Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1297283 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: Anime-Bore |OT| - Grill la Hill
« Reply #4260 on: December 08, 2013, 08:31:12 PM »
People can be so judgemental.  :'(

©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4261 on: December 08, 2013, 11:15:48 PM »
Poor duckroll :'(

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4262 on: December 09, 2013, 03:10:02 AM »
episode 9 of Gundam Build Fighters is amazing

Gundam Build Fighters is amazing.

:rock

I think you're biased.  :P

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4263 on: December 09, 2013, 09:37:23 AM »
ど助平

cool breeze

« Reply #4264 on: December 09, 2013, 01:35:56 PM »
episode 10 of Gundam Build Fighters

spoiler (click to show/hide)
randomly putting in Domon's gundam-summoning snap.  the psuedo-moonlight butterfly.  what a show :bow2
[close]

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #4265 on: December 09, 2013, 05:27:01 PM »
http://imgur.com/l6lpaLy  togashi plz

:rofl
Boo

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4266 on: December 09, 2013, 06:14:03 PM »
Kaoru Mori's art is so good. :lawd
dog

cool breeze

« Reply #4267 on: December 09, 2013, 06:15:28 PM »
:bow2

togashi's scribbles about math and board games are better than everything else. 

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4268 on: December 09, 2013, 08:43:40 PM »
Togashi looks like he's living in a hoarders version of Gahiggidy's basement.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:47:07 PM by Joe Molotov »
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4269 on: December 09, 2013, 10:33:48 PM »

:obama
dog

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #4270 on: December 09, 2013, 11:09:21 PM »
that was pretty cool. makes me wanna catch up.
Boo

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4271 on: December 09, 2013, 11:19:05 PM »
http://imgur.com/l6lpaLy  togashi plz

:rofl
dont even have to click this to know it's togashi's napkin art.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #4272 on: December 10, 2013, 07:17:01 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yankee-kun_to_Megane-chan

this is a really funny manga and i'm actualy happy to have found it by searching for comedy manga's,it's about this duo compromised of a delinquent boy and an ex-delinquent girl who suddenly decided to become a class rep,the delinquent boy is usualy dead serious about everything and a complete deadbeat while the girl is just a plain childish idiot who often drags everybody around in her messes which often ends resulting into funny situation... it's kinda like yotsuba meeting the delinquent gags of cromartie

going to quote myself here but after the first hilarious chapter,it's kinda slowly spoiling itself and i think i can kinda start to smell the stank... the cast is now huge,the titular megane-chan. Easily what made the manga so funny in the first place barely appears anymore and there are more stories about friendship this and friendship that than actual gags,it's becoming more saccarine than a cartoon for kids

<----

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #4273 on: December 11, 2013, 09:32:02 AM »
I read the second volume of Wolfsmund and now I'm certain I'm on a watchlist. 

ha ha just kidding.  snowden shows that we're all on watchlists for everything we do
[close]

The premise is simple.  Lawful Evil dude controls the one pass between a horrible totalitarian country and a more lenient one.  People try to go from one to the other and LEd stops them and kills everyone and tortures them.  The first volume was just the guy using his wits against people who didn't have legitimate papers and then punishing them.  the art is great and the storytelling is good so I was interested in the second volume.

The second volume involves people stripping a 12 year old girl and shoving metal instruments into her vagina while her mom looks on.  this stuff happens on panel and i felt quite gross reading it.  I don't know if i'll buy the 3rd volume (i don't know if i'll even keep the first two in my house because yuck).  Lots of rape and sodomy in this series and it seemingly came out of nowhere.

that the manga-ka is female makes this even weirder
Tonya

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4274 on: December 11, 2013, 09:37:17 AM »
Definitely the feel-bad manga of the year.
dog

野球

« Reply #4276 on: December 12, 2013, 11:50:59 AM »
episode 9 of Gundam Build Fighters is amazing

Gundam Build Fighters is amazing.

:rock

I think you're biased.  :P

NOPE.

Also, NETFLIX got the rights for Knights of Sidonia... huh...

