream! WORK. :punch ON. :punch THAT. :punch MASTER OF ANIMATION DEGREE. :punch

Stuff like Kill La Kill is why I feel in love with animation. :tocry The utter joy.

Witness the masters at work:

dog

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I only watch most shows for fight scenes so I prefer Shonen types :yeshrug
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
 :nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

:heh
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

magus

• LIKES FF7

is the yatterman remake worth watching? here where i live the show as an history as one of the many 80' anime's transmitted when anime was still a new shiny thing aimed at kids so i was sort of curious about the remake and then promptly forgot about it
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 07:09:09 PM by magus »
<----

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I haven't seen it myself and I can't really find any reviews of it online.
dog

hampster

brehs, is Saint Seiya Omega good?

edit: looking for a new anime that isnt Attack on Titan, no faggy shit pls

I would watch Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas before Omega (never seen the original - want to but its not streamed anywhere that I know). Anyway, I found the episodes 25-50 of Omega much better than 1-25 (I also recall reading that 25-50 is a repeat of a similar arc in the original show). As a whole Omega isn't too bad but Saint Seiya's whole shtick of beating up the main characters for 18 minutes only to have them win with one attack wore really thin by the 12th time or so I saw it.

The arc after 50 looks good. I watched about 10 more episodes and stopped figuring I'll catch up when the arc is over.
Zzz

magus

• LIKES FF7
the original saint seiya is another in the long list of "80' anime they did here when i was a kid" only here it's called "knights of the zodiac" heck in fact the italian version is on youtube to my not-surprise :heh

i don't think they ever went over that bit where they fight the gold knights or whatever,it's a fighting manga like all other fighting manga only that it's older than jesus

one anime that had a very long run here was called tsurikichi sanpei,it's an anime about this amazing fisherman boy... how it ends is a mystery,i've searched for info on the internet but even the internet doesn't know

the stories were all stupid too like how he had to learn this hand movement so that he could attract this giant carp and stuff like that

captain tsubasa is popular here too,in fact even today they still do captain tsubasa on tv,not to mention it has been often subject of parody for how overdrawn and exagerated the episode are (there is even a song that declares that "their soccer field is long 20km" :lol)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 09:14:56 PM by magus »
<----

7 1/2 hours until Gundam Build Fighters airs, and no word about the English subtitled stream being available for western countries.

Sunrise are a bunch of dicks.

edit: Nevermind! It's coming!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-06/gundam-build-fighters-anime-to-stream-in-n-america

Sunrise are still a bunch of dicks.
野球

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Old, but still lulzy as it was written by the actual author of SAO and isn't just some fanfic.  :neogaf

*glop*
©@©™

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
Old, but still lulzy as it was written by the actual author of SAO and isn't just some fanfic.  :neogaf

*glop*

Yea I wasn't expecting world exclusive breaking news here but still...

WUT

Gundam Build Fighters is awesome.

So glad Sunrise even gave us a 720p stream on YouTube. Looks epic on my HDTV.
野球

Beezy

Really? Gonna Chromecast that ho in a few.

Really? Gonna Chromecast that ho in a few.

It's clearly a kids show, but the throwbacks and cameos were awesome. Great action scenes as well.
野球

cool breeze

I like that Ramba Ral is a gunpla enthusiast.  I might have that same gundam wing model in my garage.

also learned from the gaf thread that there's a Gundam remake-of-sorts coming next year.  Gundam The Origin is a manga adaptation of the anime, and this will be an anime adaptation of the manga.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
What happened to Gintama? Latest season is very short and serious.

I like that Ramba Ral is a gunpla enthusiast.  I might have that same gundam wing model in my garage.

also learned from the gaf thread that there's a Gundam remake-of-sorts coming next year.  Gundam The Origin is a manga adaptation of the anime, and this will be an anime adaptation of the manga.

The Origin might be an OVA, might be a movie series, might be a TV show. No one knows what the hell it's going to be. Tomino's also got a new show coming next year called G's Reconquista, which is for the 35th anniversary of Gundam apparently.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 10:50:48 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

I watched my Blu-ray of Eva 3.33 last night. I knew it was going to veer into new territory, but... wow.
野球

helios

Valvrave is back and it's still crazy as fuck.

KLK episode 2 had me busting my gut, especially with the homeroom teacher posing for no reason

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

:bow Mako :bow2

:rofl
[close]
dog

helios

(Image removed from quote.)

:bow Mako :bow2

[close]

[close]

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Catching up on Valvrave. Episode 10.
Did he just rape her?  :holeup
[close]

helios

Catching up on Valvrave. Episode 10.
Did he just rape her?  :holeup
[close]

Yup.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Right. Well.

Goddamn.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Don't worry, the show gets better after that!

[close]
dog

helios

Just let it in, bro

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Kill La Kill, the newest anime by the creative minds behind over the top mecha hit Gurren Lagann, is all about a girl searching for the person who killed her father. To do this she has a giant scissor-blade and a transforming school uniform. That's where things get troubling.