Only on Netflix: “Knights of Sidonia,” Based on the Popular Manga Series
Hotly-anticipated Mecha Sci-fi Series to be Available to Watch Instantly in All Netflix Territories Immediately Following the Japanese TV Release
Dec 12, 2013

Beverly Hills, Calif., December 12, 2013—Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) announced today it will make available the complete first 12 episode season of Polygon Pictures’ hotly anticipated anime series “Knights of Sidonia” in all Netflix territories in Summer of 2014.

Based on the best-selling manga series by Tsutomu Nihei, published in Japan by Kodansha and in English by Vertical, “Knights of Sidonia” follows the struggle of humans to survive against the monstrous alien “Gauna” using mecha weapons called ”Garde” (Guardian Robots).

The story focuses on the ship Sidonia and young Garde pilot Nagate Tanikaze as he uses his amazing combat skills to protect what remains of human civilization.

“Netflix has a huge base of anime fans and we are thrilled to be bringing exclusively for the first time them a first-run anime series, especially one as well-plotted, humorous and beautifully animated as Knights of Sidonia,” said Erik Barmack, VP, Independent Content at Netflix.

“We are ecstatic at the opportunity to run 'Knights of Sidonia' firstly and exclusively on Netflix. This is an epochal deal, as we are able to deliver our beloved anime property to a wider audience in direct and timely fashion, than ever before,” said Shuzo John Shiota, CEO of Polygon.

“Knights of Sidonia” is produced by Tokyo-based Polygon Pictures, winner of multiple Daytime Emmy Awards for Hasbro’s television series “Transformers Prime” and the animators behind “Tron: Uprising” and several episodes of “Star Wars: The Clone Wars.” The series is directed by Kobun Shizuno, who worked on “GI Joe,” the animated series and co-directed by Hiroyuki Seshita, a veteran of the “Final Fantasy” video game series.

“Knights of Sidonia” will be available on Netflix in Japanese with the choice of subtitles or dubbed local language dialogue.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 12:22:07 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4277 on: December 12, 2013, 03:25:33 PM »
Kill la Kill Episode 11

:aah
©@©™

helios

« Reply #4278 on: December 12, 2013, 04:05:08 PM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4279 on: December 12, 2013, 04:29:50 PM »
Nui reaching across the frames to mess with Satsuki was :lol and Ragyo is SWAGADELIC.
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #4281 on: December 12, 2013, 07:14:50 PM »
Nui reaching across the frames to mess with Satsuki was :lol and Ragyo is SWAGADELIC.

I marked out when that happened. So good, so amazing, so kill la kill.

Boo

Himu

« Reply #4282 on: December 12, 2013, 07:17:20 PM »
Is Monogatari good?
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4283 on: December 12, 2013, 07:58:29 PM »
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4284 on: December 12, 2013, 08:21:23 PM »

:whew
[close]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 09:06:46 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

helios

« Reply #4285 on: December 13, 2013, 02:14:37 AM »
I can't wait to see a pissed off Ryuko.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4286 on: December 13, 2013, 09:49:15 AM »
Eyepatch girl
saying that she killed Ryuko's father has got to be a swerve. 
[close]
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4287 on: December 13, 2013, 05:53:38 PM »
Eyepatch girl
saying that she killed Ryuko's father has got to be a swerve. 
[close]

Yeah, I'm not buying it either. I still think it's Satsuki's mom who did the deed.
[close]
dog

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #4288 on: December 13, 2013, 07:28:54 PM »
when i come to this thread,i usualy come here with a moderately sized text wall but in this case i think these 3 page will tell you more than anything i can say

kongoh banchou it's the name and the plot goes like he has to defeat 23 other banchou's and they all have silly theme's like "buddha banchou" or "sword banchou" or "coward banchou" and in a perfect world there would be a capcom game based on it
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 07:54:34 PM by magus »
<----

Beezy

« Reply #4289 on: December 16, 2013, 11:08:11 PM »
Gundam Build Fighters really is amazing.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4290 on: December 16, 2013, 11:15:40 PM »
Is Monogatari good?
Best anime this season, thing is though, you need to have watched at least Bakemonogatari

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #4291 on: December 17, 2013, 12:46:10 PM »
finished reading kongoh banchou,it was a good read especialy because at 110 something chapter it was long enough to stick but not long enough to drag... some of the arc felt somewhat stereotypical (one of them features a robot banchou who wonders what it's like being human and has flashback and wonders about the meaning of death and...) but overall it was all so grossly exagerated and fast paced that it still was enjoyable,the ending in particular is ridiculous

the villain and the hero grows as big as building because they are some sort of super alien race then the hero punches the villain so hard he actualy does a full planet rotation then their fight causes the earth core to meltdown and apparently the only way to stop it it's to punch it really hard because i don't know
[close]

one particular mention goes to "coward banchou" which the scanlator nicknamed as gay batman,gay batman seems like a pretty good fit because not only his mask really looks like the batman mask but everything always seems to go his way even when it sounds incredibly stupid a-la shark spray,like maybe "deus ex machina banchou" would have been a good fit too... in fact everytime a character is killed off screen 5 page later, it always turns out it was actualy saved by gay batman at the last minute

best favourite stupid moment
they fight a "shark banchou" like an actual giant shark dressed like a delinquent that summons marlin to attack
[close]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 12:49:25 PM by magus »
<----

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4292 on: December 17, 2013, 12:57:20 PM »

one particular mention goes to "coward banchou" which the scanlator nicknamed as gay batman,gay batman seems like a pretty good fit because not only his mask really looks like the batman mask but everything always seems to go his way even when it sounds incredibly stupid a-la shark spray,like maybe "deus ex machina banchou" would have been a good fit too... in fact everytime a character is killed off screen 5 page later, it always turns out it was actualy saved by gay batman at the last minute

:what :oreilly

:phil
[close]
ど助平

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #4293 on: December 17, 2013, 01:45:10 PM »

did i mention his weapon of choice is a whip?

here's a scene where he pulls a vulcan gun out of nowhere because sure why not

« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 01:47:14 PM by magus »
<----

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4294 on: December 17, 2013, 04:37:00 PM »
I'm not seeing "Gay Batman."  More like "Gay Kato." That's some awful localization.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #4295 on: December 17, 2013, 08:26:02 PM »
That's definitely Kato.
IYKYK

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #4296 on: December 18, 2013, 07:12:46 AM »
I'm not seeing "Gay Batman."  More like "Gay Kato." That's some awful localization.

i don't think most people know of this kato character,heck i didn't know it myself before this post made me took a trip to google but yeah that's pretty similiar looking
<----

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4297 on: December 18, 2013, 09:51:16 AM »
Gonna watch some Roberta's Blood Trail on Bluray this week. :rock
dog

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #4298 on: December 18, 2013, 04:58:11 PM »
Ryushika Ryushika

basicaly it's yotsuba,drawn by yoshitoshi abe and all done in colored pages.... did i just describe something amazing? i just did

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 06:16:09 PM by magus »
<----

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #4299 on: December 19, 2013, 07:39:47 PM »
 :fbm Where's kill la kill

The escalation in Samurai Flam is pretty crazy. I'm really surprised they're going this far, they even had a theme song.

From Beyond to Heaven is much weaker than Viva Torture. Viva Torture was a masterstroke. But those videos from beyond :neogaf shits cray
[close]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 07:45:41 PM by Junpei the Tracer! »
Boo

helios

« Reply #4300 on: December 19, 2013, 07:46:41 PM »
:fbm Where's kill la kill

The escalation in Samurai Flam is pretty crazy. I'm really surprised they're going this far, they even had a theme song.