In the series' lore, she slits her wrist to transform because the living uniform feeds on her blood. Thus the time limit for her transformation is until she passes out due to blood loss.

That explanation, however, doesn't change the fact that slitting one's wrists is one of the most common ways to attempt suicide (or at the very least self-mutilation) and the anime purposely evokes that image. This is all the more shocking considering that, according to the latest reported figures, Japan has one of the highest suicide rates in the world—21.7 suicides per 100,000 people. (For comparison, the last measured US suicide rate is only 12 suicides per 100,000 people.)

Yes, Kill la Kill is an action-comedy and of course, it is far from the only popular Japanese property to use suicidal images for shock value—Persona 3 and it's pistol-like evokers comes to mind, for example. But just because it's been done before doesn't make it any less disturbing when you remember that, by associating the images with awesome, action packed fights, Kill la Kill is basically making slitting your wrist seem like a “cool” thing to do. And I admit, that worries me a bit.

I'll let you have one guess as to which site this came from.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Kill La Kill, the newest anime by the creative minds behind over the top mecha hit Gurren Lagann, is all about a girl searching for the person who killed her father. To do this she has a giant scissor-blade and a transforming school uniform. That's where things get troubling.

In the series' lore, she slits her wrist to transform because the living uniform feeds on her blood. Thus the time limit for her transformation is until she passes out due to blood loss.

That explanation, however, doesn't change the fact that slitting one's wrists is one of the most common ways to attempt suicide (or at the very least self-mutilation) and the anime purposely evokes that image. This is all the more shocking considering that, according to the latest reported figures, Japan has one of the highest suicide rates in the world—21.7 suicides per 100,000 people. (For comparison, the last measured US suicide rate is only 12 suicides per 100,000 people.)

Yes, Kill la Kill is an action-comedy and of course, it is far from the only popular Japanese property to use suicidal images for shock value—Persona 3 and it's pistol-like evokers comes to mind, for example. But just because it's been done before doesn't make it any less disturbing when you remember that, by associating the images with awesome, action packed fights, Kill la Kill is basically making slitting your wrist seem like a “cool” thing to do. And I admit, that worries me a bit.

I'll let you have one guess as to which site this came from.

:goty
©@©™

Anyone want to bitch about Eva 3.33 with me?

Wow, way to basically ruin all the actual character development from 1.11 and 2.22. Shinji was actually growing a backbone, but now he just does whatever he's told. And you know, if people actually bothered to tell him what's going on, he might not be such a massive fuck up.
[close]

Really curious how they'll wrap this up.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 03:36:42 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊

[close]
:kobeyuck :mindblown

Supermarket. :heh
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:39:48 PM by Rufus »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator

[close]
:kobeyuck :mindblown

Supermarket. :heh

The battlecry of a generation.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Rahxephon91

Eva 3.33 was shit.

hampster

Brave 10 finally helped me understand anime. I always though the "protecting someone" angle was weird. I mean, I'm all for protecting loved ones but anime's obsession with it was just plain odd. Its the driving force behind like 80% of anime I've seen. Anyway, Brave 10 taught me it all goes back to that samurai code and sacrificing yourself for your lord. It feels nice to finally "get" it even if I still think its kind of dumb
Zzz

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Oh my, Mr. Ral.
野球

cool breeze

Gundam Build Fighters is surprisingly awesome.

Gundam Build Fighters is surprisingly awesome.

It is so great. I love it.
野球

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
Kill la Kill 3: :dead :deadpos :dead :deadpos
Boo

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
"I finally get it now, I have to get naked" :rofl

Also, Mako :heart :uguu

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
There needs to be an entire episode devoted to Mako and her family.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

MCD

• Fastest selling shit

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Jojo OST is soo good. :rejoice
©@©™

hampster

Not a Mako fan :yuck Feels like the creators are trying way too hard

Her dog on the other hand :heart
Zzz

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

magus

• LIKES FF7
<----

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

helios

Attack on Titan spoilers

[close]

hampster

Can't be a Hero so I got a Job is terrible. I really enjoyed Devil is a Part Timer so I figured I would like this but its trash :(
Zzz

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Can't be a Hero so I got a Job is terrible.

All you had to do was watch the preview to know that. Watch Samurai Flamenco, Galilei Donna, and Kill la Kill instead.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
I watched a BD-rip of Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie. Still a badass movie, especially the Chun-Li/Vega fight and Ken & Ryu fighting M. Bison.
©@©™

Yulwei

1. i want to F satsuki
2. jojo new ani/me equals trash. the old ova equals GODLIKE. toki wo tomare. time has stopped
3. mako is one of the greatest sidekicks ever
4. valvrave makes little sense/is not grounded in any reality we are familiar with yet it is a very fulfilling show
5. satsuki

kiryun satsuki is the most complex character written for tv. She transcendended 2D to become my waifu.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 02:42:33 AM by Yulwei »

helios

You might as well go fuck Hitler