From Beyond to Heaven is much weaker than Viva Torture. Viva Torture was a masterstroke. But those videos from beyond :neogaf shits cray
[close]

Something is going on. Fansubs are out there, though.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4301 on: December 20, 2013, 12:00:46 AM »
KILL LA KILL

SAMURAI FLAMENCO

:whew
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4302 on: December 21, 2013, 09:14:58 PM »
Watched Wolf Children, as it aired on broadcast TV on Friday. Absolutely gorgeous anime. My kids both liked it a lot.

Should I watch Summer Wars?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4303 on: December 21, 2013, 09:18:10 PM »
Summer Wars is really good, so is The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4304 on: December 22, 2013, 10:12:20 AM »

2014: Year of Manime
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #4305 on: December 22, 2013, 10:28:17 PM »
I did my every year or two check to see if any of the manga I used to read a decade ago had finished and if so, to finish them.

Finished Gantz - I would say that it was terrible, but considering that it had been terrible for a while and seemed like it had no idea what the fuck it was doing (I really think the author had a good concept for a series when he started, but had no idea beyond that where he wanted the plot to go or the explanations for anything), it was entertaining dumb shit.  Its biggest disappointment just being how by the books Hollywood ending it was.  The first half of the series was pretty cool!  Weird sci-fi mystery story with intense action and high stakes.  The introduction of the Osaka team was good too.  But then the
oh hey, Kurono's brother is part of a SECRET VAMPIRE SOCIETY, and then two Kurono's thing that never went anywhere, and the whole endgame earth invasion and then dumb explanations along with underdeveloped everyone was pretty terrible
[close]
  Not really worth a read, but I enjoyed it back in the day and I always liked that a chapter was only a 60 second time commitment since it was 80% action, 15% boobs and 5% dialogue.

and Soul Eater - Which was alright.  The last arc was fairly predictable teenage shounen, with friendship and love and self-sacrifice and all that stuff.  But the art was consistent and nice, the characters likeable, and the tone of comedy + action + drama always hit the right spot.  It's a B-tier manga in the end, but at least it never really got "bad" like a lot of manga do.  It had a couple of high points, but was just generally solid and enjoyable throughout, and can't blame 'em too much for that.

Also xxxHolic - Yeah, there's a sequel series running now, but while I really liked xxxHolic for a while and its "supernatural tale of the day", the main plot moved really slow and in the last couple of volumes absolutely nothing happened and it should have ended far earlier.  Basically CLAMP was good at a time with stuff like X and Chobits and Clover, when they were telling short concise stories, but with xxxHolic & Tsubasa they realized they could retire if they just made series that go on forever and nothing really happens and they never end, so I'm done with CLAMP finally. 

Now hopefully by this time next year Bleach & Naruto and maybe Hunter x Hunter will have finished and I'll catch up and finish those guys.  Looking forward to Bleach finishing so I can skim the rest of it for the lolz.  After those end, about the only manga that'll still be running since my college anime/manga days will be Berserk, but I'll try that again in 10 years and maybe there'll be some progress.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #4306 on: December 23, 2013, 09:30:54 AM »
i stopped with gantz after

gantz tell everybody to kill the MC girlfriend
[close]

do they ever discover why gantz exist and/or stuff like that?
<----

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4307 on: December 23, 2013, 10:18:12 AM »
Yup, they reveal everything. They break it down pretty far. Metaphysical nonsense included.

I quit early on (before the "Vampires"* appeared) and later went back to inhale everything I've missed. Boy... :neogaf Thankfully it's as Bebpo says, you can "read" these like a flipbook. When there is a lot of dialogue it's usually shite. You're better off skimming or outright skipping it anyway.

*I don't even remember what became of that sub-splot. Did it ever go anywhere?

cool breeze

« Reply #4308 on: December 23, 2013, 01:42:21 PM »
I can't imagine Hunter X Hunter ending anytime soon between the hiatuses and where it left off.

and Gundam Build Fighters 12 was amazing.  Every week I'm amazed by the show.  Wing Gundam Fenice :bow2

Bebpo

« Reply #4309 on: December 23, 2013, 08:21:24 PM »
It's been a while but I'm pretty sure the Vampire subplot came to nothing and they were just chilling in the end.

Super high tech alien race (aliens A) from another universe almost gets their planet taken over by super warlike alien race (aliens B) who are looking for a new planet to migrate to after their universe is destroyed.  Aliens A then see that Aliens B are set to try the same thing on earth and for no real reason at all other than because they probably don't like Aliens B and want to fuck them over, Aliens A sends advance sci-fi tech (Gantz) through signals from space which is picked up by German rich person who makes the balls and sells them to the world governments and gets rich and the governments add the scoring system and all the game-like systems in and start using it to take out other aliens from all around the universe that had been migrating to earth over the past 30 years as practice to build up experience to then take on Aliens B when they invade the earth in the final arc.  In the end after Aliens B murder like half the planet, Gantz heroes blow up their army on Alien B's migratory planet ship, Aliens B try to self-destruct and suicide take out earth but they fuck up and just blow themselves up while Gantz heroes fall down to earth in their space bikes and land in the ocean and then run out to meet their ladies who've been wearing no pants for 3 days.

Oh and they meet Alien A in a white room and he answers questions and tells them there is no god and people cry and then tells people they are like ants, just objects and the soul is data and tries to show it by reviving all the dead people from the series who are important and then blows them all up.  Kurono clone gets pissed and tries to attack Alien A but is instantly exploded into a burst of goo and that's how they got back down to one Kuruno.
[close]

Yup.

helios

« Reply #4310 on: December 24, 2013, 12:01:44 AM »
Before my body is dry

:rejoice

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #4311 on: December 24, 2013, 07:39:42 AM »
It's been a while but I'm pretty sure the Vampire subplot came to nothing and they were just chilling in the end.

Super high tech alien race (aliens A) from another universe almost gets their planet taken over by super warlike alien race (aliens B) who are looking for a new planet to migrate to after their universe is destroyed.  Aliens A then see that Aliens B are set to try the same thing on earth and for no real reason at all other than because they probably don't like Aliens B and want to fuck them over, Aliens A sends advance sci-fi tech (Gantz) through signals from space which is picked up by German rich person who makes the balls and sells them to the world governments and gets rich and the governments add the scoring system and all the game-like systems in and start using it to take out other aliens from all around the universe that had been migrating to earth over the past 30 years as practice to build up experience to then take on Aliens B when they invade the earth in the final arc.  In the end after Aliens B murder like half the planet, Gantz heroes blow up their army on Alien B's migratory planet ship, Aliens B try to self-destruct and suicide take out earth but they fuck up and just blow themselves up while Gantz heroes fall down to earth in their space bikes and land in the ocean and then run out to meet their ladies who've been wearing no pants for 3 days.

Oh and they meet Alien A in a white room and he answers questions and tells them there is no god and people cry and then tells people they are like ants, just objects and the soul is data and tries to show it by reviving all the dead people from the series who are important and then blows them all up.  Kurono clone gets pissed and tries to attack Alien A but is instantly exploded into a burst of goo and that's how they got back down to one Kuruno.
[close]

Yup.

so basicaly

[close]
<----

helios

« Reply #4312 on: December 24, 2013, 07:22:39 PM »
I caught up with Samurai Flamenco

The fuck? Episode 7 just happened out of nowhere and now full on Power Rangers!
[close]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4313 on: December 24, 2013, 07:30:35 PM »
I caught up with Samurai Flamenco

The fuck? Episode 7 just happened out of nowhere and now full on Power Rangers!
[close]

Just wait until you hit episode 11.
dog

helios

« Reply #4314 on: December 24, 2013, 07:39:32 PM »
I watched it and I'm still flabbergasted.

This show out-Valraved Valvrave
[close]

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4315 on: December 24, 2013, 09:56:45 PM »
I watched it and I'm still flabbergasted.

This show out-Valraved Valvrave
[close]
Welp, it's getting added to the pile.

helios

« Reply #4316 on: December 26, 2013, 10:18:34 AM »
 :nsfw Attack on Titan spoilers.

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #4317 on: December 26, 2013, 03:24:28 PM »